Type keyword(s) to search

Season 22 Live Feed Discussion

• Start Topic

Bay and Kevin are arguing if he was floater during his first season. To be fair to Kevin he was in an alliance at the beginning and was forced to float at the end. Also his alliance fell apart because of a twist and someone getting expelled not because they voted out the people they aligned with *ahem Bay*. Bay is going to get in a fight with someone this week she has been very snippy tonight and isn't even nominated. I personally think Day put her in a bad position, but Bay made her own mistakes like telling the house everything Janelle/Kaysar told her.

• Love 4

I see we have reached the inevitable point in the season where Bayleigh self-destructs and takes her allies down with her. I'm sure Tyler already had a mantra going in his head: "Don't say 'good morning' to her. Don't say 'good morning' to her." I really needed her to hold it together but here comes that 2020 energy again. 

• LOL 10
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, Callaphera said:

I see we have reached the inevitable point in the season where Bayleigh self-destructs and takes her allies down with her. I'm sure Tyler already had a mantra going in his head: "Don't say 'good morning' to her. Don't say 'good morning' to her." I really needed her to hold it together but here comes that 2020 energy again. 

We were all rooting for her!

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, choclatechip45 said:

Christmas/Nicole are saying that Kaysar is jealous of Cody because Kaysar told a story about being a sex symbol. 

Yeah, that was pretty stupid. Even in their retelling it was obvious that Kaysar was embarrassed by that, not envious because Cody’s getting that attention now, as they assumed. They also said Kaysar used to compare his body to Cody’s in the back yard. <eye roll>. I hope Kaysar is thanking his lucky stars he’s away from those imbeciles. 

I think Kaysar’s speech, cathartic as it may have been, will actually make things worse for the people he was trying to help. Everyone he was pulling for already had all that information, but now they’ve lost the advantage of people not knowing that they know.  Cody et al have plenty of time to regroup and spin the truth. I think the person who benefited the most from that speech was Memphis, since he was the only one who wasn’t outed. While Cody and Nicole were clearly scowling, Memphis was smiling a little to himself.

• Love 9
6 hours ago, Lamb18 said:

I forgot, they wouldn't do that because the evictees have been out and about in their normal lives and logistically it wouldn't work to pick a house guest to return, then quarantine that person for two weeks. And it would careless not to quarantine the returning house guest.

Exactly plus Julie told them what was really going on in the house and showed them their goodbye messages.

I mean, sure, Grodner sucks. Always has and likely always will. Even when she backs into interesting players, it's often by mistake (you can tell Tyler had her totally fooled in BB20's casting). That said, even with how bad she is, I'm still SHOCKED that she's pulling out "powers" NOW. It's ab-fucking-surd. ABSURD. 

America is not rooting for any of these remaining people, so why would they care if they get a power? Plus, there is still a super big alliance (hopefully dented by Kaysar, but A. unlikely and B. even if it was dented, they still win every HOH, so does it really matter?), so why would you introduce powers NOW?

Even when I think she sucks (which is always), I tend to think Grodner does things that make sense in her own little effed up way (like Battle of the Block. It was awful, but I understood the appeal of having a competition on every episode of the season). 

This, though, for the first time in quite a while (perhaps ever), I don't get her plan her. I don't know what she's thinking about introducing powers into the game NOW, AFTER her two most popular HGs have left and BEFORE the big alliance broke up. It just doesn't make sense.

• Love 10
1 minute ago, Brian Cronin said:

I mean, sure, Grodner sucks. Always has and likely always will. Even when she backs into interesting players, it's often by mistake (you can tell Tyler had her totally fooled in BB20's casting). That said, even with how bad she is, I'm still SHOCKED that she's pulling out "powers" NOW. It's ab-fucking-surd. ABSURD. 

America is not rooting for any of these remaining people, so why would they care if they get a power? Plus, there is still a super big alliance (hopefully dented by Kaysar, but A. unlikely and B. even if it was dented, they still win every HOH, so does it really matter?), so why would you introduce powers NOW?

