Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
ByTor

2020 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, meg.r said:

Because, IMO, their website is not taken seriously. They never posted half of the DCC in Motion videos and they rarely seem to update it with anything. It just doesn't seem like a priority to them. (also agree with the choreo comment)

Their biggest f-up is that they're still missing the 2018 AND 2019 squad photos - only available on social media.

  • Like 4
  • Useful 1
  • Surprise 5

Share this post


Link to post

44 minutes ago, aimeelou625 said:

Probably so others don’t use their Choreo 

Ah, I never considered that a factor in non competitive environment. 

thanks

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, meg.r said:

Because, IMO, their website is not taken seriously. They never posted half of the DCC in Motion videos and they rarely seem to update it with anything. It just doesn't seem like a priority to them. (also agree with the choreo comment)

I miss their old website - blogs, behind the scenes info, halftime videos for Christmas and BCA, pictures, meet the girls, etc.  For example:

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
27 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

I miss their old website - blogs, behind the scenes info, halftime videos for Christmas and BCA, pictures, meet the girls, etc.  For example:

 

You could ask them questions and they would answer you back.

  • Like 4
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, AYTOfan said:

Do they actually still do this dance, I really liked it

 

Holly P!  Wooo! 

  • Like 18

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, ExtremeFajitas said:

Off topic: That was the messiest performance I’ve ever seen from the DCC. 😳 I thought it was just the second from the left who had no idea what she was doing, but when the camera panned down the whole line was a mess.

They're basically doing Thunderstruck to a different song. Get some new moves Judy.

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 7

Share this post


Link to post

1 hour ago, aimeelou625 said:

Probably so others don’t use their Choreo 

 

3 minutes ago, Teriyaki Terror said:

They're basically doing Thunderstruck to a different song. Get some new moves Judy.

Probably so others don't notice they are using the same choreo.

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 16

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, scorpio1031 said:

 

Probably so others don't notice they are using the same choreo.

THIS, besides honestly no other team could do their choreo

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

I miss their old website - blogs, behind the scenes info, halftime videos for Christmas and BCA, pictures, meet the girls, etc.  For example:

 

I miss the old website too! I wish they would post more articles and show the full solos. 

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post

Kind of off topic, but looking at that video of Emma made me realize something: in the past 10 years, basically every single redhead has either been fabulous, weak (at least in most people's eyes), or had a major story.

2011: Emma - fabulous dancer (who didn't get enough air time!)

2012: No new redheads

2013: Rachel - tore her ACL the year before and had to withdraw; Courtney - veteran cut the following year

2014: Breelan - weak dancer, veteran cut the next year

2015: Holly - fabulous dancer, 2017 DRAMA; Stephanie - basically the only one not in one of these categories

2016: No new redheads (unless you count Milan, who went red briefly in TC, in which case she quit the team partway through the next year)

2017: Savannah - weak dancer

2018: Jalyn - fabulous dancer, drama of not making SG her second (or third) year; Hannah - fabulous dancer, veteran cut this year

2019: No new redheads

I wonder if any of the new 2020 rookies will go red/continue the trend????

  • Like 1
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
51 minutes ago, DCCFan2021 said:

Kind of off topic, but looking at that video of Emma made me realize something: in the past 10 years, basically every single redhead has either been fabulous, weak (at least in most people's eyes), or had a major story.

2011: Emma - fabulous dancer (who didn't get enough air time!)

2012: No new redheads

2013: Rachel - tore her ACL the year before and had to withdraw; Courtney - veteran cut the following year

2014: Breelan - weak dancer, veteran cut the next year

2015: Holly - fabulous dancer, 2017 DRAMA; Stephanie - basically the only one not in one of these categories

2016: No new redheads (unless you count Milan, who went red briefly in TC, in which case she quit the team partway through the next year)

2017: Savannah - weak dancer

2018: Jalyn - fabulous dancer, drama of not making SG her second (or third) year; Hannah - fabulous dancer, veteran cut this year

2019: No new redheads

I wonder if any of the new 2020 rookies will go red/continue the trend????

Speaking of redheads, what was Erica Jenkins like? Her photos popped up lately and she looked gorgeous and it seems she had a successful performing career after dcc. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, DCCFan2021 said:

Kind of off topic, but looking at that video of Emma made me realize something: in the past 10 years, basically every single redhead has either been fabulous, weak (at least in most people's eyes), or had a major story.

