Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E16: Not Very Merry-achi

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Does anyone know if any of these ladies smoke now?

In addition to Lu, Dorinda was smoking inside BSM after Luann stormed out.  I have a suspicion they may all be secret smokers, except for Ramona (and Bethenny and Aviva) who have been vocal about anti-smoking.  I seem to remember almost every other Housewife on this franchise sneaking a drag here or there—Jules, Tinsley and Carole pop into my mind immediately.  I’ll probably think of half a dozen more tonight at 3 am when I can’t sleep lol.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 9
(edited)
1 hour ago, Steph J said:

"What behavior?"

REALLY LEAH? What behavior? C'mon.

And Leah talks about RAMONA gaslighting?  Leah was gaslighting.  And I think Luann was unintentionally gaslighting.  Luann clear doesn't remember, even though Leah climbed up on top of her and was grinding on her, or maybe Luann just laughed it off because she doesn't think anything of it.

Leah sounds like Rick James

8JkimLEh.gif

STUlZyX.gif

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • LOL 20
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

Leah made it all about herself and when she left she showed she really didn’t give a shit about the event. 

I appreciated that she left the event so she didn’t end up causing a scene. So she must have cared a little. 🤷🏻‍♀️

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Straycat80 said:

I can’t wait to travel again. Was in Cancun in February, loved it, can’t wait to go back. That house is beautiful, I hope Sonja doesn’t start breaking shit. 

That is an amazing property.  It is part of a resort, Azul Beach Resort, (that has since changed names).  Stunning with amazing service!    

1 hour ago, jaybird2 said:

i think lou

and Dorinda, I think.

• Love 4
(edited)

Again, I ask... What did MEXICO do to these women for them to take it out and shake it??  I agree, though; I adore Cancun and the house and beachfront look stunning.  WHY can't I be there?  I would appreciate it so much more than these dumbasses!!! 

AND,  I wouldn't go around nekked and expect people to unpack my bags!  I'd be a NICE houseguest!

Edited by goofygirl
I forgot. Nekked in front of stranger
  • LOL 3
  • Love 14
(edited)
2 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

As Heather DuBrow once said, “pick a lane.”  Bitch.  

Unfortunately it appears she has settled upon petulant.  It's like watching a fourteen year old who's been forced to spend time with the mother  she currently hates and her mother's friends when she would rather be doing anything else.  I don't think age is the problem though.  I get the feeling there would be issues with younger women  too if they didn't share her particular views.  

Edited by ichbin
spelling
  • Love 17

I don't get it - a day at the spa and the guests are getting hair color and highlights that can't be kept up? Or makeup they cannot afford?

Pampering would be a hot tub and a massage, imo. And a nice lunch.

• Love 22
19 minutes ago, Pattycake2 said:

The camera shot of Leah dancing didn’t show her from the front, but it certainly caught her ass cheeks hanging out.

When she was humping Luann her dress did hike up over her hips exposing her pubic area but she was wearing a flesh tone  bodysuit and I believe that is what one could see. 

• Love 6
(edited)

Leah was right about one thing. It seemed that Ramona was making an effort to be polite with the women from Fortune, but she’d treat them horribly and order them to unpack her luggage anywhere else.

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • Love 14
(edited)

Oh. I kind of like sober Dorinda mothering sober Leah. She was sweet giving Leah the caftan. Which really does look good on her.

eta: Okay, Rinna/RHoBH had completely soured me on leopard print for all eternity, but I now need to own that caftan pronto. Gorgeous. Unlike Sonja’s schmattas, that fabric was very high end. The drape is lovely when she walks.

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • Love 15
35 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Oh. I kind of like sober Dorinda mothering sober Leah. She was sweet giving Leah the caftan. Which really does look good on her.

Dorinda had an ulterior motive for lending Leah the sheer caftan: to set up Ramona in a double standards ‘gotcha’ moment.... if Ramona had a go at Leah for flaunting her body, they could say “ha! It’s Dorinda’s caftan!”

