Type keyword(s) to search

R&B Divas: Los Angeles - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Stacy looked like a wildebeest the whole episode. I hate talking about people's appearances. I think it's low hanging fruit, but every time I saw her, I recoiled.

I only know about what Chante has said about Kenny from this show, so: I know that she felt controlled, I know that Kenny sued for full custody of their son, I know that Chante said it was to hurt her, I know that he didn't win and I know that she said that he's a good dad. None of that sounds disparaging to me. It sounds like adult business. It affects my perception of him slightly, but not enough to not be a fan, and not enough to think he's a bad person. They were just a bad fit. I'll still show everyone who wants to see it my picture with Kenny. So Stacy talking about how bad Chante hurt her friend is whatever to me because, IMO, if Chante really wanted to spill the tea, she would have said more than what she did.

I'll just leave this here…

http://flic.kr/p/rC3pCZ

• Love 5
(edited)

I hate everyone on this show except Chante!  Those other crows can kick rocks.  Lil mo is bringing another devil's spawn into the world so she can dye their hair red and Leela acts like a complete asshole to Chante in her home and then has the nerve to say she doesn't want Chante on the track.  Forget you Leela!  You ugly back fat having moose looking bitch!  And I don't blame Chante for not wanting to go anywhere that Stacy's ugly ass is going to be.  And that no-talent bitch Stacy had the nerve to say she's the best diva in the area.  Somebody please explain to her that SHE CAN'T SING!!!  TVONE!!!  GET RID OF STACY PLEASE!!!  SHE SUCKS AND MAKES ME NOT WANT TO WATCH THE SHOW.  AND JUDGING BY THE LACK OF COMMENTS ON THIS THREAD, I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO FEELS THIS WAY.  Okay, rant over.  Woosah!

Now normally, I tear up and get all verklempt when someone gets proposed to, but for Lil Mo...flat line.  Crickets.  No feeling whatsoever because I don't like the bitch!

Edited by swankie
  • Love 3

I switched cable companies today and, of course, got the package that doesn't carry TVOne.

So...who knows if I'll ever find the desire to catch up on this show now.

Watermelon- can they truly be THAT jealous of Chante? And who the hell is Stacy to be agressive towards Chante about Chante's husband? None of it concerns her! She just takes Kenny's side and ran with it. Is she screwing Kenny?! WTF!

It's a petty aesthetic thing, but look at Mo and Stacy and then look at Chante.

Them bitches is HATING.

I switched cable companies today and, of course, got the package that doesn't carry TVOne.

So...who knows if I'll ever find the desire to catch up on this show now.

If you search youtube next week it'll definitely be on there. Last weeks was on youtube the next day, but that's rare.

• Love 1

Watermelon, them biches IS (not are) hating! I am so disappointed with Lil' Mo and this Stacy girl needs to go somewhere. What I wanna know is how Leela is acting like she hasn't seen the shade and down right mean-spirited things being thrown at Chante. She knew exactly what Chante was talking about when she said, "I don't want to go away if people are going to be mean to me." Makes sense to me. How can they all ignore what Stacy did right before Chante's show? And Leela with all that bravado is some bullshit. They pick on Chante because they feel they can.

I fucking hate Leela after this show she put on at her house. And Mo, true example of money can't buy class. Hmmm, another baby...ok...

Imma add, these immature, partially formed, emotionally stunted "women" don't know how to be friends to anyone. It reminds me of something I saw on Pinterest. It read something like, "Some people won't like you; most people don't even like themselves." Bingo!

And how deluded is Stacy to say she was the best diva in that area, between her and Chante? Who is she? I have never heard of her.

I hate to say this because I think religion is such a personal thing and no one can dictate how one expresses their religion, but I can't even be happy for Mo's proposal becuase her spirit, that she talks about so much, just seems wrong and bitter and mean. How she calls people satan and talks about their spirits is so juvenile and well, secular.

• Love 2

divaTy- I csn appreciate that. I am still trying to figure out what Chante did!

Do you know how much I wish I could sing? I can imagine telling my stories in a small club, I can so imagine what it would be like to have their talents. Why this garbage?!

I hate to say this because I think religion is such a personal thing and no one can dictate how one expresses their religion, but I can't even be happy for Mo's proposal becuase her spirit, that she talks about so much, just seems wrong and bitter and mean. How she calls people satan and talks about their spirits is so juvenile and well, secular.

