Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
ByTor

2020 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp

3 hours ago, TheGenuineBeauty said:

I do think it's one of her better field photos. But she needs to get rid of the hot pink lipstick ASAP and that hair is not doing her any favors. Also is it just me or does she always up the brightness filter whenever she posts her field photos? It's kind of too much to be honest. 

This is probably an unpopular opinion, but I would make VK a brunette ala Milan, or at least make her a darker blonde. It'll make her stand out more in a good way and not in a fake 40 year old Barbie kind of way.

When Tasha changed up her lipstick from bubblegum pink she went from a pretty girl to gorgeous. 

• Like 15

1 hour ago, vanillagum said:

obsessed with their friendship. it's so precious. 

also, briana might be the most underrated dcc. i literally never see anyone mention her. she's so cute and gorgeous 😞

i also have always thought it was beyond bizarre how she had talking heads and an intro story her first time trying out but the year she actually made the team i don't think she was on the screen once. why?!?!?! who doesn't love a good comeback story smh

Love Brianna, was so happy she came back and made the team. Both her and Brennan are some of my all time favs. 

• Like 14

2 hours ago, Kitkatkitty said:

This post shows Rookies McKenzie, Jada, and Marissa. 

For the first time in a time in a long time I don't know who they all are! And that is really exciting!

1. -
  2. Alanna
  3. Rachel Wyatt
  4. -
  5. -
  6. -
  7. Jada (I am  #TeamJada)
  8. -
  9. Marissa
  10. Amber and - (Savvy perhaps?)

Does anyone know?

Edited by Pau84 · Reason: typo
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Pau84 said:

For the first time in a time in a long time I don't know who they all are! And that is really exciting!

1. -
  2. Alanna
  3. Rachel Wyatt
  4. -
  5. -
  6. -
  7. Jada (I am  #TeamJada)
  8. -
  9. Marissa
  10. Amber and - (Savvy perhaps?)

Does anyone know?

1. Erin
  2. Alanna
  3. Rachel W
  4. Gina?
  5. McKenzie
  6. McKenzie
  7. Jada
  8. McKenzie
  9. Marissa
  10. Amber and Savannah
  • Like 4
  • Useful 1

16 minutes ago, Trixi said:

Love Brianna, was so happy she came back and made the team. Both her and Brennan are some of my all time favs. 

same!!! ❤️

• Like 1

2 hours ago, madmax84 said:

Don't the cheerleaders just block the view of the game from the touchdown decks? It's hilarious to me in the pictures it looks like people are trying to look through them to see what's going on

Pretty much the problem the first time around plus they’re slick and tilted. Most of the fans who said nasty stuff were annoyed bc they were blocking the views more than anything. 

1 hour ago, TB12 said:

I have no words... But Kristen looks great!

IMG_7738.jpg

I had zero issue with her before but that shirt well now I hate her. Makes me want to vomit bc I hate the whole Jerry owns these timid mindless females who do as he bids plus if she’s supposed to be so religious then Mary had a little lamb was based on Mary and Jesus - teaching the catechism to Catholics In hiding back in the day. She’s dumb. 

• Like 10

1 minute ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

Pretty much the problem the first time around plus they’re slick and tilted. Most of the fans who said nasty stuff were annoyed bc they were blocking the views more than anything. 

I had zero issue with her before but that shirt well now I hate her. Makes me want to vomit bc I hate the whole Jerry owns these timid mindless females who do as he bids plus if she’s supposed to be so religious then Mary had a little lamb was based on Mary and Jesus - teaching the catechism to Catholics In hiding back in the day. She’s dumb. 

The shirt has to do with new rookie player for the team ceedee lamb 

• Like 6
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 4

9 hours ago, Jazzhands said:

I’m fully prepared to get a lot of hate for this, but I think this is a great photo and I could see it on the cover of the sideline calendar selling tons of copies. 

I think she looks great if she was aiming to look 35+. Isn't she 20? The DCC style of hair and make up does none of these ladies any favors.  

• Like 6
  • Laugh 1

30 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

Understood, but it appears to carry an additional and unfortunate connotation when worn by one of the cheerleaders. 

• Like 10
  • Useful 1

38 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

I get that and doesn’t make it any better. Might even make it worse.

• Like 10
  • Laugh 4

11 minutes ago, Pj3422 said:

Understood, but it appears to carry an additional and unfortunate connotation when worn by one of the cheerleaders. 

