Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

42 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

First, Darcey getting hurt is what Darcey is all about, she thinks that using the hurt angle on her next boyfriend will make her look vulnerable and in need of rescuing, as in the next man would feel sorry for her and tell her how he hates seeing her so sad and falls in love with sweet, vulnerable Darcey who does nothing but open her heart and gets it broken like the delicate china doll she is. 

Darcey would accept a ring around the collar.  Remember, she accepted the fake engagement ring in a windmill from Jesse, it was a fake engagement ring in every respect (which is funny because you can literally go see diamonds being cut in Amsterdam).  

Georgi could give Darcey a key and she would be thrilled and not even realize she does not know where Georgi lives.

I agree 100%!

I want to discuss further the whole "We are twins, we are sisters, we have this energy!" I was watching/listening to a rerun on Hulu ast night and I don't remember the exact episode (does it matter?) and it was rough to listen to:  "Well, Darce, I want to be happy for you, but..."  "Just say it, Stace!'  "No, it is fine....you know....whatever......"  "I just think you are rushing it, but......whatever....."  and that "whatever" has a snotty passive aggressive tone that is just.....yuck.  You are not 14, you are 45.

What does Stacey see in Florian the Man Wolf?  Grungy, looks like he has not showered, mumbles, says "Yes my angel!"every other sentence and is seemingly unemployed.

As for her friends not wanting to see her hurt....duh.  Don't we all want what is best for our friends?  Having said that it is not my job to grill my friend's new SO over drinks and oysters.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I know, so fake.  I will be in Miami in December and I entertained the idea of buying those awful pants with the matching shirt and strolling in to the Versace Mansion turned hotel (room prices are nuts so no reservations for me), and sitting at the bar until they throw me out for wearing ugly, fake Versace.  

You’d think after the murder people wouldn’t flock to stay there.  I guess if The Dakota were turned into a hotel people would stay there too.

1 hour ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Darcey would accept a ring around the collar. 

Is that commercial still running?  Haven’t seen one in years.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

What does Stacey see in Florian the Man Wolf?  Grungy, looks like he has not showered, mumbles, says "Yes my angel!"every other sentence and is seemingly unemployed.

And walks like a kyphotic old man.  I keep waiting to see a cane appear in his hand.  

Maybe he needs to feed from the blood of a virgin to rejuvenate. 

Obviously sucking the silicone from Stacey's lips isn't doing the job.  

• LOL 10
On 10/8/2020 at 3:51 PM, Baltimore Betty said:
On 10/8/2020 at 2:25 PM, StatisticalOutlier said:

Side note, it took me four years to get a divorce, my ex is a judge...not a fun four years. 

I really feel your pain. My ex is an attorney and it took me 3 years to get my divorce finalized.   He didn’t want the divorce and knew how to work the system (delay, delay, delay).  It was difficult to even find an attorney to represent me, no one in this  small, close-knit legal community wanted to go against him. 

Not sure why Darcey is so upset by dating a “married” man, it’s not like she has any other moral standards.

• LOL 5
  • Love 6
14 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

You left out the house where Darcey's daughters are currently living--I assume with their father. 

Mike said the girls were quarantining with him, not their father, and I'm pretty sure he meant in the Middletown house that he bought for the family. I also think the twin's mother (I still think she looks like Mrs. Patmore) lives there full time while her ex husband only stays there occasionally when he's not away on business. I recall before Darcey went to meet Tom last season she said something about her mother was going to be taking care of her girls while she gallivanted off to London and they were filming in that house. 

• Useful 1
5 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

"Well, Darce, I want to be happy for you, but..."  "Just say it, Stace!'  "No, it is fine....you know....whatever......"  "I just think you are rushing it, but......whatever....."  and that "whatever" has a snotty passive aggressive tone that is just.....yuck. 

