Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E10: Closing Time

• Start Topic

I think this is okay to talk about because it was in the previews. But I'm going to leave out names...

I see 2 sides to that one and I'm on the fence.

Side 1:  Don't tell the Captain (person responsible for boat) about what happened.  Keep the matter private.  Second time, go to Captain.

Side 2:  Panic attacks should not be taken lightly.  The Bosun has a responsibility to the ship. Do you ignore a potential issue as a lead supervisor or take it to the Captain?

• Love 7
52 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

I've been trying to remember the situation with Leon when Captain Lee fired him.  I think that Captain Lee expected him to finish out the charter, as well, so maybe, just maybe, Sandy isn't that far off the mark.  And, Captain Lee didn't technically fire Leon "on the spot".  He told Leon that the charter would be his last, and then Leon said "well, I think I'll just leave right now."  I think I remember at the time, that many posters, including myself, were outraged that he would not finish out that particular charter as expected.  

Although, Captain Lee did not fire Leon in front of practically the entire crew as Sandy did to Kiko, and I think that they only had one dinner and breakfast for the guests.  With Kiko, I think it was two dinners and a breakfast.

I really hate to admit this, there isn't much difference between the two scenarios, except for the reason for the firing.  One chef nearly burned down the boat because his lack of properly cleaning the galley caused an oven fire and the other chef just sent out too much fried food and bad looking nachos for one of four dinners of a charter, which the clients may not have raved about but also did not overly complain about, either.  One other difference is that Leon was a raging, angry, no talent, mysoginistic asshole and Kiko is an extremely likable, good looking, upbeat and semi-talented nice guy.

While I am completely on Kiko's side and had tears in my eyes throughout most of this episode, this is just a little food for thought.

I agree with you 100%.

This is about personalities.  We liked Captain Lee and we don't like Captain Sandy.  We like Kiko and didn't like Leon.

I really do think Bravo will bring Kiko back based on how BMD fans are reacting.  

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, dosodog said:

I agree with you 100%.

This is about personalities.  We liked Captain Lee and we don't like Captain Sandy.  We like Kiko and didn't like Leon.

I really do think Bravo will bring Kiko back based on how BMD fans are reacting.  

I never saw the Chef Leon season, but from reading lots of comments, he was a first class a**hole to everybody.  Kiko only pissed off Captain Cranky.  And Hannah when his timing was bad.

FWIW, the Twitterverse is just ripping on lyin' Sandy.

I'm not a huge fan of Captain Lee either.  He's ignored all sorts of crap as a way out of making tough decisions, then claims "Well, I had no idea!", but at least he doesn't hover like a drone waiting to pounce for more camera time.

• Love 15

Chef Leon prided himself on making women cry that he worked with.  Bragged about it.

He despised Kate from the get go and made no bones about it.

Thanks to his walking out after being fired, guests were served oysters with grenadine.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

Kiko was a good man who was constantly undermined and sabotaged by Micromanger Trashbag Sandy. With a little support and encouragement he could have been one of the best chefs in Below Deck. He worked closely with his Chief Stew and didn’t give her attitude. He was open to suggestions perhaps too much as he was led astray.He would have been much better off cooking Brazilian style dishes or even bringing in local Spanish favorites as he did when he made paella.

On the last night the guests called for him to take a bow. He should have said “Thanks guys but the Captain fired me because she said my food is no good.”

Sandy is trash.

• LOL 1
  • Love 23
1 minute ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

On the last night the guests called for him to take a bow. He should have said “Thanks guys but the Captain fired me because she said my food is no good.”

That would have been hilarious.  Somebody needs to take Helicopter Sandy down a few pegs.

• Love 23
18 hours ago, snarts said:

Agreed. She just tried to say that the issue was Kiko making it all about himself. Uh, ok, Ms. "I Have a Reputation to Uphold" 

Malia taking pics of Hannah's prescribed medication for anxiety? Wow. All three can take a long walk off a short pier. 

Whaaat I must have missed that?  Malia can be such an officious ass at times and both her and Sandy seem to have real issues asserting their power over people, they are both so self centred so they miss opportunities to be good leaders and mentors.  I couldn’t work for either of them.  To me when you have a great boss you want to do your best and working in this type of setting it’s s all about team spirit and honouring your skills and wanting to shine.  As a viewer I felt sad and deflated especially for Kiko and Hannah, they didn’t  deserve that hurt.

