Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E16: Not Very Merry-achi

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, ladle said:

We've finally reached the stage of Pandemic Boredom where my husband is willing to watch RHW with me, and he's so astonished and confused by their behavior.  It's like seeing the show through new eyes!

"Did that one just get naked in front of the staff?  Why would she do that?  What is going on??"

Adorable.

Lucky.  My husband runs at the first sign the Housewives are on the TV. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 6
12 hours ago, Anne Thrax said:

I hate to disappoint you but the stories of ex-cons really aren't that interesting.  I can tell you their stories:  They went to prison, sometimes multiple stints, for kiting checks, neglecting/abusing their kids or letting their boyfriends do it, hooking, shoplifting, acting as accomplice to their criminal boyfriend, welfare/unemployment/disability fraud, DUI, drug use/sales, manslaughter while drunk driving.  Ugly stuff mostly that illustrates stupidity and bad judgment.

I was a corrections educator so I am familiar with people who have been in prison. I was thinking more about what kind of problems the women have had adapting to life on the outside, that sort of thing.  

Edited by Ms. Me
  • Love 11
On 7/31/2020 at 2:05 PM, OFDgal said:

I agree.  I worked in an inpatient, locked psychiatric hospital.  Most of our admissions were people that felt they didn't need to take their meds anymore.  Many of them would then self-medicate with marijuana, alcohol or even street drugs such as cocaine or heroin.  These drugs enhanced their manic symptoms and made them feel "great" until they didn't.  They would spiral out of control and end up hospitalized.  After that I worked with mentally ill clients in the community.  Every one of my clients with a bipolar diagnosis was prescribed meds to control their symptoms.   I don't know anything about Leah's diagnosis except what she revealed.   Leah might benefit from at least a mood stabilizer.  This is just my opinion.

Yeah but mood stabilizers really pack on he pounds sometimes. One more reason people stop medicating.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
On 7/31/2020 at 7:06 PM, ErikaOnline said:

lol Sonja has absolutely no shame. She looked miserable to me while she was “drunkenly” getting her hair done. I think Ramona really has tried with Leah like how she used to try with Bethenny. To me   Leah just wants to find a reason to be mad with her. At the nice event for the nice women Leah was acting like a child. Ramona doesn’t have to talk to her. Luanne always loves to talk to the men she meets on the vacations lol I guess that’s why she was wearing that pretty blue dress. Dorinda and Sonja start a lot of drama. Leah made herself look really bad saying all of that stuff when she was going off about Ramona talking about smh lol.

Ramona has every right to have her nose out of joint about the party at her house and her bday party. Leah is a loose canon. OMG, I am defending Ramona.  I said it before, I could not be friends with Leah the Lush, she is loud, coarse and too much in your face...why the bathing suit and cover up at dinner, nobody had eve been swimming.

• Love 19
On 7/30/2020 at 8:17 PM, pieinmyeye said:

I want to know why Ramona didn’t get equally as mad with the other three. Friends or not, they all misbehaved badly.

That’s what I want to know.. Sonja has been showing her lady parts since day 1. I also think Sonja’s behavior was awful too, but she’s always given a pass. 

Edited by FancyNancy
  • Love 11

Ramona pities and feels sorry for Sonja, I think. She thinks Sonja is beyond help or  that this is the essence of Sonja.  Maybe with Leah she expects more because she's seen Leah totally composed, completely able to carry on conversations, and acting "normally" by which I mean acting politely in front of company.  While maybe some could suspect that Leah "acts up" for the cameras or in an attempt to get attention or a storyline, there is absolutely no helping Sonja who will act like this at any public gathering regardless.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
52 minutes ago, FancyNancy said:

That’s what I want to know.. Sonja has been showing her lady parts since day 1. I also think Sonja’s behavior was awful too, but she’s always give a pass. 

Maybe because they are actual friends. Leah is not. She is new and in your face. I detest her.

• Love 13
On 7/30/2020 at 10:15 PM, ichbin said:

Unfortunately it appears she has settled upon petulant.  It's like watching a fourteen year old who's been forced to spend time with the mother  she currently hates and her mother's friends when she would rather be doing anything else.  I don't think age is the problem though.  I get the feeling there would be issues with younger women  too if they didn't share her particular views.  

