Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E10: Love You to Bits and Bytes

mxc90
  • Start Topic

As Ivy races to retrieve the devastating stash of ZIP bombs, but the remaining members of the team must rely on the help of a longtime thorn in their side, the very unstable genius Kathy Gustofson.

(edited)

NBC must be in a rush to get rid of these episodes. They could have made it a 3 parter and ended the misery in one night!

And in a snap the team is back in their rightful place in the FBI  I am sure Weller's landlord kept his apartment intact after all those months of no rent payments received.

Clueless FBI agents are taking orders/pep talk from Weller who was a fugitive 2 seconds ago and not reinstated. It's not a surprise, they did the same thing to Madeline last season when she was freed. At least they are consistent with their sheepish behavior.

OK. Just give them guns, vests (with no FBI in front), SUV with sirens blazing, let them run rampant in the city, have Patterson and Rich interrogate and make deals with Kathy. All makes sense!

Madeline setup the FBI NYC office so there is no assistant director after Weitz? The people in Washington didn't see this?

Good for Afreen to step up and give orders (even though she was immediately shot down when interim boss walked in).

The FBI is good at getting the main room back in working condition after it was filled with bullets.

Thank you Kathy for asking "what is up with the blue lighting in the lab?"

Boston should have put the wig and lipstick back on so Ivy couldn't have caught him.

So cutting off a finger will make the hacking process goes faster. Who knew? Are criminals opposed to cutting off toes?

Kathy playing them for fools was funny. She really thought Patterson and Rich could give her deal to be in the FBI!??!

Jane could have easily walked out and closed the door behind her instead of staying in the room with the ZIP. If Patterson could escape the burning room with no problem, Jane could escape the ZIP just as fast.

No priority for Zapata to visit a doctor after returning the US?

Edited by mxc90
  • Love 1

So... why does Ivy want to ZIP the country? (Or is that plan over now, based on her scurrying off?) I'm sure this was all explained in an earlier episode but I got nothing now.

The pressure plate bomb was pure Blindspot. It was ridiculous that the terrorists would leave Boston to die in such a convoluted way rather than just off him like they'd been threatening. (You'll hack faster if I point this gun in your face and even faster if I remove one of the tools you need to do it!) But the bomb was a dud (or Kathy cut the right wire?) so... I'm glad we spent all that time on that.

Why the hell did Weller and Co. show up to the warehouse with the sirens going? Dumb.

Right after Weller made the comment about them losing their memories, I thought, "I wonder if Jane will lose her memories again, bringing the series full circle." And. Welp. Apparently her love for Weller didn't give her super speed to just run back out the way she came. She could have hit the airlock and did a badass slide out the door, containing the ZIP vapor. But this is more ~poignant~.

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, omgsowicked said:

Why the hell did Weller and Co. show up to the warehouse with the sirens going? Dumb.

It was never shut off from the triangulating...

Kathy should be a treasure hunter...Indiana Jones never figured out pressure plate object swapping....

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, omgsowicked said:

So... why does Ivy want to ZIP the country? (Or is that plan over now, based on her scurrying off?) I'm sure this was all explained in an earlier episode but I got nothing now.

Because Ivy is connected to the Dabbur Zann. To the writers, these two words are sufficient to explain to the viewers all her evil actions this season. No need to add layers to this character.

• LOL 2

What does this mean for Dr. Greg? Mommy Dearest is dead...nobody paying those guards now...the dude still remembers all his medical training...maybe he and Jane will hook up so Weller can go back to Bethany.

1 hour ago, mxc90 said:

Because Ivy is 

#1 on The Blacklist

• LOL 2

That was one of the most painful hours I have ever watched.  I hate, HATE snappy dialogue in crisis situations. Act like adults, people.

4 hours ago, omgsowicked said:

"I wonder if Jane will lose her memories again, bringing the series full circle."

She'll escape by crawling into a handy, nearby duffel bag.

The all went in to the warehouse armed.  What was Weller's point in trying to kung fu those two guys into submission?  Just shoot them.  You did anyway in the end.

• LOL 2
6 hours ago, mxc90 said:

And in a snap the team is back in their rightful place in the FBI  I am sure Weller's landlord kept his apartment intact after all those months of no rent payments received.

You think Weller is smart enough to turn his autopay off.

6 hours ago, omgsowicked said:

Right after Weller made the comment about them losing their memories, I thought, "I wonder if Jane will lose her memories again, bringing the series full circle." And. Welp. Apparently her love for Weller didn't give her super speed to just run back out the way she came. She could have hit the airlock and did a badass slide out the door, containing the ZIP vapor. But this is more ~poignant~.

Then how they could make the entire last episode a clip show where they try to get Jane to remember all the things that I am trying to forget after watching this crap show.

• LOL 2

Kathy was insufferable before, and insufferable here.  Didn't really need to see her again.