I agree 100 percent.  And what's up with Mo calling everyone "brutha"?  I loved how Chante told her, "I'm a woman, not a brother."  And am I the only one who thinks Mo and whats-his-name weren't really married when this episode happened?  She was just a little too shocked and surprised when he did propose.  I have never seen anyone act so....needy?  If you're already married, you don't act all shocked and surprised like you just found a million dollar lottery ticket.  Just sayin.  

And Leela, I can't even believe you had the nerve to say, "Grown woman acting like an innocent victim all the time and when folks bag on her..."  Bitch!, it's because she is an innocent victim.  You allowed people to gang up on her in your home and then you became the gang leader acting a damned fool getting all up in her face.  She WAS the grown woman in that scenario who kept her composure while you acted like the brazen immature moose that you are!   And when you throw somebody out of your house, you don't follow them outside and ask them why they don't want to go on a trip with you.  At that point, she would be stupid to go anywhere with any of you wildebeests!!!  (Thank you Kia112 for the wildebeest reference.  Fits those hags to a tee.)

I'm going to have to stop watching this show.  It's making me get a little too stabby! 

Edited by swankie
  • Love 1

TVOne, what have you done?  I have no interest in finishing the rest of this season.  Caught the last episode on YouTube (thanks Watermelon) and I am good.  I remember the first episode where the Divas did Kelly Price's showcase and everyone was hyped about everyone else's talent.  That's what I really wanted to watch, but even so, I was okay with last season.  This season?  These harpies screeching about nothing and Stacy Francis's demon possessed soul telling Chante Moore that she's the greatest diva in the area?  When no one even knows who she is?  No songs to her name?  With her voice sounding like the wails of all of the people Voldemort killed, escaping from his wand?  No thank you.  And I watched that monstrosity of a video that's linked in the article above.  I can't.  I cannot.  I am unable.

• Love 3

TVOne, what have you done?  I have no interest in finishing the rest of this season.  Caught the last episode on YouTube (thanks Watermelon) and I am good.  I remember the first episode where the Divas did Kelly Price's showcase and everyone was hyped about everyone else's talent.  That's what I really wanted to watch, but even so, I was okay with last season.  This season?  These harpies screeching about nothing and Stacy Francis's demon possessed soul telling Chante Moore that she's the greatest diva in the area?  When no one even knows who she is?  No songs to her name?  With her voice sounding like the wails of all of the people Voldemort killed, escaping from his wand?  No thank you.  And I watched that monstrosity of a video that's linked in the article above.  I can't.  I cannot.  I am unable.

Yep, this is exactly how I feel. I remember watching that first season and just being happy that everyone could be talented and positive. I wanted to get a glimpse into their lives. Yes, you need some drama to keep things from getting boring, but each season has been getting less and less watchable.

Did I miss something, because I really don't get the flat out hatred of Chante. I can see getting annoyed and tired of her, but the level of animosity makes me wonder if there's some stuff on the cutting room floor that they're not showing. Once Leela jumped into it, I figured it's the little things that finally got to her. But still....

There have been reality tv characters I've disliked. Stacy is the first one I've outright hated... to the point where even I want to punch her in the mouth. She truly has ruined this show for me. She brings absolutely nothing to this show but drama. Brave is actively trying to get her music going. Leela, Chrissette, and Chante, still have varying levels of mainstream success. Michel'le was working on with Crystal Waters. WTF is Stacy doing? That skincare line was BS. Who would buy any product with her name on it? And you know what, WTF is Mo doing, other than make more bad relationship decisions? Seems like the most ratchet chicks are doing the least. And Stacy is too old for this catty sh*t.

• Love 4

Whoever does the reunion this year, if they side with Lil Mo and Stacy over Chante, I will personally call in and cuss their ass out.  This is the second year they've tried to make Chante the villain and it still isn't going to fly with me.  Kelly Price acted like a complete ass and earned her villain status.  Same with Nicki Gilbert on the Atlanta show.  I still have yet to see Chante do anything other than try to defend herself from the attacks of these other assholes.  If there is footage of her acting a complete fool, they need to show it.  Lil Mo gets mad because Chante decides to do a one woman show?!  Bitch, not only did Chante show up for your show at the beginning of the season, but she cheered your brain damaged ass on and showed genuine appreciation for your talent.  Then you pay her back by walking out of her show because she wears a wedding gown in one scene?!  And then just because Michel'le tells you that Chante's father was a drug addict most of her life, you start harping that Chante is using that as an excuse.  Excuse for what?!  Michel'le is the one that told you that, not Chante.  She hasn't even mentioned her dad to you so how is she using him as an excuse?!  Ghetto assed douchebag!  Ugh!  Can't stand her!!!

