Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 7/27/2020

falltime
  • Start Topic

(edited)

Monday, July 27 – The Political View with ABC News Contributor Rahm Emanuel; “View Your Deal” with hottest items at affordable prices

Tuesday, July 28 – Andy Cohen (“Watch What Happens Live”)

Wednesday, July 29 — The Political View with former National Security Advisor Susan Rice

Thursday, July 30 — Miss Piggy (“Muppets Now”)

Friday, July 31 —Kerry Washington (“The Fight”) joined by ACLU attorney Brigitte Amiri;  Judy Gold (Author, “Yes I Can Say That”)

Edited by falltime
  • Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, falltime said:

This is probably the last week of the season.

My cable guide shows that they have new shows the week after next, too.   Labor Day isn't until Sept. 7, so they would still have 4 weeks off.

I see they're squeezing in at least one more potential vp pick.

Edited by lusinia
  • Useful 3
  • Love 1

Wonder when they’ll do some type of baby shower for MeAgain.  You know they won’t wrap up the season without doing something to appease her and her gigantic ego. Wouldn’t surprise me if Andy Cohen is somehow involved since they worship each other. 

• Useful 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
(edited)

On 7/25/2020 at 8:00 AM, Haleth said:

Love, love Susan Rice.  

Rahm Emanuel again?  

The visual of a side by side with Meghan and Miss Piggy will not be good.

It reminds me of a scene from 30 Rock where Jenna Maroney ends up in an Us Weekly "Who Wore It Better?" opposite Miss Piggy and Piggy bested her.

who-wore-it-better.png

Edited by Picture It. Sicily
Found a screencap
  • LOL 13
  • Love 2
(edited)

I wanted to hear Meghan's opinion regarding the kneeling that the players are doing now? Is she so outraged about it and if she isn't, then shouldn't she apologize to Colin?

I don't know why Whoopi keeps doing this, but she'll ask Meghan a different question to the others and I don't know why.

Edited by MeThinkMeNot
  • Love 14
4 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

So they didn't talk about Regis Philbin's passing? Olivia De Havilland?

I know that Joy was especially close with Regis.

That was the first thing they talked about. Mostly Regis but Whoopi also brought up Olivia.

Meg says she never met Regis yet she spent the most time talking about him. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 16
(edited)

No one in the Biden campaign has said there's a possibility he won't do debates.  They've agreed to do 3 debates.  Meghan is spreading disinformation.

When has Trump done an interview with someone who he thinks won't be as friendly (the Chris Wallace interview doesn't count, since he is in the Fox News universe).  Does Meghan think that should happen too?  

Edited by lusinia
  • Love 13

It’s not the blinking that is driving me nuts.  For someone who didn’t know Regis, she went on and on.  Please, just reel her in!! Please!!  Her valley girl, sing song delivery is so nerve wracking.  Can’t wait till she is gone for her maternity leave.

• Love 24
(edited)

Meghan's "all for peaceful protests"?  So if Whoopie had asked her about the kneeling and walking out during the National Anthem over the weekend (and I would bet money that Meghan requested that she not be asked about it, strong, brave, opinionated woman that she is), she would have said that it was fine?

I completely forgot that the Emmy for "best informative talk show host" was finally being announced last night.  I'm sorry for everyone else, but yay for Meghan not getting her own personal Emmy and something else to brag about.

Edited by lusinia
  • LOL 1
  • Love 13
8 minutes ago, lusinia said:

Meghan's "all for peaceful protests"?  So if Whoopie had asked her about the kneeling and walking out during the National Anthem over the weekend (and I would bet money that Meghan requested that she not be asked about it, strong, brave, opinionated woman that she is), she would have said that it was fine?

I completely forgot that the Emmy for "best informative talk show host" was finally being announced last night.  I'm sorry for everyone else, but yay for Meghan not getting her own personal award and something else to brag about.

probably what she means by peaceful protests, is stay home and be peaceful and keep your gripes to yourself.

