Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
ByTor

2020 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp

3 hours ago, Coffeefrog19 said:

So I saw that they’ve released the photos from the 2021 calendars. Did I see it correctly that they’ve just used the photos from the shoot for the 2020 calendars? And Rachel has made the cover 2 years in a row. 

Yes it was confirmed earlier they were using unused photos from last years trip since they couldn't have one this year 

12 hours ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

Tess is more Cajun than anything. I think her Native American js like half of America - somebody with dark hair has a granny who was an Indian princess or whatever. My moms fam has a similar look - prob a lot of French, Spanish, Italian, and we joke the Indian part is probably “Blackfoot” but who knows. I like Tessss look and think she deserves to be there. Maybe not triangle but def DCC.

Tess was asked if she was Native American on her DCC takeover. She said she was Cherokee I thinkkk and another “tribe”. Sorry if that’s the incorrect terminology I’m not from North America. 

• Like 1

I remember a DCC in Motion with Lisa, Gina, ? And ? Bridget.  I remember many thought Lisa was subpar to the other ladies.  There was some pretty turns... that’s all I got. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, UnicornKicksBack said:
23 minutes ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

Can’t be arsed is my new fave expression 

Hmmm depends on how well they dance 

This right here. I’ll take my chances for $1000, Alex

Edited by MonaMechelle · Reason: Newbie and learning how to quote
  • Like 7

Just now, GonnahearmeRoar said:

I remember a DCC in Motion with Lisa, Gina, ? And ? Bridget.  I remember many thought Lisa was subpar to the other ladies.  There was some pretty turns... that’s all I got. 

• Like 3

Sorry if this was on the list and I missed it...there was also the Christmas DCC In Motion with the Dancing with the Houghs. I remember Amber was in it I believe Gina and of course VK. I think Caroline was the 4th. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Amandared said:

Sorry if this was on the list and I missed it...there was also the Christmas DCC In Motion with the Dancing with the Houghs. I remember Amber was in it I believe Gina and of course VK. I think Caroline was the 4th. 

forgot one whoops 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DCCFanatic82 said:

Why they put Lisa and those hoppy fouettes and then whatever that flyi ng camel move is supposed to be? with Bridget and Gina 🤷‍♀️. Gina is fire but I think Bridget is the better performer here. Dang I wish she’d stayed but totally get why she left. 

• Like 21

Leaving aside my school teaching experiences... in teaching kids, teens, and adults to ride horses and show: give me folks with less talent BUT a ton of discipline and desire for the sport over folks who are naturally gifted but have a poor attitude or lack of desire any day! When I think of it, the same was true when I was teaching in the classroom. A good attitude and discipline (and team work) allows me to teach the skills and usually results in a much better competitive group.

As to telling heritage, my husband is 1/2 Mexican, 1/4 Blackfoot Indian, and 1/4 German. He is green eyed and light blonde! Genetics can always give surprises.

It's hard to keep to the topic as there is really nothing more known about what is going on in the current DCC world. I would love for someone to "spill some tea". Seems like we have been waiting forever for something to happen! 

• Like 8

8 hours ago, DCCFanatic82 said:

Would you rather have 36 Maddies who won't get into trouble and have proven themselves of the last 5-6 years? Or would you rather have 36 drunkards who travel outside of their work area when they shouldn't and could possibly infect someone with a disease?

giphy.gif

They are humans so both. Kat, Daphne, Caroline etc aren't criminals lol. It's been said there was a misunderstanding and I will believe that because why wouldn't I

5 hours ago, heckkitty said:

Bridget was one of the only dancers who could pull my attention away from Gina. Hannah too,  sometimes. 

I really wonder what I fail to see in Gina besides looks. My eyes literally never gets drawn to her 😂

• Like 1
  • Laugh 3

8 hours ago, DCCFanatic82 said:

This one would’ve been so much better without Lisa. She’s a fair dancer but doesn’t have as much technique or showmanship at Bridget or Gina. Erin or Briana would’ve looked better in this piece instead.

• Like 18

Tbh I hope Taylor P will return next year. She was actually really great as a DCC

• Like 8

1 hour ago, DCC-UK said:

This one would’ve been so much better without Lisa. She’s a fair dancer but doesn’t have as much technique or showmanship at Bridget or Gina. Erin or Briana would’ve looked better in this piece instead.

When she ends up having to jump through her turns in second... yikes!

• Like 9

53 minutes ago, AYTOfan said:

Tbh I hope Taylor P will return next year. She was actually really great as a DCC

I doubt she will she seems to have moved on 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, lizbiz06 said:

As a former dancer who was never really a turner, I practised pirouettes but only ever had a triple in any routine. As Queen Kitty always says, don’t do shit you can’t do.

Fouettes are so technical and very impressive when done well but equally look dreadful when you can’t execute them and start hopping around. 

I’m sure Lisa has plenty of other tricks she could execute much better! 

