Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E04: The Majestic 12

• Start Topic

(edited)

One of the things I am really enjoying about the season is none of the siblings are incredibly anxious to get involved with Five and his quest to save the world.    They all have made their own lives and their own problems and Five actually interrupts them at crucial moments.  

Sissy and Vanya is the most beautiful and heartbreaking thing....

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 7

I didn't see Sissy and Vanya coming but I'm glad that she finally has a happy relationship. Unfortunately it is probably going to end badly as everything in this show seems too. I was glad to see her use her powers to save the kid. I found that story way more interesting then the others. Like I really don't like the Alison and Luther sub-plot. It's just weird and awkward. 

I'm wondering if their "father" actually took the place of the real guy. Just as the mother was a real person and the Polo was normal was well. I didn't read the comic books so this is just based on the show.

• Love 3

Well okay then, maybe Lila didn't lie so much as dodge the truth a bit with telling Diego that her parents were murdered when she was four? I was really happy in her nonchalent refusal to kill Diego - no, The Handler, it wouldn't make her feel better, pretty sure she 'likes' likes Diego.

So Luther losing the fight is going to be the financial setback that pushes Ruby into killing Oswald? Also, I'm so psyched that both Luther and Vanya agree with my assessment from the last episode that Five is an asshole!!!

Diego meeting the model for Mom was sweet. That's going to be some motivation for him.

I missed mentioning this in previous topics, but Kevin Rankin? Is always welcome in anything I watch, and he's rocking the role of Elliott. "Want some nitrous?" Luther seems to have the best scenes with those from outside the Academy.

Five trying to break the Swedes neck was cute. Some great fighting in that scene, and I wonder how Lila will explain helping Five and not Diego?

I had wondered about Sissy and Vanya - it felt like there were a few longing looks, so when they sat on the couch, I was pretty sure I knew it was coming. So sad.

• Love 6
12 hours ago, blueray said:

I didn't see Sissy and Vanya coming but I'm glad that she finally has a happy relationship. Unfortunately it is probably going to end badly as everything in this show seems too. I was glad to see her use her powers to save the kid. I found that story way more interesting then the others. Like I really don't like the Alison and Luther sub-plot. It's just weird and awkward. 

Really? I thought that was pretty much telegraphed in an earlier scene from a prior episode where Sissy is holding Vanya's hand and asking her about the callouses. I kind of love that this show is just letting Klaus and Vanya just be without putting any labels on it.

• Love 16

I saw Sissy and Vanya coming from a mile away. Their chemistry is palpable and it seemed very natural, but not a surprise at all. 

There were no subtitles for whatever Five said to Hargreaves at the end, I wonder what it was. I assume it was intentional and we'll find out later.

• Love 8
21 hours ago, blueray said:

Just speculating, but Vanya charged Harlan up with something when she saved him right?  Maybe he’s going to cause the new apocalypse.  Because it’s always Vanya’s fault.  😀

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
9 minutes ago, TexasGal said:

Just speculating, but Vanya charged Harlan up with something when she saved him right?  Maybe he’s going to cause the new apocalypse.  Because it’s always Vanya’s fault.  😀

I am wondering this too. Unfortunately, I'm now ahead in the show, so I'll put this in spoiler tags as it applies to a later episode and in case it's relevant.

Spoiler

There's a scene I think it was the 6th episode. Where I couldn't tell if Vanya destroyed the window or Harlan did? He was also upset about his parents fighting.

Edited by blueray
8 hours ago, Daltrey said:

I saw Sissy and Vanya coming from a mile away. Their chemistry is palpable and it seemed very natural, but not a surprise at all. 

There were no subtitles for whatever Five said to Hargreaves at the end, I wonder what it was. I assume it was intentional and we'll find out later.

Whatever Five said, it was in Ancient Greek. (No I don’t know what Greek sounds like, but that’s what the subtitle said)

• Love 1

I have no idea how I forget that Klaus is Klaus.  But when he was telling Allison the fable of the frog and the Scorpion and she exasperatedly asks what is the point, I was sure he was going to tell her the actual point (which really was relevant to their conversation) but instead he comes with a 'Frogs are bitches and we don't negotiate with terrorists."  I couldn't help but laugh.

I don't care what they say, and asshole be may be, but I love Five. 

Man, Lilah.  So really the fable of this story is everybody has a fucked up childhood. Still, I side eye her heavily.

Count me in as one who was not surprised by Sissy/Vanya.  I think they telegraphed them from the second(?) episode where they were picnicing in the barn. And really made it clear when Sissy was "reading" Vanaya's hands.

