Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E13: There's No Place Like Rome

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

ETA: But Denise does seem to be changing her story about how often she talks to Brandi. First she's only talked to her a few times, then it's well, no Brandi was saying that stuff about YOU guys, then it's "I don't talk to her all of the time." So she does seem to be not totally forthcoming about her relationship with Brandi, whatever it may be. 

Face it.  The producers are pissed at Denise.  They showed over and over her lying about talking to Brandi.  Everybody seems to blame Kyle but I really believe the producers are the ones who brought Brandi in to go after Denise.  Maybe because of the Bravo Bravo Bravo thing she keeps doing.  I don't know, they just don't like her.  Period!

• Useful 3
  • Love 19
2 hours ago, Kiki777 said:

She may be the youngest but is somehow the Sophia Petrillo of the group.  Someone get her a little straw handbag to carry around.

Haha. Actually Estelle Getty, the lady that played Sophia was the youngest of all of them, so it actually makes a lot a sense. 

Teddi kind of reminds me of Carol from Growing Pains. Really proud of herself and reminding everyone why she was superior to Mike.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 10
  • Love 5

Rinna's dinner hair looked like total shit. Kyle and Denise tied for second place shit hair and Sutton came in third. Slicked down hair flatters the youngs in natural lighting and did nothing for Denise or Kyle in that scene. Denise looked haggard and in need of a shampoo, Kyle's slicked back hair and harsh lip color were stank. Sutton's limp, flat hair never does her any favors, she needs a more flattering cut. Dorit and Erika as usual were done up like caricatures. Dorit, thanks to her joolry and accessory fixation, was decked out like a Christmas tree. Garcelle looked stunning, as always. Was Teddi there? LOL

THIS is how they presented for dinner in an upscale restaurant in Rome fucking Italy? 

• LOL 6
  • Love 6

Hey! I have Hunter ‘rain boots’, although I call them Wellington boots! (Aussie here). I live in a wine making region so I kinda play dress up with my country girl boots 😆. I justify them because it can get cold here and I do need to feed our 4 chickens and bring wood in for our fire (although I live close enough to our city to wear high heels too! Oh, the stereotype!). They are quite narrow in the leg, so if you don’t have someone to help you get them off (they kind of get a suction thing happening 🤔), the trick is to put your feet into plastic bags inside the boots! Tip from horsey people!

• Useful 3
  • Love 18

We saw Denise talking shit about some of the others on a car ride when she was drunk (with Garcelle and Lisa I think) - not hard to imagine her doing the same with Brandi. Could be Denise was too drunk to remember.

(I could see Bravo suggesting that Brandi earn a spot on the show by bringing the goods on Denise - thus, the blog interview excuse for something else, and the giant knife in the back.)

Edited by nexxie
  • Love 12

I’m hate watching this show at this point. I’m tired of the seasonal pile on, last time LVP, this time Denise. I was mainly watching for the views of Rome. 
Question: what was the outcome of the lawsuit between  Brandi and Joanna Krupa?  

• Love 16
8 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

So, I guess that narrows the pool of people from the show Brandi could have been referring to when she said they had slept together.

I think that is what Kyle was saying- Brandi could only be referring to either Kyle or Rinna because she only knows the two of them. And by process of elimination, she'd be referring to Rinna since the antipathy between Kyle and Brandi over Kim prior to this season was well-known.

• Love 11
6 hours ago, swankie said:

Face it.  The producers are pissed at Denise.  They showed over and over her lying about talking to Brandi.  Everybody seems to blame Kyle but I really believe the producers are the ones who brought Brandi in to go after Denise.  Maybe because of the Bravo Bravo Bravo thing she keeps doing.  I don't know, they just don't like her.  Period!

Oh I totally agree with this. Production really has an issue with her. They haven't hesitated in showing any inconsistency in her comments this season. 

• Love 14

Everyone ordering bland overcooked salmon in Italy!  Every damn trip is wasted on these vanilla women, eating like the Italians and enjoy the city for something other than the shopping (although it is sublime to be able to enjoy the stores), I can still taste the green salt encrusted fish from Pier Luigi, and the fish displays in the restaurants, oh well why waste good food when all they came for was to pile on a cast member. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 20

reading these post looks like I didn't miss anything by not watching this train wreck anymore ..lol Just the same game of round and round that has been playing since the season started lol .. they need to stop picking on ONE subject to harp on for a full season or add in some other interesting drama into the mix along with it cause it gets old and boring super fast ... Thank God Potomac is back is all I am saying lol

• Love 11
11 hours ago, Kiki777 said:

Why does Kyle bring up Brandi’s past lawsuit as a reason to believe her?  Does Brandi strike anyone as a person who would learn from her mistakes?  She is a lying, fame-hungry drunk.