I agree it gave me the creeps but good to know it references a new rookie... 

• Like 3

Rookies are no longer in the second row where they can look to see what dance their group leader chooses for each song.

so I can see if rookies are on the end that they would be late figuring out what routine they are supposed to dance to.

Edited by lctheobald
  • Like 4
  • Useful 2

Just catching up, so have a few thoughts.  

1. I think Neal McCoy is a judge because of the fact the show airs on CMT, but he also does bring an "everyman" quality to the panel, which is what most Cowboys fans are.  I do agree that he is mostly shown commenting on appearance, but again, that's what most fans do judge them on.  

2. That was as good of a pic of VK as you'll see in that gameday Instagram photo.  What frustrates me is why she didn't just show up in that shape her first year auditioning.  A huge part of the initial backlash toward her was the fact that she was way overweight by DCC standards, yet was kept around in TC despite showing little to no progress in that regard.  I agree that she's overly criticized by some, but she is just as equally overly victimized by some.  

3. Those decks were visibly an annoyance to the fans seated in the end zone.  The cheerleaders don't like them and they obstruct the view of the field.

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, lctheobald said:

Rookies are no longer in the second row where they can look to see what dance their group leader chooses for each song.

so I can see if rookies are on the end that they would be late figuring out what routine they are supposed to dance to.

I give the rookies a break for being a bit messy because this is all new for them and they don't have anyone to follow like you said. They need to get used to this so for a first time, I think it went well enough

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, vivianspoetry said:

1. I think Neal McCoy is a judge because of the fact the show airs on CMT, but he also does bring an "everyman" quality to the panel, which is what most Cowboys fans are.  I do agree that he is mostly shown commenting on appearance, but again, that's what most fans do judge them on.  

Exactly...they show him being silly with the "She's Hot!" comments at least once, but only in the 'private' meeting...If you notice him in the panel interviews and/or the open judging segments he's articulate, attentive and knows a natural entertainer when he sees one...And when he said Kelsey was HOT, he was just saying what everyone else was thinking....

• Like 14

16 hours ago, HowdeeDo said:

Excited to see Gina back, but does she look a little scary thin in this photo? 

I do think she tends to be on the too thin side these days (her abs do look toned & really good in this pic though), but she filters her instagram pics so much it's hard to tell how thin she really is and what is filter.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1

My favorite McCoy moment was when that woman peed on the floor during auditions, and Kelli was like "Say something!" to him to distract from the floor being cleaned.  LOL he had no idea what was even going on, but he did a good job!

• Like 11
  • Laugh 2

5 minutes ago, hannahbanana said:

I do think she tends to be on the too thin side these days (her abs do look toned & really good in this pic though), but she filters her instagram pics so much it's hard to tell how thin she really is and what is filter.

YES YES YES. I like Gina more than I used to in the beginning. But I honestly think she photoshops her waist in every flippin' photo she posts and there is no need to at all. She would look perfectly fine without trying to convince us she has a corset-produced tiny waist yet somehow normal healthy toned legs. She's a great looking woman without the filters/photoshopping.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, TUOwl84 said:

So did Elli make the team?  I haven't seen any photos or videos.  

If this photo is correct then yes, she made it. This shows the team and show group is highlighted in blue. 

36BB7981-D87A-4028-8CA1-D5FE7E9BA28A.jpeg

• Useful 2

6 hours ago, Manc.UK.DCCfan said:

I watched them on a Facebook group, the owner of the videos has asked they not be shared into here and I’m going to respect that request. 

Nothing against you, so do not take the following comment as me being rude etc to you and I know it will come out a tad rude. But I respect you and your respect etc. But those people on the facebook groups are one to talk at times. I don't have facebook but gees some of them (facebook groups) think its fine to come here and steal some of the stuff that was posted/made by some of the guys on here and post them on facebook posting/making out its their work even if they changed it slightly. just makes me think "well so its ok for them to come here steal other posters (from here)'s stuff without crediting the source and then say oh "I will post X or Y or Z here on facebook but they (eg us on this forum) cannot do the same and "steal" their stuff and post it on here etc". Double standarads. Don't steal the stuff on here and not credit the relevant person etc and then say it can't be taken from those same facebook groups and used on here. 

3 hours ago, Trixi said:

When Tasha changed up her lipstick from bubblegum pink she went from a pretty girl to gorgeous. 

