Type keyword(s) to search

R&B Divas: Los Angeles - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Watching those women at dinner was like watching the Tower of Babel; it was as if each woman was speaking a different language and trying to communicate with each other.  All of them were clueless; and what was up with Chrisette walking out?  I thought that was just silly.  Also why did she get upset at Claudette?  Because Claudette said, "you don't know me like that?"  Grow up Chrisette, people will say worse things to you as you go through life.  

• Love 2

I thought that Claudette said that partly because Chrisette kept talking over her, asking her (in a declarative way) if she would have been offended if Chanté said the same thing to Claudette that she said to Chrisette. It's like Claudette was saying, "You don't know what would offend me because you don't know me."

I would think that Lil Mo being the victim of violence herself, would be reluctant to threaten violence to one of her co-workers. I haven't forgotten about when she got that bottle busted over her head. Always pontificating about people being evil and demonic all while looking like one of those evil demon dogs on the rooftop in Ghostbusters. What did she say Chante had? A lustful spirit because she was wearing a bikini (and looking damned good) on a tropical freakin island? All while she was wearing a crooked wig and leather booty shorts?

She's four foot nothing talking about she's going to throw somebody and do this and that. Girl sit down. "Don't she know her clothes don't match?" I'm sorry, but as a vocalist, nobody on this show holds a candle to Chante and they know it.

Chrisette please. You self-righteous prick. You haven't even been around long enough for me to even care about you. The audacity for this basic girl to talk that way to somebody who was making hit records while she was just a super special little unicorn in diapers listening to opera and classical because she was too good for r&b. And then to say that she hopes Chante doesn't mess up their performance. Who are you?! This woman has been in the business more than 20 years. She is a consummate professional.

I already didn't like this chick's music or her persona. Now I really don't like her as a person. Especially after she came for one of my faves. Chante is too classy to stoop to their level, but I'm so glad she didn't bow down. She told mo straight up that if she had all this dirt on her, to spill it. She didn't. She told mo in no uncertain terms would she allow her to put her hands on her and with all that big bad ass talking and wolf tickets Mo sold, she didn't dare touch her. Love Chante. I'm buying yet another ticket to go see her when she comes to town.

Edited by charmed1
  • Love 7

Oh a "perversion spirit." Thanks kia112. That's even worse than I thought. Lil Mo openly brags about getting down in threesomes with her husband and random women, yet Chante's the one with a perversion spirit. I don't know what kind of store front, folding chairs for pews, adjacent to a liquor store, Greater Mt. Asshole church Mo was raised in, but it has definitely warped her ideas on spirituality and morality and turned her into a very nasty and spiteful person. I almost wish Syleena would join the LA franchise just to rip her a new one like she did to Nicci Gilbert in that epic Spongebob, black gums read. I mean whatever is left of her after Prince's epic Essence fest read.

• Love 6

Chrisette Michele is acting like a damned fool with that stupid whisper voice!  She makes me want to slap that pile of doodoo off the top of her head.  I hate Wendy Williams for acting all new and not letting Chante ever finish a thought.  The others cut her off constantly and Wendy just sits there and lets them.  Plus, she's calling Chante a mean girl and I didn't see any of that on the show.  It's obvious that Mo and Chrisette have an agenda to make Chante look bad and they got Leela's ugly ass to agree to it.  If Chante was all kinds of foul on the show, why didn't the camera's show it?  They didn't hesitate to show Nikki Gilbert being a bitch or Kelly Price acting a damned fool.  Why is all of Chante's supposed foul behavior not shown?  I'm calling bullshit on this whole season.  I really don't like to be made to look like an ignorant fool and have these producers think I'm falling for these hijinks!  Just stop it now!!! 

And Lil Mo!  Maybe your girls were acting out because you felt the need to announce on national TV that you indulge in threesomes.  I know that would traumatize me as a child even moreso than the fact that you're divorcing daddy #2.  Your shit is foul and you do nothing to protect your kids from it.  That hot ass mess of red dye you had in your daughter's hair last season let's me know that mother of the year you are not!

And Chrisette pulls that, "I have recorded proof on my phone of Chante...blah blah blah...but I can't show it here...blah blah blah".  Of course we all know that that means there is no such recorded proof! 

Someone please tell me!  HOW COME EVERY TIME CHANTE WENT TO DEFEND HERSELF, CHRISETTE CUT HER OFF!!!  I get so damned exasperated by this kind of crap!!!   

Edited by swankie
  • Love 2

I missed the first 40 minutes, but I can tell Chrisette is the sort of person you just want to hit with a rolled up newspaper. She's like an annoying Yorkie.

I do find it interesting that the whole first half of the season everyone was annoyed with Chrisette's fake flower child persona but it somehow slid to being mad about Chante's everything.

