Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

I have to say though, not exactly in Tamara's defense, just in general, that was the strangest conversation. Is Ryan engaged or have they just set a date they'll use if they are still together? What was that about?

"Oh no. If we were getting married you'd know because of all the planning. Anyway we met three minutes ago on Instagram and my kids love him because Ryan is such a great guy. And remember how we're not engaged? The wedding is in 9 months in Sacramento. Are we engaged? Well I don't know if I would call it an engagement but we've signed contracts with several wedding vendors and I've picked out a dress. Nice to meet you. Let's all cry and hug. I love you more than my dead mommy!" I can only imagine what thanksgiving is like with them.

• Love 14
(edited)

AND when she was throwing her hissy fit during the dinner with Ryan's fiance, she actually said "Shoot me." 

WHAT?  Are you f-ing kidding me? 

WTF?

Screw dinner, I'm going to rewatch NOW!   ETA:  Yes she did.  When she went off to get a drink she said "shoot me". 

Caught a glimpse of new footage for next week - Lizzie's lonely birthday celebration.  Where no one shows up.  Lizzie tells Tamra "Vicki said you just didn't want to come."  And there's ET neck with mouth wide opened.  So does this send her running down the hall screaming?  Hee.  I heart Lizzie now.

Edited by Lablover27
  • Love 3
(edited)

For some reason, my posts don't always show up.

Anyway, wow. Just finished the episode and have to say that Tamra is one of the most frightening people I have ever seen on reality television.  I've known she was scum since naked wasted, etc. etc. but her face during those drunken diatribes are just too scary to watch.  That is one sick puppy.  If I were her ex, I'd lobby for full custody of those children. 

What is wrong with her face?  She looks like she got stung by bunch of wasps. 

Briana looks like shit.  Interesting that she admitted to the fact that she's using the Brooks situation to "get back at" her mom.  She always plays the victim and it really, really pushes my buttons for some reason. 

ETA: I know others have mentioned this, but I still can't believe that Tamra asked Ryan's fiance how her father killed himself.  Oh my gosh...

Tamra's face is full of fillers.  personally, I think she would be better off with a straight up face lift.  If you have a lot of wrinkles they just don't work as well.  Look at Tamra's boobs for her implant removal in this episode stills-you can see the new implants. 

I have to say though, not exactly in Tamara's defense, just in general, that was the strangest conversation. Is Ryan engaged or have they just set a date they'll use if they are still together? What was that about?

"Oh no. If we were getting married you'd know because of all the planning. Anyway we met three minutes ago on Instagram and my kids love him because Ryan is such a great guy. And remember how we're not engaged? The wedding is in 9 months in Sacramento. Are we engaged? Well I don't know if I would call it an engagement but we've signed contracts with several wedding vendors and I've picked out a dress. Nice to meet you. Let's all cry and hug. I love you more than my dead mommy!" I can only imagine what thanksgiving is like with them.

They are cancelling the wedding because Sarah is pregnant.  I assume they are still together.  There is no rhyme or reason to this family.

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 1

Heather's blog makes no sense to me. She claims she's mystified about why Shannon focused on her rather than Tamra at the dinner party. Maybe because Terry and Heather were the ones specifically and repeatedly directing aggression at Shannon? From what I've watched, Shannon is perfectly capable of maintaining her composure despite crescendoing anger when the party with whom she's engaged is cordial. She expressed displeasure with Tamra both at their one-on-one supper meeting and when she asked Tamra about the "take the Beadors down" remark at Lizzie's beach house. Tamra simply spoke calmly herself. By contrast, Terry and Heather "yelled" at her at length before she became irate. Heather is probably too myopic to see it, but, for me, Tamra's played her for a fool more than anybody. She shit-talked Heather to Shannon and vice versa on the balcony, clearly doing everything in her power on film to perpetuate and exacerbate the conflict between the two. And Shannon has responded to that both in her blogs and in her confessionals. Heather, however, seems as tight as ever with Tamra and loathe to criticize her. So why is she extending Tams a "pass"? It reminds me of when Tamra screamed "you can get the fuck out, too" to Heather at the CUT party and Heather offered no protest in reply.

