Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
ByTor

2020 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, mizzhyer said:

Hannah...sorry...from a SG star for two years to CUT

So who is the other SG member who didn't make it back, but is still on the team?

Share this post


Link to post

Now I'm wondering if Brennan inadvertently did something to upset her Boot Buddy VK. K & J put Brennan in the impossible position of being VK's Boot Buddy in the first place. I feel so sad about this cut. 

  • Like 16
  • Sad 4

Share this post


Link to post

I’m going to let the show play out before passing judgment. I remember when blonde Hannah got cut a few years ago everyone was shocked because she had also been SG but then watching the show it made sense. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, GeekToTheCore said:

Now I'm wondering if Brennan inadvertently did something to upset her Boot Buddy VK. K & J put Brennan in the impossible position of being VK's Boot Buddy in the first place. I feel so sad about this cut. 

Oh OF COURSE she did something to upset Victoria Jong Un! Victoria is every snotty, ruthless, two-faced shell of a girl we've seen in every movie about the topic. You acquiesce or you are eliminated. Periodt.

  • Like 8
  • Laugh 4
  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 5

Share this post


Link to post

REMINDER: Don't talk about other posters, talk about show participants.  That includes asking for "receipts" or pointing out posting length/history/patterns.  You can disagree, or doubt the info, but don't disparage other posters, even gently.  Several posts have been removed.

  • Like 3
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, SamShmam said:

Well, if you're vouching Scorpio, I'll accept it. 

In that case, Kelli is a malignant shrew, Judy is a feral automaton and Charlotte is a fucking reptile. 

I'll vouch for @Bennie and @Smplsimon.  They are as straightforward as they can be.  I agree with all of your descriptions of Kelli, Judy and Charlotte!!

  • Like 22
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, TexasLonghorn94 said:

Assuming this is true and these vets have been cut, has anyone done the numbers? How many rookies would that leave?

with a team of 36 and 4 vet cuts it would leave 11 rookies

  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, parrotfeathers said:

ByTor is going to be the maddest ever!

She will have the pitchforks and fire ready to go....

  • Like 7
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post

Just now, mizzhyer said:

I'll vouch for @Bennie and @Smplsimon.  They are as straightforward as they can be.  I agree with all of your descriptions of Kelli, Judy and Charlotte!!

I am sickened by K&J. Their already loosely dangling credibility is incinerated ash. They need to be put out to pasture. 

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post

Not my queen of the North 😞 how do you cut this level of talent for...consistently falling out of turns and can’t stay in your space?!

 

 

 

  • Like 17
  • Sad 17

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Kitkatkitty said:

with a team of 36 and 4 vet cuts it would leave 11 rookies

So that would leave 6 more rookie cuts that haven’t been reported

  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post

Lily I'm sad about but not too shocked, she probably just got out-danced. Brennan is super sad because she was such a great ambassador but I can kind of get my head around it especially if she is still recovering from illness. Hannah is Kat's boot buddy... so there was probably some drama there that contributed. 

  • Like 7
  • Useful 5
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post

To quote Sue Sylvester I AM ENRAAAAGED. Don’t get me started on my Brennan that’s some sociopath level shit to kick off training camp then cut her. 

  • Like 24
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post

I’m stunned by the Hannah cut. She was a star. I’m not surprised about Lily or Meredith being cut. Brennan - I understand the cut in terms of dance, but it seemed like she really made her mark on the team in other ways, so I am surprised. At least, she got 2 years. 

4 veteran cuts is kind of a bloodbath. That’s the most since season 8, right (counting Chelsea)? 

ETA: I guess season 12 had 4 cuts, if you count Erica with Raylee, Heather, and Allie.

Edited by Jess14
  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post

30 minutes ago, KnyghtRyder said:

Thank you for the info @Bennie

But, WHAT?! I liked both Meredith and Lily, and though their cuts are sad, I can understand it particularly if some of the TCCs are strong dancers. 

I know that Brennan wasn’t the strongest dancer in the room but she was good (I mean I never saw her step out of one of them double turn thingies and slip on a pom Pom but 🤷🏻‍♀️). And most importantly brought a *much* needed maturity and refinement to the team. 

I loved Kat her rookie TCC, but quite honestly she sounds like a fucking idiot now in her social media videos. Stop trying so hard, Kat. You are obviously safe at this point.   

But Hannah? Really? Unless there’s something else going on there behind the scenes, that cut is just unconscionable.  

