Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E09: Crossing The Line

• Start Topic

Tim gets the welcome from Melyza that he feared; Ari's mum goes on the offensive; Brittany and Yazan turn to an ally for help; Kenny and Armando's first trip into town together worries them both; tired of Jihoon's lies, Deavan presses for the truth.

Airs July 27, 2020.

Arela and Biniyim-I find them boring so I am not going to comment on it

Timothy and Mendoza-Mendoza needs to dump the cheese stick cheater

Deavan and Jihoon-I do not know why Jihoon stormed off after Deavan told him he tricked , scammed, and ruined her life which he did! I hope Deavan goes back home and never get back with the compulsive liar ever again

Kenneth and Armando-Kenneth seems shocked that Armando would not hold his hand but Kenneth said Mexico is not accepting of the gay lifestyle so I do not know why he is shocked that Armando would not hold his hand in public 

Brittany and Yazan-I do not think their relationship is going to work out at all, I am sure whenever Brittany tells Yazan and his family that she is still married, it will be the final straw of their relationship 

• Love 7

In a show with everything but Jenny and Sumit!

Brittany and Yazan - Brit, you know that you are still married and that you cannot marry Yazan until the divorce is final. Why do you keep your mouth shut? Tell him, go back to the US til the divorce papers are signed and then come back to marry him if you still want him. His uncle's greeting kisses did kinda come across as Morse Code. Do you seriously expect that Uncle can bend mom and dad's ears? And you are unlikely to change to what they want.

Ariela and Bini - of course mom moved everyone to the cleaner hotel. She doesn't want her adult daughter to live in a third world country and possibly, in squalor. Too bad the hospital was better than expected. I hope someone asked who actually pays for the birth - Bini, Ariela, or her parents who may have money. She probably doesn't pay taxes there or anything at this time, so should not receive free healthcare. The coffee was probably quite good but the little plastic stools looked very uncomfortable. Ari, you are almost 30 years old and you should be making your own life choices and paying for things on your own and not having mom or dad as a massive support system. You want to live overseas, do so and not play games with the parents to get your own way.

Kenny and Armando - Kenny, you are used to a more liberal city in the US. You were formerly a tourist. Things are different in Mexico and some PDA is frowned on. Listen to Armando for a while until you get more used to living there and get to know the neighbourhood.

Tim and Melyza - Tim, don't be a douche and learn to wear your hat properly and not like some redneck. No idea what Melyza sees in you other than she likes your cat. You cheated because you had the opportunity, you have inner stuff to work on so you don't feel insecure and stop cheating. Otherwise, you will cheat again and again. Melyza seems to have a nice home so she is not in it for the money. Maybe the Green Card. I also wonder if she is part Asian.

Deaven and Jihoon - well, both of you created this mess and both of you can get jobs to pay the bills. You knew that Jihoon was a manchild, Deaven, and still got knocked up and expected him to be the provider for you, him, and two kids. Marriage is a partnership and both of you are just children. Go back to the US, hope Jihoon finds a job and matures in to a responsible adult, and pays some child support each month, Facetimes or Skypes his son, and sees him once in a while. The translator app was hilarious and got worse with each thing said.

• Love 18
19 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

Deaven and Jihoon - well, both of you created this mess and both of you can get jobs to pay the bills. You knew that Jihoon was a manchild, Deaven, and still got knocked up and expected him to be the provider for you, him, and two kids. Marriage is a partnership and both of you are just children. Go back to the US, hope Jihoon finds a job and matures in to a responsible adult, and pays some child support each month, Facetimes or Skypes his son, and sees him once in a while. The translator app was hilarious and got worse with each thing said.

The translator app made me laugh too, even the mom laughed and Deavean had this confused look on her face 

• LOL 2
  • Love 9

That translator app was the best scene of the night. 
Ariel is what you get when you continue to change your kid’s diaper after they’re an adult. 
Does Bini’s kid live in the US? Is he helping to support him? He seems a sympathetic sort but I would have questions for him. 
Melyza should see if Jonathan is available. She’s way more mature than Fernanda. I honestly can’t image what she sees in cheesedick but if it’s a green card she can do so much better. Her English is on point and she seems quite accomplished. 
Deaven needs to go home. She doesn’t need another baby to take care of. 

• Love 20
9 minutes ago, shouldbedancing said:

Jihoon and Deaven, it's a wrap. The mom is over it. Everyone's over it. I don't know why they are using that stupid device. It seems like Google Translate would be better. I like Jihoon's dad though. He seems to be trying. Deaven, just go home. Jihoon can visit a couple times a year. On his own dime.

