Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E01: The Story Begins

• Start Topic

I have a huge crush on Miles.  He seems like a great guy.  Wouldn’t want to marry Bennet, but would love to have him for my next door neighbor.  He’s a lot of fun.  Brett is so awful he needs to stop dating others and just date himself.

• LOL 3
  • Love 13

Ugh, I hate the bachelor/bachelorette parties.  First, never a good idea to have them the night before the wedding.  Secondly, they're generally so cheesy and lame to watch.  

Clearly Brett is in the douchebag asshole for the season.  He should have been matched with the high-maintenance Christina.  I did laugh over how Henry tried on one tux and was good while Christina seemed to try on half the bridal store.  She is going to eat him alive.  No way they make it.

Olivia is going to be this season's Mindy, I guess.  

Miles seems like a good guy -- which could mean that he has some dark secret or will be an ass.  Woody seems like a player.  

I wasn't sure about Bennett at first but he's grown on me.  Also like Henry.  

No opinions yet on Karen and Amani.  Amelia seems exhausting, like it's hard work to be quirky.  And I know it's pretty much an American thing but I really don't like the unshaved arm pits, especially if you're wearing a strapless gown.  I hope someone takes her to get her pits waxed before the wedding.  

Really wish the episode had dealt with the families being told, gown/tux shopping and then just right into the weddings.  

So who did Karen get the text from regarding Miles?  How would that person know Miles had been matched with Karen?  

• Love 8

I would have been right there out back with Olivia and Christine (Olivia left earlier and Christine later).  It's not about having fun with your friends as it looks like there are only 2-3 friends for each fiance; it's about being comfortable with a lot of people one doesn't know while still being super anxious about the upcoming wedding.  

I must be the only one who finds Bennett annoying and a bit pretentious.  "This jacket is too aristocratic" get over yourself-it's a tux for your wedding.  Also, his desire to wear the brightly colored hat as part of his wedding attire was a bit much.  Oh, and the dirty socks?  Who doesn't figure out one should have a clean pair of socks on your wedding day?  I truly think he works hard to be so "quirky/special."  

I also feel that Amelia loves being "quirky/special" as it lets her be the center of attention.  When there was the scene of the five women talking together with three of them sharing a small sofa and Amelia sat there cross legged to the point that she used most of the space and one of her knees was resting on another woman's leg it felt like she had a lack of consideration for anyone else.  Sit like everyone else when there isn't enough room, or sit on the floor.

I agree with everyone's observations about Brett.  I have no idea why they matched him.  My heart goes out to Olivia.  Maybe if Christine and Henry don't work out...

I wonder if the woman who watched all of Miles instagram videos was coding her response in talking about how emotional he was and that in reality there were other things that she didn't like but just didn't want to specify them so went with a generic "too emotional" response.

I like most of the women and a few of the men, so we shall see how this season goes.  I do enjoy watching the women pick out wedding dresses as it does reveal their tastes, etc.  I was surprised that Olivia did not pick a dress with illusion sleeves as she seemed so concerned about her arms.  I am excited to watch the weddings next week.

• Love 10
(edited)
20 hours ago, Empress1 said:

I dunno ... Woody gives me fuckboi vibes, and the friends said straight up that he’s living the player life & not ready to be married. (Miles definitely seems ready, and like a good catch.)

He said so himself that he was a fuckboi in his 20s. Not sure that phase has passed.

19 hours ago, ShowFan said:

If Amelia cleans up a bit, she actually has potential to be quite good looking. And the acro stuff she is doing is very hard and requires extreme core strength and balance....I have been doing circus acro for nearly a decade and I’d find her poses and tricks advanced. She is a hidden gem. The jury is out on Bennett

It has already been said, but the dress she chose looked terrible with that jungle under her arms. I don't think that hairy armpits are a problem if they are covered by clothes, like the doily dress. She looked like a hot bohemian mess, and it appears that she doubled down with over-accessorizing the look on the wedding day.

