Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
OnceSane

S11.E04: What Happened Last Night?

Recommended Posts

I think Bennet and Amelia look like brother and sister. FWIW Bennet, population is the US has been going down for awhile although adoption is always needed too.

I hated Christina throwing it in Henry’s face that he hasn’t left the country before. There are lots of reasons why people can’t or won’t travel mostly financial . I have a friend who never stops bringing up that she lived in France for two years and studied at the Sorbonne, I point out to her that most of us just didn’t have that kind of money. 

  • Like 17

Share this post


Link to post

Karen needs to take some B vitamin supplements and get her energy up! It's starting to get annoying.

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post

(1) Brett wasn't bad this episode, but I feel like he's trying to get the good guy edit that he was totally into Olivia at first.  It seems forced to me.

(2) Olivia. I don't know I just get a vibe she's a little crazy but her girl next door conceals it for a bit.

(3) I love Amani and Woody.   Her voice doesn't bother me like others here.  

(4) Christina, not impressed with your travel like you are, particularly since that's your job.  Henry doesn't appear to have a personality, but i don't see one on her either.

(5) Miles is adorable.  I don't understand Karen's "relationship hopper" concern in those upcoming segments.  Until you get married, you relationship hop unless you're just into flings.  I don't think she wants a nice guy.

(6) Bennett has great bone structure. I noticed that last episode when his glasses were off.  I saw smoldering handsome!  I think he and Amelia are adorable.  

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Oh, boy. I can't imagine how boring Henry must be in the sack.

I will be astounded if those two have sex. I don't think it's gonna happen.

 

1 hour ago, LaLaLaLa said:

I agree that casting probably knew he would be good awkward TV but he is not nice. A nice person would make Christina feel comfortable. Yet she is the one getting the edit to make her appear rude while making every effort (to this point) to make Henry feel comfortable. I just don't see how Henry is a nice guy. 

I don't think he's mean or nice - how would we know - he has shown zero personality and little emotion! There's no there there, you know? Cristina seems like a pill, but her comment about the friends was probably because she couldn't think of one thing to say about Henry - she knows virtually nothing about him because he's so silent! His friends made a bigger impression. I had second hand embarrassment when they went to their room and he sat on the bed looking down silently moving the petals and towel animals around. Just strange. I also think she keeps talking about her job because they are traveling and it's an easy subject and he is giving her nothing. She is trying to hold up her end of the conversation, but he is not. I would have already reached a point of frustration, especially seeing all four other couples meshing and happy and relaxed (at this point anyway!).

It's gonna be a looooong seasons folks. Four episodes in and the honeymoons haven't even started!

  • Like 8
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Ilovepie said:

I will be astounded if those two have sex. I don't think it's gonna happen.

Henry and Christina are the couple that I don’t see going any further than the kiss at the altar.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post

As a fellow introvert who has trouble with eye contact, I could see myself acting like Henry in this situation. Which is why I would never, ever apply to be on any reality TV show. Ever.

Amelia had some really unflattering jeans on. And it seemed the camera crew wanted to show them over and over again.

I am deeply envious of Amani and Karen's no-fuss hair for vacation. It's a dream of mine to be able to not think about my hair for days on end.

Brett is acting better than in the past few episodes. But I am waiting for the other shoe to drop.  We shall see.

 

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post

Still watching the episode, but I just had to pop on to say that Henry and Christina are SO AWK. I'm having to watch them through my fingers.

  • Like 5
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post
34 minutes ago, KateHearts said:

As a fellow introvert who has trouble with eye contact, I could see myself acting like Henry in this situation. Which is why I would never, ever apply to be on any reality TV show. Ever.

Amelia had some really unflattering jeans on. And it seemed the camera crew wanted to show them over and over again.

I am deeply envious of Amani and Karen's no-fuss hair for vacation. It's a dream of mine to be able to not think about my hair for days on end.

Brett is acting better than in the past few episodes. But I am waiting for the other shoe to drop.  We shall see.

 

I feel like Brett is just acting.  I don't think he's attracted at all to Olivia.

  • Like 7
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

Totally Team Christina here.  I get that her continual references to travel may get tiresome, but I think she's trying to find a point of conversation-i.e. we're both traveling to Mexico, so let's talk about traveling.  She seems to be trying to engage him in conversation, but he is just not participating.  I believe that the "experts" cast him thinking that there would be drama between his "friend" Kristine and his wife Christina.