Edited by endure
  • Love 12
4 hours ago, Jack Sampson said:

Thank god there's a replacement chef who happens to be in town.  Imagine the luck.

It's orchestrated, don't you think?

They're talking about Kiko not being up to the task of cooking on a 60-meter super yacht after 5 charters.  

Why did Bravo cast him in the first place, or why did Sandy pretend to hire someone with no experience working on a luxury super yacht before?

It wouldn't be surprising if they have a psychiatrist to screen for certain types of individuals as part of the casting process, as depicted in Unreal.  Maybe they knew Kiko would be the type to take a show firing so hard and cry so much.  He told the story of his father having a business failure in middle age and how hard it was on him and the family, including a young impressionable Kiko.  Maybe they sold him this role as his entry to super yachts so the fact that he couldn't complete a TV season hits him much harder than it would other people.

Jessie seems embittered a bit about Rob recently, so she has good reason to be wary of this "I love you" after a couple of weeks of canoodling together?  But he's another overly sensitive guy too and may have meant it at the time.  Why put something like that in front of the cameras?

OK, so from the previews and based on a passing mention in this episode:

Spoiler

Hanna says she needs a Valium and Malia asks isn't it a prescription drug.  So is that the pretext they're going to use to give Hanna her goodbye, that she brought some drugs in case of panic attacks but Sandy has no choice, she can't risk her license or whatever?

That way, Hanna didn't smuggle something serious like cocaine and Sandy has to let her go regardless, even though she understands Hanna isn't some junkie.  Both sides part on somewhat amicable terms.

• Useful 3
  • Love 4

I can't express how much I hope their tip is lower without Kiko.  Karma...unleash hell.

Hannah: I need Valium

Malia: Isn't that a prescription?

Hannah <thinking>: Yes it is, bitch!  It's not like I asked you to crush up some Oxy so I could snort it.  Now give me the bottle.

Edited by Jack Sampson
  • LOL 7
  • Love 13
10 hours ago, snarts said:

Malia taking pics of Hannah's prescribed medication for anxiety? Wow. All three can take a long walk off a short pier. 

I missed this.   Was this in the episode or previews?

• Love 2
11 hours ago, njbchlover said:

I think Sandy could have clearly given Kiko the proper direction and, with full support and advice, he could have improved.  If there was ever a yacht chef that we have seen that did not make it about himself, it was Kiko.  

She kept boosting Anastasia last season, who also "CLEARLY DID NOT HAVE THE TRAINING"....she was a one person stew/chef on a small charter previously.  But, yet, Sandy kept giving her pep talks, and she did the job.  

Again, fuck you, Sandy - you're a mean, mean person and only interesting in making it all about yourself.

Oh, how I would have loved to see Leon show up as a replacement chef!!  But, we have a love interest chef just waiting on the dock until Kiko and his guitar walked away.

I think we need to contact Bravo concerning Leon being Sandy's chef next season .

• LOL 11
  • Love 4

Since original recipe Below Deck had a horrible group of "men" last season, did they really have to up the ante by having the central storyline revolve around what is nothing more than 3 high school "Mean Girls"? Ooh, are they going to get their dream "cool kids" group in place by the end of the season? Fuck off.

• Love 19
9 hours ago, njbchlover said:

I really hate to admit this, there isn't much difference between the two scenarios, except for the reason for the firing.  One chef nearly burned down the boat because his lack of properly cleaning the galley caused an oven fire and the other chef just sent out too much fried food and bad looking nachos for one of four dinners of a charter, which the clients may not have raved about but also did not overly complain about, either.  One other difference is that Leon was a raging, angry, no talent, mysoginistic asshole and Kiko is an extremely likable, good looking, upbeat and semi-talented nice guy.

I get your point, but causing a kitchen fire (while pointing fingers at someone else) is a BIG difference from one very bad, no good overly fried dinner.

I wasn't paying close attention, but didn't Kiko essentially quit?  Sandy could probably have saved the situation with a pep talk if she wanted to, but he was like - yep, and after this one I leave.  

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Booger666 said:

I missed this.   Was this in the episode or previews?

it was the previews but I think there are a lot of conclusions being drawn that I don't think were explicitly shown about who did what and why.  I personally have an alternate theory and no speculation thread to put it in.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, TexasGal said:

I get your point, but causing a kitchen fire (while pointing fingers at someone else) is a BIG difference from one very bad, no good overly fried dinner.

