Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

On 8/14/2020 at 6:07 AM, The Companion said:

Y'all, I can't believe I got sidetracked, but can we please talk about The Handler's exquisite militaristic Cinderella cosplay (Major Ella? Cindersoldier?). The epaulets to show her power? The freaking TIARA AND SASH? I could write an essay on the brilliance of the costume design for her. 

She looks like Generalissima Elsa to me in that outfit.

On 8/11/2020 at 9:01 PM, dargosmydaddy said:

I don't think Luther has done anything useful, like, ever.

I think he might have? I know last season he got all flustered about the moon "research" being a ploy to just give him something to do and not a real mission, but if Reg was indeed dealing with the shady whoevers in '63 because he wanted something from the dark side of the moon, then possibly that wasn't a nothing after all.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
On 8/8/2020 at 11:09 AM, moonorchid said:

his line of how he was faithful and provided and didn’t “resent” sissy for Harlan’s condition.

Ooh, that's where Carl totally lost me. I had a little sympathy for him before but F that.

On 8/13/2020 at 9:08 PM, The Companion said:

I think it's hard to argue anything else. Sissy says she will never get him back. Carl isn't taking him to the ER. He isn't calling his doctor. He is getting rid of Harlan. And coincidentally after he said Vanya's name.

He was totally getting rid of Harlan. That's what he wanted all along. Harlan is a burden to him. Embarrassing.

And the kid finally speaks...wasn't he even a little curious to see if Harlan could say more? If something positive had happened? No, because he just wants his weird kid gone, and wants to erase any trace of Vanya.

On 8/20/2020 at 10:22 AM, Danny Franks said:

Then Ben comes through for them because... of course Vanya's powers can't affect him. He's not corporeal.

The scene between Vanya and Ben was so good. Ellen Page's distress and self-hatred was palpable. "You aren't a monster, you're my sister" is probably what Vanya has always needed to hear. And for someone to believe in her so wholeheartedly. I actually teared up a bit when Ben asked for a hug, and didn't even get to finish it before Vanya wrapped her arms around him.

From the moment they arrived I was wondering where Ben was. I wasn't sure what a  ghost could do, but he was the only one who would be able to get through Vanya's radiating energy, physically! (When that started I was like OH YEAH there was a warning about strobing lights at the start. Here they are!) The acting was so good in that moment when he asks for that hug. The way he said "it's been so long" and the look on his face when she grabs him. *sniff*

• Love 7
10 hours ago, RoberTee said:

Some thing's bothering me since the first season: what was Five originally doing in Dallas? It couldn't be killing JFK, because that happened anyway in both timelines, Oswald did it. So what? 

I believe Five was the Second Shooter on the Grassy Knoll. There's a ton of conspiracy theories about a magic bullet and the mysterious 2nd shooter

• Love 2

I just rewatched Season 2 in preparation for the new season, and I am still confused about which Five needed to go back to 2019 in order to restore the timeline. I understand that they were fighting about it because neither one wanted to stay in 1963, but I didn't understand the argument about which one was the "real" Five (and maybe we weren't supposed to understand this existential question).

In addition, whichever one went back, wouldn't it mess things up if Luther (who was with young Five on the grassy knoll and intended to go back with him) also went back to 2019, since he was already there with the other siblings when Five materialized in Season 1? In other words, there would be two Luthers in the same place and time.