Christina seems rather high strung and high maintenance. I can relate to the dress pickiness and the anxiety. 

Olivia seems like a nice person but she needs to SHTOP with this speech thing that drives me nutso.  Shtrangers, Shtress, shtruggle. Lots of them do it, but I really picked up on it with her. Enough! There is no goddamn H in any of those words!
And once again, the criteria these 'experts' used to match these couples is a joke.

Edited by lizajane
typos and added something
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
46 minutes ago, LennieBriscoe said:

From the "Nobody Asked Me" Predictions Dept: 

Brett will be somewhat disappointed with Olivia, but nonetheless will figure "any port in a storm." He will then be shocked when she isn't attracted to him.

Karen will play the "not my type" card once too often, until Miles agrees with her and she in vain tries to win him back. 

Bennett and Amelia. There's quirkiness, there's creativity, and then there's annoyance. It will be interesting to see how or even if these two mesh. 

I'll come visit you in your department, LennieBriscoe!

I like three of the men--Miles, Bennett, and Henry. The other two--trash.

Brett is like a poor-man's ZacH. Just as full of himself, thinks he deserves an Instagram model, but he seems a little dumber than Zach was. Although Zach was no Einstein either. And Brett is either a cheater, or he's just pretending to be--in any event, not a good look. I will say that Brett makes me laugh sometimes, whereas Zach always made me think, "What did he say?" I don't think Brett will be attracted to Olivia, although he's no Brad Pitt/Idris Elba himself. I feel bad for Olivia. She deserves better. 

Wayne is a nicer, flashier version of Michael. But I don't think he'll be attracted to Amani, who is pretty and very nice but seems a little too "church lady" for him. When she said she felt something "in her spirit," I was like, "Yep, she goes to church." Not that there's anything wrong with that. But that doesn't sound like Wayne. i.e. he goes to the club on New Year's Eve--he's not bringing in the new year with the Lord. And it friends were subtle but made it clear (to me anyway) that he's cheated or been a ladies' man in the past. He doesn't seem like the loyal, honest person that Amanis' friend's said she craves. *sigh* Amani deserves better.

--These two couples were set up for drama, and I would feel more sad for them, but they should know by now that this is what this show does. The successful couples are together despite the producers and experts, not because of them. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

The strippers at the Bachelor Party were the best ever on MAFS. The one on the right of the screen was on point, her thong was stretched.

Anyone noticed Bennett peed his pants when he was dancing with the exotic entertainers?

Woodrow, stop posing, stop acting , stop stop. He is like a caricature. Will he be calm on camera? Amani should bail because he is there for teevee....some of her people, family, friends will know Woody.

• Love 2
14 hours ago, athousandclowns said:

Woody trying on the tux says I always like to look well. Looking under the weather isn’t good I guess. 

I was deep into my third margarita by this point in the show and cackled so loudly that I startled my husband.  I adore you for mentioning this. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, princelina said:

Especially since no one on this show has ever heard of the strapless bra!

I'm fine with strapless dresses but knowing that there's no time for alterations, I would not go strapless if I did this. You really want a strapless dress to fit perfectly, especially at a wedding or other event where there's dancing - you don't want to be yanking it up all night. (You also don't want straps to be falling down, if you get a sleeveless dress.) You also don't want the top to pinch into you and create a muffin top at the top of the dress. The women who chose dresses with sleeves may have an easier time on the "no alterations" front.

1 hour ago, seacliffsal said:

I must be the only one who finds Bennett annoying and a bit pretentious.  "This jacket is too aristocratic" get over yourself-it's a tux for your wedding.  Also, his desire to wear the brightly colored hat as part of his wedding attire was a bit much.  Oh, and the dirty socks?  Who doesn't figure out one should have a clean pair of socks on your wedding day?

