Type keyword(s) to search

Season 22 Live Feed Discussion

• Start Topic

17 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

I just saw that. I hate to be that person but this isn't that definitive. Considering the next sentence Memphis says, which is "He's so bad at this game", I don't think the slur was what he cut himself off from saying? But it also could be considering the quote that came after your post (that was the one I was looking for proof on because that's definitely more definitive). So I dunno. 

This might be the clip you are looking for 

15 minutes ago, BK1978 said:

It makes sense when you look at her relationship with her father or lack there of.  She did not get that loving fatherly attention from her father growing up, so maybe now she seeks it from other guys.  In a non-sexual way.

I wonder if part of it is him wanting to be considered "cool".  Some, it might I have been you because you usually provide excellent information, said that he was bullied a lot when he was younger (Or at least I thought I read that).  So it makes sense that he would want to feel like he fits in with the cool kids.

You are not the only one.  I was questioning it as well and I think my first post, or one of my first posts, was asking if he was or was not on the spectrum. 

The fans of the show look for things to be offended by.

Aw thanks! Yes Ian told a story how the kids at gym class would throw rocks at him. Dani asked Ian what he did to deserve that.

• Love 1
43 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

I just saw that. I hate to be that person but this isn't that definitive. Considering the next sentence Memphis says, which is "He's so bad at this game", I don't think the slur was what he cut himself off from saying? But it also could be considering the quote that came after your post (that was the one I was looking for proof on because that's definitely more definitive). So I dunno. 

I heard “David is an idiot,” so that first clip is not definitive to me at all, but the “c*** asses” one is clear is a bell. 

Edited to add that according to Wikipedia, “coonass” means this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coonass

A more detailed explanation is here: http://bayoutechedispatches.blogspot.com/2010/08/debunking-alleged-origin-of-word.html

So, “coonass” is a regional expression used to refer to Cajuns of the “lower class.”

And with that, I’m done seeming like I’m defending grumpy old Memphis. I don’t even really like the guy.

Edited by Fallacy
  • Useful 4
  • Love 9

I mean, that accent he’s doing in that clip sounds like the stereotypical white “good ole boy” Louisiana accent. It doesn’t sound like he’s putting on a Black accent. I don’t know what “c*** asses” refers to but that accent doesn’t sound Black, so...

🤷‍♀️

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Dani did something I finally liked she snapped at Nicole because Nicole is whining about Ian for the millionth time. She told Nicole, Ian is not going to tank your game. She also called Ian's behavior ridiculous and she told Kevin and Day not to vote for Ian.  Dani says she is going to yell at Ian tomorrow and say stop threatening Nicole. And goes you know who else I am sick of? Christmas going into every room and annoying everyone.

I don't blame Dani being annoyed at this one bit. I am so tired of Ian's threatening everyone and bitching how he won't do press and he will talk to 3 executive producers. Dude did you think you had a 100% chance of winning?

• Love 12
11 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Oh. Oh. That's a little more definitive. Even if that's a local name... yeesh. 

The fact that Christmas didn't even react is... on brand for everything that she said during her HoH reign. 

Then add to it the way he treated David during his hoh.... It seemed questionable to a lot of people.

I guess people think there's a pattern forming.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Fallacy said:

I heard “David is an idiot,” so that clip is not definitive to me at all.

Exactly. That makes sense. “David is an i-“ vs “David is a ni-.” People are trying to make something out of nothing. 

• Love 10
17 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Even if that's a local name... yeesh. 

That’s not a term of endearment. It’s definitely a racial slur. Maybe a regional one (I live in that part of the country; don’t know if it’s used elsewhere), but it definitely says a lot about Memphis. And not in a good way.

Is it Cody’s birthday? Apparently there is a cake with his face on it and somebody stabbed a knife into the face and left it there? They were joking about who may have done it. Guesses ranged from the Saboteur to the Wall Yeller.

David tried to rearrange the seats in the love room and got yelled at by production. They made him put the chairs back.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, 30 Helens said:

That’s not a term of endearment. It’s definitely a racial slur. Maybe a regional one (I live in that part of the country; don’t know if it’s used elsewhere), but it definitely says a lot about Memphis. And not in a good way.

Is it Cody’s birthday? Apparently there is a cake with his face on it and somebody stabbed a knife into the face and left it there? They were joking about who may have done it. Guesses ranged from the Saboteur to the Wall Yeller.

David tried to rearrange the seats in the love room and got yelled at by production. They made him put the chairs back.

