Type keyword(s) to search

R&B Divas: Los Angeles - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Absolutqt: I thought they were talking about someone nominated this year, even though there have been those scratch your head moments for year, I even thought it might have been Alicia Keys because nobody I talked to even knew she had music out in 2013. This is not being shady towards AK, as I am a fan, but too often, the Emmys and the Grammys in particular get in the habit of nominating the same people and shows over and over again regardless of the merits of what is being put out.

I call bullshit on all of the ladies feeling some kind of way just because Chante wants a lead part just like they had.  Why should she be slighted like that?  On her song, she said whoever doesn't want to do it didn't have to do it.  Plus, I heard her say in an interview that the other ladies were able to add more to her song than just background in the end.  Lil Mo is getting on my last nerve.  She's looking uglier and uglier to me with each episode.  She's determined to turn all of the other ladies against Chante just because she has such jealousy of her.  And that's what I think it is with her...JEALOUSY!   

And Chrisette...STFU!!!  Chante was just trying to defend Michel'le (who is also getting on my last nerve).  If anyone is a mother hen it's you with your wings!  

Is it just me or does Michel'le boarder on singing off key just a little bit?  I noticed it first when she did her concert some episodes ago but I chalked it up to the way the editors make their singing sound like background noise and only play snipits of them singing.  Today though, she just sounded off key...period! 

Edited by swankie

I didn't see how Chante wanting a lead part like every other member of the group was her "wanting to make thewhole song about her" like Lil Mo and Leela said. They were mad when they were asked to do backgrounds, but somehow Chante can't feel like they did? I'm not sure why they're giving Chante the Kelly Price/Dawn/Nicci Gilbert treatment, but it is so unnecessary.

• Love 1

It just shows how much class Chante has when Chrisette was practicing the part she was going to sing, Chante's talking head had all good things to say about her.  But all of the other ladies seem to have bad things to say about Chante when she does her parts.  It really just shows, to me anyway, that they realize that Chante has way more talent than they do and they are just jealous!  They know her voice trumps all of theirs hands down and she is always supportive of them. It just pisses me off that they are dogging her this season. 

Yeah, the difference between asking people to do background vocals on your own song (which isn't what she did; we saw that she asked them to do more than that) and being relegated to background vocals on a group song where everyone else has a featured part is obvious.  And how is she supposed to be a part of the performance of this song at Carnival singing backgrounds only?  She didn't make a big deal, she didn't keep harping on it, she just made her position known, Warryn considered it, adjusted it and everything kept moving. 

Michel'le's voice has sounded off to my ears from the beginning (of this season; I don't think they did much singing last season for me to compare).  It's not something I'd seek out to hear.  She also has some janky (to use her word) management -- first MLK day concert and now this?  That promoter knew he was a sketch ball for putting people's images on the flyer that were not performing.  Why not just put Beyonce on there too, while he was at it?  Since those pictures didn't actually imply anything because he put that Michel'le was the only one singing.  In 8 point size.  At the bottom.

• Love 1

I call bullshit on all of the ladies feeling some kind of way just because Chante wants a lead part just like they had.  Why should she be slighted like that?  On her song, she said whoever doesn't want to do it didn't have to do it.  Plus, I heard her say in an interview that the other ladies were able to add more to her song than just background in the end.  Lil Mo is getting on my last nerve.  She's looking uglier and uglier to me with each episode.  She's determined to turn all of the other ladies against Chante just because she has such jealousy of her.  And that's what I think it is with her...JEALOUSY!   

And Chrisette...STFU!!!  Chante was just trying to defend Michel'le (who is also getting on my last nerve).  If anyone is a mother hen it's you with your wings!  

I don't think Chrisette was being critical of Chante for standing up for Michel'le.  Chrisette seems to respect Chante's strong personality, one that she herself does not have.

Lil' Mo and Leela are the negative Nancys of the group.  Mo's jealously is completely out of hand.  I realize that she has a lot going on personally and is feeling some kind of way, but her need to constantly have Chante as her release target is old and annoying.  Why would Chante not want to have a specific part on the song?  It's like some of them don't realize that the music business is only partially about singing.  You gots to hustle.