Yeah, Jihoon’s dad is really cool, he even apologized about the small apartment which he did not have to do that 

• Love 17

I cannot for the life of me figure out why Brittany and Yazan think they can make this work. They are both trying to be something they are not, are complete opposites in every way, and Brittany was a fool to go to Jordan without even filing for divorce, thinking she could bluff her way through. She is obviously only doing the show to raise her somewhat sketchy “celebrity“ status. Yazan is a shit translator, he leaves out half the convo. Brittany has zero intentions of converting to Islam and is lying through her teeth. And what was with the uncle smothering Yazan with smooches??

Melyza is very attractive and her English is quite good but her nasal tone and vocal fry send me up the wall. She cannot get past Cheesedick’s infidelity and they should call it quits and move on.

Kenny has fallen far from grace in my eyes after last week’s “ugly American” freak out about the apartment lacking central heat, etc., the sour candy and Mexican restaurant. He is being a little bitch and trying to steamroll right over sweet Armando, pushing him to engage in PDA’s when it obviously makes Armando uncomfortable and fearful of the locals’ reactions. Why on earth did they move to this dusty and primitive little town? They would be much suited to a bigger and more modern city where they could blend in more.

The hospital in Ethiopia was surprisingly clean and seemed more than adequate...but what happens when she is discharged? They can’t live in a “guest house” (hotel) forever and neither place Bibi chose seems appropriate to bring a newborn home to, at least not in Ariela’s (or Janice’s) eyes.

Deavan was delusional thinking Jihoon would suddenly get a fabulous career and she could be a stay-at-home mom. It takes 2 paychecks to live comfortably in the U. S., too, in most cases. Jihoon is who he is, she needs to accept that and figure it out or go home and resume living with her parents because those children need stability, not flying back and forth to Korea hoping Jihoon (at age 30 or whatever he is) will get a clue and step up. He won’t.

Didn't miss Jenny and Sumit’s tired drama re: his divorce. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 19

I don’t believe Jihoon gave his mom his money to save. I have a feeling he spent what little he had. It seems that whenever he messes up, he cries and all is forgiven. Deavan is an idiot. Common sense dictates that if he had any money, he would have given it to her by now.

Is Brittany’s dad supposed to be bringing her divorce decree when he comes to Jordan? I am confused.

• Love 12

The nurse and midwife were lovely, but they kept referring to Bibiyan as Ari’s husband.  Wonder if things would have changed if they knew they weren’t married.  At minimum, it would change the billing situation since she would need to pay, I expect.  

Kenny needs to stop thinking like an American who has been out since before Armando was born.  Catcalls are the least of their worries.  It was the groups of men who got Armando nervous.  And even in the US, it isn’t always safe for gay people, especially if they do a public display of affection    

Brittany is just ridiculous.   I think Yazam is over everything and he wants the extra time He referenced to his uncle for himself.  He mentioned to his uncle that they didn’t sign the papers for him as well. I think he has made grand declarations to his family of their love and there is a television crew follow them around, so he doesn’t quite know how to get out of this mess, so he is hoping that his uncle can buy time and it will all just go away.   

• Useful 2
  • Love 10

Regarding Tim and Melyza, Melyza has known that Tim cheated for a year, and apparently chose to forgive him.  If you forgive someone, you have to forgive them.  You can't continue to rehash their mistake over and over.  Personally, I would have dumped him.  But she didn't, so she needs to draw a line under it and let it go. 

I really love Armando.  And he's absolutely right, it's not fair for Kenny to expect him to be as "out" as he is.  

• Love 24
(edited)

Jihoon/Deavan - And the translator app wins the night!  That scene made me laugh.  Hard.  The rest of it was entirely unnecessary, as even Deavan shouldn't have needed more than a second to figure out Jihoon's lying is compulsive and intractable, and completely unacceptable. Although, it was SO obvious on their video calls that he was lying to her again, I do have a hard time feeling all that sorry for Deavan.  I mean, if nothing else, it seems like she might have gotten a clue when she had to find and pay for an apartment for them.....  I get she doesn't want to face that she got knocked up a second time by a total loser, but that's the chance she took when she chose to sleep with Jihoon the first day they met.  So, as Jihoon's mother would say, "Suck it up, buttercup."  And move on. 

Kenny/Armando - They might have some  bumps along the way, but I think they're going to be just fine.

Brittany/Yazan - The fact she went back to Jordan still married - without telling anyone - is utterly ridiculous.  She seems to think she's so fabulous she can just pull up in his country and everyone is going to love her outrageous self.  Girl has another thing coming, however, of which she already got a taste of with Yazan's parents.  She's in a for a huge introduction to reality...

