Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E10: Forgiven, Not Forgotten

• Start Topic

12 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

Re Melyza’s mother fat shaming Tim:

1) Who does that to a guest, especially right at the beginning of the night?

2) Who does that after presenting a huge array of food?  Tim should have said “you’re right, I won’t be eating any of this shit.”

3) Who does this when they are not themselves exactly thin?

4) Would the cheating have been less serious if Tim were thin?  Pick your issue.

I seem to remember that fat shaming Kalani doesn’t present a problem.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

When the Live Chat veers off into all sorts of other topics that says how little there was in the episode.  I think the only reason I am still watching is these forums!

I can't watch sad-sack Deaven and slacker Jihoon any more, she'd be better off back with her parents and her "great job".

Princess Ari continues to vacantly smile at everything and has no idea how she will live or what she'll live on.  Bank Of Mommy is the only one asking any questions.  I love raw meat, but can see why Mommy wouldn't be keen on it.

Tim gets awfully excited about eggs and chorizo, it's not like it's some exotic dish unavailable anywhere else.  I still don't think Melyza's actually forgiven him and her parents are not going to give him an easy time of it.

Jenny and her scummy little liar need to find another country to live in.  I don't know how many parents would be thrilled to have their child bring home a fiancée who is older than they are, so acceptance from Family Sumit is very unlikely.  

At least Kenny and Armando will be on next week, and Brittany's tantrums are always fun to watch.

Edited by ThereButFor
Forgot about the Princess and Protector Mommy!
  • Love 14
23 hours ago, Dobian said:

Ari was surprisingly low-key while watching Bini play butt bongo with his ex.

I agree, but I feel she has been surprisingly low-key to just about every situation that has been presented to her. Like she is in another universe or something. There seems to be something just not connecting with her about future living conditions, finances, and EVERYTHING else.  She doesn't know how much he makes as a dancer and whether or not it will provide for her and the baby.  Have a feeling she won't be living there long.

• Love 9
8 minutes ago, lilysmom said:

Have a feeling she won't be living there long.

I don’t follow spoilers, but I’d imagine the majority of the female cast members are back in the US now... except maybe Jenny who’s apparently not going anywhere.

• LOL 8
  • Love 2

I don't understand why Jenny should "Meet The Parents". Didn't she meet them, years ago?  Isn't that what prompted Family Sumit to arrange a marriage? 

• Useful 2
  • Love 8

I can't decide who is worse, jihoon or sad sack devan.  

I sound like my grandma, I want to tell her..."smile, you have such a pretty face" she seems like one of the most depressing, humorless people.  

bimi dances in a club with about 30 people and is able to make a living doing butt slapping dances in Ethiopia? this is not a career path.

• LOL 11
  • Love 9
On 8/4/2020 at 9:52 AM, Uncle JUICE said:

I read that as caught off guard by the raw meat ritual, but to her credit she didn't do what Angeloa would have done.

Raw meat is very common in US Ethiopian restaurants; I've had it several times and the way it's prepared (and its condiments) is delicious. Many Americans enjoy these dishes at scores of restaurants in larger US cities. https://www.latimes.com/food/la-fo-raw-meat-20110714-story.html

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, Ucross said:

Raw meat is very common in US Ethiopian restaurants; I've had it several times and the way it's prepared (and its condiments) is delicious. Many Americans enjoy these dishes at scores of restaurants in larger US cities. https://www.latimes.com/food/la-fo-raw-meat-20110714-story.html

I don't get the impression Janice and her husband are huge Ethiopian restaurant folks, and where they live, in Princeton, they're pretty scarce. I'm not saying it's not good or common, all I'm saying is she didn't have a revolted response a la Grangela, as a way to point out I don't think she's nefariously xenophobic. She ate it without a huge fuss is my point, where Angela barfed (or spit out soda is my guess really) just being near an open air market, and hooted and hollered the whole time they were there. 

• Love 11
18 hours ago, Persnickety1 said:

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of Janice, either.  This is the life her little fair-haired girl has chosen.  Let her live it.  She'll probably be back before the baby's first birthday anyway.  

If Janice "rescues" her, she'll be right back doing the same shit in six months.

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, MrBuhBye said:

Ethiopian cuisine was rather popular in the US in the 90s.  Some have speculated it is less popular now because you eat with your hands and people don’t want to put their phones down that long.

