Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
ByTor

2020 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, chabelisaywow said:

Rachel W has never been a favorite of mine - she's appeared in black face, and is homophobic?!

She had some questionable tweets but some calling her homophobic is a nasty accusation about someone they don't even know personally. I don't believe for a single bit that is anything like that

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post

10 hours ago, kalibean said:

Y’all, until other active DCC have an avid and active social media following like VK, she’s gonna get featured a ton. I think the only current DCC with more followers is Maddie. Yes, she’s family to Kelli, but she also gets the likes/mentions/shares. Advertisers eat that up, and the show is a big part of the DCC world.  And while the consumer for the calendar and the show likely aren’t the same demo, the peeps buying the calendar aren’t going to bitch about a long legged airbrushed blonde either. And won’t notice if she’s off on the field either. Honestly I think the only place she’s going to be a problem (other than the locker room) is appearances, and hopefully she’s getting some kind of coaching. Tho with Covid, that’s not much of a liability either. 
 

Soooo, let’s get our lower key faves that same kind of social media following and maybe just maybe they’ll get featured more too. Sigh. 
 

ETA: I was mostly responding to the post that @EricaShadows shared in the Past Seasons thread...but it fits here too. All VK, all the time! 

Rachel W is actually the most followed current DCC

Edited by AYTOfan

Share this post


Link to post

I hope Jenn K will take over one day. Judy said she is her right hand. Not to mention she became second leader in her second year so they clearly love her

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
17 hours ago, Muckypup61 said:

Plenty of WOC try out for DCC every year and I don't buy that only 3 of them are talented and polished enough for the squad

Seriously. It's such a joke lol

 

Also, wait, did Marshall seriously mention a user here in his insta stories...multiple times? What? I can't tell if you guys are joking lmao. If it's true...how f*cking embarrassing omg

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

Yes, and THEN he posted screen grabs of what he said in a FB forum devoted to the DCC.  Methinks someone needs some attention.

He's too old for this. This is so sad, wow. I didn't realize he was such a loser. Bummer!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

13 minutes ago, vanillagum said:

He's too old for this. This is so sad, wow. I didn't realize he was such a loser. Bummer!

I think the poster touched a nerve by disparaging his hair.

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

He’s posted about you 3 of 4 times. Clearly you touched a nerve! 

Vivian wrote that poem when she could have been practicing. Marshall is still concerned with me when he could be working on himself. 

  • Like 3
  • Useful 3
  • Laugh 12
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, AYTOfan said:

Rachel W is actually the most followed current DCC

She sure is! Just edges Maddie with 69k followers. Makes sense given her background prior to DCC. She might be a bit trickier to use for MTT promos, though. Gorgeous but hasn’t had a ton of screen time, plus she’s got the awkward brown face Halloween pics and a tough twitter history. 19 year old goofball lying dramatically about her weight her first year and making a triumphant comeback her second year (as edited) is a safer brand of controversy. Plus, VK is VK so always bonus points for that. Lol. 

Rachel is for sure the calendar girl tho, especially when she gets some life in her face. I don’t know that we’d ever be besties, but she’s pretty as can be and surface sweet.  Maybe she’s expanded her world view.

As for Marshall, I respect the hell out of him for his work fostering, and I enjoy his posts on insta.  I’m not going to blame the man for punching back a bit. This is a mostly anonymous forum where people are much nastier than they would be to someone’s face.  Much worse has been said than what I’ve seen from @Teriyaki Terror but she obvs hit a nerve. What did Schram say in her talking head? They’re people too. 

 

  • Like 17

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, kalibean said:

She sure is! Just edges Maddie with 69k followers. Makes sense given her background prior to DCC. She might be a bit trickier to use for MTT promos, though. Gorgeous but hasn’t had a ton of screen time, plus she’s got the awkward brown face Halloween pics and a tough twitter history. 19 year old goofball lying dramatically about her weight her first year and making a triumphant comeback her second year (as edited) is a safer brand of controversy. Plus, VK is VK so always bonus points for that. Lol. 