• LOL 2
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, film noire said:

The assurance that Ramona will always let us down - throw a glass, say something brutal,  walk in a bikini and high heels with all the grace of a constipated pigeon in hot pursuit of a man making over 400K a year 

Oh, film noire, you never disappoint with your posts!!  Thanks for the laugh. 

Ramona should be annoyed with Sonja since she's the one that ran and told Leah about her conversation with Ramona about her being bipolar.  Sonja and Dorinda are quite the shit stirrers.  

• Love 9
11 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

Leah is annoying as hell.  She doesn't seem to be able to go out in public in any capacity without throwing a tantrum.

Leah reminds me of CeCe from Beaches - must be the center of attention and it's exhausting to be around. 

• Love 5
12 minutes ago, Jextella said:

They say that young people stop maturing when they turn to drugs and alcohol.  Whereever they are in their emotional development at the time they check out is where they are at today.

IMy non-professional arm-chair psychology take on Leah is that she is still emotionally in her teens.  

All the talk about it being ok for her to do what she wants to do says it all.  She hasn't learned that it works both ways.  Yes, she can do what she wants, but so can Ramona.  And, she doesn't understand that if the goal is to build relationsships, it can't always be about what she wants to do, because there are two people involved and each will want to do their own thing which means the other has to sacrifce a bit.

Her tagline basically conveys the same thing.  She says something like I'll never apologize for who I am, but I'l apologize for what I do.   First,.who one is and what they do are, IMO, the same thing. Second, she doesn't walk the talk on the latter point - or she completely doesn't understand how what she does can be problemmatic for others. 

I think Leah just hasn't matured past a teen-mentality and is still in the "me" zone. 

I agree with this. And I don't think it is any coincidence whatsoever that a lot of her issues with Ramona emerged around the same time that her mother stopped talking to her. I think that she is transferring a lot of her anger and frustration about her mother onto Ramona because Ramona is there, while her mother is not. 

I also suspect that part of the reason she has become so attached to Dorinda is because Dorinda is giving her the approval that she isn't getting from her mother. In the long run, I think that is going to be very bad for Leah. Because Dorinda is a narcissist and will turn on Leah eventually because that is what narcissists do. 

But yeah, IMO, Leah has some really deep-seated issues that stem from her teen years, which has dealt with in any kind of healthy manner yet. And rather than deal with them, she is once again retreating into alcohol and acting out, and IMO, that's bad for her and for anyone who cares for her. Once she can deal with those issues, she can finally start taking responsibility for how she acts.

(I will say, that as much as I think she's acting like a brat, I do understand her anger about Ramona talking about her bipolar disorder. She's clearly NOT hiding it if she has written about it, and that's good, but it's still her place to tell the other women about it, not Ramona's. But in everything else, I am on Ramona's side, not Leah's. She's acted very badly and Ramona has every right to be upset with her about her behavior).

• Love 10
(edited)

The hypocrisy of Ramona bugs me. She allows Sonia to behave like a lunatic around her but admonishes Leah for the same behavior.

Both Ramona and Sonia are elitist snobs that frankly couldn’t behave more pedestrian.

Ramona also dresses very cheap. I have always hated her clothes. Luann doesn’t always makes the best choices but she 9/10 looks chic even if it’s not my style. Dorinda as well. 
They dress to their style and body type not trends like Ramona does. 

Early Carole season 5-6, Evil Aviva and Bethany were always the best dressed on this franchise and the most natural fashionistas if that makes sense. 

I think both Leah and Ramona trigger each other because they are VERY SIMILAR.

Ramona resents her younger self she sees in Leah and Leah sees her future, an obnoxious, twat who likes to pretend she’s more progressive and liberal, but she would chew her arm off to be accepted by those women. 

I see y’all both. 

I can’t stand Leah. I think She’s fake and she tried to pretend she’s one of the tough street Chicks of nyc. Nah bish. You ain’t one of us.