I found Bennett's position on children off-putting.  NOT because he doesn't want them and would prefer to adopt (that was my preference), but because he puts it in "moral" terms.  By declaring it unethical to have children, he has placed judgement on everyone who has their own children.  Including his parents...  I also think the reason his sister brought this up at brunch was because their mom kept going on and on about how fabulous Bennett is and sister felt overlooked so wanted a big "moment" for t.v. and the brunch.

Brett looked disappointed when Olivia said she didn't want children.  To me, this is a definite deal breaker when one partner definitely wants children and the other doesn't.  One is bound to feel pressured and it could turn into long-term resentment.  I loved that Brett had the old school suitcase.  Used to be that we only packed what we could carry and lift (when I used to take students to Europe back in the 20th century I explained to them that nobody was going to help them with their suitcases so to make sure they only packed what they could physically handle [that went for me as well]).

The resort looked fabulous!  I will probably research it a bit in the next few days.  Loved that Bennett and Amelia could jump into the pool from their room.  The beach looked amazing.

I think Karen is being won over by Miles' sincerity and respectfulness.  Loved how her straw hat looked on her.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Ilovepie said:

I will be astounded if those two have sex. I don't think it's gonna happen.

 

I don't think he's mean or nice - how would we know - he has shown zero personality and little emotion! There's no there there, you know? Cristina seems like a pill, but her comment about the friends was probably because she couldn't think of one thing to say about Henry - she knows virtually nothing about him because he's so silent! His friends made a bigger impression. I had second hand embarrassment when they went to their room and he sat on the bed looking down silently moving the petals and towel animals around. Just strange. I also think she keeps talking about her job because they are traveling and it's an easy subject and he is giving her nothing. She is trying to hold up her end of the conversation, but he is not. I would have already reached a point of frustration, especially seeing all four other couples meshing and happy and relaxed (at this point anyway!).

It's gonna be a looooong seasons folks. Four episodes in and the honeymoons haven't even started!

Yes and yes

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, seacliffsal said:

Totally Team Christina here.  I get that her continual references to travel may get tiresome, but I think she's trying to find a point of conversation-i.e. we're both traveling to Mexico, so let's talk about traveling.  She seems to be trying to engage him in conversation, but he is just not participating.  I believe that the "experts" cast him thinking that there would be drama between his "friend" Kristine and his wife Christina.

I found Bennett's position on children off-putting.  NOT because he doesn't want them and would prefer to adopt (that was my preference), but because he puts it in "moral" terms.  By declaring it unethical to have children, he has placed judgement on everyone who has their own children.  Including his parents...  I also think the reason his sister brought this up at brunch was because their mom kept going on and on about how fabulous Bennett is and sister felt overlooked so wanted a big "moment" for t.v. and the brunch.

Brett looked disappointed when Olivia said she didn't want children.  To me, this is a definite deal breaker when one partner definitely wants children and the other doesn't.  One is bound to feel pressured and it could turn into long-term resentment.  I loved that Brett had the old school suitcase.  Used to be that we only packed what we could carry and lift (when I used to take students to Europe back in the 20th century I explained to them that nobody was going to help them with their suitcases so to make sure they only packed what they could physically handle [that went for me as well]).

The resort looked fabulous!  I will probably research it a bit in the next few days.  Loved that Bennett and Amelia could jump into the pool from their room.  The beach looked amazing.

I think Karen is being won over by Miles' sincerity and respectfulness.  Loved how her straw hat looked on her.

I think Christina's running list of where she is and how she traveled in such luxurious accommodations is why I find her recounting it annoying. I get the context, but I get the vibe she's a one-upper.  

And yes, if Brett wants kids, she doesn't that's fucked they put those two together.

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post

Karen is in second place but closing in on Henry for "most boring" this season.

Also, I find Karen's mother to be insincere and arrogant.

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post

12 minutes ago, seacliffsal said:

Brett looked disappointed when Olivia said she didn't want children.  To me, this is a definite deal breaker when one partner definitely wants children and the other doesn't. 

They 100% should not match people on opposite sides of this aisle - you can’t compromise. I have a married child-free friend and if she were matched with someone who wanted kids, she would literally end the marriage the moment she found out, and she would have made it very clear throughout the casting process that she doesn’t want kids. She didn’t even date men who wanted kids when she was dating, because she’s always known she didn’t want them (at all - bio, adopted, foster). She likes kids; she’s a teacher. She just doesn’t want to be a mother, so she isn’t.

I can’t remember if Brett talked about kids during his intro, but if they’re really on opposite sides, they won’t, and should not, make it. (I don’t see them making it anyway.)

