Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E16: Not Very Merry-achi

• Start Topic

49 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

For a little while, Sonja looked so rough before and during the dinner in Mexico, that I would have sought medical attention for her.  Her face and eyes looked scary. And, I've seen some really drunk people in my life.  And, they said that she hadn't actually drank that much.  I suppose implying that she had also taken pills.  Apparently, they haven't watched the show Autopsy: The Final Hours.  It features celebrities in their final hours before death.  Quite a few of them indulge in alcohol and drugs.  It can make for a deadly cocktail.  

Same, alcohol is always in abundance at the parties I attend (pre COVID) and all through the years it's extremely rare I've seen people party as hard as Sonja, and she's doing it on our TVs weekly.

• Love 9

The way she reacted I wonder if it was a drug interaction with something as benign as Motion   Sickness pills. She didn’t seem to drink enough to be so wasted. It happened right after she got off the plane.  Ambien and alcohol maybe?

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
20 hours ago, gatopretoNYC said:

How was that a spa day? That wasn't a spa - it was a hair salon. Que bosta, Luann.

Not even a hair salon but seemingly...a wig salon?  Very odd.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 6

lol Sonja has absolutely no shame. She looked miserable to me while she was “drunkenly” getting her hair done. I think Ramona really has tried with Leah like how she used to try with Bethenny. To me   Leah just wants to find a reason to be mad with her. At the nice event for the nice women Leah was acting like a child. Ramona doesn’t have to talk to her. Luanne always loves to talk to the men she meets on the vacations lol I guess that’s why she was wearing that pretty blue dress. Dorinda and Sonja start a lot of drama. Leah made herself look really bad saying all of that stuff when she was going off about Ramona talking about smh lol.

• Love 12

When Ramona was unpacking her bags, and she said she brought her Ramona skincare line so the women "can all look like me", I wanted to throw things at my t.v.

BTW, Ramones....HDTV does you no favors.  She has old looking, bad skin that she cakes on with makeup.  

And Ramona calling David Foster the "old guy"?  First of all, he's only 7 years older.  Are you jealous of Katherine McPhee, Ramona?  David Foster is most definitely in that "top 1%" that you so desire.  He's nice looking, very wealthy, and an extremely successful songwriter.  On WWHL, she still couldn't identify him.  How about simply saying that LuAnn looks like that lovely girl Katherine McPhee?  Period?  

• Love 15
21 hours ago, chewycandy said:

But she may not have shared that information with any of the ladies yet. While it may have been put out there on the internet by Leah herself, Ramona is using it as an excuse. It’s gross. 

I'm confused.  If that information is on the Internet, for the public to see, why is Leah upset with Ramona saying it on camera, when it's already out there in public.  If it wasn't on the Internet then I can get why Leah is upset.

But Leah's dress did ride up at that party (they showed a clip) and Ramona had to pull it down, but Leah was probably too drunk to notice.

I don't like Ramona, but Leah is an idiot.  Ramona and Sonja have known each other for a long time, so sure if Sonja does something stupid, Ramona isn't going to react the same way as she would when Leah does something stupid. 

• Love 16
(edited)
16 minutes ago, Starlight925 said:

And Ramona calling David Foster the "old guy"?  First of all, he's only 7 years older.  Are you jealous of Katherine McPhee, Ramona?  David Foster is most definitely in that "top 1%" that you so desire.  He's nice looking, very wealthy, and an extremely successful songwriter.  On WWHL, she still couldn't identify him.  How about simply saying that LuAnn looks like that lovely girl Katherine McPhee?  Period?  

David married somebody 35 years younger than he is, so of course that's going to age him. He  IS old compared to his wife.  He also has 7 grandkids and "children" who are way older than Kat.  If people see David and Kat walking around together, I'm sure they're going to think that he's "the old guy".

I thought it was a marvelous compliment to Luann (even though I actually think Luann is more beautiful than Kat) because Kat is 20 years younger than Luann, and that's how Luann took it.  Coming from Ramona, I thought it was really sweet. 

