Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
OnceSane

S02.E08: Rude Awakening

Recommended Posts

Quote

Brittany feels alone after clashing with Yazan's parents; Kenny and Armando are finally reunited; Jenny meets Sumit's lawyer and learns the truth about his divorce; Tim moves to Colombia to win back Melyza; Jihoon turns to his mum for help.

Airs July 20, 2020.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Sumit was a virgin when he met Jenny?  Wasn't he already married? 

  • Like 7
  • Laugh 2
  • Surprise 4

Share this post


Link to post

This show can be educational in many ways despite often being fake and contrived. I didn’t realize how much clout the parents in so many cultures have in terms of interfering in the lives of their adult grown children. Families are important of course, but controlling families when you’re all growd up. It’s gotta be difficult.

Jenny’s glasses always look dirty or steamed up.

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
24 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

Sumit wasn't married when he first met Jenny, which was why his parents quickly arranged his marriage.  

I noticed Brittany's attitude and disposition changed when she saw her apartment.  Yazan must be loaded.  

I was surprised at Kenny's behavior.  I thought he'd be more open minded.

I think Kenny is realizing how real it just got.  He is 57, raised four kids solo, was a fully functioning adult (unlike most people on this show) and it is sinking in that, at least for now, he is so dependent on Armondo.  Glad he has his car!!!  I bet he thought, like I do, that in some parts of Mexico there are some people who speak some English.  I am 55, just a bit younger than Kenny, and although I am far from uber picky, I do like things a certain way.   It is more little things like coffee a certain eay, but yeah, I can se him being a little surprised at life in Mexico.

 

37 minutes ago, Pondlass1 said:

Jenny’s glasses always look dirty or steamed up.

Between her and Danielle, I wanted to clean thieir glasses all the time.

 

37 minutes ago, Pondlass1 said:

I didn’t realize how much clout the parents in so many cultures have in terms of interfering in the lives of their adult grown children.

Yep - and when an American says, "He (or she) needs to stand up for me!" my hubby and I talk back to the tv:  "No, they won't."  You just DON'T.   A few years back, we were at an Asian restaurant and the owner (who was from Thailand) was chatting us up.  Came out that he and my younger son had (or my son will have) degrees in Mechanical Engineering.  Owner looks at me and says:  "Lucky you!!  He will support you in your elder years and write you a check every month."  I was like.....SURE!  No, but that is just how it is in other countries.

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
  • Like 17
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

And here’s where the love fest ends for Kenny and Armando.... we all knew it had to crash sometime. I can’t believe how ignorant Kenny came across in this episode. I mean what was he thinking??? All of his comments were so cringeworthy. I really wonder why they chose the city that they moved to? If they are both starting fresh in a new town, why not move to a city like Merida, were there are a ton of foreigners and gay people? 

  • Like 24
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post

Jenny and Sumit: Girl, he could be paying the lawyer to tell you crap. Heck, he could get some sort of document that he could convince you is divorce papers. It could be a pet adoption for all you know. You need to find your own lawyer, so you are not being hoodwinked and led on. The documents could be taken to that person and hopefully no one is paying that person to lie to you. Why Sumit is worth it, who knows. His friends and their wives are not supportive of you and your age difference. You were his first? Hmmmmm..... don't really believe that.

Brittany and Yazan: The meltdown in the car was something. I would probably have had the lightbulb moment when I realized that this is not what I want and whether I loved Yazan or not, living in Jordan, being forced to convert to Islam, was not for me. I could love him but not be with him. And that is just the initial isssue. You still have not told him that you are technically married. Wonder if Dad lent Yazan the money for the swanky apartment or if his family is well off. Working at a fish market doesn't pay that well.

Deaven and Jihoon: Or really, Jihoon crying to mama Jihoon that he has screwed up. He should not have married Deaven until he could actually have some sort of meaningful employment. Of course, this is the 21st century, and both could work and support each other. Deaven had some unrealistic expectations or been lied to and told that Jihoon would support her and the kids. No real reason to get married - he just could have sent some payments to Deaven and visited his kid when he could.