Because having Brandi somehow now being the beacon of truth suits her purpose of deflecting all negative attention that was heading her way early in the season to Demise.

• Love 22
37 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

As much as the producers might talk into the women's ears about Denise, Brandi, etc., they still chose to go this route.  Everything we are seeing in regards to this story from Brandi is something the women chose to put out there.  I refuse to absolve them of these choices.  Production wants drama, and this is the route the women chose.  They could have provided other drama.  

Agree!  They are adults!  They can make their own decisions!  They can have ethics but they choose not to.

• Love 12
12 hours ago, Choco9 said:

Fuck yea Garcelle went in on Rinna with the dancing bullshit THANK YOU QUEEN!

There is nothing more obnoxious than Rinna's IG dancing and near nude photo's. We get it Rinna, you don't eat, your dance moves are from the 80's and  yes, you have an incredible banging body. Enough. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 17
8 hours ago, swankie said:

Agreed and it's likely the same reason they went after LVP.   The only way they get the cast to go for it is the money.  How they get the viewers on board is mystery, oh, wait.........they don't. Except for the celebrity fans who kiss Andy's behind and I suppose they are paid too.  One way or the other. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 15
7 hours ago, bravofan27 said:

Haha. Actually Estelle Getty, the lady that played Sophia was the youngest of all of them, so it actually makes a lot a sense. 

Teddi kind of reminds me of Carol from Growing Pains. Really proud of herself and reminding everyone why she was superior to Mike.

I had heard that too, but I looked it up recently, and actually Rue Mcclanahan (Blanche) was the youngest of the GG actresses.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

I was team Denise until this ep. Saying that Brandi said she has slept with every female she knows and has slept with someone at the table. C'mon Denise. Blatant bullshit there, too little too late, deflecting, what ever you want to call it didn't do anything for her innocent act. The reason she will never admit to sleeping with Brandi is because she doesn't want Aaron to know and will never admit it to anyone. Otherwise, I don't think anybody would give a rats ass who she slept with. 

With that said, still hate Brandi for bringing it up in the first place. 

• Love 12
10 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Does Dorit return all the clothing she wears on this show? Is she using Rent the Runway? How could she pay for all of this? (I sound like Garcelle.)

I have a feeling that Dorit gets clothing and accessories "on loan", so that she can post photos on her Instagram and credit the designer and/or the shop that she borrowed from.  I don't know how many followers she has, but many social media influencers do this.  If someone has a fair amount of followers, it's kind of like free advertising for the designer, etc.  That is the reason that Dorit is always late for events, because she HAS to post those ridiculous photos of herself wearing these things.  And, she probably does the photos and hash-tagging prior to the taping of the event, just in case the scene doesn't make it on air because of editing.

I remember reading an article about how designers will loan couture dresses to celebrities to walk the red carpets at awards events, etc.  Many times, the dresses are returned unwearable, but the mention of the designer's name on all the red carpet events ("Who are you wearing?" -- "Who designed your dress?".....Joan Rivers always asked that, and everyone else does now, too) was worth the loss of the garment.

Kyle gets perturbed about this, not just because Dorit is always late, but probably because Kyle actually buys all or most of her own clothes and accessories.  I can't say that I don't disagree with Kyle in this respect. 

Dorit is a phony, fronting this fabulous life and wardrobe, when the clothes/accessories are probably returned soon after the event.  

Edited by njbchlover
  • Useful 9
  • Love 9
26 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

I have a feeling that Dorit gets clothing and accessories "on loan", so that she can post photos on her Instagram and credit the designer and/or the shop that she borrowed from.  I don't know how many followers she has, but many social media influencers do this.  If someone has a fair amount of followers, it's kind of like free advertising for the designer, etc.  That is the reason that Dorit is always late for events, because she HAS to post those ridiculous photos of herself wearing these things.

I remember reading an article about how designers will loan couture dresses to celebrities to walk the red carpets at awards events, etc.  Many times, the dresses are returned unwearable, but the mention of the designer's name on all the red carpet events ("Who are you wearing?" -- "Who designed your dress?".....Joan Rivers always asked that, and everyone else does now, too)

Kyle gets perturbed about this, not just because Dorit is always late, but probably because Kyle actually buys all her own clothes and accessories.  I can't say that I don't disagree with Kyle in this respect. 

Dorit is a phony, fronting this fabulous life and wardrobe, when the clothes/accessories are probably returned soon after the event.  