LOL, I miss going to an Ethiopian restaurant!  Last time was months ago.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Uncle JUICE said:

I don't get the impression Janice and her husband are huge Ethiopian restaurant folks, and where they live, in Princeton, they're pretty scarce. I'm not saying it's not good or common, all I'm saying is she didn't have a revolted response a la Grangela, as a way to point out I don't think she's nefariously xenophobic. She ate it without a huge fuss is my point, where Angela barfed (or spit out soda is my guess really) just being near an open air market, and hooted and hollered the whole time they were there. 

I agree and she was a good sport about having a stranger come at you and feeding you.  I can hear Angela:  "That meat is RAW Michael!  Are you trying to make me an Ethiopan woman?  CAUSE I AIN'T ETHIPOIAN!  I am American!  Did you talk to the female server?  I'm done.  I AM DONE!!"

Ari seems like she is on antidepressents or something - zoned out and spacy.

12 minutes ago, TipseyGirl said:

So Bini and his partner get paid by that place to do their interpretive dance? And people pay to see them? Whut?

You mean slapping and playing your ex's cooch is not a big draw?  I am confused.......

• LOL 16
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, 2dogmom said:

Jihoon is worse, hands down. 

Deavan looks depressed and exhausted. Jihoon is an irresponsible man-child who cannot put his son and wife before himself. 

• Love 9
38 minutes ago, TipseyGirl said:

So Bini and his partner get paid by that place to do their interpretive dance? And people pay to see them? Whut?

The drunker you are the more entertaining it is.

27 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

CAUSE I AIN'T ETHIPOIAN!  I am American!  Did you talk to the female server?  I'm done

She treated them to the American-invented pizza.

• LOL 4
2 hours ago, Ucross said:

Wisconsin has it's Carnivore Sandwich, steak tartar has been around for ages...does not mean I want to eat raw meat, it would be a texture thing for me with a side of fear of food poisoning.

• Love 4

Wow I was bored; and that is saying a lot I watch some stupid crap on tv. 

Jenny and Submit - new location same conversation. The horse is dead stop beating it!

Cheese stick and Mezcal - so dull; the best way to describe them is just lukewarm.

Ari - go home we all know you are too used to certain things. once you take off your rose colored glasses you will be calling Mom and Dad.

Bini - if slapping ass is dancing talent there are a lot of stars around the world.

Deavan and Jihoon - both need to grow up or medication or both. Yes you have a child that does not mean it will work out between you.

Only person I enjoyed seeing was Jihoons Dad he is kind.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, 7isBlue said:

Deavan looks depressed and exhausted. Jihoon is an irresponsible man-child who cannot put his son and wife before himself. 

You have to wonder if Jihoon’s mother would tolerate Johoon’s father acting like Jihoon!  If I were a betting woman, I would say not a chance.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11

My thoughts on The Other Way:

Jenny and Sue-Meat: They probably will meet, I hope Sumit will stick up for Jenny, he needs to show his parents that they won’t walk all over him. Jenny is a trooper I just love her💕 I truly hope their relationship works out.  

Also, didn’t Jenny meet Sumit’s parents last season? I think they’ll be able to meet this season, but it just won’t go how she wants. It sucks because I believe they genuinely love each other.

Jihoon: I think he has the potential of changing, but he is not willing to change. To me, his mother is the problem, and when she snapped at her husband I was disgusted. He could see the damage his son was doing. Jihoon's mom would be the kind of mother who would be behind him if he committed an atrocity. She will never see his wrongs. She looks crazy in my opinion.

Jihoon is a young, irresponsible guy who was basically thrown into fatherhood not of one child but of two.  Mom has a chip on her shoulder because Deavon has not really disciplined her daughter at all and probably feels like she pressured her son. They never had a chance to even get to know each other even on the few trips they had with each other. You knew she was uncomfortable with him when she insisted that her daughter sleep in the bed with them. I would never allow that as a mom with someone. I barely knew that was supposed to be a one night stand and got pregnant to sleep in the same bed as me and my daughter.

Ariela and Biniyam: Ari’s your typical spoiled princess and daddy's girl. She won't last 6 months in that place, and she definietly won't tolerate her 'husband's" job. She's used to being pampered and spoiled. You can tell it in her face. 