• LOL 4
  • Love 10

I'm trying to be a better person...I'm trying to be a better person...

My cynical side believes Meghan was overly waxing poetic about Regis because he was so beloved. BY EVERYONE. She dare'n't bring up any criticism against him.

Considering what she has stated what she likes/watches, I'm inclined not to believe a single word she says about Regis.

Also, she doesn't have a sense of humor. If she's there when Miss Piggy is, I'll be surprised.

• Love 11
23 minutes ago, After7Only said:

MM praises some sports podcast guy who had a nice "relaxed" interview with Trump.  Then mentions that her husband loves the podcast and listens regularly.   Sunny then proceeds to list the numerous incidents of the guy being a inflammatory racist and sexist.  I ❤️ Sunny! 

Of course her husband would love a guy like that.

35 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

probably what she means by peaceful protests, is stay home and be peaceful and keep your gripes to yourself.

28 minutes ago, lusinia said:

Unless you have a tv show, and then you can gripe all you want, I guess.

Unless you are carrying an assault weapon protesting in a state Capitol because you want the tattoo parlors to open during a pandemic.

17 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

You get an exemption when talking about Meghan.

• LOL 3
  • Love 16
26 minutes ago, After7Only said:

MM praises some sports podcast guy who had a nice "relaxed" interview with Trump.  Then mentions that her husband loves the podcast and listens regularly.   Sunny then proceeds to list the numerous incidents of the guy being a inflammatory racist and sexist.  I ❤️ Sunny! 

That was the best!

1 minute ago, blondiec0332 said:

Unless you are carrying an assault weapon protesting in a state Capitol because you want the tattoo parlors to open during a pandemic

<High 5s Blondie>

• Love 15
37 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

My cynical side believes Meghan was overly waxing poetic about Regis because he was so beloved. BY EVERYONE. She dare'n't bring up any criticism against him.

Considering what she has stated what she likes/watches, I'm inclined not to believe a single word she says about Regis.

Also, she doesn't have a sense of humor. If she's there when Miss Piggy is, I'll be surprised.

They can have a good ol,time.  They can commiserate over weight, talk about men. To bad she can't drink right now. Miss P can drink ya under the table. Miss Piggy is A lot of fun.  Now it they go to lunch or anything ill be surprised.  I could also see her abducting Miss Piggy for her baby's first new toy.  Picked it out himself lol.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
(edited)
On 7/24/2020 at 6:07 PM, falltime said:

his is probably the last week of the season. I really hope they include Ana.

Sadly, I think The View has forgotten Ana was/is even a co-host.

She isn't even listed on the website.

The more I think about it, the more sad it is. They missed so many opportunities to have Ana part of the show during these difficult times. Also, just to make us feel a little better.

Edited by OnTime
  • Love 1

Loved that Sunny got to speak again after Meghun and mentioned the racism and sexism. I would have never known but Meghun's husband enjoying it should have been a clue.

17 minutes ago, OnTime said:

Sadly, I think The View has forgotten Ana was/is even a co-host.

She isn't even listed on the website.

I don't think they have ever had her on there. It sucked seeing them not even including her in the The View mug.

• Love 8
9 minutes ago, TV Diva Queen said:

I like what Rahm was saying about counting the mail in ballots prior to election day, BUT they must not tell us who's winning at that point.  Why didn't he say that??

I don't think any results should be disclosed till all votes are counted. Including provisional ballots.

• Love 10
3 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

I don't think any results should be disclosed till all votes are counted. Including provisional ballots.

I agree!  They stopped doing exit polls because people thought their candidate was winning and then people never bothered to vote.  This would be that x a million.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, After7Only said:

West coast here so had the John Lewis motorcade and tribute so tried to locate for the show elsewhere with no luck. Just curious about the  relax interview with the investment pod cast guy, doesn’t she feel that interviewers should follow her method of aggravated assault questioning?  Long rambling points of her/ tribe  opinion followed by what do you say to people that feel that way?  That podcaster is tweeting how he made it on The View. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, After7Only said:

That guy sounds terrible. What he said about Colin K was disgusting.

