Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E07: No Mushroom for Error

• Start Topic

On 7/16/2020 at 2:55 PM, heavysnaxx said:

• Aloo baingan: a simple curry made with potatoes, eggplant, and tomatoes.
  • Any of about a gajillion curries made with coconut milk, aromatics, vegetables, potatoes.

Also: It's not just Kiko - a lot of these "chefs" don't seem to care about creating a menu. They throw a bunch of random items together during a single meal but that's not menu-planning. If I were paying for a private yacht, I'd care a hell of a lot more about well-designed menus than a bunch of cheap schlock cluttering up the table.

ETA: FFS, Kiko - moqueca is supposed to be your thing and pivoting to use what you can (versus following an unchangeable recipe) is what cooking is all about.

Yes! Especially to your moqueqa comment. I looked up recipes for it, and it would be super easy to make it gluten-free, vegan, and delicious. Substitute roasted cauliflower, grilled eggplant, grilled zucchini, or braise some cabbage and add it... so many taste things you could put into that instead of the fish, and voila! Delicious vegan & gluten-free dish.