I believe his birthday is in December because that was the conversation that included his thoughts on COVID

3 minutes ago, choclatechip45 said:

Dani did something I finally liked she snapped at Nicole because Nicole is whining about Ian for the millionth time. She told Nicole, Ian is not going to tank your game. She also called Ian's behavior ridiculous and she told Kevin and Day not to vote for Ian.  Dani says she is going to yell at Ian tomorrow and say stop threatening Nicole. And goes you know who else I am sick of? Christmas going into every room and annoying everyone.

I don't blame Dani being annoyed at this one bit. I am so tired of Ian's threatening everyone and bitching how he won't do press and he will talk to 3 executive producers. Dude did you think you had a 100% chance of winning?

I know right... He's acting like a full blown little prima donna princess.

Talk about an ungrateful little piece of shit.... He can thank BB for his $500,000 win and then inviting him back for another chance.... but noooo this twat starts threatening other houseguest and saying he's not doing any press!.. Spitting in CBS's face... No Class whatsoever!

• Love 7
1 minute ago, Joan of Argh said:

I know right... He's acting like a full blown little prima donna princess.

Talk about an ungrateful little piece of shit.... He can thank BB for his $500,000 win and then inviting him back for another chance.... but noooo this twat starts threatening other houseguest and saying he's not doing any press!.. Spitting in CBS's face... No Class whatsoever!

He asked for his contract earlier. 

• Useful 2
14 minutes ago, 30 Helens said:

Thank you. That's what I had assumed (obviously, the start of it is a common slur) but I'd also never heard it before in my corner of Canada.

19 minutes ago, 30 Helens said:

The halfway party was supposed to be today. They typically get a cake with the memory wall pictures on it. There's been drama over past seasons about who eats which face, the time that Jace was left off the cake, someone saving their showmance's face in the freezer. Wow, the end of that started to sound like an episode of Dexter

• LOL 13

So originally Dani told "the house" her target was Tyler which was a lie as the Committee was going to save him. Then Davonne David and Kevin felt like they were going to be clever and "go against the house" to vote out Ian. Now, it's all out in the open that Ian is the actual target. Two questions: how did we get there? at what point did it publicly flip to the committee's desire? and what exactly are day and Kevin wanting to do (with David as aa wild card
?

• Useful 1
9 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

So originally Dani told "the house" her target was Tyler which was a lie as the Committee was going to save him. Then Davonne David and Kevin felt like they were going to be clever and "go against the house" to vote out Ian. Now, it's all out in the open that Ian is the actual target. Two questions: how did we get there? at what point did it publicly flip to the committee's desire? and what exactly are day and Kevin wanting to do (with David as aa wild card
?

I think Dani told Day and Kevin when the feeds went down for a party.

Ian went to the HOH again, Dani didn’t answer lol.

• Useful 1
4 minutes ago, choclatechip45 said:

I think Dani told Day and Kevin when the feeds went down for a party.

Ian went to the HOH again, Dani didn’t answer lol.

Ok got it. I missed all of that. Ian isn't sleeping tonight apparently so he can keep "campaigning."

Nicole was trying hard to get Ian to tell her it’s ok to vote against him, if she knows he’s definitely going. He wouldn’t do it. This annoys me for two reasons: One, it’s very selfish of him to ask a friend to risk her game just to make him feel better. Two, it’s so stupid that one stray vote is seen as disloyalty rather than a kind gesture. New School voting sucks.

49 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

The halfway party was supposed to be today. They typically get a cake with the memory wall pictures on it. There's been drama over past seasons about who eats which face, the time that Jace was left off the cake, someone saving their showmance's face in the freezer. Wow, the end of that started to sound like an episode of Dexter

You’re right, it was a halfway cake. Someone ate Kaysar’s face. And Cody’s face got stabbed. I’m sure there’s a metaphor for the season in there somewhere.

• LOL 8
  • Love 2

Do you think Ian’s current spoiled brat routine is strategy?  If so, it’s clearly not working.  If it’s not a poorly conceived plan of persuasion, I’m embarrassed for him.  In retrospect, I bet they wish they would have blindsided him tomorrow.  

• Love 4

Ian made a hard pitch to David: poured on the flattery, said David reminded him of him in his first season, made a final two commitment in exchange for his vote. David accepted. After he left the room, Ian congratulated himself. “You still got it!”

Cody is spouting frustration to Tyler. He’s mad at Dani for going against his wishes: First with the Tyler nom, then putting up Ian instead of Day. He’s annoyed at Nicole for wanting to throw a pity vote. He’s irritated by David because he doesn’t know what the hell he’s doing. (I think that may be David’s secret power: confusing everybody.) He’s pissed by all the talk of him manipulating people. You can tell when Cody is really angry because the “yo’s” start coming fast and furious. I think he’s clocking about 6 yo’s per minute right now.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 12
1 hour ago, choclatechip45 said:

The feeds keep cutting because he keeps mentioning production and how he won't go to jury!