Even when I think she sucks (which is always), I tend to think Grodner does things that make sense in her own little effed up way (like Battle of the Block. It was awful, but I understood the appeal of having a competition on every episode of the season). 

This, though, for the first time in quite a while (perhaps ever), I don't get her plan her. I don't know what she's thinking about introducing powers into the game NOW, AFTER her two most popular HGs have left and BEFORE the big alliance broke up. It just doesn't make sense.

Yeah at least the "wizard power" in season 11 made things interesting because one big alliance was steamrolling. I still think Jordan gets to the F5 at least without it while Jeff is an early jury boot. I think that's the only twist I've enjoyed because I couldn't stand Natalie/Lydia/Jessie that season. 

• Love 2
Just now, choclatechip45 said:

Yeah at least the "wizard power" in season 11 made things interesting because one big alliance was steamrolling. I still think Jordan gets to the F5 at least without it while Jeff is an early jury boot. I think that's the only twist I've enjoyed because I couldn't stand Natalie/Lydia/Jessie that season. 

Yep, that made sense. Almost all of the rigging makes sense. The rigging for Rachel and Jordan in BB13. The rigging for Frank in BB14. The attempted rigging for Dan in BB14 (with the extra Veto). The rigging  in BB12 for the special power for the Brigade. The Halting Hex in BB19. The saboteur or whatever it was called in BB20. The quasi-rigging for Frankie in BB16 (that one I'm not so sure was actually rigging, but if it was, it made sense). 

This doesn't make sense. 

• Love 3

It seems like we're finally at the messy part of the game where everyone is going to try to cash in on all of their alliances, and their tenuous alliances, and their pinky swears, and insist that they may have had a million other alliances but this one was their real alliance...

The tension is palpable. 

3 minutes ago, Brian Cronin said:

Yep, that made sense. Almost all of the rigging makes sense. The rigging for Rachel and Jordan in BB13. The rigging for Frank in BB14. The attempted rigging for Dan in BB14 (with the extra Veto). The rigging  in BB12 for the special power for the Brigade. The Halting Hex in BB19. The saboteur or whatever it was called in BB20. The quasi-rigging for Frankie in BB16 (that one I'm not so sure was actually rigging, but if it was, it made sense). 

This doesn't make sense. 

I agree it doesn't make sense unless it's going to be you can nominate a third nominee in private since I don't think that would have saved Jaysar. The MVP twist was pretty good as well since it took out all the dudebros it just sucked we were stuck with Aaryn and GinaMarie. Didn't Frankie sort of get screwed with the rewind button? ( I use screwed very very lightly). 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Brian Cronin said:

The only thing I can think is the comp will be rigged for Ian or Kevin or someone to win who will shake the house up.

If it's the type of comp where each person competes privately there's no way of knowing who really won, BB could say anything and hand the powers to whoever they want.

They've done it on BBcanada and turned things upside down.

I don't trust Grodner and her gang.

8 minutes ago, Brian Cronin said:

I wonder if the whole special case of Covid-19 is making it harder to change plans on the fly. Whether it's because it requires extra builds, or supplies, or their staff is bare bones. To me, just dropping in a little Coup de Janelle & Kaysar couldn't have needed that many resources, but it's the only way I can explain it. I mean, they've changed whole competitions before to help their favorites. The game is just going to be run how it was planned from the beginning. Which, on one hand, finally. But, also, on the other hand, came in a terrible season where it seems like every viewer was on the same page. And, I feel like I was owed this! I suffered through Rachel winning BB13 and I expect something in return!

29 minutes ago, 30 Helens said:

I think Kaysar’s speech, cathartic as it may have been, will actually make things worse for the people he was trying to help. Everyone he was pulling for already had all that information, but now they’ve lost the advantage of people not knowing that they know.  Cody et al have plenty of time to regroup and spin the truth. I think the person who benefited the most from that speech was Memphis, since he was the only one who wasn’t outed. While Cody and Nicole were clearly scowling, Memphis was smiling a little to himself.

