Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
ByTor

2020 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp

Recommended Posts

Has any former DCC ever been cut but re-auditioned and made the team? 

(And no, I'm not counting Tina Kalina)

  • Laugh 6

Share this post


Link to post

11 minutes ago, Stee said:

Has any former DCC ever been cut but re-auditioned and made the team? 

(And no, I'm not counting Tina Kalina)

Erica Perry

  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post

Maybe I’m just bitter today.. do the girls just pass around a template for retiring/cut posts like this? They all sound the same, I can’t tell if it’s strong koolaid or true for some. Hannah’s was refreshing to say the least (still upset about that one). 😒

  • Like 21

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, BulaKitty said:

Meredith just posted on Instagram. Doesn't sound like her cut was too controversial from what she's said.

She probably knew why she was cut and expected it.  I think she would have been more surprised to make it for a second year then if she were cut.  It's still heartbreaking for all the girls cut.  I wouldn't be surprised if Hannah left like Meagan F. did her last Training Camp and, as such (as well as the circumstances involved), I also wouldn't be surprised if Hannah's cut wasn't shown or an attempt is made to spin it in such a way that it favors the DCC as much as possible.  I don't think Meredith will re-audition as I'm pretty sure she knew she BARELY made it onto the squad as it is.  Also, said post sounds like she's looking forward, moving on and not looking to go back.  Besides, why would she go back to a team that just booted her?  I could see her going back if SHE had made the decision to leave, but not when she was cut.

Frankly, I don't think Kelli would allow any veteran to return to the team if they'd been cut.  It wouldn't suit her purposes.

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Like 16

Share this post


Link to post

I am thinking the end cuts were done like at the end of tryouts...everyone was “sitting” there but on screen and they just announced the names of the new team and if your name wasn’t called that was how the last 4 cuts went down?  Or was there a phone call before hand to the TCC who were cut and then on the announcement you had to look to see who wasn’t on the call?  

Share this post


Link to post

8 hours ago, Erinbridget said:

I agree, I think she’s so pretty. I know some people don’t think she’s the best dancer, but I think she’s good. She also seems to have really good relationship with all of the girls. But mostly, I admire her for being so beautiful on the inside as well. She’s the one I talked to about my anorexia when she did eating disorder awareness for My Cause My Boots. Idk maybe I’m bias haha

I agree with you.  I have always like Savannah.  I think she is beautiful, very well spoken and seems to be a very good friend and teammate.  

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Jazzmom said:

I am thinking the end cuts were done like at the end of tryouts...everyone was “sitting” there but on screen and they just announced the names of the new team and if your name wasn’t called that was how the last 4 cuts went down?  Or was there a phone call before hand to the TCC who were cut and then on the announcement you had to look to see who wasn’t on the call?  

Meredith was cut on a diffrent day 

  • Like 1
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

My problem with Rachel W is how unapologetically homophobic she is (she was quite disrespectful to Jinelle). 

Please spill more so I have an even bigger reason to dislike her. 

  • Like 10
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, RedDelicious said:

Very nicely written but she looks like Max Headroom. I never saw her appeal unfortunately.

I agree. She's got those striking eyes, but I just don't think her face is as pretty as so many people do. She's not a stunner to me. 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
33 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

Frankly, I don't think Kelli would allow any veteran to return to the team if they'd been cut.  It wouldn't suit her purposes.

IDK, if they bowed down in worship and humiliated themselves enough she might take them back to show how kind and generous she is. But they wouldn't last more than a season. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Meredith does seem like a total sweetheart, and I am super into the lip color she’s wearing in that pic. I’m glad she got to experience being a DCC for a year, and hope she’s able to continue her dance career in some other way if that’s what she wants. She did seem strong in her own style, and of course is absolutely beautiful. 

  • Like 20

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

My problem with Rachel W is how unapologetically homophobic she is (she was quite disrespectful to Jinelle). 