Good point. Does Leah have girlfriends? I don't see Leah spending any time listening or just being around others. She is not friendship material. 

• Love 14
On 8/1/2020 at 11:36 AM, Boo Boo said:

There's also a big part of me thinking a lot of the drama that ensues and their twitter wars are stuff they laugh their asses off about when the cameras are off.  Of course they are going to need to bring the drama.  We aren't going to watch a show that doesn't have it.

i would watch it.  i don't like the drama.  i enjoyed it the first few years...didn't like luann and her entitlement but it was fun to watch.  i absolutely loved bethenny and jill together and jill had to  go and mess that up.  i loved the social climbing of simon and his wife they were hysterical.  simon's outfits were amazing.  those were fun times and then they were fired and the show started getting darker until we have leah and dorinda who make it so dark i don't want to watch anymore.  i dropped out of altanta and new jersey long ago and last year dropped out beverly hills.  it's gotten so bad now that i go to tlc for my trash tv.  i'm going to be dropping them soon because i see they can't keep ma dugger off their shows.  they were all fired a few yrs ago but they're back

• Love 17
3 hours ago, Showthyme said:

Good point. Does Leah have girlfriends? I don't see Leah spending any time listening or just being around others. She is not friendship material. 

Leah is the type to mainly have guy friends who only hang out with her because they want to bang her. Then drop her.

It is telling that her sister seems to be her only friend. Tinsley was a convenience after Bethenny dropped out as she was supposed to be her path into the group.

• Love 4
On 8/1/2020 at 12:11 AM, ladle said:

Ramona is awful, so it pains me to defend her, but I'm so tired of "how dare she be having a birthday party at age 63" or whatever.  If she wants to have a party, so fucking what??  Go, and drink the free booze.  Or don't go.  It's really not that deep...

Nope ! US$100.00 pp to let Ramon purchase herself a gift ^_^ #Ramona63rdBirthdaySelfServingKindaCharityEvent

• Love 2
5 hours ago, chlban said:

Maybe because they are actual friends. Leah is not. She is new and in your face. I detest her.

And that’s all fine and dandy, but people can’t scold her for things we’ve watched them all do, especially Sonja, for years. They (Ramona and Sonja) scoff and judge like they’re above it all when they’re all in the same waters. 

• Love 9
48 minutes ago, Diane Mars said:

Nope ! US$100.00 pp to let Ramon purchase herself a gift ^_^ #Ramona63rdBirthdaySelfServingKindaCharityEvent

I was under the impression that RHW events always had free booze, at least for the Housewives.  

• Love 1

Sonja has advertised herself as the straw that stirs the drink. All of a sudden we have Leah who does the stuff but more extreme. So Sonja thinks she has to up her game hence the dancing on the mirror. Get rid of them both.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
On 7/30/2020 at 9:04 PM, Straycat80 said:

She asked her friends to donate $100 so she could buy a bag? Tacky! 

I realize that I am not in the same stratosphere as Ramona et al, but I am close in age, and I am so thankful that things like the "right" bag, etc., no longer mean a damn thing to me.  There was a time when I spent ridiculous amounts of hard-earned resources on such things, but if aging has any rewards at all, one is that the chains of conspicuous consumerism are released, lol.  

But yes, beyond that, for her to request they pool their money so that she doesn't have to be assaulted with 60 less-than gifts, is really beyond the pale.  In my area, there is a charitable organization made up of 100 women who meet (can't remember if it's monthly or quarterly) and donate $100 each time, pool the money and determine charities to benefit.  It really does highlight how incredibly shallow she is.  Over the top self involvement, while simultaneously displaying an incredible lack of self awareness

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
Grammar
  • Love 18
9 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I realize that I am not in the same stratosphere with Ramona et al, but I am close in age, and I am so thankful that things like the "right" bag, etc., no longer mean a damn thing to me.  There was a time when I spent ridiculous amounts of hard-earned resources on such things, but if aging has any rewards at all, one is that the chains of conspicuous consumerism are released, lol.  

