Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
ByTor

2020 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp

10 minutes ago, Muckypup61 said:

I know! I feel so shallow, but all I can focus on is that MOUTH! If you cover the bottom half of her face, her eyes are very pretty, but then...

Oh I know!!  But I think we have all gotten used to a certain look for the DCC all these years.  And I agree if you cover the bottom half of her face, but then . . . yeah, I get it!!  She is one step above a "Butterface," IMO.

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

To bad they weren't born to TK, then the lie wouldn't have mattered at all!

The Minchew Sisters storyline was so fake. K&J knew they were pageant girls and knew the procedure for crowning a successor. They could have asked the same thing in panel interview, or even just asked them during auditions. It's clear that in many cases, K&J know who the girls are and know the same people. The whole thing was produced just to demonstrate that not putting DCC first is a dealbreaker. 

• Like 10

1 hour ago, lemonbus230 said:

You are correct. It just seems awfully coincidental that Maddie was there and all the sudden Marshall is online defending the honor of those four. Especially considering that there were other people who went out of town and aren’t suspended from the game.

My spidey sense went up when Marshall, just a couple of weeks after Cassie spoke up about something she had zero involvement in, chimed in. It seems like they are channeling information they want out there through him and it's just quite transparent. They know they have a PR problem, but they aren't sophisticated or competent enough to deal with it directly so they send these non-spokespeople out to try to tamp things down on social media.

• Like 22

On 9/12/2020 at 5:43 PM, Teriyaki Terror said:

They're basically doing Thunderstruck to a different song. Get some new moves Judy.

They always go on and on about world class and the best and blah blah.  But they literally do the same dances over and over.  They better know them.  They’ve been doing the same Pregame dance for 12 years or so! 😂😂

And YEEHAW!  They finally announced season 15.  Let the $hit show commence 😂😂

• Like 13
  • Laugh 5

30 minutes ago, DCCFanatic82 said:

Has any previous calendar featured cheerleaders who were no longer part of the team?

718699c8-abee-41c8-84fc-de6aa72a2fb3.thumb.jpg.b89e968ab4e142ff8ba908b21626e968.jpgfb7cf113-54d5-4525-b7c8-88a87c9a0b55.thumb.jpg.f87f6571f678dd62a684e444f3d8c195.jpg

That's embarrassing lol

45 minutes ago, AYTOfan said:

Couple new photos

That girl in the middle row closest to the camera doesn't have her arms up like the other candidates doing the choreo.

52 minutes ago, AYTOfan said:

Couple new photos

Also that back row looks like Erin, not sure who the middle girl is (maybe Caroline), and then Amanda.

1 hour ago, AYTOfan said:

Couple new photos

3rd photo, whoever is the 2nd curly haired girl is, I suspect its Cici, looks quite a bit heavier than the others and would guess is def on ww.

I don't like to weight comment but in this case it stands out so much compared to the others. 

• Useful 1

53 minutes ago, SMP637 said:

Just because the team is more "diverse", doesn't mean they aren't talented or they didn't earn their spots.  It's insulting to say that veterans were cut because TPTB wanted a "diverse" team.....like "diverse" members couldn't possibly be talented.   With the execption of Hannah, maybe they were just better.  And I LOVE Brennan.

I 100% agree with you and am happy about the more diverse rookie class. I'm disappointed TPTB are using it as a marketing ploy 🙄 It's what many people on this forum predicted.

• Like 14

46 minutes ago, TUOwl84 said:

That girl in the middle row closest to the camera doesn't have her arms up like the other candidates doing the choreo.

That’s Gina, please don’t hate me for pointing it out

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Muckypup61 said:

It's the Dallas way!

Oh sweet Jesus I’m going to need to use the Miss J clutching pearls gif twice in one day. No ma’am!  I never had jacked up hair like that! Nor does Judy! VK has good hair, but bless her heart she needs a hairbrush. 

What did Judy say about Jax and her hair? “BRUSH IT!”  And at the salon they said they’d show her a softer side of teasing 😹

• Like 7
  • Laugh 3

51 minutes ago, Jesiklyn said:

3rd photo, whoever is the 2nd curly haired girl is, I suspect its Cici, looks quite a bit heavier than the others and would guess is def on ww.

I don't like to weight comment but in this case it stands out so much compared to the others. 

Yeah it is Cianna, however she was never one of the skinniest, I think she is more built like Danielle. The way she is sitting doesn't help either

11 hours ago, BulaKitty said:

Marshall responding to the lake thing with Caroline, Daphne, Tess and Kat.

dcc marshall lake response.PNG

I truly don’t believe anything out of Marshall’s mouth. He will say whatever he thinks with help TPTB. He says it is for safety, well we know that TPTB don’t care about safety. Just ask Hannah and look at all the photos online of the girls, and cameraman  in masks during TC, but Kelli and Judy with none on. I call BS Marshall’s comment. 