• Love 4

Heather's blog makes no sense to me. She claims she's mystified about why Shannon focused on her rather than Tamra at the dinner party. Maybe because Terry and Heather were the ones specifically and repeatedly directing aggression at Shannon? From what I've watched, Shannon is perfectly capable of maintaining her composure despite crescendoing anger when the party with whom she's engaged is cordial. She expressed displeasure with Tamra both at their one-on-one supper meeting and when she asked Tamra about the "take the Beadors down" remark at Lizzie's beach house. Tamra simply spoke calmly herself. By contrast, Terry and Heather "yelled" at her at length before she became irate. Heather is probably too myopic to see it, but, for me, Tamra's played her for a fool more than anybody. She shit-talked Heather to Shannon and vice versa on the balcony, clearly doing everything in her power on film to perpetuate and exacerbate the conflict between the two. And Shannon has responded to that both in her blogs and in her confessionals. Heather, however, seems as tight as ever with Tamra and loathe to criticize her. So why is she extending Tams a "pass"? It reminds me of when Tamra screamed "you can get the fuck out, too" to Heather at the CUT party and Heather offered no protest in reply.

She screamed that at Vicki because Vicki felt like everyone should back off of Alexis, Heather was right there with Tamara being a bitchcakes that night. Say what you will about Vicki, she's always been pretty lukewarm on Tamara's mean girl vendettas. Even with Slade, Vicki was just kind of there while Tamara went for the jugular. To this day I'm still unclear as to why Vicki bore the brunt of Slade's anger. Chalk it up to Tamara's super human deflecting skills.

• Love 2
(edited)

Tamra made a comment at her lunch with Danielle and Heather--something to the effect of, "...if everyone thinks you're crazy, then you're crazy..." She was referring to Shannon.  She really needs to look into the mirror and say that to herself.  Every season that Tamra has been a part of, she's been right in the middle of all of the drama.  She's always the one who's throwing people out, throwing drinks, and just plain ol' shit-stirring.  I submit that Tamra is the "crazy" one.  Her little brother Kenny was onto something (on her wedding spin-off).  Girl has got issues, and it's not coincidental that all of her relationships are in tumult.

Edited by zenme
  • Love 4
(edited)

I too, am mystified why Heather can't see putting Shannon's business out to a group of virtual strangers (Heather's lunch crowd) doesn't register with Heather as being grossly inappropriate and apology worthy.

I do believe the ever crafty Heather, long ago realized her role on the show is best secured by being Tamra's buddy and to a lesser degree Vicki's.  When Heather wants a storyline it is the incredibly fake scene with her getting her feelings hurt over her husband not stopping his practice to take he kids to school so she could go and guest "star" on "Hot in Cleveland".  Something absolutely that registers with no one in the viewing audience. Or flying, riding to Whistler, B.C., for five hours of camera time and again a discussion about her guest "starring" on "Malibu Country" with the possibility of a reoccurring role.  All of the things that Heath is called out on come from her being in a place of privilege or success to begin with so any minion that complains is just tarnishing one of the jewels in Heather's crown. There was never anything of substance until this season when she got caught with her "fancy pants" down engaging in vitriolic gossip.  Same with the argument between Tamra and Heather over "Good Day LA" of course it involved yet another guest role, although this time it was a guest hosting role.  I found the whole thing just another set up scene designed to give Tamra's business maximum exposure and Heather's acting career recognition.  (Too bad both only really are relevant to the OC and the LA viewing area.)

Much like the nickname "Fancy Pants" is so fake.  I wonder if Heather would clamor to a nickname such as "Grinch"?  As long as Tamra keeps up the drama and Heather slights are into ridiculously scripted scenarios where no real harm is done to Heather she will always be at Tamra;s side.  Tamra and Heather are ride or die buddies and their schtick is becoming more and more transparent (thanks Ryan for the Instagram message) with Tamra needing the money from the show to survive and the Dubrows needing to curry favor to get Terry is own show (conveniently produced by Evolution Media the very company that produces RHOC).   

Like a moth to a flame Heather knew the way to success was buddying up to the producers' little darling Tamra.  I think Tamra went out of her initially to endear herself with Shannon only to set her up to fail.  After all it is her job.

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 5

Oh my gosh, I did hear Tamra say "shoot me" and for some reason it didn't really register with me at the time!   Beyond horrid!!!!!!!!  I didn't need any more reasons to dislike her, but that one is big, and will stick.  She and Ramona are really battling it out for the top spot on my personal Most Disgusting Housewives list.