Tim and Melyza: Don't get the attraction. Why would a girl like Melyza want Tim? He comes across as an old piece of apple pie with some of the filling eaten out of the crust. She seems to have a job, her family lives in a nice home, and she will use his cheating as leverage over him for as long as their relationship lasts. He is uninteresting and unattractive. How is his emotional support cat going to fit in with her two dogs and a cat?

Kenny and Armando: The initial cracks are starting to form. Kenny is used to his old life, being in control and not having to depend on anyone. For a while, he will be depending on Armando. Their home isn't close to anything like he had in terms of his living in Florida - shopping was probably a few minutes' drive; his Spanish is not that great; the food and food handling is different - people openly making bread without gloves or the sanitation he is used to. It may be a tough adjustment for him for a month or two. He is probably used to having the upper hand, and now he doesn't and he is scared and out of his comfort zone.

  • Like 20

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Inga said:

And here’s where the love fest ends for Kenny and Armando.... we all knew it had to crash sometime. I can’t believe how ignorant Kenny came across in this episode. I mean what was he thinking??? All of his comments were so cringeworthy. I really wonder why they chose the city that they moved to? If they are both starting fresh in a new town, why not move to a city like Merida, were there are a ton of foreigners and gay people? 

I wondered about the location too.  They said it was a bigger city with job opportunities for Kenny, but I doubt it if the nearest bank is 40 minutes away.

  • Like 6
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post

I can’t get over Jihoon’s mom telling him that it was okay for him to lie to Deavan, because a little white lie doesn’t hurt. Only the lie wasn’t little. This man-child that she raised is almost 30 years old, still needs to take naps and can’t be trusted with money. Clearly, they went wrong somewhere.

 I don’t think Jenny and Sumit are being realistic about how difficult it is going to be for Jenny to live in India. His family and friends will never accept her. I thought they had a strong relationship, so I was surprised to hear her say that she is worried he will return home.  

  • Like 17

Share this post


Link to post

For whatever reasons, Kenny and Armando seemed to find the reality of their reunion a bit less than the dream. 

  • Like 7
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post

Tim isn't moving to Colombia. He kept his job and his apartment, so it's a long holiday at best. He also looks nothing like he did in those pics with Melissa when they'd just met!

Jihoon's mom telling him he shouldn't cry because he's a guy was so sad.

Kenny's grandpa side is coming out, walking around all confused. Loved that guy telling him off at the restaurant! I also understand the overwhelm of living abroad, especially when you don't speak the language, but he could've googled at least the exchange rate. I don't speak spanish but I can still buy my own groceries or order food in Spanish-speaking countries with a little effort.

Points for Yazan on managing to calm down crazy Brittany and getting a nice apartment. Wonder how he can afford it with his fish market salary...

Edited by Takitaki
  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post

Brittany is quite the princess isn’t she!   She has probably always gotten her was by a combination of pouting and batting her eyes.  She has been indulged by her father and sugar daddies.  Now that she is in a situation with people who won’t give in, she’s lost.  Even with the nice apartment which made her happy, Yazam refused to spend the night... he moved her I. To make her happy but probably also in anticipation of their upcoming nuptials.  

Kenny is probably used to bring the caretaker and feels useless.  But he would not have successfully raised his kids if he couldn’t deal with challenges.   I expect that once is properly rested and feels more capable, things will go better.  

So, Sumit was a virgin.  Explains why Jenny is so determined.   He is probably the first guy where she has felt she has the upper hand in the bedroom.  

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post

I got up to putter around during Jenny and SomeMeat's portion. It's just the same thing over and OVER, season after season. Don't give a flip about them anymore. I prefer to watch the cows wandering the streets.

