Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E02: The Rumor Meal

• Start Topic

49 minutes ago, dosodog said:

Hello!  Is that seat next to you available?  I'm with you 100%.  Ashley spent every season but last year, dragging people, gossiping about them and demanding they give her the answers she wanted when THEY just wanted THEIR privacy.  Did anyone schedule a sit down dinner and try to make her apologize? (Maybe...I can't remember!).

So. I know that there are new moms out there a watching and they probably find infected nipples, lactating coaches and a torn anus, fascinating. I?  Do not!  Last week double breast pumps and now this week.

So Gisele, she of the pot stirring, plays runtelldat with information given to her by Ashley, about Monique and Candace?  And Monique went right for the worm on the hook.  And then previews show:

Hide contents

Gisele telling Monique she doesn't want to be around her after she loaded Monique up with information and landed getting into a physical fight with Candace.  I'm watching this storyline because I'm curious to see how dirty Gisele's hands get by instigating and stirring.

Spoiler

Monique played right into Gizelle's hands. She let her rile her up and now she will no longer be doing the show (as far as what I have heard). Giselle's eyes always turned greener since she always thought Monique was leading the life she wanted. Monique was a fool for trusting her but I guess we will have to wait to see how it plays out to see what really happened.

Ashley thinks being a mother will protect her from questions about her disgusting husband. I guess we have to pretend she is now untouchable. I am a mom and I call total bullshit. If Ashley can't handle questions about her personal life then she should not be on this show. I don't think anyone cares about her marriage to Dirty Downunder, anyway.

Edited by qtpye
  • Love 10
6 hours ago, Boofish said:

We are not here to listen to her dissertation on the collapse of the middle class and what it means for the future of social security for generation X.

Fair point, but that would be a hell of a lecture to sit in on -- where do i sign up?? 

• Love 1

Ugh Charisse coming up in the next episode. I really dislike her and her stupid bs. Plus her face looks weird.

Candiace is garbage. I’m glad Monique was zinging her. Candiace deserves it. Also this is harsh but she shouldn’t be a mom she would prob be horrible at it. She’s a cold bitch. If she has kids it will be a repeat of what happened with her and her own mom. Of course deadbeat Chris wants to knock her up. He wants to stay in that house. He’s such a loser. He already has like 3 kids he can’t take care of. Good thing grandma will fund everything.

I still think Karen and Rays marriage troubles is a SL they cane up with but who knows.

Still not sure about the new gal. So far not a fan.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, SlutAssBitchAssHor said:

I'm not saying I believe or disbelieve the Monique cheating rumors but I definitely feel like Charisse is salty about her own divorce and wants to start some shit with the Samuels.

Charrisse is salty because Monique used her to climb the social ladder. Her husband was done with her years before the show.  She was fine with Monique when they were conspiring with Kyndall against Gizelle.

Monique is sounding really silly time by claiming Candiace befriending Charrisse was like plotting against her when she did the same thing by befriending Kyndall to get at Gizelle.

No one can wind you up if you don't put yourself out there to be wound up.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, Marley said:

Ugh Charisse coming up in the next episode. I really dislike her and her stupid bs. Plus her face looks weird.

Candiace is garbage. I’m glad Monique was zinging her. Candiace deserves it. Also this is harsh but she shouldn’t be a mom she would prob be horrible at it. She’s a cold bitch. If she has kids it will be a repeat of what happened with her and her own mom. Of course deadbeat Chris wants to knock her up. He wants to stay in that house. He’s such a loser. He already has like 3 kids he can’t take care of. Good thing grandma will fund everything.

I still think Karen and Rays marriage troubles is a SL they cane up with but who knows.

Still not sure about the new gal. So far not a fan.

8 hours ago, drivethroo said:

Charrisse is salty because Monique used her to climb the social ladder. Her husband was done with her years before the show.  She was fine with Monique when they were conspiring with Kyndall against Gizelle.

Monique is sounding really silly time by claiming Candiace befriending Charrisse was like plotting against her when she did the same thing by befriending Kyndall to get at Gizelle.

No one can wind you up if you don't put yourself out there to be wound up.