Aww. Luther's face when Allison hugged him.  To bad their dynamic is so fucked up because they are really good scene partners together and you almost... almost ... want to ship them. if it weren't for the sibling factor.

And then we get to 'Mom' and 'Reggie'.  Last season I wondered about Grace and her origins but she got lost in a lot of things. Now I am curious again,

Glad Diego beat the shit out of those Swedes.  You can tell all the kids have such a well of rage.

• Love 14

Five is an asshole but he's like a 60 year old man now that spent a long time alone in an apocalyptic world. Been doing the Rona thing for 5 months and I'm cranky as hell so I get it.

I feel bad for Luther and Allison but I just can't ship that. I still hope we see more of her husband and I wonder if her daughter will get a mention. That should be a really hard thing for her.

Oh Klaus. Dude, you can't forget it's 1963. What did you think the kid was gonna do?

Oh, and KISS disco. My fave.

• LOL 6
  • Love 11

What is it about the fable of the scorpion and the frog?! This is the third time I have heard it on TV or in a book in the last couple of months. Is that the go to parable of this time? So funny how Klaus managed to butcher it.

I also think Sissy and Vanya were broadcast from a mile away the very first episode they appeared in together.

I love Five, asshole or not, his first concern in all of this has always been stopping the apocalypse to save his family. He may go about things the wrong way and be really pushy but who wouldn't if they were basically retirement age and forced back into their teenage selves. 

All the siblings had me getting major feels this episode!

8 hours ago, DearEvette said:

Glad Diego beat the shit out of those Swedes. 

Looked pretty close to Batman in that fight! 

• Love 8

I definitely saw Sissy and Vanya coming, probably after their chat in the barn. I am glad that Vanya finally found someone who isnt a serial killer stalker, but I dont really see this ending well, sadly. 

Damn it Lila, I liked you! So I guess everyone around here has an incredibility screwed up childhood and were forced into becoming a child soldier by their abusive adoptive parent! I wonder if Lila will end up turning on the Handler, especially if she finds out that she lied about what happened to her parents? 

So mom was actually based on someone Reggie knew? I am very intrigued by what all is going on there, even if Diego just looks confused. Poor guy just looked so shocked and sad. 

Luther and Allison actually do work well together in their scenes, but its just impossible for me to be into a possible relationship because...their freaking siblings! Its weird, and even they probably know on some level that its weird, I really hope that they can find a way to being brother and sister and not whatever weird thing they are sometimes. Could probably be helped by Luther actually figuring out how to live in the world and form some actual relationships, he struggles so much with just existing alone in the world, so much that he went and found another old man to tell him what to do, its really sad. 

Oh Klaus, I feel so bad for you, but that was such a bad idea. 

• Love 4

I like the Frog and the Scorpion story.   It’s a elegant way of describing how some people will continue to go against their own self interest for no other reason then it’s just in their nature to and they will take anyone down who even tries to help them.  

Although I do feel bad for Luther and Allison I just can’t ship them.  It’s creepy.  

I am really hoping for a lot of Vanya and Sissy fanfic because me ship.   I feel bad for Carl even if I do ship Vanya and Sissy because Carl isn’t a bad guy.   This is one of those really fucked up situations that has no good outcomes.   It’s the sixties and even if she wanted to Sissy can’t just divorce Carl and take her son and run off with Vanya.    I believe Carl could legally Institutionalize both his wife and his son for mental illness if he so chose.     Having these brief affairs were what a lot of women did at the time.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, nomodrama said:

What is it about the fable of the scorpion and the frog?! This is the third time I have heard it on TV or in a book in the last couple of months. Is that the go to parable of this time? So funny how Klaus managed to butcher it.

The fable is SUPER overused. To the point that whenever a character brings it up, I expect the other person to say, “ Of course I freaking know it!” They did the second best thing here, with having Klaus completely bungle it. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

So Lila's parents were killed in 1993, she told Diego she was 4 when she found them, which means she was born in 1989, isn't that when the rest of them were born? So she could be one of the other miracle babies.

• Mind Blown 2
  • Useful 3
  • Love 11

I am loving the Allison and Klaus duo. They barely or didn't have any scenes last season, no?

I love 5, even though he is indeed an asshole! It's hilarious because I can't stand rude people in RL!  I like all of the siblings actually. The problem is he sees the imminent danger, lack patience, and doesn't see the value of normal niceties because they have no bearing on the bigger picture to him. His mission is noble though.

