Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Stuckathome said:

If these are his super good friends though, how did they never meet the wife??

I thought when Florian was defending leeching off Stacey he said it was justified because he had recently moved here but Georgi had been here ten years.  So maybe the wife was already out of the picture before he met these friends.  I thought Georgi said last season they had been separated for a long time but never bothered to divorce.

• Love 4
56 minutes ago, Stuckathome said:

Finally watched episode 3....wow...

Again, I know this is fake, but there are moments that make me doubt that----like the scene as they were driving and she mentioned picking up his car and he just drops the bomb that it is gone. The other three looked genuinely shocked. I LOVED that interaction----(paraphrasing) "What do you mean the the bank has it?" "Well, I didn't make the payments so they came and they took it." LMFAO.... Maybe that sock money could have gone to maintaining things like, oh I don't know, a car payment? Even Florian the undead made the point that a car is pretty essential.

I didn't think it was possible for a man to look more checked out and uninterested than Florian, but Georgi beat him in this episode. He looked freakin miserable to be in the car with her going ANYWHERE. His friends seem like decent, nice people----felt bad for them getting caught in the middle and I did appreciate that they just sort of stayed quiet as it went off the track into crazytown rather than jumping in (like Brandon's friends in HEA) and joining in the yelling. If these are his super good friends though, how did they never meet the wife?? Or was she just saying that to not have to answer any questions?? It seemed....odd. And yet, in line with friendships my ex husband had when we moved to the DC area. It's a very transient area because so many people come here to work for foreign NGOs, and in government and then leave when administrations change. He was not from the US originally and he had a large group of other Latin Americans he hung out with that I never really was comfortable around (despite having lived in LA and being fluent in SPanish) because I felt they were very superficial friendships. So, maybe this group really is the best he could offer? 

If anyone has seen season 1 of Dirty John, there is one episode where they show what John was actually doing during the time he was dating and meeting his mark, Deborah. That is what Georgi is starting to remind me of, more and more. If you haven't seen it, well then to summarize John (played by Eric Bana) presents himself as this clean cut MD all the while he is living in a trashed, filthy RV, doing a lot of drugs and trolling a LOT of different women online, blackmailing those who it turns out had BFs or husbands. The RV was sort of a gift from a sister, otherwise, John would have been homeless. Georgi even blurted out something about having been homeless when he came to the US. And, plug for that first season of Dirty John it is a true story and completely bonkers. 

While I do agree Stacey likes to stir the pot and cause drama, and there is a stupid rivalry with her sister when it comes to men, that doesn't mean she is wrong for pointing out the red flags she sees----cause there are HUGE red flags with this man. And she would be an even shittier sister if she sat back and kept quiet. Yes, she has issues with Florian but I don't see Stacey falling apart every other day and sobbing in her sister's arms the way Darcey does---and I can imagine it has been this way their entire lives. Stacey handles her shit---she didnt' seem too thrilled when Darcey reached out to Florian's video vixen last season. 

Have you seen 90 Day Love Games?

Stacey and Florian and Darcey and Georgi were all on it.  

I really enjoyed Stacey and Florian and they seemed to know each other pretty well, joked back and forth, and I surprisingly really enjoyed them on the show even though they missed their fair share of questions.  

Darcey and Georgi, not so much.  I'm not sure they even got a single question right.  It was obvious they really didn't know each other at all.  At times, just watching them was uncomfortable because it was so obvious they really didn't seem like a couple at all.  I also think Stacey has more of a sense of humor than Darcey, and it really showed during Love Games.  

I also cut Florian some slack in the financial contributing at this point.  When this was filmed, I don't believe he was able to work yet, whereas Georgi has been here for years and should be working in some capacity.  If his car wasn't repossessed, he could have been doing Door Dash or something along those lines.  Even without a car, he could have been hustling in some capacity, even if it was as a runner taking customers' food orders out to their car or working at Walmart in the pickup department.  

I'm interested to see what his ex wife has to say about him.   

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, MrBuhBye said:

I thought Georgi said last season they had been separated for a long time but never bothered to divorce.

I thought he said they hadn't been married long, separated a year and then had filed but Covid shut down the courts which had delayed everything. Depending on the state and circumstances, sometimes even an uncontested divorce requires a certain separation period, so I can buy that part and yes, Covid did shut down non essential court functions. He made the comment that she had used him, put a bunch of stuff in his name and didn't pay---somehow I am doubtful. It will be interesting to hear her story but keep in mind she may be a bit of a jaded woman scorned or just not willing to air her dirty laundry on tv. I mean, sometimes I start to tell a story from the time with my ex and I stop myself because I think, well what does it say about me that I tolerated that? 

Yes, he could have been hustling doing SOMETHING. I keep flashing back to the pic of him in that ridiculous fur coat he insisted she buy him on HER birthday. You are unemployed, losing your car and you ask her to spend $$ on that BS? 

• Love 5
23 minutes ago, MrBuhBye said:

The whole “move” was so staged.

