Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 7/27/2020

falltime
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, LetsStartTalking said:

Sarah was awful on Wednesday's show. She looked terrible, and she didn't contribute much - she didn't need to be there at all.

I'm guessing things aren't going well in her life right now - she's admitted she's not having a great time being in her home with her kids, Add to the fact that her afternoon show has been dropped by ABC (I don't know what that does to her financially), and she hasn't mentioned her husband at all, which she usually does (is he still in the picture?) .

I watched that What Would You Do? episode with her posing as a mom with postpartum depression. I know this was filmed months ago pre-pandemic but she sobbed and sobbed on camera. It wasn't fake unless she is the best actress in the world. I agree that she doesn't seem right. She said something about getting her exercise running after the kids and it sounded so hollow and fake like she was just trying to get through the conversation. I hope she is okay.

• Love 2
(edited)
7 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

Sara Haines Returns and Fans Want Her as Meghan McCain's Replacement

😆

"Meghan McCain took a day off The View after an embarrassing moment with Whoopi Goldberg. "

That article said the will be making a cast announcement soon.  I didn't catch if it was going to be before vaca or after. Oh please oh please oh please

BUT we cant let up now.  Now is the time to swamp them with pushing for Sara -h!

Edited by ForumLou
Adding
  • Love 4
(edited)

7 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

Sara Haines Returns and Fans Want Her as Meghan McCain's Replacement

😆

"Meghan McCain took a day off The View after an embarrassing moment with Whoopi Goldberg. "

Sara is not going to replace Meghan (the political expert).

Let's be honest, The View would be completely boring if that happened and ABC knows it.

2 hours ago, LetsStartTalking said:

Sarah was awful on Wednesday's show. She looked terrible, and she didn't contribute much - she didn't need to be there at all.

Sara is fine if they want someone to review the latest shampoo or brownie recipes but that is not what the world is about now.

Edited by OnTime
  • Love 6
(edited)

@Ann Marie

In the caption of the share, where Hostin used the quote as part of her statement, she thanked Lingua Franca for crafting the garment for her. 

https://www.inquisitr.com/6192315/sunny-hostin-john-lewis/

Sunny wore the short sleeve version, that price isn't listed.

100% Cashmere. Hand-stitched in NYC. 

Stitched in honor of Representative John Lewis. 

Recently worn by Sunny Hostin on The View. 

$100 of the proceeds from each sweater will be donated to The Movement for Black Lives.

All Lingua Franca pieces are hand embroidered once your order is placed. Please allow 2-to-3 weeks for embroidery, plus shipping time (1-5 days).

Interested in customizing your sweater? Email us!

https://linguafranca.nyc/products/good-trouble

Edited by suomi
  • Love 3
28 minutes ago, OnTime said:

Let's be honest, The View would be completely boring if that happened and ABC knows it.

Sara is fine if they want someone to review the latest shampoo or brownie recipes but that is not what the world is about now.

I agree that Sara is not the one to get if you want someone with strong opinions, but I sure wish someone would replace MM.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, OnTime said:

Different strokes. I think Sara is exactly what this show needs, somebody in the middle who isn't histrionic. Whether or not McCain stays or finally gets shown the door, I hope Sara will come back as the 5th co-host. Btw, to your earlier reply, I don't see what it being an election year has to do with it, personally. Sara was on this show during 2016 and post-election. She was fine, IMO. Not every co-host needs to be firmly in one direction or the other.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
37 minutes ago, suomi said:

@Ann Marie

In the caption of the share, where Hostin used the quote as part of her statement, she thanked Lingua Franca for crafting the garment for her. 

https://www.inquisitr.com/6192315/sunny-hostin-john-lewis/

Sunny wore the short sleeve version, that price isn't listed.

100% Cashmere. Hand-stitched in NYC. 

Stitched in honor of Representative John Lewis. 

Recently worn by Sunny Hostin on The View. 

$100 of the proceeds from each sweater will be donated to The Movement for Black Lives.

All Lingua Franca pieces are hand embroidered once your order is placed. Please allow 2-to-3 weeks for embroidery, plus shipping time (1-5 days).