There is a live feed, that Candiass did, where she admitted that the cast, besides Karen, plotted at Andy’s baby shower to spread a rumor that Monique’s youngest child was actually the trainer’s kid. Supposedly, Giselle was the main instigator.

She then went on to say Monique was conceited for thinking everyone was always plotting against her, so who the hell knows what to believe.

I watched the episode a second time and I am not feeling the new person. Also, if you are going to brag about being a professor at a prestigious university, then pronounce the word library correctly. Second, that bio page they showed with her in the red dress read John Hopkins University instead of Johns. Who created that? 

I also hate it when the women on these franchises say, "Me and X have to talk" instead of "X and I have to talk." Leah on the NY show does that about 10 times each episode and it drives me mad.

I wonder if Candace knows how much so many people watching this show do not like her and think that she's an awful human being?

Karen's current house and the one before that looks like a house staged for the market and so unlived in. Why does she set the dining table for 10 or whatever when it seems no one's coming to dinner?

• Love 14
4 hours ago, qtpye said:

Monique’s youngest child was actually the trainer’s kid.

Too bad we all have eyes and saw Big Chris holding his mini me.  Good grief, what an awful thing to want to be a part of.  Attempting to destroy someone’s marriage, and for what?  I’m sure Giz doesn’t see the ultimate harm, as she clearly has no issue with infidelity.  Not everyone can just get over it, this could have really done permanent damage.  Not to mention, bringing that innocent baby into it by questioning his paternity? FOH.  Trifling bitches.  Get your own houses in order Giz and Candiace.  

• Love 16
16 minutes ago, geauxaway said:

Too bad we all have eyes and saw Big Chris holding his mini me.  

As freaky as it is how much Dean looks like his dad, at least Ashley doesn't have to deal with any rumors that she found a different sperm donor.

• LOL 7
  • Love 2

I don't believe the cheating rumors for one minute because if there was ANY VALIDITY or proof, it would be the entire story line of the season because that is how these shows work. Charisse would be a friend of this season, have a few confessionals the works. I do believe Monique was a true friend to Charisse but she ultimately chose the wrong side and is now stuck just making appearances whenever someone throws her a bone. 

Edited by Boofish
  • Love 4
On 8/10/2020 at 9:58 AM, islandgal140 said:

I guess I am the cheese that stands alone because I don't hate Candiace. Due to my strong, and I mean strong dislike of Ashley, I like her in "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" kinda way.  I just really dislike Ashley after last season. After years of going hard at many cast members, when the worm finally turned and her business was out in the streets, suddenly she wants the privacy she never accorded anyway else. Bitch please! I don't detest her like a Tamra, but boy do I not like her. 

That being said, Candiace's social media persona, however, is detestable. I don't even have a twitter/IG but from what I have seen she becomes a rabid gnat with barely any provocation. If anyone needs a social media time out it is her.

I certainly don't love Ashley - and find her denial about Michael's clear guilt last year truly disturbing - but I will say that Candiace went beyond the pale last season in many ways. It's one thing to casually question your friend's attempts at pregnancy, or maybe throw some light shade behind her back, but the way Candiace went after Ashley for it - grilling her, getting upset over it, seemingly taking it personally - was just so out of left field and over the top. But then the real low was actually making fun of Ashley's speech about the miscarriage. Maybe my memory is selective, but I don't ever remember Ashley being so cruel towards someone. Messy as hell, yes, but not belligerent and cruel. The fact that Candiace shows no remorse for any of these actions if pretty outrageous.

• Love 13
On 8/11/2020 at 7:14 AM, qtpye said:

There is a live feed, that Candiass did, where she admitted that the cast, besides Karen, plotted at Andy’s baby shower to spread a rumor that Monique’s youngest child was actually the trainer’s kid. Supposedly, Giselle was the main instigator.

She then went on to say Monique was conceited for thinking everyone was always plotting against her, so who the hell knows what to believe.

Fake news, they were not at Andy's baby shower. They were the only franchise that was not invited.  They confronted Andy about this because they weren't there, he said Kyle Richards planned the shower , guess she overlook Potomac . 