I adore Sunny too. She's one of the bests hosts The View has ever had. A talented, classy lady. Learn Megs, learn. 

• Love 21
3 hours ago, After7Only said:

I had no idea who the interviewer was and I really didn't even understand what MeAgain was going on about sports media and this particular company.  I think she was suggesting they are major players in political discourse now? 😕

If Sunny hadn't interjected we would never have known about this guy and his completely sketchy background.  I was very surprised MeAgain didn't come for Sunny when Sunny said she knew exactly why he did this interview with this particular guy.

• Love 8

I thought today's show was one of the better ones they had in a long time.  Rahm Emanuel can go on every day as far as I'm concerned - he's smart, he's witty, and he's incredibly handsome (love his sexy smile). 

The tribute to Regis was nice, especially from Whoopi and Joy.

Kudos to Sunny for shutting down MM and letting everyone know the background on the sportscaster whom 'Ben McCain' loves so much ! MeAgain looked shocked.

MM, on the other hand, went on and on about Regis like she knew him forever (never met the guy), and I thought for sure she was leading into a tribute to her own father, to remind everyone how wonderful he was. Alas, she ran out of time. Whew! Saved by the bell!

And of course, we had the chance to buy more handbags, skincare, sunglasses,  even teeth whitener ! When their suddenly-unemployed viewers go to the bank to cash their unemployment checks minus the $600 stimulus, they sure will look fabulous!  All thanks to Oprah and Adam Glassman.

As for the rest of the week: Andy Cohen ? Miss Piggy? Susan Rice (again) ? Judy Gold ?  No thanks. I'll be FF through those segments, with pleasure.

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, LetsStartTalking said:

I thought today's show was one of the better ones they had in a long time.  Rahm Emanuel can go on every day as far as I'm concerned - he's smart, he's witty, and he's incredibly handsome (love his sexy smile). 

The tribute to Regis was nice, especially from Whoopi and Joy.

Kudos to Sunny for shutting down MM and letting everyone know the background on the sportscaster whom 'Ben McCain' loves so much ! MeAgain looked shocked.

Lol, that was amazing.  Meghan looked shocked.  Sunny looked delighted to let Meghan know who the guy really is😄👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽

• Love 16

that barstool guy (the podcast guy) is a like Joe Rogan.  Crude and rude.  I used to follow him on Twitter because of his pizza reviews "One bite, everybody knows the rules" is his catch phrase.  He entertaining for a minute and then the more he talks the more he shows you who is is.  

Just now, Coffeewinewater said:

Lol, that was amazing.  Meghan looked shocked.  Sunny looked delighted to let Meghan know who the guy really is😄👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽

Sunny's face was EVERYTHING when MM was talking.  When they showed all 4 ladies and took away from MM's closeup.  Sunny was like "oh, I can't wait for this......"  

• LOL 6
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, athousandclowns said:

West coast here so had the John Lewis motorcade and tribute so tried to locate for the show elsewhere with no luck. Just curious about the  relax interview with the investment pod cast guy, doesn’t she feel that interviewers should follow her method of aggravated assault questioning?  Long rambling points of her/ tribe  opinion followed by what do you say to people that feel that way?  That podcaster is tweeting how he made it on The View. 

If you haven't seen it yet, here you go.

• Love 1
44 minutes ago, TV Diva Queen said:

Sunny's face was EVERYTHING when MM was talking.  When they showed all 4 ladies and took away from MM's closeup.  Sunny was like "oh, I can't wait for this......"  

Thanks for that.  I heard Sunny, but was not looking at the screen,  so I rolled back the DVR to see it.  Lovely!

