Type keyword(s) to search

Love On The Spectrum - General Discussion

• Start Topic

***SPOILERS***

Season 2 is the best series I’ve seen in a long time. I found myself smiling, awwwing, squealing, and crying. Episode 5 was my favorite! 

Ronan definitely stole my heart, so I was extremely happy for him when he finally got his first kiss and an official girlfriend in sweet little Katie. 

I felt the same way for Mark when he and Chloe ended up together. I can’t imagine what could have happened to break them up. I wish they would have told us if it was Mark or Chloe who went cold. For some reason, I feel like Mark might have gotten scared and wanted to go back to being just friends. I know he says he wants a romance, but I thought I sensed him being a little scared and unsure during Christmas with Chloe. It might have been a little overwhelming for him. 

Michael is so funny. It was written all over his face what he thought of each woman during speed dating. He really wasn’t all that interested in Heather, until he made himself try to like her, since she was his only choice. I think maybe her parents picked up on that when they met him, because it was after that when she was suddenly too “busy” to see or talk to him. Her sudden change of behavior must have been the result of her parents not liking something about Michael. I think it was their idea for her to tell him that she was too busy if he ever contacted her. She couldn’t get it out fast enough when he called, but he was smart enough to press on and say what he needed to say to her. I hope Michael can find his “girl next door” next season. 

• Love 8
23 hours ago, Kdawg82 said:

I like Domhnall Gleeson and have a soft spot for cute gingers so he's like a spectrum-version of Gleeson.

Humongous  Domhnall fan (exception Frank of Ireland)
In Black Mirror Season 2 Episode 1 “Be Right Back” and DG is eerily reminiscent but not as humanly sweet as Ronan.

***Spoiler***Michael was ultra gentlemanly in his call the TooBusyHeather, who should have called it quits, stop stringing him along and been nicer on the phone. Boo her.

Come on LOTS, Michael needs to get  a girlfriend in Season 3...he is a terrific pot just needing the lid.

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 6
On 9/25/2021 at 11:10 AM, Kdawg82 said:

I like Michael. I love how you can read his thoughts immediately based on his expression.

***** spoilers *****

Yes! What struck me the most was that you could immediately tell by Michael's expression and body language just how comfortable he felt with his female friend from school. He just looked so relaxed around her in a way that he wasn't with anyone else. She would be a great wing woman, or double date partner for him.

Loved Jimmy and Sharnae's wedding! It looked beautiful, their vows were amazing, and I really enjoyed seeing the Aboriginal elements. I wish them all the best.

I'm really gutted about Mark and Chloe. They seemed like a great match, and I got choked up seeing them so happy at the dinosaur garden, especially when Chloe surprised Mark with a kiss on the cheek. If it was a case of one of them getting a little overwhelmed by the romance aspect, and they really are staying friends, I'll keep my fingers crossed that it might work out for them later once they get to know each other a little better.

• Love 6
On 9/25/2021 at 2:35 PM, Momofgreengables said:

***SPOILERS***

Michael is so funny. It was written all over his face what he thought of each woman during speed dating. He really wasn’t all that interested in Heather, until he made himself try to like her, since she was his only choice. I think maybe her parents picked up on that when they met him, because it was after that when she was suddenly too “busy” to see or talk to him. Her sudden change of behavior must have been the result of her parents not liking something about Michael.

That Heather all of a sudden became too busy to speak with Michael led me to believe that something happened during his visit with her family.  While Michael's tendency to blurt out whatever he is thinking makes his mom have fits of laughter, others might not find him so funny.

Katie is my absolute favorite.  She is sweet, adorable and fashionable.  I love her outfits.  Ronan is a lucky guy.  

Teo made my ears bleed.  

Jayden was born in the wrong century.  He sounds like someone in a Jane Austen novel.  I could listen to him speak for hours.  I wonder if he is British.

• Like 2
  • Love 4
On 10/4/2021 at 4:42 PM, Adeejay said:

Katie is my absolute favorite.  She is sweet, adorable and fashionable.  I love her outfits.  Ronan is a lucky guy.  

Jayden was born in the wrong century.  He sounds like someone in a Jane Austen novel.  I could listen to him speak for hours.  I wonder if he is British.

I loved Katie’s outfits, too! 

You’re so right about Jayden belonging in a Jane Austen novel. I’m a big fan of all her work, so that’s probably one reason I really liked Jayden. His outfits were dashing! Speaking of Jane Austen….Did you ever notice how Michael is so much like Mr. Collins from the 2005 adaptation of Pride & Prejudice? I can’t get over it every time I watch! 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
On 10/6/2021 at 8:25 PM, Momofgreengables said:

I loved Katie’s outfits, too! 

You’re so right about Jayden belonging in a Jane Austen novel. I’m a big fan of all her work, so that’s probably one reason I really liked Jayden. His outfits were dashing! Speaking of Jane Austen….Did you ever notice how Michael is so much like Mr. Collins from the 2005 adaptation of Pride & Prejudice? I can’t get over it every time I watch! 

Katie is lovely and so sweet. Ronan is a doll. I love the two of them! Their smiles are in their eyes. They both love romance! 

• Love 2
On 8/12/2023 at 8:29 PM, humbleopinion said:

Check out Down on Love on Netflix.

NZers with Down's date.

Again, it is the parents and siblings wanting love so badly for their family members that tug at your heart strings.

I watched the whole thing this weekend. I really enjoyed it. The Bolivian guy was pretty amazing. 

Carlos Biggeman, the photographer is not afraid to show his feels.

His intensity radiates through your teevee screen.

His match is so perfect, she is of another time and is enthralled with his protestations of love.

On a side note, I stayed at an AirBnb on the same body of water that Carlos lives, it is a spectacular place to visit.

• Useful 2

Wow, people with DS really move quickly! I love you’s on the second date! Didn’t one of the parents say they wear their hearts on their sleeve? Hope everyone stays together and happy!

• Like 2
1 hour ago, humbleopinion said:

How about Hot Tub Girl?

Girl has it all planned...

Thinking her beau doesn't quite know what he is unleashing.

He was very happy about all of it. Good for them, they had chemistry.  

• Like 1

I just started season two. Michael is my favorite.  But I have to say, his mother ticks me off a lot. She’s always friggin laughing at him. WTF? He isn’t your little kitty cat who does funny things. He’s a human being & I’m sure he doesn’t like her raucous cackling about everything he says or does.  
I like how this series shows all the different levels of the spectrum. I don’t think all of these people are going to be able to live on their own with another on the spectrum person.