You know what just hit me---I am annoyed that this ass clown couldn't even be bothered to fake excitement, happiness, SOME type of emotion for the trip when you know damn well he is drawing a paycheck from this crap. If he brought that much personality and enthusiasm to his day job pre Covid, it's no wonder he is no longer employed. I don't need a masseuse to talk my ear off or flirt, but be able to converse and not look like he wants to punch me is basic. Just sayin'

• Love 8
On 7/29/2021 at 6:53 AM, Stuckathome said:

I was confused, they kept saying Georgie Porgie lived in DC but he really lived in Virginia. When I was a kid, my dad was a government rep for a pharmaceutical company, we lived about 30 minutes out of DC in Virginia but I would never say we lived in DC.

Odd that Georgie's boxes were all packed, ready to go. And, seemed as if he had more "donate" than "keep".

What kind of info are D&S hoping to find from Georgie's friends? Why attack him in front his friends? And for Florian to get involved and start yelling "your wife not happy!". 

This group never fails to give laughs! 

Edited by alegtostandon
  • Love 8

If his car was repossessed, what makes it more likely that he continued to pay rent on a place he wasn't staying at? I think he was evicted and they boxed up his stuff and held it as a courtesy, which would explain a lot about everyone's behavior in the pick up situation.

• Useful 5
  • Love 4
42 minutes ago, alegtostandon said:

they kept saying Georgie Porgie lived in DC but he really lived in Virginia. When I was a kid, my dad was a government rep for a pharmaceutical company, we lived about 30 minutes out of DC in Virginia but I would never say we lived in DC.

Funny  - my younger son just moved to a town outside of DC in Virginia but works in DC.  He makes it clear that he lives in Virginia, NOT DC, lol.  

1 hour ago, Stuckathome said:

I am annoyed that this ass clown couldn't even be bothered to fake excitement, happiness, SOME type of emotion for the trip when you know damn well he is drawing a paycheck from this crap. If he brought that much personality and enthusiasm to his day job pre Covid, it's no wonder he is no longer employed. I don't need a masseuse to talk my ear off or flirt, but be able to converse and not look like he wants to punch me is basic. Just sayin'

Now I need to watch this!  I tried when they all piled into the car but bailed.  But now I must watch for this:

44 minutes ago, alegtostandon said:

And for Florian to get involved and start yelling "your wife not happy!". 

Florian the Newsie Wolf Boy never disappoints!!!!

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
40 minutes ago, John M said:

If his car was repossessed, what makes it more likely that he continued to pay rent on a place he wasn't staying at? I think he was evicted and they boxed up his stuff and held it as a courtesy, which would explain a lot about everyone's behavior in the pick up situation.

Yes and yes to this!!! That is why he was acting so sketchy about the whole ordeal. He was probably renting a room and was well on his way to homeless (again cause apparently he was homeless when he first came to the US, resents Florian a bit for the lack of struggle) when Covid hit. Or yeah, he stopped paying and due to the eviction moratorium because of Covid, they legally could not evict him for reals but probably since he hadn't been around in a long ass time boxed up his shit. Someone mentioned he has been here 10 years----10 years and the man doesn't have one piece of decent furniture to his name? His now ex wife is probably thanking her lucky stars that Darcy came along when she did otherwise she may have had a harder time finalizing a divorce to the deadbeat. 

50 minutes ago, alegtostandon said:

What kind of info are D&S hoping to find from Georgie's friends? Why attack him in front his friends?

Plus I have a feeling Bulgarians are not big on being sneetches and sneetchy sneetchy people. lol

• Love 5
On 7/30/2021 at 11:24 AM, Stuckathome said:

SO true....I do not find him attractive at all, however, in the photo session pics, ok, Newsies outfit aside, i did find him to be more attractive than Darcey's first attempt at international love, Jesse. If you missed out on his season, please go watch on demand because it was comedy gold. With her heels stuck in the escalator, his parents who just have to be seen to believe.....etc 

As for Florian and his cheating...I agree, he probably did bang that woman in the pics, but to be fair (can't believe I am saying this), he was "dating" someone half a world away for about 5 years and didn't see an end in sight (that is what the other woman mentioned that he was getting frustrated with the distance and amount of time until he could get to the US, felt Stace was a bit pushy etc).....a young guy on his own and yeah, I can believe he slipped up. Is that ok? No. Cheating is despicable. But we have no idea what Stacey was doing over here in the meantime, or what arrangement they had between the two of them----I sort of got the feeling that maybe they did have some sort of open relationship, but weren't too keen on letting the world know. I felt like Stacey just didn't want to discuss the issue and was ready to drop it and move on; Darcey was the one that kept pushing and contacted the other woman and brought it on the show. Probably at the producers urging, to bring some more drama and help get the ratings for a new season. Stacey overall seems to be a little more level headed and private in that sense (I mean, she could have her kids on here, or she could have pimped out Florian for her own story line on 90 day, but did not and had been with him a few years by the time she showed up with Darcey). 

I totally watched that season.  In fact, I believe when the first episode of this season aired I believe they did flashbacks (unless I'm confusing this with another show) showing that infamous escalator/high heeled shoe scene again and AGAIN I laughed my ass off.