I wasn't paying close attention, but didn't Kiko essentially quit?  Sandy could probably have saved the situation with a pep talk if she wanted to, but he was like - yep, and after this one I leave.  

Yes.  He did.  But in the interest of the Kiko fans venting over Sandy, Malia and Bugsy, I didnt want to bring that up!

I think he saw the writing on the wall and really did bite off more than he could chew.  Sandy didnt outright fire him, but he kept saying "and then I leave".

For me, no one is to blame, except maybe Bravo casting and I think he charmed them and they hoped for the best.  But it didnt work out.  It's a tv show, but in real life, I think Kiko would not have been hired due to lack of experience.  He seemed to be almost there, but needs more practice on timing, various dietary demands and portions.  Captain Sandy does micromanage, but she has has a long career has a super yacht captain. She has been doing something right.....

In any case, a story came across my Google feed and Kiko met the love of his life and is living his best life.  So reality tv life didnt work out, but real life has.

• Useful 6
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, CaliforniaLove said:

Since original recipe Below Deck had a horrible group of "men" last season, did they really have to up the ante by having the central storyline revolve around what is nothing more than 3 high school "Mean Girls"? Ooh, are they going to get their dream "cool kids" group in place by the end of the season? Fuck off.

They call it “toxic femininity.”

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, spunky said:

I think we need to contact Bravo concerning Leon being Sandy's chef next season .

Is Leon Malia's boyfriend or another chef?  And if Leon is a jerk then Sandy really deserves him,  she just fired a great well liked easy to work with chef albeit a bit emotional but unlike other chefs he doesn't project his baggage on others.  

Do you and others think they are filming another season during the pandemic? 

• Love 2

What a piece of shit.

You have to report the medication prescribed by a doctor? A Captain supersedes what a doctor prescribes? If she is taking blood pressure medication you can tell her to stop because it might affect her performance?

What a big bag of bullshit!

Malia is a snake and a tattletale who has no business being in position of authority. 

• Love 16
1 minute ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

What a piece of shit.

You have to report the medication prescribed by a doctor? A Captain supersedes what a doctor prescribes? If she is taking blood pressure medication you can tell her to stop because it might affect her performance?

What a big bag of bullshit!

Malia is a snake and a tattletale who has no business being in position of authority. 

She's such a suck up.😛

• Love 9
17 minutes ago, snarts said:

Malia is already out ahead of the story on Instagram trying to explain that she isn't a snake. Uh huh, snake. 

OMG she explains exactly how I would expect her officious ass to - she is a real winner.  I always wanted to give her the benefit of the doubt but she has not won me over, she started losing me when she protested to the cap't fantastic about being called 'sweetheart' but she continued refer to the crew as 'boys'.  I was hoping they (the crew) would run crying up to the captain and say "she's calling us boys" lol.  She should address how after a night of drinking the crew is on the boat drunk and often they are still intoxicated the next day.  You can't ever win with people like her, she will always justify her righteousness.

• Love 8

My job has the same rules that they do in regards to prescription drugs and those rules apply when I'm off the job.  I'm a snake because I would report someone if not reporting it cost me my job. I'm a substitute teacher and I love it.  I have a legal obligation upon taking employment to advocate and protect children.  If I witness something and it comes up, and I didnt report it, I'm terminated.

I dont blame Malia one bit if this turns out to be true.  Particularly because the employee in question isnt new to yachting and would absolutely know that rule. 

IMO, Malia's Instagram response is a responsible one.  This is career she wants.  Not a chance to become an actor.  Why would any of us jeopardize something we love doing for someone who knowingly broke the rules.

Some jobs have strict rules to protect the people.  This is one of them.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
15 minutes ago, endure said:

She should address how after a night of drinking the crew is on the boat drunk and often they are still intoxicated the next day.  

Great point!

Once again, those table decorations look like ass.  They are tacky, tacky, tacky and don't belong on a "super yacht."  Sorry, they don't, Bugsy.  My credentials?  Other than having eyes, in school I was a waitress at a five star resort and in later life, my husband was a diplomat.  But the decorations are a good advertisement for The Dollar Store.

Cap'n Sandy?  You are a complete piece of shit.  Complete.  

Malia?  If your professionalism is the most important aspect of your career, why are you on this shit show?  Hmm, think about it.  People now hate you but you do you, you sanctimonious ass.  

This season is turning into crap before our eyes.  

