Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E01: The Story Begins

• Start Topic

Something is up with picking friends Woody and Miles.....

Did the fabulous experts decide to find matches for both of them because they were friends?

OR

Did they match both of them and find out they were friends? Not believing this!

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Olivia said she’s never been given flowers

I think it was Christina that said that; please correct me if I'm wrong.  But I agree with everything else you said.

Henry not making eye contact is like someone on the autism spectrum although I don't think he is autistic, just awkward.

Brett's actions---pantomiming wanting the waitress to call him, hitting on Henry's friend--seemed scripted.  God help Olivia if they weren't. She seems like a sweet girl and needs somebody who is all- in.  

Brett seems the most attractive of his brothers (a low bar) but is nowhere near the 10 he seems to think he is.  I'll be cheering on the first person who slaps that notion out of his head.

• LOL 4
  • Love 12
4 minutes ago, rebel2u said:

I think it was Christina that said that; please correct me if I'm wrong.  But I agree with everything else you said.

Henry not making eye contact is like someone on the autism spectrum although I don't think he is autistic, just awkward.

Brett's actions---pantomiming wanting the waitress to call him, hitting on Henry's friend--seemed scripted.  God help Olivia if they weren't. She seems like a sweet girl and needs somebody who is all- in.  

Brett seems the most attractive of his brothers (a low bar) but is nowhere near the 10 he seems to think he is.  I'll be cheering on the first person who slaps that notion out of his head.

It sure well could have been, lol! It’s going to take awhile to figure out which is which. I need to have the cast photos as a cheat sheet for awhile. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, ShowFan said:

If Amelia cleans up a bit, she actually has potential to be quite good looking

Agreed, but I just cringed when I saw she doesn't shave under her arms. Now if she and Bennett would just invest in some good hairbrushes and USE them!

• LOL 2
  • Love 10
9 minutes ago, Kiss my mutt said:

It sure well could have been, lol! It’s going to take awhile to figure out which is which. I need to have the cast photos as a cheat sheet for awhile. 

It was definitely flight attendant Christina whose beaus had never given her flowers. It was this week that we learned any old flowers won't do. I guess a bunch picked up from Trader Joe's won't cut it.

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, ECM1231 said:

Agreed, brut I just cringed when I saw she doesn't shave under her arms. Now if she and Bennett would just invest in some good hairbrushes and USE them!

Naturally curly hair doesn't need to be brushed! Brushing is actually bad for the curls as it destroys their definition.

• Love 8
7 minutes ago, ECM1231 said:

It was definitely flight attendant Christina whose beaus had never given her flowers. It was this week that we learned any old flowers won't do. I guess a bunch picked up from Trader Joe's won't cut it.

For someone who has only gotten flowers from Gramps, she now expects exotic flowers?

A bouquet from Trader Joe’s or  Costco is better than NONE...Miss Priss.

• LOL 6
  • Love 4
39 minutes ago, rebel2u said:

The very best part as he’s winking and doing call me sign he takes a drink and it drips down his chin.  
Woody trying on the tux says I always like to look well. Looking under the weather isn’t good I guess. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Kristen is not falling for the charms of Brett as he shoves her over....his nostrils are a deal breaker.....

Amani's nostrils are a deal breaker. 

Unfortunately, Woody will probably find many other dealbreakers with her. I think she looks too matronly for him. She could almost pass as his mother. I think he'll be more attracted to his best friend's wife.

1 hour ago, OnTime said:

Why does Woody remind me of Michael (of Michael and Meka)???

The scraggly beard?

• Love 4
23 minutes ago, LaLaLaLa said:

More racism, MAFS/Lifetime? Michael last season...and now Miles? Why? Hoping she walks away before the wedding but guessing she goes through with it.

I don’t understand. What are you referring to as racism?

• Love 5
3 hours ago, ShowFan said:

Matching them because they have “sincere commitment to their values” is about as shallow as it gets. Who doesn’t have sincere commitment to their values? 

Actually, they got as shallow as it gets in season 2 (I think) when they matched a couple because "they look sexy together" according to Pepper.