But yes, beyond that, for her to request they pool their money so that she doesn't have to be assaulted with 60 less-than gifts, is really beyond the pale.  In my area, there is a charitable organization made up of 100 women who meet (can't remember if it's monthly or quarterly) and donate $100 each time, pool the money and determine charities to benefit.  It really does highlight how incredibly shallow she is.  Over the top self involvement, while simultaneously displaying an incredible lack of self awareness

Agreed. The other sad thing about this whole premise, is that. at least, 50 of her closest friends people were willing to pay the cover charge. I have to wonder if this is normal in Ramona's circle of friends --or were they that desperate for the chance to appear in the background on tv?

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
22 hours ago, FancyNancy said:

Sonja has been showing her lady parts since day 1. I also think Sonja’s behavior was awful too, but she’s always give a pass. 

I actually think Sonja's behavior was worse.  She destroyed property and could have really injured herself or someone else smashing that mirror (serving plate?  I'm not sure what it was or how it happened, but I blinked and suddenly she was dancing on it.)  

• Like 1
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

No one can convince me that Sawnya's behavior is solely the result of alcohol abuse.  That wackadoodle has substance abuse issues that only her pharmacist street dealer can speak to.

I think alcohol was at the core for many years but I think it's possible she's bumped up to harder substances in recent years.  The nature of her behavior while under the influence seems different.  She seems to get higher faster and weirder.

I also think Dorinda and John were mostly coke and sex buddies.

If I recall correctly, its been said Luann does - or did - coke.

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 8
5 hours ago, SweetieDarling said:

Agreed. The other sad thing about this whole premise, is that. at least, 50 of her closest friends people were willing to pay the cover charge. I have to wonder if this is normal in Ramona's circle of friends --or were they that desperate for the chance to appear in the background on tv?

Wait! Guests had to pay to attend that pathetic narcissistic tribute to Ramona? If Ramona's part of a birthday club as been discussed on here, then I guess it was OK for everybody to chip in and buy her one expensive gift. Still, I like the idea of "no gifts please" or to yes, donate to the charity or their choice or make one single generous donation to an agreed-upon organization.

Anyway, if there was a cover charge, then kadooz to Leah & Co. for at least providing entertainment!

I recall numerous sneaky camera peeks at Sonja lounging in bed and drinking what looked like white wine all afternoon.  Notice she didn't mention what kind of "coke" she was consuming along with her red wine. What a cringeworthy hot mess she is.

Add me to the list who doesn't like Leah. To me, she seems to be seeking some type of mother figure in the other women. In Dorinda, she's getting the approval and acceptance for drinking and bad behavior that she's not getting from her own mother. Understandably. If Luann had been able to stay sober, she might have been a good influence on Leah. At least we haven't seen out-on-control drunken behavior from Luann other than the bizarre rant at Sonja at BSM, which seemed fakety-fake.

• Love 8
On 8/3/2020 at 8:33 AM, SuprSuprElevated said:

But yes, beyond that, for her to request they pool their money so that she doesn't have to be assaulted with 60 less-than gifts, is really beyond the pale. 

Do we know that pooling for one substantial gift isn't the norm among this particular group? If I'm not mistaken, we only heard something about this from either Dorinda or Sonja. I take any of these type of backstabbing statements made by cast members  against another with a grain of salt. One questionable statement has essentially bloomed into Ramona forcing acquaintances to pay a cover charge to get into her party. No one held a gun to the guests heads so one can assume each wanted to be there for whatever reason. The only people who seemed to not be enjoying themselves were Dorinda, Sonja, Luann, and Leah.  Which reminds me, considering the way Ramona went to show them the purse I have to wonder if they were in on that particular gift. I didn't notice them bringing any gifts of their own, nor did they mention giving her anything.  I guess the honor of their company sufficed.  

• Love 12
9 minutes ago, ichbin said:

Do we know that pooling for one substantial gift isn't the norm among this particular group? If I'm not mistaken, we only heard something about this from either Dorinda or Sonja. I take any of these type of backstabbing statements made by cast members  against another with a grain of salt. One questionable statement has essentially bloomed into Ramona forcing acquaintances to pay a cover charge to get into her party. No one held a gun to the guests heads so one can assume each wanted to be there for whatever reason. The only people who seemed to not be enjoying themselves were Dorinda, Sonja, Luann, and Leah.  Which reminds me, considering the way Ramona went to show them the purse I have to wonder if they were in on that particular gift. I didn't notice them bringing any gifts of their own, nor did they mention giving her anything.  I guess the honor of their company sufficed.  