Luther break my heart the most, The isolation he was in damaged him socially. Allison became this life preserver he could be himself with. He needs a purpose, whereas the others are damaged, but they have some coping skilsl/purpose. Well, maybe except Diego - he's so combative that he draws social rifts to himself. Which leads me to, that well-done scene of him seeing Grace. 

The whole Mexican Consulate scene(s) were well done. Loved the dance scene, mostly because...Diego. Papa Hargreeves "know" someone was in the closet, was a nice touch. Thought that was interesting.

Yep, saw Sissy and Vanya coming miles away! I'm rooting for them but we know it won't end well, sadly. The Vanya water rescue scene was very Moses in the Ten Commandments! I was ready to start a riot if Harlan died. This show is an emotional workout, but in a good way, usually.

Edited by shoetingstar
  • Love 5

Huge continuity error, while Luther and Alison were hugging, all the people in the restaurant disappeared. At first I thought it might be symbolism of the coming Apocalypse, until they all reappeared again later.

I don't think that was an error either. I saw it as when they hugged the world dissapeared for a brief moment and it was just them, then came back when they let go. 

I was waiting for Vanya and Sissy to kiss since the first episode. I figured that's where their story was going. Sissy is much better than Vanya's previous serial killer love interest. 

Vanya not remembering her awful and traumatic childhood has done wonders for her controlling her powers. And she seemed to have given some of her power to Harlan. She is really the most powerful sibling. That's what still makes me think they were numbered by power level. 5, Ben (6) and Vanya (7) are by far the most powerful of the bunch or have proactive powers. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 9

I am glad that Vanya finally found someone who isnt a serial killer stalker, but I dont really see this ending well, sadly.

I don't think Sissy's a serial killer, but given this show, I make no assumptions. I agree that it can't end well. If nothing more, I don't think Vanya's going to be staying in this timeline.

I feel like I accidentally jinxed Klaus by complimenting his sobriety in the thread for the last episode. 

Did Dave see Ben in the end of the restaurant scene? I wasn't sure if that was supposed to be a foreshadowing of the death coming for Dave letting him see Ben or just an artsy shot.

I feel like the show wants us to be okay with Allison and Luther because they're not genetic siblings, but do we actually know that they're not? With that whole scattered energy thing in the Reginald flashback last season, I've been thinking of them as actual half-siblings through Reginald. I like Allison and Luther as scene partners, but I can't ship them for this reason. So I'd like the show to clear this up.

Did anyone catch what the Swede did to block Five and Diego's powers? Or what caused it to end?

• Love 3
On 8/2/2020 at 10:54 PM, shoetingstar said:

I am loving the Allison and Klaus duo. They barely or didn't have any scenes last season, no?

The only one-on-one Allison/ Klaus scene I can remember from season one was early on in the first episode, when she walks in on him plundering Reginald's study. Luther soon comes in, and it ends up as more of a Allison/ Luther scene. She did seem amused that Klaus appropriated her skirt, and Klaus looked absolutely shattered when they found Allison after Vanya cut her throat, so you got a sense they loved each other, but I'm enjoying getting to see their relationship in more depth now. I want to see Klaus and Vanya interact more, too. But mostly I just want everyone together! I am feeling bad for Diego especially because he's only gotten to see/ interact with Five (who really is such an asshole!). Klaus has similarly only met up with one sibling, but at least Allison is a fun sibling! (And of course Klaus always has Ben, not that he ever seems to appreciate that...)

• Love 7
4 hours ago, dargosmydaddy said:

The only one-on-one Allison/ Klaus scene I can remember from season one was early on in the first episode, when she walks in on him plundering Reginald's study. Luther soon comes in, and it ends up as more of a Allison/ Luther scene. She did seem amused that Klaus appropriated her skirt, and Klaus looked absolutely shattered when they found Allison after Vanya cut her throat, so you got a sense they loved each other, but I'm enjoying getting to see their relationship in more depth now. I want to see Klaus and Vanya interact more, too. But mostly I just want everyone together! I am feeling bad for Diego especially because he's only gotten to see/ interact with Five (who really is such an asshole!). Klaus has similarly only met up with one sibling, but at least Allison is a fun sibling! (And of course Klaus always has Ben, not that he ever seems to appreciate that...)

Thank you for the reminder about their (very small) moments in Season One. Having various pairings of the siblings is a show thing I have enjoyed. And hope this continues, while allowing them to have at least one or two they can safely confide in. I think they all are good people at their hearts (yes even Five lol) but damaged by emotional abuse of an effed up father. Emotional abuse is insidious, it gets into your ahead unless you find an antidote.

