Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E01: The Story Begins

• Start Topic

Nerves are high as our ten singles prepare to marry a complete stranger; one groom's motives are put to the test when the bachelor party takes a wild turn.

Airs July 15, 2020.

(edited)

Heads up...if you have a stupid DVR set the end of the show 6 minutes past the second hour.

You’ll be pissed if the last minutes get lopped off if you are watching later.

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Useful 1
(edited)

Raise your hand if you are looking forward to the weddings.

I love love.....

and the shock, horror, queasiness, emotional melt downs and happiness of these  ceremonies....

The best/worse is the editing of the bride and groom cutting back and forth each alternating the words of their vows....

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 10

I dislike Bennett on sight. That kind of quirky person is not for me. And while Amelia is quirky, she is also driven - she’s a doctor. Bennett has like five jobs. I hope Amelia isn’t looking for someone with the same drive.

I think Karen is very pretty. I hope she has healed from trauma from her last relationship (her ex had a whole baby on her!). Her mother is cracking me up.

• Love 8

So far...Amelia and Bennett, quirky couples don’t usually make it on this show, so far anyway. 
Impressed by Miles and hope Karen is really over the trauma of her ex cheating on her or I see trust issues. 
Olivia and Brett, he’s a serial dater, red flag. I’m bothered that they are all So trusting of the ‘experts’, haven’t they watched past seasons? 

• Love 9
(edited)
4 minutes ago, Straycat80 said:

I’m bothered that they are all So trusting of the ‘experts’, haven’t they watched past seasons? 

Suspended belief....akin to believing in Santa coming to your house with gifts and the Easter Bunny bringing you a basket of goodies and of course, they will beat the odds and be a successful  match like the few in the past seasons.

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 8
(edited)

I'm curious about Brett and why he's on this show.  He said he works in IT for "local government".  My guess since he's from Gretna (looked up his bio) that he works for Jefferson Parish so he should have a nice salary.   And yes lets hope his sisters keep him in line.

Armani & Woody have potential.     

I typed that before I heard Woody refer to himself in the 3rd person so I take that back.  Sigh

Edited by CindyBee
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, CindyBee said:

I'm curious about Brett and why he's on this show.  He said he works in IT for "local government".  My guess since he's from Gretna (looked up his bio) that he works for Jefferson Parish so he should have a nice salary.   And yes lets hope his sisters keep him in line.

Armani & Woody have potential.   

I dunno ... Woody gives me fuckboi vibes, and the friends said straight up that he’s living the player life & not ready to be married. (Miles definitely seems ready, and like a good catch.)

• Love 16
2 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

I dunno ... Woody gives me fuckboi vibes, and the friends said straight up that he’s living the player life & not ready to be married. (Miles definitely seems ready, and like a good catch.)

Yeah I typed that before Woody went downhill real fast.

Oh look, Brett making moves into the MFAS hall of shame BEFORE the wedding even takes place.  Poor Olivia, who only got matched with him cause she has a cat.

• LOL 1
  • Love 12

Amani and Woody...It worries me the friend group say he’s a party animal. I hope he’s ready to be married. I hope he’s not doing this as something fun to do with his friend Miles. 
Christina and Henry have the most potential out of the five IMO. 

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, Soup333 said:

Brett flirting with random women at the bachelor party doesn’t bode well for his marriage. Trash. 

But I must say, he has some confidence. 

That's Henry's BFF, the one that he goes to Taylor Swifts concerts with.  You could see she just wanted to puke all over Brett

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, CindyBee said:

Would be nice for Christina and Henry to work out but will Kristin really allow someone to take her place in Henry's life!??!   Probably not

Kristen had her chance with Henry...do you think she sees him in a different light now that he is a basic cable teevee star and has a wife?

Will she sabotage the marriage?

Is she this season's villianess?

Two women fighting over Henry? In his dreams.....

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
(edited)
1 minute ago, Soup333 said:

Will there actually be a wedding tonight?

According to MAFSFan on twitter, no.  

We still have to get to Brett trying to pick up on Kristin at the bachelor party.

Edited by CindyBee

I feel sorry for Olivia. Brett is an ass. 

Bennett is growing on me but I still don’t like Amelia. Too weird for me. 

No real opinions on the other couples yet although I wish Kristen’s friend (can’t remember his name) would have gotten his teeth whitened for the wedding. Yes, this is shallow. This is week eleventy billion of the pandemic. Sue me. 

