Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 7/27/2020

falltime
  • Start Topic

(edited)
2 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

At her core Meghan is a privileged white woman. She is always going to see the world through those eyes. She cannot even begin to comprehend what people of color have went through because she has never been discriminated against simply because of the color of her skin.  Which makes her whining about being "excluded" from the Women's March so insulting.  

If she had bothered to show up at the Women's March, nobody would have stopped her from marching.  Most probably wouldn't have even recognized her.  It is her white privilege and the fact that by the luck of the draw she is John McCain's spawn that she expected an embossed invitation to be a keynote speaker despite having no relevant accomplishments of her own. 

If Meghan can angrily shout at people associated with Louis Farrakhan in one aspect of their lives and assume and insist that they must share ALL of his beliefs, why doesn't MM hold herself to the same standard and stop claiming that she is friends with pro-choice Amber Tamblin? 

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 10
(edited)
8 minutes ago, Richard said:

Sarah Haines is announced as guest-hosting today on Twitter.

Does that mean Meaghan has a Tucker Carlson-esque day off?

Interesting; I was expecting MM to want to be allowed to start the show off with a long-winded fast-spoken counter-attack on Whoopi's revelation at the end of yesterday's show, but MM can't handle the truth.  I expect Whoopi will be smiling when she announces that Meghan isn't there.  Take note of the date in case she claims she was there in the future.  And we've already seen side-by-side pictures of Miss Piggy and Mrs. Domenech; she doesn't have to actually appear on the show on the same day for people to generate them.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 4
(edited)

Oh, Sarah. The Dems wouldn’t let Barr go on and on and let him obfuscate and waste time. They needed to get their points on the record. Her first comment and she disappoints me with her naïveté.

I asked yesterday if Meg would have the guts to confront Susan Rice. Apparently not. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 13

Was Sara reading off MMs cue cards/bullets points during that first segment? She was clearly reading something and what she was saying sounded exactly like what Meg would say...only less hostile!

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
(edited)

Now we have to wait and see if Whoopie makes an announcement about why Meghan isn't there.  The last couple of times when she didn't do it at the beginning of the show, she has said something later, but today.... after yesterday.....Whoopie just might not feel like doing Meghan that courtesy.

"Former National Secretary Advisor"?  Oh, Whoopie.  

Edited by lusinia
  • LOL 4
3 minutes ago, lusinia said:

"Former Secretary Advisor"?  Oh, Whoopie.  

Well, she once referred to a doctor as having gone to doctor school and said Jill Biden, PhD, Education, would make a great Surgeon General, so, you know....

• LOL 4
  • Love 8
(edited)
1 hour ago, lusinia said:

Now we have to wait and see if Whoopie makes an announcement about why Meghan isn't there.  The last couple of times when she didn't do it at the beginning of the show, she has said something later, but today.... after yesterday.....Whoopie just might not feel like doing Meghan that courtesy.

I'm only 5 minutes in, the only reason whoopi gave was Meghun had the day off.

Suspicious Kenan Thompson GIF by Saturday Night Live, Whoopi

Edited by falltime
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2
38 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I know it likely wouldn't happen, but it would be delicious if McCain was fired to make way for Sara considering she chased Sara off. The thing is, I'm sure Sara is coming back. Partly because she's a loyal ABC employee who only went to GMA Day to help try to get that show off the ground anyway, imo, and ABC will find a place for her, but also because Whoopi is in her corner. Unfortunately, the pandemic makes it difficult for more than four people on the show--and even then, it's really only three who get to give full opinions. This isn't a political statement, more speculation about the show: I wonder if ABC is considering whether McCain's presence on this show will still work in a post-Trump world. I think there's a lot she's got away with that she wouldn't at any other time. Her brand of crazy is going to stand out much more if/when the news ever calms down.

I’m  wondering if they’re thinking about that in regards to both Joy and Meghan. Once the election is over, Joy might want to step back to a part time (didn’t they say she might be leaving in another year once the election was over?). 