Interested in customizing your sweater? Email us!

https://linguafranca.nyc/products/good-trouble

Thank you so much!  I tweeted Sunny and she (or her staff, more likely) replied with a link.  I've no idea why I entertained the thought I might be able to afford a shirt worn on TV...momentary delirium on my part. 🥴

• LOL 8
  • Love 4
(edited)
4 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Different strokes. I think Sara is exactly what this show needs, somebody in the middle who isn't histrionic. Whether or not McCain stays or finally gets shown the door, I hope Sara will come back as the 5th co-host. Btw, to your earlier reply, I don't see what it being an election year has to do with it, personally. Sara was on this show during 2016 and post-election. She was fine, IMO. Not every co-host needs to be firmly in one direction or the other.

I prefer Ana but don't mind Sara and most humans are not firmly in one direction either, it depends on the issue.  MM is a caricature of a Republican and reads party-line talking points off blue cards and teleprompters.  A robot could do that and would be more respectful of its cohosts and guests. Though I don't want to see 5 cohosts until they are back in the studio.  Whoopi can barely handle three.

True, Sara doesn't have strong views, but she is balanced with guests and lets them speak.  There have been a few times when I wanted to hear what a non-liberal guest had to say, but Whoopi, Joy & Sunny were all interrupting and pushing their one side of the view, which defeats the purpose of the show. Sara could probably moderate better than Whoopi.

I haven't seen the What Would You Do? episode with her posing as a mom with postpartum depression, but I did see a clip of it along with a short interview of Sara and she said she did it because she had had postpartum depression and wanted to let people know there is help out there.  Her "acting" was probably realistic because she was re-living things she did and felt.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 8
32 minutes ago, heysmilinstrange said:

I've only been watching the show for a year or so. Did people feel the same way about Elisabeth Hasselbeck when she was a co-host?

OMG, Hasselblech was beyond ignorant, stupid & annoying.  Like Missy, but different!!!

• LOL 5
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, Medicine Crow said:

OMG, Hasselblech was beyond ignorant, stupid & annoying.  Like Missy, but different!!!

She was beyond beyond. That's how far beyond she was. Also shrill, strident, judgmental, rigid, snotty and infuriating. Other than that she was OK. 

• LOL 17
  • Love 6
(edited)

Wasn't Meghan lamenting a week or two ago the absence of political debate shows, and said that The View is the only show like that any more?  Does she think this show is Crossfire, and she's the female version of Bob Novak?  There's a reason that show and others like it aren't on any more.  People got tired of all the nastiness and animosity. 

During Jon Stewart's famous takedown of that show during an appearance in 2004, when he was interviewed by Tucker Carlson and Paul Begala, he told them that they were "disingenuous" to claim that what they were doing was "holding politicians' feet to the fire", and Jon told them that they were doing "theater", not debates.  Fast forward to 2020, and the exact same thing could be said to, and about, Meghan.     

That doesn't mean there aren't any more political discussions on tv among people with opposing viewpoints.  They have balanced round-table discussions on at least two of the Sunday morning shows.  Meghan knows that.  She used to be on one of them.  This show could do that, too.  But as long as Meghan's there, everyone's on edge, and right now, everyday life is stressful enough.  Bring on Sara, bring on Ana.     

Edited by lusinia
  • Useful 1
  • Love 14
7 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

Yeah.  Replace "as a conservative" with "as a mom."

5 hours ago, lusinia said:

Does she think this show is Crossfire, and she's the female version of Bob Novak?

She thinks she's the standard bearer for all conservative/republican women, a martyr boldly facing the liberal elite wrapped in the flag.  Without her her tribe would not be represented on tv.  After all, she and her (ideological) sisters are already banned from events like the Women's March.

• LOL 13
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, heysmilinstrange said:

I've only been watching the show for a year or so. Did people feel the same way about Elisabeth Hasselbeck when she was a co-host?

