Type keyword(s) to search

Media for Star Trek: Prodigy

• Start Topic

First look picture of some of the characters, and other new info: http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news/2021/02/24/paramountplus-is-the-home-of-the-star-trek-universe-359015/20210224cbs02/

cbs20210224b.jpg

ViacomCBS today announced that the Star Trek Universe will head to Paramount +. The news was revealed during ViacomCBS' Investor Day event for its highly anticipated new streaming service. Included within the line-up is the upcoming all-new animated kids' series STAR TREK: PRODIGY which will now premiere on Paramount+ in the U.S. in 2021. Developed and produced by Nickelodeon and CBS Studios, PRODIGY is the first Star Trek series for the kids and family audience and will bow later on Nickelodeon, following its premiere run on Paramount+.

A first-look image of the STAR TREK: PRODIGY bridge crew was also released today.  In PRODIGY, six young outcasts know nothing about the ship they have commandeered - a first in the history of the Star Trek Franchise, but over the course of their adventures together, they will each be introduced to Starfleet and the ideals it represents.

Bigger pic and some quotes here: https://deadline.com/2021/02/star-trek-prodigy-paramount-plus-debut-nickelodeon-alex-kurtzman-julie-mcnamara-1234700018/

PRODIGY-BRIDGE-CREW.jpg?w=681&h=383&crop

“This show is really for younger kids,’ Trekverse overlord Alex Kurtzman said to Deadline. Kurtzman is an executive producer on Prodigy, along with Heather Kadin, Katie Krentz, Rod Roddenberry and Trevor Roth and co-showrunners the Hageman brothers. Ben Hibon will direct and co-executive produce, with Aaron Baiers also serving as co-EP on Prodigy.

“As somebody who grew up watching certain shows that spoke to me as a kid, but then also spoke to my parents so that my parents could watch it with me, I think that speaks very much to one of the things that Trek does right,” Kurtzman said. “Families watch it together. A parent can watch it with their children. And this show is going to be for our youngest audience so far, but I think given the scope and scale of it it’s not really going to look like anything you’ve seen before in that we have a really cinematic approach to what we’re doing.”

Press release about how Capt. Janeway will appear in the show: http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news/2021/04/05/first-look-image-of-captain-kathryn-janeway-in-paramountplus-animated-series-star-trek-prodigy-revealed-472410/20210405paramount05/

Paramount+ today released a first look image of Captain Kathryn Janeway in its upcoming all-new animated kids' series STAR TREK: PRODIGY. Kate Mulgrew ("Star Trek: Voyager") reprises her role as Janeway, who will serve as the STAR TREK: PRODIGY starship's built in emergency training hologram. The news was revealed by series executive producers Kevin and Dan Hageman during today's virtual global First Contact Day panels. The Hagemans also revealed that the series takes place in the year 2383, after the events of "Star Trek: Voyager," and in the Delta Quadrant. Developed and produced by Nickelodeon and CBS Studios, STAR TREK: PRODIGY will premiere on Paramount+ in the U.S. later this year.

(emphasis mine)

paramount20210405b.jpg

On 10/23/2020 at 5:41 PM, Kromm said:

If any of the other Voyager cast are in it, especially Jeri Ryan, I'm wondering if Animated is ideal, so they don't have to actually talk to or see Mulgrew.

Does Mulgrew not get along with the rest of the cast?    I know she and Jeri Ryan weren't friends (but I thought they kept it professional) but I never heard anything about her and she he rest of the cast.  

On 4/16/2021 at 9:42 PM, Maverick said:

Does Mulgrew not get along with the rest of the cast?    I know she and Jeri Ryan weren't friends (but I thought they kept it professional) but I never heard anything about her and she he rest of the cast.  

I listen to the Delta Flyers podcast with Robbie Duncan McNeil(Tom Paris) and Garrett Wang (Harry Kim). They say that there is no hard feelings between any cast members, excepting the Kes actress who they don't talk much about, so I can't say. Kate has been on the podcast more than once as has most of the cast and there does not seem to be any bad blood at all. Jeri Ryan has not been on, but they are only in season 3 so we have not gotten to her seasons yet.

From what I saw of the interview about this show, Mulgrew's character is a training hologram left behind in the Delta Quadrant so the rest of the cast would not necessarily be involved.