You nailed it! The same conversation over and over and you can reverse the Darce and Stace. I'll also add Darcey often says, "blah blah blah, but...that'sokay", attempts to pucker her lips and shrug her shoulders. 

image.png.c4fd9ad68459cb513ed781cf151cc96d.png

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
21 minutes ago, GrammyPammy said:

I really feel your pain. My ex is an attorney and it took me 3 years to get my divorce finalized.   He didn’t want the divorce and knew how to work the system (delay, delay, delay).  It was difficult to even find an attorney to represent me, no one in this  small, close-knit legal community wanted to go against him. 

OMG, you too!? Everyone in my town knows my ex from his trial days and about 20 years ago he became a judge, our friend signed our divorce decree, he should have recused himself but whatever, it is done.  I doubt there is any difficulty in getting the divorce finalized for Georgi it is a matter of filing the paperwork but Darcey will probably dramatize the reasons she thinks is stopping things like the wife still wants him, there is a great deal of money at stake, he does not really want to be divorced, etc...Darcey will be making a big deal about this for a very long time and will tell her next "boyfriend" about how this guy was married but did not tell her, her narrative is always drama.

• Love 2
41 minutes ago, magemaud said:

Mike said the girls were quarantining with him, not their father, and I'm pretty sure he meant in the Middletown house that he bought for the family. I also think the twin's mother (I still think she looks like Mrs. Patmore) lives there full time while her ex husband only stays there occasionally when he's not away on business.

How many houses do they have?  I was thinking there's one where the dad lives (with a red door, maybe--the one where Stacey and Florian got married), and there's one where Darcey and Stacey live, which he also bought and in which he doesn't allow his daughters to have overnight gentleman callers. 

Which one does their mother live in?  The one with the red door, and her ex-husband just uses it as a hotel room when he's in town?  That's where Darcey's daughters are staying, so the other house is just empty?  And I guess they're not seeing their father at all?  I was under the impression they more or less split their time between their father and Darcey, and if Darcey's out of the picture, why not just stay with their father?

But all this reminds me that the pandemic has been pretty good to Darcey and Stacey, because they can use that as the reason they're living in hotel rooms with their boyfriends instead of at home because Daddy won't let them.  Strong, independent women indeed.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, magemaud said:

You nailed it! The same conversation over and over and you can reverse the Darce and Stace. I'll also add Darcey often says, "blah blah blah, but...that'sokay", attempts to pucker her lips and shrug her shoulders. 

image.png.c4fd9ad68459cb513ed781cf151cc96d.png

Ah gee....thanks!  Another thing Darcey does is flicks her fingers around when she talks.  And when she gave Florian the whole "I am watching you!" while pointing her index and middle finger at her eyes then going back and forth between them......Florian is not an undercover spy for the Algerian CIA.  He is an unemployed, angry, dirty Wolf Man.   Good Lord, had I sat down with my future sister in law and she pulled that on me, I would have gotten up and left.  I am a special education teacher from the midwest, not a nafarious spy.......(or am I?)

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
  • LOL 7
1 hour ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

How many houses do they have?  I was thinking there's one where the dad lives (with a red door, maybe--the one where Stacey and Florian got married), and there's one where Darcey and Stacey live, which he also bought and in which he doesn't allow his daughters to have overnight gentleman callers. 

Which one does their mother live in?  The one with the red door, and her ex-husband just uses it as a hotel room when he's in town?  That's where Darcey's daughters are staying, so the other house is just empty?  And I guess they're not seeing their father at all?  I was under the impression they more or less split their time between their father and Darcey, and if Darcey's out of the picture, why not just stay with their father?

But all this reminds me that the pandemic has been pretty good to Darcey and Stacey, because they can use that as the reason they're living in hotel rooms with their boyfriends instead of at home because Daddy won't let them.  Strong, independent women indeed.

The father lives in China and is just visiting.  He bought the house for the twins to live in.

• Useful 1
25 minutes ago, MrBuhBye said:

The father lives in China and is just visiting.  He bought the house for the twins to live in.

What house did Stacey and Florian get married on the porch as the clock tolled midnight?  (Sorry--I'd say I should watch the episodes more carefully, but I just can't.  Mainly FFing and dropping in every once in a while is all I can bear.)