But I wanna know if dancing will support his family. When mom questioned Ariela about his finances, Ariela told mom to ask him. She's closing her eyes to anything she doesn't want to face. 

Cheesedick Tim and Melyza: She doesn’t truly love Tim. She is extremely angry and isn't going to get over it.  She has a right to be.  But why drag him there?  I guess to be on TV, get money, torture him and make him suffer for what he did. She should have never let him move. She’s not going to be able to let go of the fact that he cheated and it’s gonna surface in every little fight and thing he does wrong. Not that we in Texas want you back Tim, but go home.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, Neurochick said:

LOL, I miss going to an Ethiopian restaurant!  Last time was months ago.

I have never been but really want to. About 10 years ago on vacation, there was supposed to be a restaurant where we were at. I didn't have directions and these were before you get get all those apps on your phone etc.... plus the reviews, while saying the food was good, did complain that sometimes the guy wouldn't be there despite it being business hours. So we did't go. 

I live near Chicago and I know of at least one downtown but with Covid, its not happening. 

Edited by libgirl2
10 hours ago, lilysmom said:

I agree, but I feel she has been surprisingly low-key to just about every situation that has been presented to her. Like she is in another universe or something. There seems to be something just not connecting with her about future living conditions, finances, and EVERYTHING else.  She doesn't know how much he makes as a dancer and whether or not it will provide for her and the baby.  Have a feeling she won't be living there long.

My guess is she knows her mom will ultimately provide the lifestyle she wants.

• Love 3
On 8/3/2020 at 8:32 PM, Frozendiva said:

Deaven and Jihoon: Having a kid out of a one night stand or week long fling does not mean you have to marry that person. Jihoon is unlikely to grow up for a long time and has no real incentive other than losing 'Deaven' and access to his kid to change. No idea what kind of limit you have at an ATM - you'd think that people would lurk around them looking for a big withdrawal. So much easier to get a cheque from the bank or do an e-transfer. Maybe $500 in cash and the rest in another form. He will have one excuse after the next. Deaven, set some boundaries, go home with the kids, insist on support payments and maybe when Jihoon can act like a responsible adult, bring him back to your life.

Maybe he had saved 3000 Korean won.  That's about $2.53 in US dollars.  Pretty sure that amount is not hard to get out of an ATM.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
19 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

Maybe he had saved 3000 Korean won.  That's about $2.53 in US dollars.  Pretty sure that amount is not hard to get out of an ATM.

19 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

The machine here dispenses $20s and occasionally $50s. Not coins. Certainly not a toonie ($2 coin) and a couple of quarters.

How many times are we going to be treated to the same conversation between Jenny and one of Sumit's friends/relatives?

Sumit's friend/brother/mailman: Sumit's parents are against your relationship.

Jenny: But I waaaaaaant them to supooooooort us!

SF: They don't.

Jenny: We have to maaaaaake them!

SF: Um, no?

Jenny: I don't think Smee's parents like meeeeee!

SF: Yep, I just said that.

Jenny: What am I going to doooooooo?

Me [loudly, to be heard over the whining]: Find some other catfisher to glom onto?

• LOL 13
  • Love 5
10 hours ago, 2dogmom said:

I sound like my grandma, I want to tell her..."smile, you have such a pretty face" she seems like one of the most depressing, humorless people.  

bimi dances in a club with about 30 people and is able to make a living doing butt slapping dances in Ethiopia? this is not a career path.

For me, it's Deavan.  She has one child already. She HAS to know how much it costs someone to raise a child. if you're expecting someone to support you, you better damn well know more about the man who just impregnated you.  To me, she's got to be smarter than Jihoon by default simply because even if she lives with her mom, she knows full well the cost of a child.  

There's really zero excuse for an accidental pregnancy at this point when you're an adult, especially when Plan B is available over the counter.  I do not for one minute believe they took precautions and the rubber fell off his micropenis.  They did what a lot of stupid people do: roll the dice because they think making a kid together would be exciting.  The mere reason you know zilch about the person you're fucking is the reason you should have protection and a medicine cabinet full of Plan B.