Edited by byrd
3 minutes ago, byrd said:

Fake news, they were not at Andy's baby shower. They were the only franchise that was not invited. 

Wow, shows how Potomac stands when compared with the rest.

Candiass is then probably lying about everything...not surprising.

2 minutes ago, qtpye said:

I just remember them confronting him about it on WWHL, maybe they did receive an invite  I don't know..

4 minutes ago, qtpye said:

Looking at pictures now online from the shower.. they were there. I stand corrected.

22 hours ago, PhilMarlowe2 said:

I certainly don't love Ashley - and find her denial about Michael's clear guilt last year truly disturbing - but I will say that Candiace went beyond the pale last season in many ways. It's one thing to casually question your friend's attempts at pregnancy, or maybe throw some light shade behind her back, but the way Candiace went after Ashley for it - grilling her, getting upset over it, seemingly taking it personally - was just so out of left field and over the top. But then the real low was actually making fun of Ashley's speech about the miscarriage. Maybe my memory is selective, but I don't ever remember Ashley being so cruel towards someone. Messy as hell, yes, but not belligerent and cruel. The fact that Candiace shows no remorse for any of these actions if pretty outrageous.

Candiace is a nut case.

• Love 2
On 8/11/2020 at 12:29 PM, Boofish said:

I don't believe the cheating rumors for one minute because if there was ANY VALIDITY or proof, it would be the entire story line of the season because that is how these shows work. Charisse would be a friend of this season, have a few confessionals the works. I do believe Monique was a true friend to Charisse but she ultimately chose the wrong side and is now stuck just making appearances whenever someone throws her a bone. 

There seemed to be a level of jealousy from some of these women when Monique appeared on the scene. Giselle, Robyn, most especially . Karen was okay with her, but I think as Monique became popular within the group, Charisse became more uncomfortable, she felt that she was losing her shine.  I don't believe Monique used Charisse for any social climbing, once Monique appeared on the show she just did what they all do, she found a way to become a  permanent housewife. Charisse is just sour grapes, misery loves company. 

Edited by byrd
  • Love 7
23 minutes ago, byrd said:

There seemed to be a level of jealousy from some of these women when Monique appeared on the scene. Giselle, Robyn, most especially . Karen was okay with her, but I think as Monique became popular within the group, Charisse became more uncomfortable, she felt that she was losing her shine.  I don't believe Monique used Charisse for any social climbing, once Monique appeared on the show she just did what they all do, she found a way to become a  permanent housewife. Charisse is just sour grapes, misery loves company. 

ALL. OF. THIS. The Gang Gang Gang (Gizelle, Robin and Charisse) come across as very jealous about the popularity she enjoys as well as her life in general. 

• Love 4
58 minutes ago, byrd said:

33 minutes ago, Boofish said:

ALL. OF. THIS. The Gang Gang Gang (Gizelle, Robin and Charisse) come across as very jealous about the popularity she enjoys as well as her life in general. 

Charisse was miffed because she is the one howife on the show with all the connections but she just did not connect with viewers. Also, she might not have the connections now that her marriage is over.

I imagine that Charisse got a hard shock that when she was no longer coaches' that not many people were returning her calls. This happens after a divorce when you get most of your prestige and standing from your husband's position.

Gizelle is just angry because she is the beautiful woman with the pedigree that SHOULD HAVE Monique's life. Instead she is pretending to have a relationship with her dusty old cheating ex.

Robyn is follower who is not particularly bright.

• Love 12
On 8/11/2020 at 7:14 AM, qtpye said:

Well... I for one am also suspicious of the new found friendship with Candiace and Charisse. Most especially since two season ago Candice blasted Charisse for being an old ugly lady and brought Charisse to tears . Those feelings of insecurity were brought to the surface since her cheating ass spouse left her for a much younger woman.  Now all of a sudden we are best buddies ..Nah..  I SMELL A SETUP ! 

• Love 6
On 8/10/2020 at 8:33 PM, SlutAssBitchAssHor said:

I'm not saying I believe or disbelieve the Monique cheating rumors but I definitely feel like Charisse is salty about her own divorce and wants to start some shit with the Samuels. 