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

I think Bennet and Amelia look like brother and sister. FWIW Bennet, population is the US has been going down for awhile although adoption is always needed too.

I hated Christina throwing it in Henry’s face that he hasn’t left the country before. There are lots of reasons why people can’t or won’t travel mostly financial . I have a friend who never stops bringing up that she lived in France for two years and studied at the Sorbonne, I point out to her that most of us just didn’t have that kind of money. 

Not to mention , there are a lot of beautiful places in the US that are very underrated . My sister travels everywhere and one of her favorite places is Washington State . 

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Quote

(5) Miles is adorable.  I don't understand Karen's "relationship hopper" concern in those upcoming segments.  Until you get married, you relationship hop unless you're just into flings.  I don't think she wants a nice guy.

I kind of get where she is coming from. My husband is the nicest guy on the planet. Seriously. I think that Miles is a genuinely good guy and Karen is just having a hard time believing that he isn't too good to be true. I still pinch myself from time to time.

Quote

Karen needs to take some B vitamin supplements and get her energy up! It's starting to get annoying.

I wonder if she isn't more engaging off camera. It sure sounds like she threw down at dinner and I enjoyed seeing her and Miles chuckling together about her love of eating. I also don't see either of them being the life of the party/center of attention type of person and I think they might actually really go well together. They are my favorite couple and I'm really, really hoping they work out.

Quote

Not to mention , there are a lot of beautiful places in the US that are very underrated . My sister travels everywhere and one of her favorite places is Washington State . 

Seattle!

Unrelated to any of this... are all of Amelia's clothes from an 80's vintage store or is that stuff back in again?

Edited by Elizzikra
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, LaLaLaLa said:

Unfortunately, her rule didn't last long and Brett called her on it!

Olivia amended the rule: Luggage on the bed ONLY if you are exiting the room.

I am surprised she is walking around the suite sometimes barefooted and not 100% flip flopped.

She even got Brett to flip flop up.

I'm guessing she better loosen up her cleanliness fetish if she is going to bump uglies with her huzzy who has dipped his peen in dozens of NOLA's citizens....

 

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Like 2
  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Ilovepie said:

I will be astounded if those two have sex. I don't think it's gonna happen.

 

I don't think he's mean or nice - how would we know - he has shown zero personality and little emotion! There's no there there, you know? Cristina seems like a pill, but her comment about the friends was probably because she couldn't think of one thing to say about Henry - she knows virtually nothing about him because he's so silent! His friends made a bigger impression. I had second hand embarrassment when they went to their room and he sat on the bed looking down silently moving the petals and towel animals around. Just strange. I also think she keeps talking about her job because they are traveling and it's an easy subject and he is giving her nothing. She is trying to hold up her end of the conversation, but he is not. I would have already reached a point of frustration, especially seeing all four other couples meshing and happy and relaxed (at this point anyway!).

It's gonna be a looooong seasons folks. Four episodes in and the honeymoons haven't even started!

 

2 hours ago, Empress1 said:

Henry and Christina are the couple that I don’t see going any further than the kiss at the altar.

 

1 hour ago, gingerandcloves said:

Still watching the episode, but I just had to pop on to say that Henry and Christina are SO AWK. I'm having to watch them through my fingers.

The ideas of those two having relations makes my lady parts want to retreat.

This is not because they are bad looking...actually both are conventionally attractive people.

I just envision a lot of crying...mostly by Henry. 

  • Laugh 12

Share this post


Link to post

I just remembered who Henry reminds me of-Collin the Energy Vampire on What We Do in the Shadows!  For those who do not watch the show, an energy vampire is one who sucks all of the energy out of people in order to feed oneself.

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 9

Share this post


Link to post

I remember thinking, when they showed the experts-matchmaking episode, that the does want kids/doesn't want kids was a huge issue and they were very split on that ... my thought at the time was that part of the reason they go with five couples is so if one implodes they still have enough footage and intrigue to make it work, and I pegged them as the one on the bubble once they got down to that discussion. 

Also, not sure if anyone has mentioned this (maybe in another thread?) but I've been wondering if Henry's tic is just something he has naturally/neurologically or if it's stress-related. 

I have to say I am LOVING this show so far ... Bennett/Amelia may be my favorite couple ever (which is why I'm prepared for the show to break my heart) ... I would have been crushing all over Bennett 40 years ago. He's SO my type. ... And I think Miles may be my single favorite person on the show ever. 