So is all his bad behaviour simply a result of being put on the block? Is this his first time on the block? I can't remember. 

This season we're seeing a whole different side of Ian, and not a fun one. 

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, Melina22 said:

So is all his bad behaviour simply a result of being put on the block? Is this his first time on the block? I can't remember. 

This season we're seeing a whole different side of Ian, and not a fun one. 

Doing a quick look on Wikipedia, it would seem that this is his second time on the block where he was up for elimination.  He was on the block twice during his first season but he won veto once to take himself down.  The other time was at final four versus Shane.

Edited to add: It was final four not final five like I had previously mentioned.  I needed to point this out because the great Jenn City was eliminated at final five and any chance I get to mention Jenn City, I must do so.

Edited by BK1978
Because it was final four not final five
  • LOL 8

If Nicole wanted Ian as her No1, she should have put him in the alliance. The way she is acting is like she is the popular girl in high school who only wants Ian to help her with homework but doesn't want to include him in her popular group. I am not someone who dislikes Nicole, in the contrary I like her despite some things that annoy me, but in this matter she is wrong and unfair.

• Love 7

Ian said that it's not fair he went from winner to first in jury. 

Not sure what's going on with him but he definitely has some weird entitlement issues.

Enzo tried to tell him (in a pretty nice way) that no matter what he's a champion.

Edited by Growsonwalls
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7

What moves did Ian make to keep himself in a better position to not be first in jury? Oh that's right nothing but talk shit about the people not in power. He has no one but himself to blame and be mad at.

• Love 14
1 hour ago, Growsonwalls said:

Ian said that it's not fair he went from winner to first in jury. 

Not sure what's going on with him but he definitely has some weird entitlement issues.

He had Dan and Boogie watching over him last time.  I remember a conversation between the two where Dan said ‘Are we sure we want to do this?  We will be handing the kid the money.’ Or something of that nature. 

Also last time Ian had outlets that he doesn’t have this time. The hammock.   I think that made/makes all the difference. A Hammock. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

Cody is spouting frustration to Tyler. He’s mad at Dani for going against his wishes: First with the Tyler nom, then putting up Ian instead of Day. He’s annoyed at Nicole for wanting to throw a pity vote. He’s irritated by David because he doesn’t know what the hell he’s doing. (I think that may be David’s secret power: confusing everybody.) He’s pissed by all the talk of him manipulating people. You can tell when Cody is really angry because the “yo’s” start coming fast and furious. I think he’s clocking about 6 yo’s per minute right now.

Why, it's almost as if Cody can't handle it without Derrick there to wrangle the other morons!

24 minutes ago, Ellee said:

He had Dan and Boogie watching over him last time.  I remember a conversation between the two where Dan said ‘Are we sure we want to do this?  We will be handing the kid the money.’ Or something of that nature. 

NO, @Ellee, IAN THRASHED DAN, OKAY? HE WASN'T BEING WATCHED OVER OR PROTECTED BY THE GOAT IN ANY WAY.

• LOL 4
  • Love 8

Gotcha. I'm sure CBS is under the same restrictions that all of us are. The temperature dropped. But there was a car fire on the highway last night so my phone still lists the weather as "smoke." I guess that he can't move it inside either as David got a warning the other day about moving furniture.

9 minutes ago, Alice Mudgarden said:

Why, it's almost as if Cody can't handle it without Derrick there to wrangle the other morons!

NO, @Ellee, IAN THRASHED DAN, OKAY? HE WASN'T BEING WATCHED OVER OR PROTECTED BY THE GOAT IN ANY WAY.

giggling ... Dan could help/assist Ian.   That doesn’t mean Ian knew/saw or appreciated it in any way.  

If I had time and good search skills I’d find the comment.  I like Dan and thought even more of him when he said it.   With that said my memory sometimes sucks so there is that. 

• Love 2

At any point on the feeds this summer, have any of the houseguests talked about how extra extra stupid they will look after the season ends if they never nominate Cody or Nicole for eviction? Every wall yeller and departing houseguests such as Kaysar have been putting these two names on blast for weeks and weeks as being the most protected and still--they are never nominated.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

Rocky Top, TN (Memphis) is up! But he's not wearing his black hoodie today - something must be wrong in the universe.