The show will have a panel for Comic-Con @Home:

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news/2021/07/08/the-star-trek-universe-beams-into-comic-conathome-423313/20210708cbs02/

THE "STAR TREK" UNIVERSE BEAMS INTO COMIC-CON@HOME

Programming to Feature Paramount+'s Animated "Star Trek" Series Including the Inaugural Cast Panel for "Star Trek: Prodigy," and Season Two of "Star Trek: Lower Decks"

Paramount+, the streaming service from ViacomCBS, beams "Star Trek" into Comic-Con@Home on Friday, July 23, beginning at 10AM PDT, with back-to-back panel sessions featuring cast and producers from the service's two animated "Star Trek" series, the upcoming STAR TREK: PRODIGY -- the first "Star Trek" animated kids series -- and season two of the adult animated comedy STAR TREK: LOWER DECKS. The "Star Trek" Universe panels kick off Paramount+'s Comic-Con@Home "Peak Animation" programming block showcasing the service's upcoming animated series, with additional panels to be announced.

Comic-Con@Home panels will be available to view on Comic-Con's YouTube page at https://www.youtube.com/user/ComicCon.

The "Star Trek" Universe at Comic-Con@Home will feature exclusive conversations with cast and producers moderated by "Star Trek's" own Jerry O'Connell.

STAR TREK: PRODIGY

Paramount+, CBS Studios and Nickelodeon present the inaugural cast panel for the highly anticipated upcoming "Star Trek" animated kids' series, STAR TREK: PRODIGY, with voice cast Kate Mulgrew, Brett Gray, Ella Purnell, Angus Imrie, Rylee Alazraqui, Dee Bradley Baker and Jason Mantzoukas alongside executive producers Kevin Hageman and Dan Hageman and director/co-executive producer Ben Hibon.

‘Star Trek: Prodigy’ Adds John Noble, Jimmi Simpson as Main Villains

Jimmi-Simpson-John-Noble.jpg

John Noble will voice the animated series’ lead villain, known as the Diviner, who rules the mining asteroid of Tars Lamora in a merciless quest to locate the U.S.S. Protostar, the mysteriously abandoned experimental Federation starship. One of the Protostar’s fledgling crew happens to be the Diviner’s child, Gwyn (Ella Purnell), which no doubt complicates matters for her new compatriots, especially since the Diviner sees Gwyn as the heir to his legacy.

Jimmi Simpson will voice Drednok, the Diviner’s spider-like robotic minion whose only purpose in life is to enforce his master’s will with hard-hearted ruthlessness.

• Useful 1
On 8/31/2021 at 9:04 PM, Anduin said:

I'm guessing that was a title sequence, but it's region-locked for me. Here's one that works for me.

And it's great! I'm really looking forward to seeing this!

Fascinating that the kids version of Trek has a spaceship skimming along Janeway's boob (then eventually her face, but first, her boob). 

They're great looking credits though, jokes aside. 

• Love 1

Premiere screening and panel at NY Comic Con:

Sun, Oct 10, 2021

12:45 PM - 2:00 PM

Empire Stage

Join Paramount+, CBS Studios and Nickelodeon for a premiere screening for the whole family of the highly anticipated upcoming “Star Trek” animated kids’ series, STAR TREK: PRODIGY. Following the screening, cast and producers will take the stage for a moderated panel discussion.

Developed by Emmy® Award-winners Kevin and Dan Hageman (“Trollhunters” and “Ninjago”) the CG-animated series STAR TREK: PRODIGY is the first “Star Trek” series aimed at younger audiences and will follow a motley crew of young aliens who must figure out how to work together while navigating a greater galaxy, in search for a better future. These six young outcasts know nothing about the ship they have commandeered – a first in the history of the Star Trek Franchise – but over the course of their adventures together, they will each be introduced to Starfleet and the ideals it represents. Produced by the Nickelodeon Animation Studio and CBS Studios, STAR TREK: PRODIGY will premiere on Paramount+ this fall.

https://www.newyorkcomiccon.com/en-us/explore/panels/panel-information.html?gtID=747899&panel-name=Star-Trek-Prodigy-Premiere-Screening-and-amp-Panel

Star Trek: Prodigy will premieres on Oct. 28 on Paramount+ with a one-hour episode titled Lost & Found. A group of lawless teens, exiled on a mining colony outside Federation space, discover a derelict Starfleet ship, the U.S.S Protostar. Dal must gather an unlikely crew for their newfound ship if they are going to escape Tars Lamora, but the Diviner and his daughter Gwyn have other plans.

Star Trek: Prodigy has added Daveed Diggs, Jameela Jamil, Jason Alexander and Robert Beltran to its voice casting for the show.

Daveed Diggs will voice Commander Tysess.

Jameela Jamil will voice Ensign Asencia.

Jason Alexander will voice Doctor Noum.

Robert Beltran will reprise his “Star Trek: Voyager” role as Captain Chakotay.