I remember the hippie, earth angel mother and the odd stepfather.  That couple was comedy gold, and I felt short-changed by how little exposure of them we got during that season of Darcey and Jesse.

You're completely right about newsboy's age combined with the distance factor.  Who knows what arrangement, if any, they had.  And if it was an "open" relationship back then, I doubt that Stacey would tolerate any such "openness" now that Newsie's here and they're married.

I also don't think that Darcey's intervention with the side piece was totally on behalf of Stacey, as much as some competitive part of her probably enjoyed bringing this private business of Stacey's to the TV viewing audience, thus showing that Stacey's not as superior to Darcey as she tries to portray herself to be.

Edited by Xebug67
Corrected angel vs. angle
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, alegtostandon said:

I was confused, they kept saying Georgie Porgie lived in DC but he really lived in Virginia. When I was a kid, my dad was a government rep for a pharmaceutical company, we lived about 30 minutes out of DC in Virginia but I would never say we lived in DC.

Odd that Georgie's boxes were all packed, ready to go. And, seemed as if he had more "donate" than "keep".

What kind of info are D&S hoping to find from Georgie's friends? Why attack him in front his friends? And for Florian to get involved and start yelling "your wife not happy!". 

Yeah his living arrangement looked pretty grim, his car got repo'd, his stuff was in plastic bags and boxes that looked like someone had wanted him out fast...my thought was they all piled in to the big Suburban with their big suitcases and I thought how will there be room for Georgi's stuff for the ride back?  I guess he was not taking much back with him.

Darcey and Stacey do a lot of talking with their eyes closed and their speech sounds garbled sometimes which leads me to think they are a bit drunk a lot, am I wrong?

I would give anything to see S&D navigate thru a particular adult that may or may not be still open on King Street in Old Town, it had some extreme toys, S&M equipment, cages, etc...just 5 minutes of them in that store that was all I wanted, lol.

What is wrong with having a 9 to 5 job, it seems that none of these 90 Day people have any clue about an actual job but instead make up companies that do nothing to earn them a living but somehow have money to pay the rent, what did they do before they were on this show and getting money from it, how did they get along with no visible means of support?

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I would give anything to see S&D navigate thru a particular adult that may or may not be still open on King Street in Old Town, it had some extreme toys, S&M equipment, cages, etc...just 5 minutes of them in that store that was all I wanted, lol.

Now THAT would have been amazing! So much better than seeing Kalani and her "special" boy Asuelo navigate an adult store. 

• Love 4
On 8/3/2021 at 9:08 AM, essexjan said:

Oh dear God, these women are a mess. Their pouty, judgy little faces with their jowl lines of disapproval already starting to etch into their faces, their obsession with "finding out the truth", the inappropriate, too-young, too-small clothes and the hair, the awful hair ...

I'd love to know how many outfits Darcey took with her to DC/Virginia. Georgi was wheeling several large suitcases that themselves were loaded with holdalls. And she still looked a hot mess! I thought that the outfit Stacey wore to meet the friends in DC, an A-line high-necked tunic/jacket - although way over-embellished with chains, sequins, studs, etc. - was a very flattering cut and shape for her and Darcey's figures, and definitely more classy than Darcey's 'Biker Momma' outfit.

The scene with Stacey and Florian when they were by themselves in DC was really nice. They were having fun and enjoying one another's company, having a laugh together. It was a welcome change to all the negativity, back-biting and accusations that dominated the rest of the episode.

I am confused by the timeline. It was only last week that D&S were talking about their planned trip to DC, and were also at the salon having their bad extensions taken out, yet this week we had this (which I am sure Stacey is mortified about).

zqxufpje11f71.jpg

I just can't fathom how no one has tried to style them better, or that they can't see just how awful they look in the clothing choices they make.  They literally look like boobs with legs.  They're so squat in stature that it looks like they have no torsos with those oversize boob shelves protruding over their stomachs.

I thought the amount of luggage they all took with them was insane, though probably almost none of it was the mens'.  All I could think was, 'You took that huge SUV so as to move Georgi back to Connecticut, but with all that luggage you're bringing, where the eff is HIS stuff from DC going to fit?'

I was flummoxed by that awful weave attachment on the back of Stacey's head.  I think these two have the absolute worst condition and looks-wise hair of almost any reality TV cast member's I've ever seen.

Edited by Xebug67
  • Love 7
On 8/3/2021 at 8:55 AM, bichonblitz said:

Ok, I'm going to say this and then ya'll can throw tomato's at me!

I think Georgie (despite maybe looking for sugar mamma's and being sketchy) is hot, hot, hot AF. When he was sitting there with his friends and the evil twins with that man bun and nice jacket all I could see is his gorgeous face. Same when Darcey was driving to his "room" and he was sitting in the passenger seat looking out the window. He is the one that should be a model, not Florian. He also has nice, normal friends unless they are paid actors. 