I cannot forget her wanting her celeb dinner to be with PAULA DEEN and defending that kind of racist shit. Plus I think she comes off more plastic than Lacey or Sydney. 

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post
On 8/25/2020 at 8:02 AM, SmpIsimon said:

We should add the list the way Kelli kept openly calling out Colby for having had botox (before even asking her about it), which Colby denied in a way that I thought was super believable.  Kelli is truly a mean girl.

Can you imagine Kelli and Tina during their days of TCC/DCC, and their behavior towards the others ?   I can't imagine those two and their chosen "clique" -IF there were any others that they allowed to be inclusive alongside of them.   Of course, Tina would have been barely scraping by with the other "blenders" if not being up her bestie Kelli's #**!!     Then you have to look at someone like Kelli.   Many girls don't want their bff to be their equal.....it's so often they prefer a much weaker "follower" that will worship that friend and go along with "all the dirty work" and throwing them under the bus !!   I can't imagine Tina being anything other than a total goober -just by the way she acts now, at her age! 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, SmpIsimon said:

I think a lot of vets get cut and think, "I'll just re-audition next year!"  But they then get some distance from things and slowly begin to realize how much happier they are without that constant bullshit and drama in their lives, and they ultimately decide they're better off.  In other words, I think the relatively small number of vets who re-audition after being cut tells us something about that work environment.  

I think they remember how good food tastes and decided not to have to go back to a water and diet pill diet! 

 

  • Like 21
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 2
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, jlc said:

I think they remember how good food tastes and decided not to have to go back to a water and diet pill diet! 

 

That's definitely part of it.  

  • Like 7
  • Sad 3

Share this post


Link to post
54 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

I think a lot of vets get cut and think, "I'll just re-audition next year!"  But they then get some distance from things and slowly begin to realize how much happier they are without that constant bullshit and drama in their lives, and they ultimately decide they're better off.  In other words, I think the relatively small number of vets who re-audition after being cut tells us something about that work environment.  

I completely agree with a lot of it.  As for the small number of vet who re-audition (at least in the years that the show has been on) shows that the current work environment is NOT one that most want to continue to experience.  I wonder why they would do it as I have a VERY hard time seeing why they would want to knowingly jump back into the toxic soup when there are so many other opportunities that they could enjoy WITHOUT Kelli and the DCC.

38 minutes ago, Mabinogia said:

IDK, if they bowed down in worship and humiliated themselves enough she might take them back to show how kind and generous she is. But they wouldn't last more than a season. 

If they had to humiliate themselves that much to get back on the squad, I doubt they would do it, especially if they knew they might last only a season, if that.  There is NOTHING about being a DCC that would induce me to audition in the first place, much less debase myself just for someone's sick pleasure and to stroke their ego.  Come to think of it, we've seen only 2 cut vets that were cut after season 2 or 3 that have returned to audition.  From what we've heard, it seems that vets coming back to re-audition (and actually making it) were much more common before the television show.  

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post

Our not so favorite Vivian said in one of her podcasts "Kelli shatters lives for ratings".  Kelli took Sheridan for a comeback story this year because it would be good for ratings since her mom had cancer.  She cut Meredith for ratings even though she danced better than others on the team that are allowed to sleep with the players, is loved by her teammates, never does things to embarrass the organization and is very kind.  This year was a struggle for CMT to get the drama they needed for rating so Kelli needed to "shatter" more lives.  Cut Hannah, Brennan and Lily.  Poof --  gone.  Kelli has not taken enough WOC in the past and she knew she better this year so she favored all the WOC for ratings.  She should have been putting them on the team long before this!!!!  

  • Like 16
  • Useful 2
  • Sad 6

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, KoKo said:

Can you imagine Kelli and Tina during their days of TCC/DCC, and their behavior towards the others ?   I can't imagine those two and their chosen "clique" -IF there were any others that they allowed to be inclusive alongside of them.   Of course, Tina would have been barely scraping by with the other "blenders" if not being up her bestie Kelli's #**!!     Then you have to look at someone like Kelli.   Many girls don't want their bff to be their equal.....it's so often they prefer a much weaker "follower" that will worship that friend and go along with "all the dirty work" and throwing them under the bus !!   I can't imagine Tina being anything other than a total goober -just by the way she acts now, at her age! 