Rachel is for sure the calendar girl tho, especially when she gets some life in her face. I don’t know that we’d ever be besties, but she’s pretty as can be and surface sweet.  Maybe she’s expanded her world view.

As for Marshall, I respect the hell out of him for his work fostering, and I enjoy his posts on insta.  I’m not going to blame the man for punching back a bit. This is a mostly anonymous forum where people are much nastier than they would be to someone’s face.  Much worse has been said than what I’ve seen from @Teriyaki Terror but she obvs hit a nerve. What did Schram say in her talking head? They’re people too. 

 

I never miss when I aim. 😉 

  • Like 12
  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, SmpIsimon said:

Yeah, it's funny that he doesn't seem bothered by all the comments relating to his plastic surgery and botox, but the hair is off limits! I guess since that's his source of business it makes sense.

Btw, have you all seen his other IG:

 

Ummm, should we be worried is he putting a spell on you @Teriyaki Terror seriously??? 

Edited by TB12 · Reason: name
  • Like 1
  • Laugh 13

Share this post


Link to post

24 minutes ago, kalibean said:

As for Marshall, I respect the hell out of him for his work fostering, and I enjoy his posts on insta.  I’m not going to blame the man for punching back a bit. This is a mostly anonymous forum where people are much nastier than they would be to someone’s face.  Much worse has been said than what I’ve seen from @Teriyaki Terror but she obvs hit a nerve. What did Schram say in her talking head? They’re people too. 

 

A good reminder.  Thank you!  What kind of fostering does Marshall do?  I didn't know about that.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, TB12 said:

Ummm, should we be worried is he putting a spell on you @TeriyakiTerror seriously??? 

I think we should be worried about him. Honestly if y'all hadn't told me about how obsessed he is with me I would have never known. 😉  

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
34 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

A good reminder.  Thank you!  What kind of fostering does Marshall do?  I didn't know about that.

He has fostered babies.  I think it was (2) IIRC but not at the same time.  He put everything into them and it was heartbreaking when he had to give them up.

Edited by go4luca
  • Like 10
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post
21 minutes ago, go4luca said:

He has fostered babies.  I think it was (2) IIRC.  He put everything into them and it was heartbreaking when he had to give them up.

Agreed. He really rose in my esteem when I saw how he cared for those foster babies. That's to me a pretty selfless thing to do. So I have no kick with Marshall. I have no doubt he is close with many on the team and I think it's kind of unfortunate to see him defending Kelli's unprofessionalism on social media. 

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
26 minutes ago, go4luca said:

He has fostered babies.  I think it was (2) IIRC but not at the same time.  He put everything into them and it was heartbreaking when he had to give them up.

Did he foster babies or animals? Not being funny bc I volunteer for a cat rescue. I had no clue he did any fostering, that is admirable!

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, TB12 said:

Did he foster babies or animals? Not being funny bc I volunteer for a cat rescue. I had no clue he did any fostering, that is admirable!

Human babies.  Girls.

Edited by go4luca
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

1 hour ago, Teriyaki Terror said:

Vivian wrote that poem when she could have been practicing. Marshall is still concerned with me when he could be working on himself. 

He always strikes me as a person who is pretty happy with who he is, tho always working on personal growth to be the best Marshall he can be.  Like he probably views tinkering with his medical aesthetics as presenting his best self vs. being insecure in himself. If that makes any sense.  Like how I zap off my sun spots and get microdermabrasion. It’s still me but with prettier skin without wearing foundation. And I take my dark blondish reddish hair and make it a deeper auburn. Fillers terrify the shit out of me but maybe that’s his version of a facial and color.

I was a bit surprised by the shout out of sorts but he’s human and is going to take his shots when he feels like he needs to. But he usually seems like a “whatever, opinions are like assholes and everyone has one” kind of man.  
 

 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, TB12 said:

Did he foster babies or animals? Not being funny bc I volunteer for a cat rescue. I had no clue he did any fostering, that is admirable!

He had taken his profile private for a while, not sure if it still is. If not, here’s a recent post that will definitely tug on your heart.  I have several friends that foster and for every one awesome reunification story there are a ton of heartbreakers too. 
 