At least he never yells at Darcey, telling her to shut the fuck up like Florian does Stacey. He keeps his cool with that crazy lunatic. Florian has a scary temper.  Speaking of yelling, who in hell does Florian think he is yelling at Georgie about using Darcey and not paying for anything when he is doing the EXACT same thing! Georgie should have hauled off and punched Mr. Model square in the face!

Florian's temper scared the beJesus out of me during their first season.

As I previously mentioned, he seems to have gotten a somewhat tighter grip on his temper  this season, but for the modeling shoot and now with regards to Georgi.

That being said, in some warped way it was almost sweet the way he started barking at Georgie, kind of acting like a knight in shining armor rushing to the protection of his sister-in-law.  Hypocritical on his part?  Absolutely.  But in a weird way I believe his actions were sincere.  The thing I noticed about both he and Stacey is how they had seemed so protective of Darcey in the season where she and Tom flew to Albania to meet up with them.  Back then we had not been given any glimpses into Florian's short fuse.

• Love 3
On 8/3/2021 at 12:17 PM, KateHearts said:

These women don't understand that they will not be happy just because they find some "hot" (subjective) guy to put a ring on their fingers and say "we're twin flames" to. I honestly can't even understand what kind of connection they have with men who communicate at best in broken English, have no jobs, don't seem to have much motivation, and overall kind of suck.  

Darcey, especially, seems to think that "happiness" is exclusive of ordinary life, drama-free days and just letting things happen. Her constant analysis of everything, always talking about "this relashhhip" and acting like life is a Lifetime movie is absolutely exhausting. I would not be comfortable AT ALL with her constant referrals to "starting our life together," "getting to know the real Georgi," and the needy, longing stares. Her bawling to Stacy ("I did EVERYTHING RIGHT"...? which was- what? Gave him lots of sex? Provided a roof over his head?  

Stacy is horrible- under the guise of being the "caring sister" you can read on her face that she is secretly gleeful that Darcey is having problems with Georgi while she gloats to herself that she is "winning"- she is legally married to her so-called Prince Charming and is talking babies.  Watch the scene where she says something like "I want to like Georgi, but I have a feeling he's using you as a Sugar Mama..." I want to know what kind of money these women really have- sure, they get TLC money but the plastic surgery alone surely has added to tens of thousands at this point with no end in sight.  I think it's cruel but funny when TLC zooms in on the really bad-looking hair extensions (are they knotted in? Situated on plastic combs?) and the giant cleavage. 

I think any adult woman who still needs Daddy to make sure their prospective husband has "good intentions" and needs to take them out for a private man-to-man talk is in need of some very serious therapy. It's obvious that their father has stepped in to be a co-parent of Darcey's daughters and continues to be the twins' voice of reason (although it doesn't seem to work that well). He has provided them with housing, funded their business ventures and watched out for his grandkids over many years. Perhaps he is driven by guilt-? At any rate, their development has become stunted somewhere around the age of 13. 

Georgi and Florian should have their faces displayed under  the definition of "apathy" in Webster's Dictionary.

You totally nailed it with the Lifetime movie comment.  Whenever I listen to Darcey and Stacey drone on and on and on (mostly Darcey) about being in love, all I can think of is Rosie O'Donnell's line to Meg Ryan in the movie "Sleepless in Seattle":  "...That’s your problem. You don’t want to be in love, you want to be in love in a movie.”

I totally agree that there's a huge degree of satisfaction on Stacey's part that she landed the better of the foreign men, and has gotten much further along by being married to him.  I think until the day these two die there will always be an unspoken competition going on between them.

Speaking as a straight woman, I do not find their mammoth matronly mammaries to be the least bit sexy.  And as a woman I can and do see the attractiveness of many womens' breasts.  Emily Ratajkowski, for example, is a bombshell knockout.  These two twits, not so much.  They would both look insanely better if they reduced the size of these monstrous mammaries.  But then, what do I know.  I'm not inside the brains of men, who might be salivating over these two.  If anyone here also watches 90 Day Fiance, just look at how much Michael was in love with Angela's oversized dowager breasts.  There's no logic to it, but it was what it was.

I agree with you also that daddy seems to feel tremendous guilt for not having been around more during the twits' formative years, and is going overboard now to be the daddy he thinks he should have ideally been for them, as well as Darcey's daughters.  Though for all I know the daughters have an excellent relationship with Darcey's ex-husband.  Regardless, I do commend the father for how he is stepping up now, no matter how late in their lives he is doing so.  Every girl/woman deserves a daddy who would do anything for them.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, deirdra said:

Georgi keeping $1400 in a sock when he has no real home or local bank doesn't surprise me. He has probably kept his tip money in socks for years since putting it in the bank would alert the IRS to possible undeclared income.  Daddy's money is probably laundered through House of Eleven to D&S so they don't have to pay gift tax on it.  Hof11 probably loses money paying the "salaries" of D&S.

Isn't the rule though that a business at some point has to have earnings of some kind and not just losses, otherwise it's deemed a "hobby"?

• Love 2
On 8/3/2021 at 12:04 PM, John M said:

Did anyone else notice how much a bigger deal Darcey made about the sock money vs the repossessed car? 