• Like 13

33 minutes ago, Isolabella said:

I 100% agree with you and am happy about the more diverse rookie class. I'm disappointed TPTB are using it as a marketing ploy 🙄 It's what many people on this forum predicted.

I agree, but they didn’t seemingly decide on this “most diverse team ever” until they learned the squad wouldn’t be on the field. That’s what I find disgusting. 

• Like 12
  • Useful 2
  • Sad 1

Just found out Season 15 has been confirmed. Personally I just want them to announce who's on the team already. I just wanna see the squad and cameo photos. I wanna see how much they butcher the photos this year. I bet my money that Maddie or Rachel W will get the center spot of the squad photo (mostly leaning towards Rachel W since they put her in the front row last year) 

• Like 5

34 minutes ago, TheGenuineBeauty said:

Just found out Season 15 has been confirmed. Personally I just want them to announce who's on the team already. I just wanna see the squad and cameo photos. I wanna see how much they butcher the photos this year. I bet my money that Maddie or Rachel W will get the center spot of the squad photo (mostly leaning towards Rachel W since they put her in the front row last year) 

It should be Maddie with her gorgeous blown out hair. 

• Like 6
  • Laugh 2

1 hour ago, SmpIsimon said:

I agree, but they didn’t seemingly decide on this “most diverse team ever” until they learned the squad wouldn’t be on the field. That’s what I find disgusting. 

I understand that point of view....and I actually agree.  Though I'm hopeful that even though the reasoning behind the diverse selection of this years squad is questionable/suspect, it will be catalyst for TPTB to look outside the box of what constitutes "America's Sweethearts".  Maybe next year we'll see a full representation of WOC to include not only black women, but also Asian, Hispanic, Native American, etc.

• Like 13

It’s just so bizarre to me that they wouldn’t want a significant amount of WOC on the field. There’s 36 women! 37 for the years that Kelli gets crafty.  Even if half are white and/or white passing, that’s plenty of visual enjoyment to appease ignorant racists, and better representation of more Americans that “America’s team” should represent.

And for those of us who enjoy a “delightful bouquet” of all sorts of shades of skin and hair color because we understand that beauty isn’t one size/color/bone structure fits all, more the better. I hope they continue with the virtual auditions for the first round or two going forward if it helps improve the overall pool of candidates.  

This is a job that asks for intelligence, congeniality, beauty and dance skills for a pretty low hourly rate... layer in a candidate being able to tolerate being on a reality show and an ever changing set of rules in the playbook - at least virtual auditions mean out of area candidates don’t have to waste money.  And possibly less subject to the dance world gossip line. 

• Like 17

5 hours ago, KickPretty said:

And YEEHAW!  They finally announced season 15.  Let the $hit show commence 😂😂

Of course they did AFTER I cancelled that part of my cable package 😠.  What're my other options for watching and which do you guys think is the best? Of course I more than likely wouldn't have been home on Friday nights when the show aired anyway.  Just started a new job (very long story).

Edited by BluegrassDCCFan · Reason: hit enter before I finished my thought
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Of course they did AFTER I cancelled that part of my cable package 😠.  What're my other options for watching and which do you guys think is the best?

Amazon is how I watch it.

1 minute ago, DCCFan2021 said:

Do we know when the first episode will be aired?

No, article says sometime in the late Fall.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2

5 hours ago, TUOwl84 said:

Cowboys are selling tickets for their games.

image0 (8).jpeg

They are definitely in the minority (for fans). I checked out NFL games yesterday and most had no fans. I think the Thursday night game had limited fans (Houston vs Texans). There are rumors Jerry Jones wants the stadium half full; but not sure how much truth there is to it.

• Useful 2

12 minutes ago, Mamababy600 said:

They are definitely in the minority (for fans). I checked out NFL games yesterday and most had no fans. I think the Thursday night game had limited fans (Houston vs Texans). There are rumors Jerry Jones wants the stadium half full; but not sure how much truth there is to it.

Houston vs the chiefs 

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, Mamababy600 said:

We had reports in papers in  New Zealand quoting Jerry and his staff saying they want to fill the stadium as much as they can, sell out if possible. So its true. I posted the article like 20 pages back or so 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Jesiklyn said:

We had reports in papers in  New Zealand quoting Jerry and his staff saying they want to fill the stadium as much as they can, sell out if possible. So its true. I posted the article like 20 pages back or so 

How many fans will really want to take that risk though? I may be biased, but I don't think most people would want to go to a game in person if they know there won't be any attempt at social distancing. I know that I wouldn't go, knowing that the management would be fine with having the stadium entirely full.

• Like 3

On 9/13/2020 at 6:09 PM, go4luca said:

That is truly sad.

Sure seems like Vic's only BFF is Lisa who is sucking up and not really a true friend.  Wow.