• Love 2

How did Stacy get to be the spokesperson?! Who the hell is she?! Chante did nothing to deserve any of this. They are jealous of her looks and incredible talent! I can't even believe, well yes I can since I never liked her anyway but couldn't figure out why, Leela was all hyped.

Next, why would Mche' le (sp?) get involved and be against Chante. Yeah, I kinda hate these women.

You know what would kill those ladies? If Chante just came out with a record. We already know its gonna hit!

• Love 1

OKAY, NOW I'M REALLY FEELING ALL STABBY!!!  Lil Ho, Stacy and Leela can all go straight to the devil right now.  You kick Chante off of the record, and if that isn't bad enough you let Stacy tell her in the most disrespectful way possible.  So Lil Ho gets on stage in her ill fitting outfit and has the nerve to criticize Chante's suit?!  And Lil Ho gets all upset because Chante patted her funky bug infested wig.  She said Chante patted her head like she was a Maltese.  Don't flatter yourself bitch!  You're a straight up mangy old mutt.  And why is it that when you showboat and do your song it's for the "group", but when Chante performs a beautiful song in honor of her friend with cancer, she's "in it for herself"?!  I HATE YOU MO/HO!  And I don't know what's going on that the stupid producer for the record didn't give Chante any support.  He can kick rocks also, ugly asshole!  For them to all keep disrespecting her this way, I hope she does quit this show.  To me, it's beneath her because she's really basically kept her composure for the most part while each of the buzzards against her have shown their ass in the worst way.  And I hope Michel'le realizes that Lil Ho isn't her friend...AT ALL.  She couldn't even bother to comfort her when she was having problems.  She's talking about, "Chante has to go!", but Lil Ho is the one causing the majority of the ill will that's happening on this show.  TVONE...FIRE LIL MO AND STACY!!!  Otherwise, I'll never tune in to another season...EVER!!!

Edited by swankie
  • Love 2

The reunion: I seriously fon't like Stacy. Snd you see ole messy Mo pushing her up to keep being bitchy? As much as Chrisette grinds my gears, I am glad she is not letting Stacy get her to another level, she is keeping her cool. She and Chante are handling that witch.

• Love 1

I am getting sick and tired of Wendy Williams and her love of Lil Mo.  You can tell she's team grimlins; Lil Mo, Stacy and Leela.  And why does she keep asking Lil Mo to speak for Michel'le?  Michel'le will answer her question and she'll disregard it and ask Mo the same question about Michel'le.  She's really grinding on my last nerve because I have never liked Wendy Williams any damned way.  Then she says she knows nothing about the Whitney Houston incident involving Stacy, but goes on and describes what happened.  And she has the nerve to call Chante a liar in the previews!  

You could tell the others were very uncomfortable the way Wendy kept trying to get someone, anyone, to say that Michel'le is on some kind of drugs.  She just kept pushing it like she was going to be paid a bonus if she got Michel'le to admit it.  If I was Wendy, I would keep Shug Knight's name out of my mouth lest someone does a drive by on her ass.  Believe me, you wouldn't see me shed a tear if that happened. 

For them to say Chante brought her friend with cancer on the stage during her song just to upstage Leela's friend was petty if you ask me.  I thought the concert was for cancer research, not just for Leela's friend.  I saw nothing wrong with what Chante did and for them to be all butthurt because she didn't check with them first, well, she probably would have if they hadn't ganged up on her earlier at Leela's.  I thought Chante's song was lovely and very touching.  I didn't care for Leela's because I don't like her old billy goat's gruff voice and yes announcergirl, she does sound like Oprah.     

• Love 2

These women are crazy as hell.  For Leela, Mo and Stacey to have unceremoniously kicked Chante off the song "for Teresa" to then expect Chante to have to go through them to vet her House of Blues performance...Bitch whet?  Whoooo are you?!

Them bitches are petty and wack and are still mad Chante is older but much prettier with a MUCH better voice.

• Love 3

My GOD, I can't stand Wendy Williams.  I try with her but she is a sea hag.  She is the messiest, nastiest of wenches.

I have been vocal in my dislike of Chrisette, but as was said above, all is forgiven simply because she called Stacy a liar and outed her for saying she was coming for Chante and Michel'le (and yes, I do believe she said it).  I enjoyed that it's clear Chante isn't afraid of those fools on the other couch.