Ohhhhhhh I hadn't even thought of that, OMG can you imagine the two of them together especially the way they behave now. OMG Kelli probably thought, as my nana would say, that she was the bees knees, hell she still does. They were probably so awful. I LOATHE Tina for that comment about Chandler looking like a grandma. Ummm TK, have you seen your daughters teeth? People like Kelli & TK are the most insecure unhappy people in the world who make themselves feel good by putting others down. I'm a proud girls girl and will always lift my sisters up, i'm the girl Kelli claims she is...

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, KoKo said:

Can you imagine Kelli and Tina during their days of TCC/DCC, and their behavior towards the others ?   I can't imagine those two and their chosen "clique" -IF there were any others that they allowed to be inclusive alongside of them.   Of course, Tina would have been barely scraping by with the other "blenders" if not being up her bestie Kelli's #**!!     Then you have to look at someone like Kelli.   Many girls don't want their bff to be their equal.....it's so often they prefer a much weaker "follower" that will worship that friend and go along with "all the dirty work" and throwing them under the bus !!   I can't imagine Tina being anything other than a total goober -just by the way she acts now, at her age! 

image.png.00ee1f3de1f0252bb19a517846189b2d.png

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
On 8/25/2020 at 12:12 PM, 5678Pixie said:

This is TCC Tori, Tara and Kash.  You can clearly see that Tori should have made the team.  Can't help from wonder if she would have been from a different state she would have made the team.  Kelli likes to be able to say the girls come from all states.  One more thing about Kelli that she is really unfair about.  How does she justify cutting Tori, Brennan and Hannah for the team she picked this year, it  is very disturbing.  

 

I have a girl crush on tori. The girl can do no wrong. I feel like she is vet status. Not sure why she was cut 

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post
53 minutes ago, TB12 said:

Ohhhhhhh I hadn't even thought of that, OMG can you imagine the two of them together especially the way they behave now. OMG Kelli probably thought, as my nana would say, that she was the bees knees, hell she still does. They were probably so awful. I LOATHE Tina for that comment about Chandler looking like a grandma. Ummm TK, have you seen your daughters teeth? People like Kelli & TK are the most insecure unhappy people in the world who make themselves feel good by putting others down. I'm a proud girls girl and will always lift my sisters up, i'm the girl Kelli claims she is...

Yes, that incident with Chandler made my stomach turn !!  How in the ^&**  can TK barge in, make such a crappy comment without any thought or consideration.  Classless.   In fact, she's an embarrassment to me everytime she's on the show in any way representing DCC - or Texas - for that matter.   

When she was with the other Alumni for the workshop a couple of seasons ago, again, she babbles with not a bit of integrity.   While the others were giving feedback and constructive criticism, she really had no words of wisdom, but she was SURE AS HELL gonna have something to say.  I usually mute her. 

  • Like 13
  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post

2 hours ago, 5678Pixie said:

She cut Meredith for ratings even though she danced better than others on the team that are allowed to sleep with the players

Thank you! 💙

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, KoKo said:

Yes, that incident with Chandler made my stomach turn !!  How in the ^&**  can TK barge in, make such a crappy comment without any thought or consideration.  Classless.   In fact, she's an embarrassment to me everytime she's on the show in any way representing DCC - or Texas - for that matter.   

When she was with the other Alumni for the workshop a couple of seasons ago, again, she babbles with not a bit of integrity.   While the others were giving feedback and constructive criticism, she really had no words of wisdom, but she was SURE AS HELL gonna have something to say.  I usually mute her. 