Yeah, as someone else said, there's a point where "quirky" morphs into "annoying." (If Amelia really does ride a unicycle down the aisle, that's over the line for me.) Bennett seems like a nice person and I do like that he knows he's not everyone's cup of tea - I think he said something like "For the right woman, I'm a catch." But he is just really, really not my type. Also those socks were nasty. Like, did he get them out of the hamper?

49 minutes ago, topanga said:

He doesn't seem like the loyal, honest person that Amanis' friend's said she craves. *sigh* Amani deserves better.

Yep. Amani found out her last boyfriend was married so she likely (and rightfully) has trust issues, so of course they set her up with a fuckboi. [eyeroll]

I'm excited that this is set in New Orleans - I love New Orleans!

• Love 6
(edited)
1 hour ago, seacliffsal said:

I wonder if the woman who watched all of Miles instagram videos was coding her response in talking about how emotional he was and that in reality there were other things that she didn't like but just didn't want to specify them so went with a generic "too emotional" response.

There are a lot of people who believe that a man (especially a black man) is "emotional" and talks about feelings, that means he's effeminate.  Karen didn't want to say that on TV.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 5
42 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

There are a lot of people who believe that a man (especially a black man) is "emotional" and talks about feelings, that means he's effeminate.  Karen didn't want to say that on TV.

Wonder if the producers informed Miles that Karen was mistakenly told his identity by production the previous evening and they gave him a chance to back out?

• Useful 3
  • Love 3

I sat through this knowing it would be a quick watch because I have zero interest in the protracted conversations with family about the fact that they're getting married, the whole dress/suit try on and the same conversation again, followed by the bachelor/ette parties in which the participants talk to each other about the same thing.... I was gutted that they didn't marry last night because now we're stuck with likely two more weeks of "OMG, should I do this?" "Are you sure you want to do this..." sigh. I know, I know. I'm impatient. Wake me when they leave for the honeymoon...

Some thoughts on what I saw last night:

Bennett's quirky personality is just so not for me but he seems chill and nice enough. I think he and Amelia may have a shot because she's similar in personality but I wonder if his eccentric nature will cramp her style because she wants to be the noticeable one and will now have competition there. 

Karen's mother is not happy but we all know that Karen gets married so I wish they'd whittle these segments down. I ff past Miles because it's same old, same old "I'm getting married to a stranger. It's not traditional. I hope it works. I have faith," blah blah blah.

Olivia seems like such a nice person. It's such a shame that they paired her with a total douchebag. I don't even think Brett is good looking at all. He strikes me as one of those people that always has to prove that he is superior. 

Woody comes off as a fame whore. I don't believe he's sincere. I think Miles may have wanted to be on and Woody did this on a lark to get on teevee. Too bad the show was stupid enough to include him and take a spot away from someone that really wanted to be there.  

Christina seems like a nice person. A guy who comes into a relationship in need of being "pushed" by his significant other worries me. It means they are not starting off on an even level. She's marrying a guy that views himself as a project. Maybe Christina will like filling that role. I would be turned off by it. Henry seems like a nice guy but his girl friend may cause all sorts of drama. 

The drama with Karen was ridiculous. I'm still waiting to find out why she thought she wasn't supposed to get this text. Did it say, "Dear John, Karen has been paired with Miles Smith." Even then, one would not think they were not supposed to get it, they'd know they weren't. So what exactly did it say? Why did she believe it was not for her? Then her slobbering and going on about "this is for the rest of my life," as if she can't get divorced if it does not work out. Please. 

• Love 12
15 hours ago, Adeejay said:

I wish they had paired Olivia with Henry; they both seem low maintenance and amiable. I think Christina is going to run over Henry and I have a feeling Brett won’t be attracted to Olivia.

If we can see this, why can't the (so-called) experts?

And after seeing last night's episode, whoever said that Woody probably wears hats because he is short (I'm paraphrasing) appears to be right on the money.

• Love 9
52 minutes ago, configdotsys said:

He strikes me as one of those people that always has to prove that he is superior. 

She's marrying a guy that views himself as a project.