• Love 2

So why does Leela James want to tell that lie and say she's been in the business as long as Chante has?  Twenty years ago Leela was only 11 years old.  She didn't hit the scene until 2003, 11 years ago.  She's a lying liar that lies and she's lost all the respect I initially had for her by engaging in this Chante pile on.  I also don't like her stupid hair, which by the way isn't all hers!  This quote is from an interview she did: 

"On adding pieces for length and volume...
I do, occasionally. But a girl can't disclose all of her secrets! Some things need to be left to curiosity. Plus, it ain't none of y'alls business, LOL!"

Anyone who wears their own hair vehemently denies using extensions or weaves, like Kenya Moore.  Her hair may be thick, but it isn't all hers.  Plus, I read that she admitted it was a weave not too long after she first came on the scene.  The person who does have all of her natural hair and it's very beautiful is Claudette.  She even let Wendy run her fingers through it last season.  I think that's why Leela wore the cornrow braids and extensions at the reunion.  She didn't want to be given the hair test.  She's just as fake as she wants to be and I no longer like her after this reunion! 

Edited by swankie

I didn't get why Chante had security there.  To me that seemed stupid, especially when Mo said that they saw each other a few weeks ago and Chante didn't have security then; so why have security at the reunion.  To me that made Chante look kind of silly.  Even Claudette said she thought security was there for all of them.  

Chrisette Michele is acting like a damned fool with that stupid whisper voice!  She makes me want to slap that pile of doodoo off the top of her head.

I didn't know that hair that's not relaxed is doodoo now.

I didn't get why Chante had security there.  To me that seemed stupid, especially when Mo said that they saw each other a few weeks ago and Chante didn't have security then; so why have security at the reunion.  To me that made Chante look kind of silly.  Even Claudette said she thought security was there for all of them.  

Considering that all of that hair was weave, I don't think it falls into the natural/relaxed category.  If it's not relaxed, it's because it came off of the head of some poor women in a country from the other side of the world.

• Love 1

Had I been Chante I would have said people like to talk slick shit, and threaten me when cameras are around. I'm not afraid of anybody, but I'm also not giving anybody the opportunity to test me.

Boom.

Cuz at the end of the day Chante is 100% not afraid of any of them, and could prooooobably whoop they asses, if she had to.

• Love 1

So why does Leela James want to tell that lie and say she's been in the business as long as Chante has? Twenty years ago Leela was only 11 years old. She didn't hit the scene until 2003, 11 years ago.

Oh I totally believe her because I believe what she lied about is her age. I believe she's in her 40's. I went to a concert that featured several artists including her, not too long after she debuted. She came out into the audience and the first thing I noticed was that she's really short and the second thing I said was that there's no way this chick is younger than me. And I will never forget that she spoke in a very high pitched, squeaky voice. It was an outdoor concert so I left after her first song and went to watch another performer on another stage. May have been Chante.

That's how that fake pile of crap looked to me, who by the way, am entitled to my opinion!

I didn't get why Chante had security there.  To me that seemed stupid, especially when Mo said that they saw each other a few weeks ago and Chante didn't have security then; so why have security at the reunion.  To me that made Chante look kind of silly.  Even Claudette said she thought security was there for all of them.

Chante knows, just like viewers of many reality shows know, that the reunions usually bring out the worst in people.  There have been numerous times on numerous reunion specials where people who have since mended fences after filming ends, get enraged when they actually see the show and emotions and rage are re-ignited by the time the reunion is filmed.  Most physical assaults have happened during reunion specials. I don't blame Chante for being prepared for anything off the wall that can happen.  Especially since Lil Mo doesn't seem to be able to contain herself sometimes.   

Edited by swankie

I have Sisterlocks myself, so I'm obviously not against natural hair.  That said, I thought Chrisette's hair looked a crazy mess.  Those Marley twists (I think that's what they were) couldn't have looked more like yarn if I'd sat next to her and knit a blanket from it while she hoarsely whispered her way through the reunion.  Not only that, but she was sporting Indian wedding jewelry in it.  Now, unless I'm mistaken, Mama isn't Indian.  So she's just wearing it, as my daughter would say, "for fancy", which rubs me the wrong way.  I can't stand when folks appropriate things just because they think it's something cool.  I think she looked a fool.

• Love 3

After watching this, I'm convinced that Chrisette is just state crazy, still love her voice and music, but chick is crazy.

Chante slipped with the bodyguard because it allowed her to be called out in a way which lends credence to those who are against you.

Claudette remains smart in trying to remain above the fray.

I can easily believe Chrisette is crazy...or she's just a stone cold bitch who uses her whisper voice and the idea that she's a special snowflake to get over on people.

Mo's the one who turned up for no reason, had petty but describable beef with Chante, and is actually the one who threatened her, but SHE wasn't doing half of what Chrisette was.

Every time Chante talked in the long shots about benign things, Mo either looked indifferent or smiled. Chrisette rolled her eyes, gave stank expressions, and had the body language of hate...it really made her look a bit psycho.

• Love 3

It annoyed me that Chrisette kept up with the "She said that if we weren't on this show together that I wouldn't have the opportunity to be near her."  Yeah, chick ... because you wouldn't!  Y'all didn't know each other before the show and would have had no reason to hang out nor would you be obligated to do so.  Because of this show, you have to be in each other's presence, even though you clearly don't get along.  That is what Chante was saying and it makes complete sense.  But Chrisette has a vested interest in making it seem that Chante believes she's above them.

