Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E02: Beverly Hills Duggars

• Start Topic

I hated when a couple of the girls said their style of dress is “classy.” I think Lauren said “elegant.” My my! Why don’t you let the audience be the judge of that. More like “klassy.” Since when are bare feet and dirty flip flops classy? Classy and elegant would never be used to describe the clothing of any Duggar, or Duggar adjacent.

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
6 minutes ago, zenme said:

I hated when a couple of the girls said their style of dress is “classy.” I think Lauren said “elegant.” My my! Why don’t you let the audience be the judge of that. More like “klassy.” Since when are bare feet and dirty flip flops classy? Classy and elegant would never be used to describe the clothing of any Duggar, or Duggar adjacent.

I don’t think they have any idea what “classy” means. And how it is that different from “modest?”

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
7 minutes ago, tvisme said:

So, this was titled "Beverly Hills Duggars?'  I guess "The Beverly Hillbillies" was already taken!  😀

The producers throw us subtle bones here and there.

• LOL 12
2 hours ago, zenme said:

In Lauren's somewhat defense, I do think she usually looks quite put together and maybe not elegant or classy but not klassy. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 18
(edited)
3 minutes ago, Zella said:

Yeah I think she has a much better fashion sense than any of the actual Duggars. And I say this as someone who can't stand Lauren's personality. 

Same with me. I could see her in a different life, working in NYC, dressed to the nines. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Love 9
5 minutes ago, Zella said:

Yeah I think she has a much better fashion sense than any of the actual Duggars. And I say this as someone who can't stand Lauren's personality. 

I agree. I think Lauren dresses nicely. She shows off her figure but is very tasteful. 

• Love 17

Lauren seems like a very nice young lady, but, she sure seems very sensitive. Especially, to fragrances. The way she expresses her displeasure with certain odors, flavors and things that bother her makes me feel like I really do know her very well! I think it would drive me crazy tolerating that much of a picky person. It would likely get on my nerves a lot! 

• Love 10

I thought Kendra said her style was classic, not classy. Lauren said both classy and elegant, I think. Jessa's answer of comfortable makes me think she would be a messy bun, no make up, yoga pants type mom if she didn't live her life in front of a camera and hadn't grown up with strict clothing rules that she can't seem to shake. 

• Love 11
56 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Lauren seems like a very nice young lady, but, she sure seems very sensitive. Especially, to fragrances. The way she expresses her displeasure with certain odors, flavors and things that bother her makes me feel like I really do know her very well! I think it would drive me crazy tolerating that much of a picky person. It would likely get on my nerves a lot! 

I think she’s so sensitive because it brings her attention.  People like that can’t really tell good attention from bad attention.

• Useful 4
  • Love 10
6 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

I think she’s so sensitive because it brings her attention.  People like that can’t really tell good attention from bad attention.

With 8 siblings, she needed something to distinguish herself. She's now so ingrained in the behavior that she can't change. She probably will always be a negative Nellie. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
1 minute ago, Sew Sumi said:

With 8 siblings, she needed something to distinguish herself. She's now so ingrained in the behavior that she can't change. She probably will always be a negative Nellie. 

Exactly. People do what works for them. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Probably. If her husband sticks around for the entire show is anyone’s guess.  Imagine decades of that. 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, BigBingerBro said:

They are definitely confusing "classy" with "classic" but classic can be classy if one has style.

Meechelle thinks her style is “classic.”  Well the Tin Man dress is certainly a classic!  And Bin is “urban”?  He wishes!

• LOL 15
  • Love 1

How does Ben define urban fashion? I do not at all claim to be an expert in fashion . . . but is this "urban"? 

phuawdxfs42qbwe.jpg

Something tells me the answer is "no." 

• LOL 22
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Zella said:

How does Ben define urban fashion? I do not at all claim to be an expert in fashion . . . but is this "urban"? 

phuawdxfs42qbwe.jpg

The poor boy is just so sheltered. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 6
10 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

Lauren and Si seem to have a much nicer home than the others.  A tri level.  How did they manage that?

If they're living in the same house they were in at the beginning of the year, it was basically one of the only Duggar kid homes I couldn't find a prior connection to JB for. I'm not sure how he got the house, but I found that interesting. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 3

I thought some years ago it was Michelle was deemed the girls style of dress was to be 'modern modest'. In this episode, she says her daughters came up with that label. Which is it, Michelle? I love how the story changes with them. Do they actually think that the audience doesn't remember?

• Love 9
19 hours ago, Zella said:

I've not seen the episode, but I always thought Jana was an introvert (said as a fellow introvert), and it's possible she just had reached her point of maximum social interaction for the day. I also never got the impression Jinger and Jana were close, so it might have just felt like another damn chore rather than a fun outing, especially while being filmed. 

As a fellow introvert I agree.  You can love the people you're with, but when you've had enough social time, you're done.

• Love 17
34 minutes ago, FizzyPuff said:

Jeremy described his style as grandpa which made me laugh,but then he said that’s what other people would call it,he’d call it timeless, well ok then grandpa 😂

I do remember his grandpa phase in Laredo. I think he has gone far past it, though. 🤣

• LOL 2
11 hours ago, Zella said:

phuawdxfs42qbwe.jpg

Did he mean urbane? He's not that either, but it would make more sense than urban.

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, lascuba said:

Did he mean urbane? He's not that either, but it would make more sense than urban.