OK, he's got his hoodie on now. All's right with the world. Rocky Top is chatting with Christmas in her bed. She has her sunglasses on. Rocky Top is on top of the coverings so nothing hinky going on.

Yoyo everyone, Enzo is up wearing a disguise of sunglasses and beanie so no one can recognize him. David is struggling with the gray Linus blanket - he's tangled up in it and is trying to break free. OK, Enzo is snuggling back into bed.

Rocky Top is at the small kitchen table with his cup of coffee, pondering what to do with the million when he gets it. That table is a mess. Just a quiet morning. At first I couldn't tell if the siren was on the feeds or actually outside just a block over from my house. It was in real life a block away.

• LOL 6
4 minutes ago, Lamb18 said:

At first I couldn't tell if the siren was on the feeds or actually outside just a block over from my house. It was in real life a block away.

Don't worry, they'll start soon. 'Twas a late night last night for the no good nicks so they'll need to rest and refuel. Last sirens finished around 4 am PST.

I watched a clip with poor audio of that clip with Memphis and it totally sounds like idiot to me. And not even a start of ID- and stopping. It sounds like a full out "he's an idiot".  people are so ready to bring out the pitch forks this season. 

as for the c*** asses... i've never heard that term before. most names for certain groups of people are not positive.  some people on twitter say some people who consider themselves that are proud of the name, some people it's insulting. do we know he was saying it only in regards to black people? His explanation was that it was the people that talk really fast in that specific area - which I'm pretty sure I've seen both black and white people who would fit that description.   i'd say it's more ignorant for him to say it than racist. but what a bizarre name to come up with in the first place. 

• Love 7

I always thought it was a negative term for black people (which I think I picked up from old movies). Turns out it actually started as  nickname for people in the Whig party whose symbol was a raccoon. Then it went on to describe Davy Crockett types because of there hats before eventually going full on racist apparently because of a Portuguese term for slave. Being as I'm sure Memphis isn't part of the Whig party and probably not a frontier's man, pretty sure he meant black people. And as it's mostly to do with the slave trade, I would assume it's pretty regional.

The more you know.

• Useful 2

In coming across more posts about the "Ni---" incident. People are saying he started to say Nicole. so my ears were totally off as well. But people are saying if putting it into context of what he's saying, it doesnt' make sense for it to be the n word.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, grandmabegum said:

Gotcha. I'm sure CBS is under the same restrictions that all of us are. The temperature dropped. But there was a car fire on the highway last night so my phone still lists the weather as "smoke." I guess that he can't move it inside either as David got a warning the other day about moving furniture.

I think the limiting outside use is more for production to build sets. I do think the wildfires are probably why the veto was inside this week. I remember Bay mentioning that they had one more outside day on her season. For those who remember was the outdoors this restricted last year?

@choclatechip45 I think it's a little of column A a little of column B. Production would have to do physical labor. The HG could just lay around and not exert themselves physically, but the air quality is listed as "Unhealthy Air Quality for Sensitive Groups" which is a downgrade from "Smoke." Last update I got about it was just that it was suggested that we limit time outside. Given they are pretty much on lockdown so they're not in danger of the virus, but the smoke is no fun.

2 minutes ago, grandmabegum said:

@choclatechip45 I think it's a little of column A a little of column B. Production would have to do physical labor. The HG could just lay around and not exert themselves physically, but the air quality is listed as "Unhealthy Air Quality for Sensitive Groups" which is a downgrade from "Smoke." Last update I got about it was just that it was suggested that we limit time outside. Given they are pretty much on lockdown so they're not in danger of the virus, but the smoke is no fun.

That is probably right. Also the sets are more elaborate than they were in BB14. 

I've been one of the people who hasn't been easy on Memphis from the beginning. I think this might be the case of Memphis using a term his own way when he has no clue about the origins. Though not a great term to use, people have to be judged more on intent (which I don't think he had bad intent) and then educated about what they are saying. Same with people and their micro-aggressions. Though some need to be burned at the stake with a scarlet letter R on them not all do.

• Love 5
22 minutes ago, choclatechip45 said:

I think the limiting outside use is more for production to build sets. I do think the wildfires are probably why the veto was inside this week. I remember Bay mentioning that they had one more outside day on her season. For those who remember was the outdoors this restricted last year?

Yes, because they used to do elaborate decoration for each comp. They would cover up the entire backyard. It was pretty ridiculous to be honest. I love that they're going back to basic comp setups.

I think the veto had to be done inside to be in a controlled environment. There probably isn't much wind in the backyard but those tiny cans fell over so easily if you even breathed on them.