Dorit tends to wear the most obvious designer duds, the stuff dripping with logos.  I also think she gets these items gratis or loaned for her to wear and post on Instagram.  It does look like she is becoming an influencer, which is work.  Successful influencers put in a lot of behind the scenes work in order to get that perfect shot or video.  Kyle is flat out jealous of Dorit probably because no designer is asking her to model for them.  

Also, the whole "late" think with the housewives shows always rankles me.  It is so obvious that each lady is given a different time to be ready by production to manufacture drama.  It happens on each franchise.

Edited by Ohiopirate02
  • Love 14
8 hours ago, swankie said:

I for one believe people should have the right to eat their food the way they like it.  I get that from people sometimes too and for the life of me don't understand why my food preference annoys them.  I give Kyle a pass on this one.  You like it the way you like it.  It's as simple as that. 

I don’t like slimy salmon.   I like mine “well done,” too!  😁

Edited by Thumper
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I feel like they had a producer wait on them. She seemed very American and didn’t miss a beat “admitting” that she brought them an empty bread dish.

But I liked her, too!

Interesting. I noticed she took their intricate drink orders without writing anything down. So being a fake wait person aka production plant makes sense.

• Love 9

I think the only person that cares if Denise got it on with Brandi is Aaron. They may have a kinky sex life, but I bet Denise cheated with Brandi after lying to her about having an open marriage. Denise got caught, and now her marriage is rocky. I like Denise but she is terrible liar. 

Did Sutton actually cry because a dress didn’t fit her?! 

Garcelle calling out Rinna for flaunting her body on Instagram ( when she has a daughter with an eating disorder) was the absolute best. Garcelle is my new favorite HW!! 

• Love 8
21 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Dorit tends to wear the most obvious designer duds, the stuff dripping with logos.  I also think she gets these items gratis or loaned for her to wear and post on Instagram.  It does look like she is becoming an influencer, which is work.  Successful influencers put in a lot of behind the scenes work in order to get that perfect shot or video.  Kyle is flat out jealous of Dorit probably because no designer is asking her to model for them.  

Also, the whole "late" think with the housewives shows always rankles me.  It is so obvious that each lady is given a different time to be ready by production to manufacture drama.  It happens on each franchise.

Ha!  this very moment Ramona is on Twitter saying the  girls are an hour late for the reunion taping.  Comments are "she probably has to leave to go on date"  "ramona is an hour early, so she can leave an hour early"  

• LOL 4
  • Love 4

I haven't been a Denise fan previously, but, this season has been ridiculous.  The pile on is crazy and insulting, but, the biggest crock of chips is the portrayal of Brandi, which literally makes me a little ill.  Plus, I'm ticked at the show for such an obvious set up.  Just so hurtful and for no real reason.  I do not believe anything Brandi says, she's pathetic and loathsome, but, I do have a question.  What exactly does Denise admit to regarding Brandi?  I heard her describe agreeing to meet Brandi out of town for a podcast and Brandi came and spent the night?  Did she say that Brandi stayed in her suite?  I'm trying to wrap my brain around why Denise gave this woman the time of day, UNLESS Bravo had required it.  Did Denise not realize Brandi's reputation?  The lawsuits? 

Spoiler

It was common knowledge that Brandi's ex-boyfriend J, who worked for Mauricio, broke up with her, due to her making certain accusations about Mauricio.  Reportedly, a cease and desist letter was sent by the realtor's attorney.  I'll try to find a link for it. This was a couple of years ago. but, it should have been before this podcast trip occurred.  Plus, Brandi saying what she did about Adrienne's children, that caused legal action and Adrienne leaving the show.  

I'm just trying to figure out why Denise let a cobra in the kitchen door. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • LOL 4
  • Love 14
9 hours ago, swankie said:

I for one believe people should have the right to eat their food the way they like it.  I get that from people sometimes too and for the life of me don't understand why my food preference annoys them.  I give Kyle a pass on this one.  You like it the way you like it.  It's as simple as that. 

As someone who orders even fancy burgers well done (I've taken way too many foodservice sanitation classes, lol), I agree.  The foodie in me would say to eat it as it is prepared by a world class chef and then decide if well done is still your speed, but at the end of the day, it doesn't affect me in the slightest.  There are much more pressing worries about these women related to food, most notably, their disordered approach to it.  (Exception of Erika, the queen of Pumpkin Pie Breakfast).

I don't hate Teddi as much as people here do.  I actually think she doesn't care if Denise hooked up with Brandi, she kept bringing up what Brandi said Denise said about her when she and Denise had supposedly buried the hatchet at the party, and Denise telling her she had no beef with her.  I think that was what was hard for her to reconcile in who to believe-someone that doesn't have a dog in her fight (Brandi) but is a wretched human being, or someone that she feels hasn't liked her and is being disingenuous at every opportunity to come clean or clear the air.