I call bullshit on all of the ladies feeling some kind of way just because Chante wants a lead part just like they had. Why should she be slighted like that? On her song, she said whoever doesn't want to do it didn't have to do it. Plus, I heard her say in an interview that the other ladies were able to add more to her song than just background in the end. Lil Mo is getting on my last nerve. She's looking uglier and uglier to me with each episode. She's determined to turn all of the other ladies against Chante just because she has such jealousy of her. And that's what I think it is with her...JEALOUSY!

Amen to this. I was coming to post that this season, Mo is reminding me of Khandi Burress of RHoA. I remember when I used to watch the show, Khandi was the undercover shit-stirrer IMO. She would pick her target for the season and would go to each of the other ladies dropping her little beads of poison like a bumblebee flitting from flower to flower. She never misses a chance to take a potshot, or give an eyeroll that is clearly directed at Chante, who is being nothing but civil and supportive of her and the other ladies. Her anger that Chante didn't tweet when she dropped a single, so she went and took pictures with and shouted out her ex shows so much of who she is, especially because of her personal life. I bet if the shoe were on the other foot and Chante did that with her ex, Mo would never stop going on about it. This show afforded me the opportunity to really hear Mo's voice and wonder why she is not a bigger star, but seeing her personality, I wonder if she pissed off too many people who could have helped her along the way. It's sad because I still basically like her, but I think she needs to check her issues with Chante at the door because Mo is definitely looking the worse of the two in this thing.

I think Michel'le needs to get rid of her entire management team. Talk about ratchet, if she wants to be more than a neighborhood club singer, she needs to get management who do not possess a hood mentality.

I know most can't stand Chrissette, but I didn't see what she said as an insult to Chante. In fact, I thought it was a compliment. She has stated she avoids confrontations and here was Chante standing up for all the ladies and not taking any mess from those two guys. Chrisette's mother hen comment sounded like respect, not a put-down.

Edited by Happytobehere
  • Love 1

My estimation of Warryn Campbell went up a little.  Maybe he is much more easier to like when he is not around Mary Mary!  I loved the face he made when Chante did her signature dog whistle.  He and the other producer cracked me up when they asked Chante not to do that in the next take!  "Ixnay on the istleway." 

Chante's asking for a lead wasn't as unreasonable as Mo tried to make it look.  Wasn't there supposed to be 2 Puerto Rico songs?  They could just put 3 Divas on each song and call it a day.  That's not to say that Warryn won't chop the song up anyway.  It did sound good, though.

I know most can't stand Chrissette, but I didn't see what she said as an insult to Chante. In fact, I thought it was a compliment. She has stated she avoids confrontations and here was Chante standing up for all the ladies and not taking any mess from those two guys. Chrisette's mother hen comment sounded like respect, not a put-down.

I don't think Chrisette was being critical of Chante for standing up for Michel'le.  Chrisette seems to respect Chante's strong personality, one that she herself does not have.

Okay, maybe I just read her wrong.  I always thought of the term "old mother hen" as an insult, like a busybody or someone who sticks their nose in where it's not wanted.  Maybe Chrisette didn't mean it as an insult.  I acquiesce!  ;-)

Edited by swankie

Question: the theme song this year is obviously Lil' Mo and Chante, right?  Just those two.  Why do the credits at the end only say that Lil' Mo is performing that song?

Kia112, I read that Lil Mo actually wrote and produced the song so maybe they're just listing her for that.  Here is the full version: http://singersroom.com/content/2013-09-15/Lil-Mo-Im-A-Diva/

It's funny because if the other ladies are on that song it sounds like they are singing background. Hmmmm...

Edited by swankie
  • Love 1

The credits list her as writing the song (using her government name, along with her ex-husband, I think, and maybe one other person), but then it also says Performed by Lil' Mo.  But that's Chante singing "The ups the downs" blah blah blah right?

ETA: I just listened to the full version and that's not the same version that's used for the show.  That's definitely two different voices on the one they play for the show.

Edited by kia112

So it seems Leela James is channeling Milly Jackson as far as her voice goes.  Man she goes hard! 

I have to say, I can truly relate to Chante and the pain she was feeling in her neck.  I was recently in a car accident where I was rear ended by a pickup truck driven by a distracted driver who didn't even brake before she hit me.  Even though my car suffered minimum damage, (I drive a SUV), my neck the next day was a constant blooming pile of pain that just wouldn't go away no matter what I tried to do.  I cried all night and most of the next day.  It wasn't until I got the good pain meds from my doctor that I was able to stand being awake.  To make a long story short, I went through 3 months of the worst pain I've ever experienced, and I've given birth before.  Neck pain is no joke. 