2011: Emma - fabulous dancer (who didn't get enough air time!)

2012: No new redheads

2013: Rachel - tore her ACL the year before and had to withdraw; Courtney - veteran cut the following year

2014: Breelan - weak dancer, veteran cut the next year

2015: Holly - fabulous dancer, 2017 DRAMA; Stephanie - basically the only one not in one of these categories

2016: No new redheads (unless you count Milan, who went red briefly in TC, in which case she quit the team partway through the next year)

2017: Savannah - weak dancer

2018: Jalyn - fabulous dancer, drama of not making SG her second (or third) year; Hannah - fabulous dancer, veteran cut this year

2019: No new redheads

I wonder if any of the new 2020 rookies will go red/continue the trend????

Aren't there potentially a couple of redheads in this years rookie class?

Share this post


Link to post

58 minutes ago, Jesiklyn said:

Aren't there potentially a couple of redheads in this years rookie class?

None of the ones who have 'made' the team are redheads unless they're posting old photos. Alora Rose and Claire W are the closest to red now and I feel like they'd probably be the only ones who could pull it off... thoughts?

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, AYTOfan said:

Do they actually still do this dance, I really liked it

 

This and the drum line one are my favs. Thunderstruck can go suck an egg!

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post
18 minutes ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Have they ever "officially" announced the team or taken the squad photo for 2020??

No they haven't. They have taken down all of the dcc takeover highlights from lockdown on the instagram though, so maybe there getting ready to.

Edited by BulaKitty
  • Useful 5

Share this post


Link to post
18 minutes ago, BulaKitty said:

No they haven't. They have taken down all of the dcc takeover highlights from lockdown on the instagram though, so maybe there getting ready to.

Thanks.  I'm absolutely ready for 2020 to be OVER.....especially after tonight (had a flat tire on my "new" used car 😞 )

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
27 minutes ago, BulaKitty said:

No they haven't. They have taken down all of the dcc takeover highlights from lockdown on the instagram though, so maybe there getting ready to.

Won’t that also be because they featured girls they cut and was getting negative comments and people calling them out over the vet cuts? 
 

however I noticed VK reshared a video the other day of people taking a tour of the locker room as they were at her locker surely they’re getting ready to update the locker room with the game tonight?

Share this post


Link to post

4 minutes ago, Manc.UK.DCCfan said:

Won’t that also be because they featured girls they cut and was getting negative comments and people calling them out over the vet cuts? 
 

however I noticed VK reshared a video the other day of people taking a tour of the locker room as they were at her locker surely they’re getting ready to update the locker room with the game tonight?

Maybe. I just thought it might be an indicator because those highlights were definitely all there a couple of days ago. I would have thought if it was just because of negative comments they would have removed them much sooner.

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, AYTOfan said:

Do they actually still do this dance, I really liked it

 

I love Handclap. I find their quarter change dances so much better than Thunder, probably because they're not choreographed by Judy mostly (Kashara, Jenn C, Jenn A, Michelle Keyes). Sorry, but Judy's choreo is pretty limp. 

I like the level changes that other choreographers do and new moves, instead of the same old stuff. 

I'd love to see more videos of full dances so I can teach myself them!

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, DCC-UK said:

I love Handclap. I find their quarter change dances so much better than Thunder, probably because they're not choreographed by Judy mostly (Kashara, Jenn C, Jenn A, Michelle Keyes). Sorry, but Judy's choreo is pretty limp. 

I like the level changes that other choreographers do and new moves, instead of the same old stuff. 

I'd love to see more videos of full dances so I can teach myself them!

This! I have a little collection on my youtube and facebook of the rare times someone will post a full dance so I can learn it

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, Jazzmom said:

Holly P!  Wooo! 

My eyes always get drawn to Danielle, then again I am biased as she is my fave Dcc 😂

3 hours ago, DCC-UK said:

I love Handclap. I find their quarter change dances so much better than Thunder, probably because they're not choreographed by Judy mostly (Kashara, Jenn C, Jenn A, Michelle Keyes). Sorry, but Judy's choreo is pretty limp. 

I like the level changes that other choreographers do and new moves, instead of the same old stuff. 

I'd love to see more videos of full dances so I can teach myself them!

I like Thundershock as intro as it is a tradition.

