Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER

nodorothyparker

S01.E02: Want & Consequence

Recommended Posts

Streaming 2020.07.15

Quote

Bernard Marx is preoccupied with recent events in New London as he and Lenina Crowne take a trip together; John struggles with a dilemma.

 

Share this post


Link to post

Lenina's friend has a sadistic streak. She enjoys watching children be shocked for trying to play with epsilon children.

Also some interesting twisting of the truth about the Savages and their lifestyle. That informational card about the western dear beast was not entirely accurate.

  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post

Yes, I was wondering about that, how could two societies be so similar in the housing, objects and devices, while removing all information about how the failed society operated, it had to be completely deliberate. Why would you remove all information about animals, extant or extinct, I don't see what purpose that would serve. Unless they are showing that the people of the new society only have the information they need to do their jobs and not much more.

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/16/2020 at 11:12 PM, AnimeMania said:

Yes, I was wondering about that, how could two societies be so similar in the housing, objects and devices, while removing all information about how the failed society operated, it had to be completely deliberate. Why would you remove all information about animals, extant or extinct, I don't see what purpose that would serve. Unless they are showing that the people of the new society only have the information they need to do their jobs and not much more.

You don't want them to think too much about things.  Bernard is a deep thinker and he is miserable.  Each member of society is taught just enough to do their job and exist in society.  Enough social and education information to be happy.no more no less.   Why bother teaching them things they don't need to know?  

You know how people are about animals.  You can tell a story about your dead grandma and people would laugh but tell one about squirrl you accidently ran over on the highway and they will be horrified,  Calling a deer a "Western Deer beast" and making up some facts on how it was so vicious and thats why it is extinct does make people feel better about it.  And in society where feeling good is what matters that is a good thing.   Its also fun how the "Savages' have taken advantages of New London and their tours up to this point with their fake shows.  

I am interested in the "what is wrong with Epsilon Jacks?" mystery.  

Dude.  Now I have to get my free 7 day trial.  Ok sure why not   I am kinda enjoying this.  

 

  • Love 5

Share this post


Link to post

Me too, I wasn’t sure if I wanted to keep watching but the last 15 minutes really brought me in. Damn you Peacock network, another app I have to keep track of. 

Share this post


Link to post

On 7/19/2020 at 2:15 PM, Chaos Theory said:

You don't want them to think too much about things.  Bernard is a deep thinker and he is miserable.  Each member of society is taught just enough to do their job and exist in society.  Enough social and education information to be happy.no more no less.   Why bother teaching them things they don't need to know? 

This kind of stuff is interesting. It is a shame it gets put aside for the "Savage Land rebellion." They should have spent 3 eps or so simply showing the future society and letting us see and contemplate the pluses and minuses of it. THEN they could have shown seeds of the rebellion. Very little interest in the rebellion or "the movement."

 

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 8/9/2020 at 5:30 PM, Ottis said:

This kind of stuff is interesting. It is a shame it gets put aside for the "Savage Land rebellion." They should have spent 3 eps or so simply showing the future society and letting us see and contemplate the pluses and minuses of it. THEN they could have shown seeds of the rebellion. Very little interest in the rebellion or "the movement."

I agree. I really enjoy world-building in television and movies. There's alot of information in the book they could have used as a foundation and built upward from there. I still hope they do.

Share this post


Link to post

Future or not, some basic engineering concepts surely are still applicable. Who designed the rocket craft? Why were there plenty of wasted space in it? The spacing of the seats made no sense whatsoever, particularly as the seats were just that. There were no mini-cabins as in today's first class. And why there was no headrests on the seats?

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size