I was the one that called it a cover charge. It was meant to be a joke aimed at the idea of the guests each chipping in a substantial amount (someone said $1000) to buy her the present of her choice. I also mentioned that maybe it is the norm for her group of girlfriends. Maybe they have some kind of agreement so they get to attend a lavish party, and when it's their turn, they know they'll get something more than a cheap trinket or re-gifted hideous object from a previous party. 

18 minutes ago, ichbin said:

Which reminds me, considering the way Ramona went to show them the purse I have to wonder if they were in on that particular gift. I didn't notice them bringing any gifts of their own, nor did they mention giving her anything.

I fast forwarded through the "Never Before Scene" episode and just watched the new scenes and in one of them Dorinda had a lady come out to do a belly dance for Ramona.  Ramona did not seem too enthused.  ;-)

• LOL 2
On 8/3/2020 at 7:58 AM, ladle said:

I actually think Sonja's behavior was worse.  She destroyed property and could have really injured herself or someone else smashing that mirror (serving plate?  I'm not sure what it was or how it happened, but I blinked and suddenly she was dancing on it.)  

It always is, but somehow she gets a pass. Neither of them are anything to write home about lol. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, ichbin said:

For me, I didn't consider it a cover charge, and I thought I heard Ramona discussing the $100 per guest gift thing.  It very well may be an established thing for that group, and so it's certainly up to them to participate in it, I just find it unappealing and certainly nothing I would be bragging about for teevee cameras.  Different strokes.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, abc123 said:

I fast forwarded through the "Never Before Scene" episode and just watched the new scenes and in one of them Dorinda had a lady come out to do a belly dance for Ramona.  Ramona did not seem too enthused.  😉

Seems like an odd choice being invited to a party and deciding to provide unsolicited entertainment. Dorinda sounds like the type of person who selects gifts based upon her own preferences and interests rather than taking the recipient into consideration. 

• Love 4
On 7/31/2020 at 6:11 PM, ladle said:

Luann does look a little bit like Katharine McFee in the face.  (Also, I must have been living under a rock because how did I miss the memo that she married Yolanda's ex??)

She did look like McFee and I think that was a huge compliment coming from Ramona. Ramona called the husband “that older gentleman” and I saw nothing wrong with it. That is what he is so....eh.

On 7/31/2020 at 6:11 PM, ladle said:

If she wants to have a party, so fucking what?? 

I swear to god I’ve never been such a Ramona apologizer as I’ve been this season, but I totally agree!  Who gives a shit if she wants to throw a huge party for her birthday??  I didn’t know there was an age limit on birthday parties. That’s the only day in the year that is YOUR day. Live it up!

As far as Dorinda, she’s irredeemable to me.  I won’t continue to watch next season if she’s still on (although I will certainly keep reading here!).  What makes her so is the fact that she was so vicious to Tinsley who did NOTHING to her.  She was unprovoked in her attacks.  I would cut her SOME slack if Tinsley was directly attacking Dorinda, but that’s not what happened.  It was horrible to watch, not the fun entertainment I look for in these silly shows.  It was too much.

• Love 14
On 7/30/2020 at 11:04 PM, Pattycake2 said:

The camera shot of Leah dancing didn’t show her from the front, but it certainly caught her ass cheeks hanging out.  It was Ramona’s birthday, Ramona’s party, and Ramona’s friends.  I can only hope half the crap that happened was producer driven.  The ladies trashed Ramona’s friends, made fun of the decor, a few didn’t follow the dress guidance, and Leah and Sonja were practically screaming Look at Me! Look at Me!  Oh, and I actually heard myself say out loud tonight - F Off, Dorinda.

👆  All day long.

On 7/30/2020 at 11:18 PM, maggiemae said:

I don't get it - a day at the spa and the guests are getting hair color and highlights that can't be kept up? Or makeup they cannot afford?

Pampering would be a hot tub and a massage, imo. And a nice lunch.

Great point!  

On 7/31/2020 at 12:47 AM, missyb said:

I watched Watch What's Happening Live tonight. I have to say, Ramona was hysterical.  She does own who she is and I find her the most genuine of the Housewives. She may be over the top,loud, obnoxious, but its who she is, not for the cameras. Sonja is always acting for the cameras. Always. I find her offensive.

Several housewives have said, Ramona has proven to be a very good friend. Dont know naything about that but it has been said.