• Love 4

I love how Tamra's talking heads about "taking the Beadors down" leave the impression that she isn't lying she just doesn't remembers.  But she *might* have.

Meanwhile, is she hoping Terry offers up some bad surgery for free and that's why she aligns herself to Heather?

• Love 2

I love how Tamra's talking heads about "taking the Beadors down" leave the impression that she isn't lying she just doesn't remembers. But she *might* have.

Meanwhile, is she hoping Terry offers up some bad surgery for free and that's why she aligns herself to Heather?

I actually think her plan was to take down Heather. All of her backstage drama has been about the idea that Heather is the alpha mean girl intent on turning everyone against Shannon. I just think that Tamara didn't quite anticipate how dramatic *cough* unhinged *cough* Shannon becomes about confrontation. I don't actually think that her intent was ever to go after Shannon, but Shannon sort of presented herself on a silver platter of drama and Tamara's not going to just ignore easy pickings like that. Waste not, want not.

• Love 2
(edited)

Is Ryan's fiancé older than Tamra? She looks, um, older.

She definitely looks like she's got ten years on Ryan.  She's been married before and has 3 kids - were the children's ages discussed?  But Ryan doesn't have the option of romancing a woman his own age because he'd have to have something going for himself and clearly, he doesn't.  Maybe his fiancee enjoys having a boytoy around and can afford to support him, but with 3 daughters perhaps not such a wise decision.  Unless they're grown and out of the house, in which case maybe she really IS around Tamra's age.

Edited by Anne Thrax
  • Love 1

Just watched the mess.  First off, can that relationship w/Ryan be real? Please tell me that pretty girl is an actress?  She seems to be put together and much to attractive for Ryan who looks a not-hot mess.  **oops -- just read more about this Sarah so skip the "she seems to be put together" part.*

The crying jags were so strange.  Probably even more strange because her face is a hard, frozen mess.  

And Tamra, Ryan's fiance has blonde hair.  That's where the similarity ends.  How creepy that she wants so much to think her son is marrying her clone.

What was striking to me was I think she seemed to view that as validation that he still loves her.  But he was patting her knee like he was patronizing a mental patient.

Tamra freaked because she was fast-forwarding in her mind to when Ryan and his fiancee have their own child -- THAT would be a total betrayal for Ryan to makeTamra a grandmother.

And something tells me that David and the children see Shannon in her drunken rant mode fairly often and aren't fazed by it anymore - just Mom being Mom.  Again.  Get her another vodka rocks and she'll take a nap, and then rise and apologize to everyone through her tears.  Probably a near daily occurrence in the Beador house.

• Love 2

Tamra freaked because she was fast-forwarding in her mind to when Ryan and his fiancee have their own child -- THAT would be a total betrayal for Ryan to makeTamra a grandmother.

And something tells me that David and the children see Shannon in her drunken rant mode fairly often and aren't fazed by it anymore - just Mom being Mom.  Again.  Get her another vodka rocks and she'll take a nap, and then rise and apologize to everyone through her tears.  Probably a near daily occurrence in the Beador house.

Would not surprise me one bit if that was a typical evening at the Beador's although her getting irritated at David drinking perplexes me because alcoholics typically like the company of other alcoholics.

• Love 1

Would not surprise me one bit if that was a typical evening at the Beador's although her getting irritated at David drinking perplexes me because alcoholics typically like the company of other alcoholics.

I'm not sure if I'd call Shannon an alcoholic, not sure I wouldn't either. I can see that she has a really low tolerance. I base this idea on the fact that she seems to have a low tolerance for life in general. I have no idea what her issues is with David, but all the "David never drinks" while David is drinking is weird. Of course she does that all the time. "I never leave a party in hysterics" as she leaves a party in hysterics. "I never get in arguments" as she gets in an argument. "I never cry" said through tears. I think Shannon does not have a real firm hold on reality.

• Love 8
I have no sympathy for Tamra crying about Ryan leaving her. I bet that's how Ryan felt when she dropped him off with her relatives and drove away with Simon. Except she is a grown woman and Ryan was a little boy.

Amen to this! It always made me sick to my stomach how that was all portrayed.  Ryan moved out at what? 16 or 17 years old and Simon didn't want him back at the house?

My former stepfather was definitely of the mind that I should move out so he could have the house to himself when he married my mom.  I can't imagine as a child being thrown out like that because of my mom's new boyfriend.  I don't blame him for heading for the hills.