They join the rest of the cast:

a Captain Janeway hologram (voiced by Kate Mulgrew)

E3pB4i1VUAE9GaD.jpg

an indestructible blob, Murf, who loves to eat parts from the ship (voiced by Dee Bradley Baker)

a bright eight-year-old Brikar, Rok-Tahk (voiced by Rylee Alazraqui)

a sixteen-year-old Tellarite, Jankom Pog (voiced by Jason Mantazoukas) who loves to argue just for argument's sake

a noncorporeal and genderless Medusan, an energy-based species, named Zero (voiced by Angus Imrie). If you were to look at Zero's true appearance you would die from insanity, so Zero wears a containment suit to protect its shipmates from harm.

the "leader" of the lawless teens, 17-year-old Dal (voiced by Brett Gray)

a 17-year-old Vau N'Akart, Gwyn (voiced by Ella Purnell) who is the daughter of The Diviner 

the main villains: the Diviner (John Noble) and Drednok (Jimmi Simpson).

• Useful 1

I usually aviod CGI animation because I find it creepy, but I will give this a try after the success of Lower Decks. A Medusian chracter is an interesting idea, as it was famously pointed out that the Medisians are either too ugly or too beautiful to look at.

26 minutes ago, Trini said:

Is this going to be on Nickelodeon eventually? I'm not getting Paramount+.

All the wiki entry says is after the 1st season airs on streaming (20 episodes) but before the 2nd begins. So yes, eventually.

• Love 1
On 9/26/2021 at 9:09 PM, AnimeMania said:

star-trek-prodigy-captain-janeway.jpg?au

star-trek-prodigy-dal.jpg?auto=webp&widt

star-trek-prodigy-gwyn.jpg?auto=webp&wid

star-trek-prodigy-jakom-pog.jpg?auto=web

star-trek-prodigy-murf-rok-tahk.jpg?auto

star-trek-prodigy-zero.jpg?auto=webp&wid

star-trek-prodigy-key-art.jpg?auto=webp&

So weird that a hologram has a shadow.  Would even one with a mobile emitter have a shadow?   I suppose The Doctor had a shadow, but mostly because they didn't really have an easy way to film the actor without one.  

‘Star Trek: Prodigy’ Renewed For Season 2 By Paramount+

... The streamer has ordered a 10-episode second season for premiere sometime next year.

The renewal announcement comes amid strong viewership for Season 1, which saw the top-performing premiere day out for any original animated kids series on the service, according to the streamer.

Season 1 premiered on Thursday, Oct. 28 with a one-hour episode on Paramount+, with new episodes rolling out weekly on Thursdays through Thursday, Nov. 18. Following a mid-season break, the remaining five episodes of season one’s first half will begin streaming weekly, starting on Thursday, Jan. 6.

• Love 1

Star Trek: Prodigy arrives with a hour-long series Premiere on Nickelodeon Friday, December 17th at 8/7c pm.

The first five episodes of Star Trek: Prodigy are currently streaming on Paramount+. New episodes will return to Paramount+ on Thursday, January 6, 2022. 

• Useful 1

Star Trek Prodigy: Supernova video game will release for the PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PC via Steam as well as Google Stadia on October 14th.

"After the Protostar picks up strange readings from a dying star, Dal R'El and Gwyndala race against time to save their friends, their ship, new alien species and an entire planetary system before a supernova destroys them all! When the Protostar's malfunctioning transporter scatters the crew across three alien planets, Dal and Gwyn must use their wits and skills to overcome ingenious puzzles, endure hostile environments and battle deadly robot armies to rescue Jankom Pog, Rok-Tahk, Zero and Murf. But as they search for their friends, they soon discover a sinister and deadly new enemy, one that will stop at nothing to destroy the Protostar and change the very course of history!"

Interesting that in an interview with Garret Wang he talked about not being on Star Trek Picard final season but saying: "Star Trek Prodigy seems like a good place for Harry Kim now." 

• Like 1

Star Trek: Prodigy Update: "This Will Not Be The End of That Crew"

On 6/23/2023 at 3:40 PM, Trini said:

I assume Nickelodeon might still air it?

Star Trek: Prodigy will not continue airing on Nickelodeon. 

The production team will complete Season 2, while looking for a new home for the show.

Daveed Diggs as Commander Tysess

Jameela Jamil as Ensign Asencia

Jason Alexander as Doctor Noum

Robert Beltran as Captain Chakotay from Star Trek: Voyager

The first half of Star Trek: Prodigy: Season 1 – Episodes 1-10 was released on Blu-Ray and DVD.

The second half of Star Trek: Prodigy: Season 1 – Episodes 11-20 will be released on Blu-Ray and DVD on September 26, 2023.

81s4TizccfL._SL1500_.jpg

• Like 2