Type keyword(s) to search

2020 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp

ByTor
  • Start Topic

On 1/8/2021 at 7:16 PM, DCCFan2021 said:

Ashlinn. In her media interview, when asked about Brett Kavanaugh, she repeatedly said that he was "on the Supreme Court Justice". Personally, I think that's what prompted Kelli to mention her eloquence and fluidity when speaking. It's one thing if she doesn't know who he is, or mixed up him getting fired as a result of the hearings, but in that instance she wasn't even referencing the Supreme Court correctly.

She actually said he was a former SC justice because he was convicted of sexual harrassment.  Not true. He was accused of rape (credibly so to some) during his nomination hearing. The accusation went nowhere and he was confirmed to the court. 

Rachel jumped into to say he was still on the Supreme Court. 

I was actually surprised TPTB kept that in. Wouldn’t that be slander or something?

• Love 6
7 hours ago, TorProc said:

😳😬

7165D3E8-E5B6-44CC-9041-A47AB2707A6B.jpeg

I like her pose and I have seen worse in terms of cameo photos. 

But I will say this, I was right when I predicted that she will be the next Meredith, and I predict that she'll be a one year wonder along with Sydney and Jessica. 

Speaking of Sydney, there's something about her photo that I don't like. I think it's her hair, but idk. 

137608030_521898948750923_6780835594065203511_n.thumb.jpg.a7118567e759380687d81e32a65d550d.jpg

Where are the other cameo photos? I cannot wait!!! I'll nitpick them when they are posted along with an HQ photo of the squad photo. If anyone gets any news on the squad photo or if any other girls posted their cameo photos, please let me know.

Edited by TheGenuineBeauty
  • Love 1

So now we all know TPTB really can put a "team" together a 2 week training camp.

Vets' poignant goodbye comments "thank God and greyhound I'm gone."

I'm wondering how some of the rookies would have done in TC had they not had all the dances in advance since one of the "requirements" of being a DCC is to learn a different dance every night and remember them all.

Edited by parrotfeathers
  • Useful 3
  • Love 9
Just now, parrotfeathers said:

So now we all know TPTB really can put a "team" together a 2 week training camp.

I'm wondering how some of the rookies would have done in TC had they not had all the dances in advance.

🤣🤣

It's come down to traveling by Greyhound 🚌 now.... the last few seasons the TCC/DCC seem to have the nicest/newer cars available..

• Love 1

13 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

I'm wondering how some of the rookies would have done in TC had they not had all the dances in advance since one of the "requirements" of being a DCC is to learn a different dance every night and remember them all.

They have had to take a leap of faith with the "take home learners" before if they liked them, and sometimes it payed off and sometimes not.  But yes, I suspect the ranking would be a little different and perhaps a couple cuts different outcome.  Then again, at the end of the day Kelli does what she wants to do and we know she picks favorites.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Tdoc72 said:

She actually said he was a former SC justice because he was convicted of sexual harrassment.  Not true. He was accused of rape (credibly so to some) during his nomination hearing. The accusation went nowhere and he was confirmed to the court. 

Rachel jumped into to say he was still on the Supreme Court. 

I was actually surprised TPTB kept that in. Wouldn’t that be slander or something?

Ashlin incorrectly stated the facts.  IMO they showed Rachel trying to correct Ashlin's error, and the Kelli indicated Rachel was a good teammate trying to cover for her.  I think they showed it because they love to show the blunders and odd responses.  It also played into the narrative of 1 reason why Rachael got point and reason Ashlin was cut.  I don't really think it is slander because clearly the clip shows the correction right afterwards.  

• Useful 3
  • Love 6
9 minutes ago, Vandy10 said:

K&J have only ever paid lip service to those ideals while making it practically impossible for driven, mature, professional women to also jump through all their ridiculous hoops to be in this team.

1000x this. They make it so that unless you come from parents with money and you're on a break from college, it's nearly impossible to make it to and through TC. Kinda gross. They want you to be smart but they think knowing who the president is makes you smart lmao. Those panel interview questions, lordt.

1 hour ago, TheGenuineBeauty said:

Speaking of Sydney, there's something about her photo that I don't like. I think it's her hair, but idk. 

Interesting how they let her 'choose' curly hair for her makeover but she has long, straight hair in her cameo lol. Typical

This squad is odd. I can't wait to see who quits after a year/who did this only because there was nothing else to do in 2020. Also can't wait to see which vets retire

Does anyone know how old McKenzie is? Just curious. She has such a beautiful smile

• Love 11

Anyone else get the feeling that Kelli realized how upset a lot of the vets were about the cuts? Kelli never usually talks to the girls about cut vets, let alone gets emotional about it. Wondering why she put on that show for the team.

• Love 12
6 minutes ago, Vandy10 said:

Anyone else get the feeling that Kelli realized how upset a lot of the vets were about the cuts? Kelli never usually talks to the girls about cut vets, let alone gets emotional about it. Wondering why she put on that show for the team.