Correct and I so agree, this is who Charisse is, vindictive and messy. Also I hated her " TAGLINE ", If I don't know you , you're not worth knowing !    Now tell me who says some shit like that ? 

Edited by byrd
  • Love 3
On 8/13/2020 at 7:07 AM, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

Unpopular opinion :

Ashley has what seems like an uncomfortable and awkward injury from giving birth.  If you're having a party for her due to her giving birth, and you are a mom yourself LET HER TALK about what she has been through ! Even if it is at a dinner table. The first few weeks with a baby are the most isolating, lonely, developmental, pivoting days of your life and no amount of ob visits or advice from mom or 1000s of hours watching TLCs A Baby Story prepares you for what childbirth does to your body.  Honor other women and they're experience of bringing life into the world . Women are warriors! 

I thought the women were seriously unsupportive and rude. 

x1000

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, DeeplyShallow said:

x1000

Thanks, it is SO fake of these women who have gone thru childbirth to clutch their pearls and act all horrified about recovering from birth. Puzzles me. I guess they are just THAT fake. Not supportive. And the whole damn meal was  in honor of her having the baby! Come on ladies.

• Love 2
On 8/10/2020 at 9:58 AM, islandgal140 said:

Candiace was a fool to even show up to that dinner. Why come to a get together to celebrate a woman who she has been twitter battling with? A woman she wouldn't deign to invite to her own cash bar party? She should have either met up with Ashley before the dinner to try to settle their beefs or not gone.  How could Candiace feel that it wouldn't be awkward or that Gizelle wouldn't be her usual messy self and dredge shit up between them again? That being said, I did semi-enjoy Candiace telling Gizelle to STFU!  

I guess I am the cheese that stands alone because I don't hate Candiace. Due to my strong, and I mean strong dislike of Ashley, I like her in "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" kinda way.  I just really dislike Ashley after last season. After years of going hard at many cast members, when the worm finally turned and her business was out in the streets, suddenly she wants the privacy she never accorded anyway else. Bitch please! I don't detest her like a Tamra, but boy do I not like her. 

Thank you for this.  I HAAATE Ashley.  I disliked her from the first season.  Her faux concern drove me up the wall.  She couldn't shut up about Robyn and Juan and how Robyn wasn't "in a relationship that was conducive to being happy!"  Sis couldn't shut up about Robyn's financial situation.  She always played the innocent "oh, but I just looked it up on Google, I didn't mean anything by it!"

Robyn was well within her rights to tell Ashley that being with a man who grabs asses and wants to suck her friends dick as also "not a relationship conduscive to being happy!"  Instead, Robyn was vilified by Ashley and her creepy ass weirdo husband for RELUCTANTLY telling the truth.  I'm still not over Ashley taking up for a man I think she KNEW was going around doing exactly what he was accused of.  

Ashley is classic "can dish it out, but can't take it"

I will forever laugh at Karen turning around Ashleys little"clankikty clank/drop the soap " on Ashley.  

Ashley, to me, is just a terrible person and Karen was right when she said that Ashley was broken.  

I honestly prefer Gizelle to Ashley.  Gizelle is a shady pot-stirrer, but there are moments when she is genuinely happy for people, moments when she is really amusing and moments when she does apologize, and I can't help it, but I love her frenemy relationship with Karen.  There is no such charm to Ashley, its all just very superficial with her, there is nothing real or authentic about Ashley.  

• Love 3
On 8/11/2020 at 11:55 AM, Feline Goddess said:

Anyone else notice Candiace referring to the placecards as nametags?  

I agree with Karen. I'm not impressed with Wendy. 

As a rule, I'm generally weary of ANYONE who throws their title in someone's face.  I just think its kinda tacky, the same way I thought Monique CONSTANTLY humblebragging about her wealth was kinda tacky.  

This would apply to anyone, but I think I get very weary of people who demand to be called "doctor" when their doctorate isn't anything related to medicine.  Before you come @ me, I know that by rights a person with a Ph.D. in public affairs and philosophy may be addressed as a doctor.  Technically, I could be addressed as a doctor.  But, I just find it pretentious.  I think because with a medical doctor its essential that you KNOW that they are a doctor, but if you're going to give me your philosophical hottakes, I dont need to know that you have a PH.D.