Call me wacko but I actually thought Sarah seemed fairly docile during the dinner.  She definitely seems like a tough cookie, although I question any women with three young children who immediately lets a man move into their house.  And it raised a huge red flag for me when she said something to the effect of "they like Ryan more than me, I'm jealous."  I sure as hell wouldn't let anyone who I've only known for a month be alone with my three little girls, but that might just be me. 

• Love 3

I thought Brianna had moved? Ugh. I know she's a part of Vicki's reality, but why is she doing THs? Her ginormous head takes up half the screen.

I would never want to be in a group of friends with her [Heather] and have ANYTHING better than she does or accidently make her feel I wasn't thinking she's 'worthy of anything but the highest praises'.

I think it was at the Beadors' dinner party that Heather's hate boner for Shannon went full mast. She realized that a fancy driveway would be no match for an indoor basketball court and hidden rooms.

• Love 8

She definitely looks like she's got ten years on Ryan.  She's been married before and has 3 kids - were the children's ages discussed?  But Ryan doesn't have the option of romancing a woman his own age because he'd have to have something going for himself and clearly, he doesn't.  Maybe his fiancee enjoys having a boytoy around and can afford to support him, but with 3 daughters perhaps not such a wise decision.  Unless they're grown and out of the house, in which case maybe she really IS around Tamra's age.

I remember her saying the oldest is eleven and the other two are younger than her.  I don't remember their ages. 

Not to be all on Team Tamra/Tamra spawn, but Ryan's fiancée was CREEPY.  She had this weird smirk on her face the whole time, like she was enjoying the whole confrontational exchange and one-upping Tamra.  Come to think of it, maybe we'd all react the same way?  They both were giddy about withholding info from Tamra and the way they told her they were getting married was infuriating.  Look, I loathe Tamballs as much as the next person, but that has to suck.  The fiancee seems like a creepy famewhore and not a catch at all with 3 rug rats Ryan has to take care of now.  

(edited)

Not to be all on Team Tamra/Tamra spawn, but Ryan's fiancée was CREEPY.  She had this weird smirk on her face the whole time, like she was enjoying the whole confrontational exchange and one-upping Tamra.  Come to think of it, maybe we'd all react the same way?  They both were giddy about withholding info from Tamra and the way they told her they were getting married was infuriating.  Look, I loathe Tamballs as much as the next person, but that has to suck.  The fiancee seems like a creepy famewhore and not a catch at all with 3 rug rats Ryan has to take care of now.  

I think the smirk was she was trying to keep from busting out laughing at the Tamara's histrionics. She was unbelievable, literally.

Edited by Higgins
  • Love 5

Amen to this! It always made me sick to my stomach how that was all portrayed.  Ryan moved out at what? 16 or 17 years old and Simon didn't want him back at the house?

Can someone clarify this for me? My understanding was that Tamra sent Ryan to live with her mother when she and Simon started a family. Then, Ryan came back and Simon told him that he had to have a job and be responsible to live there and got him a job at the dealership where Simon worked. Then, Ryan decided he didn't want to work at the "shit job" that Simon set up for him and moved out. Simon didn't want him to come back because his kids with Tamra were young and impressionable and it was clear that Ryan didn't want to do anything except leach off his mom. Do I have this completely wrong? Because, I remember being on Simon's side about wanting Ryan to actually be a responsible human being and older sibling. I would hate to think I was rooting for the wrong side.

That being said, I can see a clear pattern with Tamra pitting the people in her life against each other so that she could be in the middle and be forced to choose. She did it with Simon and Ryan. She did it with Simon and Vicki. She did it with Gretchen and Vicki. Now, she is doing it with Shannon and Heather. 

• Love 2

Can someone clarify this for me? My understanding was that Tamra sent Ryan to live with her mother when she and Simon started a family. Then, Ryan came back and Simon told him that he had to have a job and be responsible to live there and got him a job at the dealership where Simon worked. Then, Ryan decided he didn't want to work at the "shit job" that Simon set up for him and moved out. Simon didn't want him to come back because his kids with Tamra were young and impressionable and it was clear that Ryan didn't want to do anything except leach off his mom. Do I have this completely wrong? Because, I remember being on Simon's side about wanting Ryan to actually be a responsible human being and older sibling. I would hate to think I was rooting for the wrong side.