Good catch! And if he had a stash of money in the sock, why didn’t he use it for car payments? He must figure he doesn’t need a car anymore since he will be chauffeured around in Darcey’s Range Rover from now on. 
also coming back to add: I thought it was funny when they showed charming Alexandria with well taken care of historic row houses, flowers, cobblestone streets, etc., then they cut to the exterior of Georgi’s humble little ranch style rental. 
and I also cracked up when Stacey was pointing out the “old” houses and Florian just scoffed as many Europeans do when Americans brag about our historical architecture. 

Edited by magemaud
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Stuckathome said:

Finally watched episode 3....wow...

Again, I know this is fake, but there are moments that make me doubt that----like the scene as they were driving and she mentioned picking up his car and he just drops the bomb that it is gone. The other three looked genuinely shocked. I LOVED that interaction----(paraphrasing) "What do you mean the the bank has it?" "Well, I didn't make the payments so they came and they took it." LMFAO.... Maybe that sock money could have gone to maintaining things like, oh I don't know, a car payment? Even Florian the undead made the point that a car is pretty essential.

I didn't think it was possible for a man to look more checked out and uninterested than Florian, but Georgi beat him in this episode. He looked freakin miserable to be in the car with her going ANYWHERE. His friends seem like decent, nice people----felt bad for them getting caught in the middle and I did appreciate that they just sort of stayed quiet as it went off the track into crazytown rather than jumping in (like Brandon's friends in HEA) and joining in the yelling. If these are his super good friends though, how did they never meet the wife?? Or was she just saying that to not have to answer any questions?? It seemed....odd. And yet, in line with friendships my ex husband had when we moved to the DC area. It's a very transient area because so many people come here to work for foreign NGOs, and in government and then leave when administrations change. He was not from the US originally and he had a large group of other Latin Americans he hung out with that I never really was comfortable around (despite having lived in LA and being fluent in SPanish) because I felt they were very superficial friendships. So, maybe this group really is the best he could offer? 

If anyone has seen season 1 of Dirty John, there is one episode where they show what John was actually doing during the time he was dating and meeting his mark, Deborah. That is what Georgi is starting to remind me of, more and more. If you haven't seen it, well then to summarize John (played by Eric Bana) presents himself as this clean cut MD all the while he is living in a trashed, filthy RV, doing a lot of drugs and trolling a LOT of different women online, blackmailing those who it turns out had BFs or husbands. The RV was sort of a gift from a sister, otherwise, John would have been homeless. Georgi even blurted out something about having been homeless when he came to the US. And, plug for that first season of Dirty John it is a true story and completely bonkers. 

While I do agree Stacey likes to stir the pot and cause drama, and there is a stupid rivalry with her sister when it comes to men, that doesn't mean she is wrong for pointing out the red flags she sees----cause there are HUGE red flags with this man. And she would be an even shittier sister if she sat back and kept quiet. Yes, she has issues with Florian but I don't see Stacey falling apart every other day and sobbing in her sister's arms the way Darcey does---and I can imagine it has been this way their entire lives. Stacey handles her shit---she didnt' seem too thrilled when Darcey reached out to Florian's video vixen last season. 

Both seasons of "Dirty John" were awesome.  I love me some Erica Bana (especially as Henry VIII in "The Other Boleyn Girl"), but I do now look at him differently ever since he played "Dirty John".  He did TOO GOOD of a job at it, LOL.  I've unsuccessfully been trying to find out if there is going to be a third season of the show.  I would be interested if they did a "Dirty John" about the Scott Peterson case.

Stacey totally handles her shit better than Darcey, in almost every way imaginable.  As far as "twinning" goes, that's where they diverge.  Darcey is an emotional (and often mental) basket case.  And though I do think a part of her enjoys Darcey's misery at times, she is doing the right thing of holding Georgi to the fire and bringing up any red flags she observes. 

I do think that it was nuts the way they were all pouncing on Georgi in front of his friends, and foolishly expecting his friends to come up with some dirt on Georgi that they would spill to this group. 

I am eagerly anticipaing the sit-down with the ex-wife though, who is a stunning looking woman.  At first glance she did not appear to be a plastic surgery junkie like Darcey.  I just wonder if she will be telling the truth or just lying so as to plant seeds of doubt in Darcey's head about the sugar mama website she is purporting to have found on Georgi's computer. 

• Love 1
On 8/3/2021 at 12:08 PM, essexjan said:

bad extensions taken out, yet this week we had this (which I am sure Stacey is mortified about).

They could have easily edited the scene so that clip didn’t show. I think production enjoyed making her look ridiculous 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

I thought when Florian was defending leeching off Stacey he said it was justified because he had recently moved here but Georgi had been here ten years.  So maybe the wife was already out of the picture before he met these friends.  I thought Georgi said last season they had been separated for a long time but never bothered to divorce.