Why did the new FBI director tell the team to stand down?  I'm suspicious of her already.

And Jane gets ZIPped again?  I don't think this is a fakeout, I expect that she probably will have gotten ZIPped and have to learn who she is all over again.  Was that it for the ZIP gas?  All of it was in that one room?

Yet another reason why Weller should be regretting that he didn't kill Ivy during either of the two times he could have.  Now he has apparently lost Jane as he knew her.

• Love 1
55 minutes ago, blackwing said:

And Jane gets ZIPped again?  I don't think this is a fakeout, I expect that she probably will have gotten ZIPped and have to learn who she is all over again.

Yeah, it looks like we're going to get a sucky Chuck ending. Have the writers proclaimed the series finale "a love letter to the fans" yet?

Well, at least Patterson survived and Bill Nye can come out of hiding now.

Weitz had "red shirt" written all over him, so if somebody had to die I'm not surprised it was him.

• Love 1
(edited)
8 minutes ago, NeenerNeener said:

Weitz had "red shirt" written all over him, so if somebody had to die I'm not surprised it was him.

The last Director before Reade died much like Weitz??? Stood in front of a fire fight in the same office...Deja Vu

Edited by paigow
1 hour ago, blackwing said:

And Jane gets ZIPped again?  I don't think this is a fakeout,

Maybe Jane is holding her breath [yes, while mouthing words to Weller] until Patterson reverses the ventilation fan.

• LOL 2
4 minutes ago, paigow said:

The last Director before Reade died much like Weitz??? Stood in front of a fire fight in the same office...Deja Vu

I'm still sad that they killed off Mayfair... still kind of disgruntled about it.  Marianne Jean-Baptiste was the biggest "name" in this cast and she was a big part of the show's appeal for me when it first premiered.

And I'm thrilled that Afreen survived.  In my mind, if there was going to be a Season 6, Afreen becomes a full time member of the team.  The actress is great.  Loved the shocked/sad look on her face when she saw Weitz.  Her line delivery was perfect.  "Why didn't you leave?  You always leave."

• Love 2
1 minute ago, blackwing said:

I'm still sad that they killed off Mayfair... still kind of disgruntled about it.  Marianne Jean-Baptiste was the biggest "name" in this cast and she was a big part of the show's appeal for me when it first premiered.

Who was the guy played by Dylan Baker? He was a "by the book" dick that hated Weller...but ended up saving them... 

So we have to wait to wait two weeks now to find out the ending of “the story of Jane”? What is so important next week that they have to preempt this show? 

It feels anti-climactic to keep losing the main bad guys. Madeline’s death should have been saved for the last episode. Ivy is not enough of a reason to stay invested. I really hope they don’t go the route of Kathy trying to takeover where Madeline left off. ZIP has officially become the new big bad. 

I’m also in the camp of thinking Jane was going to power slide through the door after pressing the button. The team helping Jane get her memories back will be boring because they’ve been down that path before. 

21 minutes ago, Angeleyes said:

So we have to wait to wait two weeks now to find out the ending of “the story of Jane”? What is so important next week that they have to preempt this show? 

It feels anti-climactic to keep losing the main bad guys. Madeline’s death should have been saved for the last episode. Ivy is not enough of a reason to stay invested. I really hope they don’t go the route of Kathy trying to takeover where Madeline left off. ZIP has officially become the new big bad. 

I’m also in the camp of thinking Jane was going to power slide through the door after pressing the button. The team helping Jane get her memories back will be boring because they’ve been down that path before. 

I didn't realise the show was preempted next week... I'm generally not a fan of double episodes, why couldn't they have just shown one per week?

I agree that Madeline should have died in the series finale.

If Jane does lose her memories, it will all be worth if the last line of the show features Roman or secret twin showing up and saying "Hello Remi.  I'm your brother."

• Love 1

I was thinking they could do some thing where Jane is immune to the Zip because of all her previous exposure, and that cure she had to take for the Zip side effects that killed Roman. 

I will be super annoyed if she is really zipped and the show ends with her having no memory. But I can see the show doing that.

• Love 1
16 hours ago, NeenerNeener said:

Yeah, it looks like we're going to get a sucky Chuck ending.

I had the exact same thought. If they do, they really should give credit and $, much like they do with sampling music.

I usually watch this on closed-captioning (otherwise I miss half the plot) but I listened to this last episode.  Does Weller always have such bad diction? I swear it sounded like he had been drinking and trying to explain a political situation to someone.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, jabRI said:

I usually watch this on closed-captioning (otherwise I miss half the plot) but I listened to this last episode.  Does Weller always have such bad diction? I swear it sounded like he had been drinking and trying to explain a political situation to someone.

The actor is Australian and sometimes his accent can get a bit muddled.

I thought it was funny that Kathy tried to subliminally win Rich and Patterson over by dressing herself up like Jane. The leather jacket was similar but not quite the same, as was the hairstyle.