Ari/Bini - And speaking of facing reality like the grown woman you are.....  She seems to have some level of arrested development, and her parents' coddling is either the cause or the effect of that, I'm guessing.

Tim/Melyza - Dude seems like a loser on every level to me.  Given how many people  Melyza must've met just at the university they were attending, it's rather sad she decided Tim the Cheating Cheese Stick was her best option. I predict that it won't be too long before he gets the boot back to Dallas... and I'm putting my money on the fact he's not coming back with the cat.

Edited by SabineElisabeth
  • Love 15
(edited)

I realize that Deavan feels like she has been royally screwed, but

1) her language is overly dramatic. "My life is ruined". Um no, you have 2 healthy kids and you have a family and good health. You life is not a raging pile of rubbish, ok. Tell that to the people who are really suffering

2) Take some damn responsibilty for your own life and choices. First off, when you found out you were pregnant after a one night stand, you had choices, ok? You chose to have a baby with a guy you barely knew. And it's not like Jihoon hasn't been waving huge red flags. Every trip has been a disaster, he admits he's a man child and cannot support you, why did you come back? Just go home. Let Jihoon grow up and if he does, you can go from there. 

Areola expects that Bini is going to pick up where here parents left off supporting the princess. Mom Areola, look at how great the life of privilege worked with Aerola. Good job. It is kind of hilarious watching Bini and Mom. He is absolutely terrified of her. 

Cheese stick is a snore fest. Melyza is and will forever be pissed at him for cheating. Methinks she let him come so she can torture him in person. And of course to be on the teevee. 

Britanny, I don't understand this relationship. Clearly she wants to be a reality star. This whole move was scripted to bring drama, not to actually get married.

Armando and Kenny are too good for this show. 

Missed Jenny and Sumeat. Jenny, divorce? Sumeat, calm down Jenny. Lather, rinse, repeat. 

Edited by poeticlicensed
  • LOL 2
  • Love 17
26 minutes ago, steff13 said:

Regarding Tim and Melyza, Melyza has known that Tim cheated for a year, and apparently chose to forgive him.  If you forgive someone, you have to forgive them.  You can't continue to rehash their mistake over and over.  Personally, I would have dumped him.  But she didn't, so she needs to draw a line under it and let it go. 

I really love Armando.  And he's absolutely right, it's not fair for Kenny to expect him to be as "out" as he is.  

1000% true here. It's not to say you can't remember it, but you cannot continue to poke the person with it. It can't be a weapon only you can use, and against which the truly penitent have no defense. This relationship is essentially over if it's been seven months and she's still asking specific questions about it and bringing it up, she will never be happy and he'll basically be a beaten dog, cowering in fear for the next time she brings it up, the next fight it has nothing to do with. I'm not saying she's at fault AT ALL for what he did. But once you choose forgiveness, you have to commit to that. That unfortunately means that you can't constantly pick at the scab, because it'll just get infected. Part of the problem for them though is they're on TV, and that's their story. It'll ALWAYS come up. 

8 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

Ariela and her mother!  Mom needs to allow Ari to clean up her own messes.  Enabling at it's very finest!

It's not just Ari though. It's her grandchild. It's one thing if they're forced to bail her out of some crazy impulse leased apartment in Belize or whatever her story was. it's another to know their grandchild is living in squalor (objectively it is squalor, I'm sorry). I say good on the mo for at least being honest about her assessment of the hospital, which looked like something you can count on. The problem is what happens when the baby goes to live outside the hospital, or if there are post-birth complications. It's just safer in America, that's how the mom sees it. 

• Love 7
(edited)

I agree about the cheating.  If you truly forgive someone for infidelity, you must move on.  Yes, you can be watchful, until they earn the trust back, but, it can't be something that is brought up repeatedly.  Plus, Melyza, doesn't seem that into Tim at all.  I don't see it.  Once again, it's about something other than their relationship.  Big surprise.  Why is it so desirable to be made fun of on tv?  

I also agree about Deaven being so dramatic. Yes, Jihoon is a f up, but, he hasn't ruined your life.  Don't throw that out to a guy who seems to be emotionally overwrought.  It could push him over the edge.  Accept that it's a real hiccup in your plans.  Figure out Plan B and move on.  Deaven has a lot of support from her family, plus, she's a capable person. She can work, raise the kids and have a nice life. It's a big pain, but, it is survivable.  Just figure it out and move on. Maybe, she needs to see a professional about depression. She does look quite down. 