That was a very valid point on the part of Wolf Boy.  He is somewhat "fresh off the boat" (to use a politically incorrect term).  Aside from modeling, though, I wonder what other job skills he'll be able to rely on, and for how long Stacey is going to be willing to be her own sugar mama to her husband before she finally tells him to shit or get off the pot.

The wife of one of the friends mentioned knowing Georgi for 4 1/2 years, and his divorce was only just recently finalized, so there was definitely overlap with the wife and the friends.

2 hours ago, alegtostandon said:

I was confused, they kept saying Georgie Porgie lived in DC but he really lived in Virginia. 

Even Darcey seemed surprised when he directed them off the Beltway in Virginia instead of inside the District. 

• Love 3
29 minutes ago, Xebug67 said:

The wife of one of the friends mentioned knowing Georgi for 4 1/2 years,

My divorce(legal separation) from my first husband took 4 years, he is a judge and knows how to drag his legal feet, to add to things that when it finally came thru it was signed by our friend who is also a judge.  The point is Georgi was not sneaking around having Darcey as a side piece, people get engaged while finishing up previous relationship all the time, they could not get married until his divorce was finalized, really what is the problem?  If you are in your 40's and dating you are going to meet men who are separated or newly divorced, why is this a problem for Darcey?  It's not like they are really getting married anyway.

• Love 2
21 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

If you are in your 40's and dating you are going to meet men who are separated or newly divorced, why is this a problem for Darcey? 

OK, so as someone who started dating again in her 40s, I knew that most of the men my age or older would be divorced with kids or just have kids with someone and that would be a whole thing to deal with (I don't have any kids of my own). I was ready for that.....what I wasnt' ready for was a few months into my dating a guy that he fessed up that he was legally married. His version was that she lived 4 hrs away in another state, it was a stupid mistake---he had married her soon after meeting and immediately knew it was a mistake, but according to him he just couldn't get rid of her. He said he hadn't seen her in months and there was zero shot of them reconciling. I even heard the covid shut down teh courts excuse. AFter about a week I decided I could handle that-----I had practically lived at this guy's house and saw zero signs of a wife or other steady partner. Zip. He took me to all his local spots and introduced me to his friends. I had my doubts about the whole "haven't seen her in months" because looking back there were times I saw signs that a woman had been there, at least passing through----which he wrote off as his daughter had dropped by. My divorce was not technically final (but I had a date for court) so I thought, what the hell. I will forgive and let's move on----isn't like I was looking to get married again so soon.

Well, two months after I realized this person existed, she showed up pounding on the door in the middle of hte night insisting that they are very much married, I needed GTFO of HER house---flashed selfies of the two of them that she said were recent, lovey dovey texts, screaming at him that he was a cheating douchebag and that I wasn't the only one, etc. I was devastated. He insisted she is crazy and this was just an example of her not wanting to let him go. 

I share all of this to say----there can be a big difference in circumstances and I can see how Darcey would feel insecure about the situation. She claims she had no idea for a few months that he was married....he claims he told her right away but she was drinking and didn't remember. I think anyone would be thrown off and then add into that her insecurities and the way the last two relationships crashed and burned for the world to see on tv, I get her wanting some assurance that this is truly over, that he doesn't have any lingering feelings. 

Edited by Stuckathome
  • Love 2
19 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

I think in the preview for the season at least one gets a reduction in Turkey.

I’m sure they both do since they are playing up the “twin transformation” aspect of their makeovers 

Edited by magemaud
1 hour ago, Texasmom1970 said:

Everyone has a right to wear extensions if they choose. I wish they would have left their hair the way it was after they colored it at the salon. They looked so much better in my opinion.

It’s in the Constitution!

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
21 hours ago, alegtostandon said:

Yes, "your wife."

Even with the language barrier, I found that an interesting slip of the tongue.

Anyone know if Darcey and Georgi are perhaps already married?  🤔

• Love 2
On 8/4/2021 at 8:42 AM, Stuckathome said:

Again, I know this is fake, but there are moments that make me doubt that----like the scene as they were driving and she mentioned picking up his car and he just drops the bomb that it is gone. The other three looked genuinely shocked.

If Darcy had known that Georgi didn't have a car anymore, would she have invited Stacey & Florian and brought enough luggage for a month-long vacation, leaving no room in the suburban for any of Georgi's stuff?  In the end Georgi only kept 6 boxes, which could have been shipped to him by his former "roommates". Why didn't HE take the donations to a drop-off station rather than leaving them outside for his "roommates" to deal with.  They are probably already fed up with him not paying rent.

Facial & lip fillers and plastic surgery always seem to make the ugly cry faces a lot worse.  Ha ha.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 8/4/2021 at 9:50 AM, Stuckathome said:

Yes, he could have been hustling doing SOMETHING. I keep flashing back to the pic of him in that ridiculous fur coat he insisted she buy him on HER birthday. You are unemployed, losing your car and you ask her to spend $$ on that BS? 

He was hustling his latest Sugar Mama.

• LOL 3
21 hours ago, Xebug67 said:

Isn't the rule though that a business at some point has to have earnings of some kind and not just losses, otherwise it's deemed a "hobby"?