Your avatar triggers my gag reflex but agree with your insights.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
(edited)
7 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

I’m so over the strapless, mermaid style dress. I liked Christina’s and Karen’s dresses the best.

I so agree 100%.  

They appear to get the sample dresses from the bridal shop in exchange for advertising.  I know there probably is not much selection and time to do alternations but the dresses never seem to fit right.

Edited by OnTime
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

I would have been right there out back with Olivia and Christine (Olivia left earlier and Christine later).  It's not about having fun with your friends as it looks like there are only 2-3 friends for each fiance; it's about being comfortable with a lot of people one doesn't know while still being super anxious about the upcoming wedding.  

And having to watch the strippers, which just sucks in real life.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, rebel2u said:

If we can see this, why can't the (so-called) experts?

They can see it! They are choosing drama over good matches. I am sure they don’t want 100% success because that is boring. I’m sure they matched up Olivia with Brett to fill the casting slot once occupied by Luke/Kate, Matt/Amber and Zach/Mindy. 

• Love 9

I think Brett might be worse than Zach or Luke. He is in no way shape or form ready to be anyone's spouse. Woody seems like an attention seeker, hopefully he's in it for the right reasons. I agree with Miles' sister Woody doesn't seem ready for marriage.  Of all the men Miles is the most attractive both personality wise and physically imo.

• Love 7
(edited)

Brett gets it from his dad, who was all sweaty and big mouthed at that dinner.  Ick.

So Karen, in her woeful tale about looking up Miles, said she doesn’t know him but she’s seen him. Huh?  Then she looks up his social media and he’s too....gasp...emotional.  Sounds like editors at work to me. 
I really dislike Brett.  He’s so fake with his Tolstoy and his “self improvement “ crap.  
I like Bennet and Amelia but they seem to be trying too hard to be unique and quirky and different.  

Edited by Meowwww
  • Love 6

Karen's mother is not happy but we all know that Karen gets married so I wish they'd whittle these segments down. I ff past Miles because it's same old, same old "I'm getting married to a stranger. It's not traditional. I hope it works. I have faith," blah blah blah.

Do we know that for sure? I mean - I know that's what is supposed to happen but maybe for the first time ever, someone gets left at the altar???

They appear to get the sample dresses from the bridal shop in exchange for advertising.  I know there probably is much selection and time to do alternations but the dresses never seem to fit right.

I'm sure they sell them floor samples because that's what they have that the brides can buy and take with them. Anything else would take too long to order. I think there is minimal time for alterations too so they just do the basics.

• Love 2

Want Brett To break the string of jack holes on MAFS seasons past.

Brett stated he wants marriage to add significance to his life.

”Making breakfast for us, saving money for us, cleaning the house for us...”

How great would it be if Brett is smitten with Olivia and jumps hoops to win her over.

Or is he here to show to his ex fiancé that cheated on him that he is over her and he can hurt women like she hurt and humiliated him....

Who am I kidding...? 

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, Flip Flops said:

At least one of the experts had reservations about Brett and Olivia because one wants kids, but the other isn’t  sure. Does anyone remember which is which?

It was Pastor Cal.  He didn't want to match Brett (wants kids), with Olivia (on the fence). At first Viviana was siding with him,then she joined Pepper in beating him down.  Same with Bennett. 

• Love 4

I’m not a huge pastor Cal fan, but fwiw, he’s been a dissenting voice that went unheeded and ended up in disasters on previous shows so you’d think they'd listen to them, but, then there would be no drama. 

• Love 12
7 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

Let's talk about the strippers!  The two women and one guy wouldn't be top of the line strippers right

Why did the ladies get the ripped strippers and the guys got the porkers? 

• LOL 2
6 hours ago, Empress1 said:

If Amelia really does ride a unicycle down the aisle, that's over the line for me

Yeah we saw a preview where she had something horrible purple on and was riding the unicycle and looked literally like straight out of a Stephen King story before she starts slashing everyone with a knife and eating their eyes. But then we see her with a white wedding dress (still looking very scary) so I’m not sure what happened with the unicycle 

7 hours ago, Booger666 said:

Wouldn’t want to marry Bennet, but would love to have him for my next door neighbor.