Ari's mom giving a speech that Bini should support her daughter in the style she's accustomed is hysterical.  What in the hell gave her the idea he could do that?  Not feasible at all.  In fact, to imply that is insulting.  Her speech to Ari should be how Ari should adjust HER expectations.  I thought it insulting to tell Bini that her daughter gave up the good life to go there.  WHAT?  That was her choice and not his fault. He shouldn't be degraded, because of that. Lack of fancy, upscale amenities is not a moral issue.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 23
(edited)

The translator device was hilarious!  I kept laughing at what it came out with and could see why Jihoon was so frustrated.  Deaven is being far too dramatic about her life being ruined, she doesn't seem to recognise that her poor choices have played a big part in her problems.  He will never be able to fund her desired lifestyle as a stay-at-home mom so she needs to cut her losses and go home.

Princess Ari's mom will never let her stay with Bini so it's a storyline that doesn't interest me.  He can't support the Princess (and the baby) in the style she's accustomed to and I guess Mom sees endless phone calls for money in the future. 

Cheatstick is such an idiot that I'm enjoying seeing Melyza put him on the spot.  I agree if she's "forgiven" him it doesn't need to be brought up all the time, but I really don't think she has.

Brit is still lying about her current marriage, and I don't see her changing her ways at all.  Once she gets her "fame" from being on TV she'll be done and back home in Florida.  Does she even own any conservative clothes?

Edited by ThereButFor
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, poeticlicensed said:

Cheese stick is a snore fest. Melyza is and will forever be pissed at him for cheating. Methinks she let him come so she can torture him in person. And of course to be on the teevee. 

LOL!

Melyza's fur babies were both adorable.  ❤️  

I still love Armando and Kenny.  I think their minor bumps in the road are being played up by the producers to try to create drama that doesn't seem to actually be there.  

The TLC To Go app has a lot (maybe all) seasons and franchises of this shit show.  I watched a couple of episodes of the Yamir/Chelsea and Danny/Amy season.  Remember when there were actually relatively normal couples on this show?  I had forgotten...

But then Danielle joined that season and I remembered she and Mo created the ratings bonanza that got us where we are today with frauds like Brittany/Yazan on this season.  

Did I mention Melyza's fur babies were adorable?  That's about all I got from this episode.  

• Love 9
1 hour ago, poeticlicensed said:

2) Take some damn responsibilty for your own life and choices. First off, when you found out you were pregnant after a one night stand, you had choices, ok? You chose to have a baby with a guy you barely knew. And it's not like Jihoon hasn't been waving huge red flags. Every trip has been a disaster, he admits he's a man child and cannot support you, why did you come back? Just go home. Let Jihoon grow up and if he does, you can go from there. 

Areola expects that Bini is going to pick up where here parents left off supporting the princess. Mom Areola, look at how great the life of privilege worked with Aerola. Good job. It is kind of hilarious watching Bini and Mom. He is absolutely terrified of her. 

I can't stand Deavan.  She had baby with a man child and acts like she's surprised he's a man child.  I wonder if her first baby daddy was like Jihoon.  When she was introduced, didn't she say something about how she likes Asian men?

I think Ari's mom came off as a "Karen."  I thought Ari was a grown woman but maybe not.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Uncle JUICE said:

1000% true here. It's not to say you can't remember it, but you cannot continue to poke the person with it. It can't be a weapon only you can use, and against which the truly penitent have no defense. This relationship is essentially over if it's been seven months and she's still asking specific questions about it and bringing it up, she will never be happy and he'll basically be a beaten dog, cowering in fear for the next time she brings it up, the next fight it has nothing to do with. I'm not saying she's at fault AT ALL for what he did. But once you choose forgiveness, you have to commit to that. That unfortunately means that you can't constantly pick at the scab, because it'll just get infected. Part of the problem for them though is they're on TV, and that's their story. It'll ALWAYS come up. 

It's not just Ari though. It's her grandchild. It's one thing if they're forced to bail her out of some crazy impulse leased apartment in Belize or whatever her story was. it's another to know their grandchild is living in squalor (objectively it is squalor, I'm sorry). I say good on the mo for at least being honest about her assessment of the hospital, which looked like something you can count on. The problem is what happens when the baby goes to live outside the hospital, or if there are post-birth complications. It's just safer in America, that's how the mom sees it. 

Actions have consequences!  Ari will never learn that as long as mom continues cleaning up her messes!

Going to a foreign land, having unprotected sex and now pregnant!  Ari is too old for all of those poor choices.

But enabling mom steps in again!!!