Also, don’t they have footage of Sara from when she was on The View that they can edit into the opening credits when she cohosts?

• Love 5

I am hoping MM takes a long maternity leave.  Maybe I am too old but I like a panel to be able to talk about their different views without it being ugly.  MM argues like a previous View conservative from many moons ago.   It is good to bring opposing views, but the shrill venomous approach kills the message and makes the messenger look 'too precious' to be at the table. 

I do like Sunny's approach on the show even though I don't agree with her a large amount of the time.   Joy can over do it at times and I stopped watching for a long time when Whoopie talked about her bad hygiene too frequently.

I know that there are women out there that are engaging adults of all ages, who don't think alike, and we can enjoy watching. 

• Love 13

I think they're going to start doing some more guests co-hosts to see who's going to play well with MM is on her maternity leave.  Someone commented about MM looking pretty.  I said the same thing to my hubby - happened to me when I was pregnant, I was a tad overweight and the pregnancy made me eat right, I lost weight while pregnant.  My first day home, I was wearing jeans I couldn't fit into for years.  I still have those jeans, for the next time I come home after delivery.  LOL  I'm 56, 😀

• LOL 15
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, Mldyold said:

I like a panel to be able to talk about their different views without it being ugly.  MM argues like a previous View conservative from many moons ago.   It is good to bring opposing views, but the shrill venomous approach kills the message and makes the messenger look 'too precious' to be at the table. 

I just don't get why her friends or family don't teach her this. Especially her mom.

• Love 8

Did anyone else think Sara didn't look good?  Too thin or something?  I think she's having difficulty being home with the kids.  It would be good for her to start working again as an outlet.

• Love 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, TheGreenKnight said:

The thing is, I'm sure Sara is coming back. Partly because she's a loyal ABC employee who only went to GMA Day to help try to get that show off the ground anyway, imo, and ABC will find a place for her, but also because Whoopi is in her corner.

I really don't  think Sara is coming back.

She is too just vanilla for The View, especially with the election coming up. They need someone that brings some energy to the show. She fills a seat and that is not what they need now.

Edited by OnTime
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I'm sure Sara is coming back.

Jeez, why would she want to come back?  After going from train wreck #1 (The View) to even bigger train wreck #2 (S&S&K) she needs a break.  She never seemed happy on The View.  I doubt she could fake the sincerity anymore.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

I know what it says.  At her core Meghan is a privileged white woman. She is always going to see the world through those eyes. She cannot even begin to comprehend what people of color have went through because she has never been discriminated against simply because of the color of her skin.  Which makes her whining about being "excluded" from the Women's March so insulting.  Any time she complains about something happening or not happening to her because she is a Republican she needs to be reminded nobody is shooting her dead. Nobody is trying to prevent her from voting. Nobody is telling her to go back to where she came from.  Whether she wants to admit or not I'm pretty fucking sure she is one of those people who is terrified of this country losing it's white majority.  And I will always believe she resents President Obama for not just winning but for another reason as well.

👏 Beautifully said. I love your posts and wish you were on The View and could put Meghan in her place!

• Love 11
3 hours ago, Haleth said:

Oh, Sarah. The Dems wouldn’t let Barr go on and on and let him obfuscate and waste time. They needed to get their points on the record. Her first comment and she disappoints me with her naïveté.

THIS is why Sarah doesn't need to comeback.

So now she is comparing Congress to Trump? She sounded very rehearsed.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

Looks like poor Megs had to take to her bed following her run in with Whoopie yesterday.  What a shame.

I'm going to be very surprised if Sarah isn't back full time next season.

Oh yes PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE bring Sarah back! If they want “dedicated conservatives” have some rotating women. There are many capable of behaving more professionally  than MM, who are smarter and actually know about American history and politics than her. Still want lively debate.....but MM is just not up to it. 