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
37 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

What house did Stacey and Florian get married on the porch as the clock tolled midnight?  (Sorry--I'd say I should watch the episodes more carefully, but I just can't.  Mainly FFing and dropping in every once in a while is all I can bear.)

I have seen just one house.  In prior seasons the twins shared a condo. 

Okay I looked at pics of the house and the door was more of a clay Terra cotta color at first and then was painted red. This may be what is confusing.  It’s the same house.

39 minutes ago, MrBuhBye said:

I have seen just one house.  In prior seasons the twins shared a condo. 

Okay I looked at pics of the house and the door was more of a clay Terra cotta color at first and then was painted red. This may be what is confusing.  It’s the same house.

Where did "The Battle of the Bias" with Jesse take place?

Was that the condo or was that an Air BnB?

• LOL 2
10 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

What does Stacey see in Florian the Man Wolf?  Grungy

Dead

What house did Stacey and Florian get married on the porch as the clock tolled midnight

That was the house they were living in prior to quarantining with their “boyfriends”.  The Dad’s house.

3 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

I believe Darcey's ex lives in upstate New York. I'm just guessing that their mother lives in the house with them and Mike stays there when he's in town. And, btw, what happened to the duplex the twins used to share? Stacey's ex, however, lives nearby in Middletown but there's never any discussion as to the whereabouts of her two sons. They could also spend time in Mike's house but are not filmed. 

• Love 1

So there's just one house and everybody lives in it?  Darcey and her kids when she has them, Stacey and her kids when she has them, Darcey's and Stacey's mom, and Darcey's and Stacey's dad when he's in town.  If that's the case, then it really is one household, currently with the grandparents and the granddaughters--that's who I was worried about as far as unnecessary exposure, since one of the granddaughters was almost sitting in her grandmother's lap.

Of course Darcey and Stacey shouldn't have been at the party if they're not living with the rest of those people, but I think they're "quarantining" at that hotel just so they can stay with their boyfriends, and not because of some virus. 

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

So there's just one house and everybody lives in it? 

It does have six bedrooms and six bathrooms, so all three generations could live there pretty comfortably. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, MrBuhBye said:

But daddy doesn’t allow boys overnight, hence the sad little studio apartments.

Daddy's house, Daddy's rules. I don't blame him, who knows what the twins have dragged home over the years in their never-ending quest for love. 

• Love 13

So, I don’t get it.  Darcey and Stacey are almost 50 years old.  Yet they and their dad act like they are in their 20s.  I mean, I am their age.  I make my own decisions and don’t need to run things by my parents (hypothetically as my parents are both gone).  
It’s such a weird thing, their dad talking like they are kids.  And Darcey and Stacey all about being good little girls. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
18 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Georgi could give Darcey a key and she would be thrilled and not even realize she does not know where Georgi lives

She never saw Tom’s house, either, but she must have had an address to return the “cheap ass, broke ass key” 

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
21 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

No, I don't think it is on anymore...I am just old☺️.

Yes, I am surprised that so many people want to stay at the Versace House too.

a flamboyant co worker of mine went to the Versace Hotel for drinks not to stay he said it was too expensive, he went with his "Room mate"

• LOL 2
6 hours ago, Meowwww said:

So, I don’t get it.  Darcey and Stacey are almost 50 years old.  Yet they and their dad act like they are in their 20s.  I mean, I am their age.  I make my own decisions and don’t need to run things by my parents (hypothetically as my parents are both gone).  
It’s such a weird thing, their dad talking like they are kids.  And Darcey and Stacey all about being good little girls. 

I agree.  They both remind me, not in a good way of how Nicole of Nicole and Azan, talks to her mom.  Sometimes she is a petulant child (okay most of the time) and it just seems off that they have to seek permission from him.

7 hours ago, magemaud said:

who knows what the twins have dragged home

I shudder to think!

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

9 hours ago, magemaud said:

She never saw Tom’s house, either, but she must have had an address to return the “cheap ass, broke ass key” 

She used domestic stamps so if she actually mailed it not likely it reached the UK.