1 hour ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Olivia said she’s never been given flowers and then this show she says, well, I don’t like roses, they should be exotic flowers and I’m thinking no wonder no one wants to give you flowers, you ingrate. I’m tired of her sniveling. 
I don’t think Brett is going to be overly attracted to her. She and Henry would be a better match 

Yeah it was Christina who said it.  But I found myself wishing they had given Henry to Olivia.  She's the one who said she'll take the nice guy.  I'm afraid Brett is going to think she's not attractive enough for him.

• LOL 1
  • Love 18
47 minutes ago, PupCal said:

Naturally curly hair doesn't need to be brushed! Brushing is actually bad for the curls as it destroys their definition.

Good to know. Curls are fine but Amelia's hair just looks super messy. Maybe use some product? Bennett has a nice thick head of hair and a nice haircut would do him wonders. He's actually nice- looking and has nice teeth.

• Love 6
(edited)

Woody wants to be on teevee. He is off putting. He’s a loud talker, hogging the floor. Hope Amani likes to be interrupted and not get a word in edge wise.

Brett is a big bag of dicks, too much braggadocio, especially when the red light of the camera is on and pointed at him. Will he be another Brandon and dipping out on the cameras?
Hate to say it but Olivia is not going to be as pretty as he was expecting. His nostrils will flare bigger out of disappointment...if that is possible.

Christina won’t like that Henry is quiet and reserved she will complain to her mother.

She will have the same stank face she had at the bridal shower when she was standing in the yard.

Poor Karen getting the tip off.  No wonder she cried all night, keeping it from her family and friends.
Guessing Amelia is the one saying she’s met Bennett before...

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 9

I wish they had paired Olivia with Henry; they both seem low maintenance and amiable. I think Christina is going to run over Henry and I have a feeling Brett won’t be attracted to Olivia.

Woody reminds me of Nate from the Chicago season. I don’t think he and Amani are going to click.

I believe someone in production gave Karen the heads up about Miles. Question is, why?

• Love 10

Woody reminds me of a budget brand Desean Jackson who dresses like Cam Newton. He’s not getting lots of votes for being ready from the people who know him but I do like that they have two close friends going through this thing at the same time.  Haven’t seen that before. I’ve liked Miles from the jump so I’ll have to see how that goes.  I like Karen a lot, too, and hope they get through the reservations she has.  

Bennett was less odd than I expected him to be, and may be genuinely nice. Still think Amelia is like an unmade bed but whatever works with those two.  

Agree with those who feel Christina may run over Henry.  Hope she’s just stressed out about The Big Day and not a monumental PITA. 

Olivia reminds me of Ashley of Ashley and David fame but seems nicer. Sad that she wanted a good guy and seems to have gotten a hotdog. Brett needs a reality check.  He’s not as smooth as he thinks he is.  

Looking forward to this season...

• Love 10
5 hours ago, ECM1231 said:

Agreed, but I just cringed when I saw she doesn't shave under her arms. Now if she and Bennett would just invest in some good hairbrushes and USE them!

Yes, that’s part of the “cleans up a little”. I was being polite, I guess. Should have said “cleans up a lot.”

• LOL 5
(edited)

Loathe Brett. In particular, I cannot begin to understand how he thinks he is even remotely good-looking. 

Love Miles. He's a true catch. Solid, decent, an empath, as Bennett said.

Adore Bennett the more I see and hear him! Except for the socks. Yeah, no. But he seems genuine, from his jobs to his tiny house to his appearance.

Amelia, OTOH, the DOCTOR, strikes me as one of my pet peeves: a determinedly "faux-Plain" Jane, ostentatiously eschewing comb, razor, and make-up (is she going to be another "made up only for the ceremony" bait-and-switch bride?). 

I don't get why strippers (and then some) are part of anybody's wedding-eve "tradition." 

You know what kills me on this franchise? When anyone wonders whether or not the selected spouse is the other's "type." Because that "type" has worked out so well theretofore. NOT.

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Love 16
7 hours ago, ECM1231 said:

Me too. Armpit hair grosses me out on both men & women. 

• Love 2

I'm not finished watching this episode but I was surprised to see Bennett having three female friends come with him to pick out his tux.  I'm not sure what that says about him except that he's different from most guys and Amelia need somebody different from most guys.  I like Amelia's dress, too bad she had to ruin it by riding a unicycle rather than walking down the aisle .