What was it about Chante's performance that was supposedly so strange to the other ladies?  She was just interacting with the audience.  I've seen numerous performers do the same thing, it's not anything new.  It wasn't even that risqué.  All this talk about Chante being grown folk and not wanting to get in grown folk's business.  Really Chrisette?!  And Michel'le.  If anyone seems like they're on meds most of the time it's you.  I just hate how Chante is getting the crap edit this season.  She just seems so upbeat and fun all the time to me.  This sucks! 

Edited by swankie
  • Love 1

I could not understand why the promoter couldn't just fess up and say he added the rest of the divas to the promo cards because he wanted to profit off of their image. The other ladies knew what he was doing and all he had to do was apologize. SMH. I feel like Michel'le deals with some really janky professionals.

• Love 1

It’s time for the Divas to head to Puerto Rico!  The ladies arrive minus Chanté who is delayed because of her custody hearing regarding her son.  When Chanté does arrive she brings down the mood with talk of her custody battle, which pisses off Leela, who just wants to have fun.  Claudette is worried that the Divas catty behavior is going to reflect badly on her and her family since the divas are in her home country.  When Claudette invites the ladies to meet her family things get tense again when the divas get fed up with Chanté.  It only gets worse for everybody during rehearsal when everything goes wrong.  It seems like the Carnaval performance is headed for disaster.

• Love 1

I am getting more and more fed up with the way these women are coming down on Chante over the most miniscule crap!  So Leela!  Who died and made you the conversation police?  If you don't want to hear someone's conversation, politely excuse yourself and walk away.  How rude to ask someone about their experience, and when they try to tell it, you cut them off and try to control how they tell their story.  And then you proceed to criticize her for sharing her experience with you.  That was just some bitchass shit! 

And why is it such a problem when Chante can't be at the practice (because she's fighting for custody of her child!), but hardly anything is said about Michel'le missing them?  You would think the women with children would be more sympathetic to what she's going through, expecially Lil Mo.  Didn't she have a problem with her ex trying to keep her from moving away with her kids last season?  Oh, and it's okay if Lil Mo can't remember her part of the song, but you best believe if it had been Chante forgetting her part, all the other divas would be talking (behind her back as always) about how she's disrupting their practice, etc...  Oh, and Chrisette thinks its rude of Chante because she said she would also be wearing high heeled shoes!  Come on!!!  Petty much?!  Everyone always has a problem when Chante tries to give some input into the routine, which by the way, looked a hot assed mess to begin with.  Of course Lil Mo wants to make it the Lil Mo Show.  I'm getting more and more annoyed with her this season.  I'm just tired of this season as a whole since they're turning it into the "Let's hate on Chante Show".  :-(

• Love 8

The production needs to go somewhere with the "Chante is the Villain" edit because it's not working for this viewer.  Chante clearly wants to have a friendly working relationship with these ladies, but doesn't want to necessarily be fraaaaands.  She said as much, like, 3 episodes in, but then you have Chrisette talking about, "I don't think we were ever really friends."  ...no, no you weren't.  As far as Chante trying to change the choreography, someone should have just said, "We're not comfortable enough with the choreography to change it, so we just need to leave it as it was taught to us."  Not a big deal.  But we go from Chrisette saying that she doesn't know if she can walk in her heels and Chante saying she'll also have the same heels on, to "That was mean" to "I asked her to not take such big steps because I was going to have on such tall heels and instead of being my best friend about it, she said 'Me too.'"  And when Chante noted that Chrisette didn't seem like she wanted to do it like Chante suggested, it was all, "Oh, it's up to you."  But she gets a thimble full of delicious penis in her and all of the sudden she's gonna step to somebody?

And that dinner was straight up tacky.  Chante didn't participate in their made up song, but she wasn't mean mugging anyone.  But when Claudette's mom specifically asks Chante to sing, Lil' Mo and Chrisette start openly mocking her?

Lil' Mo never seems to want to engage in confrontation in order to resolve an issue, she just wants to argue.  I was glad when Chante basically laughed in her face when Mo was huffing and puffing and said, "You are not going to hit me."  Because she wasn't.