One of the many useful things I’ve learned watching this franchise is that it is allowable to use domestic postage on foreign mail as long as you use the required equivalent amount of stamps. Tom said he never received it and that’s understandable because that envelope would have had to be practically covered in Forever Stamps!  

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, magemaud said:

One of the many useful things I’ve learned watching this franchise is that it is allowable to use domestic postage on foreign mail as long as you use the required equivalent amount of stamps. Tom said he never received it and that’s understandable because that envelope would have had to be practically covered in Forever Stamps!  

Maybe she mails in pennies to pay her utility bills.

• LOL 1
12 hours ago, magemaud said:

Last time I checked Tom was living in a bedroom at his parents house, did he finally toss the diaper, pull on some big boy undies and get a place of his own? 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1

Thanks, y'all, for clearing up the housing situation. 

12 hours ago, Meowwww said:

Actually, this might be the least weird thing about them.  Well, once you accept the fact that they're still living at home, which is definitely weird, but if you get past that, then all the behavior based on it seems reasonable. 

Now...why they would accept "dad's house, dad's rules" at their age is beyond me.  The good news is that it means their kids aren't exposed to men sleeping over (and I'd bet my life that that has nothing to do with why they acquiesce), but the bad news is that instead of just having the guy spend the night, Darcey talks at great length with her teenagers about her relationships. 

They are such a mess.

2 hours ago, magemaud said:

You can cover an envelope in stamps.  I came into a boatload of old stamps, like 3- 4- and 5-cent ones.  I was once mailing a magazine article to someone in a manila envelope, and looked at all those stamps and decided to send the whole magazine.  The front of the envelope was completely covered in those small-denomination stamps, adding up to the amount of postage required, with little clearings for the address and return address.  The post office delivered it.

1 hour ago, MrBuhBye said:

Maybe she mails in pennies to pay her utility bills.

I once got a bill from MCI (long distance company, perhaps familiar to oldsters) for 3 cents.  I taped a penny to it, and wrote on there that I'd send the rest later. 

• LOL 8

I just want to note that Darcey is herself divorced, you think her desperate pathetic ass waited to date until the divorce was finalized? And these sad pathetic women all worked up about being strong and powerful but have apparently claimed zero agency for themselves ever, it's not a good look. I did not once ask my parents their opinion once about my boyfriend, my decision to marry him, hell, my parents didn't even have my home address for like well over a year after I moved in with my boyfriend.

And finally, weddings are complicated and difficult, marriage is not, it's just a little bit of paperwork. Stop acting like it was such a big deal and not a rash impulsive decision.

• Love 5
35 minutes ago, John M said:

And finally, weddings are complicated and difficult, marriage is not, it's just a little bit of paperwork.

True!  I have already warned my sons that if you choose to have any kind of wedding affair with guests, you will shed more tears and blood over the guest list than anything else.

The post office delivered it.

I knew someone who mailed an inflated beach ball to someone.  USPS mailed it!

4 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

Last time I checked Tom was living in a bedroom at his parents house, did he finally toss the diaper, pull on some big boy undies and get a place of his own? 

I doubt it. I think he just didn't want Darcey to see he was still living in his childhood bedroom (probably with a twin bed.) 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

Now...why they would accept "dad's house, dad's rules" at their age is beyond me.  The good news is that it means their kids aren't exposed to men sleeping over (and I'd bet my life that that has nothing to do with why they acquiesce), but the bad news is that instead of just having the guy spend the night, Darcey talks at great length with her teenagers about her relationships. 

They are such a mess.

Jmo but I think they accept daddy's rules because it reinforces their delusion of still being young, innocent, teenage girls and their boy friends have to get daddy's approval.

They often shove their own teenage daughters/nieces out of the way and take over rapping, or dancing or acting silly like they are peers of Darcey's daughters not their nearly 50 yr old mother and aunt.

I laugh at their antics but when you really think about their behaviour it's kind of scary and so pathetic, you can't hold back time, you can't look young forever and these two nitwits seem ill prepared for the reality of aging, menopause etc... Even people who can afford every type of cosmetic surgery, injections, facials and everything else can't hold back time.