Wow you nailed TK, just spot on!!! As i was reading your comment I thought, bingo, that's why Kelli likes her, bc TK clearly worships Kelli & is her puppet mouthpiece... shame on these "ladies" 

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Jazzmom said:

I am thinking the end cuts were done like at the end of tryouts...everyone was “sitting” there but on screen and they just announced the names of the new team and if your name wasn’t called that was how the last 4 cuts went down?  Or was there a phone call before hand to the TCC who were cut and then on the announcement you had to look to see who wasn’t on the call?  

I got the impression from Brennan's post that a specific convo happened.

  • Like 3
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

I'm a few pages behind on catching up, but here are some random thoughts:

Brennan: As much as I love Brennan and think her cut was inappropriate, the "COVID survivor" angle doesn't do much for me. Yes, COVID can be horrific, but many people survive. I had COVID in March, and nobody gave a crap. Most of my workplace came down with it. While their reasons for cutting Brennan are likely unfair, they are not obligated to keep someone because she survived COVID.

Favorites: Along with Brennan, Briana, Kristin and Savannah have always been three of my favorites as people.  I'm glad Briana is finally getting the attention she deserves! She's gorgeous, and I love her maturity. I know people don't think much of Kristin and Savannah as dancers, but I do believe Kristin has really fallen under the radar and is an asset to the team. For those who aren't fans of Savannah's dancing, where can I find videos that include the whole team where I can compare her dancing?

I liked Lily as a person, but for those saying Sidney has a manly jawline, where was everyone with Lily? Her underbite is horrific.

Victoria reminds me of Tiffany Trump. 

Unfortunately, if it's attention and publicity that Kelli and Judy hoped for by their recent cuts, they're getting it. We're all here talking about it. I know forums don't translate to TV ratings, but they did, in a way, achieve what they were hoping for. 

Edited by abracadabra
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, abracadabra said:

Unfortunately, if it's attention and publicity that Kelli and Judy hoped for by their recent cuts, they're getting it. We're all here talking about it. I know forums don't translate to TV ratings, but they did, in a way, achieve what they were hoping for. 

Me personally, I doubt this is the type of attention and publicity they would want.  It's not manifesting in the show's or K&C's favor. 

They are definitely not being perceived in a positive light.  If anything, it makes them look highly insensitive, ignorant & heartless.

But that's just me.

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
33 minutes ago, abracadabra said:

Unfortunately, if it's attention and publicity that Kelli and Judy hoped for by their recent cuts, they're getting it. We're all here talking about it. I know forums don't translate to TV ratings, but they did, in a way, achieve what they were hoping for. 

This is exactly right. Both Kelli and CMT saw this shaping up to be a boring season, and that is why they decided to cut some vets. They know full well that vet cuts are typically the most memorable parts of a season and thus they manufactured these. It’s really disgusting but it fully shows the lengths these people will go to produce a reality show  They don’t even consider the human cost of these decisions. 

Btw, has anyone else noticed that VK didn’t comment on Meredith’s post? Hmmm. 

  • Like 15
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post

13 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

 

Btw, has anyone else noticed that VK didn’t comment on Meredith’s post? Hmmm. 

Tina will see you posted that and right away go comment on Meredith's for Victoria.  I am sure she controls Victoria's social media. 

Edited by 5678Pixie
  • Like 4
  • Useful 2
  • Laugh 12

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

Both Kelli and CMT saw this shaping up to be a boring season,

And you know what. I would've been fine with that. We're in a pandemic after all lol.

  • Like 23

Share this post


Link to post
On 8/25/2020 at 8:53 AM, hathorlive said:

My friend is a trainer and has horses in most of the big races (Santa Anita, Breeders cup).  Maybe it's an age thing as I tend to see horses who are actively racing.  I've ridden all my life and she's allowed me on two in the entire 25 years we've been friends.  Good to know they mellow out after a while.