Re: the in-laws brunch ... I confess I'd been slightly confused from the weddings about Amani's parents/stepparents. My first thought was that it was so cool that her dad and stepdad had become best friends, but then I actually wondered if I was making the assumption that the stepdad was married to her mom when perhaps he was actually married to her dad ... but since he wasn't at brunch (I missed him!) and her dad was with her stepmom whom I assume is his wife, I guess not. She has a great extended family. 

Assuming "coming attractions" are not considered spoilers, could we have one season without someone losing their ring on their honeymoon, please?

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Boo Boo said:

I think Christina's running list of where she is and how she traveled in such luxurious accommodations is why I find her recounting it annoying. I get the context, but I get the vibe she's a one-upper.  

 

Not to sound like a travel snob ala Christina but I have stayed at Xcaret in the Swim Up Suite like Bennett's and Amelia's suite.

With Mezcal courage doing back flips into the river was fun.....if I remember correctly....it was so fuzzy

Christina toasted Henry with the good health toast saying the bold words to your drinking companions

 Arriba (with shot in hand put your arm up)

Abajo (put your arm down)

Al centro (put the shot over your heart)

Pa'dentro (inside) tossing the drink down the hatch....then bite the lime And slam the shot glass on the table...

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Like 3
  • Useful 3

Share this post


Link to post

I'm watching this episode on amazon, and they did not blur out Bennett and Amelia's Corona cans 🙂

How beautiful is that resort in Mexico? Wow, I would never want to go home from the honeymoon if I were them. Although New Orleans also looks very picturesque.

I love Woody and Amani. I think Woody is great, and he's so funny. My only gripe is he's a little hard to understand. Thank goodness for closed captioning. They really seem to vibe with each other. I like that they can joke around already.

Miles seems so sweet. I loved him massaging Karen's feet after the wedding, and giving her the cough drop. He just seems very thoughtful, and I don't know, that kind of behavior isn't that common for men, in my opinion. A lot of men just seem to be sort of oblivious until you point things out to them. I think Karen will be won over before long, at least, I hope so. Their joking about her giving him her phone number was funny. Her hair style and hat were stunning. Glad to see Karen's mom coming around on Miles.

I think Bennett and Amelia are a great match, like almost scary good. It will be interesting to see how the residency and potential move play out. My sister is married to a doctor. They met in college in California and got married right after graduation, and then they moved to Boston for his med school. I know those years were pretty hard and they just kind of scraped by, but then they were able to move back to California afterwards near their families and have been settled here ever since. So maybe Bennett and Amelia might be able to do something like that. They both seem like positive people that don't go out of their way to look for problems. 

Brett and Olivia are hitting it off better than I expected. Brett says nice things about Olivia and I do think he's attracted to her. But I don't think his feelings go any deeper than attraction at this point. I don't get a feeling he's invested. I agree with the rest of you who say the experts screwed up by matching someone who wants kids with someone who doesn't. That is never going to end well. And honestly, the religion thing might not be a big deal now, but down the road it could be. 

Henry - ugh, so so awkward. Is he always that way, or is he just really uncomfortable around people he doesn't know well? He doesn't seem to be making an effort to get to know Christina. She's trying but she also comes across as smug and superior. We'll see if the honeymoon brings them together more. I hope things improve but right now it's painful. I cannot picture them together long-term.

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Boo Boo said:

And yes, if Brett wants kids, she doesn't that's fucked they put those two together.

I think it's too early to place all blame on "the experts" - lest we forget: BOTH Jamie and Elizabeth admitted they lied to the experts during the interview process.......

  • Like 5
  • Useful 3

Share this post


Link to post
47 minutes ago, seacliffsal said:

I just remembered who Henry reminds me of-Collin the Energy Vampire on What We Do in the Shadows!  For those who do not watch the show, an energy vampire is one who sucks all of the energy out of people in order to feed oneself.

Except Collin Robinson has the opposite problem - he won't stop talking about mundane boring topics nobody cares about. Henry never says anything, interesting OR boring! Also, Collin Robinson doesn't have any trouble making eye contact 🙂

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, OnTime said:

I think Henry is getting a bad edit.

Maybe he isn't the best personality for this show and that could have been exactly why they picked him.  Was he casted for the "nice guy" role after the hot mess of Brandon and Michael?  I don't trust the producers. 

Yes .. that’s why I don’t know what’s real and what is just producer driven and for the camera.  I want to believe it’s all real.  It’s like we are being cheated.  But then again, a lot of the couples have made it, had kids and are very happy in their marriages.  So, I guess it’s a little real and a little fake.  I think I just answered my own question, lol.