Like mother, like daughter (VK and TK).  TK sucks up to Kelli, who needs that reassurance/ego boost.  TK and Kelli have a dysfunctional friendship as they both need each other and use each  to feel important.  I see Lisa and VK being the same...  so if VK was rude and entitled at TC (although haven’t heard specifics to truly believe that) how was Lisa?  Are there any girls making true friends on the squad, or all they just using each other?

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • Surprise 1

19 minutes ago, Jesiklyn said:

48A01BDE-3804-456F-A891-1D084E3A9148.jpeg

• Useful 2

1 hour ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Of course they did AFTER I cancelled that part of my cable package 😠.  What're my other options for watching and which do you guys think is the best? Of course I more than likely wouldn't have been home on Friday nights when the show aired anyway.  Just started a new job (very long story).

CMT.com should have every episode up the next morning... about 6-8AM Dallas time.

13 hours ago, KG150 said:

Did you guys catch, “in a first for the organization, the franchise conducted worldwide auditions virtually, resulting in one of the most diverse and talented casts to date.”?

I was just coming to post about the D word. 

12 hours ago, vivianspoetry said:

I know I'm in the minority, but I'm glad we're getting a show this year.

Me too. I may bitch and moan about it here but I can’t not watch (and usually while eating a non-DCC approved snack)!  

9 hours ago, AYTOfan said:

Couple new photos

I really hate that head thrown back shimmy move. 

3 hours ago, DCCFan2021 said:

How many fans will really want to take that risk though? I may be biased, but I don't think most people would want to go to a game in person if they know there won't be any attempt at social distancing. I know that I wouldn't go, knowing that the management would be fine with having the stadium entirely full.

‘Merica. Freedoms. Anti-maskers. 

So a lot. I have no doubt they’ll sell a ton of tix. 

• Like 18
  • Laugh 4

7 hours ago, SMP637 said:

I understand that point of view....and I actually agree.  Though I'm hopeful that even though the reasoning behind the diverse selection of this years squad is questionable/suspect, it will be catalyst for TPTB to look outside the box of what constitutes "America's Sweethearts".  Maybe next year we'll see a full representation of WOC to include not only black women, but also Asian, Hispanic, Native American, etc.

Do you think the Cowboys football team should include a full representation as well?

5 hours ago, GeekToTheCore said:

Note to Kelli: GET BRENNAN BACK. You have selected the wrong ladies to lead this organization. It's okay to admit your mistake and make corrections. Caroline, Tess, Daphne, Kat=NOT BRENNAN. Those ladies not only put their teammates at risk, but they also reportedly made public spectacles of themselves. Kelli, you let several girls go who would currently be serving as positive, consistent, and mature ambassadors. NO to Maddie and Marshall for your justifications and rationalizations. 

Brennan was a boss! Not going to find another class act like her anytime soon. I'm actually pretty surprised that Tess and Caroline are caught up in this mess. Daphne as well to a certain extent. I thought they had more sense and maturity than this. I understand they wanted to go out have fun, but god forbid they stay their little butts at home and not go out drinking. You'd think there wasn't a freaking pandemic or something going on. I haven't left my home for any social gatherings since early March   -__-

5 hours ago, vivianspoetry said:

I know I'm in the minority, but I'm glad we're getting a show this year.

Oh its not just you. I am too. Mainly because I'm dying to see how the heck Kelli is going to justify Brennan and Hannah's cuts without more backlash.  I'm hoping we will get exit interviews from all 4 cut vets. Also, there's a few rookies I'm actually curious about.

• Like 11
  • Useful 1

3 hours ago, Tdoc72 said:

Me too. I may bitch and moan about it here but I can’t not watch (and usually while eating a non-DCC approved snack)!  

Atleast you are gonna watch it and bitch and moan about it instead of not watching and still bitch and moan about it 😂

Brennan may have been a class act but she never stood out dancing and I remember reading the 2019 thread where many were afraid she would get cut at finals so it shows she wasnt all that amazing dancewise. I am not shocked she got cut, covid or not

It's a unpopular opinion but I don't really care

• Like 6
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 2

New to the forum, can someone give me a rundown of what the TBTP (I don’t remember if that’s correct) stands for? 
I easily figured out who VK was.

Also I’m seeing a lot about VK and Brennan drama, can anyone explain????

7 hours ago, DCCFan2021 said:

Sadly, I think plenty of people would feel comfortable with full stadiums. I watched college football this weekend and noticed a complete lack of masks and social distancing during the FSU game.

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

I think it's a huge no, no for ANYONE DCC past or present affiliated (Marshall, Cassie) to be responding to social media comments or messages re: MTT filming/COVID & the Daphne/Caroline etc trip. It's just bad PR ontop of the bad image DCC is already presenting itself as. But for clarification, wasn't Kat amongst this group who went on the Labor Day trip? Why isn't she being punished? I mean benched to keep safe?

• Like 9