• Like 16

On 9/30/2020 at 8:32 PM, DCCFanatic82 said:

During the "Making the Team" era, these are the women whom we know for sure are black or mixed with one black parent:

2005: 7 (Jen, Monica, Nicole, Carmen, Shenythia, Shatera, Jasmin)
2006: 4 (Deryn, Jen, Nicole, Carmen)
2007: 7 (Deryn, Carmen, Tia, Ryan, Dara, Ally, Nicole)
2008: 6 (Ally, Nicole, Ryan, Deryn, Dara, Tia)
2009: 7 (Nicole, Ally, Tia, Mia, Jackie Bob, Vanessa)
2010: 5 (Mia, Ally, Tia, Sasha, Jackie Bob)
2011: 4 (Jackie Bob, Sasha, Ally, Mia)
2012: 6 (Jackie Bob, Mia, Jacie, Jenna, Jasmine, Carisa)
2013: 5 (Jackie Bob, Jasmine, Jacie, Jenna, Carisa)
2014: 3 (Jacie, Jasmine, Jenna)
2015: 3 (Jacie, Jenna, Robin)
2016: 4 (Khalyn, Cersten, Jenna, Robin)
2017: 5 (Keyra, Khalyn, Cersten, Robin, Jenna)
2018: 3 (Ashlee, Briana, Khalyn)
2019: 4 (Ashlee, Briana, Kat, Chandi)
2020: 7 (Ashlee, Briana, Kat, Chandi, Jada, Sydney, Darian, Armani)

The average is 5.3 black women per year - 14.7% of the standard 36 member squad.

I'm seeing 8 names for the 2020 squad.

• Useful 3

4 hours ago, lizbiz06 said:

She was trying to do inside spot changes and it just looked a hot mess, because she didn't stay on the beat and whip her head to the new spot properly. I've seen several girls do outside spot changes throughout the years for their solos, but I think the only one I remember doing inside spot changes was Maddie in show group auditions back in 20216 (at least on the show). You have to have so much control and be so clean with your movements to make those look decent, and Lisa just doesn't have that. She also could not stay on releve for anything and doesn't have the flexibility to do the illusion turn she tried after the fouettes. No bueno.

• Like 13
  • Useful 1

12 hours ago, Amandared said:

Ah yes.  The video that showed Vic's poor fan kick technique.  This is another reason I find she dances heavy.

Note how Caroline's fan begins from the proper position.  But Vic's beginning is cut short, she's leaning back and no relevé of her supporting foot.

caroline_v2.jpg.1151fce286fd475cc6da2528b4f7eb12.jpgVic_v2.jpg.b205b4ddd8a7eeb433cc6dd06d45d871.jpg

Edited by go4luca
  • Like 11
  • Useful 10

On 10/2/2020 at 6:19 AM, AYTOfan said:

She way more attractive than girls like Maddie and Hannah imo. 

Attractive or not, doesn't take away that it is a beautiful shot of her 🤷‍♀️

Yeah.....not seeing the attractive part.

At all.  🤷‍♀️

• Like 2
  • Laugh 3

31 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Yeah.....not seeing the attractive part.

At all.  🤷‍♀️

I think she’s attractive, but falls into the personal presence category. Outside of a dozen or two knockouts they’ve had on the show, the rest probably fall into that category, similar to dance blenders. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, vivianspoetry said:

I think she’s attractive, but falls into the personal presence category. Outside of a dozen or two knockouts they’ve had on the show, the rest probably fall into that category, similar to dance blenders

I know everyone has looks they favor.  It's all good.

"Blender" definitely nails it for me though. 😉

• Like 2

1 hour ago, go4luca said:

Ah yes.  The video that showed Vic's poor fan kick technique.  This is another reason I find she dances heavy.

Note how Caroline's fan begins from the proper position.  But Vic's beginning is cut short, she's leaning back and no relevé of her supporting foot.

caroline_v2.jpg.1151fce286fd475cc6da2528b4f7eb12.jpgVic_v2.jpg.b205b4ddd8a7eeb433cc6dd06d45d871.jpg

So that's what releve' means.  Thanks.

• Like 6

16 hours ago, DCCFanatic82 said:

Lisa was def outdanced!  Gina is the teacher, B is her A+ student and Lisa is the new kid who just started today.  🙂

• Like 12
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 8

7 hours ago, go4luca said:

As a non dancer, seeing visuals like this is SO helpful. Would adore you dearly if you wanted to keep doing them!!

• Like 21

On 10/2/2020 at 11:08 PM, DCCFanatic82 said:

😊 that’s it I really like that song party until the lights come on 💫 I wonder who sings it. I am making a good 6 mile walk playlist💫 hope those lyrics bring it up🙏🙏

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GonnahearmeRoar said:

😊 that’s it I really like that song party until the lights come on 💫 I wonder who sings it. I am making a good 6 mile walk playlist💫 hope those lyrics bring it up🙏🙏

If you find it, please share the title!! I love it too but I haven't been able to find it😕

I know the original song is called "On the Corner" by Trashorama. The original is in all the expected places (Spotify, youtube, etc.) and I've tried Shazam and scrolling through the youtube and insta comments but nothing comes up

On 10/2/2020 at 10:08 PM, DCCFanatic82 said:

Also, Kelly should save a clip of Gina in this video to use whenever she's trying to explain musicality. I never really understood what it meant until I watched this... Gina is spectacular.