When Tasha was on the team there was a massive part of me that just thought ok I don't hate bublegum pink, but don't she have a different color? Just because she likes it ... but why can't she change it up once in a while.

As for Gina, I actually want to know how much she actually weighs. Her body is starting to remind me of Kelsey Bond and where she (Kelsey) was too thin (I think it was Kelsey Bond anyway) because she has had that health problem and got too thin and Kelli had to tell her to "eat and fatten up" and Kelli also then said "we have never had to tell a girl to fatten up/gain weight before"

• Like 20
  • Useful 1

Who do y’all think are the stand-out rookies this season, the most talented performers?

41 minutes ago, ByTor said:

My favorite McCoy moment was when that woman peed on the floor during auditions, and Kelli was like "Say something!" to him to distract from the floor being cleaned.  LOL he had no idea what was even going on, but he did a good job!

Candace Romo totally won me over during that episode too - hilarious and so honest about her experience doing the same when the adrenaline got going when she ran track, I think she said.   Hanging out with her and Tony is probably a delightful experience...so funny!  And he's BY FAR my favorite announcer these days.  Absolutely worth that monster contract he got, and I swear he'd be a killer coach too.  The man can read a defense a mile away.  I get why Dak replaced him, but still. Nothing but charm.  Some people just have a little something extra, you know?

• Like 24

20 minutes ago, Uk-Eve said:

Nothing against you, so do not take the following comment as me being rude etc to you and I know it will come out a tad rude. But I respect you and your respect etc. But those people on the facebook groups are one to talk at times. I don't have facebook but gees some of them (facebook groups) think its fine to come here and steal some of the stuff that was posted/made by some of the guys on here and post them on facebook posting/making out its their work even if they changed it slightly. just makes me think "well so its ok for them to come here steal other posters (from here)'s stuff without crediting the source and then say oh "I will post X or Y or Z here on facebook but they (eg us on this forum) cannot do the same and "steal" their stuff and post it on here etc". Double standarads. Don't steal the stuff on here and not credit the relevant person etc and then say it can't be taken from those same facebook groups and used on here. 

When Tasha was on the team there was a massive part of me that just thought ok I don't hate bublegum pink, but don't she have a different color? Just because she likes it ... but why can't she change it up once in a while.

As for Gina, I actually want to know how much she actually weighs. Her body is starting to remind me of Kelsey Bond and where she (Kelsey) was too thin (I think it was Kelsey Bond anyway) because she has had that health problem and got too thin and Kelli had to tell her to "eat and fatten up" and Kelli also then said "we have never had to tell a girl to fatten up/gain weight before"

I am a part of that particular FB group.  I agree that they shouldn't just come over here and steal and not give credit.  Plus it is a big old waste of my time to see everything twice.  But in this particular case, the poster that attended the game specifically asked that her stuff not be copied over here.  She explained her fears, and I personally didn't agree with them.  But I would still always respect someone that specifically asked that something not be copied.  It's a fun group, you should go join!

• Like 4

Okay that is a good photo of VK. I watched all the videos on shade and sun and sheesh what a mess. VK actually looks like a vet and Alora is a hot mess y’all. There are videos of like 4 girls messing up all in a row, and VK is the only one matching with the others down the line. They cut Brennan and Hannah for Alora and Marissa!? 🤔

• Like 5

3 hours ago, ElenaFR said:

I think she looks great if she was aiming to look 35+. Isn't she 20? The DCC style of hair and make up does none of these ladies any favors.  

I don’t disagree with you at all.  I think they’d all look a lot younger and fresher if they went back to a more natural look, especially for cameos (I tend to think of field makeup as akin to stage makeup — it’s got to be overdone so you can see it from the cheap seats, so I’ll give that some leeway).

The DCC management seems to love the overdone Barbie look — big hair, big smile, lots of makeup, hair extensions, fake eyelashes, fake tans, fake boobs, fillers, etc.  It seems to be getting worse over the past several years. For some reason, having them all look like cast members on the Real Housewives franchise seems to be a feature, not a bug.  🤷🏼‍♀️

• Like 7
  • Useful 2

1 hour ago, Trixi said:

Who do y’all think are the stand-out rookies this season, the most talented performers?

Claire, she is the full package, every video I have seen of her she dancing great and she made showgroup. I feel like she like 2 shoes in during TC

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Jazzhands said:

I don’t disagree with you at all.  I think they’d all look a lot younger and fresher if they went back to a more natural look, especially for cameos (I tend to think of field makeup as akin to stage makeup — it’s got to be overdone so you can see it from the cheap seats, so I’ll give that some leeway).