My guess is that Brennan hasnt recovered enough from her illness. Hannah could have decided to drop out in favour of her study

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Amandared said:

Not my queen of the North 😞 how do you cut this level of talent for...consistently falling out of turns and can’t stay in your space?!

 

 

 

Kelli and Judy have offically gone crazy!! Hannah is amazing and Brennan had improved so much. It's such a loss to the organisation. *mind blown*

  • Like 20

Share this post


Link to post
32 minutes ago, KnyghtRyder said:

Thank you for the info @Bennie

But, WHAT?! I liked both Meredith and Lily, and though their cuts are sad, I can understand it particularly if some of the TCCs are strong dancers. 

I know that Brennan wasn’t the strongest dancer in the room but she was good (I mean I never saw her step out of one of them double turn thingies and slip on a pom Pom but 🤷🏻‍♀️). And most importantly brought a *much* needed maturity and refinement to the team. 

I loved Kat her rookie TCC, but quite honestly she sounds like a fucking idiot now in her social media videos. Stop trying so hard, Kat. You are obviously safe at this point.   

But Hannah? Really? Unless there’s something else going on there behind the scenes, that cut is just unconscionable.  

But they keep Kat, VK and Lisa??😎😎there is something amiss for sure and guarantee 2 of these 3 had something to do with it !

  • Like 17

Share this post


Link to post
14 minutes ago, SamShmam said:

Oh OF COURSE she did something to upset Victoria Jong Un! Victoria is every snotty, ruthless, two-faced shell of a girl we've seen in every movie about the topic. You acquiesce or you are eliminated. Periodt.

Bingo.

  • Like 19
  • Useful 1
  • Surprise 2
  • Sad 9

Share this post


Link to post

I’m so, so bummed if Hannah is true. In hindsight, I’m right there with the poster who says it’ll usually make sense once the show airs, but she’s been SG since her rookie year and is such a lovely human. 
 

Maybe weight gain?  I know not everyone is a fan of her backside in the shorts, tho I think she’s fit and awesome. Or an injury that she can’t get past? Too political in her Instagram stories? Sigh. 
 

Some of these rookies look amazing, but I can think of other weaker or boring dancers to drop ahead of Hannah.  I’m sad about Brennan too, but assuming she just got out danced due to her illness. I was a little surprised she came back for her third year just due to the stress on her body and balancing work, but shows how much she loved the team. And I always thought she was a lovely dancer once she got out of her own way. 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

If Hannah was "cut cut", I'm wondering how many third years will leave next year.

image.png.51f259d746d342b8a48ee089482cb581.thumb.png.d7dab02081d1b3f31c2446523ee45b99.png

There's something "extra" behind the Hannah cut. I hope it was voluntary.

Edited by DCCFanatic82
  • Like 9
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post

4 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

4 veteran cuts is kind of a bloodbath. That’s the most since season 8, right (counting Chelsea)? 

 

With an abbreviated season due to COVID, they had to do something to manufacture some drama.  These girls are just puppets to TPTB.

  • Like 10
  • Sad 24

Share this post


Link to post

I am not gonna jump into conclusions too soon. And I will defo not blame someone else for someones cut. That is just wrong imo

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

If these vet cuts are the real deal the rookies that made the team better be able to walk on water. Like DCC Jordan Chanley said..there's more to making a dance team than just great dancers.

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
32 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Bennie has always had the goods:(

The only reason I why believe the cuts. Thanks @Bennie for your info and thanks for keeping the facts

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

I’m so sad to hear about Hannah! She was one of my faves. I’m wondering if it wasn’t anything dance related that got her cut. Perhaps she was late to events last year.  Either way my heart breaks for her.  I know she has had mental health issue in the passed and I hope her being cut doesn’t effect it. 💛 

 

I’m not shocked about Meredith or Lily’s cut. Those were honestly to be expected given this years strong Rookie candidates. 
 

Brennan, although not totally surprised.  It was great to see someone a little older and mature on the squad. 

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post

28 minutes ago, Spunkyyy said:

I’m going to let the show play out before passing judgment. I remember when blonde Hannah got cut a few years ago everyone was shocked because she had also been SG but then watching the show it made sense. 