Yes I would accept urbane as a "not quite right but I see what you are going for" from him. Truthfully, that mustache picture of him is like peak 2015 U of A MFA in Poetry hipster douchebag vibe. He would have fit right in. 😄

• LOL 17
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

Lauren and Si seem to have a much nicer home than the others.  A tri level.  How did they manage that?

I'm not sure what house you mean. I kept dozing off so I may have missed shots of their house.

If you mean the house the girls had their Ladies Day in, that was the compound ammo room house they recently sold.  Or it seemed it was that house because they kept showing overhead shots of it.

Not sure if this has been discussed, but I don't think Lolli or Kendra's mom should have been included.  I think Lolli was included as a baby sitter but she ended up voicing her opinions as usual.

Kendra was cracking me up when she headed right to the choc chip cookies & said something about craving chocolate more this pregnancy.  Also when her mom said Kendra just said "ouch" during certain parts of labor when most women would be screaming or crying out in pain.

I was impressed how Joy discussed  how she handled her newborn nieces Fall births, the same time Annabelle was due.  How she asked God to give her strength & help her through.  I felt her words came directly from her heart & weren't TLC or even Austin driven. 

• Love 22
1 hour ago, Barb23 said:

I'm not sure what house you mean. I kept dozing off so I may have missed shots of their house.

If you mean the house the girls had their Ladies Day in, that was the compound ammo room house they recently sold.  Or it seemed it was that house because they kept showing overhead shots of it.

Not sure if this has been discussed, but I don't think Lolli or Kendra's mom should have been included.  I think Lolli was included as a baby sitter but she ended up voicing her opinions as usual.

Kendra was cracking me up when she headed right to the choc chip cookies & said something about craving chocolate more this pregnancy.  Also when her mom said Kendra just said "ouch" during certain parts of labor when most women would be screaming or crying out in pain.

I was impressed how Joy discussed  how she handled her newborn nieces Fall births, the same time Annabelle was due.  How she asked God to give her strength & help her through.  I felt her words came directly from her heart & weren't TLC or even Austin driven. 

No not that monstrosity they had spa day in.  They showed the couple's in their own homes.  One in a lot cabin style home I think that's Kendra.  One in the trailer that's John David and Abbie.

Laurens home was a very nice tri level.  Just seemed 'more' than the others.

I remember one of the girls seemed to come from money.  Huge home and beautiful grounds.  Maybe the home a gift?

• Love 1
On 7/14/2020 at 6:52 PM, MargeGunderson said:

$300 for a jacket isn’t even that expensive, at least relative to Beverly Hills. 

On 7/15/2020 at 11:34 AM, JAYJAY1979 said:

I did like the reactions of everyone when they were told of the jacket costing $300.  Jessa had the most logical response saying if you keep and wear for a long period of time than it's a worthwhile investment.  

Hell, I live just outside of Cleveland and I've paid $100 for a coat at Burlington Coat Factory, so $300 for a quality jacket isn't all that expensive and is a bargain in Beverly Hills. And the jacket Jinger bought really will last her the rest of her life it really was well made. It's a classic piece that while probably never super trendy, will never be truly out of style. 

18 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

She's an attention seeking drama queen. She's got to remind everyone around her how very delicate she is with every breathy sentence she manages to gain the strength to whisper. Scents bother her, she's pregnant don't you know. She had to go lay down when they did the couples retreat, she claimed a headache because she hadn't gotten much sleep, Jessa's babies were noisy. Oh, and let's not forget she all but had a full blown melt down when she had to go meet Ivy.... and made it all about the loss of her 13 day pregnancy.

• Love 13
17 hours ago, Zella said:

phuawdxfs42qbwe.jpg

He looks like Snidely Whiplash. He can tweak the ends with his fingers when he's been bad. 

• LOL 17
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, babyhouseman said:

He looks like Snidely Whiplash. He can tweak the ends with his fingers when he's been bad. 

Bahahahahaha so true! Except Snidely has more of a personality than this poor dope. 

• Love 5
On 7/16/2020 at 6:06 AM, floridamom said:

I thought some years ago it was Michelle was deemed the girls style of dress was to be 'modern modest'. In this episode, she says her daughters came up with that label. Which is it, Michelle? I love how the story changes with them. Do they actually think that the audience doesn't remember?

Modern Modest - She told the Kleinfield's woman that was how she liked to dress.  

• Useful 2
  • LOL 4
16 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I can't not see Ron Goldman's father.

OMG! You are right! 

31 minutes ago, sheshark said:

Modern Modest - She told the Kleinfield's woman that was how she liked to dress.  

Hardly. 

• Love 2

I was annoyed that they didn't include Jana in their "pampering day".  Heaven knows that Jana does just as much caring for children as the rest of them.  I'm sure it didn't fit the narrative that she was "in L.A. at the time", but we all know she was the one who was really watching the kids behind-the-scenes.  Just saying that Auntie Jana deserves some recognition, especially since she chose to have none of those children. 

• Love 16

Ok, I just watched this and I can't move past that jacket. I mean, it was fine. It fit well. But for Jinger to go on and on and ON about how much she loves fashion and how she's always keeping up with the latest trends, to in the end lose her mind over a plaid blazer? Girl. It's a basic item. By all means, spend the money if you have it on those kinds of staples, but not when you're trying to demonstrate how fashionable you are.

I got a chuckle out of Jana's face when the saleswoman told her how sexy that item was. She had this amused, "This woman has no idea who we are if she thinks that's going to convince me" look on her face that made me think she might not be as uptight as I assumed.

• LOL 8
  • Love 7