That being said, I can see a clear pattern with Tamra pitting the people in her life against each other so that she could be in the middle and be forced to choose. She did it with Simon and Ryan. She did it with Simon and Vicki. She did it with Gretchen and Vicki. Now, she is doing it with Shannon and Heather. 

I think Ryan lived with his father, his grandmother, Tamra and Simon and on his own when he was 18, made the rounds again a time or two.  At one point Simon paid for his apartment.  He then lived with them again after Simon helped him through Mercedes Benz school, he worked at Mercedes Benz after school, went to jail for unpaid tickets.  Then he worked for Eddie and Tamra set up his household.  In short I think he was a little turd made everyone's life a bit difficult and the person to blame right now is Simon.

I think Tamra realizes her only real independence is connected with being a RHOC and the more trouble she makes the bigger the paycheck.  At some point her character will become unbelievable or indefensible.

• Love 2

I really hate that Heather is pulling the typical "sluts or nuts" stereotype on Shannon.

I don't know about the slut part, but from where I sit Shannon certainly comes off as nuts.   Until Shannon stops acting like she's auditioning for one of those "Flowers in the attic" sequels, I shall be forced to go with nuts. 

• Love 5
(edited)

I don't actually think that Shannon is crazy. I think she is just bored. I think that is why a reality show may have appealed to her. She had to have known the pitfalls. It's impossible to believe that with the glut of reality shows out there, that she had no idea how they work. 

But, this is a woman who not only spends tons of money on people like "Dr." Moon, but pays to have her daughters have the same types of therapies. She seems trapped in her boredom and it's sad, but I don't think it's crazy.

I also wouldn't be surprised if she did this so that she could have something tangible that she could go to David with to "prove" to him that he was the problem in their marriage. Like, she was trying to show him that if he just listened to what she nagged him about everyone in the household would be happier. 

That's just a working theory though. 

Edited by MatildaMoody
  • Love 2

I don't think Simon ever paid for Ryan's apartment - he said that he was going to offer to help him, but I never saw that carried out.  The next time we saw Ryan on the show, he claimed to have been supporting himself through his job at a construction company, or some such.

Anyway, it doesn't really matter.  If I were Tamra, I'd be concerned that my impulsive and angry son moved out at such a young age out of spite, or anger, or both.  But she's not the most empathetic human being in the world... 

PS: Why is Ryan copying Briana's storyline from last season? 

(edited)

I don't think Simon ever paid for Ryan's apartment - he said that he was going to offer to help him, but I never saw that carried out.  The next time we saw Ryan on the show, he claimed to have been supporting himself through his job at a construction company, or some such.

Anyway, it doesn't really matter.  If I were Tamra, I'd be concerned that my impulsive and angry son moved out at such a young age out of spite, or anger, or both.  But she's not the most empathetic human being in the world... 

PS: Why is Ryan copying Briana's storyline from last season? 

Vicki handled it better too

Edited by Higgins
  • Love 2

My impression was that Ryan lived primarily with Tamara with a great deal of assistance from the grandparents. I think his father was minimally involved. When Tamara started dating Simon (when Ryan was 12/13) he was sent to live full time with his grandparents so Simon didn't have to deal with him. Tamara is a piece of work, but Simon never seemed like a prize either. Who decides to have children with a woman who would send one of her kids away to appease a man? Anyway, by the time we caught up with the Barney Buch I think Ryan was about 19/20 and had been living with them for about a year or two. Simon came across as sympathetic because he was dealing with the waste of space that is Ryan utill you remember that Simon married a woman who abandoned one of her kids to catch a man.

Regarding Sarah lying about her mental illness on a gun application, I believe you're supposed to be truthful because it's an official document just like a passport, driver's license, etc. I'm pretty sure you can be fined for giving false information. Now I don't know if the same rules apply with guns, but you can't adopt or do foster care or do some jobs if you have ever sought help for even depression. ( Not to get too OT, but that's one reason more people opt for fertility treatments over adoption.) Maybe if she answered yes, and had a doctor's letter, they allowed it.