Another thing, I have do my Season 1 re-watch. I'm trying to remember if Allison and Diego being antagonist specifically toward each other was previously established?

• Love 3

Five is an asshole but he's like a 60 year old man now that spent a long time alone in an apocalyptic world.

I'd be an asshole too if I was trying to prevent a coming apocalypse and all my super-powered siblings acted like they had more important things to worry about.

I feel like the show wants us to be okay with Allison and Luther because they're not genetic siblings,

We don't know that they aren't genetic siblings, though. All their mothers became spontaneously pregnant at the same moment but we still don't know how or who fathered them. It's possible they are all paternal siblings.

I also think Sissy and Vanya were broadcast from a mile away the very first episode they appeared in together.

TBH I kind of wish they hadn't gone there, because it feels like they only did it because Ellen Page is gay in real life. That may not be the case but I don't like to see gay actors stereotyped into exclusively gay roles.

That's what still makes me think they were numbered by power level. 5, Ben (6) and Vanya (7) are by far the most powerful of the bunch or have proactive powers.

What number is Allison, 2? I'd rate her power as one of the most proactive. Ben's a good fighter but there's not a lot he can accomplish outside of that, whereas Allison can make just about anything happen.

Did anyone catch what the Swede did to block Five and Diego's powers? Or what caused it to end?

We've seen Five's powers fail him before, but I'm not clear what makes that happen. The same thing happened last season when Hazel and Cha Cha were chasing him through the department store after hours. He makes a fist with both hands then something seems to fizzle out. Then a moment later he's able to poof away like nothing happened. I don't get it.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, iMonrey said:

TBH I kind of wish they hadn't gone there, because it feels like they only did it because Ellen Page is gay in real life. That may not be the case but I don't like to see gay actors stereotyped into exclusively gay roles.

I just think they wanted to show what it might be like to be gay in the past, as well as what it was like to be black. 

I think LGBTQ people are stereotyping themselves into a corner when they demand that LGBTQ characters have to be played by LGBTQ actors. (As well as animated characters have to be played be they race they are portraying.) Then have LGBTQ people say that it is OK for LGBTQ actors to play straight characters. It is kind of hard to justify having it both ways.

• Love 1

24 minutes ago, AnimeMania said:

I think LGBTQ people are stereotyping themselves into a corner when they demand that LGBTQ characters have to be played by LGBTQ actors. (As well as animated characters have to be played be they race they are portraying.) Then have LGBTQ people say that it is OK for LGBTQ actors to play straight characters. It is kind of hard to justify having it both ways.

Is that demand really all that prevalent outside of Transgender roles and characters based on real people? This season UA has three LGTBQ characters and two of them are played by straight actors. Has there been criticism because Robert Sheehan is not LGTBQ?

3 hours ago, iMonrey said:

Ben's a good fighter but there's not a lot he can accomplish outside of that

Do you mean Luther? Ben can make an octopus monster, so that's more than just being a good fighter.

Do you mean Luther? Ben can make an octopus monster, so that's more than just being a good fighter.

No, I meant Ben. What purpose does an octopus monster serve other than in a fight? I grant you, it's a super power, but outside of a fight how is it useful or proactive?

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Dani said:

Is that demand really all that prevalent outside of Transgender roles and characters based on real people? This season UA has three LGTBQ characters and two of them are played by straight actors. Has there been criticism because Robert Sheehan is not LGTBQ?

You just hear it a lot now a days, Scarlett Johansson was playing a cyborg in "Ghost in the Shell", the brain was Japanese and the rest of her body was metal. People complained because the cyborg didn't look Asian. I just worry that people can become too restrictive when applying the rules, like the new Captain America/Batwoman can't be Black because he/she wasn't Black in the comics.

8 minutes ago, AnimeMania said:

You just hear it a lot now a days, Scarlett Johansson was playing a cyborg in "Ghost in the Shell", the brain was Japanese and the rest of her body was metal. People complained because the cyborg didn't look Asian. I just worry that people can become too restrictive when applying the rules, like the new Captain America/Batwoman can't be Black because he/she wasn't Black in the comics.

I was really referring to lesbian, gay and bisexual roles. This whole discussion is going off topic but I find it interesting that the conversation of LGTBQ representation comes up over Ellen Page but not Robert Sheehan or Marin Ireland. I don’t mean that to criticize anyone because it also occurred to me when Vanya went in that direction. 