Thank God that Brave acted like she had some sense.  But her makeup artist and hairstylist damn sure didn't.  Did she look at herself in the mirror before she walked out on stage?

• Love 5

My GOD, I can't stand Wendy Williams.  I try with her but she is a sea hag.  She is the messiest, nastiest of wenches.

I have been vocal in my dislike of Chrisette, but as was said above, all is forgiven simply because she called Stacy a liar and outed her for saying she was coming for Chante and Michel'le (and yes, I do believe she said it).  I enjoyed that it's clear Chante isn't afraid of those fools on the other couch.

Thank God that Brave acted like she had some sense.  But her makeup artist and hairstylist damn sure didn't.  Did she look at herself in the mirror before she walked out on stage?

I wouldn't mind if Wendy was equally shady to everyone, but she clearly is up Mo's ass.  When Wendy really tried it was when she acted like she didn't know who Brave was(which is possible), but then went on to say she knew Stacy from "Ex-Girlfriend". Bitch, no you don't.  You know her from X-Factor at best.  

• Love 2

Ok, I give up. I just need somebody here to explain to me what Chante did to make those women hate her so much. I don't see it. I haven't seen anything. Not even the singing background on HER song. I am open to listen and learn...please provide me with answers.

• Love 2

I know. Especially 29.99 lace front,2 inch parting, natural blonde Little Mo. She spotting all this church stuff but acting un-christlike.

She needs her ass whooped.

And Leela needs to stop wearing jump suits.

Stacey is vile. So her and Kenny aren't really friends..just share the same manager. Okay, Stacey. She really is an uneducated, untalented, woman.

Edited by OnceSane
  • Love 2

I know. Especially 29.99 lace front,2 inch parting, natural blonde Little Mo. She spotting all this church stuff but acting un-christlike.

She needs her ass whooped.

And Leela needs to stop wearing jump suits.

Stacey is vile. So her and Kenny aren't really friends..just share the same manager. Okay, Stacey. She really is an uneducated, untalented, woman.

Right! Little Mo is the reason a lot of people don't want to go to a church or participate in organized religion - talking but not walking Christ-like. I believe that she does really believe that she is deeply religious and doing the right things - before I continue I will say that as my momma says, "I don't have a heaven or hell to send you to." So my opinion is just that - that she's living right, but it takes more. She is so angry and bi about something. She's got talent, no doubt.  Looks? Eh, yeah, she cleans up well. So why the anger? Why the anger towards Chante?

And Stacy and her "Kenny is one of my best friends...but, not really" self. OMG! What she is doing is against every girl code every written. She is no ones friend.

• Love 2

Didn't watch last week's, but watched the reunion because I heard Chrisette was not picking up what Stacy was laying down.  I loved Chante saying that in her 11 years of marriage to Kenny, she ain't heard nobody mention Stacy's name.  And when she said that Stacy had never been to her house, I heard Mo say, "Nobody's been to your house."  Yeah, y'all wouldn't be at my house, either.  Not when the first season was full of drama and the second season was full of drama and I was going through a divorce and custody case during all of that?  People don't come to my house now and I ain't got nothing going on except writing term papers.

• Love 2

What was that crapola?! Seriously! Wendy Williams has lost all credibility with me. That was some straight bull. Oh and for the record, I have seen plenty of times where a nonprofit only gets part of the proceeds. We are lucky if the even disclose the percentage sometimes, so her request for a lousy 1% is nothing! I am convinced they only hate on her because of her looks and talent. The rest of those wombats can kiss it. For real. Times like these I wish I had Twitter!

• Love 3

I made a reunion thread. I think you are spot on about them conspiring. If anything it was about Chante, CHANTE'S moment, intruded upon by by Mo who bust in to tell the world how she was going to commit suicide and leave all those many children she has by different men alone in this hard, cruel world. Going to repent now...

Oh and I want to say I am done with this show unless they get some backup for Chante. I even like Chrisette now. Who saw that coming?!

• Love 2

I HATE WENDY WILLIAMS WITH THE FIRE OF A MILLION SUNS!!!  That bitch just would not let up on Chante and even called her a liar even though as Chante pointed out, she wasn't there.  They even showed the clip of Chante saying, "Can WE get 1 percent of the proceeds for the song", and Leela and Wendy (again, who wasn't there) kept continually calling her a liar saying that she was only asking for it for herself.  And by the way, it isn't against the norm for the performers and charity administrators to get a portion of the proceeds.