(edited)

I'm not sure if I'd call Shannon an alcoholic, not sure I wouldn't either. I can see that she has a really low tolerance. I base this idea on the fact that she seems to have a low tolerance for life in general. I have no idea what her issues is with David, but all the "David never drinks" while David is drinking is weird. Of course she does that all the time. "I never leave a party in hysterics" as she leaves a party in hysterics. "I never get in arguments" as she gets in an argument. "I never cry" said through tears. I think Shannon does not have a real firm hold on reality.

Yea, maybe Dr. Moon is sticking his needle in the wrong place.   All puns/pins intended.

Edited by Lablover27
  • Love 1
(edited)

Simon is the male version of the evil stepmother.  I actually feel bad for Ryan, as he probably had little structure growing up.  Tamra seems to have sexualized their relationship and enabled him behind Simon's back.  Poor kid seems to have no self esteem and some serious rage.  That's a ticking time bomb if I ever saw one.  And now he's about to move into the boonies to work in a gun store?

I find it funny that Tamra is so upset to have him moving away after she sent him to move with his grandmother at 12/13/whenever. 

And for some reason, the hemochromatosis that Ryan now has seems fishy to me.  I actually thought that I had that last year, but it was a fluke in my bloodwork.  My doctor said that usually there are signs for that type of disease throughout your life, and that it's highly unlikely to just "appear" out of nowhere.  I'm not sure what his medical history has been, but... I don't know. 

This hits a nerve for me as a close friend of mine just lost their best friend to suicide with a gun.  He was about Ryan's age, too.  

Heather and Terri are on my last nerve. Every time Heather speaks, all I can think of is "Oh. My. God. Becky, look at her butt...."  Her affect is just so irritating.  And Terri just wants to be a little Miss.  He should just stay at work as far as I'm concerned - go do some pro bono work and get over yourself. 

I hate to say this, but Vicki looks a lot happier with Brooks. Who knows what the truth is regarding his abusive tendencies, but my observation thus far is that he's a boozer who might run his mouth when he's had a few, but otherwise?  Doesn't seem like a danger to me, but who knows. 

On a lighter note, I can't help laughing every time I see poor Dr. Moon.  My cat's name is Moondog so it always makes me chuckle a bit.

Edited by misschung
  • Love 2

Yes, Heather gives Tams a pass for everything and I'm not understanding why either. Is her resentment of Shannon so intense that she can't see how Tamra is playing her?. For someone who thinks highly of her own intelligence she's being played for an Ice Queen fool.

At the Christmas party Tamra admitted to Heather on camera that she was talking shit about her. That she told the other women that Heather told her to "pick a side." Heather explains that she meant "pick a lane" and be her friend 100% of the time. Okay, fine but Tamra just sat there and admitted that she twisted your words to everyone in the group. So later when she's accused of talking about what you told her in a private conversation, you unequivocally take her side again. Why??

It reminds me of last season when Tamra, Lydia and Vicki ditched Heather and Gretchen to whoop. it. up. in Mexico. When they get back to the hotel Vicki joked about her plan working. The next day Tamra pulls Gretchen aside and dramatically told her that Vicki had a plan. It was a such an exaggeration of a drunken joke but Tamra loves to stir up drama anyway she can.

Heather's getting the same kind of blow back Gretchen did when she cozied up to Tamra. I wonder if she'll be on the show next year. Her and Terry might need to do Couples Therapy after this.

• Love 1
(edited)

Tamra is probably my least favorite housewife from any franchise (with Jaq Laurita and maybe Gretchen a close second...Oh, and then there's Brandi...Gosh, they're all so horrible...), so not to defend her at all, but I believe she muttered the "shoot me" comment out of earshot of her guests.  We heard her because she was miked, but she was standing away from them and they appeared to be having their own conversation at the time.

It always amazes me how Tamra manages to emerge from all of these confrontations unscathed, but then I wonder if she's really that much of a master manipulator/Teflon or if she's really just a thug (or a little from column A and a little from column B).  As I think others have pointed out before, she's beaten everyone into submission because she's ready to "go there" and get really vicious in a way that others are not.  (One might compare her to the character of Vee from Orange Is the New Black...Hmm?  Would that mean Shannon is Crazy Eyes?...But I digress...).

Why do I have so little to say about this episode?  I think I need to watch it again when I don't have a screaming baby in the background (Nope, it wasn't Tamtams over for a visit).

Edited by ladle
  • Love 3

I don't actually think that Shannon is crazy. I think she is just bored. I think that is why a reality show may have appealed to her. She had to have known the pitfalls. It's impossible to believe that with the glut of reality shows out there, that she had no idea how they work.