• Love 4
(edited)

I was glazing over during this episode (I just moved last Wednesday, and am in the throes of unpacking and exhausted) but will rewatch today via Pillow Talk, complete with requisite tv snacks.

Kenny & Armando: I am wondering since their story has been so drama free thus far, they were asked by production to throw a hitch into their story a bit with Kenny acting sort of the Grumpy Grandpa Ugly American and also wanting PDA. He really cannot be this dense. South Florida is a very different climate when it comes to accepting gay lifestyles and he has to understand that. 

MahLEEZA & CheeseDick: I like this chick, but I don't like the fact that she is going to hold the cheating over his head forever. She's smart, attractive, appears to have her schmidt together, just move on to another American (if that's what she wants) if you don't feel you can trust him. 

Areola & Baby Cool: I took a bathroom break on this one, tired of the constant forced smile on her face and Janice marching around inspecting things while Bini looks nervous. However, bring me some coffee and popcorn.

Deavan & Joony: I did like how happy and behaved Druscilla appeared at the market. Although it looked hot as balls there and everyone sweaty. Deavan needs to stick that translator up her ass. My husband was chortling over how they have a child together but need an electronic device to have a conversation. This affair seems to be way past over, but they're milking it through this season for the TLC paycheck. 

Yazoo & Beyonce: This is where I started losing consciousness, after the gratuitous Uncle kissing. Will have to rewatch but honestly I think this pair is a joke at this point and just a TLC fabrication for more followers for her. 

I appreciated the break from the ongoing saga of "Where are the divorce papers??!"

Edited by snarkish
Hit submit before finishing!
  • Love 10
1 minute ago, Jeanne222 said:

Actions have consequences!  Ari will never learn that as long as mom continues cleaning up her messes!

Going to a foreign land, having unprotected sex and now pregnant!  Ari is too old for all of those poor choices.

But enabling mom steps in again!!!

I know what you mean, but in fairness, the mom tells us she had an ulterior motive that the surprising state of the hospital undermined: she wanted to give Ari a reason to come back to the states. I don't think that's exactly enabling her. And I get actions have consequences, but let's say that baby gets some terrible illness they're not equipped to handle...should the baby have to pay that price just so Ari's mom isn't "enabling" her terrible choices? 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, Uncle JUICE said:

I know what you mean, but in fairness, the mom tells us she had an ulterior motive that the surprising state of the hospital undermined: she wanted to give Ari a reason to come back to the states. I don't think that's exactly enabling her. And I get actions have consequences, but let's say that baby gets some terrible illness they're not equipped to handle...should the baby have to pay that price just so Ari's mom isn't "enabling" her terrible choices? 

It's Ari's baby and Ari's decisions re health and happiness!

Mom needs to butt out.  It's not her business anymore.  Ari and Bimi are adults.  Dumb adults but now should be in charge of their own baby and business!M

Enablers just never get it!  They have to FIX everything for adult children and I have to ask the question....how's that working out for you?

• Love 13
2 hours ago, DEL901 said:

Kenny needs to stop thinking like an American who has been out since before Armando was born.  Catcalls are the least of their worries.  It was the groups of men who got Armando nervous.  And even in the US, it isn’t always safe for gay people, especially if they do a public display of affection    

I don't get this "the US is an accepting paradise for LGBTQ people" narrative that Kenny is pushing. He knows that's not true! There are places that are more gay friendly than others, sure. There are gay couples in commercials and on TV, (causing meltdowns in various quarters). But Mexico has gay people! There are gay bars! Marriage equality! I don't think its that different in Mexico. 

• Love 7
13 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I don't get this "the US is an accepting paradise for LGBTQ people" narrative that Kenny is pushing. He knows that's not true! There are places that are more gay friendly than others, sure. There are gay couples in commercials and on TV, (causing meltdowns in various quarters). But Mexico has gay people! There are gay bars! Marriage equality! I don't think its that different in Mexico. 

They don't live in big cosmopolitan Mexico City but in a rural coastal town.  It's like the difference between living in New York City versus some backwater in Arkansas.

• Love 17
12 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I think Kenny should listen to Armando and not be a know it all in Armandos country.  Just how Kenny knows his way around the city where he lived.

I suspect Mexico could be pretty rough!

• Love 14

That translator was hilarious.  It's not simply the translations were incorrect but that perky, female voice that is used for translation to English is funny.  When delivering bad news but in a happy sort of voice is just off putting.  Funny for us the viewers but I can see how both parties would be frustrated.  Major cheers to Jihoon's dad.  He always seems to be so polite and puts in an extra effort to make Devan feel comfortable.  Is there anyway she can bypass mom and talk directly to his father?  I feel like the conversation would go better with a sympathetic ear.