 

  • Sad 18

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

Yeah, it's funny that he doesn't seem bothered by all the comments relating to his plastic surgery and botox, but the hair is off limits! I guess since that's his source of business it makes sense.

Btw, have you all seen his other IG:

 

Someone pray for him please, @DCC if any of you read this forum don't let him hurt teriyaki terror

Edited by dcctator

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, dcctator said:

Someone pray for him please, @DCC if any of you read this forum...

Why does he need someone to pray for him?  It's his choice what spiritual path he follows.  I know many on the pagan path.  Me included.  There.  I said it.  Marshall - you do YOU & blessed be! 💫

  • Like 16
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post
32 minutes ago, kalibean said:

He had taken his profile private for a while, not sure if it still is. If not, here’s a recent post that will definitely tug on your heart.  I have several friends that foster and for every one awesome reunification story there are a ton of heartbreakers too. 
 

 

OMGGGGGGG... wow, I have new respect for Marshall now!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, TB12 said:

OMGGGGGGG... wow, I have new respect for Marshall now!

After waiting an eternity to be approved to foster, he literally doted on these babies.  Protected their privacy, took them on walks, showered them with love - it was seriously amazing to watch unfold.  So his heartache was palpable when it came time to have to give them up.  I don't know how he did it.  I don't think I would have had the strength.

  • Like 15

Share this post


Link to post

1 minute ago, go4luca said:

After waiting an eternity to be approved to foster, he literally doted on these babies.  Protected their privacy, took them on walks, showered them with love - it was seriously amazing to watch unfold.  So his heartache was palpable when it came time to have to give them up.  I don't know how he did it.  I don't think I would have had the strength.

I think he said he is going to pursue a private adoption, so I hope that works out for him

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, go4luca said:

After waiting an eternity to be approved to foster, he literally doted on these babies.  Protected their privacy, took them on walks, showered them with love - it was seriously amazing to watch unfold.  So his heartache was palpable when it came time to have to give them up.  I don't know how he did it.  I don't think I would have had the strength.

So I'm guessing he wasn't approved to adopt them? Wonder why not.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

So I'm guessing he wasn't approved to adopt them? Wonder why not.

I can't say for sure but I don't think it was set up to progress to adoption during the 2x he fostered.  But as @Jennv posted above, it looks like he's ready to adopt now.  I think he said something about it was getting too painful to give them back via the fostering route.  It was awhile ago, so can't exactly recall.  Maybe someone else here knows more.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

Looks like the final team has been announced. They're referring to Kristin as a 'second year veteran'.

 

  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post

[Deleted -- I fear that sounded overly critical when I was just commenting on the photo itself]

Edited by SmpIsimon
  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
29 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

So I'm guessing he wasn't approved to adopt them? Wonder why not.

I thought it was good to see that a single, gay man was approved to foster...Texas is being pulled into this century one county at a time it feels like some days.  
 

As other posters have said, I believe that he wasn’t initially set up on the foster to adopt route (which is still pretty common,) and the baby girl under his care had been moved to a family that was on that path. And according to his post, VERY far along that path when she was returned to the birth mom she didn’t know.  I know some that are respite care only, some short term only, etc. I have a friend who took on two year old twins right before Covid hit, so her short term has gone a lot longer than expected with court room delays and such. And it was her first time fostering! It’s a process for sure. 
 

I think he’s concerned that he’ll lose a foster to adopt in a similar way, understandably, so is looking into standard adoption.  If one has got the spirit to raise kiddos, no matter how they come into your life, more power. I can’t even keep succulents alive! 
 

 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

17 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

Hopefully she'll get a better cameo this year -- she looks so heavy in that photo (in the midsection, just looks really untoned).

I'm more offended by the product placement...

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 8

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, TB12 said:

I'm more offended by the product placement...

OMG I didn’t even see that 😂 I was distracted by my irrational dislike of all things Megan Trainor. 
 

I really hope Kristen gets a new pose. She has such a great curvy figure, and that cameo doesn’t make the most of it. 

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
36 minutes ago, kalibean said:

OMG I didn’t even see that 😂 I was distracted by my irrational dislike of all things Megan Trainor. 
 

