Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
ByTor

2020 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp

Recommended Posts


3 hours ago, ClassicPegg said:

The Touchdown Decks are different lengths...

AT&T Stadium TD Decks-different sizes - Copy.png

Thank u so much. Did not know that😘

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, GaveIn said:

From what I understand, allstars are retired cheerleaders that still make appearances, but do not dance (unless their name is Emma 🙂 )..  They are used when the regular squad is not available and they also made suite visits during the games.  I do remember one of the requirements is they had to of been on the squad 3 years to qualify, but I fell like they had made an exception at some point (I think it was Carisa).  You have to be asked to be one and if I remember correctly, there was some talk that Holly A was not asked when she was retired, and that was some big 'news' at the time on the boards.

It's a shame that someone like Brennan was cut, because I believe if they gave her the grace of opting out (aka suggest retiring if her stamina wasn't up) she would have made a great All Star! 

that would have been Olivia who had been a 2 year vet because they were low on higher tenure retiring.

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, viccib said:

that would have been Olivia who had been a 2 year vet because they were low on higher tenure retiring.

Plus, wasn't  she Kitty Carter's  daughter in law?

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, jlc said:

Plus, wasn't  she Kitty Carter's  daughter in law?

former daughter in law, yes

 

  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
19 minutes ago, viccib said:

that would have been Olivia who had been a 2 year vet because they were low on higher tenure retiring.

Olivia, Carisa and Andrea Richards were all 2 year vets who became All Stars

  • Like 1
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post

22 hours ago, MsTBGal said:

Yes, this is good to know for viewing season 13.  Unfortunately, CBS All Access is not free, and Pluto TV is.  I already pay an exorbitant monthly fee for my cable and I cannot pay any more.  ☹️

Preach 

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Coffeefrog19 said:

I already pay an exorbitant monthly fee for my cable and I cannot pay any more.  ☹️

we switched to You Tube TV and I hate it! Some things are worth paying more for.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 10/15/2020 at 6:33 PM, kalibean said:

I thought the show started on a different network and then transitioned to CMT? Or maybe just the two hour special? I can’t remember that far back 😂

I swear I remember watching it on VH1 in the beginning.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
20 hours ago, Agent Gully said:

Just for fun....from last season or this current season, if you HAD to fill TWO spots on the All Star Squad, who would you select? Feel free also to give your reasons if you wish. (and the heck with what Kelli, Charlotte, and Judy think!)

My choices  would be Bridget (outgoing, personable and of course, just plain cute) and Brennan (intelligent, empathetic, dedicated). 

 

 

Do all stars do any dancing or are they appearances only? 
 

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, perrie97 said:

Do all stars do any dancing or are they appearances only? 
 

Years ago, they did plaza performances.  Last year, since the vets were in Mexico for calendar, they filled in with the retiring vets at draft day and performed.  They danced on Nashville Squares.  Since then, I think it’s been appearances only.

  • Like 1
  • Useful 4

Share this post


Link to post

You guys were saying how after dicussing Danielle. her then and now story showed up on the DCC insta. U then talked about country music stars and the stickers. Now they’re showing the country stars one😂😂😂

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 11

Share this post


Link to post

I can't stand Caroline's hair. It's a mullet. Or shag. Or something, but it is not flattering. And the color they give her is the same washed-out look they did to Kristin's.  They made Kristin's hair look grey. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

I swear I remember watching it on VH1 in the beginning.

I did too. I don’t listen to country, so I first found it on VH1.  It showed reruns of the show, so when I looked around on the guide I found CMT played the new episodes.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, abracadabra said:

I can't stand Caroline's hair. It's a mullet. Or shag. Or something, but it is not flattering. And the color they give her is the same washed-out look they did to Kristin's.  They made Kristin's hair look grey. 

I think CAroline is so bland basic but she would be far better with decent hair. Her hair is as big of a mess as my fave of all time Trisha and that Real Houswives mullet. 