Well, it's kind of Bayleigh/Ian/Da'Vonne/Kevin's fault because they were begging him to do it. Even when he said he didn't think it would help him or them, it was their brilliant plan to "weaponize" him - to the point that they felt entitled to a "favor" in return for them treating him/Janelle like garbage for weeks. 

• Love 14
4 minutes ago, mooses said:

Well, it's kind of Bayleigh/Ian/Da'Vonne/Kevin's fault because they were begging him to do it. Even when he said he didn't think it would help him or them, it was their brilliant plan to "weaponize" him - to the point that they felt entitled to a "favor" in return for them treating him/Janelle like garbage for weeks. 

I really wish he would've blown everyone's shit up before leaving. Expose the alliances and then expose the jerkoffs who begged him to do so, because quite frankly, fuck these people. They aren't entitled to any help from him whatsoever.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 12

Ian was just talking to Nicole about quitting. Something about his moral compass not allowing him to play against friends, and he didn’t know if he could continue. Cut to stars before I could get the full gist.

• LOL 1
1 minute ago, 30 Helens said:

Ian was just talking to Nicole about quitting. Something about his moral compass not allowing him to play against friends, and he didn’t know if he could continue. Cut to stars before I could get the full gist.

Yeah, but you were a much better player than Dan. Suuuuure, buddy.

• LOL 9
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, choclatechip45 said:

I agree it doesn't make sense unless it's going to be you can nominate a third nominee in private since I don't think that would have saved Jaysar. The MVP twist was pretty good as well since it took out all the dudebros it just sucked we were stuck with Aaryn and GinaMarie. Didn't Frankie sort of get screwed with the rewind button? ( I use screwed very very lightly). 

The Frankie twist, as controversial as he was, screwed him and I think us because I think at that point he was ready to battle Derrick. It's all fuzzy now. 

I can't take a week of Sumgness and her greatness for winning a comp by default. If a wall yeller and a banner plane can't get rid of Nicole F, I don't know what else needs to happen. Maybe the ants can carry her to the BB basement and keep her there off feeds until it's time for her and Cody to go to F2. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

I am certain that I need help. I woke up this morning and my first thought was "damn Day was so close to winning that HOH".

So now I am comforting myself by thinking she probably would have done something dumb like nominate Bay to prove they aren't close.

In summary this season sucks.

• Love 8
22 minutes ago, Yogisbooboo64 said:

Anyone have the gif of Florida Evans smashing the punchbowl and wailing "DAMN, DAMN, DAMN!!"?  I sure could use it right about now.

tenor.gif

12 minutes ago, Ellee said:

Is everyone thinking that this twist will be two bad things and one good thing?

Yea, I've been wondering if there will be bad things too. I do't think the way Julie explained it points that way though.

1 minute ago, Melina22 said:

At this point any twist is a good twist, if only because it breaks up the boredom and holds out the faint possibility of something unexpected happening. 

True but like everything in this season turns to shit even if it seems like it could be good so this twist will be no different.

I have no doubt the 3 power winners will not include Bay/Day/Kevin, who are the only ones who would do something to change anything. And even with them, it's questionable lol.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

The only thing I can think is the comp will be rigged for Ian or Kevin or someone to win who will shake the house up.

If it's the type of comp where each person competes privately there's no way of knowing who really won, BB could say anything and hand the powers to whoever they want.

They've done it on BBcanada and turned things upside down.

I don't trust Grodner and her gang.

Well Grodner and her team loved Season 16 and were showing that shitfest season to new HGS for years. And who came from that season? Cody and Nicole. I basically have no doubt in my mind AG would love to have Cody win so 3 winners cane from that POS season or Nicole win so the first 2 time winner came from that season

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

I'm going to be saying Damn in my Florida Evans voice all day today. 