I really hope Kristen gets a new pose. She has such a great curvy figure, and that cameo doesn’t make the most of it. 

Yeah that over the head pose is sooooo played out. I never realized until just now how silly it looks. I recall that cameo shoot when Kelli was imitating them doing that pose a few years ago and yet, here we are!

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, go4luca said:

Why does he need someone to pray for him?  It's his choice what spiritual path he follows.  I know many on the pagan path.  Me included.  There.  I said it.  Marshall - you do YOU & blessed be! 💫

One of my best friends, the goddess be with her, was pagan. It's been five years since I lost her to a heart attack. Gone too young. I really miss her, as contrary as she could be sometimes. I accepted her faith, and she accepted mine.

Edited by Muckypup61 · Reason: misspelled a word
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, veronicamers said:

Agreed. He really rose in my esteem when I saw how he cared for those foster babies. That's to me a pretty selfless thing to do. So I have no kick with Marshall. I have no doubt he is close with many on the team and I think it's kind of unfortunate to see him defending Kelli's unprofessionalism on social media. 

My beef with him other than how unprofessional his hair looks his how he's up Kelli's butt. 

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, kalibean said:

I thought it was good to see that a single, gay man was approved to foster...Texas is being pulled into this century one county at a time it feels like some days.  
 

As other posters have said, I believe that he wasn’t initially set up on the foster to adopt route (which is still pretty common,) and the baby girl under his care had been moved to a family that was on that path. And according to his post, VERY far along that path when she was returned to the birth mom she didn’t know.  I know some that are respite care only, some short term only, etc. I have a friend who took on two year old twins right before Covid hit, so her short term has gone a lot longer than expected with court room delays and such. And it was her first time fostering! It’s a process for sure. 
 

I think he’s concerned that he’ll lose a foster to adopt in a similar way, understandably, so is looking into standard adoption.  If one has got the spirit to raise kiddos, no matter how they come into your life, more power. I can’t even keep succulents alive! 
 

 

He was initially trying the foster to adopt route . . . not sure if he changed his mind or chose to foster who needed it the most at the time.

ETA: see 2nd pic in post below (wouldn't let me post them together).

Screenshot_2020-09-18-13-37-28.png

Edited by hannahbanana
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

16 hours ago, Teriyaki Terror said:

This season replace:

Kelly with Jinelle
Judy with Shelly
Charlotte with Jacie
MRS with KaShara

This was interesting to speculate about...

Kelli with Jinelle:  Why would Kelli give up a job making hundreds of thousands of dollars after working there 29 years?   She won't.  

Judy with Shelly:  A distinct possibility, but like Kelli, it won't be in the foreseeable future.  And she has so many helpers, why give up an easy, cushy, well paying job?

Charlotte:  Replace her as a judge?  Obviously, never, since she will own 1/3 of a multi-billion dollar enterprise in the future and Charlotte will maintain her control in this visible area.  Her daughter may take on more responsibility.   

MRS with KaShara:  The only real possibility.  But KaShara just doesn't have the national name familiarity like MRS.  Only people like us really know her.   

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, hannahbanana said:

He was initially trying the foster to adopt route . . . not sure if he changed his mind or chose to foster who needed it the most at the time.

Screenshot_2020-09-18-13-37-28.png

Sounds like he wasn’t approved to adopt for some reason. Hmm. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, SmpIsimon said:

Sounds like he wasn’t approved to adopt for some reason. Hmm. 

I dont think that was it, i believe they make every effort to place the kids back with birth parents, or with family, if possible. I believe in both cases family members ended up reunited with the children

  • Like 15

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

Sounds like he wasn’t approved to adopt for some reason. Hmm. 

He was approved. See 2nd pic (board was giving me fits about size being too big to post together).

Screenshot_2020-09-18-13-39-12.png

Edited by hannahbanana
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

I think Erica was upset about being dismissed from the team & then sued for something that might have been handled internally if she was still on the team.  I believe IMO that TPTB see this as bringing bad publicity to DCC.  LET’s see if she gets an invite to Alumni Days once those restart.