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

Amelia and Bennet

I knew Amelia would look better in regular clothes. She has the best smile and teeth. Looks nice in a bathing suit too. They are both quite the characters and do seem well matched. However if I were Amelia, I'd wonder if I would do something like married at first sight knowing I have this huge commitment to becoming a health care professional and schooling. Once she does her residency that's a 12-14 hour a day job. It just doesn't seem fair to marry someone sight unseen and then spring this on him. I would have to be sure this marriage is going to work before I'd move somewhere.

Amani and Woody

We shall see if he has conquered his demon temper issues. Definitely a concern when his own family issues warnings... for now they seem fun loving.

Olivia and Brett

Seems like Brett is pleased with Olivia and he seems to feel he's gotten a good partner.

Christina and Henry

Trying to figure out how Henry was selected at all. He's not a bad guy just doesn't seem to have anything interesting to say. Some people have commented that they like his father but I think he's a disgrace. What kind of a creep bad mouths his own son to his new wife? I can see why he's a momma's boy with that dad. Christina is a looker I have to admit. I don't see how a person like Christina had a hard time finding a suitable man to hook up with...I can see why Henry would.

Karen and Miles

Looks like a good match...though I think the man being 5 years older is better than the other way around.

 

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, DrewPaul2010 said:

Amelia and Bennet

I knew Amelia would look better in regular clothes. She has the best smile and teeth. Looks nice in a bathing suit too. They are both quite the characters and do seem well matched. However if I were Amelia, I'd wonder if I would do something like married at first sight knowing I have this huge commitment to becoming a health care professional and schooling. Once she does her residency that's a 12-14 hour a day job. It just doesn't seem fair to marry someone sight unseen and then spring this on him. I would have to be sure this marriage is going to work before I'd move somewhere.

Amani and Woody

We shall see if he has conquered his demon temper issues. Definitely a concern when his own family issues warnings... for now they seem fun loving.

Olivia and Brett

Seems like Brett is pleased with Olivia and he seems to feel he's gotten a good partner.

Christina and Henry

Trying to figure out how Henry was selected at all. He's not a bad guy just doesn't seem to have anything interesting to say. Some people have commented that they like his father but I think he's a disgrace. What kind of a creep bad mouths his own son to his new wife? I can see why he's a momma's boy with that dad. Christina is a looker I have to admit. I don't see how a person like Christina had a hard time finding a suitable man to hook up with...I can see why Henry would.

Karen and Miles

Looks like a good match...though I think the man being 5 years older is better than the other way around.

 

 

I think Amelia could be rather pretty without the garish outfits!  Beautiful smile!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Quote

Brett says nice things about Olivia and I do think he's attracted to her. But I don't think his feelings go any deeper than attraction at this point.

Something I've been wondering... I think people say (on this show) that they think their spouses "are attractive" or they say "yes" to "do you find your spouse attractive" - what they really mean is "he's handsome/she's pretty." There are plenty of people out there that I see as conventionally handsome/pretty (attractive) but I'm not attracted to them. 

Quote

Looks like a good match...though I think the man being 5 years older is better than the other way around.

I have always been uncomfortable being involved with someone younger than I am but I also don't like that about myself and were I not an old married lady, I'd be challenging myself to work through that. I think that Miles is an old soul and I don't perceive that he and Karen are incompatible maturity-wise. And when she's 80 and he's 75, it won't matter at all. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

It sure sounds like she threw down at dinner and I enjoyed seeing her and Miles chuckling together about her love of eating.

I cracked up at that. That list was so long!  And she’s small; she must have a fast metabolism.

I thought it was so cute how Amani and Woody stopped by to see Karen and Miles. I hope they become couple friends. Amani is funny. “He was smackin’, y’all!”

I also loved that Woody talked about going to therapy. It can be hard for people to admit, especially in Black male circles where the message is often “man up.” I am coming around on Woody, I think.

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
On 8/6/2020 at 4:29 PM, Silver Bells said:

Yes .. that’s why I don’t know what’s real and what is just producer driven and for the camera.  I want to believe it’s all real.  It’s like we are being cheated.  But then again, a lot of the couples have made it, had kids and are very happy in their marriages.  So, I guess it’s a little real and a little fake.  I think I just answered my own question, lol.

There have been 10 seasons with 34 marriages, 9 still married and 25 divorces.