The DCC management seems to love the overdone Barbie look — big hair, big smile, lots of makeup, hair extensions, fake eyelashes, fake tans, fake boobs, fillers, etc.  It seems to be getting worse over the past several years. For some reason, having them all look like cast members on the Real Housewives franchise seems to be a feature, not a bug.  🤷🏼‍♀️

To me, this Barbie look makes them less liked by women. It's very catered towards what most men like. Women would probably prefer them to have a more natural look. 

• Like 6

Previously it was said that the girls made to dance for their lives during camp were Jessica, Alora Rose, Tori, Kristin, Briana, Lily, Hannah, and Brennan. To be honest based on the videos of the game Jessica and Alora Rose should have been cut and Hannah and Brennan should have been kept (or at least Tori!). Obviously those girls are going to be the season's strugglers which makes it doubly annoying that they cut good vets. 

• Like 8
  • Useful 4

24 minutes ago, TorProc said:

Okay that is a good photo of VK. I watched all the videos on shade and sun and sheesh what a mess. VK actually looks like a vet and Alora is a hot mess y’all. There are videos of like 4 girls messing up all in a row, and VK is the only one matching with the others down the line. They cut Brennan and Hannah for Alora and Marissa!? 🤔

Thank you! I think people weren’t quite believing me when I said it was BAD 😂

• Laugh 1

35 minutes ago, TorProc said:

This was probably the year not to take rookies. If they don't have vets to follow, they are looking mighty messy. 

• Like 12

1 hour ago, Trixi said:

I do not know who's the best dancer or performer out of the rookies but the girl that I've had my eye on since Day 1 was Darian. She's gorgeous and her look is so versatile, she can have the hair straight or in her natural curls and she still looks stunning. If the rumors are true then I am so happy she made the team.

• Like 9

19 minutes ago, ElenaFR said:

This was probably the year not to take rookies. If they don't have vets to follow, they are looking mighty messy. 

It's an away game this week, and then three home games in a row.  Hopefully, no more vets benched, rookies will get over their nerves and have a better idea what is going on, and vets will be used to the new format as well.

• Like 3

On 9/16/2020 at 11:29 AM, go4luca said:

Thank you!  I was going to share the same as I also have a wee bit of psoriasis (I have psoriatic arthritis).

I recall a friend of mine mentioning her brother having psoriatic arthritis-such a serious case- that his doctor actually prescribed for him to have a tanning membership, it alleviated the pain (at least somewhat), and the itching.   They finally broke down and bought their own tanning bed.  It helped him tremendously.  My friend had it as well, but not to the degree that her brother had- he really struggled with it.    

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Trixi said:

I think Claire W, Darian, and Jada are among the best dancers as far as rookies. Not sure how great Dani & Elli are, but they’re simply gorgeous so good for them for making the team. 

• Like 8

9 minutes ago, KoKo said:

I recall a friend of mine mentioning her brother having psoriatic arthritis-such a serious case- that his doctor actually prescribed for him to have a tanning membership, it alleviated the pain (at least somewhat), and the itching.   They finally broke down and bought their own tanning bed.  It helped him tremendously.  My friend had it as well, but not to the degree that her brother had- he really struggled with it.    

My sister also tans for her psoriasis. Its helped tremendously. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, madmax84 said:

Don't the cheerleaders just block the view of the game from the touchdown decks? It's hilarious to me in the pictures it looks like people are trying to look through them to see what's going on

I would be mad if I spent good money to see a football game!

• Like 9

Just now, edie3 said:

I would be mad if I spent good money to see a football game!

Agreed!  It's like going to see a movie and having someone sit directly in front of you that you spend several minutes trying to see around.  Ugh!  Annoying!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Opine said:

I am a part of that particular FB group.  I agree that they shouldn't just come over here and steal and not give credit.  Plus it is a big old waste of my time to see everything twice.  But in this particular case, the poster that attended the game specifically asked that her stuff not be copied over here.  She explained her fears, and I personally didn't agree with them.  But I would still always respect someone that specifically asked that something not be copied.  It's a fun group, you should go join!

Yea I am not a social media post person and I got instagram to basically post for myself and twitter just to keep up with the travel news in my area etc. Thats what bothers me about the other facebook groups, from reading about it here, from everyone. Just if they want to take the stuff from here, great but at least comment on where they took the info from. Its the internet and everyone is always stealing things, which I get but eurgh.