And speaking of people who are easy to talk to--major cheers to Yazan's uncle for trying to set everything straight.  He was polite and respectful to Brittany while laying out the truths of the situation.  Fully enjoyed listening to him and I feel like he'd be a good friend to have.  I think Brittany might need some female friends to talk to one on one since she wouldn't be able to talk to Yazan's uncle with Yazan actually there.  I think that's part of the problem.  Brittany is 100% dependent on Yazan for EVERYTHING and she can't just simply vent.  There are some things only another female would understand and maybe if she could have a one on one with someone that would help her out.

6 minutes ago, Dobian said:

They don't live in big cosmopolitan Mexico City but in a rural coastal town.  It's like the difference between living in New York City versus some backwater in Arkansas.

This seriously confuses me.  I could have sworn Armondo saying that they choose an apt. in either the gay community or in an area that accepted the gay culture sooooo.... what's up with this?  And if they didn't WHY NOT??  Why are they here in this rural, unaccepting community??  This is the area where Kenny is supposed to get a job?? 

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, Dirtybubble said:

This seriously confuses me.  I could have sworn Armondo saying that they choose an apt. in either the gay community or in an area that accepted the gay culture sooooo.... what's up with this?  And if they didn't WHY NOT??  Why are they here in this rural, unaccepting community??  This is the area where Kenny is supposed to get a job?? 

I believe he said they choose an apt in a gated community.--for safety reasons

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
(edited)
34 minutes ago, Dobian said:

I'm not disputing that and that was not my point. Kenny should know better than anyone that there are degrees and that not everyone or every place is the same. He knew damn well that they were in a small town. If they were in a small town in rural Missouri or New Hampshire he wouldn't insist on holding hands in public. For him to say "we're not accepted here in Mexico" is disingenuous. There are plenty of places in Mexico where they would be accepted no problem. And that he insists on painting the US unilaterally as a place where the LGBTQ community can freely express affection in the streets, is not helpful. 

Edited by Pepper Mostly
  • Love 12
(edited)
1 hour ago, Dirtybubble said:

That translator was hilarious.  It's not simply the translations were incorrect but that perky, female voice that is used for translation to English is funny.  When delivering bad news but in a happy sort of voice is just off putting.  Funny for us the viewers but I can see how both parties would be frustrated.  Major cheers to Jihoon's dad.  He always seems to be so polite and puts in an extra effort to make Devan feel comfortable.  Is there anyway she can bypass mom and talk directly to his father?  I feel like the conversation would go better with a sympathetic ear.

And speaking of people who are easy to talk to--major cheers to Yazan's uncle for trying to set everything straight.  He was polite and respectful to Brittany while laying out the truths of the situation.  Fully enjoyed listening to him and I feel like he'd be a good friend to have.  I think Brittany might need some female friends to talk to one on one since she wouldn't be able to talk to Yazan's uncle with Yazan actually there.  I think that's part of the problem.  Brittany is 100% dependent on Yazan for EVERYTHING and she can't just simply vent.  There are some things only another female would understand and maybe if she could have a one on one with someone that would help her out.

Yeah, so, when you are bearing your soul out of despair with the future of your marriage at stake, your translator says something about happy, singing birds. WHAT?  It could have been used to break the tension, but, I guess all humor was gone at that point.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
On 7/20/2020 at 7:53 PM, KateHearts said:

Honestly, this entire episode seemed soooo scripted.  First, we have Libby's idiot dad and brother immediately grilling Andrei in the car and rolling their eyes at absolutely everything Moldovan.  I am not a huge Andrei fan but can you blame him for resenting them? The two of them just going on and on and on... "Dude, tell us.  Bro, come on; you didn't just leave your family to go to another place without a reason." Then all of the stupid American questions.  And the endless complaining... yes, sometimes airports are crowded. Yes, sometimes you have to walk a long way to get to your connecting gate.  Just SHUT UP already.  And Dad, you pose as the "protective Dad" but remember something: your daughter is a grown-ass woman, married with a child and you can just sit down about "protecting" her. That ship has sailed.

The whole interrogation seemed scripted and stupid. They could have asked him all of these questions a long time ago if they were that suspicious. The complaints and insults to the country were juvenile. I am not a fan of Andrei and would not be surprised if he was booted from for some serious infractions. He's a loose cannon and probably found himself in some kind of trouble. Libby and her family are toxic but she deserves whatever misery she has for staying with a mooching caveman. 

