Type keyword(s) to search

Christina on the Coast: Season 3 Episode Talk

She is so predictable.  Every kitchen is white cabinets, gray island and white counter top with gray veining. The backsplash is white subway or a combo gray/white backsplash.  Everyone gets the same thing.  No imagination.  Boring.  I saw last night's show , Aug 6TH, and why are her kids sitting on the island eating?  Ridiculous.  Put their butts in chairs.

I suggest that the kids sitting at the island eating was to make for better filming.     And to show how busy she is getting three kids ready for the day.   Why was Taylor sitting on the counter?    

I felt sorry for the husband last night, everything he wanted was shot down by the wife, and Christina, except the bar that had to be acceptable to the wife. 

It might be me, but I cant stand to see kids all over the kitchen counters or bars! I don't want their butts and/or feet where I cook or eat.  A boo hoo, baby woke up and another kid puked. That's life!

• Love 1
10 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I felt sorry for the husband last night, everything he wanted was shot down by the wife, and Christina, except the bar that had to be acceptable to the wife. 

Me too, I kept thinking of the dismissive wife in the Wayfair jingle commercial.

ETA: If I had double ovens, I would hate to go down to just  one

Edited by sheetmoss
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, justdoit10 said:

Everyone gets the same thing.  No imagination.  Boring. 

Probably because everyone WANTS the same thing, otherwise they wouldn't call/hire her.

And you don't want too much imagination because IMO that octagon/subway tile mishmash of a backsplash was horrible! What might look good on a floor, does not necessarily translate well to a backsplash.

• Love 1

I agree, you don't apply for this show, or any other design show on HGTV (Property Brothers, Fixer Upper, Home Town, etc). unless you want their design style.    Or if you just want to be on TV, and dislike the design style you end up with, then you shouldn't have applied.   Remember the people on Trading Spaces that hated their reveals?     But they applied to be on it.

If you don't want trendy, and a look that you'll want to change in a few years, then don't apply or agree (I bet some are friends, or neighbors, who just agreed to be on for that reason) to be on the show.    I would only apply for this show if I had enough money to redo what I hated.     I really hate the mix of metals in the finishes now.  

• Love 1

I'd say Home Town is an exception. Ben & Erin do listen to what the homeowners want. In a recap shop, Erin said the woman buyer could do whatever Erin wanted, except that she wanted the lower cabinets to be only drawers, no doors, so that's what she got. And Erin is much more adventurous with color - she doesn't do white shaker cabinets in every house.

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, chessiegal said:

I'd say Home Town is an exception. Ben & Erin do listen to what the homeowners want. In a recap shop, Erin said the woman buyer could do whatever Erin wanted, except that she wanted the lower cabinets to be only drawers, no doors, so that's what she got. And Erin is much more adventurous with color - she doesn't do white shaker cabinets in every house.

Good point about Home Town, and I suspect the homeowners on that show give a whole lot more information on their likes and dislikes than on other shows. 

However, with Christina's show, I bet the homeowners know exactly what they'll get before that agree to be on the show.    With the last show, they could have done a light gray cabinet, and it would have still brightened the room up compared to the original kitchen.  

• Love 1
19 hours ago, MsTree said:

Probably because everyone WANTS the same thing, otherwise they wouldn't call/hire her.

And you don't want too much imagination because IMO that octagon/subway tile mishmash of a backsplash was horrible! What might look good on a floor, does not necessarily translate well to a backsplash.

And it makes for a boring show to see the same kitchen repeated every week.

3 hours ago, justdoit10 said:

And it makes for a boring show to see the same kitchen repeated every week.

Not always. Sometimes it's a different color island, or uppers/lowers, maybe some floating shelves...and let's not forget that fugly backsplash 😉

• Love 1

Just watched a couple of episodes this morning.  She definitely seems like she has more of a personality on this show than Flip or Flop.  She's a pretty good designer but kind of one note...gray/white/black. She always seems to pick the same backsplashes for the kitchens.  I love seeing her kids and the new baby though.

Is her new husband a contractor?

41 minutes ago, NYGirl said:

Just watched a couple of episodes this morning.  She definitely seems like she has more of a personality on this show than Flip or Flop.  She's a pretty good designer but kind of one note...gray/white/black. She always seems to pick the same backsplashes for the kitchens.  I love seeing her kids and the new baby though.

Is her new husband a contractor?

New husband is a mechanic on the 'Wheeler Dealers' TV show.

• Love 1