He’d likely bring down your property value with his house and taste in decor..

• LOL 12
  • Love 2

Kinda like the Friends episode where Danny Devito was Phoebe’s Bridal shower stripper...
Women really don’t care about whether the male entertainers have a Six pack

9 minutes ago, ShowFan said:

...they just like laughing at their girlfriends’ horror over getting humped on 

• LOL 2
1 hour ago, Meowwww said:

So Karen, in her woeful tale about looking up Miles, said she doesn’t know him but she’s seen him. Huh?  Then she looks up his social media and he’s too....gasp...emotional.  Sounds like editors at work to me. 

Also, she didn't have to look him up!

If someone really did text her with his name, she could have reported it to the producers and decided NOT to google him, and gotten married as planned.

Definitely sounds like producer made drama!

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
50 minutes ago, OnTime said:

If someone really did text her with his name, she could have reported it to the producers and decided NOT to google him, and gotten married as planned.

Sounds like producer made drama to me too - BUT who wouldn't look him up if they found out who he was?  Not me!

• Love 7

I don't know what Miles talked about in his Instagram stories that Karen watched, but man. What nonsense drama. If his Instagram was full of partying, a parade of different women, whatever, I would get it. But talking about his feelings? Just give him a chance, girl! So far he seems like the best catch of the group to me. Him and Henry. Also loved that Miles immediately liked Bennett and appreciated that he was just himself (and Bennett seemed to reciprocate).

I thought it was Christina who had a unicycle in the matchmaking special when Dr. Pepper went to her house. But I could be totally misremembering.

I would have been like Christina at the bachelorette party and been completely not into the strippers, etc. But then Amelia suggested taking some food and going into another room and she still wouldn't go for it. I would have grasped at that offer so fast, even from someone I barely knew.

I can't figure out what to make of Brett. He was a total jerk this episode, and I worry for Olivia. But at the same time in some ways it felt like an act? He seemed different with his family. As opposed to Woody for example, or others in the past, who was being himself for good or bad. It's weird.

• Love 5
(edited)
19 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

Love Miles. He's a true catch. Solid, decent, an empath, as Bennett said.

Adore Bennett the more I see and hear him! Except for the socks. Yeah, no. But he seems genuine, from his jobs to his tiny house to his appearance.

Amelia, OTOH, the DOCTOR, strikes me as one of my pet peeves: a determinedly "faux-Plain" Jane, ostentatiously eschewing comb, razor, and make-up (is she going to be another "made up only for the ceremony" bait-and-switch bride?). 

You know what kills me on this franchise? When anyone wonders whether or not the selected spouse is the other's "type." Because that "type" has worked out so well theretofore. NOT.

Exactly.  That's why I would go on this show.

15 hours ago, Neurochick said:

I have a problem with Karen though.  She said she saw Miles' Instagram and that he was talking a lot about "emotions" and for some reason that bothered her.  I wonder if Karen is one of these black women who thinks any black man who talks about "feelings" or "emotions" is "too feminine."  That's the sense I got from her.  And BTW, if her "type" worked, she wouldn't be on the show.

See above.  If she is smart she will eventually understand boyfriend material is often not husband material.

15 hours ago, Soup333 said:

I cringed when she said he was too sensitive.

She likes bad boys that cheat or are married.  I don't recall what her previous boyfriend situation was.

10 hours ago, psychoticstate said:

No opinions yet on Karen and Amani.  Amelia seems exhausting, like it's hard work to be quirky.  And I know it's pretty much an American thing but I really don't like the unshaved arm pits, especially if you're wearing a strapless gown.  I hope someone takes her to get her pits waxed before the wedding.   