Oh, they don't mellow. I got my gelding just off the track and retrained him (dressage). He was always full of himself. Not bad-tempered, just bouncing off the walls enjoying life. I just lost him this year at age 39(!!). He was still mounting mares in his pasture last year. He always thought he was still a sta!lion. (Probably why he lasted so long).😁

  • Like 7
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, SmpIsimon said:

This is exactly right. Both Kelli and CMT saw this shaping up to be a boring season, and that is why they decided to cut some vets.

Oh man...I was actually really excited for this season! This was such a short sighted view. They changed up the audition process completely, and there was likely a ton of interesting footage. Plenty of opportunities for first day shit shows, Marshall’s surprised and wide eyes, fashion disasters, etc. Just needed some creative cutting and editing. 
 

They’ve done a decent job with the veteran vlogs, and that’s good content. There’s a lot of behind the scenes stuff to share in the show, and once they brought in the finalists, still plenty of in studio train wrecks. Strugglers with kick lines. Makeovers. Uniform fittings. Show group auditions. Being around the other girls 24/7 always has some drama. I mean...COME ON. 
 

Some veteran cuts needed to be made because there were some weaker rookies from last year that were probably locker room favorites but got out danced. We’ve seen that story before but still found a reason to get excited about the newbies. 
 

As much as I adore Brennan as a teammate and adult in the room, I could have bought that she was out danced by someone nearly a decade younger, ESPECIALLY after recovering from an illness and balancing a full time job. They didn’t need to create drama there. Sheesh. 
 

And don’t get me started on Hannah and how they did her dirty. But cutting vets from show group? Had a story line there too, and didn’t even have to create it from BS like last year. 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

Sorry if this has been asked & answered numerous times, but have they announced an ETA for season 15 of the show premiering? Unsure I will watch at this point given recent events... but nonetheless I am curious.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, evasworld123 said:

Sorry if this has been asked & answered numerous times, but have they announced an ETA for season 15 of the show premiering? Unsure I will watch at this point given recent events... but nonetheless I am curious.

Everything I've seen has said "yet to be renewed or cancelled" 

  • Like 2
  • Useful 2
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post

23 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Everything I've seen has said "yet to be renewed or cancelled" 

Would serve Kelli and Charlotte right if the show got cancelled, then everything they did would have been for naught.  I also hope that cheerleaders are COMPLETELY banned from the field (including the touchdown decks) from ALL NFL games this season.  That way, the team Kelli wanted on the field to perform CAN'T perform without getting the Jones' in trouble with the NFL.

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

Would serve Kelli and Charlotte right if the show got cancelled, then everything they did would have been for naught.  I also hope that cheerleaders are COMPLETELY banned from the field (including the touchdown decks) from ALL NFL games this season.  That way, the team Kelli wanted on the field to perform CAN'T perform without getting the Jones' in trouble with the NFL.

It was the players who didn’t want them on the field it was part of the agreement with players and the nfl and it doesn’t just effect dcc it effects all squads 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
14 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

It was the players who didn’t want them on the field it was part of the agreement with players and the nfl and it doesn’t just effect dcc it effects all squads 

Huh??? Call me behind, but this is the first I've heard of this.  Now I'm glad I went ahead and cancelled the CMT portion of my cable bill

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
On 8/25/2020 at 10:12 AM, 5678Pixie said:

This is TCC Tori, Tara and Kash.  You can clearly see that Tori should have made the team.  Can't help from wonder if she would have been from a different state she would have made the team.  Kelli likes to be able to say the girls come from all states.  One more thing about Kelli that she is really unfair about.  How does she justify cutting Tori, Brennan and Hannah for the team she picked this year, it  is very disturbing.  