 

On the matter of the FB groups we will say we will research their IP address as we only accept those that are not not a member of any of the FB pages & swear an allegiance to THE FORUM!

Edited by cherryblossom · Reason: Spelling error & need for clarification
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

16 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Rachel W seems to be very supportive during solos - have no idea who half of them are though.

 

Is this this year's solos? Cuz there isn't even pretend social distancing/covid precautions going on here . . .

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, hannahbanana said:

Is this this year's solos? Cuz there isn't even pretend social distancing/covid precautions going on here . . .

Nah, pretty sure that's from 2019.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
42 minutes ago, hannahbanana said:

Is this this year's solos? Cuz there isn't even pretend social distancing/covid precautions going on here . . .

Definitely last year. Amy, Alexis and Christina are in this video and all retired...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, hannahbanana said:

He was approved. See 2nd pic (board was giving me fits about size being too big to post together).

Screenshot_2020-09-18-13-39-12.png

LOL Marshall has this forum in one of the tabs? WHOO HOO ... kidding ... I'm not that excited about that. Rainer should be the one doing those girls hair over Marshall ... I actually liked some of the Style that Rainer (their former hair salon sponsor etc) has over Marshalls. Truth.

1 hour ago, cherryblossom said:

I think Erica was upset about being dismissed from the team & then sued for something that might have been handled internally if she was still on the team.  I believe IMO that TPTB see this as bringing bad publicity to DCC.  LET’s see if she gets an invite to Alumni Days once those restart.

 

On the matter of the FB groups we will say we will research their IP address as we only accept those that are not not a member of any of the FB pages & swear an allegiance to THE FORUM!

 

Eurgh Erica, LOL Melissa Rycroft said somewhere that Erica auditioned the year after she was cut, I cannot be bothered to look for that instagram post, I just spent all day catching up like 60 pages of post after being aware for a few weeks for work. So Erica must have had still wanted to be a DCC still at that time. I do not think Erica gets invited at all. But can she even participate or is she completely blackballed like the Scholz sisters? I remember Shelly saying they can all take part in alumni things but just get the "inactive status" if they do not do a certain amount of alumni activities. I'd love to know how that alumni activities work in terms of activities and invites for them etc.

 

  • Like 3
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, veronicamers said:

Nah, pretty sure that's from 2019.

 

1 hour ago, Stephieg84 said:

Definitely last year. Amy, Alexis and Christina are in this video and all retired...

I was hoping it was from last year -- didn't pay that much attention to who was in it.

Shouldn't this part have been done virtually this year anyway (before training camp) -- although I vaguely remember a post about Hannah getting ready to do her solo during training camp???

Share this post


Link to post
54 minutes ago, hannahbanana said:

 

I was hoping it was from last year -- didn't pay that much attention to who was in it.

Shouldn't this part have been done virtually this year anyway (before training camp) -- although I vaguely remember a post about Hannah getting ready to do her solo during training camp???

Training camp and finals were combined. They did solo's as a part of show group auditions this year

Share this post


Link to post

So, I know some of this was discussed earlier, but I have a couple questions...

1.) Was Brennan let go for the sole reason that she was not back at 100% after having Covid, not once, bit twice? That didn't matter for Cassie when she had that horrible audition from not being healed with her knee or whatever, but they looked the other way on that, shocker.

2.) I saw where someone said that Brennan had corrected VK about something, and that it possibly didn't go over well? Can someone please elaborate more on this situation, like what happened exactly? 

Thanks so much everyone! You all are truly the best😘💖

 

Share this post


Link to post
On 9/15/2020 at 6:44 AM, Dtowngal5280 said:

Holly P. never needed DCC – she is way too talented. 

I agree!  She should have went to LA or NY to fully focus in being a professional dancer.  She wasted 2.5 years being way too talented for DCC.  She really has the IT factor, unlike any DCC I have seen.  And no one in LA or NY would have cared she was kind of a spoiled brat/bad girl lol DCC only cared she did it in public 😂😂🤦🏽‍♀️
Also, I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again.  Dancers who spend more than a season or two as a pro sports dancer are not real dancers!

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size