But, this is a woman who not only spends tons of money on people like "Dr." Moon, but pays to have her daughters have the same types of therapies. She seems trapped in her boredom and it's sad, but I don't think it's crazy.

I also wouldn't be surprised if she did this so that she could have something tangible that she could go to David with to "prove" to him that he was the problem in their marriage. Like, she was trying to show him that if he just listened to what she nagged him about everyone in the household would be happier.

That's just a working theory though.

Yeah, I've also floated the theory that Shannon went on the show to prove to David how important it is that he stops eating chips and salsa before dinner. I really think she thought she's get the tape and be able to not-yell at David "See! See how right I am!" and David would see how all the flotsam and jetsam of her day is really very important and he has been very wrong about it all. And then they would sit in loving yet uncomfortable silence and contemplate the correct number of lemons for every room in the house.

I agree she's just bored. Well not just bored. I think she's bored, lazy, spoiled, vapid, and self centered. But bored is the big one. I think she's been bored so long that she really can't conceive of the idea that other people have shit to do. Which makes her seem crazy, because she really has nothing better to do than embroiled herself in a million silly dramas a day. I mean what do I do with a subject that's very likely to led to an argument? I bring it up right before sitting down to a dinner party and then act shocked it didn't disappear between appetizers and the main course. That's what I do! Or not.

• Love 5

From watching Shannon and wondering why she signed up for this mess I concluded she felt undervalued.  I also think that is why she has a practitioner like Dr. Moon and has her kids getting massages. It makes her feel appreciated and special and there is reason for her general malaise.

I don't think she is crazy, or was ever near a psychotic break I just got the impression that she was at that stage in life where she is not feeling the returns for the efforts she put in as a wife and mother.  I think to a certain degree we see it in both Heather and Tamra.  Shannon reminded me of the song, "Is That All There Is?"  I have no doubt she tends to her everyday responsibilities and enjoys some social outings but it just always feels like she has the clothes and the shoes and nowhere to go. 

This show was an opportunity to make her feel alive and valued,  Unfortunately, she was unable to maintain the decorum that she had in her everyday life before the cameras. 

• Love 6

Yeah, I've also floated the theory that Shannon went on the show to prove to David how important it is that he stops eating chips and salsa before dinner. I really think she thought she's get the tape and be able to not-yell at David "See! See how right I am!" and David would see how all the flotsam and jetsam of her day is really very important and he has been very wrong about it all. And then they would sit in loving yet uncomfortable silence and contemplate the correct number of lemons for every room in the house.

I agree she's just bored. Well not just bored. I think she's bored, lazy, spoiled, vapid, and self centered. But bored is the big one. I think she's been bored so long that she really can't conceive of the idea that other people have shit to do. Which makes her seem crazy, because she really has nothing better to do than embroiled herself in a million silly dramas a day. I mean what do I do with a subject that's very likely to led to an argument? I bring it up right before sitting down to a dinner party and then act shocked it didn't disappear between appetizers and the main course. That's what I do! Or not.

I'm cracking up over the chips and salsa comment!  I will never understand why eating a few chips before dinner is a big fucking deal!  I could understand it better if he was (1) overweight and she was concerned about his health or (2) he fills up on chips and salsa and doesn't eat dinner.  

That to me is the essence of Shannon.  She picks at him and then is shocked that he appears to be checking out of the relationship.  No one wants to be picked at for shit that doesn't matter, especially by a woman who needs crystals in the foundation of her house and all the other bizarre new age shit she does.

On Heather and Tamra, I don't understand how Heather can despise Shannon so much and has a friendship with Tamra.  I mean, Shannon fits more into her social circle much more than Tamra.  Is Heather so threatened by someone with more money who is intelligent?

Tamra's drama over Heather not promoting her gym even though she promoted her gym was reason enough to side eye her.

• Love 3
(edited)

Shannon was interviewed today on a local L.A. Station regarding her relationship with Heather, etc.  She also said they have a hospital-grade air filtration system (whatever that means) on the upper floors of Casa Beador.  As someone who lives with a severe allergy sufferer, this is the first time I'm actually envious of any HW's abode. 

http://ktla.com/2014/07/25/shannon-beador-on-all-things-real-housewives-of-orange-county

Edited by Bella Roche
  • Love 2

I think this last party from hell is my OC Waterloo. I just can't take the fake being played on Shannon, who clearly thinks she's dealing honestly with these drama queens.