If Amelia shaved or waxed before walking down the aisle that would be false advertising.  I doubt it will affect Bennet.  These are both "natural" people.

Edited by Kira53
edit
  • Love 4

The quirky couple overload was annoying. I’m hoping they both have a toned down setting. I agree with y’all who got a bit of a pretentious vibe with the idea that a tux was far too bougie to wear. It’s your wedding you hat bedazzled thespian. 

I can’t hear Woody’s name without adding Woodpecker to it. And he is diminutive and seems truly annoying like a woodpecker can be so there’s that. I think he annoys me more than over the top obvious d-bag Brett... Brent? Brad? Still don’t know these folks names yet. 

The lady that spoke up and said she’d take a nice guy during the brides meet up seemed so sincere. However the problem sometimes seems to be that many of the ladies (and guys) who go on these shows say they want nice, stable and ready to be serious but then complain about needing more excitement or spark and forget how well nice and kind ages in life. 

• Love 6
5 hours ago, Kira53 said:

She likes bad boys that cheat or are married.  I don't recall what her previous boyfriend situation was.

She was with a man for five years and found out that he got someone else pregnant during their relationship, and that woman gave birth to his child. Amani is the one who found out her boyfriend was married. Neither seemed happy about it - I don’t think they like cheaters, I think they just had bad luck with ain’t-shit dudes.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, ShowFan said:

Yeah we saw a preview where she had something horrible purple on and was riding the unicycle and looked literally like straight out of a Stephen King story before she starts slashing everyone with a knife and eating their eyes. But then we see her with a white wedding dress (still looking very scary) so I’m not sure what happened with the unicycle 

He’d likely bring down your property value with his house and taste in decor..

and he would want to start using your bathroom......

• LOL 8

I know now why Brett dated/slept with 45 women. Because they all ran away after one encounter. He is a real jerk. And I know the type -- thinks he's charming and extremely attractive (he said as much); uses all the trite pickup lines and phrases ("hey, bro.. thanks, dude); used to be fat and now pumps iron (so what); fancies himself the perfect catch ("I'm handy; I'm smart and successful; I like cats; I'm athletic). His comments during the preview shows ("I'm great looking so sex will be no problem") along with his douchey behavior at the bachelor party (I LOVED the barely concealed disgust that Henry and his friend had on their faces, and Bennett's polite phrasing of his impressions) show his true colors. And physically I don't find him the least bit attractive... he has a weird nose and is constantly baring his teeth. I think he feels like he's smiley and open but it really comes across as a leering grimace. They are all going to despise him eventually if they don't already. 

I think Bennett and Amelia, while matched for obvious reasons, may give each other Quirkiness Overload. Sometimes you need clean socks- and when you are in the 30 year old range that shouldn't be spelled out.  A newly minted doctor (degree only; she has a long way to go before she can practice) can skip the sparkly stickers on her face and arrange her hair a bit so she doesn't look like she just got out of bed. 

I have some hope for Christina and Henry, and I get the introvertedness and quiet behavior. That said, I don't find it appealing that someone constantly talks about their lack of confidence, poor eye contact and shyness.  He needs to fake it just a little bit, because first impressions of someone who obviously thinks they are "less than" can be a real turnoff.  That revelation can come over time, once they get more acquainted.

I like Miles and would find his being in touch with his feelings endearing... but that's me. He seems ambitious and thoughtful- good qualities. His buddy, on the other hand, seems to be taking all of this as a sort of game which could end up getting Amani hurt.

I had to laugh at the wedding dress/tux shopping expeditions.  Apparently there is a "MAFS pop-up bridal shop" that they cart all of the contestants to in separate expeditions (I guess if someone wanted to, they could stalk the place to be able to see the other participants ahead of time). Bennett, don't try so hard with the stupid hat. Amelia, I liked the long sleeved crochet dress much better. Not only did it seem to fit your personality much better, but it covered the armpit hair. Sure, it's natural and we know you are all about that; still, many people are distracted by a tuft of hair erupting from your underarms. 