I also can't imagine she is taking a career in acadamia seriously if she is on a trashy reality show where people throw butter knives and husbands grab butts.  She is not a tenured professor, but an associate professor.  I still think its an AMAZING feat, but unless I hear otherwise, she wouldn't have a rock solid "I can't get fired unless I set this building on fire" contract where she could do this show and still be sure that she'd keep her job.  

• Love 3
On 8/11/2020 at 3:27 PM, PhilMarlowe2 said:

I've been binging this show so I just finished up season 4.

I understood Candace's problem with Ashley surrounding the drinking thing.  

It was Ashley who wanted to stop drinking because she thought it would help her chances of conception and carrying a baby to term.  This is what Ashley told Candace.  So it was weird for Ashley to claim that Candace was being judgmental about her drinking when ASHLEY was the one who said that she wasn't going to drink in order to create the right conditions to conceive and carry a baby to term.  

All the women ganged up on Candace like SHE had told Ashley to do that, but she didn't, Ashley said that was her plan and when she deviated from the plan it kinda seemed like maybe she wasn't that serious about having a baby if Ashley couldn't/wouldnt stick to HER OWN plan for a successful conception and pregnancy. 

I haven't seen Candace's social media, but I think Ashley is plenty cruel.  Ashley's treatment of Katie last year was cruel and brutal.  Anyone could see that Katie was clearly going through something very serious and she appeared to be drugged.  Ashley, seeing a weak link, chose to attack Katie.  It was ugly behavior, which she would have continued had Gizelle not finally stopped her  So Ashley isn't a saint by any means.  

I didn't watch the episode with the rainbow baby party and the miscarriage stories.  But Ashley loves attention and its hard to tell how authentic anything is with her because I think that it was at this party that Michael left and apparently was in Monique's basement grabbing more butts.  But to hear Ashley tell it, she and Michael have an amazingly close relationship and he was just devestated over the lost baby....but at a party where they are discussing miscarriages he was so sad that he went downstairs to grab butts?  I don't know.  However, I can see how it would be a very low blow on Candace's part. 

On 9/16/2020 at 7:01 AM, RealReality said:

I've been binging this show so I just finished up season 4.

I understood Candace's problem with Ashley surrounding the drinking thing.  

It was Ashley who wanted to stop drinking because she thought it would help her chances of conception and carrying a baby to term.  This is what Ashley told Candace.  So it was weird for Ashley to claim that Candace was being judgmental about her drinking when ASHLEY was the one who said that she wasn't going to drink in order to create the right conditions to conceive and carry a baby to term.  

All the women ganged up on Candace like SHE had told Ashley to do that, but she didn't, Ashley said that was her plan and when she deviated from the plan it kinda seemed like maybe she wasn't that serious about having a baby if Ashley couldn't/wouldnt stick to HER OWN plan for a successful conception and pregnancy. 

Even if that is the case, it still doesn't warrant, justify or explain why Candiace was so upset about it. It had nothing to do with Candiace. There are a million ways Candiace could have expressed her confusion or even doubts. She didn't have to aggressively go after Ashley over something that had nothing to do with her.

• Love 5
On 9/18/2020 at 9:07 PM, PhilMarlowe2 said:

Even if that is the case, it still doesn't warrant, justify or explain why Candiace was so upset about it. It had nothing to do with Candiace. There are a million ways Candiace could have expressed her confusion or even doubts. She didn't have to aggressively go after Ashley over something that had nothing to do with her.

I don't think Candace started out on 10.  I think she GOT to 10 when Ashley acted like Candace mentioning it came out of nowhere and that she was just being gratuitously judgmental.  

You think drinking will help you get pregnant, but you're drinking, so how serious can you possibly be if you're not doing something that would help you have a baby?

Ashley, knowing full well that she committed to cut down her drinking in order to get pregnant, didn't acknowledge that, but sat there and played the wronged victim.  Like HOW could ANYONE doubt her sincerity JUST BECAUSE she was drinking.  