I can only speak for myself but I always thought Elisabeth became an ideologue because of the family she married into (her parents were liberals) and it gave her an identity.  Bill Geddie (the View's former executive producer) coached her each day before the show. She was shrill and got overly emotional if she thought she was losing an argument (which was almost daily) and could get downright nasty about things.  Her comparing gay marriage to marrying a toaster was one of the most stupid things she had ever said.  But the one that made me hate her with such intensity was when discussing the CHIPS program (the children's health insurance) in danger of being defunded she said "and where are their parents" and Joy responded "they are poor Elisabeth".  Her lack of empathy for families who were unable to afford health insurance was just so obnoxious.

Meghan is a little more polished than Elisabeth but she can be just as shrill and overly emotional.

• Love 16
1 hour ago, blondiec0332 said:

Meghan is a little more polished than Elisabeth but she can be just as shrill and overly emotional.

Meghan never threw food at the audience!

• LOL 5
(edited)
16 minutes ago, Cementhead said:

The one positive thing I say about McCain is that she hasn't ended up crawling into someone's lap yet to cry, so, I guess there's that. 

Not on camera anyway.

It makes sense they’d air the preempted Thurs show and save the pretaped Fri show for another day.

Oh, Joy. “Suburban housewives and their husbands”?  That’s the same cringey language trump used. It’s not 1960 anymore. 

Edited by Haleth
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
(edited)
14 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Miss Piggy would be an upgrade.

Replacing Meg with Miss Piggy would go a looooong way for ABC to redeem itself for cancelling The Muppets.

Edited by Spartan Girl
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2

As a spare tire (or fifth cohost) Sara is fine. Yet she's too 'strawberry shortcake' for the show. I can't imagine them replacing Meghan with her - not at all. As someone said, she's good for lightweight stuff - probably why she was on that awful 'GMA3' show which didn't last long.

• Love 3

Does Meghan sound like a kid who was forced to come sit at the dinner table with the rest of the family, but is basically pouting and acting like she really doesn't want to be there?

• LOL 12
  • Love 4

Here goes Meg again with her misguided rant about Fauci and the efficacy of masks. Someone needs to sit her down and explain to her why masks were initially discouraged. 

• Love 12

Sara doesn't need to replace Meghan to come back.  Abby was never replaced.  She can take her spot.

I'd like to see her back but don't know why she'd do it considering the treatment she apparently got from large Marge.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

Ya sure, Missy gave her masks away when Dr. Fauci said they weren't required!!!  LOLOL.  (LIAR)

Does she think they are unavailable now?  I have several.  In all kinds of colors.  They have become an accessory for me now. I match them to my outfits.

• Love 17

Yes, Meghan, we know you gave your masks away, and it's all Dr. Fauci's fault.  I'm sure having to buy more really set her back financially.

Would she really prefer that Dr. Fauci not update his recommendations as new things are learned about the virus?  Does she think there's some other expert out there who did know all the answers from the get go?  Or is she implying that Dr. Fauci isn't worthy of being listened to at all since he's not right 100% of the time?

• Love 18
(edited)
9 minutes ago, lusinia said:

Or is she implying that Dr. Fauci isn't worthy of being listened to at all since he's not right 100% of the time?

Yes, she is.

Funny that Meg bowed out of the ACLU discussion. 

Edited by Haleth
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, lusinia said:

Would she really prefer that Dr. Fauci not update his recommendations as new things are learned about the virus?  Does she think there's some other expert out there who did know all the answers from the get go?  Or is she implying that Dr. Fauci isn't worthy of being listened to at all since he's not right 100% of the time?

Since Dr. Fauci isn't part of her team she thinks that means he must be on the other team.  Doesn't matter that Dr. Fauci's position isn't political. Meghan's attitude is if you aren't with us you are against us.

• Love 16
(edited)
56 minutes ago, LetsStartTalking said:

As a spare tire (or fifth cohost) Sara is fine. Yet she's too 'strawberry shortcake' for the show. I can't imagine them replacing Meghan with her - not at all.

They don't need a fifth cohost, if they are staying remote. They can barely manage the four they have now.

I don't need five boxes on the screen at once.

And if they really want another one, why not Ana if they are all remote? 

Edited by OnTime
  • Love 8
16 minutes ago, lusinia said:

Yes, Meghan, we know you gave your masks away, and it's all Dr. Fauci's fault.  I'm sure having to buy more really set her back financially.

