Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E06: Space Patrol

kieyra
  • Start Topic

As Niles and Cliff set out to find a missing Dorothy, Larry is tasked with handling Niles’ old research team when the ageless aeronauts return from space.

Airing Thursday, July 16, 2020

• Love 1

Cliff speaks for me when he says “Fuck Dorothy, I’m team Jane”. 

I was ready to mentally check out of Rita’s community theater until the play turned out to be mostly about her.

Why does Valentina look familiar? Because that’s Lorena from True Blood. 

Niles continues to be the worst.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Writing Wrongs said:

I kind of don't care about Cyborg and girlfriend. He's my least favorite character.

Right now they do sort of feel like they’ve been teleported in from a CW DC show.

• Love 4

They brought in Negative Woman, I'm glad they brought her in as counter to Larry instead of what the comics did. She gave up her humanity to the spirit and made Larry want to keep his. Although I don't know about mending things with his son. Maybe he could work on a relationship with his grandson and great grandson since he's living forever. 

Niles is an asshole, I'm not even sure why he chucked Cliff into Space. 

It'll be interesting to meet Miranda. I was wondering if we'd finally see Kay come back. 

Rita's play being about her and the doom patrol was a interesting twist. Maybe she can get what she needs from it. Before the other actress went with the world destroying she read Rita pretty well from a blob. 

Yeah Cyborgs storyline seems so separate right now. I just wonder if Roni will end up being a villain. 

• Love 6
(edited)

Niles is such a dick. I’m done with him. He’s manipulative and his endgame will always be Dorothy at the expense of everyone else. Everyone else whom he is responsible for their lot in life now. Ugh I never thought I’d hate him as much as I did when he chucked cliff into space. 

Cliff speaks for me when he says he’s Team Jane. I don’t hate dorothy, but Niles makes her insufferable. Cliff is also ten times the father Niles could ever be. He was ready to say deuces to the kid and in one sit down convo with her he was more of a dad to her then Niles had ever tried to be. 

I feel like there are a lot of little things coming into play now and im excited to see how they tie together...all except Vic/Cyborgs side story. I’m sorry to say but what a bore. I always end up spacing out when him and his girlfriend come on screen. At least they’ll be integrated with the group next week. 

Larry is using his grief and guilt to stay tied to his humanity and I’m conflicted on how I feel about that. I like that he knows he was a shitty husband and father before the Spirit came to him, and I like how he said it’s worth feeling as a way to make amends. On the other hand there has to be an end to that and a healthier happier way to stay tied to his humanity. 

Jane and the underground are fascinating and while Miranda popping up out of the well at the right time would usually be eye-roll-worthy for me, I just liked how it’s opened up a new angle for Jane/Kay. 

Also, usually the “self discovery” storyline would be like pulling teeth for me but I’m really loving Rita and her commitment to being better. 

In a time where im having a hard time watching new shows and staying focused I’m loving Doom Patrol. 

Edited by moonorchid
  • Love 3

I don't understand why Niles threw Cliff into space and 

Spoiler

how Cliff gets back to Earth as per next week previews.

I agree with posters above that Cliff is a way better father than Niles. That Vic's storyline is a bore and I am also Team Jane. I wonder if Baby Doll knows that Dorothy is a threat and that's why she tried to kill her?!

54 minutes ago, greekmom said:

I don't understand why Niles threw Cliff into space and 

Reveal spoiler

how Cliff gets back to Earth as per next week previews.

I agree with posters above that Cliff is a way better father than Niles. That Vic's storyline is a bore and I am also Team Jane. I wonder if Baby Doll knows that Dorothy is a threat and that's why she tried to kill her?!

I can only think because Cliff is the only one who knows what Dorothy did and he was afraid of Cliff informing the others. 

Niles lets fear inform all his decisions about Dorothy and it’s inadvertently becoming a self fulfilling prophecy.

• Useful 2
1 hour ago, moonorchid said:

I can only think because Cliff is the only one who knows what Dorothy did and he was afraid of Cliff informing the others. 

Ah, good call. I did wonder why he did it, but I didn't wonder too hard because Niles is reliably the worst and of course he spaced Cliff. 

I actually took it that Niles and Dorothy are going somewhere in space, and he believed Cliff could survive reentry to Earth. We'll see next week.

We got to see Kay! It's good to know that she's still somewhere in there, in what almost seemed like a secret door in the Underground. And Miranda didn't look entirely benevolent when she took over as primary.  I wonder who was in charge and doing the mourning / crying.

I was too busy laughing at the fake Challengers of the Unknown to pick up when they introduced the woman as "Moscow"; but I knew who she was as soon as she introduced herself as Valentina.  Larry's pain, when he realized that she was able to reach a rapport with the negative spirit in 5 years while he's been unsuccessfully fighting it for 50, was palpable.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

Freaking Niles...

So how many of these immortality research projects does Niles still have running? Niles obsession with protecting Dorothy/protecting the world from her is turning into a real self fulfilling prophesy. He has kept her alone so long (does she not age because she was in Danny?) and so childlike, that he makes it hard for her to mature enough to control her powers and these creepy imaginary friends. 

Larry has made progress with learning to live with the Negative Spirit and find peace with it, but its taken him some fifty years to even get to this point, while it only took Negative Woman five years, and you can tell how much that hurt him. Although to be fair, Larry went through a lot of other crap at the same time and directly following, and had massive issues with his identity even before having a space spirit possess him, so he should really cut himself some slack. I also think that it might be too late to salvage a relationship with his awful son, but maybe he can have some luck with his great-grandson one day?

Should be interesting finally meeting Miranda, and that Jane's personas might actually be able to die. Or be re-born? 

Cyborg and his girlfriend are so boring and generic, its like they brought this subplot in from some other, less interesting and quirky, show.

31 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

He has kept her alone so long (does she not age because she was in Danny?) and so childlike, that he makes it hard for her to mature enough to control her powers and th

Dorothy's mother was immortal, she was only living Neanderthal left. That's where Dorothy gets her immortality and slow aging. But he should've been teaching her through the ages, not continue to treat her like a child. 

• Love 2