 

Man, I went on a journey with this. Between being on my phone & the hat, I couldn’t tell who was who. I saw the blonde hair & figured the one in front who’s not Kash was Tara. So then I watched the back girl,& was like meh, not that great. & THEN thought wait a minute, us Tara THAT good??? She looks better than Kashara. Then I zoomed & & figures out Tara is the meh girl in the back. Tori is really skilled, I usually have a hard time not watching Kashara, & Tori had pretty much my full attention. She’s really good, I can’t believe they cut her. Of course in a season when they cut Hannah. I guess anything is possible. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

I'm bored so I put the girls into groups 😂 Let me know your thoughts! (Bold is show group)

                                               Maddie (GL)

                             Rachel A (2nd)       Rachel W

                  Kelcey                                                     Alanna

       Kat                                                                               Kristin

                                                   Tess (GL)

                             Savannah (2nd)       Ashlee

                   Amanda                                                  Victoria

      Taylor J

                                               Lexie (GL)

                                Caroline (2nd)        Daphne   

                   Madeline M                                         Cianna

       Briana

                                               Gina (GL)

                             Amber (2nd)           Erin 

                    Chandi                                                    Jalyn

        Lisa                                               

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

2 minutes ago, dccfan204 said:

I'm bored so I put the girls into groups 😂 Let me know your thoughts! (Bold is show group)

                                               Maddie (GL)

                             Rachel A (2nd)       Rachel W

                  Kelcey                                                     Alanna

       Kat                                                                               Kristin

                                                   Tess (GL)

                             Savannah (2nd)       Ashlee

                   Amanda                                                  Victoria

      Taylor J

                                               Lexie (GL)

                                Caroline (2nd)        Daphne   

                   Madeline M                                         Cianna

       Briana

                                               Gina (GL)

                             Amber (2nd)           Erin 

                    Chandi                                                    Jalyn

        Lisa                                               

I would switch Savannah with Ashlee - unless Savannah's memory has improved.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
On 8/26/2020 at 12:02 PM, SmpIsimon said:

Her training camp group this year. 

So does anyone know who was in each group then?

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

Btw, has anyone else noticed that VK didn’t comment on Meredith’s post? Hmmm. 

Brennen was her boot buddy.  Did she say anything about her or comment?  I don’t follow her.  And if she did was it anything of substance?

Share this post


Link to post
19 minutes ago, KickPretty said:

Brennen was her boot buddy.  Did she say anything about her or comment?  I don’t follow her.  And if she did was it anything of substance?

Brennan hasn't commented as yet but less DCC's have commented on that post in general. I may be missunderstanding your post but just to clarify Brennan was VK's boot buddy last year and Daphne and Christina were Merediths boot buddies. Daphne has commented basically saying she's proud of what she achieved so far and can't wait to see what the future holds.

Share this post


Link to post
On 8/26/2020 at 5:34 PM, kalibean said:

Oh man...I was actually really excited for this season! This was such a short sighted view. They changed up the audition process completely, and there was likely a ton of interesting footage. Plenty of opportunities for first day shit shows, Marshall’s surprised and wide eyes, fashion disasters, etc. Just needed some creative cutting and editing. 
 

They’ve done a decent job with the veteran vlogs, and that’s good content. There’s a lot of behind the scenes stuff to share in the show, and once they brought in the finalists, still plenty of in studio train wrecks. Strugglers with kick lines. Makeovers. Uniform fittings. Show group auditions. Being around the other girls 24/7 always has some drama. I mean...COME ON. 
 

Some veteran cuts needed to be made because there were some weaker rookies from last year that were probably locker room favorites but got out danced. We’ve seen that story before but still found a reason to get excited about the newbies. 
 

As much as I adore Brennan as a teammate and adult in the room, I could have bought that she was out danced by someone nearly a decade younger, ESPECIALLY after recovering from an illness and balancing a full time job. They didn’t need to create drama there. Sheesh. 
 

And don’t get me started on Hannah and how they did her dirty. But cutting vets from show group? Had a story line there too, and didn’t even have to create it from BS like last year. 

Yep. This comment has so much I agree with I wish could like it at least 10 times, especially on the topic of being short-sighted.