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Like 1
  • Love 21
(edited)
11 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

I'm confused.  If that information is on the Internet, for the public to see, why is Leah upset with Ramona saying it on camera, when it's already out there in public.  If it wasn't on the Internet then I can get why Leah is upset.

But Leah's dress did ride up at that party (they showed a clip) and Ramona had to pull it down, but Leah was probably too drunk to notice.

I don't like Ramona, but Leah is an idiot.  Ramona and Sonja have known each other for a long time, so sure if Sonja does something stupid, Ramona isn't going to react the same way as she would when Leah does something stupid. 

She was upset that Ramona was discussing her mental health/illness not to her face, but to Sonja. If Ramona was truly was concerned about her behavior and mixing alcohol with meds, she would talk to Leah herself, like she did about Leah’s issue with her mother.

Why is it okay for Ramona to have different standards for Leah and Sonja?

Edited by chewycandy
  • Love 3
29 minutes ago, chewycandy said:

She was upset that Ramona was discussing her mental health/illness not to her face, but to Sonja. If Ramona was truly was concerned about her behavior and mixing alcohol with meds, she would talk to Leah herself, like she did about Leah’s issue with her mother.

Ramona didn't seem to be discussing this with Sonja in a malicious way.  She was putting all of the pieces of the puzzle together and was trying to figure out why Leah acted the way she did.   If that's just "Leah being Leah," then she needs to grow the eff up.  If it's because she has an issue that requires medication, then her behavior is more understandable.  Sonja shouldn't have done the 'run, tell dat' thing to Leah though.  She made it sound totally different than what Ramona's intent of the conversation was.   Sonja & Dorinda have proven themselves to be the shit stirrers of this show.   Pfft on them!

• LOL 1
  • Love 17
26 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

People tend to give their friends a break more than someone they just met. 

I get that but Ramona’s known Luann and Dorinda for years and even they said Ramona was overreacting. 

• Love 2
Just now, ChitChat said:

Ramona didn't seem to be discussing this with Sonja in a malicious way.  She was putting all of the pieces of the puzzle together and was trying to figure out why Leah acted the way she did.   If that's just "Leah being Leah," then she needs to grow the eff up.  If it's because she has an issue that requires medication, then her behavior is more understandable.  Sonja shouldn't have done the 'run, tell dat' thing to Leah though.  She made it sound totally different than what Ramona's intent of the conversation was.   Sonja & Dorinda have proven themselves to be the shit stirrers of this show.   Pfft on them!

I don’t think Ramona was being thoughtful enough to “figure” anything out. She did not have to take what her friend (or Tanya or Avery) told her after looking Leah up on the web and discuss it  with someone other than Leah. 

1 hour ago, chewycandy said:

I don’t think Ramona was being thoughtful enough to “figure” anything out. She did not have to take what her friend (or Tanya or Avery) told her after looking Leah up on the web and discuss it  with someone other than Leah. 

That's a difficult subject to bring up with someone you don't know very well.  "So Leah, I hear that you have some mental issues.  Tell me about that...."  Again, speaking from family experience, this can be a very delicate subject to broach, even among loved ones.  I don't think it was wrong of Ramona to confide in one of her best friends about it.  Sonja was wrong to go open her big mouth to Leah about it.  Sonja has a way of twisting things to make it sound worse than what it was.    

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, ChitChat said:

That's a difficult subject to bring up with someone you don't know very well.  "So Leah, I hear that you have some mental issues.  Tell me about that...."  Again, speaking from family experience, this can be a very delicate subject to broach, even among loved ones.  

Fair enough. Though Ramona has never been shy about broaching difficult subjects with any cast mate before! 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Neurochick said:

I know a lot of people are ignorant about topics like depression and mental illness. And I’m thinking of people like ramona and her UES best friends. I don’t think Leah could stand the idea of those types discussing her in that way.  But Leah is ridiculous and doesn’t have anything to say. Although that’s the same with this whole cast right now.  

• Love 1
1 hour ago, PradaKitty said:

I’d actually like to hear Avery’s take on Leah’s behavior at the party. 