On 8/4/2020 at 3:08 PM, shoetingstar said:

Another thing, I have do my Season 1 re-watch. I'm trying to remember if Allison and Diego being antagonist specifically toward each other was previously established?

They are kind of snarky to each other at times... Diego makes the crack about the next time they'll be together is at Pogo's funeral, and Allison is like, "Not if you die first," or something along those lines. And she snarks with Luther about his costume (though not while Diego is there). They did work together briefly (and show some slight-but-genuine affection for one another) right before Diego got arrested for  Patch's murder.

On 8/5/2020 at 12:40 PM, iMonrey said:

What number is Allison, 2?

She's 3.

• Love 1

I am really loving Lutjor this season, I found him awful last season (except for when he got high and went to the Rave). I'm glad they gave me a character to love because Tom Hopper was why I wanted to watch the show in the first place.

Five is an asshole but, he's awesome and I love him.

Poor Klaus 😌 I loved how he butchered the Scorpion and the Frog table.

Loved Diego and "mom". He really did love her. It was nice to see him reacting to Grace.

I love how they're mixing up the characters this season. We're getting more Diego/Five, Luthor/Vanya and Allison/Klaus. 

I saw the Sissy/Vanya thing and Diego/Lila from a mile away. They weren't just telegraphing them, they were dropping anvils. I don't like Lila so I hope she stays evil and, sides with the Handler. However, if this follows normal shows (please don't) she'll switch sides for Diego.

I can't tell if Vanya's powers brought Harlan back to life or if she gave him some of her powers...could he be daddy?

• Love 3
On 7/31/2020 at 3:17 PM, blueray said:

It's 100% going to end badly because that's how this show rolls, but I think they have absolutely fantastic chemistry and I enjoyed the little slice of happiness they got. Even if Vanya wasn't from a different time, this time was not kind to LGBTQ+ people and I just don't see Sissy taking that leap. 

On 8/1/2020 at 4:16 AM, Daltrey said:

I said I hoped they would get together in the first episode because the chemistry was so good. Even though they are undoubtedly doomed, I love how sweet and supportive they are of one another. There is something to be said for showing that sweet, quiet domesticity. 

On 8/1/2020 at 5:29 PM, DearEvette said:

I have no idea how I forget that Klaus is Klaus.  But when he was telling Allison the fable of the frog and the Scorpion and she exasperatedly asks what is the point, I was sure he was going to tell her the actual point (which really was relevant to their conversation) but instead he comes with a 'Frogs are bitches and we don't negotiate with terrorists."  I couldn't help but laugh.

I love Klaus so hard. I hate that he fell off the wagon after three years and I hate that he can't change the one thing he wants to change, but I do find him so incredibly entertaining and I am surprisingly protective of him. 

On 8/2/2020 at 11:32 AM, Chaos Theory said:

Although I do feel bad for Luther and Allison I just can’t ship them.  It’s creepy.  

I am really hoping for a lot of Vanya and Sissy fanfic because me ship.   I feel bad for Carl even if I do ship Vanya and Sissy because Carl isn’t a bad guy.   This is one of those really fucked up situations that has no good outcomes.   It’s the sixties and even if she wanted to Sissy can’t just divorce Carl and take her son and run off with Vanya.    I believe Carl could legally Institutionalize both his wife and his son for mental illness if he so chose.     Having these brief affairs were what a lot of women did at the time.

So creepy. I cannot sail in this ship. 

I feel like Carl is a bit of an asshole in the way that was considered 100%acceptable at this time. But I honestly believe he would institutionalize both cause he strikes me that way, which makes me less sorry for him. 

On 8/2/2020 at 9:54 PM, shoetingstar said:

I am loving tI was ready to start a riot if Harlan died. This show is an emotional workout, but in a good way, usually.

I truly believed he was going to be fine for story purpose and I was still a mess. 

• Love 1

I'm glad we were told how the Handler acquired a daughter.  I wonder why Lila's parents were killed? Wouldn't the assignment have called for the child to die as well? 

Diego either needs to wash his hair or cut it. It's totally killing his hotness!

Poor Klaus. How did he expect that confrontation to go well?  Dave had to do what his uncle commanded. 

The Hargreeves siblings just can't help stomping on all the butterflies, can't they?  I think it's funny that their mere presence causes apocolyptic shit to always happen. 

• Love 2
16 hours ago, Stardancer Supreme said:

I'm glad we were told how the Handler acquired a daughter.  I wonder why Lila's parents were killed? Wouldn't the assignment have called for the child to die as well? 