I also see Eddie slowly going down the same path as Simon: enjoying Tamra's antics, then just tolerating, to outright hating them. It's true they both knew what they were getting, but perhaps not to the extent Tamra's will to go.

Ryan's frozen stare is made all the creepier by that beard.

• Love 6

Shannon was interviewed today on a local L.A. Station regarding her relationship with Heather, etc. She also said they have a hospital-grade air filtration system (whatever that means) on the upper floors of Casa Beador. As someone who lives with a severe allergy sufferer, this is the first time I'm actually envious of any HW's abode.

http://ktla.com/2014/07/25/shannon-beador-on-all-things-real-housewives-of-orange-county

That does not make me like her better. She never evaluates her own behavior. Its always about her agenda. I will say she looked good. It looked like she had gained about 10 pounds since filming. It looks good on her.

MTE. I don't like Tamra, but that entire scene was a clusterfuck. Ryan and his girlfriend went from saying they need to think about it before getting married to actually having a date set and only fessing up when explicitly asked. Also, wtf at the kids meeting Ryan so early.

Tamra's face is so bizarre though. She can't even squeeze tears out anymore.

In the KTLA interview, Shannon said that they've got their house up for sale because its too big for them.  Then we've got Heather who is building a house that will surpass Shannon's in size so she can have the biggest house of all and prove her superiority.  Too funny!

• Love 1
(edited)

My first opinion of Shannon still holds.  I think she's completely bored out of her everlovin' mind and she went on this show to get some shits and giggles.  Problem is, SHE is the one providing the drama and it's making her "crazy in her head"....

I  think the woman needs some serious psychotherapy of some kind, not just Dr. Moon and her other new age-y people.  No crystal or aroma is gonna fix her problem.  I think she needs to find SOMETHING to do with all that spare time she has on her hands.

The whole Ryan storyline is a total crock.  Tamara's FACE however; looks completely and totally frozen in place!  I cannot imagine what that face looks like in hi-def.  Scary!

Edited by goofygirl
  • Love 1

Tamara has destroyed her looks. She looks like a monster and there is no turning back. You can still be beautiful as you age. They don't look any younger. in fact I think whatever she is doing ages her. I'm her age and yeah, I have wrinkles on my forehead and the face is starting to drag a little but, so what at least I don't look weird.

• Love 6

I think Ryan lived with his father, his grandmother, Tamra and Simon and on his own when he was 18, made the rounds again a time or two.  At one point Simon paid for his apartment.  He then lived with them again after Simon helped him through Mercedes Benz school, he worked at Mercedes Benz after school, went to jail for unpaid tickets.  Then he worked for Eddie and Tamra set up his household.  In short I think he was a little turd made everyone's life a bit difficult and the person to blame right now is Simon.

I think Tamra realizes her only real independence is connected with being a RHOC and the more trouble she makes the bigger the paycheck.  At some point her character will become unbelievable or indefensible.

Simon kicked Ryan out because he really tried to help him but he wouldn't hold down a job for more than a minute. I don't even blame the kid because I don't think grandma was any prize to live with, either.  He had a mother that didn't give a shit about him for most of his life and now  Tamra tries to spin herself as mother of the year. Too little , too late, Tams. Most people with a brain know who and what you are.  I can not wait until this franchise ends and she is left with nothing. Including Eddie, that is if he doesn't leave sooner. I do believe in Karma and she is way past due for her share. Oh yeah, I love how during her crying jag she was going on and on about not being there to help Tams 2.0 pick out a wedding dress. She has two daughters of her own, she can be there to help them pick out dresses for their own shotgun weddings so go have another drink and go to bed. 

• Love 4

Tamara has destroyed her looks. She looks like a monster and there is no turning back. You can still be beautiful as you age. They don't look any younger. in fact I think whatever she is doing ages her. I'm her age and yeah, I have wrinkles on my forehead and the face is starting to drag a little but, so what at least I don't look weird.

Totally agree.  She could have looked like a beautiful older woman if she hadn't tinkered with her face.  As a 46 year-old, I understand how hard it is to let go of the past and age.  But I'd rather look good for my age versus look like a younger alien.

• Love 8