18 minutes ago, Kimrs said:

I did too. I don’t listen to country, so I first found it on VH1.  It showed reruns of the show, so when I looked around on the guide I found CMT played the new episodes.

I remember seeing reruns on vh1

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

There are so many I would love to see as All Stars.....but Brennan and Bridget sound great! I know Hannah has moved but she also would have rocked it. Such a big loss for the team. I hope to see Hannah dance again on a team or professional stage. I'll never understand her cut. 😥

 

 

  • Like 16

Share this post


Link to post

There are so many I would love to see as All Stars.....but Brennan and Bridget sound great! I know Hannah has moved but she also would have rocked it. Such a big loss for the team. I hope to see Hannah dance again on a team or professional stage. I'll never understand her cut. 😥 kinda like dumping your super star quarter back for a new rookie player.

 

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
16 hours ago, vanillagum said:

omg, FOR REAL. i know it's a waste of time in the grand scheme of things but the little i saw of travis wall and evan miller made me fall in love with them. i want them to teach me things! i'm partial to hip-hop, but still. when travis did the cheerleading routine with them, i died. he was amazing. him >> them. put him on the field, tbh. 

however, the emo/lyrical stuff...now that is boring as hell. i think the hip-hop and adjacent stuff is more relevant. 

i actually freaking love the stickers, too. i love seeing opinions outside of the kelli judy echo chamber, no matter how little weight they hold. 

the country stars coming in is SO corny and useless. every time i watch the season where kelli pickler comes in i crack up. like the girls are supposed to be shaking in their boots (pun unintended) because someone who was on american idol 10 years ago and has maybe one hit shows up to give them empty platitudes about confidence LMAO 

I couldn’t agree more.

I also loved the stickers!
The sheer amount of data that we got from the stickers was amazing! Lisa’s impact on the team leaders, info on the dance ability of the rookies, info on the team dynamics and info how on how big of an East-Texas despot Kelli is, it was all in the stickers.

I also found the forced advice of so called ‘celebrities’ really silly.
 

  • Like 14
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

 

If dccxmemes' last instagram post is correct the new season is coming November 24th, but idk... so don't come at me if I'm wrong

 

Edited by LilBlueDCCStar · Reason: was asked to remove the picture.
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

I swear I remember watching it on VH1 in the beginning.

It started on CMT, and both networks had the same owners, so VH1 started to show reruns. 

4 hours ago, Kimrs said:

I did too. I don’t listen to country, so I first found it on VH1

I don't either, so I wonder what I was watching on CMT that I noticed previews or maybe they advertised it on VH1 and that's how I found out about it.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I suspect having the country 'stars' as guest judges is a CMT thang...Kelli Pickler is a has-been who never really was but wants to stay relevant...RayLynn is unlikely to ever make the "A" list...Kasey Musgraves isn't relevant to DCC other than she's a fan. I love the guest choreographers...the different dance styles show what a TCC can really do, which give confidence. And I love the stickers...just for K,J,C,Kitty, the group leaders & guest choreos...not the 'just for show' guests...

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

I enjoy most of the country music tie-ins, personally. Kellie Pickler was an obvious promo for her reality show that also aired on CMT at the time (agreed she’s pretty well done these days) but Rae Lynn was a solid up and comer and Kasey is 😍😍😍 She’s been around for a while as a song writer and Kasey radio on iHeartRadio is on pretty standard rotation at my house. She was the last concert I saw too. LOVE her. Maren Morris might be fun for future, or Kelsea Ballerini?

I like having performers come on to help look for showmanship quality and to shake it up a bit. Sometimes they see things that K & J don’t, and I love when a TCC gets positive feedback from the guests when they maybe haven’t been on the radar before.  It’s an extra eye for sparkle.   
 

As much as I love the dancing, it’s a reality show too...so curious what other kind of filler people would like to see. More solos for sure, tho I know that’s a toughie for music rights. 