• Love 17
2 minutes ago, dosodog said:

My job has the same rules that they do in regards to prescription drugs and those rules apply when I'm off the job.

A substitute teacher can't take blood pressure medicine or Finasteride to keep their hair or an antibiotic even after hours unless someone else administers the medication?  I didn't know that.

• Love 23
16 hours ago, njbchlover said:

Does Sandy NOT watch the show after it is filmed??  How can she outright lie about what is very apparent on film?  How can she not realize what a pain in the ass she is to both the charter guests and her crew?? 

I much prefer the captaining style of Captain Lee - hell, I would even be happy to see Captain Mark (was that his name) from Season 1 of Below Deck Med.  

I imagine Sandy has a huge watch party every episode, then rewatches in private five more times, fast forwarding every scene she’s not in and high fiving herself. 

16 hours ago, ParadoxLost said:

She was being very evasive with her answers.  She was getting very specific questions and giving a lot of general answers.  There were a lot of statements that generally she does this or typically she does that that she probably has done one time or another (when there is not camera around) but she did not do with Kiko.  

I'm kind of annoyed with Kate going down the party line in supporting Sandy.

Kate also defended every asshole move of Jenna’s.  She seems blindly supportive of the people in power. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
52 minutes ago, dosodog said:

My job has the same rules that they do in regards to prescription drugs and those rules apply when I'm off the job.  I'm a snake because I would report someone if not reporting it cost me my job. I'm a substitute teacher and I love it.  I have a legal obligation upon taking employment to advocate and protect children.  If I witness something and it comes up, and I didnt report it, I'm terminated.

I dont blame Malia one bit if this turns out to be true.  Particularly because the employee in question isnt new to yachting and would absolutely know that rule. 

IMO, Malia's Instagram response is a responsible one.  This is career she wants.  Not a chance to become an actor.  Why would any of us jeopardize something we love doing for someone who knowingly broke the rules.

Some jobs have strict rules to protect the people.  This is one of them.

Wait a minute?

If a colleague is taking an anti-anxiety medication prescribed by a doctor you have to report it? The principal gets to decide how the teacher takes their meds and has to approve it? Is it even legal under HIPPA to force someone to disclose a personal medical condition when you are under the care of a physician?

That doesn’t sound right somehow?

Edited by The Ringo Kidd
  • Love 22
9 minutes ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

Wait a minute?

If a colleague is taking an anti-anxiety medication prescribed by a doctor you have to report it? The principal gets to decide how the teacher takes their meds and has to approve it? Is it even legal under HIPPA to force someone to disclose a personal medical condition when you are under the care of a physician?

For it to be the same as Malia is claiming, it's ANY medication.  And someone would have to come to your house and give it to you.

NO crew member is allowed to self- administer drugs prescription or not while on a vessel at sea.

EDIT:  It looks like she's deleting replies on IG.

Edited by Jack Sampson
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Jack Sampson said:

A substitute teacher can't take blood pressure medicine or Finasteride to keep their hair or an antibiotic even after hours unless someone else administers the medication?  I didn't know that.

If we take things like Valium, Xanax--mood altering drugs, you have to report it.  I managed a state liquor store, my father died, I was placed on Xanax,  I had to report it to my supervisor.   And we were union.

Marijuana is legal in my state.  But if I want to be employed as a teacher, I can't use it.

29 minutes ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

Wait a minute?

For certain prescription drugs, yes. 

In this case, the principal.  The doctor decides on dosage, etc. The school district wants to know that you are taking it.  Kids have to go to the school nurse for their medications. They have an obligation to children before anything else.  You want to work with kids, you give up some privacy.  Criminal background checks, fingerprints.

And I dont mind.  Particularly because I'm okay with certain professions being under scrutiny.  

22 minutes ago, snarts said:

Except, Hannah's anxiety isn't new. Nor is the handling of prescription meds with the Below Deck crew. S1 of Below Deck, Adrienne accused Kat of drinking on charter, Kat showed Captain Lee her prescription medication for anxiety. Absolutelt no issue. S3 of Med, Hannah had a panic attack, Sandy asked her if she had her medication. Again, no issue. 

If what Malia is saying is correct, then her obligation was to alert the captain that night, not days later when she wants to share a cabin with her boyfriend. Snake. 

We dont know what happened yet.  As you pointed out, Hannah's anxiety isnt new.  She is not new to yachting.  She knows the rules.  If she followed the rule of notifying and handing over her prescriptions for the last 8-10 years of yachting.....we wouldn't be having this conversation. 