No thanks.  She has this air of self importance because her mother is on a reality show.  Yuck. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 13
16 hours ago, Jextella said:

They say that young people stop maturing when they turn to drugs and alcohol.  Wherever they are in their emotional development at the time they check out is where they are at today.

Interesting, I haven't heard that before.  I'm still reading through the this thread and I'm of two minds about Ramona bringing up Leah's diagnosed mental health condition.  I think the whole mental health parity act happened in 2016 or 2017?  I'm not sure it is relevant in this conversation but I wish people (all of the HWs I watch) would be more respectful with each other.  It doesn't take a mental health professional to know something is wrong with Leah, and for that matter, Sonja and Dorinda.

• Love 8
19 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

I mean look at her moms face when they were at that lunch and she was giddy telling them she was doing cartwheels and things drunk at dinner ... her mom just had that sad look on her face like here we go again....

I've been meaning to say, I thought that moment at lunch with her parents was really telling.  Leah knows her mom disapproves of her drunken antics, but instead of downplaying or just not mentioning them, Leah goes out of her way to relate that story to her parents.  Then when her mom inevitably disapproves, it's How dare you disapprove?  I'm not a clinician, but that's an interesting mother/daughter relationship, for sure.  

• Love 12
3 minutes ago, ladle said:

I've been meaning to say, I thought that moment at lunch with her parents was really telling.  Leah knows her mom disapproves of her drunken antics, but instead of downplaying or just not mentioning them, Leah goes out of her way to relate that story to her parents.  Then when her mom inevitably disapproves, it's How dare you disapprove?  I'm not a clinician, but that's an interesting mother/daughter relationship, for sure.  

It's partly for filming, has to be, because if she didn't relate that story they would have dumped that lunch in the trash and never shown it on tv. Who wants to watch 3 people chew their food?

Edited by Chicklet
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, Bluesky said:

But Leah is ridiculous and doesn’t have anything to say. Although that’s the same with this whole cast right now.  

Being on a HWs reality show probably wasn't the best move for Leah.  It's unrealistic to think that she could keep anything private, especially any info she's already put out on social media.  She has a golden opportunity to educate people about bi-polar (if she so chooses), but she's going the opposite direction and making a spectacle of herself.  I'm not making fun of her.  I think it's quite sad.  

• Love 16
2 hours ago, ChitChat said:

Being on a HWs reality show probably wasn't the best move for Leah.  It's unrealistic to think that she could keep anything private, especially any info she's already put out on social media.  She has a golden opportunity to educate people about bi-polar (if she so chooses), but she's going the opposite direction and making a spectacle of herself.  I'm not making fun of her.  I think it's quite sad.  

I detest Leah. I am not even remotely interested in her life. She is the worst addition to this show in years. 

• Love 24
On 7/30/2020 at 10:40 PM, Ms Blue Jay said:

Something about Dorinda screaming "Crop top?  DING!  You're a Whore!"  was really funny.  I have to admit it.

I know.  I am torn when I see my former favorite characters do funny things and put on the charm. I still crack up with Bethenny, even though I do not care for her at all. 

If I really like a character on housewives, I usually will continue to support them, even when they become the bad guy. (I've supported Dorinda and Sonja for a while now, because, they make me laugh and I've always thought there was some kind of heart deep inside.)   I am skeptical of this franchise and never quite trust what I see. And, for good reason. 

The Housewives franchise is heavily produced, imo, and I suspect that a lot of what we see happen is done by a loose script.  So, I try to keep that in mind when I watch the show.  It's not much different from professional wrestling. (WWE) Have you ever watched it?    They have these characters that are generated by the PTB.  Bad guy, nice guy, meanie, etc. Then they fight in the ring so that it looks horrible and violent.  Well......they are fighting, but, it's staged fighting. They actually practice the moves and prepare for it. This is well known.   However, people still get hurt. Really hurt when doing this.  And, feelings get hurt as well.   So, in a way, it's difficult to tell reality from fake.  Despite all that, the true personalities still come through and that's what I try to base my opinion on with housewives.  Eventually, I have to face it when the character seems to have lost it.  Both on the show and in reality.  Does that make any sense?  lol  

• Love 5
21 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I know.  I am torn when I see my former favorite characters do funny things and put on the charm. I still crack up with Bethenny, even though I do not care for her at all. 