• Love 7

It's always amazing and sad to see grown women turn into middle school mean girls.  Mo was complaining about Chante being late for the trip, then when Claudette pointed out that she would be even madder if Chante skipped it all together, she agreed.  Huh?  Outside of a professional work relationship, Chante doesn't owe any of you a thing.

I noticed when they were complaining about texting her support, they said that she didn't text them back and say that she had won. If they said that she had not texted them back and thanked them for their support, then they would have a point, but that she didn't text she had won?  Maybe she wanted to say it in person!  But that wasn't good enough either.

Mo was throwing Mi'Shelle a little shade for leaving the rehearsal, but they probably think she's too fragile for the mean girls routine.

Speaking of which, how is Mo talking and she doesn't know the words to her rap?  And what the hell is that thing on her head?  And why is she soooooo jealous?  Y'all mad because Claudette's mother asked Chante to sing?  Really?

(I love you Claudette)

• Love 6

Chrisette is mad Chante, a woman she met maybe two months prior, hasn't confided in her about a painful custody battle? Is Chrisette for real? I was such a huge fan before the show and now, I'm starting the believe the rumors that she has a shitty attitude behind the scenes. Also, there was nothing wrong with Chante suggesting a slight change in the choreography. She wasn't rude to anyone - she made a suggestion and looked perfectly fine when the group said they didn't want to change anything.

Since Kelly is gone, the show needed a villain and due to group think and pettiness, Chante became that villain. Ugh. Based on some of the tweets I've seen though, most people who watch the show are on Team Chante.

Edited by trimthatfat
  • Love 4
That was just some bitchass shit!

Yeah, this is pretty much my reaction to this entire episode.  Chrisette and Mo sounded like fools getting all het up over Chante saying "me too" and sitting at the table smiling instead of joining in their song.

In other news, though, Claudette is cool as hell, and I'm so glad she's coming out of her shell more this season.  She's clearly dropped her black clouds and is moving on, so good for her.  I loved her mom also.

• Love 1

I agree with all the other posters and their posts. It is clear that Chante is being painted as the villain, but all I see is the true nasty that lies within Lil' Mo, Leelah and Chrisette. It's a shame because this season could have been amazing if the Mean Girls, spearheaded by team captain Lil' Mo had not decided to target Chante. Realizing the continued custody issues, I understand why she reacted to Mo taking pictures with Kenny the way she did.

As for Chrisette, whom I have defended until, this point. Not only do you barely know Chante, so where this imagined closeness came from is beyond me, but you have been present for a great deal of the attacks on her. With the possible exception of Claudette, who remains a class act, none of you ladies have been exactly nice to Ms. Moore. So guess what Chrisette, in order to have a real friend, you have to be a real friend, and judging by the quickness with which you joined the anti-Chante dog-pile, you were never her friend. So the next time you call fake friend, check the mirror boo because you will see the epitome of a fake friend. And while your checking, ask yourself why Chante shared what she did with you. Could it be because feeling the shade of the others (sans Claudette, and sometimes Michel'le), she thought that her best chance to get a favorable telling and some understanding would come from you? Too bad you just proved her point that you all aren't really friends.

• Love 4

In other news, though, Claudette is cool as hell, and I'm so glad she's coming out of her shell more this season.  She's clearly dropped her black clouds and is moving on, so good for her.  I loved her mom also.

Love Claudette. I read an interview she did recently where she said she felt she's achieved what she wanted with the show and that she will likely not return for another season. That made me sad because I just like how chill she is (and how happy she is now), but if she doesn't see any reason to stay, I don't blame her for leaving.

Love Claudette. I read an interview she did recently where she said she felt she's achieved what she wanted with the show and that she will likely not return for another season.

I will hate to see Claudette leave also.  She seems like a truly nice person who you can tell is just not comfortable with any kind of group discord.  I wonder if this gang up on Chante (which I believe is producer driven) is one of the reasons she wants to quit.  I bet she takes her friendships very seriously and will be loyal to the end.

I think Claudette is too real.  She knows good and damn well Chante didn't do anything bad to them, so I bet watching them act like that disturbs her.  That shit Mo and Chrisette pulled at Claudette's mom's house was so rude and disrespectful.  

Chante didn't pull no faces when they sang, she just didn't sing along.  I don't recall Claudette OR Leela singing either but somehow with Chante it's a problem.