Edited by Boo Boo
  • Love 10

My take on Janice is that she is very angry at Areola and is pissed as shit about her daughter’s stupid choices. It’s right under the surface. Janice pointing out all the inevitable problems, cross-examining Bibi, etc. is a veiled rant at Areola. If she comes straight at Areola, Janice risks losing her and she doesn’t want that to happen. Janice has had to feign being thrilled about the baby, but she knows Areola is useless and she’ll be raising a baby while Areola continues to go off to find herself. If she was hoping for an uncomplicated retirement at some point, yeah, not gonna happen.

• Useful 2
  • Love 9
22 hours ago, poeticlicensed said:

Found this on Twitter

Jenny.png

That's one of hilarious memes I referred to in my earlier post...I laughed way too long when I saw it because it was so on point 😄 

10 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

That could be a band name like Jane’s Addiction. Jihoon’s Micropenis. 

Jihoon's Micropenis featuring the Clean Anal band.  

Edited by Persnickety1
  • LOL 13
  • Love 5
13 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

The machine here dispenses $20s and occasionally $50s. Not coins. Certainly not a toonie ($2 coin) and a couple of quarters.

I'll give Jihoon the benefit of the doubt and assume he rounded up to the lowest round-number withdrawal he could get out of a Korean ATM.  Given the exchange rate of won to USD, Deavan might be fooled by the big stack of bills.  Goodness knows she's not the brightest bulb in the sign.

• Love 9
23 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

"That meat is RAW Michael!  Are you trying to make me an Ethiopan woman?  CAUSE I AIN'T ETHIPOIAN!  I am American!  Did you talk to the female server?  I'm done.  I AM DONE!!"

This is a DEAD ON Angela. It's like you're writing her lines! Except it's "AH am done." 😀

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
13 minutes ago, Uncle JUICE said:

This is a DEAD ON Angela. It's like you're writing her lines! Except it's "AH am done." 😀

For a woman who's DONE so frequently, she sure does spend a lot of time bellowing and screeching on my TV screen.

• LOL 8
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Uncle JUICE said:

Thnk you for your kind words.  Not sure if I should be happy I nailed an impression of her or embarrassed.....

• LOL 5
On 8/6/2020 at 9:54 AM, AZChristian said:

I'll give Jihoon the benefit of the doubt and assume he rounded up to the lowest round-number withdrawal he could get out of a Korean ATM.  Given the exchange rate of won to USD, Deavan might be fooled by the big stack of bills.  Goodness knows she's not the brightest bulb in the sign.

I looked my hubby and asked if there were not withdrawl limits. I know it is S Korea not US but $3000 seems like a BIG withdrawl!

On 8/5/2020 at 10:32 PM, Boo Boo said:

For me, it's Deavan.  She has one child already. She HAS to know how much it costs someone to raise a child. if you're expecting someone to support you, you better damn well know more about the man who just impregnated you.  To me, she's got to be smarter than Jihoon by default simply because even if she lives with her mom, she knows full well the cost of a child.  

There's really zero excuse for an accidental pregnancy at this point when you're an adult, especially when Plan B is available over the counter.  I do not for one minute believe they took precautions and the rubber fell off his micropenis.  They did what a lot of stupid people do: roll the dice because they think making a kid together would be exciting.  The mere reason you know zilch about the person you're fucking is the reason you should have protection and a medicine cabinet full of Plan B.

Or as a teen, in my opinion.  Look, they have the internet, LOTS of people to talk to at a middle school or high school, social maedia, etc.  No reason for an oopsie baby these days.

Or they have a baby ASAP as "the baby will help our relationship."  No, no s/he won't nor should the baby have to do this.   A baby doesn't need a friggin JOB or an agenda.  Thank you for attending my Ted Talk.

I may be in the monority but I want a showdown of Sumit's parents, Jenny and Sumit.  I want Jenny, in her sadeest sad sack voice, to ask, "Well, who is it going to be?  Them or me?" and then Sumit folds as he won't ever go against his parents.  I don't want heartache for Jenny (although she has brought it on herself quite nicely) damn women:  GET IT THROUGH YOUR HEAD!  HE IS INDIAN!!!!  They will not go against the parents!!

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
bubby is not hubby
  • Love 9
On 8/5/2020 at 3:22 PM, Mrs. Hanson said:

I can hear Angela:  "That meat is RAW Michael!  Are you trying to make me an Ethiopan woman?  CAUSE I AIN'T ETHIPOIAN!  I am American!  Did you talk to the female server?  I'm done.  I AM DONE!!"