If I really like a character on housewives, I usually will continue to support them, even when they become the bad guy. (I've supported Dorinda and Sonja for a while now, because, they make me laugh and I've always thought there was some kind of heart deep inside.)   I am skeptical of this franchise and never quite trust what I see. And, for good reason. 

The Housewives franchise is heavily produced, imo, and I suspect that a lot of what we see happen is done by a loose script.  So, I try to keep that in mind when I watch the show.  It's not much different from professional wrestling. (WWE) Have you ever watched it?    They have these characters that are generated by the PTB.  Bad guy, nice guy, meanie, etc. Then they fight in the ring so that it looks horrible and violent.  Well......they are fighting, but, it's staged fighting. They actually practice the moves and prepare for it. This is well known.   However, people still get hurt. Really hurt when doing this.  And, feelings get hurt as well.   So, in a way, it's difficult to tell reality from fake.  Despite all that, the true personalities still come through and that's what I try to base my opinion on with housewives.  Eventually, I have to face it when the character seems to have lost it.  Both on the show and in reality.  Does that make any sense?  lol  

There's also a big part of me thinking a lot of the drama that ensues and their twitter wars are stuff they laugh their asses off about when the cameras are off.  Of course they are going to need to bring the drama.  We aren't going to watch a show that doesn't have it.

• Love 1
On 7/30/2020 at 6:15 PM, Ms. Me said:

Why are the RHONY women there with the Fortune Society?  I'd like to see these ladies and hear a bit more of their stories. 

I hate to disappoint you but the stories of ex-cons really aren't that interesting.  I can tell you their stories:  They went to prison, sometimes multiple stints, for kiting checks, neglecting/abusing their kids or letting their boyfriends do it, hooking, shoplifting, acting as accomplice to their criminal boyfriend, welfare/unemployment/disability fraud, DUI, drug use/sales, manslaughter while drunk driving.  Ugly stuff mostly that illustrates stupidity and bad judgment.

Edited by Anne Thrax
On 7/30/2020 at 6:21 PM, Ms. Me said:

LOL- What is that green vest thing Dorinda is wearing!?

Dorinda has the worst taste in clothes.  If it doesn't have a designer label, Dorinda is lost as to what she should wear on a tropical vacation.  It looks like she got the clothes for this trip at the Goodwill, especially that fugly brown caftan with orange trim.  To me, when Dorinda talks she always sounds as if she's flexing like a blue collar man.  In the jeans and t-shirt she arrived in, she honestly looked like a man at first glance.  She gave Leah the only thing of hers that looked pretty -- the leopard print caftan.  Dorinda's taste is all in the tongue of her shoe.

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
14 hours ago, PradaKitty said:

I’d actually like to hear Avery’s take on Leah’s behavior at the party. 

14 hours ago, chewycandy said:

Avery has some splainin to do!  Although, I really could care less.  Now that she's an adult and acting like this in public, I don't mind saying a few things - she is BORING on the show and probably in real life.

I'd much rather get to know Sonja's daughter.

.....sorry, I know I should bring the kids into this.

2 hours ago, chlban said:

I detest Leah. I am not even remotely interested in her life. She is the worst addition to this show in years. 

I liked Leah a ton the first few episodes but I didn't like how over-the-top she was on social media.  I really do feel she hasn't matured past her teen years and it showed pretty fast.

I feel for her, though, because I can relate to a lot of her story.  I just hope she learns ASAP that she can't always do what she wants to do.  It's not all about her wants, her desires.  That is the best lession she could teach herself on and off the screen.  

We'll see where things go in a COVID-19 world.  Who knows what shows will be back and in what capacity. 

I do hope Leah gets another season to work things out.  She needs the job and the others seem to like her.