3 yrs in a row of no profits/no taxes  is the IRS maximum to stay out of "hobby" status (no deductions allowed), but Daddy probably orchestrated a slight profit every third year. He mentioned hiring someone to run the place in Beverly Hills when the twins got too busy chasing foreigners to worry about "their" business.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Persnickety1 said:

Yes, "your wife."

Even with the language barrier, I found that an interesting slip of the tongue.

I think it was a language issue, I can’t imagine they have gotten or will ever get married. But, I’ve been wrong with several 90 Day couples. Production seems to zero in on their differences and arguments and by the end of the season I’m positive they’re parting ways, next thing I know the woman is walking down the aisle at her wedding. Of course, with some couples, that’s just the start of their troubles but it seems to assure them a spot on HEA? and now I’m wondering who will STAY together. Plus, one member of some of the couples who split show up on “The Single Life.” 

I also wondered if it was a slip of the tongue and they already married, a la Luis & Molly---signed papers only, holding off for TLC to pay for the fancy show wedding ceremony. 

It's funny when Florian and Stacey showed up on the season with Tom, I thought they were a good couple. I didn't notice his temper, etc. and I remember thinking wow, her sister found a foreigner also and has been with him HOW long??? Hopefully (for Stacey's sake) the temper we saw last season was a combo of someone not comfortable with teh spotlight suddenly on camera 24/7 in a foreign country and then thrown into a pandemic lockdown. I agree that Wolfie does not really care one way or another about having a baby---it's more Stacey thinking it will seal them together. 

2 hours ago, deirdra said:

f Darcy had known that Georgi didn't have a car anymore, would she have invited Stacey & Florian and brought enough luggage for a month-long vacation, leaving no room in the suburban for any of Georgi's stuff? 

I agree....also, even though yeah, the idea to do a couples trip was probably ALL production driven, it makes sense that if she thought he was driving his car back with his stuff, she wanted some company for her drive home. She could drive the SUV with her sis, Wolfie could ride shotgun with Georgi in his pinto full of trash

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

I find it astounding that the twins can feel happy and satisfied in these relationships. The men are so sparse in their speech and flat in  both their facial and emotional expressions - like trying to remain engaged with a slab of concrete if you wanted to converse for more than five minutes, or on a subject of any depth beyond "do you like my extensions?"  Maybe they are less robotic off camera.

Edited by ChristmasJones
  • LOL 3
  • Love 10

I'm starting to like Florian a little bit... he seems to have a minimum of common sense (when he said that Georgi's ex wife will not depict herself badly in front of Darcy, of course). I know it's not much, really!  Plus I love mocking him when I talk with Mr. jojo. I start every sentence with "Understand, my angel".

To know 'the real Georgi', why doesn't Darcy just TALK to the poor guy,  instead of asking the ex wife, ?!?!?!

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
8 hours ago, seasons said:

Florian:  "I no can eat this. Jesus Lord."

I was dying with laughter as well, that was fantastic. Also when he said, "I have Darcey back." I know, I know what he meant, but the omission of that 's just made me imagine Darcey's back in all her too tight clothes with the fat spilling over the sides. From now on if I try on something and it is too tight in the back I will say I have Darcey back. :D 

I thought Wolfie showed a lot of common sense as well when he told Stacey it was a bad idea to talk to the ex....and I loved his reaction at the end when G pretended he didn't even know what Sugar Mama meant. 

I also thought it was great editing to show how the two couples ended their evenings.....F&S have a mature discussion that even though they disagree (talking to the ex) they talked to each other with respect then put all that aside to have some sexy time in bed. Meanwhile you have G&D barely speaking, her ugly crying and him basically saying well go to bed then, no one is stopping you and walking out. WTF did he even go? I mean, yeah they are in Alexandria, there are bars and restaurants around but this was last year when stuff had restricted capacity and closed down early for covid reasons. 

I am surprised his ex didn't trash him more, she really just sort of confirmed what even we have noticed as viewers. That he is closed off, likes to be spoiled....I loved her reaction to Darcey explaining how much $$ she has spent on him and that she bought him clothes. That and her comment about him really only ever dating black women, except for the one white woman who was older and had some $$---I think Octavia thinks that he is just using Darcey, but she didn't want to be cruel and come right out and say it. I admit, I don't know what she saw in Georgi either, she seems like a polite classy woman. 

• Love 4
5 hours ago, jojo3couleurs said:

To know 'the real Georgi', why doesn't Darcy just TALK to the poor guy,  instead of asking the ex wife, ?!?!?!

I agree to some extent, however, I think there is a lot that he told her that she is now seeing was not true. For ex, the living situation.....not sure if it was the producers but I feel like they always said he had an apartment in DC. Now, DC apartments are wicked expensive and I imagined he was in a shitty studio or maybe shared a rowhouse with some roomies since he was separated. But nope, he is in a room in some run down suburb in VA. A room she wasn't even allowed to see---as mentioned earlier, I have a feeling he hadn't payed rent in a while and they already boxed up his crap. notice he didn't even have any decent furniture to move? Ditto for the car----he didn't tell her until they were pulling into VA that oh by the way there isn't a car to pick up, the bank took it. So, at this point, can she trust a word the man says? 