On another note: the last couple of lines in the quoted post should apply to Kalani's (Happily Ever After) tough guy father who thinks he sounds all macho and protective but really sounds like a juvenile clown.

1 hour ago, Persnickety1 said:

I still love Armando and Kenny.  I think their minor bumps in the road are being played up by the producers to try to create drama that doesn't seem to actually be there.  

I wish I could agree with this but I just think they are at such different places in their lives and those will be glaring as they spend more time together. Kenny does not seem sympathetic to Armando. He feels, as Armando said, "rejected" when Armando won't hold hands or kiss in public. Armando is just coming into his first gay relationship, in a country that he said is "macho" and is worried. Kenny can't relate to that so he wants Armando to just discard it. He acts as though Armando can just change into a different person at the drop of a hat. It doesn't work that way. Kenny had a much different life in the US and has no problem being himself. He needs to let Armando be himself and do things when he is comfortable doing so. Feeling all rejected and disappointed making that known to Armando does not help at all. I think Kenny is very high maintenance and has this offputting tone when he disagrees with or doesn't like something. It's like he looks down on a lot of things. That would drive me crazy. I loved these two at first and hope they are able to make it, but Kenny needs to be a bit more understanding to Armando's feelings. 

Ari's mother demanding that Bini provide the lifestyle that mom expects had me laughing. Unless mom and dad plan on financing their life, it ain't happening. I had no idea he was married before to an American but as Ari is a moron to listen to him say that his ex-wife saw that he was talking to other women and left him. That is her future. Mom's line of questioning should have shifted to: "Do you have many female friends that you talk to online? What if Ari doesn't want you talking to them? Is that okay with you?" When mom told her that she'll be home alone with a baby and he'll be dancing with girls in clubs, that was spot on.

No real interest in the cheater guy. Did that gal say at some point before he went there that she forgave him for cheating or was it simply argued about and never mentioned again until now? He was acting as though she was wrong to get angry at the cheating revelation and instead should have been appreciative that he told her. 

I did not believe for one second that the translator app went that far off. Deavan is a fool for sure but it really pissed me off when his mother laughed. Deavan did spent a lot of money and give up a lot to move there. Jihoon is an irresponsible manbaby at 30 who is not supporting his kid and mom thinks it's funny. I don't believe that mom has any of Jihoon's money. He probably had mom dole it out to him in increments so he could hang with his friends and not spend it all at once. Or he has a "problem" of some kind that sucks up all his money. Why would he give her the money for months before Deavan got there and then not give it to her or pay for the AirBnB or others stuff when she arrived? Because he's a manbaby and wanted to keep the money all for himself to have fun with. 

So happy Jenny and Sumit were not on this week. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
5 minutes ago, configdotsys said:

I wish I could agree with this but I just think they are at such different places in their lives and those will be glaring as they spend more time together. Kenny does not seem sympathetic to Armando. He feels, as Armando said, "rejected" when Armando won't hold hands or kiss in public. Armando is just coming into his first gay relationship, in a country that he said is "macho" and is worried. Kenny can't relate to that so he wants Armando to just discard it. He acts as though Armando can just change into a different person at the drop of a hat. It doesn't work that way.

Yes, this is very true.  Armando is going to feel a bit nervous for a while; this is all very new to him.  I'm surprised that Kenny isn't more understanding, but maybe his experience with his first gay relationship was different.  

8 minutes ago, configdotsys said:

Ari's mother demanding that Bini provide the lifestyle that mom expects had me laughing. Unless mom and dad plan on financing their life, it ain't happening. I had no idea he was married before to an American but as Ari is a moron to listen to him say that his ex-wife saw that he was talking to other women and left him. That is her future. Mom's line of questioning should have shifted to: "Do you have many female friends that you talk to online? What if Ari doesn't want you talking to them? Is that okay with you?" When mom told her that she'll be home alone with a baby and he'll be dancing with girls in clubs, that was spot on.

Correct.  Ari will never feel like an adult if her mother keeps running behind her.  As for Bini, maybe I am an old fart, but I don't get this, "you can't talk to anybody on the opposite sex online."  It's because I'm in a 12 step program and unless you only go to same sex meetings, you will talk to people of the opposite sex.  Just because you talk to people online doesn't mean you're sleeping with them.  But maybe I'm just an old fart.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

Correct.  Ari will never feel like an adult if her mother keeps running behind her.  As for Bini, maybe I am an old fart, but I don't get this, "you can't talk to anybody on the opposite sex online."  It's because I'm in a 12 step program and unless you only go to same sex meetings, you will talk to people of the opposite sex.  Just because you talk to people online doesn't mean you're sleeping with them.  But maybe I'm just an old fart.