I love Mama Jihoon. Especially the way she deadpans everything. Basically "stop blubbering and man up".  Although, she's most likely the reason why he's the way he is today.

Ahh, shit. Here we all go getting disappointed in the Kenny/Armando romance relief we've needed. I agree with others though, Kenny was/is most likely tired and overwhelmed. But, I already called the diva factor previously, when I saw where he was living in Florida and how much hair products he needs. I'm disappointed he didn't even learn the currency exchange, or how to order and understand basic Mexican dishes. Also, kudos to the guy sitting nearby at the restaurant! I'm just glad we didn't have to wait until the end of the episode to see it.

Seeing the pics of Melyza and Tim, he seems to have gained a significant amount of weight. Only thing I recognized in the pics of them together were his ruby red lips. I don't get the attraction either. Even she mentioned something about being surprised about being with a "White guy". She seems articulate and level-headed. I like that Madre Melyza doesn't give two shits that he left his home country for her and "that's the least he could do". 

I'm confused about the apartment with Brittany and Yazoo. So, he did the romantic gesture with the rose petals on the bed, but they cannot boom boom in private there until they are married? They either just need to have long-distance flings or he needs to move to the US. Not gonna work any other way, but again, this is all fabricated drama and she's probably already back home leading the twerk life.

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post

8 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Brittany and Yazan: The meltdown in the car was something. I would probably have had the lightbulb moment when I realized that this is not what I want and whether I loved Yazan or not, living in Jordan, being forced to convert to Islam, was not for me. I could love him but not be with him. And that is just the initial isssue. You still have not told him that you are technically married. Wonder if Dad lent Yazan the money for the swanky apartment or if his family is well off. Working at a fish market doesn't pay that well.

I was really half expecting Yazan to tell her to calm down and have a snickers.  

7 hours ago, Adeejay said:

I can’t get over Jihoon’s mom telling him that it was okay for him to lie to Deavan, because a little white lie doesn’t hurt. Only the lie wasn’t little. This man-child that she raised is almost 30 years old, still needs to take naps and can’t be trusted with money. Clearly, they went wrong somewhere.

I was super shocked at the Mom Jihoon. I guess it's a stereotype that Asian parents have high standards for their kids and they expect great things from them (perfect grades, top uni, excellent job, etc).  She's basically has babied Jihoon his whole life and now wants him to man up. Too late Mama. At this point I do not understand why Jihoon won't move to the States (and I am not buying the excuse of his selling hot cell phones).

Colour me super shocked that Jenny took Summit's cherry for maybe 1 second. No wonder he is so attached to her.  She's the only one who showed him how to get freaky between the sheets.  

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 11

Share this post


Link to post

I laughed at Sumit's friend saying that Sumit and Jenny walking holding hands looked like Grandma and Grandson. Maybe Sumit is letting himself gain weight and look dumpy so he appears older, and Jenny probably thinks with that long hair she looks younger. I guess at least Jenny was self aware enough to know why the wives didn't come along and didn't get upset about it.

  • Like 15

Share this post


Link to post

Jihoons mom is the real surprise in this episode . Up until now , she seemed down to earth and like a sweet woman . 
 

now we see she’s much of the reason jihoon is how he is . She told him that lying is ok and couldn’t understand what the big deal was , and that guys shouldn’t cry . I don’t care what culture you are apart of , telling your son he shouldn’t cry is terrible . No one should have to hold everything in . 
 

I guess I’m one of the few , but I didn’t think Kenny was being a diva . The nearest bank was 40 min away !! You’re not gonna just move to a diff country and feel comfortable instantly . Living in the US does spoil you , regardless of how well off ( or not ) you are . When you go from here to a diff country , your life is gonna change big time and it doesn’t mean you won’t eventually adjust , but of course it’s gonna be a major shock . 

  • Like 15

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Takitaki said:

Kenny's grandpa side is coming out, walking around all confused

I didn’t get the focus on bank proximity.  Most people pay their bills online now and plastic is accepted at most stores.