Remember her emotions when she was telling the squad about Courtney Cook leaving?  All for the drama 🙄

Edited by scorpio1031
  • Useful 1
  • Love 20

What has Alanna done wrong?  She has been shoved to the back of the triangle and the squad photo.   One  could be a fluke.   Two is a statement.  She’s a strong dancer, fun to watch, beautiful, and has seniority. 

This has to be retaliation for something.  I hope she reads the room and bounces.  She’s one of my favorites.  

• Love 21

Rachel is a 3rd year vet, right?  

Granted the point is not based on seniority but when a 5th year is point #1 and if there are other 4th yr vets, that decision has to sting...

• Love 7
29 minutes ago, DarlinClementine said:

What has Alanna done wrong?  She has been shoved to the back of the triangle and the squad photo.   One  could be a fluke.   Two is a statement.  She’s a strong dancer, fun to watch, beautiful, and has seniority. 

This has to be retaliation for something.  I hope she reads the room and bounces.  She’s one of my favorites.  

She lives with Lily - Alanna is one of my favorites too.

Edited by Dtowngal5280
  • Love 9

I am surprised that Tori didn't make the team over Alora-Rose and Jessica.   I actually like Sydney's cameo.  I like her hair better straight then the curly style.  The curly style was too much and it looked like it was constantly covering her face.

• Love 15
9 minutes ago, sATL said:

Rachel is a 3rd year vet, right?  

Granted the point is not based on seniority but when a 5th year is point #1 and if there are other 4th yr vets, that decision has to sting...

love how they panned to gina...

Edited by vanillagum
  • Love 5

IMO they added rachael to counter that Maddie has never been "eye candy", so third year or not....

3 minutes ago, vanillagum said:

love how they panned to gina...

I wish they picked Gina and only had 1 point or Caroline.  I don't think I have ever routed for Gina but now I am just so over it. 

• Love 11
10 hours ago, Itswhatisaid said:

After this “reveal” still not a fan of Alora-Rose (she’s just not anything spectacular and her look does nothing for me). Sydney, meh. Her curly wig looks better, but anyone who speaks in 3rd person has their head up their ass. She also dances very heavy. I’d cut her next season along with Alora, Jessica (who I never knew made the team) and a few others. Armani will be around for a while. She’s the complete package. Jada, I like, but she just doesn’t look the part in the uniform. Very modelesque. Dani, Elli, Darian, and Claire, love them all. Keep them around. 

Yes.  Perfect observations.   Now my unanswered question is:  Why does there have to be a "Meredith, or Morgan, or even a 50 yd. Kelsey" every year?  Now we can add Alora-Rose to that category.  Too much screen time, too many chances...at least we were spared Meredith's tears and incessant whining this year.  

• Love 12
1 hour ago, MsTBGal said:

Yes.  Perfect observations.   Now my unanswered question is:  Why does there have to be a "Meredith, or Morgan, or even a 50 yd. Kelsey" every year?  Now we can add Alora-Rose to that category.  Too much screen time, too many chances...at least we were spared Meredith's tears and incessant whining this year.  

Kelsey, to begin with, was a bit of a trainwreck, but in her rookie TC, she improved on both her ambassadorship (is that even a word?) and her dance skills. I found her to be easier to watch as a dancer than Morgan or Meredith (who is excellent when in her own style) and she had a really likeable personality. She really grew into the role of being a rookie and then a vet.

Even fan fave Lauren struggled with her memory, but still got show group!

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Mardo2044 said:

Ashlin incorrectly stated the facts.  IMO they showed Rachel trying to correct Ashlin's error, and the Kelli indicated Rachel was a good teammate trying to cover for her.  I think they showed it because they love to show the blunders and odd responses.  It also played into the narrative of 1 reason why Rachael got point and reason Ashlin was cut.  I don't really think it is slander because clearly the clip shows the correction right afterwards.  

Was it Ashlinn or Tori who received the Brett K question?

3 hours ago, Dtowngal5280 said:

She lives with Lily - Alanna is one of my favorites too.

They don't live together anymore, Lily moved in with her boyfriend, and Alanna now lives with Dani, Ellie, and Cassie (who didn't make the team)

• Love 4

This will be unpopular but I'm not a fan of rookie Claire. She's like Maddie 2.0 to me and I am just struggling to see what it is about her that is so impressive to Kelli and Judy. 

For me, Hannah's bitter, passive aggressive attitude during the call when they cut her shed some light on a possible reason WHY she was cut. If she's pulled an attitude like that in the past, either directly to their faces or behind their backs and they found out about it, I'm not surprised that they let her go, unfortunately. Especially if there were also some dance issues in training camp. Whereas Brennan and Lily both made it clear they were upset but still came across as graceful and professional, Hannah just seemed spiteful, mean, and immature.