• Love 3

Once again Chrisette gets about 5 minutes to rant about Chante or Claudette, but they get a half a second to respond!  This is some bullshit!!!  Next time can we get La La Anthony to do the reunion?  She at least is usually impartial and lets each side have their say.  You can tell Wendy is team Chrisette.  Chrisette spoke so much, I got tired just hearing her stupid whisper voice.  Everything Chrisette said was bullshit!  Claudette did not yell at her.  She's just as bad as Heather Dubrow from RHOC who kept saying Shannon Beador was yelling at her when she was speaking in a normal voice.  These two chicks must have never had anyone really yell at them before.  I haven't heard Claudette even so much as raise her voice the whole time she's been on this show and I'm talking about both seasons.  Chrisette is just a crazy delusional idiot who obviously wears her feelings on her sleeve.  Damn, I just wish she would shut up!!!  Grrrrrr!!!

Glad they were green lighted for a third season.  I hope the earlier rumor that Chrisette won't be coming back next season is true.  Hate her with a passion.  She brings up the same kind of bad feelings I had for Nikki Gilbert and Kelly Price.  I couldn't work with that bitch or I would be constantly getting restraining orders against me from punching her in the face.  She's fake and I can't stand fake bitches!!!

Once again, Michel'le, SHUT UP!   You know good and damn well Chante wasn't talking about you when she said she wouldn't come back to work with the same 6 women.  Ya dumb cluck!  Who has she been beefing with all season?  Even Wendy was like, SHUT UP MICHEL'LE!!!  Plus, why did you have a problem with Chante saying she didn't want to work with the same 6 ladies, but said nothing about Claudette, who said the same thing?  THIS CHANTE PILE ON MUST STOP NOW!!!  The only ones acting a damn fool are the ones saying they have a problem with Chante.  She hasn't done a damn thing to any of them, and I have yet to hear her raise her voice at any of them except to defend herself from their attacks on her.  Lil Mo yells, threatens and moves aggressively toward Chante at the forest, yet they claim Chante is acting like a diva!  Puh-leeze!!!

Chrisette, really?  You wear angel wings and fake crowns and you have a problem with Chante bringing a stuffed elephant to the "grown woman" reunion?!  Bitch please!!!

Edited by swankie
  • Love 1

Chrisette, the reason your team didn't want you to do a reality show is because they were afraid that your real personality would show and people would be completely turned off.  Fears confirmed.

There's nothing that a bully hates worse than when their target refuses to be cowered.  They kept attacking Chante and she fought back and refused to go along with their bullshit.  Then they went for Claudette and were surprised when she was having none of it.

The reunion was basically two hours of people talking out of their asses and pretending that if they shouted or whispered their lies, they would become true.

This show is a business, first and foremost.  The fact that four of these Divas couldn't see that, is a major reason why their careers have suffered.

• Love 5

Finally caught the second part of the reunion. No words for Chrisette. She is just so petty and ridiculous. All of that 'peace, love, and earth' vibe she has tried to give off is BS. If she's on next season, I definitely won't tune in. Why was she allowed to interrupt everyone?

I just want to hug Claudette. She didn't care about the drama and was clearly only on that set because she had to be.

Still love Chante. I think she handled the ladies well.

Edited by trimthatfat
  • Love 3

I'm binge watched the last few episodes and the reunion. Chrisette is quite the special snowflake, isn't she? Is she an only child?

Her recording her conversation with Chante really bothered me. Besides being illegal, what was the point? She said she wanted to play it back to Chante and discuss it with her. But she recorded it after episode 3. Why you just now bringing it up to her at the reunion? So what if she said she was being upstaged by newbies? From Chante's account, it sounds like the initial "mean girls" text and subsequent (recorded) conversation was meant to be a joke. Kind of made me wished she'd played it.

Just felt like the girls were instructed to pick on Chante for the drama.

With the addition of those two, the next round of Divas will be some women they found singing in the shower at the gym.

Not here for no Claudette. I might tune in for the first episode to see how/if the departure is explained, but I won't stick around after that.

A place to discuss particular episodes, arcs and moments from the show's run. Please remember this isn't a complete catch-all topic -- check out the forum for character topics and other places for show-related talk.

New season starts tomorrow at 10pm. 

There's not a lot of traffic around here but I was hesitant about starting a new thread. Will there be episode threads or one thread for the whole season?

I think we should scrap the episode threads since the replies are so low.  I'll post in whatever thread people start, though.

We'll do one thread for season 3 for now, and the thread is up. If we get more traffic, we can switch to individual episode threads.

• Love 1

So Mo got herself a new hair color and a new husband.  She still ghetto, though.  

I thought Chrisette was not going to do another season?

Chante looks great!  But I would rather bond on a beach than in the woods.  These forced bonding exercises are not fun to watch.

So we get to meet Brave and Stacy Francis later.  Looks like fun.