• Love 1
40 minutes ago, Kira53 said:

I'm not finished watching this episode but I was surprised to see Bennett having three female friends come with him to pick out his tux.  I'm not sure what that says about him except that he's different from most guys and Amelia need somebody different from most guys.  I like Amelia's dress, too bad she had to ruin it by riding a unicycle rather than walking down the aisle .

Bennett having a lot of women friends doesn’t surprise me. He seems like a pretty sensitive guy, and exactly the type to have a lot of women friends. So does Henry.

Henry and Olivia seem like a better match. Both are more reserved than their partners. Olivia said “I’ll take the nice guy!” and Brett doesn’t seem that nice. Christina seems very high-maintenance and also not that nice, and as I said before, she seems like she’ll run all over Henry and she doesn’t seem like she wants a guy she can run over (some women like that).

And NO to brushing curls, as a curly haired woman. You comb them with a wide-tooth comb when the hair is wet with conditioner in. Brushing dry curls is a HUGE no-no. One of Amelia’s friends (I think it was Amelia) had a glorious head of curls when they were dress-shopping. I agree that the “doily dress” suited Amelia better. That saleswoman was good at her job - the women all ended up with nice dresses.

• Love 8
9 hours ago, LaLaLaLa said:

More racism, MAFS/Lifetime? Michael last season...and now Miles? Why? Hoping she walks away before the wedding but guessing she goes through with it.

I don't get the racism.  I have a problem with Karen though.  She said she saw Miles' Instagram and that he was talking a lot about "emotions" and for some reason that bothered her.  I wonder if Karen is one of these black women who thinks any black man who talks about "feelings" or "emotions" is "too feminine."  That's the sense I got from her.  And BTW, if her "type" worked, she wouldn't be on the show.

giphy.gif

• Useful 5
  • Love 14
13 hours ago, Empress1 said:

I dislike Bennett on sight. That kind of quirky person is not for me. And while Amelia is quirky, she is also driven - she’s a doctor. Bennett has like five jobs. I hope Amelia isn’t looking for someone with the same drive.

I think Karen is very pretty. I hope she has healed from trauma from her last relationship (her ex had a whole baby on her!). Her mother is cracking me up.

13 hours ago, CindyBee said:

Karen is by far my favorite.  And her mom needs to be one of the experts next season!

I also think Karen is pretty and is her mom Creole? Her mother reminds me a little bit of Beyonce's mother.

I think her groom might be the best catch out of the group. He seems very mature and ready for marriage. He is the type of guy that you want to marry. I hope she can get over him not being her "type".

13 hours ago, CindyBee said:

I'm curious about Brett and why he's on this show.  He said he works in IT for "local government".  My guess since he's from Gretna (looked up his bio) that he works for Jefferson Parish so he should have a nice salary.   And yes lets hope his sisters keep him in line.

Armani & Woody have potential.     

I typed that before I heard Woody refer to himself in the 3rd person so I take that back.  Sigh

Brett kind of reminds me of one of those red pill guys who got their heart broken by a woman once and now hate all women. He might even just be on this show just to prove to his ex-finance "what she is missing".

Of course the show could just be trolling us. They might be giving us all kinds of signs that Brett is a jerk but then he could turn out to be great.

10 hours ago, Kira53 said:

Amelia said she hopes he is NOT a doctor.  She looking for a marriage like her parents.  Her mother was the doctor and her father took care of the home and kids.  She clearly is not looking for someone high powered. My experience is when they are both lawyers he thinks she should wash the dishes and cook as well. I think Amelia is figuring out what would be a lifestyle that would be supportive of her career. I've had clients that are both doctors and the woman doctor is up in the middle of the night washing clothes and he's asleep.  Amelia and Bennett may not work out but it will not because of Bennett's lack of ambition. There may be no sexual attraction although they're both actually attractive. I like their hair beautiful slightly curly with body hair. If they the kids will definitely have a fabulous heads of hair.I'm hoping it works out because both of them could have trouble finding a match that likes where they are in their life and that they are quirky and very unconventional.This could be their best hope to find a mate.  I don't know how match.com would work for them.

