Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E01: Stairway to Heaven

• Start Topic

(edited)
On 7/18/2020 at 1:38 PM, Pepper Mostly said:

Oh, thank you! I could not put my finger on it!

I was screaming with laughter at that pic! "Hey baby, want to see my fully stocked fridge?" Those two deserve each other, though. Lindsey will bleed him dry. "Big diamond ring, big house......happy family" as she practically winks at us. 

And Shavel is a "business owner". So, Mary Kay? Herbalife? Amway? 

A thriving prison meth business.  Her "boyfriend" is her dealer

Edited by toodles
  • Love 1
On 7/17/2020 at 6:54 PM, Empress1 said:

I wondered if her family’s resistance had as much to do with Maurice being Black as it does with him being in prison. The way they were talking gave me that vibe.

This was crystal clear to me...they'd prefer a "stockbroker from New York." A white one. And her sister cut her out of her life over this, for years?! That screams racist.  I get that you don't want your kids around some criminal, but dude was years away from being out!

• Love 5
On 7/19/2020 at 11:51 AM, KateHearts said:

looks like the prisons have those fake backgrounds that you can have a picture taken against, like when you are about to get on your cruise ship. I've seen them in other seasons, too.  Maybe the have the scene posted outside the Conjugal Visit Room.

First time LAL watcher here and I am all in! Thank you for this explanation. I found that so strange. Photo shoots in prison??

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
3 hours ago, tvfanatic13 said:

First time LAL watcher here and I am all in! Thank you for this explanation. I found that so strange. Photo shoots in prison??

Even though it’s a whole new cast so you don’t need to, you should watch the prior seasons when you have a chance.

Edited by MrBuhBye
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
On 7/20/2020 at 4:14 PM, glitterpussy said:

That screams racist.

I'm sure you feel the same way about the previews WeTV has been airing: older black guy's son yells 'But she's white!' when he sees the pic of his dad's new jailbird girlfriend.

• Love 1
On 7/22/2020 at 11:12 AM, sempervivum said:

I'm sure you feel the same way about the previews WeTV has been airing: older black guy's son yells 'But she's white!' when he sees the pic of his dad's new jailbird girlfriend.

That's not necessarily racist to say, "but she's white/black/whatever" however refusing to see a family member because they're with a person of another race is prejudiced.  

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Neurochick said:

That's not necessarily racist to say, "but she's white/black/whatever" however refusing to see a family member because they're with a person of another race is prejudiced.  

Jessica's sister was only seen from a distance, and she hasn't said a word during the show (so far). At no point did anyone say that her sister was refusing to see Jessica because Maurice is black. We know nothing about Jessica's previous life choices, but marrying-after 6 months-a man who's been in prison since age 17 strikes me as impulsive, risky, possibly self-destructive and just plain stupid. And I'd think that even if he were as white as Jim Gaffigan.

• Love 7
On 7/22/2020 at 8:12 AM, sempervivum said:

Don't be so sure.

On 7/18/2020 at 12:06 PM, Pepper Mostly said:

I came here just to post that very thing! I yearn to know more about Quaylon's "aberrations". 

Oh, me too. He "follows the spiritual teachings of the Lakota". Far be it from me to slag off on anyone's spiritual traditions but he sounds phony as fuck, picking and choosing from a Native American buffet. His daughter appeared to be mortified. 

There is definitely something off about her. She makes me actively uncomfortable, with her fidgets and inappropriate giggles and weird affect. That whole scene where she thought she saw her sister was creepy. Hello! Your sister is living her life! She probably could not care less if your car passes by!

The home decor lady is probably going home to her nice, normal husband, who has never done time.  With a fat check in her hand from redecorating Delusional Douglas' home, and a hilarious story to share forever over the supper table. I loved her. Decorators, like nurses and pizza delivery people, must see everything. 

Sapphire finds the thought of the hasty wedding "nerving". This season is just going to be a festival of crimes against grammar and usage.

The home decor lady reminded me so much of one of the therapists on HOARDERS...For a second I thought I was finally going to get a new crossover.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 7/18/2020 at 11:55 AM, Kroliosis said:

What is going on with Scotts mouth/upper lip?  It looks like he’s missing all his top teeth too.  If you have $50k to spend on interior design (haha I don’t believe that) you can fix your teeth.

I've been looking at that, too.  I think he had cleft lip (what used to be called harelip) surgery--you can see the scar going up from the middle of his upper lip, which overhangs his lower lip.  I hadn't noticed his teeth but you can be I'll be looking!

On 7/31/2020 at 2:28 AM, Mothra said:

I've been looking at that, too.  I think he had cleft lip (what used to be called harelip) surgery--you can see the scar going up from the middle of his upper lip, which overhangs his lower lip.  I hadn't noticed his teeth but you can be I'll be looking!

That’s what I keep reading, but it looks totally different from pictures, to his scenes to his talking heads. And I didn’t see a scar. I’m going to have to rewatch & pause to get a good close up. 

3 hours ago, Hgirllooking said:

Why is there a padlock on John’s freezer? Just noticed on a rewatch. He puts the eagle win into the freezer and I noticed a gold colored lock on the side of the freezer door.

He has the severed heads of his exes in there?  Doesn't want someone finding them when looking for a fudgsicle?

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
On 7/18/2020 at 12:35 PM, lamujerdecente said:

Yes! This was it! My husband was shaking his head at me for watching this but stopped mid head shake. We both said,” translation hookers.”

So did my husband and I!  Sorry, this just started in Canada so I’m late to the party. Hi to the familiar names from various threads - so far mostly 90 Days. 

Also, smart attracts smart.

• Love 2