Diego either needs to wash his hair or cut it. It's totally killing his hotness!

Poor Klaus. How did he expect that confrontation to go well?  Dave had to do what his uncle commanded. 

The Hargreeves siblings just can't help stomping on all the butterflies, can't they?  I think it's funny that their mere presence causes apocolyptic shit to always happen. 

Diego wash his hair yes but he is HOT with the longer hair!

• Love 3

The Handler is so creepy. It doesn't surprise me that she  brainwashed Lila from that young age, in some facsimile of a motherly relationship. Creating female assassins through unsettling parental/torturer relationships is a fairly common trope.

It's a shame, because Diego and Lila are cute together.

But this time the Handler wants to protect Five? Is he the only one they want to protect, while killing the others?

Of course the first thing that Vanya and Luther bond over is the fact that Five is an arsehole. And at least Luther showed some restraint when he told Vanya she "had kind of a tough childhood."

It was pretty obvious that Vanya and Sissy were going to be a thing. Unhappily married woman in the 60s has her eyes opened by an attractive young woman, and Vanya has always been terminally lonely, whether she remembers it or not. Honestly, I'm over Harlan. Don't care. Kids rarely make compelling television, and one who is in a constant state of needing to be coddled/saved/protected really doesn't interest me. At least we got to see Vanya use her powers though.

While it's understandable that none of them want to drop their lives and help Five, it makes for a frustrating watch. Because as I said in the previous episode thread, this show is always better when the Hargreeves kids are all interacting with one another.

"The point is, frogs are bitches and we do not negotiate with terrorists." Um... kind of, I guess? I'm enjoying Klaus's cod-wisdom, mostly pulled from children's stories and songs. Not sure what he thought he was going to achieve by just approaching a teenage, confused David and laying it all out. Doomed to failure.

Meeting the woman that their mother was based on was cool. Another sign for Diego that Reginald did have some kind of emotional vulnerabilities.

Luther needs to move on. Alison is always going to find other things to care about, whether they're husbands, children or causes, and it's simply not healthy for him to be pining after her so pathetically. I loved him and Elliot bonding over their pathetic lives while getting high.

• Love 3
On 8/5/2020 at 9:40 AM, iMonrey said:

We don't know that they aren't genetic siblings, though. All their mothers became spontaneously pregnant at the same moment but we still don't know how or who fathered them. It's possible they are all paternal siblings.

I thought the end of S1 strongly implied that.

• Love 1
On 8/1/2020 at 3:29 PM, DearEvette said:

I don't care what they say, and asshole be may be, but I love Five. 

Man, Lilah.  So really the fable of this story is everybody has a fucked up childhood. Still, I side eye her heavily.

Count me in as one who was not surprised by Sissy/Vanya.  I think they telegraphed them from the second(?) episode where they were picnicing in the barn. And really made it clear when Sissy was "reading" Vanaya's hands.

Aww. Luther's face when Allison hugged him.  To bad their dynamic is so fucked up because they are really good scene partners together and you almost... almost ... want to ship them. if it weren't for the sibling factor.

And then we get to 'Mom' and 'Reggie'.  Last season I wondered about Grace and her origins but she got lost in a lot of things. Now I am curious again,

Glad Diego beat the shit out of those Swedes.  You can tell all the kids have such a well of rage.

You just said everything I was thinking about this episode. I am loving Klaus and Allison this season. I kind of want a T-shirt with the Frogs are bitches quote. 😜

• Love 1

Because Allison has the ability to form real loving relationships, while the others don't, I wonder if early in childhood she "rumoured" Luther. Early enough that she doesn't remember it. Which would give her at least one true friend in that hellhole.
Although I've been concerned that she doesn't seem to remember Claire at all this season.

If the mothers of all 43 children are normal humans, then the paternal genes become important.

But while most people think all women are XX and all men are XY, there are a few people who are XXY or XYY, or other odd combinations. The XYY came to light in the 70s with the Richard Speck case, so if all the mothers were XXY it would be possible to have only one parent and still produce both boys and girls.

I wonder how closely those very wierd pregnancies were looked at at the time.  And of course where are the other three dozen babies. (https://www.chstm.org/content/his-chromosomes-made-him-do-it-—-again)

Also.

Why does Lila have an English accent?
Sure she was born in Britain, but she was removed from there when she was four and raised by The Handler, whose accent is American. She should have an American accent. 
It's my experience that if someone is under 13 or 14 when they move where the dialect is different, they will quickly adapt that new accent. It's harder for older teenagers and for adults.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1