Amelia is actually pretty impressive and Bennett is kind of lucky.

49 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

Bennett having a lot of women friends doesn’t surprise me. He seems like a pretty sensitive guy, and exactly the type to have a lot of women friends. So does Henry.

Henry and Olivia seem like a better match. Both are more reserved than their partners. Olivia said “I’ll take the nice guy!” and Brett doesn’t seem that nice. Christina seems very high-maintenance and also not that nice, and as I said before, she seems like she’ll run all over Henry and she doesn’t seem like she wants a guy she can run over (some women like that).

And NO to brushing curls, as a curly haired woman. You comb them with a wide-tooth comb when the hair is wet with conditioner in. Brushing dry curls is a HUGE no-no. One of Amelia’s friends (I think it was Amelia) had a glorious head of curls when they were dress-shopping. I agree that the “doily dress” suited Amelia better. That saleswoman was good at her job - the women all ended up with nice dresses.

I will say that Bennett is kind of the Ashton Kutcher in his friend group. There is a certain type of female that will definitely find him attractive.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
57 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

AMEN to that.  No brushing curls UNLESS the hair is wet and ONLY with a wide tooth comb.  I have curly hair, that's what I do.  

However, Amelia's hair just looked messy.

• Love 5
12 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

I don't get the racism.  I have a problem with Karen though.  She said she saw Miles' Instagram and that he was talking a lot about "emotions" and for some reason that bothered her.  I wonder if Karen is one of these black women who thinks any black man who talks about "feelings" or "emotions" is "too feminine."  That's the sense I got from her.  And BTW, if her "type" worked, she wouldn't be on the show.

giphy.gif

I cringed when she said he was too sensitive. Also, when did she get that text? Because she said she checked out his Insta and watched "all his little videos" and that's why she said he wasn't her type. Surely she didn't do all that on the actual wedding day. When would she have had time? And wouldn't that mean her entire entourage would have known - or at least questioned why she was so distracted by her phone?

I love LaKeith btw.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Empress1 said:

Me too. Armpit hair grosses me out on both men & women. 

I feel that way too and I wonder why?  I mean when and why did body hair become gross?  Body hair is a signal that a person has become an adult; babies are hairless (except what's on their head).  Do we want our partners to look like babies, or like children?  

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

I feel that way too and I wonder why?  I mean when and why did body hair become gross?  Body hair is a signal that a person has become an adult; babies are hairless (except what's on their head).  Do we want our partners to look like babies, or like children?  

I am only grossed out by armpit hair, though, not body hair in general. Hair on the rest of the body doesn’t faze me, though I do shave my own legs and do some other grooming. But a man with chest hair, leg hair, even back hair, doesn’t bother me (might be worth mentioning that every man I’ve known with back hair has removed it) and seeing a woman with hairy legs doesn’t make me go “yikes” the way armpit hair on anyone does.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

Um, no. Not racism. Or are you suggesting that DRAH-ma on the show, if it involves a Black couple, is racism from the producers at Lifetime? Because then what do we call it when a White couple goes off the rails (have you SEEN "MAFS: Australia"?!)?

Yeah...that's it. SMH

No, I was referring to the giant 8' x 8' banner above the sofa in Miles' living room that Lifetime/MAFS prominently featured for a few minutes during his earlier scenes.

I personally don't care how anyone (regardless of ethnicity or race) feels in their private life, but a network assisting by broadcasting those feelings to tons of viewers during a time of global racial unrest seems like a stunt. The network and show production team were obviously aware of the presence of the banner...it was massive. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

Christina and Henry have the most potential out of the five IMO. 

I thought so until Pastor Cal said something about Henry said his type was petite. Dr. V says Christina is taller than Henry so she didn't want to match them or something. I can't remember.

The experts made a point about their physical appearances, which always makes me think that will be focused on.

• Love 2
21 minutes ago, LaLaLaLa said:

Yeah...that's it. SMH

No, I was referring to the giant 8' x 8' banner above the sofa in Miles' living room that Lifetime/MAFS prominently featured for a few minutes during his earlier scenes.

I personally don't care how anyone (regardless of ethnicity or race) feels in their private life, but a network assisting by broadcasting those feelings to tons of viewers during a time of global racial unrest seems like a stunt. The network and show production team were obviously aware of the presence of the banner...it was massive. 