Exactly, Victoria already gets the blame for Brennana cut and that is just unfair. I think we jumping way too soon into conclusions

  • Like 5
  • Laugh 10

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Opine said:

I wonder if Brennan didn't come to camp and realize that maybe Covid had a long term effect on her lung capacity and stamina?  She's so very mature that she may have decided to focus on her recovery instead of DCC.  Some have talked about her lackluster dance.  I disagree.  Once she became a DCC instead of a TCC, her dancing was awesome. 

We don't know for sure if she had covid.  She was given the same meds they also give to those with bronchitis or strep.  She seemed to be back on her feet pretty quickly and was around others.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, TUOwl84 said:

I’m so sad to hear about Hannah! She was one of my faves. I’m wondering if it wasn’t anything dance related that got her cut. Perhaps she was late to events last year.  Either way my heart breaks for her.  I know she has had mental health issue in the passed and I hope her being cut doesn’t effect it. 💛 

 

I’m not shocked about Meredith or Lily’s cut. Those were honestly to be expected given this years strong Rookie candidates. 
 

Brennan, although not totally surprised.  It was great to see someone a little older and mature on the squad. 

My guess is that Hannah wants to focus on her study. Maybe she will reaudition in a year. Only god knows

With Lily, Hannah and Brennan being cut this is the current list

 

cttc4.PNG

  • Like 1
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
18 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

Bingo.

I believe you 100%. 

 

2 minutes ago, lemonbus230 said:

The speed at which Kelli and Judy just lost this team is actually astonishing. Vets are NOT happy. You don’t cut three of the most loved, most dedicated, and well rounded teammates for people you’ve known for 2 weeks and expect people to be ok with it. Especially those rookies who have noted character concerns (Marissa). And you don’t allow someone who has been sleeping with players to be swept under the rug. What a train wreck this organization has become.

What's the likelihood of a walkout? Also, THANK YOU AGAIN for sharing. 

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post

While i understand the cuts of Brennan, Meredith and Lily...The Hannah cut is truly mind boggling. 

I have never been Hannahs biggest fan simply bc i find her look unattractive,but i cannot take away the woman is an amazing dancer and one of the best on this team. She is one of few who brought sexy and sass to the dance. Cutting Hannah but keeping VK? im sorry but this is just wrong. 

Edited by Lindsay Loo Hoo
  • Like 24
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, lemonbus230 said:

The speed at which Kelli and Judy just lost this team is actually astonishing. Vets are NOT happy. You don’t cut three of the most loved, most dedicated, and well rounded teammates for people you’ve known for 2 weeks and expect people to be ok with it. Especially those rookies who have noted character concerns (Marissa). And you don’t allow someone who has been sleeping with players to be swept under the rug. What a train wreck this organization has become.

Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Kelli can do whatever she wants, without any checks unfortunately. Charlotte does not care.

 

  • Like 20
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
39 minutes ago, SamShmam said:

Oh OF COURSE she did something to upset Victoria Jong Un! Victoria is every snotty, ruthless, two-faced shell of a girl we've seen in every movie about the topic. You acquiesce or you are eliminated. Periodt.

I would say it's likely all 4 of them did something to upset V because all of them were in group 4 with her last year...

  • Like 5
  • Useful 6
  • Surprise 23
  • Sad 6

Share this post


Link to post

What are the character concerns about rookie Marissa? I'm new here just wondering.

  • Like 1
  • Useful 3

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, klopie said:

I would say it's likely all 4 of them did something to upset V because all of them were in group 4 with her last year...

Lily was an obvious dance cut, Brennan was VK's boot buddy, and Hannah was Kat's. I can see this backwards organization deciding that the boot buddies were responsible for whatever drama VK and Kat caused and cutting them instead of punishing the actual problem people. 

  • Like 8
  • Useful 3
  • Sad 3

Share this post


Link to post

I'm really stunned. Brennan? Really? 

Hannah? 

Lily and Meredith are perhaps dance risks (though I really love Lily as a DCC) But Hannah and Brennan? What the actual.. 

 

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post

11 minutes ago, lemonbus230 said:

The speed at which Kelli and Judy just lost this team is actually astonishing. Vets are NOT happy. You don’t cut three of the most loved, most dedicated, and well rounded teammates for people you’ve known for 2 weeks and expect people to be ok with it. Especially those rookies who have noted character concerns (Marissa). And you don’t allow someone who has been sleeping with players to be swept under the rug. What a train wreck this organization has become.

So Marissa made the team? What are the character concerns?

I can only guess that Hannah got cut because of weight. I can't see her being outdanced.