Another thing that pissed me off was at the end of the reunion when Chante was going to say she was under the strain of her brother dying, and Lil Mo busted in with the bullshit about trying to kill herself (which I'm not buying for one second.  That bitch just overdosed on whatever bullshit drugs she was indulging in, I don't believe for a moment that she was trying to kill herself), and then Stacy had the nerve to tell Chante that she was trying to make Mo's moment about herself.  BULLSHIT@!!!!  I think they had a plan that if Chante were to bring up losing her brother that they were going to break in and not let her have her moment.   And Wendy Williams with her bullshit crocodile tears over Lil Mo's blubbering about "trying to kill herself", made me want to hurl.  She never got back with Chante to let her finish her thought and that just shows how much she was up Lil Mo's blown up ass cheeks.  Wendy, Lil Mo, Leela and especially Stacy can all kick rocks and go straight to Hell as far as I'm concerned.

Edited by swankie
  • Love 2

I watched this reunion pissed on Chante's behalf. Wendy is a horrific moderator. She's completely biased and uniformed. It's the exact reason I stopped watching her talk show. All the tea she "spills" is either stale and outdated, or not well researched and fabricated. She has a daily talk show an can't even manage to keep up-to-date Hot Topics with a team of researchers.

Can Stacy act like we all hadn't heard that Whitney Houston story? EVERYONE heard that story before Whitney even hit the dirt. Her crocodile tears over it were so ridiculous, especially considering that's her biggest claim to fame, yes bigger than her appearance on X-Factor. And that single of hers that played between breaks was awful.

I'm just plain tired of Lil Less's pious hoodrat ass. Nothing more to say.

The attacks on Chante were all so transparent.

• Love 1

The attacks on Chante were all so transparent.

I agree.  Leela said that Chante had been coming for her all season.  When?  From what I saw, she was coming for Chante.  Hard!  Chante hadn't done a thing to her but Leela screamed at her and threw her out of her house just because she said she didn't want to go on the trip and be treated bad.  Leela is a bitch, she talks like a bitch and I don't like her or her man-voice.  She does sound like Oprah screaming "HARPO!!!" in The Color Purple when she sings.  The only two people on this show that I like to listen to sing is Chante (phenomenal voice) and Chrisette (love her style).  The others sound like drowning river rats to me.  Don't want to hear them speak let alone sing. 

And why did we have to see Lil No Mo (love it) dance?  That was totally unnecessary if you ask me.  I hated the way Wendy let Lil No Mo go on and on and on, ad nauseum about herself, but when Chante would try to speak, either Stacy or Wendy herself would interfere or cut her off. 

Even with all of them coming for her Chante managed to keep it classy.  I love how she politely asked Leela to stop calling her names.  She didn't scream obscenities like Stacy or ramble on with a bunch of hot garbage like Lil No Mo.  They can try to paint her as a bad guy all they want.  I still say Chante Moore has more talent, style and class than any of the others on this show.  And if you go to the TV ONE site and read the comment section of their blogs you will see that just about every post says the same thing.  That speaks volumes to me.

Edited by swankie
  • Love 1

I am glad I wasn't the only one feeling this way about the unwarranted attacks on Chante.

Leels was a bitch from day 1 but tried hard to hide it. Remember all those "I don't do kumbya(sp?)" comments when anyone wanted to mediate. See, her true self eventually came out. Chante did nothing to her. Nothing to anyone - especially Leela. Not one comment.

Then to throw her off that song like they did for no reason was pure hate. I want to know why Mi'chele is in on it though.

• Love 1

Binge watched the last half of this season over the weekend. I thought my DVR must have erased some episodes where Chante had treated the others vile, based on how they were treating her. So I check out this board, to find out, and nope.... These chicks are just that petty.

That last episode kind summed up a lot of their motivations. The final scene was the "song" with Leela singing with all the divas less known/accomplished than her. Looks like she wants to be the star of this show. After LilMo's not so great solo set at the concert, and Chante's flawless performance, LilMo immediately says something along the line of, Chante was good, but she's just hear to promote herself. She is so jealous.

I hope this is this last season. Leela's album seems to be doing well, so she may not have time or have need for another season. I don't see Chrisette or Chante doing another season. Michell'le.... Is too fragile for this, and everyone else is interesting enough to carry the show.

A part of me was sad to see the show end after that season but I'm glad Mo, Leela and Stacy will never grace my TV screens again. Wendy either. They were all awful to Chante and that woman handled them with such class.

• Love 1