Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
ByTor

2020 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp

6 minutes ago, BossKeyBlessed said:

It’s just a strange forum phenomenon how one comment gets worked up on here as a fact.  

We are funny that way:) 

• Like 1
  • Laugh 6

9 minutes ago, BossKeyBlessed said:

I don’t have a clue what the organization  “thinks”.  Maybe they ARE mentioning it privately to her and giving her the “respect” of time to get it off.  I’m just pointing out that people get all upset when a single poster mentions someone is “thick” based on “DCC standards”...then the forum blows up mad at the DCC for their so-called “standards”.  Yet, the only ones saying she’s thick are the same people complaining there are any standards.  Meanwhile...TPTB of DCC have not cut or benched the girl the poster is saying is thick.  It’s just a strange forum phenomenon how one comment gets worked up on here as a fact.  

I'm sorry, I misread 'Only posters on this forum are pointing out her weight and calling her thick, not the organization' as they don't think she is thick. 🤷‍♀️

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GaveIn said:

I think its the organization that has given us the idea that that is 'thick' by DCC standards.

Right???  We are talking about an organization where the size "Large" in the uniform is a 6!! (from what I recall, XS=0, S=2, M=4, L=6)

• Like 5
  • Useful 1

8 hours ago, madmax84 said:

I've been back to the gym for two months now after waiting for the weather to get cooler. I've been wearing a mask for exercising, even when running. Masks have been proven not to restrict airflow otherwise surgeons wouldn't be wearing one for 13 hour surgeries. These girls just need a mask made for exercising. I love the ones I bought from Athleta and they're made specifically for working out.

Surgeons aren’t breathing as heavily as athletes. The Australian government has recommended not to wear masks while exercising. Using one specifically made for exercising might make it more doable, I didn’t realise they existed. 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Right???  We are talking about an organization where the size "Large" in the uniform is a 6!! (from what I recall, XS=0, S=2, M=4, L=6)

Good God. I didn't realize that we knew which numeric sizes corresponded to uniform sizes, but that really puts things into perspective. Those ladies are tiny!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

"A new season like no other"
"This is the most competitive year we've ever seen"

Me:
image.thumb.png.fedade9c56b93b284a4da1baa8d055be.png

• Like 2
  • Laugh 7

9 hours ago, Dtowngal5280 said:

I agree! I love her short hair, it makes her stand out. I don't see her as "thick" but more as athletic. 

r.PNG

rr.PNG

Thank you for posting these pictures because there is, regardless of whether Rachel is too thick or not thick at all, definitely a difference between the pictures you posted and the picture that started the discussions.

24690958-0D54-4511-9443-1F33BB12FA79.jpeg.d763e33cb3e40c177ea623fb95f66116.jpeg

I personally think Rachel looks beautiful when she joined the team and I think that Rachel looks beautiful now. I do not think Daphne or Gina look their best with their current respective weights.

Having said this, I believe that Kelli will look at Rachel, and will have something to say about it. This is not the same as calling Rachel A out for being thick.

Rachel looks fine and I want her as long as possible on the team.

• Like 4

Cassie didn't have the let's all be BFFs personality, but I think she carried her weight when she was on the team. 

I've never watched Survivor, but being a DCC surely must, at various times, resemble being on that show.

5 minutes ago, DizzySometimes86 said:

Please tell me they didn't mis-spell Britney's first name...

They mis-spelled Kelli's on another post

47 minutes ago, Lona said:

"A new season like no other"
"This is the most competitive year we've ever seen"

Me:
image.thumb.png.fedade9c56b93b284a4da1baa8d055be.png

The best one: "With the pandemic, we're gonna kick its ass!"

I don't know why we are working so hard on a vaccine when all we really need to beat it is the DCC. <eyeroll>

• Laugh 3

3 hours ago, perrie97 said:

Surgeons aren’t breathing as heavily as athletes. The Australian government has recommended not to wear masks while exercising. Using one specifically made for exercising might make it more doable, I didn’t realise they existed. 