MM spends half of each of her segments making whatever they're discussing about her & her family.  It wastes time and is borrrring.  MyHusband listens to the podcaster every single day, MyFamily loved watching Who Wants to be a Millionaire, blah blah blah.  Regis was successful and well-liked because he had a sense of humour and focused on the guests and the audience, not himself.  He only talked about things that happened to him, with self-deprecating humour, when he had time to fill or a transition to make.  He could think on his feet without the aid of blue cards. The opposite of MM.

• Love 23

I watched the segments with the tribute to Regis who I did enjoy and then Rahm Emmanuel who I also find smart and sexy.  But, I would hate to be on his bad side because he looks like someone who could take you down with a few well chosen words, on the spot.  But still...

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
5 hours ago, Coffeewinewater said:

It was sheer beauty! Meghan was like "well damn, I got nothing."

• LOL 8
  • Love 3

Right on, Sunny. I was so happy to hear her mention people the youngs either don't know about or forget to remember. 

1968 was a hellacious year, worldwide. Tommie Smith (gold, 200 meter run) and John Carlos (bronze) stood on the medals podium at the '68 Olympics in Mexico City and bowed their heads while raising a black-gloved fist during the national anthem. They wore black socks without shoes to represent black poverty and long strings of black beads to represent lynchings. Peter Norman of Australia (silver), because of Australia's race issues, shared in their protest by wearing a badge representing the Olympic Project for Human Rights. If you google the photo you see them all wearing the badge. John forgot to bring his gloves and Peter told them to share Tommie's pair so that's why they raised opposite fists instead of two right fists. Smith and Carlos were immediately suspended by the US team and sent home and Norman was unofficially blackballed from all future Games by his country even though he always ran the fastest qualifying times. His last Olympic race was his fastest race, so there's that. In '72 Australia sent no sprinter to the Games rather than send him. Smith and Carlos were pallbearers at Norman's funeral in 2006. 

Cassius Clay/Muhammed Ali won the gold medal for boxing in the 1960 Olympics. He was stripped of his World Champion Heavyweight title in 1967 when he refused induction into the army, saying "I ain't got no quarrel with those Vietcong." TPTB wasted no time and less than 2 months later he was convicted of draft evasion, sentenced to 5 years in prison, fined $10,000, stripped of his passport, denied a boxing license in every state and banned from boxing for 3 years, which is forever in the prime of an athlete's career. He remained free while his conviction was appealed and in 1971 the US Supreme Court overturned his conviction. And of course he returned to boxing and became the heavyweight champion twice more and still is the only boxer to win that title three times. 

Kudos to Sunny for reminding people of black athletes (and one white athlete) who protested on the world stage and are recognized today as being on the right side of history. 

• Love 21
4 hours ago, suomi said:

Right on, Sunny. I was so happy to hear her mention people the youngs either don't know about or forget to remember. 

But...but...she wasn't BORN then, @suomi!

As an aside, CNN cobbled some of the greatest hits and added some more specific to 1968 in its five-parter 1968. Or is it 4? It's still available on Demand. And it covered Tommie Smith and John Carlos, and how they were banned for life.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, suomi said:

Kudos to Sunny for reminding people of black athletes (and one white athlete) who protested on the world stage and are recognized today as being on the right side of history. 

If Meghan continues to live her life in the public eye she is going to be remembered for being on the wrong side of history. 

14 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

I watched the segments with the tribute to Regis who I did enjoy and then Rahm Emmanuel who I also find smart and sexy.  But, I would hate to be on his bad side because he looks like someone who could take you down with a few well chosen words, on the spot.  But still...

Rahm has a reputation for being cutthroat.  Which thankfully he is on my team.

• Love 13
41 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

If Meghan continues to live her life in the public eye she is going to be remembered for being on the wrong side of history. 

Rahm has a reputation for being cutthroat.  Which thankfully he is on my team.

Yes totally. He is on my team too -  

• Love 7