I hope that Jenn K and Michelle will take over the positions of Kelli and Judy when they retire

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
16 hours ago, AYTOfan said:

Do they actually still do this dance, I really liked it

 

Holly P, Lacey, and Danielle! 🥰

I really like this dance!

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

I think the choreo is a bit basic for that one, but I absolutely love Danielle.  Those were the days . . .

Edited by SmpIsimon
  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post

If Marshall hadn't listed who this was, I wouldn't have known.  I don't even recognize Maddie.  👀

marshallhatley_2397242964721446629_252814450.jpg

  • Like 12
  • Surprise 27

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, DCC-UK said:

I'd love to see more videos of full dances so I can teach myself them!

A few years ago, they used to post most of the quarter changes and plaza performances on Twitter and Instagram, so that’s probably the nest place to find them assuming the posts are still up. However, I don’t remember them posting as many performances last year.

I like that Hand Clap routine, and that was a great group with Holly, Lacey, and Danielle. Speaking of that routine, is that routine (Hand Clap) and the one posted below the only 2 that Michelle Keys choreographed? 

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
22 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

Speaking of that routine, is that routine (Hand Clap) and the one posted below the only 2 that Michelle Keys choreographed? 

She did some others.

 

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, go4luca said:

If Marshall hadn't listed who this was, I wouldn't have known.  I don't even recognize Maddie.  👀

marshallhatley_2397242964721446629_252814450.jpg

8 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

Me too, but mainly just to see how she and VK would have interacted.  I suspect VK would have been intimidated by her like crazy and would have tried to get her kicked off the team.

I hate that grind motion. 

Did Michelle or Denise Ducherry choreographic Power/Lil Mix song? 

Also maddies hair looks really good there. I will always think she is not DCC material looks or dance wise, and I hate it when they straighten curls but she looks 10000x better. Little bit of botox and a mask will do wonders. 

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 6

Share this post


Link to post

3 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

I think the choreo is a bit basic for that one, but I absolutely love Danielle.  Those were the days . . .

Danielle will forever be my FAVE! I try not to comment too much on her posts (don't want her to think i'm stalking her) but she ALWAYS answers me and has since her rookie year. She seems like the most approachable, girl next door... :-)

  • Like 16

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, go4luca said:

If Marshall hadn't listed who this was, I wouldn't have known.  I don't even recognize Maddie.  👀

marshallhatley_2397242964721446629_252814450.jpg

Would've walked right by Maddie on the street if I saw her like this. She looks as good as she can here. I wonder if they're going to keep her hair straight this season, possibly trying to glam/mature her up??? 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, go4luca said:

Every time I've watched this, my eyes always go straight to Holly.  Girl could definitely dance. 

I really wish things had turned out differently and she had remained a few more years.

 

Despite all the drama, she's probably my favourite performance wise. There's just something so magnetic about her performance. Like Kitty always said, she knows how to sell it! 

I would've loved to have seen her at point but she would've outperformed pretty everyone. Holly P, Melissa Wallace and Megan C is my dream triangle from recent years. 

  • Like 18

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, BulaKitty said:

Speaking of redheads, what was Erica Jenkins like? Her photos popped up lately and she looked gorgeous and it seems she had a successful performing career after dcc. 

Strong - made show group as a rookie. Had some issues with weight and attitude as shown on the episodes, but all seemed to have ended happily enough.

  • Like 9
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, TB12 said:

Would've walked right by Maddie on the street if I saw her like this. She looks as good as she can here. I wonder if they're going to keep her hair straight this season, possibly trying to glam/mature her up??? 

Marshall said on Facebook that they lightened it slightly, and blew it out as a treat for the weekend 

  • Like 1
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

She did some others.

 

Aww.. thanks! I don’t think I’ve ever seen a video of them performing this dance. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

3 hours ago, go4luca said:

If Marshall hadn't listed who this was, I wouldn't have known.  I don't even recognize Maddie.  👀

marshallhatley_2397242964721446629_252814450.jpg

Propably a unpopular opinion but she looks way better with this hairstyle, it covers her sides of her face more (if that makes sense in slightest lol)

1 hour ago, TB12 said:

Would've walked right by Maddie on the street if I saw her like this. She looks as good as she can here. I wonder if they're going to keep her hair straight this season, possibly trying to glam/mature her up??? 