The Silva twins don't do the most important things to stay young.... exercise, healthy diet and lay off the BOOZE!

I see a lot of "Whatever happened to Baby Jane" in their future.... In fact they're almost there. 😲

During the restaurant meeting with the two friends I sat there with my mouth open....Stacey barging around like a bull in a china shop in that fake Versace outfit with Florian trailing behind like her gangly teenage son looked so ridiculous, her hair up in that scarf emphasizes her eye bags, jowls and double chins.... Stacey needs someone to hold a mirror so she can see her own profile.... and wtf did Darcey have herself poured into... I don't even know how to describe her outfit because it was so over the top for casual dining on a patio.

I'd like to think it's all an act but I don't think it is.

• Love 8

My opinion on living by Daddy's rules is these two don't act like the average 46 year old.   They worked when they wanted to, then lost interest when they were "searching for love".   Normal adults have to, oh IDK, act like adults..  We have work, responsibilities, bills to pay,  taking my kid to the dentist, orthodontist.   These two act like 13 year old girls with their first BF.  I think Daddy takes care of them for the sake of his grandchildren.   

I hate listening to Darcey whine about love when there are really people suffering in this world.  Real suffering.  Sorry, I'm stepping down from my soapbox now.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, Azanscrazyhair said:

I hate listening to Darcey whine about love when there are really people suffering in this world.  Real suffering.  Sorry, I'm stepping down from my soapbox now.

I agree.  There are people truly suffering here in the USA from Covid, cancer, being homeless, food insecurity, etc. 

• Love 3
15 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

Even people who can afford every type of cosmetic surgery, injections, facials and everything else can't hold back time

Have you seen Jane Fonda lately?  I can't say I think she looks good, but that's only because she so clearly doesn't have the face of an 82-year-old woman.  But by any objective standard, she has definitely held back time.

2 hours ago, Azanscrazyhair said:

I think Daddy takes care of them for the sake of his grandchildren.  

I can see that.  I just hope his tactic is more successful for them than it is for Darcey and Stacey, who are just soooooo messed up.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

Have you seen Jane Fonda lately?  I can't say I think she looks good, but that's only because she so clearly doesn't have the face of an 82-year-old woman.  But by any objective standard, she has definitely held back time.

I know what you mean but I can tell they're old, sort of like a wax museum.. Something isn't quite right.

My sister and I went to see Cher in Vegas, front row seats, it was amazing and she looked great but when she was right in front of us we both said you could tell she was older.

There's just something about the face that isn't right, you can tell it's not a young person.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

Episode 10:

"Trouble in Paradise"

Stacey and Florian head to Rhode Island and invite Darcey and Georgi to join them; Darcey questions Georgi about another woman, putting thier relationship in jeopardy.

Airs October 18, 2020.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

I  wouldn’t mind seeing them on Botched, where they belong.

I don’t think they’d qualify, because those patients realize that there is something about their past surgeries that requires correction. They often turn away the famewhores who want more surgery or are trying to achieve a result for purely cosmetic reasons. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, magemaud said:

I don’t think they’d qualify, because those patients realize that there is something about their past surgeries that requires correction. They often turn away the famewhores who want more surgery or are trying to achieve a result for purely cosmetic reasons. 

So.... Larissa.  JKLOL she doesn't have any self awareness either. 

One of my coworkers asked when the first time we saw D&S were.  I said I wasn't sure, but it was in the last few years.  She was agahst - she honestly thought they'd aged 15 years since Amsterdam Darcey's debut.  

Edited by ALittleShelfish
hit send too soon
  • Love 2

You'll have to show your coworker these two photos (probably taken less than four years apart) The Amsterdam season was broadcast 2017. 

image.png.a1368b3706fbb3c9ceb15fd85eedde10.pngimage.png.dd478268235a7417140db4d4026636ed.png

1 hour ago, ALittleShelfish said:

So.... Larissa.

Exactly. But since her goal was to look like Kylie Jenner and she is pleased with the results, she'd never consult with the Botched surgeons anyway. 

• Love 2