NYC is unique because it is SOOO much more enjoyable when the women get along.  I'd like to see Leah assimilate successfully.  She is fun to watch alone and with the others when she is not being over the top.

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 4
16 hours ago, Starlight925 said:

When Ramona was unpacking her bags, and she said she brought her Ramona skincare line so the women "can all look like me", I wanted to throw things at my t.v.

BTW, Ramones....HDTV does you no favors.  She has old looking, bad skin that she cakes on with makeup.  

Because that is how she thinks. Her thinking process is like that. She identifies by attributes not names. She can't remember names and has difficulty pronouncing words.

Edited by OdinO.
  • Love 2
On 7/30/2020 at 6:41 PM, janiema said:

Leah you do not appear to have your bipolar under control. Go back on your medication.

Not a chance - bipolars really dislike their meds.  They LOVE the manic high.  It drives everyone else crazy, but they live for that mania, which they believe is their "true self" the one everyone loves, who's so much fun, spends money like water and can party for days on end.  When they're on their meds, that high never comes because their meds even out the moods, and then they have to deal with life without that manic escape.  It's a terrible problem that is very difficult to treat under the best of circumstances, let alone when the patient refuses to cooperate.

• Useful 3
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Boo Boo said:

Am I the only one that likes Leah?  *runs*

I like Leah! She just has some growing up to do.

1 hour ago, Anne Thrax said:

Not a chance - bipolars really dislike their meds.  They LOVE the manic high.  It drives everyone else crazy, but they live for that mania, which they believe is their "true self" the one everyone loves, who's so much fun, spends money like water and can party for days on end.  When they're on their meds, that high never comes because their meds even out the moods, and then they have to deal with life without that manic escape.  It's a terrible problem that is very difficult to treat under the best of circumstances, let alone when the patient refuses to cooperate.

Yep.  Not that I'm an expert, but my husband had twin brothers he was friends with during high school.  One of the twins was bipolar.  The difference between the two was night and day.  The bipolar twin would disappear for extended periods of time and every once in awhile send odd messages.  I'm not even sure if he is still with us.

We were always told he hated taking his meds and that this was common among those with bipolar disorder.

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 2
On 7/31/2020 at 8:21 AM, snarts said:

Ramona is no position to judge anyone's level of class when she throws a birthday party for herself and asks guests to donate $100 for her gift. Not to mention the way she repeatedly treats waitstaff and "helpers".  She made that pool woman curl her hair?

She's had issue with Leah from the jump, judging her harshly and ordering her around at her Hampton house BEFORE the tiki torch incident.  The ladies started dancing at Ramona's boring ass party, Leah joined in.  Nothing she did garnered any more attention grabbing than Sonja dancing on the mirror, yet Ramona singles her out?  Why?

All that said, Dorinda's in no position act as mediator or demand that they work it out.  I thought that Luann handled it best, she listened to both parties and suggested they talk it out.  She didn't take sides and didn't run back & forth telling them what the other person was saying (Sonja).  

That house is GORGEOUS!  Does anyone remember the name of it?

It was Villa Casa Del Mar.

39 minutes ago, Anne Thrax said:

“Bipolars”?  That’s a bit insensitive to call people that.  It’s kind of like saying the cancers are down the hall getting their treatment.  Also stereotyping a whole group of people with an illness that affects people in many different ways is inaccurate.  You’re describing the movie version, not always the case.  

• Love 10
38 minutes ago, Anne Thrax said:

I agree. I realize that mental illness is an illness like any other medical condition, however, it triggers me when I observe it and it causing so much pain and suffering. I’ve dealt with it in my family for many years and it’s a touchy thing for me. Especially, when it involves a parent with a young child.

• Love 9
14 hours ago, chewycandy said:

Fair enough. Though Ramona has never been shy about broaching difficult subjects with any cast mate before! 