Why did Meghan have a stockpile of masks pre-COVID? 

I really doubt she had her cabinets full of them.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
(edited)

The last VYD of the season?  Are they going on vacation starting next week?

LOL!  Miss Piggy wants to fill in for Meg.

Edited by Haleth
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
(edited)

This may be the last show until fall.  Last week someone here thought it would be, but when I checked my cable guide, it said next Monday's episode would be new.  After Greta said this was the last VYD of the season, I checked again, and now it shows repeats into the week after next.

This means no discussion of Biden's vp pick, and no maternity leave send-off for Meghan.

(The only reason I say "may be" is because there was no mention of it, not even a "see you after Labor Day".) 

Edited by lusinia
  • Love 5
7 minutes ago, lusinia said:

(The only reason I say "may be" is because there was no mention of it, not even a "see you after Labor Day".) 

They have may have said their goodbyes during the taped show they planned on showing today. 

• Love 4
20 minutes ago, OnTime said:

Yes, Meghan, we know you gave your masks away, and it's all Dr. Fauci's fault

I get crazy angry when I hear people talk about not trusting scientists and science because opinions change and evolve. 
Jeez, Meghan, when my mother was pregnant in the  early 50’s women were encouraged to smoke cigarettes in order to keep mother’s weight down.  In the early 70’s women who had difficulty remaining pregnant to term were encouraged to drink alcohol to stop early labor!  They were also prescribed amphetamines to keep weight down for cosmetic reasons,of course.  In the early 80’s women were told that ingesting caffeine would cause babies to be born missing digits.  
So people need to get over this, when you know better you do better.

• Love 23
(edited)
40 minutes ago, Haleth said:

They have may have said their goodbyes during the taped show they planned on showing today. 

Are we sure this wasn't the pre-taped show?  The announcer didn't say the show was live, just new.  According to the guest lineup on page 1 of this week's thread, Kerry Washington and the lawyer from the ACLU were scheduled to be on today.  It looks like they switched Miss Piggy to today, bumped Judy Gold off, and had Joy mention her book instead. 

(Come to think of it, VYD wasn't listed on the schedule for today.  Maybe they had to scramble to fill time, with that and the segment about doing the show from home, which was just a bunch of clips we had already seen, and felt like something someone quickly threw together.)

Edited by lusinia
  • Love 2
27 minutes ago, lusinia said:

This may be the last show until fall.  Last week someone here thought it would be, but when I checked my cable guide, it said next Monday's episode would be new.  After Greta said this was the last VYD of the season, I checked again, and now it shows repeats into the week after next.

This means no discussion of Biden's vp pick, and no maternity leave send-off for Meghan.

And no discussion of the recent tweets on moving the election...really wanted to hear MM on that one.  Oh well. They will miss a lot of happenings in August.  

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Cementhead said:

Might I direct Megamouth over to Etsy for all of her mask wearing needs.

I want one that says Karen or Where Is The Manager?

• LOL 10
25 minutes ago, hisbunkie said:

I get crazy angry when I hear people talk about not trusting scientists and science because opinions change and evolve. 

Jeez, Meghan, when my mother was pregnant in the  early 50’s women were encouraged to smoke cigarettes in order to keep mother’s weight down.  

I was born in Hollywood Presbyterian Hospital in El Lay in 1950. Not a podunk establishment then and it's still there today. The first morning after my arrival my mom's doctor came to her room, pulled a chair next to the bed, took out a pack of ciggies, shook out one for him and one for her, lit them both and commenced the postpartum visit.

Science most definitely changes and evolves and, unfortunately, too many people prefer to remain set in their ways when faced with new facts. Sad, and dangerous. 

• Love 8
42 minutes ago, Rainyhawk said:

And no discussion of the recent tweets on moving the election...really wanted to hear MM on that one.  Oh well. They will miss a lot of happenings in August.  

I was wondering the same thang.  That's where i thought Whoopi was going when she was talking about the studio, but she was just intro'ing the blooper reel, which was funny.  

Oh Ms Piggy....you funny girl.....rofl 

• LOL 3