The bachelor/bachelorette parties seemed very staged and fake (some of the male strippers were way over the top; I would have gone outside like Christina too). Brett is a sloppy drunk (dribbling his beer, acting like more of an asshole than normal). 

Why do they show the brides cuddling with their sisters and friends in their beds on the wedding day? I feel like I've seen that in every single season.

• Love 4
12 hours ago, OnTime said:

Don’t IG stories disappear?? How did she look “through them?” You only have one which is the active one. Also, I thought they had to make their social media accounts private during the show. How did she access it unless someone specifically gave her access? Very suspect 

• Love 3
11 hours ago, princelina said:

Sounds like producer made drama to me too - BUT who wouldn't look him up if they found out who he was?  Not me!

14 minutes ago, ShowFan said:

Don’t IG stories disappear?? How did she look “through them?” You only have one which is the active one. Also, I thought they had to make their social media accounts private during the show. How did she access it unless someone specifically gave her access? Very suspect 

Of course, someone is going to check. Why is the Instagram account or any social media account available to check? 

They are to know nothing about the other person. 

Yet on the Dallas season, the brides were told the groom ring sizes, which I think the producers only did because Bobby was a size 6. Otherwise, who would care?

• Love 1
13 hours ago, ShowFan said:

In the South, strippers tend to be voluptuous. 

20 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

I must be the only one who finds Bennett annoying and a bit pretentious.  "This jacket is too aristocratic" get over yourself-it's a tux for your wedding.  Also, his desire to wear the brightly colored hat as part of his wedding attire was a bit much.  Oh, and the dirty socks?  Who doesn't figure out one should have a clean pair of socks on your wedding day?  I truly think he works hard to be so "quirky/special."  

He seems like a loyal friend, and I like some of his jokes, but yeah, those socks grossed me out. Makes me wonder what else he doesn't wash--his tiny home doesn't have a bathroom, remember? I liked that his sister (or was it his friend) said he needs to suck it up and dress like he's going to a wedding. And that he shouldn't wear the stupid red hat that would draw attention away from the bride. 

• Love 6
On 7/16/2020 at 8:36 AM, gonecrackers said:

Too many people! I suspect they're putting more couples together to improve their horrific stats - more actual marriages happening with the crappy train wreck couples to keep it interesting, regardless of human fallout.

Except last season only one out of five stated together. That’s only 20% success rate, so not helpful from a statistical standpoint. It would be better for them if they kept it to three and only one worked out - that’s 33%, not to mention fewer damaged people......

• Love 9
18 hours ago, configdotsys said:

Woody comes off as a fame whore. I don't believe he's sincere. I think Miles may have wanted to be on and Woody did this on a lark to get on teevee. Too bad the show was stupid enough to include him and take a spot away from someone that really wanted to be there.  

Take what spot away?  In this society, even in 2020, women are more pressured in society to get married and have kids.  It's probably harder to find men who are camera ready/want to be filmed, etc.  

• Love 3

At least no NOLA groom picked a blue tux which the majority of DC grooms was hypnotized by the menswear clerk to choose.

Thinking the unicycle entrance is to the reception...now if Doc could only carry Bennett on her shoulders...that would be a entrance!

Woody is Kevin Hart annoying.....calm the hell down, lower your volume...you do not need to be a spotlight hog and be the center of attention.

I'm watching Amani's nostrils when she steps out and down the aisle...if they flair then she is not having her pocket sized huzzy....

Hoping if Miles and Karen get married first that they attend Woody's and Amani's wedding as guests...a great way for Karen to meet Miles'  friend group he shares with Woody.

Always like the way the brides bond and be supportive with each other from the first meet.

The grooms always whip their dicks out and compare...what's with that?

• Love 3
(edited)

My thoughts after watching the first episode - I agree with what a lot of you have said already.