Please refresh my memory as to what the banner said? 

• Love 3
(edited)

So Karen knows who Miles is? I think she’ll go thru with the wedding. 

I hope she does. I think they could be a great match if she can get past his age and the fact that he's not her "type" (which clearly hasn't worked out for her before). 

So if that's ordinarily in his house, production should have insisted he take it down?

For me, it's all the stuff that accumulates in the hair - deodorant and sweat. Hairless armpits seem easier to keep clean and stink-free.

Also, when did she get that text?

I think that she said she got it the night before the wedding and spent the rest of the evening looking at his insta. So I guess that was after the Bachelorette party? Also, I know they only have two weeks but could they NOT do the bachelor/bachelorette parties the night before the weddings? Who wants to be hungover and/or have a hungover partner on the wedding day?

Henry and Olivia seem like a better match. Both are more reserved than their partners. Olivia said “I’ll take the nice guy!”

I agree. Plus he's a healthcare recruiter and she's a nurse practitioner so they both work in healthcare environments - not that this is a significant thing to base a relationship on, but it would give them something in common.

Please refresh my memory as to what the banner said? 

"Black Power" I think?

Edited by Elizzikra
  • Love 1

Amelia & Bennett both have a lot of waves going on in their hair; it needs product & attention. I have a mix of curls/waves etc.;  it never looks 'put together', & I'm sure many don't understand or like it, but I've also had compliments. It takes some effort though.

I liked Amelia's first 'doily' dress - it was unique & interesting. I hate the standard uniform - strapless-looks-like-everything-else gown she chose. I wonder if production interfered & made her do that & said stick a bird in her hair to be "quirky". Hope not, but even though I love birds, feather earrings & fake birds in the hair are not quirky to me, but just stupid looking, especially for a bride on her wedding day. If it really was her idea & preference than to each their own I guess. 🙄

I didn't even notice the armpit hair, but I was pretty bored most of the time & sometimes lost focus. I'd say if she generally doesn't shave then that's the way she should be from the jump so he's aware. Something tells me he won't mind anyway.

Bennett, geez. No one warned him he'd need dress socks, okay, but those only-ones-without-holes-white socks he was wearing were filthy. Something tells me she won't mind though.

I agree with Humble Amelia is most likely the one who says she's met her groom before. It wouldn't surprise me that they've crossed paths somewhere - hopefully it was a good crossing though.

If all Karen knows of Miles is from his SM she needs to get off the internet & give the guy a real-life chance.

Christina needs to realize flowers & gifts aren't everything. Someone can give you everything in the world, say all the 'right' things & still be a total asshole to you.

The show is setting us up for Brett & Woody to be crappy husbands, but we'll see.

Too many people! I suspect they're putting more couples together to improve their horrific stats - more actual marriages happening with the crappy train wreck couples to keep it interesting, regardless of human fallout.

• Love 9
(edited)
1 hour ago, LaLaLaLa said:

Yeah...that's it. SMH

I think it said "Black Power" but people have been saying "Black power" since I was a teenager.

Is that over the top?

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 6

Random thoughts about this episode:

Brett. What a turd. But my true rage is directed at the producers and “experts” who put sweet trusting Olivia with the jackass that they absolutely knew was awful thinking they can mine tv gold from the ensuing drama that will unfold. It was painful watching the scene where Olivia is talking about nice guys and says “I’ll take him.” And now Lifetime is using a cut of that on social media for the show. How dare they, knowing they have matched her with the complete opposite of “ a nice guy”! I want people to call out “the experts” on sm for the choice of Brett. Especially after the last three seasons of Luke, Matt and Zach. At this point it’s just gross because it’s so deliberate.

I laughed at Bennett dancing with the strippers. Also loving the bromance between him and Miles.

Amani’s facial expressions at the strippers was hilarious.

Add me to the group that is not into armpit hair on women. I think it’s gross. I recognize that she has every right to do it, but I still think it’s gross. But I guess as they say, You do You, Amelia.....