• Love 8
38 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

👏 Beautifully said. I love your posts and wish you were on The View and could put Meghan in her place!

Awww thank you so much. I enjoy your posts as well.  

I've always said you could take any four of us and sit us at a table and we would put on a better show than the View does.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, bannana said:

I just don't get why her friends or family don't teach her this. Especially her mom.

I think it's almost certain that Meghan (and her siblings) were well-taught by her parents and grandparents how to behave, but she seems to be all id, and does and says what she wants, when she wants, how she wants.   

19 minutes ago, bannana said:

MeAgain probably shouldn't have been tweeting recipes while she was supposed to be at work.

She was either flaunting her "personal day" in front of everyone or, if she was told by the producers to take the day off, she was throwing that reprimand back in their faces.  Either way - 'I'm having a nice day.  I don't care what people think.  Whoopie was mean to me and I won't be treated that way'. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, sandymck said:

Oh yes PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE bring Sarah back! If they want “dedicated conservatives” have some rotating women. There are many capable of behaving more professionally  than MM, who are smarter and actually know about American history and politics than her. Still want lively debate.....but MM is just not up to it. 

Omg i would be soooooooo happy!  Imagine a cheerful View again!  Heh now would be a good time to email abc or disney or whatever that email address was, to plant the seed!  And not those mystery seeds from China either.  What is up with those? My theory is they're radioactive.  Put them in the ground and all your crops will die. Killing us through our own infrastructure.

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, sugarbaker design said:

Jeez, why would she want to come back?  After going from train wreck #1 (The View) to even bigger train wreck #2 (S&S&K) she needs a break.  She never seemed happy on The View.  I doubt she could fake the sincerity anymore.

She would be happy again if MM wasn't there.  The chick is toxic. Brings down the whole room.  Its like a black cloud that looms overhead and its a depresser.  Eliminate just that and i would be dancing on the ceiling(tm Lionel) 

• Love 13
On 7/28/2020 at 4:55 PM, Rainyhawk said:

In my west coast city, I participated in that first women’s march and there were no restrictions on who could come and march.  No one asked d and no one checked...you just showed up!  Perhaps Mm is talking about the main organizers didn’t want conservative women in leadership?  Maybe because the right to choose is seen as a basic right, and as MM made clear she is not in favor of that right?  Also, much of those marches were anti trump and she wasn’t?  Maybe that’s why she felt she couldn’t go?

My guess is that she meant she hadn't been invited to be a speaker. 

• Love 8
16 minutes ago, MMEButterfly said:

My guess is that she meant she hadn't been invited to be a speaker. 

My hell, the image of her speaking is even funnier than the image of her marching.

"I, I, I, I can't go for that, no oh, no can do."

• LOL 5
  • Love 3

Of course Meghan had the day off today! 🤣

The show is so much better without her bogarting the conversation and toxic energy. All the ladies seemed happy, energetic, and relaxed today.

• Love 15

Sarah was awful on Wednesday's show. She looked terrible, and she didn't contribute much - she didn't need to be there at all.

I'm guessing things aren't going well in her life right now - she's admitted she's not having a great time being in her home with her kids, Add to the fact that her afternoon show has been dropped by ABC (I don't know what that does to her financially), and she hasn't mentioned her husband at all, which she usually does (is he still in the picture?) .

I thought she was going to come back next season and take Abby's place. Now, I wonder if she will take an extended hiatus from TV and deal with what's happening behind the scenes and get back on track.

As for Meagan - I was really looking forward to her on Wednesday's show. Alas, she was out - for good reasons. She can't face defeat.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, lusinia said:

The View's twitter page says the show is nationally pre-empted today, with a repeat being shown in some markets. 

We got a repeat and I only watched the first few minutes, but it was long enough to hear MeAgain whine about not knowing whether she would be able to go with her husband to her doctor's office for her July check-up. 

Sad Baby GIF by Bounce

• LOL 8
  • Love 2