Love Miles. Seems like a really decent guy; super handsome; smart; motivated; friendly. Don't know why Karen was having such reservations, and like you guys, find it really suspect that she was texted his name ahead of the ceremony. Like how he looked in the burgundy tux.

Karen - sweet, but needs more gumption. So many hesitations are only going to hold her back from committing. Loved the dress she chose.

Amelia - I love her, although I see how she could rub some people the wrong way. She just seems fun and extremely talented. I think she and Bennett are the perfect match. Wish she would have chosen the doily dress instead of the floofy one.

Bennett - I like him. He is a little OTT, but at the same time, seems reasonable and articulate, and like he has a good group of friends. Liked his patterned tux, good choice for him.

Christina - ugh. She has a stick up her ass. Seems very demanding. I'm afraid she is going to bulldoze Henry. Hope she softens up a bit. She chose a pretty dress.

Henry - nice guy, very quiet, seems solid. Probably too shy to be a good pick for this show, where you really have to be open with your emotions. Wish he had picked a blue suit instead of black. Would have matched him with Olivia instead of Christina.

Olivia - pretty girl, sweet, I like her. Normally, I would think she is a good choice for this show, but then she is getting stuck with Brett. Did not like the dress she picked. Ill-fitting and unattractive. I agree with whoever said they are over the strapless mermaid dresses. Brett will not find her attractive, although I personally think she is pretty.

Zach: Hi, I'm the most douchey guy to ever be on MAFS!    Brett: Hold my beer.

Brett: He seemed OK at the first with his family, but then he turned into a jerk at the bar/bachelor party. He just tries too hard to impress people, and all the alcohol doesn't help. I *hope* he's not as bad as he's coming across; otherwise, poor Olivia.

Amani - very pretty; smart. Like her personality. She seems fun, yet solid. Not a fan of her (strapless mermaid) dress though.

Woody - funny, entertaining, but probably not ready to settle down and commit. Seems self-absorbed. Jury is out on him. Hopefully he thinks Amani is a catch and wants to hold on to her.

General notes: Hate the stupid bachelor/bachelorette parties. I always feel bad for the brides trying to find a decent dress with the limited choice and time they have. Tired of the show casting people for drama.

ETA: I was planning on recapping the promos like I did last season, but Lifetime has yet to upload the new episodes onto YouTube. I don't know if they're going to but I hope so. I remember it did take them a couple weeks to put them up last time.

Edited by gingerandcloves
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, humbleopinion said:

Hoping if Miles and Karen get married first that they attend Woody's and Amani's wedding as guests...a great way for Karen to meet Miles'  friend group he shares with Woody.

Always like the way the brides bond and be supportive with each other from the first meet.

The grooms always whip their dicks out and compare...what's with that?

I totally thought about Miles and Woody picking groomsmen - was it like in elementary school when kids pick teams? A bunch of friends standing around and Miles and Woody taking turns on who get which friend for their wedding! 😜

I am always amused at the low key shade with the guys. My favorite was the almost open hostility between Fireman Ryan and Jon with Jephte awkwardly trying to keep the peace.......

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
On 7/16/2020 at 5:16 AM, Kira53 said:

I'm not finished watching this episode but I was surprised to see Bennett having three female friends come with him to pick out his tux.  I'm not sure what that says about him except that he's different from most guys and Amelia need somebody different from most guys.  I like Amelia's dress, too bad she had to ruin it by riding a unicycle rather than walking down the aisle .

I completely agree that the unicycle was ridiculous and that Amelia seems much more affected in her artsiness than Bennett does in his.  However her friends seem to adore her, so I have hope that she's a sweet person.  I also think that she should have chosen the first doily dress.  The second one--while "poofy," which was what she wanted, almost like a hipster parody of a wedding dress in her mind--didn't flatter her at all when she was clutching her stomach in the previews and saying how nervous she was.  It was a really bad angle to say the least.  I also am not surprised that she and Bennett have already met given their shared interests and general vibe.  They even look kind of alike.  Not sure if that will backfire.

• Love 4