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
37 minutes ago, Jaclyn88 said:

Jihoons mom is the real surprise in this episode . Up until now , she seemed down to earth and like a sweet woman . 
 

She wasn’t a surprise to me. From what I’ve seen of her I get the impression she drifts through life not really thinking deeply about anything. And her son is the same. Does he have siblings? I honestly feel that if Deavon returns to the US with grandson she might not be too bothered and happy with face time once a week and visit every couple of years. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

I call b.s. on Kenny not understanding the currency. He's a smart guy and this isn't his first trip to Mexico. I call Sharp shenanigans. 

  • Like 20
  • Useful 2
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

I was trying to finish a book last night, and this show helped. I am really only here for Kenny/Armando and the histrionics of Jenny/Sumit. When Brittany started screaming or we had to listen to yet ANOTHER Jihoon speech about how he's such a loser (yet refuses to do anything about it, much akin to my complaining about the quarantine weight while reaching for another glass of wine), I just buried my face in the last 100 pages of my book and got it done.

I really don't think we need to worry about Kenny and Armando. It's hard to adjust to a new country, and there was definitely some producer-driven tension. That town reminded me of my old neighborhood in San Jose, CA (which truthfully was mostly Portuguese but there was a significant Mexican and Salvadoran population). Honestly, real Mexican food is great, but if you're used to eating healthy it is a bit indulgent. It's not something you want to eat all the time if you're trying to stay trim, and it can be a shock if you're used to eating really lean. That said, there are definitely ways to eat healthy in any cuisine, but like with American food, it can take work. But the candies looked so yummy--and probably weren't any less sanitary than your average prepackaged garbage in the US. And their THs betrayed the truth--they're fine and they can laugh about it. Honestly, every couple has fights or bickers from time to time, this was super mild, especially in comparison to every other couple we've seen.

Jihoon's mom can miss me with her "men don't cry" BS. I know she's Korean and they have different standards for gender expectations, but men have emotions just like women and they should be allowed to cry when they need to. I'm so tired of this whole storyline. They are boring and annoying at the same time. They're almost as tiresome as Brittany and Yazan.

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Jaclyn88 said:

now we see she’s much of the reason jihoon is how he is . She told him that lying is ok and couldn’t understand what the big deal was , and that guys shouldn’t cry . I don’t care what culture you are apart of , telling your son he shouldn’t cry is terrible . No one should have to hold everything in . 

 

I could care less whether she told him not to cry - telling him that a "white lie" is acceptable in a relationship is what I'm still vastly annoyed over!  If it was just Deavan that would be one thing - but there are children involved here and one of them is Jihoon's!

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

I was hoping Kim Richards would pop up and tell Brittany to eat a piece of bread and calm down.  What the fresh hell did she expect to happen what with her dismissal of all things Muslim when she's in the presence of a devout Muslim family?  "I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DOOOOOO!!!"  I know what you need to do...go the fuck home.  Problem solved because I don't believe for a hot minute that she feels any love for Yazan nor he for her.  Almost like they're bearding for each other, she to launch that (ridiculous) rap and social media career and he for...well, I have my suspicions but I shall keep them to myself for the moment.  Moving on...

That comment by Sumbitch's friend that Sumbitch and Jenny looked like grandma and grandson walking was priceless, especially since I always consider everything about her to look old beyond her years.  At least her clothes weren't too dreadful this episode.  Baby steps.  

If Dough Boy (Tim?) disappeared from the season right now, I would never miss him and surely would never wonder how/where he ended up.  Since he has a "support" cat, I'm wondering if the weight gain might be due to antidepressant medication, some of which are notorious for causing weight gain.  Not that I give a single fuck about him, but it crossed my mind looking at his older pictures.  