I don't even think the "experts" try anymore for successful marriages anymore as long as they get successful drama along the way.

Edited by OnTime
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Boo Boo said:

I love Amani and Woody. 

I think that Amani and Woody are not well suited to each other. 

Woody has a pronounced whimsical, side to and I get the impression he's always "on" because (I think he said he went for therapy) his more complicated, moody side is best camouflaged by being the "life of the party." 

I can see Amani becoming fatigued just keeping up with his antics.  His dance moves are hilarious and I love watching him as I would a performer. 

Amani seems much more mature and "sedate". 

This was not a good match!!

  • Like 2
  • Useful 3

Share this post


Link to post

2 hours ago, PamelaMaeSnap said:

Assuming "coming attractions" are not considered spoilers, could we have one season without someone losing their ring on their honeymoon, please?

I was thinking the same thing!

All part of the script.....

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Ilovepie said:

Except Collin Robinson has the opposite problem - he won't stop talking about mundane boring topics nobody cares about. Henry never says anything, interesting OR boring! Also, Collin Robinson doesn't have any trouble making eye contact 🙂

You're absolutely right!  I think I was focused on the impact they have on victims, I mean people, more than their methods of draining their energy...

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post
27 minutes ago, seacliffsal said:

You're absolutely right!  I think I was focused on the impact they have on victims, I mean people, more than their methods of draining their energy...

You are totally right about that. His presence at brunch with Cristina's family it was exactly the same way. They were trying to make conversation and there was a lot of awkward silences. I cannot fathom what his bitchy friends see in him other than a designated driver for their nights out?

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Empress1 said:

I thought it was so cute how Amani and Woody stopped by to see Karen and Miles. I hope they become couple friends. Amani is funny. “He was smackin’, y’all!”

I can't remember if I have the timeline right on this but when that happened my immediate thought was "wow, you just knocked on the door of the honeymoon suite?" but then remembered that the downside of them doing MAFS together was that the best friends did not get to be at each others' weddings or meet each others' brides ... and while the ladies had met at "ladies' night," this was the first time that the couples actually got to congratulate each other on their marriages, right? (My memory is very wonky so PLEASE forgive if I have this wrong). So then I thought it was really cute. 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

Dreadful having to wait for the in law conversations.... but thankfully they actually left on the trip.

Woody is too much of a flashy, showman type. All the laughing and clowning would drive me nuts. I get the feeling that he's just trying to close the deal and once the fun wears off he'll move on. He definitely does not seem like the ready to settle down type. Amani seems like a sweetheart. I hope she doesn't get hurt.

Henry, is the opposite. There is just something missing in his personality. I'm trying to figure out if he is not into Christina, or if he is just so socially awkward that he'd be like with any woman. She wants him to make her feel welcome and like he really wants to get to know her and he acts like a dead fish all the time. I was a little irritated by Christina's holier than thou "I have friends around the world because I've been places." Goody for you. Not everyone likes to travel or is interested in going places. Nothing wrong with that. If it makes you incompatible because you are a traveler and they don't want to go, I get that. But to meet someone who has limited experience traveling and looking down on them for that is just bitchy to me.

Bennett and Amelia are this season's Jennifer and Austin. Smitten to the nth degree and totally into each other's quirkiness. 

I don't think Karen will be able to trust Miles. He is young, good looking, a real catch and here he is saying at 26 that he's ready to settle down into married life forever with a stranger? It just doesn't add up. Couple that with her deep hurt from her last relationship and I don't see her opening up much. And I still think she looks 20 years older than he does.

Brett and Olivia are the blah couple for now only because it's only a matter of time before douche Brett comes out. I'm on the team that thinks that Olivia should have been paired with Henry and Christina with Brett.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
37 minutes ago, PamelaMaeSnap said:

I can't remember if I have the timeline right on this but when that happened my immediate thought was "wow, you just knocked on the door of the honeymoon suite?" but then remembered that the downside of them doing MAFS together was that the best friends did not get to be at each others' weddings or meet each others' brides ... and while the ladies had met at "ladies' night," this was the first time that the couples actually got to congratulate each other on their marriages, right? (My memory is very wonky so PLEASE forgive if I have this wrong). So then I thought it was really cute. 

I’m guessing the weddings were on the same day, maybe in the same venue, since they were all in wedding clothes. And yes - I commented in the first episode that it was a shame that Woody & Miles couldn’t go to each other’s weddings. Woody and Karen and Amani and Miles were meeting for the first time (the women had met each other already, and the rest of the whole co-ed group didn’t meet until the airport). So I think that was indeed the first time Woody and Miles & Karen and Amani had seen each other since the bachelor/ette parties.