Edited by kalibean
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, CrazyMoon said:

Kasey Musgraves isn't relevant to DCC other than she's a fan.

Show group danced in her show at the Texas State Fair that year - so prob why she appeared. 

 

 

 

  • Like 3
  • Useful 4

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, Pau84 said:

The sheer amount of data that we got from the stickers was amazing!

YESSSS lmao

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

23 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Olivia, Carisa and Andrea Richards were all 2 year vets who became All Stars

Wasn't Claire also a 2 year vet who became an all-star?

  • Like 2
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
15 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Wasn't Claire also a 2 year vet who became an all-star?

Oops...forgot about her:)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Show group danced in her show at the Texas State Fair that year - so prob why she appeared. 

 

 

 

What is she wearing?

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, kalibean said:

I enjoy most of the country music tie-ins, personally. Kellie Pickler was an obvious promo for her reality show that also aired on CMT at the time (agreed she’s pretty well done these days) but Rae Lynn was a solid up and comer and Kasey is 😍😍😍 She’s been around for a while as a song writer and Kasey radio on iHeartRadio is on pretty standard rotation at my house. She was the last concert I saw too. LOVE her. Maren Morris might be fun for future, or Kelsea Ballerini?

I like having performers come on to help look for showmanship quality and to shake it up a bit. Sometimes they see things that K & J don’t, and I love when a TCC gets positive feedback from the guests when they maybe haven’t been on the radar before.  It’s an extra eye for sparkle.   
 

As much as I love the dancing, it’s a reality show too...so curious what other kind of filler people would like to see. More solos for sure, tho I know that’s a toughie for music rights. 

I'm a classically trained musician so watching CMT has been, shall we say, an eye opener for me. I actually enjoyed Kellie Pickler's guest stint & will never forget Kelli & Judy gleefully dancing around in the cowboy boots Kacey brought them. I agree with everything else you said too.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
On 10/16/2020 at 10:02 PM, scorpio1031 said:

Sign up for the free 7 day trial, binge on Season 13 and cancel 😈😂

It seems like they almost always have a promo code* for a free month (esp as people who signed up for the Big Brother feeds are cancelling in droves). Unsure if it was a free month in addition to the original week or in lieu of it, I just went to cancel my subscription and it offered me an extra free month. So, that's 9 or ten free weeks (I put the cancellation date a few days early in my calendar so I'll get reminders not to give CBS a penny).

*I think it was either INSIDER or PLAY when I did it (I could also be making that up), which should be expired by now, but it was also expired a month when I used it; a quick search shows NFLCBS and FALL as current codes. (I don't know if they actually work, but the former was in the Oct. Business Insider and the latter listed as autumn freebies on coupon sites. I apologize if they don't work... if you can't find one that does, I'll Oh, and--unbeknownst to me at the time--you can pick the premium option and it will be just as free as the ad-supported one. Le sigh).

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

18 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

It started on CMT, and both networks had the same owners, so VH1 started to show reruns. 

I don't either, so I wonder what I was watching on CMT that I noticed previews or maybe they advertised it on VH1 and that's how I found out about it.  

I don’t watch CMT either so I’m sure there was a commercial for it on something else I watch; possibly SYTYCD or Dance moms? I think I have watched it from season one. 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Glammy6 said:

I don’t watch CMT either so I’m sure there was a commercial for it on something else I watch; possibly SYTYCD or Dance moms? I think I have watched it from season one. 

For me it was definitely on CBS in either 2006 or 2007...I think CBS and CMT were possibly owned by same company at the time. I recall watching the 2 Hour Special repeating as a promotion for the start of Season 1. It may have been Season 2, but I’ve definitely been watching since the beginning. I had to watch it at my then boyfriends because I didn’t have cable, and he didn’t have CMT in his cable package. Maybe CBS on Saturdays? So strange how so many other things from that time frame are so clear in my mind, yet I only have very vague memories of that....