Time to nut up, Jihoon.  Crying isn't going to change a damned thing.  Save that for when you're in the shower.  You brought a child into the world and need to contribute to its upbringing.  If you can work more hours than you're working, then get your ass working, buddy.  You wanted to play like an adult and now it's time to act the part.  I agree with the poster above who said Deavan and kids should return to America and let Jihoon be a long-distance dad who sticks to video communication and sending money for the baby's support.  He's 30 (?), so the odds of him having an epiphany and becoming a responsible hard-working adult are slim at best.  Not saying it can't happen, but...yeah, odds are slim.  

I'm far from bilingual, but I can navigate my way through things like menus and basic information to a decent degree and pretty sure I could Google my way through a rough estimate of the exchange rate.  The culture might be vastly different in Mexico, but thanks to technology there are ways to ease the transition.  That apartment is so damned cute.  I kind of raised an eyebrow that it didn't have air conditioning, because I would assume it would be hot and humid in that part of Mexico in the summer.  The fireplace seemed more for ambiance than actual creation of a warm abode, but here again I wondered if it ever gets truly cold enough in that part of Mexico to require central heating.  I lived in Monterey bay for several years and at that time very few condos had air conditioning because the high was usually only around 80'ish (and when the weather was warm, it seemed we all swarmed to the beach anyway) but the places did have central heat and a fireplace to boot (again, more for ambiance than actual heat).  Looks like I might spend some time with Google later to research weather in that part of Mexico.  

 

 

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post

"We're in Mexico and all they have is Mexican food?  Where's the local Chinese takeout!"

I've lived in California my whole life and if I had to eat only Mexican food I would have no problem.  Beef, chicken, rice, vegetables.  They have good beer, they make chocolate, it's all good.

I enjoyed Brittany's recreation of that scene from Scanners, you know the one.

scanners.jpg

Jihoon's mom reminded me of Smokey and the Bandit when Buford T. Justice tells his son, "I can't believe you came from these loins."

The cameras missed the part after Sumit and Jenny left his "lawyer's" office, when he took his suit off and got his sheers and razor out for his next customer.

Edited by Dobian
  • Like 3
  • Laugh 12

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, snarkish said:

I'm confused about the apartment with Brittany and Yazoo. So, he did the romantic gesture with the rose petals on the bed, but they cannot boom boom in private there until they are married? They either just need to have long-distance flings or he needs to move to the US. Not gonna work any other way, but again, this is all fabricated drama and she's probably already back home leading the twerk life.

I’m assuming he figured they would be married in a day or two at the most so he got everything ready. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

I looked at Dr. Google, and the weather in La Mision average high in August is 80-81 Farenheit.     Easily manageable with a fan or maybe a small portable AC for the late afternoon/evenings a few nights during that time.    The minimum in December-January is not even close to freezing, so that fireplace might be enough for comfort.    The walls on the apartment looked fairly thick, so would probably be good insulation.    Also, since the balcony is high off the ground, then they could probably leave the slider open at night.   I think Kenny and Armando will be fine, as soon as they both adapt to their new location, and adjust to each other.   I suspect some of the issues they had were from producers wanting drama. 

That apartment looks wonderful.     I love all of the painted tiles too.      

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 12
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

Based on what we has seen from Kenny and Armando they remind of Cam and Mitchell, Kenny is super picky about his food and anything different from what he is comfortable with makes him a little nutty and Armando is Cam in the sense that he enjoys the unkown, the taking a chance or just going with the flow suits him...those two made it work by digging deep in to themselves and focusing on what is really important and I think Kenny and Armando will do fine, there is always a period of adjustment but I see them being very happy.

38 minutes ago, RoxiP said:

telling him that a "white lie" is acceptable in a relationship is what I'm still vastly annoyed over!

Maybe Mother Jihoon means when Deavan asks if her pants make her look fat tell her no, that little white lie is not so bad or maybe Jihoon is not truthful to Mother Jihoon about what really is happening?