I’m now imagining that Karen and Amani were like “Girl are you calling your braider?” at that meeting.

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

3 hours ago, Ilovepie said:

BOTH Jamie and Elizabeth admitted they lied to the experts during the interview process.......

What were the lies?

Share this post


Link to post
23 hours ago, CSunshine76 said:

Bennett’s mom...is she, okay?

I'm not sure what you're detecting, but it's probably nothing that pushing her glasses up on her nose so she doesn't have to torque her neck weird to talk to somebody wouldn't fix. 

 

21 hours ago, MyTwoCents said:

Henry is painful to watch. I would rather stab myself with a fork than have to sit and not listen to him. And constant one-word answers would make me wanna scream.

I can carry on a conversation with a tree stump, and I think even I would struggle mightily trying to talk to Henry.

 

20 hours ago, qtpye said:

Bennett is actually pretty good looking if you are into his type. Nice tan, teeth, and bone structure. He was rocking that Dr. Huxtable sweater.

Did you see him on Unfiltered?  He's now sporting a most unfortunate mustache.

 

18 hours ago, JapMo said:

I know I'm going to get reamed for this, but IMO Olivia could have put a little more thought into her choice of attire for her honeymoon night.  Even though they weren't planning to have sex, her pajama selection was just blah.  Amani wore a simple pink (I think) full slip, and it was very attractive.  

What was Brett wearing?  One of the non-Bennett white guys was wearing sweat pants and a t-shirt (sorry, I have trouble telling them apart). 

 

5 hours ago, Jaclyn88 said:

Not to mention , there are a lot of beautiful places in the US that are very underrated . My sister travels everywhere and one of her favorite places is Washington State . 

But Henry's favorite place to travel is the Northern Virginia suburbs of DC.  Then again, maybe it's the eastern part of Washington State your sister likes? 

 

3 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

I have always been uncomfortable being involved with someone younger than I am but I also don't like that about myself and were I not an old married lady, I'd be challenging myself to work through that.

Not that I hope you get the chance, but if you do, try hard.  Yeah, people judge, but I think underneath it is a bit of wondering, "How does she do it?"

 

3 minutes ago, LuvMyShows said:

What were the lies?

Jamie and Elizabeth both told the experts they wanted to have children, and it turns out that neither wants to have children and admitted lying about it.  It's a surprisingly successful roundabout way of two childfree people getting matched.

Edited by StatisticalOutlier
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Quote

I have always been uncomfortable being involved with someone younger than I am but I also don't like that about myself and were I not an old married lady, I'd be challenging myself to work through that. I think that Miles is an old soul and I don't perceive that he and Karen are incompatible maturity-wise. And when she's 80 and he's 75, it won't matter at all. 

I do believe most woman mature faster and are ready for child bearing and raising a family. I also think (and I may take some heat) that woman in a marriage worry a bit more about being attractive and desirable. Five years of youth can help a lot.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Forgot to mention that after Bennett had the book The Rules of Attraction in his lap while laying in bed.

Henry reminds me of Rainman.

  • Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
16 minutes ago, configdotsys said:

I'm on the team that thinks that Olivia should have been paired with Henry and Christina with Brett.

I keep seeing similar statements in post after post.  Based solely on what we've seen of the four individuals since they met their respective spouses at the altar and tied the knot (and not counting any "previews" of scenes coming up this season that we don't know the context of), I have to ask why Olivia is better paired with Henry?  Olivia and Brett match up on paper pretty well,...Olivia was ticking off their compatibleness almost from the minute they said "I Do".  What does she really have in common with Henry other than they are both "nice" and kind of quiet and laid back?  Why should Christina be with Brett?  He loves cats.  Does Christina have any animals?  She loves to travel and because of her job can do so on very short notice...not conducive for a pet that needs to go potty or needs their water bowl refilled.  She didn't say she loves physical activity like Olivia did.  Just because Brett was a douche at his Bachelor party and Christina forgot her new husband's name doesn't mean they automatically should be matched.    

No, the truth is the experts should have passed on Henry as a candidate altogether.

  • Like 11
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, OnTime said:

There have been 10 seasons with 34 marriages, 10 still married and 24 divorces.

I don't even think the "experts" try anymore for successful marriages anymore as long as they get successful drama along the way.

That isn't that bad a statistic. I mean people generally don't stay together anymore I thought it was worse than that.