Christina seems uptight and anal. But I don’t fault her for not being into the strippers. I would not like that either. I liked it better when there wasn’t forced group bachelor/bachelorette parties and each participant could plan their own with their own friends. But of course that’s too classy and normal now because not everyone wants excessive booze and strippers which is too boring for this crapfest......

The drama with Karen at the end was so boring to me because we all know she goes through with it. Only one question remains - who leaked that info to her? It was definitely the producers trying to create drama, right???

• Love 9

I haven't read any replies yet so this post is "cold".

Bennett - If even your transvestite friend doesn't think getting married at first sight is a good idea, maybe you should listen, LOL  Also, if you can't even remember to get a new pair of socks for your wedding and show up in a dirty pair of white athletics, you need a keeper or a mommy.  Is Amelia up for that?  I don't know if this guy is up to being a "house husband".

Amelia - meet a flat iron, please.  Or at least an ionic blow dryer and a smoothing shampoo.  My hair would look exactly like hers if I did nothing to it.

Brett is starting to look like one of those people that turns into an instant asshole as soon as he takes one sip of alcohol.  When he was with his family you would never think he'd act like such a jerk but as soon as the beer is put to his lips - ASSHOLE.  Given how much they usually drink on this show this is going to be a disaster.  I feel sorry for his bride, she seems so nice.

Now I am beginning to think Woody is this season's alternate "booby prize".  This guy is obviously too immature for a relationship much less marriage.  I don't know why I allow myself to watch this show given how unethical I think it is to pair him with anyone.

I think Miles' bride is judging him too soon and on too little.  Why do I think production sent her that text "accidentally/on purpose" just to stir the shit a little?  I just hope she doesn't bail or form a negative opinion about him before giving him a proper chance.

Henry and his bride seem very similar in a lot of ways.  Both were uncomfortable with what was going on.  At least Henry was able to crack a smile and not act like a prude.  His bride to be seems a little prudish.  I think a lot of that is really just cold feet.  They both seem nice, though.  I hope they like each other.

• Love 6
12 minutes ago, Ilovepie said:

Brett. What a turd. But my true rage is directed at the producers and “experts” who put sweet trusting Olivia with the jackass that they absolutely knew was awful thinking they can mine tv gold from the ensuing drama that will unfold

They don't "think" they can mind TV gold, they KNOW they can.  People watch documentaries for reality, we watch reality TV for drama (at least I do).

• Love 5
6 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

Amelia, OTOH, the DOCTOR, strikes me as one of my pet peeves: a determinedly "faux-Plain" Jane, ostentatiously eschewing comb, razor, and make-up (is she going to be another "made up only for the ceremony" bait-and-switch bride?). 

I don't get why strippers (and then some) are part of anybody's wedding-eve "tradition." 

You know what kills me on this franchise? When anyone wonders whether or not the selected spouse is the other's "type." Because that "type" has worked out so well theretofore. NOT.

Since she looks ridiculous for the ceremony it's hardly a bait and switch 😄 

And that's what annoyed me last week when they showed this scene - that's where the producers should have told the girl that her type hasn't worked out; the premise of the show is to move past that and get to know the person.  That also could have been several times tonight when the family/friends asked "what if you're not attracted?"  I mean we hear on a continuous loop throughout the season that these people are marrying STRANGERS, and while normal people do XYZ on their wedding night, honeymoon, etc., these people are STRANGERS and they'd better git to figuring it out or they'll have to get a DIVORCE.  But no one remembers the premise of the show at all, even when it's handed to them on a platter to explain.

3 hours ago, Kira53 said:

Oh no she doesn't!  I thought I saw that in an early preview and vowed to hate the person who did it.  I was hoping I was wrong!

• Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, Elizzikra said:

Also, when did she get that text?

I think that she said she got it the night before the wedding and spent the rest of the evening looking at his insta. So I guess that was after the Bachelorette party? Also, I know they only have two weeks but could they NOT do the bachelor/bachelorette parties the night before the weddings?

This is getting suspicious!

There wouldn't have been very many people that knew who Karen was to get married to and know her phone number.  Instead of spending the rest of the night looking him up online, why didn't she call the producers right then?

Also his Instagram account should have be private at this time or deactivated, right? Why was she able to have access to it?