You see, apart from being short-sighted for the show, I also have to say it's being short-sighted with the team in general. You know, that thing K&J (and Charlotte) are supposed to be focused on. You see, I doubt the likes of Tess, Lexie, Rachel A. and Savannah stick around for much longer and with Gina's recent injury means she may retire sooner than I'd like. As well-liked as Madeline is by many fans, she can't be expected to do this forever no matter how young she is lol.

So as far as the "upper vets" go we pretty much have the S13 girls. Well. After Hannah's and Brennan's cuts I wouldn't even be sad if many, if not most, decide to nope out after this "season" is completed. Heck, you could say I'd even be happy/proud if they did so ;).

So if that happens, then we pretty much have the two-years. But wait. Taylor P. retired and they cut Meredith and Lily. So that just leaves SEVEN rookies from that class. Any leaders available? I'm disqualifying Victoria even though I know full well she's headed for some type of leadership position whether I, or the fandom, likes it or not. Kat? Not after the leaks, nope. And maybe we'll learn to warm to Lisa, but then again probably not. Kristin Dodd? Kelcey? Chandi? Amanda? I'm a bit more hopeful with these four, but that's assuming they decide to stick around.

And who knows? Maybe this new rookie class will have some who are ready to jump into leadership or who are looking to stay on the squad for 3-4 years. *shrugs* I don't have a crystal ball.

Not trying to be a Debbie Downer, just starting to worry about the future a bit.

All of this to say, I feel that the team and TPTB are slated for a very big transition period, and I worry neither group is prepared for it.

Edited by Lona · Reason: Grammatical errors fixed ;)
  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Lona said:

Yep. This comment has so much I agree with I wish could like it at least 10 times, especially on the topic of being short-sighted.

You see, apart from being short-sighted for the show, I also have to say it's being short-sighted with the team in general. You know, that thing K&J (and Charlotte) are supposed to be focused on. You see, I doubt the likes of Tess, Lexie, Rachel A. and Savannah stick around for much longer and with Gina's recent injury means she may retire sooner than I'd like. As well-liked as Madeline is by many fans, she can't be expected to do this forever no matter how young she is lol.

So as far as the "upper vets" go we pretty much have the S13 girls. Well. After Hannah's and Brennan's cuts I wouldn't even be sad if many, if not most, decide to nope out after this "season" is completed. Heck, you could say I'd even be happy/proud if they did so ;).

So if that happens, then we pretty much have the two-years. But wait. Taylor P. retired and they cut Meredith and Lily. So that just leaves SEVEN rookies from that class. Any leaders available? I'm disqualifying Victoria even though I know full well she's headed for some type of leadership position whether I, or the fandom, likes it or not. Kat? Not after the leaks, nope. And maybe we'll learn to warm to Lisa, but then again probably not. Kristin Dodd? Kelcey? Chandi? Amanda? I'm a bit more hopeful with these four, but that's assuming they decide to stick around.

And who knows? Maybe this new rookie class will have some who are ready to jump into leadership or who are looking to stay on the squad for 3-4 years. *shrugs* I don't have a crystal ball.

Not trying to be a Debbie Downer, just starting to worry about the future a bit.

All of this to say, I feel that the team and TPTB is slated for a very big transition period, and I worry neither group is prepared for it.

I think Tess will retire since it’s her 5th year and she’s been performing for a while now. Maddie, I unfortunately think she’ll do a 6th season. Lexie I’m on the fence, but she was on Mavs too so she may want to retire. Rachel I think will stay for a 5th season and Savvy will too if she got 2GL this season, otherwise she’ll retire. Not that I think she should be a GL but anyway.

from the 3rd years, I sure hope they’ll stay because they are all amazing, but at the same time I hope they retire as an F you to Kelli. Even if many retire, she will have many options for GL & 2GL.

From the current 2nd years, I don’t see many staying for a while. I think Amanda would do tops 3 years and move on to something better. Chandi is the only one I can see in a leadership position, apart from VK who will be a leader no matter what. 

  • Like 7
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size