• LOL 11
  • Love 5

If Amelia cleans up a bit, she actually has potential to be quite good looking. And the acro stuff she is doing is very hard and requires extreme core strength and balance....I have been doing circus acro for nearly a decade and I’d find her poses and tricks advanced. She is a hidden gem. The jury is out on Bennett

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
(edited)
22 minutes ago, Soup333 said:

No real opinions on the other couples yet although I wish Kristen’s friend (can’t remember his name) would have gotten his teeth whitened for the wedding. Yes, this is shallow. This is week eleventy billion of the pandemic. Sue me. 

Kristen’s bff, Henry, groom to be of Christina
Needs Crest Whitening strips...buy them at Costco.

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 1

Woody and Brett have similar vibes but Woody is the less asshole-y version 

Cringe moment: how many plastic straws were dumped into the environment just from the making of this episode!? Yuk

• Love 2

Zach must be sitting in on his couch with his ears on fire, since we are all talking about him comparing him to Brett. Zach was at least more magazine cover worthy. Brett is just gross

• Love 16

I liked Amelia in the gown that she thought looked a doily. She seems more of a barefoot in the park girl with a floral wreath on her head. 
I’m guessing the flight attendant is the ones who has already met the groom. What do you guys think?

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, ShowFan said:

If Amelia cleans up a bit, she actually has potential to be quite good looking. And the acro stuff she is doing is very hard and requires extreme core strength and balance....I have been doing circus acro for nearly a decade and I’d find her poses and tricks advanced. She is a hidden gem.

Agreed.

She self admits that she has had relationships but she’s been on the move so no long term.

She is naturally pretty, terrific core and booty, strong legs....musical....dedicated to medicine...the whole package.

Bennett please appreciate her.

Brett and Woody....Two asshats this season?...Production is determined to drive away all the long time viewers....

• Love 7

I’m not ready to equate Woody with Brett. Brett is disgusting. Overly confident and not at all attractive. He’s someone I would avoid if I met him. Woody does seem like he’d be the party guy, but I don’t get creepy vibes from him. It’s early though. 

• Love 18
(edited)

This show could’ve been 1 hour - so much redundancy from last week.

I don’t like Brett & Woody is too in love with himself to love a wife.

Remains to be seen how far the stick is up Christina’s ass. I would’ve been overwhelmed & grossed out at that ‘party’ too so hopefully that’s all it was.

The rest of the women seem cool enough so far. Amelia has a lot going for her but even just watching I find her a bit tiring. 

I think Miles has potential as could Henry, & I like how laid back Bennett is. He & Amelia may both be “quirky” (or whatever), but, they are opposites in other ways so this could be interesting.

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 5

I’m going to guess Brett will be the train wreck of this season. Maybe Woody too.  So Karen knows who Miles is? I think she’ll go thru with the wedding. 
Christina seems to have a lot of anxiety. Too bad because Henry seems to be a good guy. 

• Love 8
(edited)

Olivia said she’s never been given flowers and then this show she says, well, I don’t like roses, they should be exotic flowers and I’m thinking no wonder no one wants to give you flowers, you ingrate. I’m tired of her sniveling. 
I don’t think Brett is going to be overly attracted to her. She and Henry would be a better match 

Edited by Kiss my mutt
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8
(edited)
3 hours ago, Empress1 said:

I dislike Bennett on sight. That kind of quirky person is not for me. And while Amelia is quirky, she is also driven - she’s a doctor. Bennett has like five jobs. I hope Amelia isn’t looking for someone with the same drive.

I think Karen is very pretty. I hope she has healed from trauma from her last relationship (her ex had a whole baby on her!). Her mother is cracking me up.

Amelia said she hopes he is NOT a doctor.  She looking for a marriage like her parents.  Her mother was the doctor and her father took care of the home and kids.  She clearly is not looking for someone high powered. My experience is when they are both lawyers he thinks she should wash the dishes and cook as well. I think Amelia is figuring out what would be a lifestyle that would be supportive of her career. I've had clients that are both doctors and the woman doctor is up in the middle of the night washing clothes and he's asleep.  Amelia and Bennett may not work out but it will not because of Bennett's lack of ambition. There may be no sexual attraction although they're both actually attractive. I like their hair beautiful slightly curly with body hair. If they the kids will definitely have a fabulous heads of hair.I'm hoping it works out because both of them could have trouble finding a match that likes where they are in their life and that they are quirky and very unconventional.This could be their best hope to find a mate.  I don't know how match.com would work for them.

Edited by Kira53
typing
  • Love 10