3 hours ago, OnTime said:

I was thinking the same thing!

All part of the script.....

If people get along, are pretty well matched and want to move on to stay together, are people going to complain because there's no train rats? I like the fact that my dictate wrote "train rats" instead of "train wrecks".  I'm really not a reality TV person so I enjoy when they get along and treat each other nice. I really don't like or watch people being ratchet.  I know a lot of people are bored when crazy things don't happen I don't watch this for crazy things I actually like to see people trying to create a relationship where there was none before and overcome enormous roadblocks to having a successful marriage.

Edited by Kira53 · Reason: I don't remember to proofread.
  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

5 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Pa'dentro

Hmm, I've only heard "Al dentro" for the last part of the toast but that's used in Spain.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
39 minutes ago, JapMo said:

I keep seeing similar statements in post after post.  Based solely on what we've seen of the four individuals since they met their respective spouses at the altar and tied the knot (and not counting any "previews" of scenes coming up this season that we don't know the context of), I have to ask why Olivia is better paired with Henry?  Olivia and Brett match up on paper pretty well,...Olivia was ticking off their compatibleness almost from the minute they said "I Do".  What does she really have in common with Henry other than they are both "nice" and kind of quiet and laid back?  Why should Christina be with Brett?  He loves cats.  Does Christina have any animals?  She loves to travel and because of her job can do so on very short notice...not conducive for a pet that needs to go potty or needs their water bowl refilled.  She didn't say she loves physical activity like Olivia did.  Just because Brett was a douche at his Bachelor party and Christina forgot her new husband's name doesn't mean they automatically should be matched.    

No, the truth is the experts should have passed on Henry as a candidate altogether.

Well, for one thing because people here are entitled to voice their opinions and some feel the pairings should have been switched. Not sure anyone needs to justify their opinion but for me, Christina's bitchiness and Brett's douchebaggery seem compatible. I think Olivia would be more patient with Henry and seems more chill and low key than Christina. 

  • Like 5
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

But Henry's favorite place to travel is the Northern Virginia suburbs of DC.  Then again, maybe it's the eastern part of Washington State your sister likes? 

 

I did chuckle at that mostly I live in the suburbs of MD and I love Northern Virginia -- mainly the areas with some mountain views (Purcellville is pretty and has some cute wineries). Virginia is a cool state -- I just got back from a weekend stay Hot Springs, Va which I think is in the south western part of the state.  Alleghany Mountains -- Beautiful mountain views!  Skyline drive of Virginia is gorgeous.  Then you've got the ocean!   It's got everything like my native MD!  Still, Henry should get out more.  🙂

Edited by Boo Boo
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
23 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

Damn.  Just told the husband wish we went to Mexico on the honeymoon.  In those days, most honeymooners went to the Poconos, Pa.

Did you have the giant champagne glass hot tub???  I saw that in a catalogue when I was about 5 and have coveted it ever since.  Even with the red shag and mirrored ceilings!

 

So wait...  did someone say that Henry had never been out of the country?  I must have missed that.

 

 

Edited by Stella Rose
  • Like 1
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

FWIW Bennet, population is the US has been going down for awhile although adoption is always needed too.

US population is not going down. The growth rate is going down. Overall population is going up, just slower than it did before. After peaking around 2014-2015, growth rate is now around half a percent. Still growing 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
19 hours ago, Ilovepie said:

Henry should not be on this show. How the hell was someone this boring cast? He is almost mute. Or is he a robot? Zero personality. I actually thought Cristina was trying to get something, ANYTHING! from him, but he almost always answers with yes or no and little elaboration while staring down. if she didn’t talk, it would be complete silence. It’s almost frustrating watching him - I keep waiting for some sign of life, but so far, nothing

And he agrees with everything and everyone -- that way no more talking or explanation required. He's a dud. I DO think though, to be fair, that there are some definite editing monkey hijinks going on with the length of pauses and SOME of the one-word answers. At least Christina gives him a chance to add more if he's so inclined. Tbh, I'd be so nervous I'd be jumping in quick and babbling like a fool just to fill his silences.

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

He's now sporting a most unfortunate mustache.

With the mustache he looks like he is walking right off an 80s porn set. 

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

Watching Amelia’s reaction to Bennet’s sleep dress takes me back a few seasons where that very mean chick was awful to her sweet husband who had the huge bushy beard. He was wearing some goofy overalls and she ridiculed him. Can’t remember their names. What a mountain of difference! 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size