• Love 5

Darcey needs answers to questions that are never asked, or that have been asked so many times they are meaningless.  Do you love me?  Are you using me (while she is most certainly using him to stay on tv).  Breathless and sweaty, this independent and strong woman needs answers.  I need an answer:  what are the questions?

This all began imo with Stacey's envy.  She is married to a rat-faced boy who could never in anyone's opium fueled dream find work as a model; Florian is the ugliest man I've ever seen on tv.  Georgi is at least hot if only in a dumbass kind of way.  At least he's not rat-faced.  Stacey must therefore get Darcey to dump Georgi; Darcey is willing because what else has she got going to keep her on tv?

I honestly sat here and laughed out loud at Darcey's emotional self torture over needing Answers.

I need an answer too.  Why does god Herself allow this shit on my tv?  I pay lots of money for quality entertainment, like Jesse dodging Louies, not this drek.

On rereading, Florian is not so much rat-faced as opossum-faced.

image.png.33956f82ba2ccbad0fadb3f1e1691b75.png

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, seasons said:

Plate of oysters arrives at the table.

Florian:  "I no can eat this. Jesus Lord."

Dead.

💀

He said exactly what I was thinking and I laughed my ass off.  

I'm starting to warm up to Florian more, after seeing him and Stacey on the 90 DF Love Games and now in this season.  He had his moments in season 1, but this season I'm really enjoying him.  I also think, as bizarre a couple as they are, he and Stacey do have some sort of genuine connection/affection.  

I just love the way sketchy Georgi always answers a question with a question.  Whilst none of these people are the brightest bulbs in the chandelier, Georgi has definitely learned the art of deflection.  

Oh, and loved this:

"I don't know what a 'sugar mama' is."

Hey, Georgi, you're sitting next to one right now 😂

The previews for next week look like a treasure trove of snark.  I can't wait.  

Sometimes this tawdry shit storm is the highlight of my week (which says a lot more about the state of my boring life than the actual entertainment value of the show).  

• Love 6

I laughed at Florian and the oysters too, as that is also my reaction to them.

Darcey is about as subtle as a sledgehammer. "I have questions: Do you love me? How do you know you're divorced? Are you using me?" with no lead-in about how it's important to be honest with one another, please can we have an open, respectful and frank discussion, etc. No, it was BAM! DO YOU LOVE ME??!! while her face scrunches up into an ugly cry face as if she's a glove puppet and the person with their hand inside has just made a fist.

For those of you who say Florian will never make it as a model, I beg to differ; I have no doubt he'll be appearing as teh house model on the website of House of Eleven wearing some overpriced polyester/pleather tat that's been bulk ordered from Alibaba.com and paid for by D&S's dad.

• LOL 13
  • Love 4
14 minutes ago, Persnickety1 said:

Sometimes this tawdry shit storm is the highlight of my week (which says a lot more about the state of my boring life than the actual entertainment value of the show).

Last Monday I joined a Teams meeting at work where people waiting for the meeting to start were chatting about what they've been watching on TV. It was all box sets about politics, the environment, complicated political thrillers, etc. Someone said "what are your favourites, Jan?" "Oh, you know, RHONYC, Love after Lockup, 90DF, Hoarders, Darcey & Stacey..." As it was a video meeting, I saw a gallery screen of 9 people's jaws drop all at once.

(Note: I work for a very large financial services business and I am one of the senior people there. If they didn't know before that I'm as shallow as a kid's paddling pool when it comes to my entertainment preferences, well, they know it now.)

• LOL 17
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, essexjan said:

Last Monday I joined a Teams meeting at work where people waiting for the meeting to start were chatting about what they've been watching on TV. It was all box sets about politics, the environment, complicated political thrillers, etc. Someone said "what are your favourites, Jan?" "Oh, you know, RHONYC, Love after Lockup, 90DF, Hoarders, Darcey & Stacey..." As it was a video meeting, I saw a gallery screen of 9 people's jaws drop all at once.

(Note: I work for a very large financial services business and I am one of the senior people there. If they didn't know before that I'm as shallow as a kid's paddling pool when it comes to my entertainment preferences, well, they know it now.)

I wonder if any of your co-workers actually watch this shit, too, but just didn't want to admit it.  😄

People are always shocked when they find out I don't watch mainstream TV and my favorite networks are TLC and Bravo (I'm also a hardcore ID Discovery addict but that doesn't cause the same jaw-dropping reactions as TLC and Bravo). 

• Love 6
On 8/3/2021 at 1:30 AM, renatae said:

That would be a good answer as to why he didn't want Darcy to meet them. That whole scene was ridiculous. She couldn't meet his roommates even wearing a mask and distancing herself. Smells like 3 day old fish.

Darcey probably does too! 

When will Darcey learn that if you have to ask your “fiancé” if he loves you every single fucking day, he probably doesn’t. 

Edited by nytonc
  • Love 8