• Love 1

Love Claudette. I read an interview she did recently where she said she felt she's achieved what she wanted with the show and that she will likely not return for another season. That made me sad because I just like how chill she is (and how happy she is now), but if she doesn't see any reason to stay, I don't blame her for leaving.

Aw man, I'll be sad too if she doesn't come back. But yeah, if she got what she needed from the show then more power to her.

I think Claudette is too real.  She knows good and damn well Chante didn't do anything bad to them, so I bet watching them act like that disturbs her.  That shit Mo and Chrisette pulled at Claudette's mom's house was so rude and disrespectful.  

Chante didn't pull no faces when they sang, she just didn't sing along.  I don't recall Claudette OR Leela singing either but somehow with Chante it's a problem.

Exactly. No one is always "on." But once that kind of stuff starts, you can't win for trying.  Had she joined in, they would've been talking smack about her always taking over, or hogging the spotlight, or some other foolishness.  Just like Claudette said when they were criticizing Chante for trying to squeeze in the Puerto Rico performance after her custody hearing. If she hadn't have come at all, she never would've heard the end of it. Haters ain't got no sense.

• Love 2

As a casual watcher of this show (my uncle is the real fan, wink wink), I was completely thrown off by the Chante pile-on.  It seemed really random, and I'm in agreement with everyone here in that it's likely producer-driven.  I hope Chrisette didn't dislocate her arm from all the reaching she did.

Claudette is a doll, a real sweetie.  She reminded me of me and my mom with the whole "leadership" pep talk, she's very humble and NEEDS to assert herself a bit more.  Crazy that this whole Puerto Rico project was her idea, but she hasn't been in the forefront--I'm still annoyed that she didn't get a proper "part" in the Warryn Campbell song except for some murmurings en espanol.

Those ladies were being all the way shady; they shaded Chante, but when Claudette was singing the Lord's Prayer, they weren't behaving then, either.  So rude.

Um, Leela?  Is there another euphemism you can use other than "bullswanky", please?  Thanks.  Her hollering "bullswanky, bullswankaaaaaaaaaaay!!" almost destroyed that whole zipline scene for me.

• Love 1

Um, Leela?  Is there another euphemism you can use other than "bullswanky", please?  Thanks.  Her hollering "bullswanky, bullswankaaaaaaaaaaay!!" almost destroyed that whole zipline scene for me.

I agree Ceruleana.  I particularly didn't appreciate it for obvious reasons!  lol

A sound Check disaster occurs, and Chante's attitude prompts Lil' Mo and Chrisette to abandon her.  Chante then tries to stir the pot by informing Claudette about the other's behavior.  Later, after the performance, additional conflicts erupt at dinner.

Sigh. I'm debating on if I'll watch this episode. I hate to watch Divas behaving badly!

That's an interesting description. So "Chante's attitude" forces people to be unprofessional, then Chante "Stirs the pot" when telling Claudette what happened?  I'm gonna go head and preemptively say that's a big ball of bullshit.

Of course it is! This is producer driven bullswanky!  We need to send tweets to the producers that this show really doesn't need "drama" to be watchable.

• Love 2

I watched all the episodes this past weekend.

I agree that the drama is silly.  For me this is a very interesting take on the music business.  It's interesting to see singers (who can really SING), who aren't selling out major arenas and don't appear to live in multi-million dollar estates.  

I'm old enough to remember what the music business was like before MTV, when you heard a song on the radio and bought it BEFORE you found out what the singer looked like.  MTV changed a lot, people saw what singers looked like, and because the liked what they saw, they bought their records; people like Madonna were launched by MTV and I feel other singers were ruined by it, because they didn't have "the right look" and because MTV didn't play videos by black artists until CBS was like, "We'll pull ALL our videos off your channel unless you show Michael Jackson's videos."

I couldn't help but wonder who Leela James was talking about when she was giving that interview, singers who can't even sing.  It must kill her, a woman who actually can sing, to see people like Rihanna, who can barely carry a tune, making big bucks because she has a nice body.  Today all of these corporations are merging, so a record company might have a share in a make up or hair care company and if you don't have the right look, you don't get to do endorsements; I think that's where so many entertainers make the big money, in endorsements.

• Love 2

Who do these chicks really think they are?  Why do they think they are allowed to yell and talk over people, but when someone does the same to them, its a problem?  Chrisette, you ain't all that.  Not at all.