Candace, IMO, got mad because she got ganged up on for being overly judgmental, and I don't think she particularly being overly judgmental.  Had Ashley said that she was going to stop eating green eggs and ham because she heard it could mess with conception and Candace saw Ashley eating green eggs and ham all weekend....its okay to think that maybe Ashley doesn't want to really get pregnant if she just can't stop eating green eggs and ham during a weekend trip.

These women stay in business that is not their own.  Since when was Robyn's marriage and financial status any of Ashley's business?  But she stayed in it, even after being expressly told to stay out of it.  

But no one can be in Ashley's business ?

• Love 3
On 9/20/2020 at 12:26 AM, RealReality said:

I don't think Candace started out on 10.  I think she GOT to 10 when Ashley acted like Candace mentioning it came out of nowhere and that she was just being gratuitously judgmental.  

You think drinking will help you get pregnant, but you're drinking, so how serious can you possibly be if you're not doing something that would help you have a baby?

Ashley, knowing full well that she committed to cut down her drinking in order to get pregnant, didn't acknowledge that, but sat there and played the wronged victim.  Like HOW could ANYONE doubt her sincerity JUST BECAUSE she was drinking.  

Candace, IMO, got mad because she got ganged up on for being overly judgmental, and I don't think she particularly being overly judgmental.  Had Ashley said that she was going to stop eating green eggs and ham because she heard it could mess with conception and Candace saw Ashley eating green eggs and ham all weekend....its okay to think that maybe Ashley doesn't want to really get pregnant if she just can't stop eating green eggs and ham during a weekend trip.

These women stay in business that is not their own.  Since when was Robyn's marriage and financial status any of Ashley's business?  But she stayed in it, even after being expressly told to stay out of it.  

But no one can be in Ashley's business ?

While I don't agree with your timeline - I think Candiace seemed pretty triggered from the beginning - it's still on Candiace if she ends up getting to 10. At the end of the day, it was none of her business. If Ashley "flip flopping" on her own pregnancy gets Candiace so upset, she still needs to look inside to figure out why it got her so upset.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, PhilMarlowe2 said:

While I don't agree with your timeline - I think Candiace seemed pretty triggered from the beginning - it's still on Candiace if she ends up getting to 10. At the end of the day, it was none of her business. If Ashley "flip flopping" on her own pregnancy gets Candiace so upset, she still needs to look inside to figure out why it got her so upset.

Maybe I'll re-watch, but I don't think Ashleys drinking made Candace feel any kind of way.  I think the other women coming down on her for being judgmental is what upset her.  Because I don't think Candace was being judgmental for using Ashley's statements about abstaining from drinking so that she could get pregnant.  

I also don't buy into the standard Ashley defense that she can meddle in everyone else's business, but HER business is off limits.  She spoke to multiple people and on camera about her desire to get pregnant, and her plan to abstain from drinking because she thought it would help her conceive.  Why is it off limits?  Why?  Because Ashley Darby always has a reason why its okay for her to be up in your business, but not okay for her to get the same treatment.  If her conception plans were so sacred and off limits, she should not have used them as a storyline on a reality show.  

Had Ashley never said that and Candace went in on her for drinking I'd agree with the other women that Candace was being judgmental, but I don't particularly think its judgmental to gauge someone's commitment by their ability to stick to their own plans.  And I might be uspet if I was being accused by a group of coworrkers or friends for being judgmental when I wasn't. 

Candace, however, lost points when she started to try to quote the surgeon general or some such nonsense.  Plenty drunk women get pregnant, and many a child is conceived with the help of liquor.  LOL.  

I wanna re-watch, but Wendy Williams has RHOP on Hot Topics.  poo on you youtube!  Lies, WW doesn't have the tea, but she will have Candace on her show on Monday?

Edited by RealReality
  • Love 1
On 8/10/2020 at 12:52 PM, Double A said:

I am blown away by this! When Karen opened up in the first episode about things being bad I did a spit take. But Ray's "Kelsey" move was stunning and mean. What happened to make them stop the charade?? 

Karen needs a story line?