Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E16: Not Very Merry-achi

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, ichbin said:

If she did indeed hear it from friends who read it in Leah's blog, it would seem that Leah has already outed herself.

But she may not have shared that information with any of the ladies yet. While it may have been put out there on the internet by Leah herself, Ramona is using it as an excuse. It’s gross. 

• Love 13
1 minute ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

The very last person who should be criticizing Ramona is Dorinda. Leah may have a reason to be upset about Ramona talking about her bipolar disorder - though her complete unwillingness to take any responsibility whatsoever for her truly atrocious behavior means she doesn't have the moral high ground - but Dorinda acting as if Ramona's behavior is even a fraction as bad she has been to the others is RIDICULOUS. 

i would love to give this 100 hearts

• Love 10
3 minutes ago, ichbin said:

If she did indeed hear it from friends who read it in Leah's blog, it would seem that Leah has already outed herself.

It doesn't seem like Leah's hiding the fact that she has a bipolar disorder. That being said, I don't think it is really Ramona's place to talk about it - it should be up to Leah to tell them about it on camera, if she wants to.

That being said, Leah's behavior has been bad and Ramona has a right to be upset by it because Leah went off the rails at two events. Leah isn't impressing me with her inability to take responsibility for atrocious behavior. 

• Love 19
1 minute ago, Steph J said:

She relates to having unprovoked rage?

I think Dorinda sees a lot of herself in Leah, but instead of seeing any of it as problematic, she sees those qualities as admirable because they're "real."

This is the classic thing that narcissists do - they get really attached to someone, hold them up in this high esteem because they think that person somehow reflects positively on them. Then at some point, the person does something that upsets the narcissist, and suddenly, that person gets kicked to the curb. Once again, Dorinda is displaying the classic narcissists pattern. 

• Useful 6
  • Love 11

Leah :  “me and Ramona”.  Ackkkkkkkkkkkk!!!

Ramona:  “my 50 closest friends” 😂😂😂😂

Dorinda:  annoying, annoying, stirring the shit

I missed the first 25 minutes. 😁

• LOL 7
  • Love 5
7 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

How is Ramona gossiping about Leah being bipolar??  Leah wrote about it in a blog for public consumption. And if she’s not on meds well....she probably should be. 

That’s precisely what Ramona and her friend(s) were doing...gossiping about someone’s mental issues. I think it’s between Leah and her doctors whether she chooses to be on meds or not. 

• Love 10

I can’t believe Ramona got her party at least partially comped, and still collected $100 off each guest for a gift.  I don’t know if the words “tacky” or “gauche” cover that.  

Leah has such a persecution complex.  She’s trying to throw Sonja under the bus as a reason why she shouldn’t be “in trouble” with Ramona “for dancing.”  As if only one person can be wrong at once.  Dorinda is just feeding into the complex by telling Leah that she has youth on her side.  I’m close to Leah in age, and “youthful” is not a word I’d use to describe myself or Leah.  Dorinda is just seeing things through her jealous lens.  Just because Dorinda was jealous of Tinsley’s “youth” doesn’t mean Ramona feels that way about Leah.  

I think Occam’s Razor would say that Ramona was willing to sit down and talk to Sonja because Ramona has decades of history with Sonja.  Sonja’s entire history with Ramona isn’t bogged down solely with drunken shenanigans.  If Ramona’s relationship with Sonja began with Sonja throwing tiki torches across Ramona’s lawn, maybe she’d get different treatment too.

Maybe Leah bounced from the salon so quickly because the convict thing hit a little too close to home.  

Maybe it was just the lighting of the store, or the display, but some of Sonja’s collection looked cute.  It reminded me of that line the Kardashians had in Sears awhile back.  

Dorinda sober is...nice.  I have to assume she was somewhat sober at Century21 and even when she first got to Cancun—she was acting like a good person, laughing and supporting Sonja and Ramona.  But when that voice starts to slur, and those arms go a flyin’, head for open waters.  