Mo and Chrisette know damn well what Chante meant when she said that if it weren't for the show, they wouldn't be allowed in her presence. I can't stand when people play their role and the other person responds, they want to act like its confusing.

And naw, you don't know Claudette like that.

• Love 3

That was a hot mess.

Chrisette talking about forests and rebirth, hoping to encourage conversation.  I'm with Chante: If you want to talk about something, then talk about it.  Obviously, Chante was not in a place to hear anything from them, so if I was Chrisette and I got that response from her, I would have dropped it before it turned into what it turned into.  Isn't it common knowledge that you don't enter into confrontations like that talking about how wrong the other person is, but instead, you make "I" statements?  You can't come at someone like, "You this, you that" and expect to get anywhere.  I just think that Mo and Chrisette were bad energy for each other.  I love Chante, but if you were going to call her out on an outfit, it should have been that backless/plunging V-neck dress she wore in a church to shoot a video for a gospel song, not for rocking a bikini top and shorts in hot ass Puerto Rico for a hike to a waterfall.  And then, she can't really say anything either because in those "sanging" interludes between scenes, Mo is wearing a dress that has the boobies all out.  Come.  On.  Chrisette got real ugly when she was talking about, "You wouldn't be anywhere near me if it wasn't for this show."  Were they really that caught up in their feelings that they couldn't contexualize what Chante was saying?

That dinner was actually hilarious to me.  Chrisette just knew that everyone was going to gang up on Chante, but when someone dared to speak against her?  She just walked out.  My roommate came into the room during this part (she watched last season of R&B Divas LA, but nothing this season) and she was like, "Why is Lil' Mo acting like that?  Why does she keep getting up like she's going to do something?  What is wrong with her?"  Exactly.  Chrisette and Mo trying to dominate Claudette made me mad.  Claudette is the most even keeled there and when she saw that she upset Chrisette, she apologized and was clearly sincere about not trying to throw shade, but they just couldn't let it go.  Good riddance to Chrisette.  Leelah was the only one making sense.  Michel'le also needed to shut up.

• Love 1

Number one, Chrisette is very immature and also sees herself as being above all of the others.  The way she said, "Me...and these FIVE divas..."  shows me that she considers herself apart and above the other ladies.  The way she tried to initiate that conversation in the rain forest was full of BULLSWANKY! (I really detest that word, but...)  Number two, Chrisette is very unprofessional if you ask me.  To just change the routine right before you're about to step onstage was very unprofessional.  If Chante had been the one to do that, it would have been a major blowup to the point that Lil Mo's head would have taken off like a spinning top.  But Chante was the consummate professional, and quietly went with it and even asked Chrisette how it should be done instead.  And damned if that didn't end up being taken as making "tension in the room"! 

I actually laughed when Lil Mo said something about what Chante was wearing in the forest.  I was wondering why the other two were dressed as they were.  You're in a forest!  Why are you dressed like you're going for drinks at the pub?  That right there was in a nutshell the problem they had with Chante.  Pure dee jealousy!  They know she's hot, she's beautiful, she's talented and she just all around has it going on. I am really so over Mo and Chrisette at this point.  I hope Chrisette does leave the show.  She's not a team player if you ask me.  It's a shame too because I really do like her voice.  She just needs to work on her professionalism.  And I agree that Michel'le needed to shut up!      

Edited by swankie

I feel for all of these women.  I think it's a lot harder for an R&B female singer today, than it was when I was a teenager in the 70's.  Hip Hop has really upsurged R&B, as far as commercialism is concerned.  I think the bickering these women are doing reflects that there are fewer spots now in R&B.  I mean today there's Beyonce, Rihanna and everybody else.  Maybe I'm wrong because I don't listen to the radio the way I used to.  

At one point it was mentioned that Chrisette was the only one who had a song on the radio, she was also the only one nominated for a Grammy, maybe she feels that puts her above the rest; no excuse for her attitude, but maybe she views the other women, except Leela, as "has beens."  

At one point it was mentioned that Chrisette was the only one who had a song on the radio, she was also the only one nominated for a Grammy, maybe she feels that puts her above the rest

Chante has also been nominated for a Grammy before for "This Moment Is Mine" and she's an American Music Award, Soul Train Music Award and NAACP Award winner.  If Chrisette considers her a "has been", she needs to wait a hot minute and she too will become a member of that club.  If I recall, Chrisette didn't win her Grammy either.