If Captain Lee chose to ignore it, he's choosing to possibly be fired.  Captain Glenn went through a guest's luggage for alleged cocaine.

You're also in foreign waters.  Marijuana is legal in Jamaica. Trying to get back on the cruise ship was a nightmare because they were thorough in making sure no one brought back on goodies.  And they were zip tying the wrists of the tourists caught.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, endure said:

Is Leon Malia's boyfriend or another chef?  And if Leon is a jerk then Sandy really deserves him,  she just fired a great well liked easy to work with chef albeit a bit emotional but unlike other chefs he doesn't project his baggage on others.  

Do you and others think they are filming another season during the pandemic? 

Leon was on original recipe Below Deck. He makes the “bru crew” look like angels. He started a kitchen fire and then walked off the boat in the middle of the charter when Captain Lee fired him.

• Love 3

Of course snake bitch Malia turns off the comments on that ig post.

Sandy has to administer her dr prescribed anxiety meds? Lmao how fucking stupid. Malia is a little bitch who was waiting for something to run to her idol Sandy to to get Hannah out. She wants weird ass Bugsy as chief stew. This is such mean girl behaviour. I’m not even a Hannah fan but this is such shit.

Also those table designs are too cluttered and suck. I don’t need all that shit around me while I’m eating. Sometimes less is more.

This season is reminding me of the og below deck but with mean women this time instead of  the guys on that one. I quit watching that shit too.

Edited by Marley
  • Love 16
15 minutes ago, dosodog said:

If we take things like Valium, Xanax--mood altering drugs, you have to report it.  I managed a state liquor store, my father died, I was placed on Xanax,  I had to report it to my supervisor.   And we were union.

Marijuana is legal in my state.  But if I want to be employed as a teacher, I can't use it.

For certain prescription drugs, yes. 

In this case, the principal.  The doctor decides on dosage, etc. The school district wants to know that you are taking it.  Kids have to go to the school nurse for their medications. They have an obligation to children before anything else.  You want to work with kids, you give up some privacy.  Criminal background checks, fingerprints.

And I dont mind.  Particularly because I'm okay with certain professions being under scrutiny.  

We dont know what happened yet.  As you pointed out, Hannah's anxiety isnt new.  She is not new to yachting.  She knows the rules.  If she followed the rule of notifying and handing over her prescriptions for the last 8-10 years of yachting.....we wouldn't be having this conversation. 

If Captain Lee chose to ignore it, he's choosing to possibly be fired.  Captain Glenn went through a guest's luggage for alleged cocaine.

You're also in foreign waters.  Marijuana is legal in Jamaica. Trying to get back on the cruise ship was a nightmare because they were thorough in making sure no one brought back on goodies.  And they were zip tying the wrists of the tourists caught.

I was not aware that was the case with the schools. This seems to be a very intrusive violation of medical privacy and just not right.

Thank God that education is moving on-line and into home schooling because of the virus and we can eliminate these issues.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

Of course this is speculation but instead of squealing to Sandy maybe she could have said Hannah did you let Sandy know you have this medicine on board and get her permission to take it? 

• Love 18
10 minutes ago, Marley said:

Of course snake bitch Malia turns off the comments on that ig post.

Sandy has to administer her dr prescribed anxiety meds? Lmao how fucking stupid. Malia is a little bitch who was waiting for something to run to her idol Sandy to to get Hannah out. She wants weird ass Bugsy as chief stew. This is such mean girl behaviour. I’m not even a Hannah fan but this is such shit.

Malia knows that Sandy can make her 1st Mate.  She would rat out her own mother for another rung up the ladder.

• Love 13
11 minutes ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

I was not aware that was the case with the schools. This seems to be a very intrusive violation of medical privacy and just not right.

Thank God that education is moving on-line and into home schooling because of the virus and we can eliminate these issues.

It probably depends on the state you live in.  It's only intrusive, IMO, if you're forced to be employed by a school district, airline, physician, yacht crew, bus driver, police department, fire department, etc.

But I chose to apply for the job, read the rules and still accepted jobs from them.  

There are some jobs where the public good overrides a right to privacy.  So you have to decide what you're willing to give up. Convenience store job?  No.  Teaching people's precious children?  Yes.  Retail clerk?  No.  Legally required to carry a firearm for your job?  Yes.