The property in Mexico is probably overall the nicest one they’ve been to IMO.  The place at which they stayed in Turks & Caicos looked like a fortress from the outside, and the place in St John was a bit too cold to me.  This was just drop dead.  

Luann flirting with the staff.  The more things change, the more they stay the same.  I’m just glad we are spared from hearing about Luann’s fracking “sobriety” this year.  

Leah can’t think of a more vulgar term than “chubby pussy”?  How about “desperate for dick” you pathetic wannabe?  On one hand, Ramona is old and out of touch, and on the other, she is so in her feelings that she’s being Ignored by Ramona.  As Heather DuBrow once said, “pick a lane.”  Bitch.  

• Love 22

If we took a shot every time Leah said ‘vagina’ this episode we’d all be as drunk as Sonja right now. 
And again STFU Dorinda, In regards to criticizing Sonja, how many drunken debacles has she caused, Sonja is at least a somewhat funny drunk whereas Dorinda is a mean, nasty drunk. 

• Love 18
Just now, escape said:

Ramona didn't "out" anyone - she never even mentioned it on camera.   Leah has talked openly about being bi polar.  It's even on her website.  She has been drunk out of mind at all of Ramona's events.  She sold out 9 years of sobriety just to be on a TV show.  Her own mother won't even have anything to do with her. 

Huh? Ramona told Sonja this on camera. And by outing, I mean talking about someone’s personal issues before that person has brought it out of their own volition. I don’t remember Leah mentioning being bipolar to the others this season. 

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, LibertarianSlut said:

Dorinda is just seeing things through her jealous lens.  Just because Dorinda was jealous of Tinsley’s “youth” doesn’t mean Ramona feels that way about Leah.  

But I think she does. Ramona can barely keep that seething anger contained. She has become very bitter over her lack of life partner. 

• Love 14
52 minutes ago, Straycat80 said:

Ugh, look at Dorinda taking the attention away from the Fortune Society ladies. And Leah starting to fight with Ramona. What selfish bitches. 

Sonja scarfing down the food, then discarding it (for the cameras, anyway)!  Horrible!

• Love 12

I used to have a dear friend who always had to the center of attention. She’d get it one way or another. Sitting in the lap of her husband’s friend, disrobing at a party, dancing on the bar at an office party, etc. It was shocking, yet expected. That’s who she was. I suspect it was due to childhood trauma. Makes me wonder about Leah. And Sonya to a certain extent. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 14

Sure, Sonja.  Your schmattas filled the entire store.  

Did the chefs hit up Sam's Club first?  I buy the Kale salad there all the time.  

Interesting that Elyse was not included, not even mentioned.  If it is true that she was supposed to have been a "housewife" when they began filming this season I guess whatever soured that happened before the Mexico trip.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

I just want to point out that Leah’s dress had a sewn-in body suit so it’s pretty unlikely she was flashing her vagina. I personally didn’t find her dancing offensive and apparently neither did the other girls who joined right in. She gets drunk and goes off the rails but Ramona’s birthday party didn’t bother me at all. Ramona has also completely ignored her up until that point so maybe getting a little provocative was her way to get Ramona’s attention.

• Love 9
4 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Sonja scarfing down the food, then discarding it (for the cameras, anyway)!  Horrible!

Did I see her pop something in her mouth that she picked up out of the sheets?

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
(edited)
6 minutes ago, esco1822 said:

I just want to point out that Leah’s dress had a sewn-in body suit so it’s pretty unlikely she was flashing her vagina. I personally didn’t find her dancing offensive and apparently neither did the other girls who joined right in. 

I was beginning to feel completely alone, lol. Leah has a lot of fans off of these boards and Brad Goreski just said on WWHL he thinks Leah has been a great addition. Ramona is going the way of Vicki from OC, and if she keeps up the shaming and the OG diva behavior her apple might be in danger, I feel. 

Edited by chewycandy
  • Love 10
21 minutes ago, chewycandy said:

hat’s precisely what Ramona and her friend(s) were doing...gossiping about someone’s mental issues. I think it’s between Leah and her doctors whether she chooses to be on meds or not. 