I also feel like if they're going to cut people for being ambassador risks because of their answers on media day, they need to make those cuts right after media day and not delay them. Or, if they don't want to cut great dancers who also happen to be inarticulate, then make media day part of show group auditions instead of part of general training camp. That way, bombing an interview won't necessarily keep you off the team, but it WILL keep you off of show group that year, where most of the high profile interviews take place.

Edited by blairwaldorf
  • Love 6

This is probably an unpopular opinion, but I'd rather have Maddie over Rachel W. as point. Yes Rachel W. is a stunner but she's boring as point (from what we've seen of her as point) 

At least Maddie is somewhat fun to watch as point. Keyword....somewhat.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 19
1 minute ago, TheGenuineBeauty said:

This is probably an unpopular opinion, but I'd rather have Maddie over Rachel W. as point. Yes Rachel W. is a stunner but she's boring as point (from what we've seen of her as point) 

At least Maddie is somewhat fun to watch as point. Keyword....somewhat.

I wasn't as crazy about Rachel W. in her rookie year, but she has really grown on me and now she's one of my favorites to watch. 

• Love 4
1 minute ago, blairwaldorf said:

I wasn't as crazy about Rachel W. in her rookie year, but she has really grown on me and now she's one of my favorites to watch. 

I remember when I first started lurking on this forum I mistook Rachel W. for VK cause everyone kept talking about how VK is Kelli's favorite and every single game day photo gallery had a picture of Rachel W. I was like "No wonder everyone hates Victoria, she's basically featured in every photo gallery" lol. 

Like I said great for photos, not great dancing wise. But that's just my opinion

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, blairwaldorf said:

For me, Hannah's bitter, passive aggressive attitude during the call when they cut her shed some light on a possible reason WHY she was cut. If she's pulled an attitude like that in the past, either directly to their faces or behind their backs and they found out about it, I'm not surprised that they let her go, unfortunately. Especially if there were also some dance issues in training camp. Whereas Brennan and Lily both made it clear they were upset but still came across as graceful and professional, Hannah just seemed spiteful, mean, and immature.

I 100% agree with this. I can't speak to her attitude on the call, since I didn't see it, but IMO her IG shows what she's made of.

• LOL 3
  • Love 11
5 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

Curious if they were in quarantine, why did Ashlinn leave that night right after her cut? 

Because their quarantine was never a true quarantine. If it was, they wouldn't have allowed her to leave unless she tested negative after like 7 days.

• Love 13
15 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

It seems that people are mad that she didn't break down,  cry or beg.  I don't see how hers was any different? She accepted defeat and ended with a compliment. She ended by noting the group of strong women they had and said "you should be very proud of them." How is that spiteful? True, she wasn't in full makeup but she knew she was gone prior to the call,

I found her answers and her tone to be very passive aggressive, and they would have definitely rubbed me the wrong way if I were on the receiving end of them. Maybe it didn't come across that way to other people, though.

• Love 7
52 minutes ago, blairwaldorf said:

This will be unpopular but I'm not a fan of rookie Claire. She's like Maddie 2.0 to me and I am just struggling to see what it is about her that is so impressive to Kelli and Judy. 

I also feel like if they're going to cut people for being ambassador risks because of their answers on media day, they need to make those cuts right after media day and not delay them. Or, if they don't want to cut great dancers who also happen to be inarticulate, then make media day part of show group auditions instead of part of general training camp. That way, bombing an interview won't necessarily keep you off the team, but it WILL keep you off of show group that year, where most of the high profile interviews take place.

Claire could dance circles around most of the team in almost every style with few exceptions.

Edited by aimeelou625
  • Love 16
22 minutes ago, blairwaldorf said:

I found her answers and her tone to be very passive aggressive, and they would have definitely rubbed me the wrong way if I were on the receiving end of them. Maybe it didn't come across that way to other people, though.

I completely agree with you. Hannah definitely showed an attitude on that call. I firmly believe editing can be made to whatever storyline they want, but they can’t create something out of something that isn’t there. Hannah’s facial expressions and the way she was answering them very much showed attitude to me even if she ended with a compliment. I think Brennan walked a fine line too (and I’m a huge Brennan fan). These girls knew they were being cut before the call and to me, it showed. After Lily was cut, they knew they were next. I would have kept all 3, but just based on their responses to the zoom calls, Hannah would have been the one I had said goodbye to if I only had to cut 1 of the 3. She didn’t do herself any favors in my eyes. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
2 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

Social media is FULL of people calling out their former employers for far worse things and the fact that Kelli STILL has issues with proving that Hannah's cut wasn't BS is rather funny.

Lots of people doing something doesn't make it right or classy, though. I don't think she should have been cut (I don't think any of the vets should have been cut, I think they should have gone with a vet only squad from the get-go), but I also think her attitude sucks (tm Cassie).

• Love 8