Also, they're all really fun to watch and this is by far my fav DCC in Motion. But as a non-dancer even I can see that Lisa's turns aren't the best lol.

• Like 9

On 10/2/2020 at 4:02 PM, TheGenuineBeauty said:

I am looking at it from a casual viewer's POV.

Which is a vast majority of people watching them at the games; Kelli should be taking that into account.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1

18 hours ago, Opine said:

Lisa was def outdanced!  Gina is the teacher, B is her A+ student and Lisa is the new kid who just started today.  🙂

On Point!!!  Again can’t justify Hannah when you see Lisa 😡

• Like 18

9 minutes ago, forumborum said:

Hannah was the victim of being fired in Texas for practically breathing in the wrong direction !! 

• Like 4
  • Laugh 3
  • Sad 5

53 minutes ago, forumborum said:

I am not and never have been a dancer.  But Lisa has to stop before she twirls (don't know any tech words!!! 🙂 ) to get her balance.  Even I can see that the decent dancers don't have to do that.  They should never have put Lisa with Gina.  It just wasn't fair.  Now, let me think, who could have held their own against Gina?  VK?  no  Savannah?  no Oh, Hannah!  Yeah, let's put Hannah in with Gina.  Oh wait.......

• Like 8
  • Sad 6

Watching the Cowboys game because the local game up here is Tampa Bay & I cannot watch Brady play for them. Fun that I get to see the Cowboys, they're usually not on here. I think i've seen DCC once from so far away you can't make out anything other than hair color... 

• Like 3

I hope Hannah is Sideline Sweetheart for this game:)  Of course, the real Sideline Sweetheart may not have as good a sense of humor as Briana did.

• Like 3
  • Laugh 9

watching the game with mom and dad and seeing a few glimpses here and there of the girls. i wish we could get like a game day stream of some kind of them but 🤷🏾‍♀️

• Like 6

2 hours ago, TB12 said:

Watching the Cowboys game because the local game up here is Tampa Bay & I cannot watch Brady play for them. Fun that I get to see the Cowboys, they're usually not on here. I think i've seen DCC once from so far away you can't make out anything other than hair color... 

I feel the same way. Go Pats!! I’m from Maine 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, meb1130 said:

I feel the same way. Go Pats!! I’m from Maine 

Woot woot I'm from Boston! :-)

• Like 3

A while ago I wondered which hairstyle TPTB would choose for Sydney because on her previous team she switched hair all the time, and historically DCC gives them each a single 'look'

Seems as though they have let her continue to change it up:

Training camp:

1327556440_ScreenShot2020-10-04at6_51_39PM.png.0eb1f2ad4d14f1f9dbb69aaf1e9ef062.png

Game 1:

image.png.1c20f680ab39eac8906ca8247377d87d.png

Game 2:

1114337870_ScreenShot2020-10-04at6_58_25PM.png.aa61c1bce2c4d7ccc8cef25ed934eb17.png

I wonder what hair she has in her cameo

• Like 11
  • Surprise 1

5 hours ago, loveaux said:

watching the game with mom and dad and seeing a few glimpses here and there of the girls. i wish we could get like a game day stream of some kind of them but 🤷🏾‍♀️

I was watching it today too and tried to see if I could notice any of the girls but no luck. Just got a brief view of them dancing on the decks. 

gettyimages-1278473498-2048x2048.thumb.jpg.21c0ee9be3d40e77d4b9a22dabcf2b89.jpg

Erin, Taylor, rookie, rookie, Sober Tess, Gina, rookie?, Sober Daphne, rookie, Madeline Malloy?
gettyimages-1278449343-2048x2048.thumb.jpg.0c361869d54a8d3c786dd40d624cc27f.jpg

• Like 1
  • Laugh 12

7 minutes ago, DCCFanatic82 said:

Erin, Taylor, rookie, rookie, Sober Tess, Gina, rookie?, Sober Daphne, rookie, Madeline Malloy?

Lol! Sober Daphne😂

• Like 2
  • Laugh 11

Love the poms, hopefully they aren't just for Crucial Catch, but if some I hope it inspires them to look at a new type of pom. The current ones always look so flat. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DCCFanatic82 said:

“Sober Tess” and “Sober Daphne” LOL 💀

Edited by Lona
  • Like 1
  • Laugh 5

13 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Ok, in some of the video on the big screen you can see there are no fans in the stadium so why don’t they film the new team doing the entrance and Thunderstruck and show that during the game?

Oh wait, prolly cuz Covid!   Sorry😬

Edited by Trixi · Reason: Rethought my comment
  • Laugh 4

1 minute ago, Trixi said:

Ok, in some of the video on the big screen you can see there are no fans in the stadium so why don’t they film the new team doing the entrance and Thunderstruck and show that during the game?

Because then you might know who is on the team silly:)

So, is that VK at point?

• Laugh 7