Edited by OnTime
  • Useful 3
  • Love 5

It's a fairly recent development, the shaving of legs and armpits, by women. Until after WWII, it was mostly done by prostitutes. 

I think most of us have grown up with the idea that it is more proper to shave then to not shave, but a lot of people feel the natural look is healthier and better for you.  To each their own, I guess.  

• Love 7
37 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

I think it said "Black Power" but people have been saying "Black power" since I was a teenager.

Is that over the top?

I don't think so but even if I did, it wouldn't matter. We are supposed to be seeing these people in their authentic home environments. If that is Miles's home, then show it as it is. I don't see any need to remove the sign.

• Love 11
(edited)
14 hours ago, shouldbedancing said:

I'm sad that Karen has so many reservations about Miles. Because he is the cutest (to me) and he seems the most serious about this. I feel like he'll do everything to make it work. The emotionalness makes him sweet.

I was most disappointed in Karen this episode because I expected so much more from her. Brett redefines douche (Zach was at least hot with his mouth closed - Brett thinks he can treat women like trash because he has biceps). Woody is a just 30-year-old frat boy. But Karen????? It's one thing to get cold feet because of the process, it's another thing to be reconsidering the marriage because your groom "talks about feelings." That screams immaturity and unhealthy relationship patterns to me. For her to complain that she's not physically attracted to him is one thing because physical attraction is subjective, YoU caNt HeLp PreFerEncEs, whatever (even though imo Miles is the hottest in the cast! Give JaimeO a call before launching into a whiny monologue about your groom not being a panty dropper), but specifically being turned off by his emotional availability and implying that that makes him....effeminate? who knows/cares?...is a massive red flag that gives me the impression she only dates losers and fuckboys. Karen will probably be into Woody, lol. What an unnecessary insult of character. She better redeem herself. 

Edited by SnarkEnthusiast
  • Love 10
5 minutes ago, SnarkEnthusiast said:

Brett now thinks he can treat women like trash because he has biceps, which is especially rich from a bullied former fat guy).

I think Henry is the formerly bullied guy, the one who had heart surgery. Henry is more reserved and awkward than Brett and seems nicer.

• Love 4
14 hours ago, Soup333 said:

I wish Kristen’s friend (can’t remember his name) would have gotten his teeth whitened for the wedding.

You never know, I have veneers on my top two front teeth.  If I ever got the rest whitened, would have to have the veneers replaced with whiter ones. Dentists have to "rough up" the teeth each time to put on veneers, which is damaging, so not worth it just to have whiter teeth.

• Love 2
(edited)

From the "Nobody Asked Me" Predictions Dept: 

Brett will be somewhat disappointed with Olivia, but nonetheless will figure "any port in a storm." He will then be shocked when she isn't attracted to him.

Karen will play the "not my type" card once too often, until Miles agrees with her and she in vain tries to win him back. 

Bennett and Amelia. There's quirkiness, there's creativity, and then there's annoyance. It will be interesting to see how or even if these two mesh. 

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Useful 2
  • Love 6

I think Olivia and Miles would have made a great couple. Woody and Brett seem overly impressed with themselves. I’m not feeling marriage material here. 

I’m so over the strapless, mermaid style dress. I liked Christina’s and Karen’s dresses the best.  

• Love 10
10 minutes ago, LennieBriscoe said:

From the "Nobody Asked Me" Predictions Dept: 

Brett will be somewhat disappointed with Olivia, but nonetheless will figure "any port in a storm." He will then be shocked when she isn't attracted to him.

Karen will play the "not my type" card once too often, until Miles agrees with her and she in vain tries to win him back. 

Bennett and Amelia. There's quirkiness, there's creativity, and then there's annoyance. It will be interesting to see how or even if these two mesh. 

I am looking forward to the seminal moment when Olivia calls Brett out to drop the man about town act for the camera.

She challenges him to decide if he wants to get to know a fully formed woman who has her act together professionally, who is ready to have a man to join her in a partnership to explore life together, if not,  then let's be friendly until Decision Day with no meanness.

Karen should have declined if she was so upset at her Google search of Miles...

Horrors! Miles is an empathetic, sympathetic, emoting man...How dare he feel......

Annoyance...the audience or each other?

• Love 6