Type keyword(s) to search

The Cast in Other Roles: They're all Double Agents

3 hours ago, GussieK said:

So glad you liked this!  There really should be a forum for the old Hallmark specials. Many are wonderful. They are no longer the same.  They used to be major TV network events. 

I just did a very quick and cursory check. There appears to be possibly more than one hundred Hallmark productions.  Yippee!

Keri appears in a movie called "Free State of Jones" made in 2016.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1124037/

I've only watched a little bit of it but I like it and want to pass this info on to you. If anyone can pls tell me if there is a more appropriate place to post this kind of info, I would sure appreciate.

ETA: After watching the entire movie, I found that Keri has a small role but she's real interesting to watch. It's something very different for her. She plays a young wife during the American Civil War and she really does a fine job. The movie stars Matthew McConaughey and he does a great job.

Well, now to settle down for some more alternate shows to keep myself busy till next year's final season.

I've been watching Brothers and Sisters on Hulu.  I never saw it the first time around, so it's fun to see Matthew Rhys in an early role.  It's not a bad show.

You all might like Scapegoat, a Daphne DuMaurier twister with Matthew Rhys in dual roles!  It's on Netflix streaming.  Maybe a bit preposterous but satisfying.

(edited)

I didn't realize that Holly Taylor played in the Broadway Production of Billy Eliot at age 11.   She doesn't have a long list of credits, but, appears to be a hard worker.  She's very bright.  I was impressed to read of her being intellectually gifted.  It seems she got her roll as Paige out of no where.  My goodness.  How fortunate for her.  

I had no idea that she is 19 years old! I bet her youthful appearance will be a benefit in getting roles. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holly_Taylor

Edited by SunnyBeBe

Matthew Rhys will be in the Spielberg film The Papers which is shooting right now with Tom Hanks and Meryl Streep. Not too shabby. It comes out December 22nd. It's about the Pentagon Papers.

• Love 1
On ‎6‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 1:45 AM, Razzberry said:

Pastor Tim has surfaced as Hercules Mulligan,  Alexander Hamilton's BFF and spy extraordinaire for Washington in TURN. 

My first reaction was "Wait, Pastor Tim isn't Black."  LOL!

• Love 1
On 20/03/2017 at 11:31 AM, MissBluxom said:

Thank you very much for this recommendation. I just watched it and it was really poignant. I enjoyed it very much. Keri was great. She displayed a real range of her character. I'm going to have to find out more about Hallmark movies. I've heard of them in the past but always figured they would be too boring. I don't know how I ever got such a dumb idea. But thanks to you I will try to find some more of them. I really liked this one.

Was the move about a career women who unwillingly visits her home town, and then ends up falling in love with a flannel wearing man?

On 7/2/2017 at 5:52 AM, Kokapetl said:

Was the move about a career women who unwillingly visits her home town, and then ends up falling in love with a flannel wearing man?

It was actually a lot better than that. She played a 1940's pregnant woman from an upper-middle class background who is forced by her parents to marry a humble farmer, who just so happens to look like Skeet Ullrich. They live in an isolated ranch in Colorado, and she befriends two Japanese interment workers and forges a friendship with them as she adjusts to her new life.

• Love 2
On 4/8/2015 at 11:11 AM, sistermagpie said:

I have always loved that Barefoot in the Park. To this day I always imagine Richard Thomas's inflections on all the lines I saw it so many times. "Oh no, just for very formal sleeps!"

Obviously this is an old post!  I'm just tooling around The Americans forum and saw your response. 

I also love the film version with Jane Fonda and Robert Redford!!  I looked it up online and it brought up things about both versions.  High schools are putting on the play!!  I didn't know that!!  That is very cool!!!  I would definitely go to see it at one of the schools known for putting on excellent plays and musicals in my area.            

• Love 1

"Zanaida" was on S9 E5 of NCIS: LA (Mountebank) playing a high-rolling Russian woman.  

Two bits of trivia about Svetlana Efremova from IMDb:

1.  She is a professor of theatre and head of the acting program at Cal State-Fullerton, where she has taught since 1999.

2.  She moved to the United States a year after her 1990 tour with a company from the Leningrad (now St. Petersburg) Academy of Theatre. She was quoted in the Los Angeles Times, "If you taste freedom--I start liking it. I thought if Communism will win, I don't want to be there".   (I like this quote from her!  I wonder if she was in any way conflicted about her role on the Americans.)

Costa Ronin is playing another Russian spy, this time in the present day, on the current season of Homeland. It's a bit jarring to see classy, well-bred Oleg one night, and thuggish potty-mouth Yevgeny a few nights later. Costa pulls off both characters really well though.

• Love 3

This is Matthew's mom's favorite show!  She loved him in it.  I'm not sure if he will continue on, in it though.  It looks like a slice of heaven, with Matthew, wine and the Tuscany countryside as the backdrop.  Breathtaking really.  

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Inquisitionist said:

Annet Mahendru is listed among the cast of Matthew Weiner's (Mad Men) new Amazon series, The Romanoffs.  It starts streaming on October 12.

Cool!  I've wanted to see her in other things, I think she's very compelling, her look, and her acting.  Lots  of other actors I like in that one too.

• Love 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, Moose135 said:

Brandon J. Dirden, who played Agent Aderholt, was in the new series Manifest this week, playing a police detective.

It took me a while to recognize him, but it was good to see him.

Holly Taylor has a recurring guest role on ‘The Good Doctor’

Edited by topanga
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Moose135 said:

Brandon J. Dirden, who played Agent Aderholt, was in the new series Manifest this week, playing a police detective.

Oh! I watched that and thought, that guy really reminds me of agent aderholt, but I couldn’t find any overlap in imdb, so I thought I was imagining it!

• Love 2

From DeadlineMatthew Rhys to Star in Perry Mason Origin Limited Series on HBO

Matthew won’t be playing Perry Mason from the era when the Raymond Burr TV series or revival TV movies were set (1957-1966 for the series; 1985-1995 for the TV movies, though Burr died in 1993 & other actors, such as Hal Holbrook & Paul Sorvino, played other lawyers who replaced Mason & worked with his staff to solve cases during the last 2 years of the TV movies—it would seem the deal was probably made for the final 2 years of TV movies prior to Raymond Burr’s death or prior to his final illness precluding his participation in the TV movies).

Matthew’s version of Perry Mason is set in 1932 LA; this Perry is a low-rent PI living check-to-check, haunted by his wartime (WW I?) experiences in France, & suffering the effects of a broken marriage, according to the linked article.

• Love 2

According to this, from Entertainment Weekly, Matthew is in the upcoming movie A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood, apparently due out on November 22nd.  

In the movie Tom Hanks plays the late Fred Rogers, best known to the world as Mister Rogers, the host of PBS’ long-running show Mister Rogers’ Neighborhood.

Matthew plays a character described as “a cynical reporter” who’s assigned to do a magazine profile of Mister Rogers later in his life. The movie is partly fictional, but is inspired by a real article written by journalist Tom Junod. The 2nd picture in the linked article is of Tom & Matthew in character as Mister Rogers & the reporter.

6 hours ago, BW Manilowe said:

According to this, from Entertainment Weekly, Matthew is in the upcoming movie A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood, apparently due out on November 22nd.  

The 2nd picture in the linked article is of Tom & Matthew in character as Mister Rogers & the reporter.

He's had better wigs.

• LOL 2

Lev Gorn just showed up in the mostly terrible The Enemy Within this week which will probably bring me back for one more week at least. He deserves so much better!

Edited by eat
  • Love 2