Wasn't a competition in the dark David's downfall? Maybe it will be rigged to be his redemption story and then he can muck up the season even more.

Edited by keke23
42 minutes ago, Melina22 said:

At this point any twist is a good twist, if only because it breaks up the boredom and holds out the faint possibility of something unexpected happening. 

With these new school players, though, that’s like trying to change the course of a river by damming it with a single rock; they create a kind of boring, stale juggernaut of a game inertia which resists change at any turn.  Singular attempts to change the game’s direction are as ineffective as one quick jerk on a semi’s steering wheel - and I think the House is already overwhelmed with quick jerks as it is.

6 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

FTFY

• Love 4

David, Christmas, Ian and Dani are up, but I do not see Fort Pillow, TN (Memphis).  Cams 3/4 are showing people asleep. Fort Pillow is probably in the living room, getting ready for Mornings with Memphis. 

Oops the person I thought was Ian is actually Kevin. (Cam 2 makes people in the distance very small.) And Christmas puts peanut butter on her eggs.

47 minutes ago, Nashville said:

With these new school players, though, that’s like trying to change the course of a river by damming it with a single rock; they create a kind of boring, stale juggernaut of a game inertia which resists change at any turn.

This. The "new style" of 'don't go against the HOH, isolate the nominees, vote in a housewide bloc, and wait' may win you the game but it's utterly anti-television in that it's dull, predictable and, to borrow Dani's words, distasteful and disrespectful. Alliances are made, plots are laid, but it's all talk, no one actually DOES anything. Maybe they should play two-thirds of the game completely off-air and not start the broadcast and the feeds until there are only 6 constestants left? Because the 'new style' BB may be a great education in how to form & sustain a cult, but that's not the silly, trashy summer fun I tune in for.

Edited by Gummo
  • Love 18
38 minutes ago, Nashville said:

With these new school players, though, that’s like trying to change the course of a river by damming it with a single rock; they create a kind of boring, stale juggernaut of a game inertia which resists change at any turn.

I'm still glad of the twist for whatever entertainment value it may hold, but honestly, this is a beautiful sentence, and I can't disagree with you. 

28 minutes ago, Lamb18 said:

And Christmas puts peanut butter on her eggs.

Ewwwww. No wonder I don't like her 😬

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
21 minutes ago, Dmarie019 said:

Animals are now on so I wonder if they’re doing the basement thing. 

Wait .... Guessing how far in the basement the ratings are this season??  I haven’t been reading this morning. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

I wonder if they'll be having a double eviction soon?  Most likely it would be two of the four not in the big alliance who would go, mercy killing in my opinion, even if these four could win a power I predict they'd go running to the Douche Alliance to tell them what to do with it.  At least with double eviction nights, the main players would have to start picking each other off sooner rather than later.  I only watch the eviction night episodes now, as these people are as dull as dirty dishwater.

6 minutes ago, Nashville said:

Any chance they’ll leave them there?  😆

Ha, I was just thinking maybe the twist is locking them all down there and starting over with a new cast or the evicted HGs. Expect the (un)expected!

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
11 hours ago, hhawks said:

Happy Holiday should have told Tyler that she won this because nobody picked her in the competition, and then Day blew her HOH chance.  The fourth of July literally did nothing.

I think “Happy Holiday” is my favorite name.  👏 

• Love 3

I assume one of these powers are going to have the ability to affect nominations considering how early they're doing it. Bayleigh/Da'Vonne might not be so set in stone after all.

Maybe a "secretly name a nomination" twist? 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Gummo said:

This. The "new style" of 'don't go against the HOH, isolate the nominees, vote in a housewide bloc, and wait' may win you the game but it's utterly anti-television in that it's dull, predictable and, to borrow Dani's words, distasteful and disrespectful. Alliances are made, plots are laid, but it's all talk, no one actually DOES anything. Maybe they should play two-thirds of the game completely off-air and not start the broadcast and the feeds until there are only 6 constestants left? Because the 'new style' BB may be a great education in how to form & sustain a cult, but that's not the silly, trashy summer fun I tune in for.