1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Agree! Ramona’s hoity toity “I’m so disgusted I don’t even want to talk about it” reeks of production and it’s as if she’s trying to sh*t stir and extend the duration of the elephant in the room for drama purposes. Get over it and yourself Ramona. Address it, move on and let us enjoy the fancy vacation without your nose in the air. You wore TJMaxx leggings with heeled mules to the airport.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

Leah has her issues but Ramona is a fake bitch. Her bestie Sonja is fucked gets blackout sloppy wasted constantly and smashed glass at her party and I don’t remember hearing Sonja say sorry? Unless I missed it. Just in this episode Sonja was so wasted and getting naked in front of the staff. Sonja also is pretty much constantly sexually harassing ppl. Also who drinks rose with Coca Cola..yuck.

Also Ramona daughter Avery sounds like a stupid bitch just like her.

Edited by Marley
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Boo Boo said:

I could like Leah if I saw her take some responsibility for her behavior and if she got herself out of Dorinda's clutches.  I liked the fact that she genuinely liked Tinsley and was even willing to defend her from her now-BFF Dorinda.  And I think some of her observations are on point. But I think she is in denial about her drinking and like Ramona, I would be hard pressed to want to spend much time around her if she routinely went off the rails after drinking, which she does. 

The only one of these women I dislike is (quite obviously) Dorinda.  The other women all have personality traits I don't particularly like, but they also have some redeeming qualities that I can see and like. But IMO Dorinda is a narcissist who revels in being cruel towards others and there is nothing to like about that. 

• Love 9
27 minutes ago, Marley said:

Leah has her issues but Ramona is a fake bitch. Her bestie Sonja is fucked gets blackout sloppy wasted constantly and smashed glass at her party and I don’t remember hearing Sonja say sorry? Unless I missed it. Just in this episode Sonja was so wasted and getting naked in front of the staff. Sonja also is pretty much constantly sexually harassing ppl. Also who drinks rose with Coca Cola..yuck.

Also Ramona daughter Avery sounds like a stupid bitch just like her.

Hey do you work at UPS?

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Boo Boo said:

I like her as a person, but I don't like some of her behavior, which gets more disturbing with each episode.  I really hate that Dorinda is encouraging her too.  

• Love 7
5 hours ago, Anne Thrax said:

I hate to disappoint you but the stories of ex-cons really aren't that interesting.  I can tell you their stories:  They went to prison, sometimes multiple stints, for kiting checks, neglecting/abusing their kids or letting their boyfriends do it, hooking, shoplifting, acting as accomplice to their criminal boyfriend, welfare/unemployment/disability fraud, DUI, drug use/sales, manslaughter while drunk driving.  Ugly stuff mostly that illustrates stupidity and bad judgment.

Hey, their stories are probably more interesting than the Housewives at this point.

• LOL 1
  • Love 11

We've finally reached the stage of Pandemic Boredom where my husband is willing to watch RHW with me, and he's so astonished and confused by their behavior.  It's like seeing the show through new eyes!

"Did that one just get naked in front of the staff?  Why would she do that?  What is going on??"

Adorable.

• LOL 16
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, Chicklet said:

It's partly for filming, has to be, because if she didn't relate that story they would have dumped that lunch in the trash and never shown it on tv. Who wants to watch 3 people chew their food?

True, maybe production urged her to talk about it.  But I actually think it would have been TV gold if she had relayed it calmly to her mother, like "Oh yes, we had a lovely dinner... took a stroll....saw the sights" interspersed with clips of her actual banshee behavior.  

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
14 minutes ago, ladle said:

True, maybe production urged her to talk about it.  But I actually think it would have been TV gold if she had relayed it calmly to her mother, like "Oh yes, we had a lovely dinner... took a stroll....saw the sights" interspersed with clips of her actual banshee behavior.  

Now THIS I would approve of  and watch with relish. They have the footage, they should do this with every housewife.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Anne Thrax said:

It was Villa Casa Del Mar.

$12,000 a night! Those women do not deserve the royal treatment, nice hotels or first rate dining...Bravo should have let the ladies from Hope House use that place, they would appreciated it and not abuse the staff, looking at you Ramona and you too Sonja, nobody wants to see you naked prancing around.

• Love 7