I 100% agree with you that it’s between her and her doctors.  I also know people who are bipolar and they must take meds to regulate themselves, and every now and then those meds need to be changed because they stop working. Maybe Leah feels she is perfectly fine without meds and that’s great for her. Either way, I just find her exhausting and a try hard. 

• Love 3

I'm wondering if LuAnn actually helped foot the bill for those women at the salon/spa.  They kept thanking  her over and over again, but after seeing LuAnn at the fashion show where she sat down and asked one of the stylists to fix her hair (for free,)  I have no doubt that she gladly let someone else foot the bill for this charitable event.  Kadooz to her for organizing it though.  I'll eat my words if she actually ponied up some money for it.  Most importantly though, those ladies did seem to enjoy their day, and that's all that matters.

• Love 10
5 minutes ago, ChitChat said:

I didn't see anything wrong with Ramona relaying the info about Leah being bi-polar to Sonja.  She wasn't saying it in a hateful or judgmental way.  She was merely pointing out that Leah shouldn't mix her meds with alcohol.  I didn't find that conversation offensive at all.  

Everything Ramona does is done in a judgmental way. She made judgements that Leah mixing alcohol and being bipolar was the reason for her bad behavior. Per Leah, she’s not on medication so her behavior was Leah being Leah, and Ramona constantly judges Leah. Unless Ramona became a psychiatrist and is has read Leah’s medical charts, she should be keeping her mouth shut about her mental health treatment.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
2 minutes ago, esco1822 said:

Everything Ramona does is done in a judgmental way. She made judgements that Leah mixing alcohol and being bipolar was the reason for her bad behavior. Per Leah, she’s not on medication so her behavior was Leah being Leah, and Ramona constantly judges Leah. Unless Ramona became a psychiatrist and is has read Leah’s medical charts, she should be keeping her mouth shut about her mental health treatment.

Drinking alcohol can increase the severity of your symptoms. Alcohol and bipolar have an interesting relationship. As noted above, the impulsivity and risk-taking of bipolar can lead to alcoholism. However, a reverse relationship is also present – alcoholism can increase the severity of bipolar symptoms. Individuals with bipolar who drink alcohol have been found to be more violent, more impulsive, and more likely to engage in other types of substance abuse. In addition, they present with more manic symptoms than individuals with bipolar who do not drink alcohol.[ii] For this reason, drinking alcohol, even responsibly, is a big risk.

https://www.clearviewtreatment.com/blog/can-drink-alcohol-bipolar-disorder/

• Useful 11
  • LOL 1
  • Love 12
(edited)

So over Leah since last week. 

I love Luann's blue dress.  She looks great.

Something about Ramona that drives me nuts is that every trip when Sonja is blackout drunk, Ramona acts like it's not happening and that Sonja should just participate in everything anyway.  Sonja should definitely go to sleep.

Sonja's fucking a New York Ranger????? LOL I want the goss!

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 7
3 minutes ago, tranquilidade said:

How odd.  I thought bipolar disorder required lifetime meds.  I never heard of someone getting over it.

I’m not a psychiatrist so I can’t really say but I do know that bipolar 1 is different from bipolar 2 so maybe treatment and prognosis is as well. My sister is bipolar 2 and it’s very easy to tell when she is not on her meds. I can’t say the same for Leah but I don’t know her or her behavior patterns well enough.

• Useful 4
  • Love 4
5 minutes ago, esco1822 said:

She made judgements that Leah mixing alcohol and being bipolar was the reason for her bad behavior. Per Leah, she’s not on medication so her behavior was Leah being Leah, and Ramona constantly judges Leah.

I would've assumed the same thing.  If that's Leah just being Leah, well damn, I wouldn't want to be around her either when she's drinking. 

• Love 17

Ramona is trash for casting aspersions on Leah's mental health. This is the 21st fucking century and mental illness shouldn't be stigmatized over any other somatic disorder.

How has Sonja not been sued already for rebranding AliExpress goods and selling them second hand at Century 21?   

• Love 10