Edited by dosodog
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4

My first comment needs a callback.  I don't think a single person on the crew has done a better job at their actual job and managing their staff than Malia, and I STILL find the venom towards her bizarre.  OMG when Sandy is tormenting Kiko she wants to help the crew get a chef she likes?  Did she sabotage Kiko in some way so her BF could swoop in?  Whatever. 

ATM I'm team Malia.  We'll see about next episode, Malia would deserve venom for talking about regular medication that isn't hers, I would indict her for that.  But if Hannah has un-prescribed medication on the boat?  She deserves to be snitched on.  Something goes bad, Malia's name would be attached to the event, and she's serious about her career.  I wouldn't let someone else fuck that up for me.

Edited by Lassus
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Jack Sampson said:

Better believe I'm leaving comments on her post.

You can't because I was going to do the same but she conveniently turned comments off on that particular post. So I say we all go to the post of her holding up her tan line wrist and bombard her over there. What a fucking two-faced bitch this one is. It's nobody's fucking business if Hannah needs the occasional Valium for a panic attack, and fuck Malia for using that against her. I had someone in a work situation use my being vulnerable about a work situation and turned it against me and it's a pretty sick feeling to know a co-worker would do shit like that. It's like out of a bad movie. Fuck you Malia, you're a piece of shit.

• Love 13
2 hours ago, AryasMum said:

I imagine Sandy has a huge watch party every episode, then rewatches in private five more times, fast forwarding every scene she’s not in and high fiving herself. 

She must spend a lot of time watching because she manages to be in every. f*cking. scene. When she told Malia in (on?) the bridge, "this is why I'm in this seat", I thought "Yes because that is where the camera is-you will be down in the galley in no time when the camera crew goes there." I'm surprised she isn't behind planters at Club Tito's when the club goes out. 

53 minutes ago, spunky said:

Leon was on original recipe Below Deck. He makes the “bru crew” look like angels. He started a kitchen fire and then walked off the boat in the middle of the charter when Captain Lee fired him.

Leon also dumped honey in Kate's bed before he left, confirmed by Rocky in a text to Leon, who then posted it and didn't blur out Rocky's #. This was a man who was raising daughters and admitted to enjoying making women cry in his kitchen. Please go sit next to Mike Isabella.

FWIW on the drugs, I have a gov't gig that involves no narcotics and random drug tests. I've had one after surgery and told them I was taking prescribed vicodin in case it showed up (then I would have to provide the prescription). I don't know what it is in valium (took it prescribed before a dental surgery and loved it though!), but if it doesn't contain a narcotic, the gov't doesn't care. But we aren't in charge of people's safety and I would also snitch on a coworker I saw them snorting cocaine or something like that. And also, we aren't famewhores on a reality show.

Having said that-I don't like Malia (again, based on her saying people don't like her because she's a pretty girl in yachting) and I find her ass kissing of the dreadful Captain grating, so because I'm a hypocrite who invests too much thinking in this show, I am not team Malia in this. Also I read (on the internet) a theory that

Spoiler

when Hannah won't switch cabins with Tom, then Malia goes to Captain Sandy. If that happens, that seems less concern and more spite.

• Useful 5
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
59 minutes ago, AnnieBananie said:

I just still can't believe that Pete, who Sandy wanted to fire for his comments to Bugsy, is still here, but Kiko, who served a bad meal, was fired.

Captain Micromanager Sandy sucks.

They showed a few other issues, like him being late with meals and not having enough portions.  There was another case where one plate had undercooked meat or something like that.

They may not have showed all the times Kiko's meals fell short.  All they said was he wasn't delivering 5-star cuisine at all times.

But Bravo must have known going in that Kiko didn't have experience with fine dining.  It may have been another case of Mila, someone not qualified at the supposed high-end expectations of a "super yacht" but they cast him anyways because they figure there would be drama out of it  -- another unqualified chef they have to go through.

Of course Kiko has been the opposite of Mila as far as personality, since he was well-liked by the crew and the viewers.  So the producers may have set up Sandy to be the heavy.  Or they conspired, they were going to put in a chef who was going to come up short repeatedly and Sandy could be shown on camera repeatedly pointing out these failures and then eventually pulling the plug, leading to some heart-wrenching footage or in this case, the repeated sounds of him weeping and crying all bunched up in a fetal position.

Bravo is evil.

Edited by scrb
  • Love 4