I think she looks more mature so it definetily works for me

3 hours ago, Jess14 said:

A few years ago, they used to post most of the quarter changes and plaza performances on Twitter and Instagram, so that’s probably the nest place to find them assuming the posts are still up. However, I don’t remember them posting as many performances last year.

I like that Hand Clap routine, and that was a great group with Holly, Lacey, and Danielle. Speaking of that routine, is that routine (Hand Clap) and the one posted below the only 2 that Michelle Keys choreographed? 

 

Always forget how great of a dancer Jenna was. Her DCC style is amazing

  • Like 18

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, TB12 said:

Danielle will forever be my FAVE! I try not to comment too much on her posts (don't want her to think i'm stalking her) but she ALWAYS answers me and has since her rookie year. She seems like the most approachable, girl next door... 🙂

She is the defitinion of Girl next door DCC for me. 

I hope to see a DCC performance at her wedding like at Jordans wedding 😂

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, go4luca said:

Every time I've watched this, my eyes always go straight to Holly.  Girl could definitely dance. 

I really wish things had turned out differently and she had remained a few more years.

 

3 hours ago, TB12 said:

Danielle will forever be my FAVE! I try not to comment too much on her posts (don't want her to think i'm stalking her) but she ALWAYS answers me and has since her rookie year. She seems like the most approachable, girl next door... 🙂

 

1 hour ago, AYTOfan said:

Always forget how great of a dancer Jenna was. Her DCC style is amazing

Agree with all of these sentiments. I find it a bit sad to watch videos from just a few years ago. The DCCs have not recovered from that 2 year span when they lost Melissa, Amy T, Megan C, Jenn K, Jenna, Danielle, Holly, Erica, Maggie, Mandy, Cersten, etc. Other than Kash, Lacey, and Gina, those departures encompassed ALL of the best performers on the team, and or fan favorites like Danielle and Jinelle. The rookie group of Alexis/Lexie came nowhere close to replacing what was lost, and while the rookie class of Bridget/ Hannah/Ashlee was great, the DCCs have been more interested in featuring VK, Maddie, Amy, and Tess than the ones who actually have star potential. 

Im hoping, but probably in vain, that this year’s rookies will bring some power and sass, and that the 3 year girls will finally get their due. It’s unfortunate that Hannah and Bridget are gone because both were special performers, IMO.

Edited by Jess14
  • Like 22

Share this post


Link to post

Today won’t be the only day Caroline, Tess, Daphne, and Kat watch the Cowboys from home. They have been benched from next weeks home game as punishment for their rule breaking. Tess and Caroline are first and second leaders this year so what does this say about Judy and Kellis decision making. Kat must be Mr Jones love child with as many times as she has broken rules and remained on the team. 

Edited by lemonbus230
  • Like 3
  • Useful 14
  • Laugh 1
  • Surprise 27
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post

37 minutes ago, lemonbus230 said:

Today won’t be the only day Caroline, Tess, Daphne, and Kat watch the Cowboys from home. Tess and Caroline are first and second leaders this year so what does this say about Judy and Kellis decision making. Kat must be Mr Jones love child with as many times as she has broken rules and remained on the team. 

Who are the other leaders and what do you mean abt sitting at home watching the games 

Edited by Holly85
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Imagine having your head so far up your own butt that your birthday wish photo for your ‘sister’ is  super blurry but it’s the only one you can upload that has you in it ... Seriously Seabiscuit Amber is stunning. You couldn’t find ONE nice photo of her to post? 

1DD721F3-32ED-473A-8A8E-6D94D16BFF1D.jpeg

  • Like 5
  • Laugh 19

Share this post


Link to post

It is nothing new to post a photo with both yourself and a friend as a congratulate post tho. I wonder if any other DCC besides Lisa would get the same reaction 😂

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, lemonbus230 said:

Today won’t be the only day Caroline, Tess, Daphne, and Kat watch the Cowboys from home. Tess and Caroline are first and second leaders this year so what does this say about Judy and Kellis decision making. Kat must be Mr Jones love child with as many times as she has broken rules and remained on the team. 

Wait when did Caroline become 2nd group leader?
 

And wow if that’s a new position it may just be the shortest leader tenure ever. Then again maybe not ... 🤷‍♂️

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
29 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

The not so subtle art of being an attention whore. Happy birthday to my friend but look at MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

That is truly sad.

Sure seems like Vic's only BFF is Lisa who is sucking up and not really a true friend.  Wow.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size