Just to be clear they have said you don't have to wear one while exercising and yes there is more exertion when you're exercising. But they have specifically said that if you are able to still wear one while exercising then you absolutely should. I don't know about your area but many (possibly even most) people in my area are still wearing them while exercising.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, perrie97 said:

Not breathing as heavily as a surgeon?  I take it you've never been in a surgery when you're trying to resuscitate a patient that is bleeding out.   I've never moved so fast in my life. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, kalibean said:

I don't think Meredith's mom was super involved with the organization, either, at least not like Shelly, Judy and TK anyway, so that takes away implied bias too.  Tho I do think Dayton, VK and Cassie could have made the squad on their own merit with tweaks on timing.  All of them had some maturing to do in various ways from their first audition and/or camp, but VK was fine by year two (tho NOT to be on SG) and Cassie got there through the season.

I think Cassie could have benefitted from a year on a different dance team first since she had the cheer/tumbling background, and those gals always seem to struggle with converting (Ashley Pro, Shelby.)  She needed stamina and polish, but she pulled it together.  VK rightfully didn't make it year one (host of problems,) same with Dayton (not enough power, time management, memory issues,) and Cassie again could have used a year but grew into it during the season.  Cassie year one IMO is like a Breelan, Morgan, Emily, Jordan Chanley, Kat or even Savvy where they make the squad without being perfect on the prayer they get better quick.  There's at least a couple every season with mixed results on who makes it back year two.

I seem to remember that Meredith's mom was/is involved to some degree, but not in any role that has input into who makes the squad.  Shelly doesn't either.  She's more involved then Meredith's mom, but, again, not in a role that has input into who makes the squad.  While all three girls might have had some maturing to do, Dayton had improved measurably in the maturity department between her first audition and her second, but Kelli seemed to REALLY hate the fact that she was even there, much less in Training Camp.

I totally agree that Cassie could have used at least one year, possibly two, on another team, especially one that's dance-heavy, and she would have proved to EVERYONE that she deserved to be on the DCC.  If she had gone off to another pro squad for a couple of years, then come in and blown everyone out of the water, no one could argue that she deserved the honors she got afterwards.  While both Victoria and Dayton may have had issues, any one of Victoria's issues her first year would have knocked another girl out much sooner and the lies would have gotten said girl blacklisted, never to make the squad, yet she not only makes Training Camp the next year, but the squad AND Show Group (she at least should not have made Show Group).  Dayton's was late ONE time through an issue she couldn't have foreseen, though she could have left sooner knowing traffic in the Dallas/Fort Worth area.  If Dayton was late multiple other times, then I'd say she has a time management issue.  However, ONE time should have gotten a reprimand and left alone after that.  As for the rest of the issues, how many other girls had power issues and memory issues, but made the squad?  If Dayton had been given the opportunity to have one year on the squad, she would have improved beyond all doubt and been a star DCC.  I still think Kelli did NOT want Dayton on the squad and was doing everything in her power to keep her OFF the squad.

1 hour ago, parrotfeathers said:

Cassie didn't have the let's all be BFFs personality, but I think she carried her weight when she was on the team. 

While Cassie was at best a blender, I think she rested on the fact that no one was going to be allowed to cut her because of who her mom was and the fact that many of the judges have watched her grow up.  Thus, she got away with more then the other girls and caused more problems.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, SMP637 said:

Not breathing as heavily as a surgeon?  I take it you've never been in a surgery when you're trying to resuscitate a patient that is bleeding out.   I've never moved so fast in my life. 

Clearly im referring to it in general, that completing surgery is not considered vigorous intensity exercise for the most part. I‘m obviously not saying it doesn’t require exertion. I  haven’t seen anyone in my area wearing masks to go for runs, and it’s not mandated.in saying that, we have a government who locked us down early so the virus has gone down to minimal transmission. my point was simply that it isn’t necessarily fair to assume VK has low stamina just because she needed a break from her mask when plenty of athletes wouldn’t be comfortable and would feel a bit suffocated. That was all. 

Edited by perrie97

8 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

of course they'd announce this right after I drop that part of my cable package.  Oh well....not readding it back.  IF I decide to watch at all I'll biuy the season on iTunes.

• Like 1