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
43 minutes ago, RoxiP said:

I could care less whether she told him not to cry - telling him that a "white lie" is acceptable in a relationship is what I'm still vastly annoyed over!  If it was just Deavan that would be one thing - but there are children involved here and one of them is Jihoon's!

I think a true white lie is okay.  “Do I look fat in this dress?”  “No.”  But lying about saving money and obtaining an apartment are not white lies.

31 minutes ago, Persnickety1 said:

He's 30 (?), so the odds of him having an epiphany and becoming a responsible hard-working adult are slim at best.  Not saying it can't happen, but...yeah, odds are slim.  

According to mama as long as your act is together by 70 it’s a-okay.  I think dad is the sensible one.

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Based on what we has seen from Kenny and Armando they remind of Cam and Mitchell, Kenny is super picky about his food and anything different from what he is comfortable with makes him a little nutty and Armando is Cam in the sense that he enjoys the unkown, the taking a chance or just going with the flow suits him...those two made it work by digging deep in to themselves and focusing on what is really important and I think Kenny and Armando will do fine, there is always a period of adjustment but I see them being very happy.

Maybe Mother Jihoon means when Deavan asks if her pants make her look fat tell her no, that little white lie is not so bad or maybe Jihoon is not truthful to Mother Jihoon about what really is happening?

Who are Cam and Mitchell?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Brittany - you are still married.  You understand a lot better than you make out.  Your little plan is not working which is why you are in hysterics. 

She ranks right up there with Andrrrie and Asshat!!!

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, mamadrama said:

 My husband, likewise, had a full on breakdown on his first night living in the US. We were eating at Applebees and he'd never had to make so many choices before

Adjusting to another country is hard.

Be glad you didn't take him to Cheesecake Factory with their encyclopedia sized menu he would have started rocking gently in the fetal position with the mind boggling choices....the portion size also is frightening....

  • Like 8
  • Laugh 13

Share this post


Link to post

50 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I looked at Dr. Google, and the weather in La Mision average high in August is 80-81 Farenheit.     Easily manageable with a fan or maybe a small portable AC for the late afternoon/evenings a few nights during that time. 

I'd have no problem living in Mexico's climate.  We live in California and it gets hot here, and our house has no air conditioning.  We open the windows.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, Kangatush said:

I wondered about the location too.  They said it was a bigger city with job opportunities for Kenny, but I doubt it if the nearest bank is 40 minutes away.

La Mision is only 40 minute drive from Ensenada which is a mega cruise port for the west coast of Mexico.

La Mision is also only 75 minutes from San Ysidro, CA which is the US side from Tijuana.

From San Ysidro you drive another 10 minutes to San Diego  but SD is spread.

Gramps is just cranky because he will have to use Google translate.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

 

Jenny and Sumit: Girl, he could be paying the lawyer to tell you crap. Heck, he could get some sort of document that he could convince you is divorce papers. It could be a pet adoption for all you know.

 

I saw a comment on Instagram saying Sumit could give Jenny a roll of paper towels and she would believe they were his divorce papers.

Speaking of Jenny, she continues to surprise me with the extent of her idiocy. She really thought Sumit’s friends’ wives would be open to meeting her? They’re probably worried she is going to upgrade her Indian boyfriend and poach one of their husbands.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

Sumit won't produce divorce papers. Brittany's still married. Jihoon's still a lying slacker. So far Kenny's biggest drama is whether or not he wants his steak in or out of a burrito. 

  • Like 6
  • Laugh 17

Share this post


Link to post

Kenny should be okay living there after a few weeks. He will start to pick up the language and see what is around. 

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Tim and Melyza: Don't get the attraction. Why would a girl like Melyza want Tim? He comes across as an old piece of apple pie with some of the filling eaten out of the crust. She seems to have a job, her family lives in a nice home, and she will use his cheating as leverage over him for as long as their relationship lasts. He is uninteresting and unattractive. How is his emotional support cat going to fit in with her two dogs and a cat?