I think the phrase "talking to other women online" is code for flirting and suggestive type texts. The first thing that came to mind when Bini said that his wife left because she found that he was talking to other girls online was that those messages were flirtatious or sexual in nature.  Perhaps he was receiving suggestive photos and commenting on them. That's totally unacceptable in my view. But just bs'ing with opposite sex friends and joking around? I do it all the time with married friends, single friends, and never had a problem with my spouse doing that either. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, configdotsys said:

I think the phrase "talking to other women online" is code for flirting and suggestive type texts. 

"We was talking" is a common phrase on shows like The People's Court when the judge asks if the litigants were in a relationship.  In their vernacular, "talking" indicates activities up to and including full-on sex.

Judge Milian cracked me up the other day.  She asked one of the litigants, "Were you involved in a sexual relationship?"  His response, "We was talking."  She stopped him and said, "No, you and I are talking.  Period.  Were you doing more than this with her?"  (Yes, they were.)

• LOL 10
  • Love 3

Melyza needs to dump Tim.  He will always blame her for his lies.  It will never be his fault because she made him too scared to tell her.  It's the same story with men like jihoon and ash.  

I really like armando.  

Wigs and weaves take so much work.  If I were Brittney, id take this opportunity to find a nice headcovering.  Has she told yazan yet that she is still married?

• Love 9
8 hours ago, steff13 said:

I agree that if you choose to continue a relationship you cannot rehash the past infidelity.  

However, it sounds like he continues to tell a less than candid version of events in order to protect his interests.  

I think she should dump him because him rushing to blame her for her lack of honesty is a huge red flag.  

How can you have a successful relationship when you constantly have to fact check your significant other?

She found out about his infidelity on social media.  Cheesedick is both an idiot and an asshole. 

• Love 6
6 hours ago, Neurochick said:

I can't stand Deavan.  She had baby with a man child and acts like she's surprised he's a man child.  I wonder if her first baby daddy was like Jihoon.  When she was introduced, didn't she say something about how she likes Asian men?

I think Ari's mom came off as a "Karen."  I thought Ari was a grown woman but maybe not.

My theory is that Devan wanted to be a cared for, stay at home mom.  

I think the men who have the background to financially care for a woman with a child are few and far between in the US and probably want someone who is childless.  These men are probably savvy enough to use a condom. 

I think jihoon....who is a liar.....told Devan he had a great, financially stable career and she saw a mark.  

She should have gotten to know him better before taking such a risk.  She can leave Korea all she wants.  It means that she will now be a single mother to.two children.  That sucks. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

It's Ari's baby and Ari's decisions re health and happiness!

Mom needs to butt out.  It's not her business anymore.  Ari and Bimi are adults.  Dumb adults but now should be in charge of their own baby and business!M

Enablers just never get it!  They have to FIX everything for adult children and I have to ask the question....how's that working out for you?

I agree... however, as a grandmother I can see where Ari’s mother is coming from. There’s a strong desire of grandparents- especially those who have the means to help-to want to ensure the security of the child. She’s understandably concerned about the welfare of the baby once she leaves Ethiopia - and rightfully so. Ari is as dumb as a post and ill-prepared to care for herself, much less her new family. 

Most of us with adult children are capable of letting them figure out their lives and make their own mistakes. But knowing there is a tiny innocent many miles away in possibly concerning or dangerous conditions would make me get more involved.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, RealReality said:

I agree that if you choose to continue a relationship you cannot rehash the past infidelity.  

However, it sounds like he continues to tell a less than candid version of events in order to protect his interests.  

I think she should dump him because him rushing to blame her for her lack of honesty is a huge red flag.  

How can you have a successful relationship when you constantly have to fact check your significant other?

She found out about his infidelity on social media.  Cheesedick is both an idiot and an asshole. 

I agree he's a douchecanoe and that she needs to dump him.  But she chose not to, so she needs to let it go.  They're not married, they don't have children together, she's not bound to him in any way except that she chooses to be.  I don't get the appeal, personally.

• Love 11

I'm thinking more about Jihoon's mom. Deaven came with the baby... Jihoon's mom didn't even make a move toward the baby. Didn't seem to look at him. Aren't they still at a grandparents stage where they want to fuss over him? Jihoon's dad rushed over to help Deaven. I think Jihoon's mom really doesn't care and she was serious when she said she didn't want Deaven for a daughter in law.

• Love 10