But I agree with you. I respect peoples wishes. Just bothers me if someone steals and if they do, they don't bother at least saying "ok I got this from X or Y or Z place"

1 hour ago, Weeklydcc said:

A challenge to the Sea Gals.  It's nice the NFL is doing this.

What is this pass the vote thing they are doing? Is this to do with the president votes coming up in Nov in the US? Or am I being stupid at this time of day and just having a memory blank?

Also can someone tell me, do the girls have to learn and do thunderstruck? I know they wont do it, but in terms of learning it etc .... What got me curious. especially this season was, do they have to learn it because they wont be able to do it on the field this year. It does make me curious for next year esp the returning rookies (from this season) and when they do the kicks/thunderstruck etc and whether Dementia Kelli and C and + J would be a little lenient on them because they didn't do thunderstruck at all/much this season etc

Edited by Uk-Eve

17 minutes ago, Itswhatisaid said:

I think Claire W, Darian, and Jada are among the best dancers as far as rookies. Not sure how great Dani & Elli are, but they’re simply gorgeous so good for them for making the team. 

42 minutes ago, TheGenuineBeauty said:

I do not know who's the best dancer or performer out of the rookies but the girl that I've had my eye on since Day 1 was Darian. She's gorgeous and her look is so versatile, she can have the hair straight or in her natural curls and she still looks stunning. If the rumors are true then I am so happy she made the team.

Me too!

I can't wait to see them on the show!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Uk-Eve said:

Also can someone tell me, do the girls have to learn thunderstruck? What got me curious. especially this season was, do they have to learn it because they wont be able to do it on the field this year. It does make me curious for next year esp the returning rookies (from this season) and when they do the kicks/thunderstruck etc and whether Dementia Kelli and C and + J would be a little lenient on them because they didn't do thunderstruck at all/much this season etc

They did it on the deck at halftime, with some different choreo in place of where the kick line and jump split would be.

• Useful 2

Just now, scorpio1031 said:

They did it on the deck at halftime, with some different choreo in place of where the kick line and jump split would be.

Eurgh I better find that video, I havent watched any of the games video from the games so far. I don't even know where NFL games are being shown on tv here in uk. Well good to know that at least. Thanks

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Uk-Eve said:

What is this pass the vote thing they are doing? Is this to do with the president votes coming up in Nov in the US? Or am I being stupid at this time of day and just having a memory blank?

There are elections at every level of government this year in the U.S. Civic engagement is a good message for the DCC to jump on. Voting is the cornerstone of our form of government.

• Like 12

17 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

I was surprised that they replaced the kickline with choreo containing only 2 kicks to be honest... it wasn’t bad, but I just find it weird considering that Kelli keeps saying that the kickline is such a crowd pleaser and their signature, but this year they’re not able to do anything similar... 

And also, why isn’t it possible? They link arms but I assume they don’t routinely lick their palms or something right after doing the kickline. They’re touching the poms and many surfaces I’m sure, so as long as they wash their hands & use wipes/gels, it’s not like they will catch it from the kickline specifically.

Edited by dreamcatcher
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, dreamcatcher said:

I was surprised that they replaced the kickline with choreo containing only 2 kicks to be honest... it wasn’t bad, but I just find it weird considering that Kelli keeps saying that the kickline is such a crowd pleaser and their signature, but this year they’re not able to do anything similar... 

And also, why isn’t it possible? They link arms but I assume they don’t routinely lick their palms or something right after doing the kickline. They’re touching the poms and many surfaces I’m sure, so as long as they wash their hands & use wipes/gels, it’s not like they will catch it from the kickline specifically.

I would say there isn't enough room to do it safely on the deck.  Also, if they were to do it, then you have the ones complaining they did it.  

• Like 9

5 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

I would say there isn't enough room to do it safely on the deck.  Also, if they were to do it, then you have the ones complaining they did it.  

Yes that’s true, they don’t have enough space... They would’ve if they had taken a vets only squad, since they’ve performed in really tight stages as SG and managed to do the kickline anyway. I don’t really miss the kickline, it just felt so off to be honest... And distracting, I wouldn’t be able to focus on the game with the cheerleaders right in my face busting into 4 8counts at random times, then stop, then repeat. Do they usually dance so little while on the sidelines? They make it sound like a big deal but it’s literally just a few 8counts at a time?

• Like 1