She also has some real spotty political views that ain’t so different from the “MAGA “ crowd she likes to mock. 

But so is Ramona. I been watching you behave atrociously on this show for over a decade Ramona. Sit down.

she treats the staff terribly. She’s someone who would do good to lose some cash and have to work her tush in service. 

Mental illness is not something to throw at folks Ramona. And btw u been using your abusive childhood to be an asshole, even assault a cast mate with a glass, for over a decade 

Those two are mirrors for each other. 

Edited by lamujerdecente
  • Useful 1
  • Love 9
12 hours ago, Vanderboom said:

I'm glad that Luann fulfilled her promise for the Fortune Society Spa Day. Some part of me doubted that she would follow through, so I'm pleasantly surprised. I just wished the other RHONY weren't there, bringing their idiotic drama to the event.

I was too.  I was also surprised and glad that Bravo aired it - would have been better without the drama.  Lee Ann is just trying to hard to make an issue out of everything. 

• Love 4
(edited)
4 hours ago, lamujerdecente said:

The hypocrisy of Ramona bugs me. She allows Sonia to behave like a lunatic around her but admonishes Leah for the same behavior.Both

Ramona and Sonia are elitist snobs that frankly couldn’t behave more pedestrian.

I think with Sonja, the issue is different.  Leah acts like a child and Ramona responds as if she is a child.  Ramona is trying to help Leah grow up.

Sonja is an adult who has suffered significant losses and can't quite recover. Ramona is trying to be a sympathetic friend to Sonja.

Both Leah and Sonja behave in outlandish ways but for different reasons.  Ramona responds accordingly.

I agree that both Ramona and Sonja are elitist and if the rumors are true, they aren't that nice to the "help".  I don't think I'd like either one of them in real life, but their elitism is a whole 'nuther issue.  I actually support Ramona in her response to both Leah and Sonja.

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 12
(edited)
9 hours ago, Pattycake2 said:

The camera shot of Leah dancing didn’t show her from the front, but it certainly caught her ass cheeks hanging out.  It was Ramona’s birthday, Ramona’s party, and Ramona’s friends.  I can only hope half the crap that happened was producer driven.  The ladies trashed Ramona’s friends, made fun of the decor, a few didn’t follow the dress guidance, and Leah and Sonja were practically screaming Look at Me! Look at Me!  Oh, and I actually heard myself say out loud tonight - F Off, Dorinda.

When Ramona walked over with her purse at the party that her friends got her the fact that Luann told Ramona to go away at HER birthday party because she and leah and Dorinda were having a talk .... Bitch its HER party you wanna tell someone to go away it should be you.. That to me was just like you do know its her party right? the balls... And Leah your vagina was blurred out by Bravo so yea your vagina was out... but you are the only one screaming about it over and over and over.... shes like a toddler... and you dressed provocatively at someones birthday party after they asked you not to and its them that is the bad guy for having the problem? and its been 7 years  to get your bipolar under control and you didn't drink in that time ... do you not see the correlation from reintroducing alcohol and her bipolar manicness she does? that's just asking for trouble because you don't just have A cocktail you have so many you get belligerent

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Useful 1
  • Love 18

I think the girls came to the spa day at Lu’s request to give it a batter chance to be filmed.  Lu’s really has nothing else going in and she needs her camera time. 

and WTF Sonja?  What is on?  That’s not being drunk. It’s disgusting. 

• Love 3
40 minutes ago, QQQQ said:

Leah reminds me of CeCe from Beaches - must be the center of attention and it's exhausting to be around. 

Except CeCe was the wonderful Bette Midler.  And, you Leah, are no Bette Midler!

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, chewycandy said:

That’s precisely what Ramona and her friend(s) were doing...gossiping about someone’s mental issues. I think it’s between Leah and her doctors whether she chooses to be on meds or not. 