That TV Guide article talked about this and said it was Derrick who ushered in the groupthink bs. I actually don't remember much of S16 though. This crappy season has made me decide to watch BB from the beginning. I started during S5 and I know the first couple seasons are supposed to be boring, but at least it has an excuse unlike this. I gotta say, the 1980s cheese vibe is very weird considering it was shot in 2000.

4 minutes ago, Shorty186 said:

That TV Guide article talked about this and said it was Derrick who ushered in the groupthink bs. I actually don't remember much of S16 though. This crappy season has made me decide to watch BB from the beginning. I started during S5 and I know the first couple seasons are supposed to be boring, but at least it has an excuse unlike this. I gotta say, the 1980s cheese vibe is very weird considering it was shot in 2000.

But if you start at 5 you will miss Danielle R- one of the best players and one of the best alliances. And really you have to watch 2 for Dr Will. It’s like history- it may not be pretty- it may be controversial- but you need to know it for a point of reference.   

• Love 9
54 minutes ago, Alice Mudgarden said:

What in the name of all that is holy

Peanut butter on eggs???  Nothing holy about THAT.  That shit would make Elvis gag.

4 minutes ago, mooses said:

I assume one of these powers are going to have the ability to affect nominations considering how early they're doing it. Bayleigh/Da'Vonne might not be so set in stone after all.

Maybe a "secretly name a nomination" twist? 

Personally, I would love a “nom boomerang” type of power; something like if the person winning the power is named as a nom, then (a) the HoH’s noms are automatically voided and (b) the winner has the power to name two replacement noms. Basically, a DPoV on steroids.

4 minutes ago, Shorty186 said:

That TV Guide article talked about this and said it was Derrick who ushered in the groupthink bs.

Frankly, I disagree with that portion of the TV guide article; if I remember correctly, it was the BB15 crowd – primarily Amanda Zuckerman - who did the first strong push towards the House groupthink ethos.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, CrazyDog said:

Ha, I was just thinking maybe the twist is locking them all down there and starting over with a new cast or the evicted HGs. Expect the (un)expected!

Personally, I was thinking something more Saw-ish; lock ‘em up with a giant bucket of slop and a knife, and say, “Eat what you want, but only the last HG standing gets out.”  Dani should be emerging with a bloody knife in about a week, ‘cause DAMN if anybody is making THAT basic bitch take another bite of slop in THIS lifetime.

• LOL 7

I'm confused how these people are considered All-Stars? I stopped watching around season 8 for numerous reasons (Rig Brother for Eval Dick being primary), but being quarantined and looking to see what Janelle and Kaysar were up to, I decided to give this another shot. I'm also not the type to look through rose-colored glasses and say the old way of doing things was better, but this show is all kinds of awful. I mean, that eviction speech by Christmas (is that really her name?) was infantile garbage I'd expect from a kindergartener.  I've never watched a show where I couldn't find a single person to root for, but this show is something else. It's like they cancelled The Real World and now all these useless famewhores have found a new place to squat. 2020 keeps on crushing it. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 13

As I've said before, it's because they don't really understand what's wrong with the show. They see that something isn't working and that ratings are down and that it's not very interesting . . . but they just chalk it up to the formula being stale so they keep trying to throw newer and newer "twists" into the game thinking that will make it fresh. Survivor has the same problem. 

It's the cast that's the problem. They need to go back to the drawing board and stop casting the exact same type of people every single season. This year the problem is doubled because it's not just the same types, it's actually the same people. 

How they didn't see this coming, I don't know. But I think they could have avoided it if they had structured it differently. They could have forced them into sub-groups, for example, which would have spoiled all their pregame plans.

Edited by iMonrey
  • Love 16