• Love 1

Chrisette didn't win the Grammy this time around, but she definitely has a Grammy.

Which makes me wonder why she's even doing this show.  Like I said, I love her voice, but on this show she's made me feel some kind of way about her.  It was said that she may think she's above the others because she's a Grammy nominated singer.  Well, so is Chante.  Chrisette did win a Grammy, for the best Urban/Alternative performer.  That's a very specialized category with not a lot of other singers fitting into it, in fact it doesn't exist anymore.  The academy got rid of that category in 2012.  I'm not minimizing her achievement but she also had Will.i.am collaborating with her which really means she struck gold.  I just think that she's snooty and doesn't have a lick of sense when it comes to dealing with other singers, who by the way, are just as good, if not better, than she is. 

Chrisette isn't a friend to anybody. Halfway through the jungle scene, Mo's blonde wig went crooked and Chrisette didn't say shit. What kind of friend would let Mo go on national television with her wig sitting on her head like a hat and her natural hairline showing on her whole right side? A friend would've called "cut" to production and passed Mo a mirror.

Although, I can't be Team Chante either. I still give her the side-eye for the Ladies Anthem situation (intentionally misleading the women into thinking they were co-writing or at least featured when she only wanted backgrounds, and then only inviting the cast members with "names" leaving out Michel'le and Claudette). Truthfully, I think the mean girls are still pissed about being conned into singing background. They aren't pissed about Chante's "my heels are high, too" comment. Hell, they were pissed at Chante before they boarded the plane to Puerto Rico, so that comment can't be it. They never really got over the Ladies Anthem business because that was never really settled. The cold shoulder Chante's been giving everyone since Day 1 doesn't help either. Yes, she's been professional, but that cold shoulder is not exactly conducive to a pleasant work environment - especially a work environment where your work is to be creative and personal in making music.

Edited by WimminWinning

It wasn't included in the show, but Chanté explained that the production told her that she couldn't have everyone on her song since everyone was doing the Puerto Rico song. And that while they weren't going to be doing verses, it was a little more than just BGVs. We heard Chrisette's input on the, "Don't you hate it when they blah blah blah..." and she said that the rest of them wrote stuff like that, too. I don't think she's been giving everyone the cold shoulder since day 1. Since week 3, yes, but not day 1.

And truth be told, Michel'le sounds a hot mess to me. I wouldn't invite her to sing on anything either.

Edited by kia112
  • Love 2

The cold shoulder Chante's been giving everyone since Day 1 doesn't help either. Yes, she's been professional, but that cold shoulder is not exactly conducive to a pleasant work environment - especially a work environment where your work is to be creative and personal in making music.

I haven't seen Chante giving the cold shoulder while they are working.  She's been very engaging while they are rehearsing, even with Chrisette.  I don't blame her for giving the cold shoulder when they are in their down time.  Mo and Chrisette have been treating her badly.  She said she wasn't going to engage with them anymore except for when they are working.  They're just mad because she's not playing into their hands and fighting with them in their attempt to make her look bad.  Instead, they are the ones who come off looking like assholes!  Team Chante!!!

Chrisette isn't a friend to anybody. Halfway through the jungle scene, Mo's blonde wig went crooked and Chrisette didn't say shit. What kind of friend would let Mo go on national television with her wig sitting on her head like a hat and her natural hairline showing on her whole right side? A friend would've called "cut" to production and passed Mo a mirror.

Mo's whole blonde thing she's doing this season is ALL WRONG!!!  Whoever suggested that for her must really not like her.  That lace front blonde ponytail is the most hideous thing I've ever seen.  Madonna did it well, but Mo?!  Nooooooooo!!!  It's a mess on so many levels.  And then she tries to make it look like it's her real hair by wearing that monstrosity she had on in the forest.  Did she string that wig together herself?  It looked like something took a piss on it and with her real hairline peaking through, it looked like an ugly assed toboggan made out of pissed on hair.  Just all around BAD!

Edited by swankie

I think I'm going to let this show go next season.  It makes me hate people I usually like.  I typically like Chrisette so I wanted her not to be like she was on the show.  I have never liked Chante (I like some of her music but haven't liked her in any interview I've seen or read) so while I think the whole situation was stupid and petty I still couldn't get behind her dramatic talking heads.  The best part of this season was I found out I really like Leela James.