Kenny and Armando: The initial cracks are starting to form. Kenny is used to his old life, being in control and not having to depend on anyone. For a while, he will be depending on Armando. Their home isn't close to anything like he had in terms of his living in Florida - shopping was probably a few minutes' drive; his Spanish is not that great; the food and food handling is different - people openly making bread without gloves or the sanitation he is used to. It may be a tough adjustment for him for a month or two. He is probably used to having the upper hand, and now he doesn't and he is scared and out of his comfort zone.

Melyza's not all that.  I've seen better looking women walking down the street in Washington Heights.  Still, I don't know what's go interesting about Tim.  He's a wet noodle.

I knew there was going to be an issue with Kenny and Armando.  But Kenny acted like so many ugly Americans on these shows,

"ugh, you eat THAT?" 

"Why isn't she wearing gloves?" 

"That tastes nasty." 

"I guess I should have learned some Spanish before I went to live in Mexico."  You think?

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

13 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Between her and Danielle, I wanted to clean thieir glasses all the time.

Danielle's off kiltered glasses always looked  like she just smacked into a wall.

Jenny's grimy glasses pick up the oiliness from her greasy hair.

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Like 3
  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

 But Kenny acted like so many ugly Americans on these shows,

"ugh, you eat THAT?" 

"Why isn't she wearing gloves?" 

"That tastes nasty." 

"I guess I should have learned some Spanish before I went to live in Mexico."  You think?

My heart sank for Mando when the snitty comments started to spew from Ken.

GrampyKen better put a sock in his piehole when he visits Armando's family and village....no bitchy asides.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post

Plenty of non-Mexicans love horchata (rice water) and order it at Mexican restaurants.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, Adeejay said:

Yazan must be loaded.  

 

I doubt it, he seems to be driving a 1995 carolla or similar.

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

The way Cheesedick says Colombia makes me want to punch him in the face. 🤷🏻‍♂️

  • Like 18
  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post

This show's a fucking snore. They ought to cut Meleeza and Cheesedick immediately. They're what, eight episodes in, and I think they've had four segments total, and not a one of them in Cohlohmbia yet. Cut them and give more time to watching Kenny inexplicably seem shocked that he's not in America anymore. I need the answer to why they didn't move to Florida together, rather than Kenny going to Mexico. Britney and Yazan can get the ax too, I just don't for one second believe she has any interest in something other than television. Her whack ass eyelashes falling off all over the place, aghast that she isn't being treated like an American woman. YOU moved THERE. It's not THEIR problem. Sumit's friends bagging on Jenny seems rather uncool, especially since both their wives punked their asses by telling them they're not going to be at the meeting.

At this point I don't even like the pillow talk for this show. 

  • Like 6
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
16 minutes ago, Uncle JUICE said:

 I need the answer to why they didn't move to Florida together, rather than Kenny going to Mexico.

Armando has a young daughter, Hannah that he didn't want to move so far away from her grandparents, aunts, cousins.

 Hannah's mother was killed in a tragic auto accident.

However, later when she is older they could move further away.

  • Like 3
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

Sigh... we were waiting to see how the Mexican love story would go bad, and Kenny turns out to be yet another American who commits himself to living in a foreign land without doing even minimal research on what to expect and how to adapt. I do more research for a week long vacation trip abroad than they do for moving there permanently.

And the sheer rudeness of going to someone else's home land, especially your partner's, and being offended by the little things of daily life. Armando was excited to show him the candy cart that he loved as a child, and Kenny immediately turns his nose up and says it's gross and full of germs? That had to hurt his partner, but Kenny didn't care.

It's like inviting someone to your home and having them sneer at your way of life, your furnishings, your food, your income level. Just inexcusable. Can't look at that clown hair Kenny the same way now.

  • Like 20
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size