You forgot something 😉

e-26679-1200-900.thumb.jpg.3c1475bc3945ab875147118b5524d848.jpg

• LOL 5

No way Jihoon withdrew $3,000 U.S.    The most up to date information I found said $600.00 is the daily limit.     Tourists were warned that they needed to talk to their bank here, before they went to S. Korea if they thought they needed a higher daily limit.   That $600. was using more than one ATM too.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 8/5/2020 at 1:07 PM, MrBuhBye said:

Ethiopian cuisine was rather popular in the US in the 90s. Some have speculated it is less popular now because you eat with your hands and people don’t want to put their phones down that long.

Ethiopian food is absolutely delicious and when I bought my home three years ago I realized my fav Ethiopian place delivered here! 

(Bolding) too funny!!!!

• Love 2
16 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I may be in the monority but I want a showdown of Sumit's parents, Jenny and Sumit.  I want Jenny, in her sadeest sad sack voice, to ask, "Well, who is it going to be?  Them or me?" and then Sumit folds as he won't ever go against his parents.  I don't want heartache for Jenny (although she has brought it on herself quite nicely) damn women:  GET IT THROUGH YOUR HEAD!  HE IS INDIAN!!!!  They will not go against the parents!!

And they could call it the "Sumit Summit"!

• LOL 12

I love Ethiopian food, including the raw minced beef, but I don't order it due to food safety concerns...in AMERICA. I would not want to eat it in Ethiopia whatsoever. So I give Janice a lot of credit for gracefully eating it from a total stranger's hand. I don't think we've ever seen a family member eat something that "scary" (from a sheltered U.S. perspective) with such a good attitude.

The only place I eat raw meat and fish at any random restaurant is Japan. They have way higher safety standards than we do.

Since I have no life, I looked up expat apartments in Addis Ababa, and they are not nearly as cheap as I imagined. Obviously I'm looking at listings in English, so I'm going to be seeing the top end. But at least in the cosmopolitan neighborhoods, it's not like you can live in luxury with servants for the price of a modest apartment in the U.S.

I am hoping against hope that we will finally see Parents Sumit. Wife Sumit, on the other hand, has suffered enough. I'm crossing my fingers that she's not so desperate for money that she'd be humiliated on TV for our entertainment.

• Love 2
34 minutes ago, IvySpice said:

I love Ethiopian food, including the raw minced beef, but I don't order it due to food safety concerns...in AMERICA.

I LOVE beef tartare, but have only eaten it under American food safety rules.  Have never had a problem.

Many years ago, I lived in Baltimore.  Every summer, the local Catholic church would have a "bull roast" as a fundraiser.  Anything you could do to beef was done and sold.  Offerings included a "ground beef sandwich."  It was raw ground beef with a little onion and seasonings.  I loved it.

• Love 4
On 8/5/2020 at 9:50 AM, lilysmom said:

here seems to be something just not connecting with her about future living conditions, finances, and EVERYTHING else.  She doesn't know how much he makes as a dancer and whether or not it will provide for her and the baby. 

I think she's used to Nurse Janice and Doctor Daddy bailing her out of every situation. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, IvySpice said:

Since I have no life, I looked up expat apartments in Addis Ababa, and they are not nearly as cheap as I imagined. Obviously I'm looking at listings in English, so I'm going to be seeing the top end. But at least in the cosmopolitan neighborhoods, it's not like you can live in luxury with servants for the price of a modest apartment in the U.S.

Because I too have no life, your post made me wonder what sort of prices you found for, say something Ari & Bibi could afford. I know I can do my own research, but maybe you remember some ballpark figures? 

Ari's eyes & smile are so vacuous, it's freakin disturbing considering the whole situation. Hello! Anyone home? 

• Love 5
5 hours ago, AZChristian said:

I LOVE beef tartare, but have only eaten it under American food safety rules.  Have never had a problem.

Many years ago, I lived in Baltimore.  Every summer, the local Catholic church would have a "bull roast" as a fundraiser.  Anything you could do to beef was done and sold.  Offerings included a "ground beef sandwich."  It was raw ground beef with a little onion and seasonings.  I loved it.

You go Baltimore alum!  Was it held at Michaels on 8th or Martin's West? lol.