It's not between her and her doctor the way she behaves when drinking. It effects others. She has a problem with drinking.

• Love 17
(edited)

It wasn't like Leah was hiding the fact she is Bipolar this wasn't some unknown thing or a secret Apparently she talked about it online   ... bringing up that she has a mental disorder and the fact that drinking with that disorder isnt a great mix was just stating the obvious ... she wasn't talking down about Leah being Bipolar she was saying MAYBE she shouldn't be mixing booze back into her life because it does have a negative effect on it ..... Which is a true statement ....Alcohol DOES effect your brain .... it is a depressant adding in that depressant with being Bipolar when you are medicated or not IS NOT a good idea ....My Mother is Bipolar I have dealt with her from being undiagnosed when I was younger till her diagnosis later in life and can tell when she is NOT taking her medication or when she is manic even over the phone .... Alcohol is NOT a good Idea with someone that has Bipolar or depression or a myriad of other mental disorders its not making fun of them or gossiping for stating that ... If she was just drinking away from these ladies NO it wouldn't be Ramona's place to say anything but shes not she is drinking to excess around these woman and because of that it now involves them....

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Useful 2
  • Love 21
(edited)
14 hours ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

Dorinda, who literally couldn't be in the same room with Tinsley without screaming at her at the top of her lungs for merely existing, thinks Ramona was "too hard" on Leah. Dorinda is the least self-aware individual I have ever had the displeasure of watching. 

Dorinda is an absolute monster to TInsley because Tinsley appears happy and secure, and it EATS Dorinda UP. Leah is kinda pitiful and has nothing Dorinda wants.

Similarly, Ramona gives Sonja got a pass at the party because she's broke and sloppy. Leah is younger and beautiful. (ETA: so was Tinsley, but Ramona "I look younger than yoooooou!" didn't see it that way.) Sonja could have stripped down to nothing in front of those 50 closest friends and Ramona would've laughed it off as long as Sonja looked bad doing it. BTW, it is disgusting that Sonja subjected the staff to that. They really see the hired help as beneath them. She wouldn't roll around the bed drunk and naked for a celebrity stylist...this lady clearly didn't matter.  

Edited by RedInk
  • Love 16
12 hours ago, pieinmyeye said:

I want to know why Ramona didn’t get equally as mad with the other three. Friends or not, they all misbehaved badly.

I think it's because she's had a long term relationship with Dorinda and Sonja.  She doesn't with Leah.  It may not be fair, but I think that's pretty normal.  

• Love 11
(edited)
32 minutes ago, Jextella said:

I think with Sonja, the issue is different.  Leah acts like a child and Ramona responds as if she is a child.  Ramona is trying to help Leah grow up.

Sonja is an adult who is is suffering significant losses in her life. Ramona is trying to be a sympathetic friend to Sonja.

Both Leah and Sonja behave in outlandish ways but for different reasons.  Ramona responds accordingly.

I agree that both Ramona and Sonja are elitist and if the rumors are true, they aren't that nice to the "help".  I don't think I'd like either one of them in real life, but their elitism is a whole 'nuther issue.  I actually support Ramona in her response to both Leah and Sonja.

Leah is also an adult. I am sure she has suffered losses in her life. We all have. Sonia wasn't Betty Broderick, first wife discarded. She was a second or third wife of an older man. She wasn't some naive child. And she thinks being an ex Morgan is ordained by God. IMO thats why Ramona still deals with Sonia. The traces of that ex Morgan arrogance still opens doors for Sonia and Ramona, a user, goes right in. It sucks that Sonia had to get a divorce whatever the issues were, but she was left very well off which she squandered with her fraud choices. She has been on this show for years making a decent living being a mess. My empathy ended seasons ago for her and Dorinda.

Thats the issue. All these women are acting like they are so above Leah's behavior. They just are THIS season so FAR. Well not Sonia, she has behaved WORSE than Leah. 

Edited by lamujerdecente
  • Like 1
  • Love 17