Share this post


Link to post

I think years ago, the new episode was on the network, and then reruns were on CMT?  but I could be wrong about that. 

They also used to show the new episode on CMT on Thursday or Friday, and then rerun it on Saturdays, and with frequent reruns.  Now you better catch it on the first run, or DVR it.  

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I think years ago, the new episode was on the network, and then reruns were on CMT?  but I could be wrong about that. 

They also used to show the new episode on CMT on Thursday or Friday, and then rerun it on Saturdays, and with frequent reruns.  Now you better catch it on the first run, or DVR it.  

Or find a bootleg version of it on YouTube before it's taken down. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
32 minutes ago, Amandared said:

Can she get a mask that fits her face?

522405C5-3161-4D3B-A7DF-DF81DA2E043F.jpeg

It's probably because she has zero stamina and needs to breathe. She only looks good this year because she crash diets like Mommie Dearest. JMO

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

1 hour ago, rl27rl said:

It's probably because she has zero stamina and needs to breathe. She only looks good this year because she crash diets like Mommie Dearest. JMO

Victoria looks great.  If she was crash dieting, she wouldn’t be able to maintain this healthy looking weight this and last season like she has.  As painful as it seems for some...sometimes you gotta give credit where credit is due.   

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post

They need something just a tiny bit sticky on their masks, maybe...like just a couple of dots of the grumpy silicone that’s on no show socks sometimes.  Lots of mask slipping on a lot of the ladies, so might just be a fit/material issue. 
 

I’m starting to think VK is looking a little too lean...maybe just a couple hundred extra calories a day of veggies and lean protein? But could just be in that brief snippet, I’m no dietician. Lemme channel my inner Jay and have salmon for breakfast! 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I was so happy to see Taylor P featured in a DCC MTT IG clip, but then it showed VK.  Cause apparently they don’t realize she doesn’t have to be featured in everything🙄

 

 

  • Like 13
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, rl27rl said:

It's probably because she has zero stamina and needs to breathe. She only looks good this year because she crash diets like Mommie Dearest. JMO

Where I live masks are compulsory except when exercising, in fact it’s discouraged because it impairs airflow (apart from In low intensity stuff like walking). I’m suprised the cheerleaders have to wear them and don’t blame them for needing a break. It seems performative rather than necessary, if they are social distancing it shouldn’t matter if they wear masks. They are doing doing moderate-high intensity physical activity for hours with a mask, that’s a struggle and actually contrary to health advice (where I am anyway). I am an athlete myself and I don’t think I could be comfortable and not out of breath wearing a mask while dancing.  

Edited by perrie97
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

2 hours ago, rl27rl said:

It's probably because she has zero stamina and needs to breathe. She only looks good this year because she crash diets like Mommie Dearest. JMO

There are less persons in the stadium during practice then the game.  So wearing the mask  during practice is idiotic ..NO ONE is there 🤪🤪

Edited by forumborum · Reason: Misspelled sorry
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 10/18/2020 at 6:34 PM, scorpio1031 said:

Oops...forgot about her:)

Amy Trader 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, forumborum said:

There are less persons in the stadium during practice then the game.  So wearing the mask  during practice is idiotic ..NO ONE is there 🤪🤪

And HOW/WHY is dancing on the touchdown decks "safer" than dancing on the field?  They're barely 6 ft away from the front row of seats on the decks.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

And HOW/WHY is dancing on the touchdown decks "safer" than dancing on the field?  They're barely 6 ft away from the front row of seats on the decks.

Going to message you 

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

And HOW/WHY is dancing on the touchdown decks "safer" than dancing on the field?  They're barely 6 ft away from the front row of seats on the decks.

The NFL made the decision to not allow cheerleaders on the field. 

  • Like 4
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Well make it fast cause soon as I make another post I'm outta here for the night

Ok sent already 

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size