Great point here, too.  There is a lot to like about Ramona and at the top of the list for me is that she does seem to own who she is without apology.  And I agree that it makes her one of the most genuine of the bunch (and possibly the entire franchise).  

My only issues are how poorly she speaks to the "help" and the fact that she doesn't always understand how what she says and doesn't say can sometimes be hurtful to others.  I think she's worked on the latter over the years and has gained some self-awareness, though, so I give her points for that, but she has a long way to go where the "help" is concerned.

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 6
On 7/31/2020 at 10:07 AM, The Ringo Kidd said:

It was Century 21 which has a big store downtown and another in 86th Street in Brooklyn.

All of these clothes are from a Chinese website where they can be purchased at half the price. They just slapped Sonja’s label on them and shipped them out. That is why they could fill the store.

As an added bonus they were made by Uighur slave labor. Something that doesn’t seem to bother anyone.

You can find this white jacket from Sonja Morgan on Century 21 website for the discounted price of $89.99.  Or you could buy it directly from AliExpress for $28.49.  This just makes me so angry.  This is the same jacket we’ve seen Sonja wear many times in plaid.

048F2CDE-7502-4025-A049-537235094D0E.jpeg

90D36655-152F-400B-BB6E-C5ABABF0E1B5.jpeg

Edited by Emmeline
  • Useful 1

Just finally getting to this episode. Leah, really? The very worst thing somebody could do to another person is to ignore them? I think there are a lot of worse things someone could do. Ramona bugs me, but she was the host of the event, and was trying to greet all of her guests. Leah, you should have been a big girl and went and found something else to do instead of assume that you needed to be entertained personally by the host. Ramona was disgusting? Is that really the word? Selfish or narcissistic maybe, but I would not choose "disgusting" .

You grinding with your dress up around your waist as a choice you made without any alcohol, and on your meds, maybe would have been seen as some sort of an expressive act at some sort of art show or dance club or something or maybe even in your own house. But this was not the arena to behave like that. You're acting like this is you, and you are being shamed for being yourself, and I don't think that's true. I don't think you consciously made that decision, soberly. All of this trying to deflect the shame back to someone else? Is keeping you from being held accountable for your actions. If I drink on my meds, the same ones you're most likely on, I barely know what I did the night before and I spend the entire next day apologizing! Grow up. 

Edited by Aim123
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3
On 7/31/2020 at 12:11 AM, mothmonsterman said:

I find Leah insufferable. She’s the definition of an attention whore. She stormed out of the spa, then came back when no one cared. 

My 12 year old has started doing this once every two days or so. It's the most annoying thing in the world, but I've slowly realized that not reacting is the quickest way to get her to show back up again and go back to normal.

But, uh, like I said, she's 12. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
On 7/31/2020 at 6:41 PM, Ms Blue Jay said:

David married somebody 35 years younger than he is, so of course that's going to age him. He  IS old compared to his wife.  He also has 7 grandkids and "children" who are way older than Kat.  If people see David and Kat walking around together, I'm sure they're going to think that he's "the old guy".

I thought it was a marvelous compliment to Luann (even though I actually think Luann is more beautiful than Kat) because Kat is 20 years younger than Luann, and that's how Luann took it.  Coming from Ramona, I thought it was really sweet. 

Exactly. I looked up their ages. Katherine is now 39, and David is 73. That's a massive age gap. I'm not saying David isn't also super talented, famous, rich, an attractive man, etc. But yes he is an older gentleman. Women are called old as soon as we're not SUPER young anymore. I see no issue with men who are actually older called older. I don't think Ramona meant anything by that, and trust me, she's someone who can rub me the wrong way with what she says. I still remember her making Tinsley (one of the younger and prettier women in the cast) cry telling her she looked older. 

Luann and Katherine are both pretty ladies. I see a bit of resemblance.

I agree Leah's behavior was a little much at the party. Her dancing was pretty provocative, but Sonja's behavior can be way worse. Breaking the glass, that could have been really dangerous and hurt people. Then not keeping her clothes on in front of the poor woman doing her hair-totally unacceptable. Her behavior has been wore than Leah's on numerous occasions. It's very disappointing. I started out a big fan of Sonja. But it's honestly sad watching her in the latter seasons. She needs help.

• Like 5