• Love 9
47 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I don't know!  After reading @njbchlover's post, I went to check, and Kyle has 3 million Instagram followers while Dorit has 1 million.

34 minutes ago, Juliegirlj said:

To me that's very relatable.  I know so many women who have been there, even my skinniest friends!

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Miss Bones said:

I had heard that too, but I looked it up recently, and actually Rue Mcclanahan (Blanche) was the youngest of the GG actresses.

What? That fact intrigued me as a kid. I'll  have to talk to my mom about this. LOL

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
28 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I don't know!  After reading @njbchlover's post, I went to check, and Kyle has 3 million Instagram followers while Dorit has 1 million.

To me that's very relatable.  I know so many women who have been there, even my skinniest friends!

It's not about the number of followers but about what you can get for free.  While I don't think Kyle is as big of a label whore as Dorit or Erika, I do think she gets jealous whenever anyone around her gets something for free and she does not.  Most likely another holdover from her childhood and Big Kathy.  

• Love 9

I hate this whole thing to be honest. I am a Teddi fan and I think she was wrong to blurt out the hook-up on camera. I believe something happened between Denise and Brandi because of Denise's reaction. Also, her past comments do not make it sound far-fetched. However, it does not need to be a storyline or topic of discussion on the show. We have spent the whole season arguing with Denise who for all intents and purposes is relatively harmless (despite her horrible taste in men; see Aaron and Charlie). I just think it's dumb. I am bored lol. 

• Love 15
1 hour ago, Juliegirlj said:

There is no such thing as haute couture not fitting Sutton, she has enough money to get any designer to tailor it to her.  That said, I have stood in a dressing room at Banana Republic hating me, hating the pants that look so bad on me and hating the tiny, young salesgirl that "helped me," so I get Sutton's frustration but she can get the clothes to fit her. 

Sutton should cry about the suburban housewife in Baltimore that cannot afford Dolce & Gabanna clothing, it is truly heartbreaking, lol.

• LOL 12
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I’m impressed that Garcelle said she wouldn’t dance in her underwear on Instagram if her daughter had body issues. (Did Rinna not own it? Wha, huh?)

About time someone on the show mentioned that.

Looks like Kyle's already starting to skate on the rumor being put out there. Garcelle mentioned Denise having every right to be pissed at Lisa and Teddi (which she does), but no mention of Kyle. I still think Kyle's been playing Teddi like a fiddle in getting the rumor out there, knowing how close Teddi was to agreeing to expose Door-it last year. Glad that Denise recognized Lisa was instrumental in pushing Teddi to reveal the rumor, when (IMHO) all Teddi intended to expose were the two-faced insults.

Denise's comeback that Brandi confessed to hooking up with another HW was the same weak-ass attempt at deflecting bullshit that Lisa did in Hong Kong when she tried to get back at Door-it's pill comment with the coke party allegation.

I'm almost postiive that Sutton simply misspoke and meant months when she said 2 years ago she heard the rumor. In the talking head last week, she mentioned she'd heard several months back from a friend about Brandi and Denise, and 24+ months is not what I'd consider "several."

Door-it is every bit as insufferable as I thought she'd be with the Italian and the glamming. I much prefer Sutton's type of pretentiousness. I'm not sure I agree with Door-it that she's been such a great friend to Kyle. I absolutely believe she intended to target Kyle this season until Kyle deflected the attention onto Denise.

Edited by dmeets
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8

“I didn’t ask; I don’t have to.”

Fuck off Sutton - the second you spend all your ex-husband’s money you’ll have to beg - and then your tears will be about more than another ugly outfit.

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
18 minutes ago, Legalbeagle421 said:

I hate this whole thing to be honest. I am a Teddi fan and I think she was wrong to blurt out the hook-up on camera. I believe something happened between Denise and Brandi because of Denise's reaction. Also, her past comments do not make it sound far-fetched. However, it does not need to be a storyline or topic of discussion on the show. We have spent the whole season arguing with Denise who for all intents and purposes is relatively harmless (despite her horrible taste in men; see Aaron and Charlie). I just think it's dumb. I am bored lol. 

I think her husband is an alpha-male asshole but I agree Denise herself is mostly harmless. I don't think she's the greatest thing since sliced bread but I don't dislike her, either. But I think production has some sort of real issue with her, so I wonder if she isn't more of a nightmare behind the scenes?

FWIW, Teddi is the only one of these women that I think I could stand being around in real life. 