  • Like 4
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Kitkatkitty said:

Lily was an obvious dance cut, Brennan was VK's boot buddy, and Hannah was Kat's. I can see this backwards organization deciding that the boot buddies were responsible for whatever drama VK and Kat caused and cutting them instead of punishing the actual problem people. 

Very possible! I just find it unlikely to be a coincidence that all 4 vet cuts came from the same group that the toxicity problem was in.

It's wild that Charlotte no longer cares about the reputation of the squad. It's consistently been going down hill but this just shows how much she doesn't care if Kelli dismantles the organization.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
49 minutes ago, Spunkyyy said:

I’m going to let the show play out before passing judgment. I remember when blonde Hannah got cut a few years ago everyone was shocked because she had also been SG but then watching the show it made sense. 

Maybe so, but I STILL do not understand why Tara was cut. There was no proof or rhyme or reason for Tara's unexpected cut. 

  • Like 19

Share this post


Link to post

During this pandemic, cutting the Covid survivor (I know we don't know for sure, but that's what I believe) is outrageous. The fact that Brennan was even able to regain her strength and return to TC is incredible. The girls are going to have very limited ability to dance during games this season, IMO. Why cut someone who is a Covid survivor who may not have completely regained stamina yet, if there won't even be much dancing this season? If anything it would have been such a victory story for the show and the organization. I do not get it at all. 

  • Like 18
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Tulip86 said:

I'm really stunned. Brennan? Really? 

Hannah? 

Lily and Meredith are perhaps dance risks (though I really love Lily as a DCC) But Hannah and Brennan? What the actual.. 

 

I get that Lily and Meredith are dance risks but Savannah and Kat are worse dance risks and they're still there. I like all of them but Savannah and Kat mess up all the time. So does Lisa but she isn't considered a dance risk because it wasn't highlighted on the show like they did for Lily and Meredith.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
23 minutes ago, Opine said:

I wonder if Brennan didn't come to camp and realize that maybe Covid had a long term effect on her lung capacity and stamina?  She's so very mature that she may have decided to focus on her recovery instead of DCC.  Some have talked about her lackluster dance.  I disagree.  Once she became a DCC instead of a TCC, her dancing was awesome.  

Hannah?  Darling, SYTYCD is calling your name girl.

 

I was thinking the same thing about Brennan. I'm so sad to see her go. She's been one of my favorites since her first appearance on the show. Buy I really do hope it was her choice to take the season off. 

  • Like 10
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post

I can understand Lily's and Meredith's cuts because Meredith shouldn't have made the team in the first place and, other then Meredith, Lily was one of the weakest dancers/performers on the squad.  I can't understand Brennan and Hannah.  To cut two of the most beloved girls on the squad, beloved by both the other girls and by the fans (well, most of them), is just outrageous and more so if their cuts were due to DRAMA.  Brennan and Hannah should just walk away and never look back, never mention DCC again and any success that Kelli tries to say was because of their time on the squad should be met with a "No, I actually worked my butt off for this and it had NOTHING to do with my time on the DCC" or something similar.  Brennan's cut is especially heartbreaking, but it fits Kelli's pattern of making Brennan the sacrificial lamb for whatever girl Kelli wants to keep that year.

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Like 22
  • Sad 3

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, klopie said:

Very possible! I just find it unlikely to be a coincidence that all 4 vet cuts came from the same group that the toxicity problem was in.

It's wild that Charlotte no longer cares about the reputation of the squad. It's consistently been going down hill but this just shows how much she doesn't care if Kelli dismantles the organization.

I agree 100% about the group thing and they could possibly use it as another justification because the more tenured girls didn't keep their rookies in check last year or some other BS.

I think Charlotte has become more interested in the TV show than in the actual squad. DCCMTT has turned from a show about reality, into a reality show and they will do anything to cause drama. Even though most of us are genuinely just interested in the process of making the team. 

1 minute ago, DutchDccFan2.0 said:

Oh Victoria gets the blame, what a surprise, she gets hated for breathing.

It surprises me how fast fingers get pointed but not realizing Brennan was ill and Hannah may went for her education instead of DCC. I am in no way Victoria fan but blaming her for everything is just not fair. Someone can have a bad hairday and she will get the blame for it

I agree with not pointing fingers until everything is known yet, but I doubt either Hannah or Brennan would have spent all week in the bubble if they were going to decide to leave for personal reasons. 

  • Like 24

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size