4 minutes ago, Sweet-tea said:

She is in Italy and knows the language. What is wrong with her speaking it?  I've been to Italy and my impression was the Italians appreciate when we use their language. I'm not really a Dorit fan but don't understand this criticism of her. 

There's nothing wrong with her using it. But her ostentatious use of it - complete with over-exaggerated pronunciations - is just another example of her pretentiousness. Your mileage may vary and all that. 

• Love 6

When Erika said she lives for Italian men, food and cars, I thought maybe Denise wasn’t the only one having an affair - but then I remembered “Girardi,” her pouting husband.

• LOL 12
  • Love 1
13 minutes ago, Sweet-tea said:

She is in Italy and knows the language. What is wrong with her speaking it?  I've been to Italy and the Italians appreciate when we use their language. I'm not really a Dorit fan but don't understand this criticism of her. 

My personal issue with it, aside from the fact that she's insufferable in general, is she's over the top about it and clearly sees it an opportunity to prove she's more cultured than the others. More so in the talking heads. Granted I don't speak Italian but I haven't heard it so over-exaggerated before. Like she's an imitation of someone saying "it's a spicy-a meat-a-ball." And shit like looking down on someone ordering a margarita when in Italy, but it's okay to order a vodka tonic since she orders it in Italian. It's not as bad when she speaks it in restaurants but her attitude about it ("I lived in Italy, look at me I'm so cultured! Not like Kyle!") is grating. I don't recall her making any sort of effort to learn and speak the language in France, or Hong Kong, likely because she wouldn't be fluent enough to impress.

Edited by dmeets
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, 65mickey said:

I'm with you on not liking  salmon. To me it's tastes too strong and fishy no matter how you cook it. 

Atlantic Salmon is foul.  If you can get fresh caught in the Pacific Northwest it is really good.  

• Love 4
16 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

Dorit’s outfit was so wrong that it was right, and the hair was very cute in a Sandy-at-the-end-of-Grease kind of way, but the lateness was so rude that the entire outfit actually lost its appeal.  I commented last season that Dorit can get away with fashion that Bethenny Frankel couldn’t get away with, because Dorit makes it look like fun, whereas Bethenny makes everything look like work.  When Dorit is this late, it takes any type of effortlessness out of the equation, and she just looks like a late, vain asshole to me.  

I heard someone say "I don't think it was worth it" in response to "it better be worth it" (referring to the reveal of Dorit's dinner outfit after the long wait) and that laid me out laughing.  I am pretty sure that came from Garcelle.

• LOL 14
  • Love 6

And shit like looking down on someone ordering a margarita when in Italy, but it's okay to order a vodka tonic since she orders it in Italian

She was clearly kidding. JFC there are lots of really good dog dumping reasons to hate Dorit, but I'm finding her overall pretty funny and self aware this year including the overdone Italian. 

• Love 17
4 hours ago, AttackTurtle said:

Because having Brandi somehow now being the beacon of truth suits her purpose of deflecting all negative attention that was heading her way early in the season to Demise.

Yes - remember how weird Kyle was acting in the first few episodes?  At the time I was wondering if something was wrong between Mauricio and her.  But he's still absent and she has cheered up greatly, so now I think he's just laying low and she's pleased to have the upper hand again with the ladies.

1 hour ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

FWIW, Teddi is the only one of these women that I think I could stand being around in real life. 

Haha I can't stand her on the show but in real life I think you're right.  I could do a potluck dinner in a house that opens up onto the beach.  She's just not made for reality tv.  After everyone ruined her potluck and spurned her spa party, she's decided that this is how to stay relevant.  But she's not doing herself any favors.  Conversely, I don't mind Rinna that much on the show - somebody has to be the asshole.  But I'd dislike her the most in real life.

1 hour ago, dmeets said:

My personal issue with it, aside from the fact that she's insufferable in general, is she's over the top about it and clearly sees it an opportunity to prove she's more cultured than the others. More so in the talking heads. Granted I don't speak Italian but I haven't heard it so over-exaggerated before. Like she's an imitation of someone saying "it's a spicy-a meat-a-ball." And shit like looking down on someone ordering a margarita when in Italy, but it's okay to order a vodka tonic since she orders it in Italian. It's not as bad when she speaks it in restaurants but her attitude about it ("I lived in Italy, look at me I'm so cultured! Not like Kyle!") is grating. I don't recall her making any sort of effort to learn and speak the language in France, or Hong Kong, likely because she wouldn't be fluent enough to impress.

She could have at least talked with a French or Chinese accent! 😄 

• LOL 5
  • Love 1