Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
TVbitch

Tough As Nails

All the women out except one.  Only one man eliminated by a challenge.    

Last season, 3 of the final 4 were men.  Same this season.  If Sarah doesn't win this, the producers' really need to look at some of the tasks and rethink what  "tough' means

Is there any doubt that a BIG strong guy wins?  Scott is like 6'7" and with that Survivor-like competition, no wonder he wins. Last year, the big guy won too.

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, AuntieDiane6 said:

Is there any doubt that a BIG strong guy wins?  Scott is like 6'7" and with that Survivor-like competition, no wonder he wins. Last year, the big guy won too.

The way the finale was designed, a woman was only going to win if she was in the finale with 2 other women.  

• Like 6

It was *so* obvious Scott was going to win this. It wasn’t even close. 

• Like 2

I'm calling it right now. Season 3 winner will be a tall man who has a varied skill set and is supposedly afraid of heights.

• Like 5
  • Laugh 7

That was...a finale.  Very unsatisfied with the outcome.  I don’t dislike Scott for any reasons I can explain, but there’s just something off about him.  He didn’t stand out as a strong performer that I can recall.  His personality didn’t stand out in a way to make me think of him in a warm and fuzzy way like many of the other contestants did.  Scott was just “there” , so for him to win it all just seems like a let down.

• Like 3

I kept thinking about did Sarah make the right choice in picking Scott. But she most likely wouldn’t have won except in a one on one with  swifty.  Nothing against Scott he seems nice enough.  Zeus’ family was adorable.

I hope TPTB ask Sarah to do AR or Survivor.  Same with Meryll ( can’t wait to read her book).  They are great.

• Like 5

Sara and Meryl would make a great AR team! They are both super smart, strategic, calm, low egos.. I could see them going all the way, what a great idea!

• Like 11

14 hours ago, DEL901 said:

The way the finale was designed, a woman was only going to win if she was in the finale with 2 other women.  

Yes.  When you have a competition where brute force is required, a woman is always going to be at a disadvantage - it's just biology.

The final challenge should require a mix of strength tasks, attention to detail tasks, etc.  Other than the untangling the rope - which would still be heavy and was at the end of the challenge - it was all strength.

I'm fine with Scott.  Murph got on my last nerve.  I can't say that that I liked or disliked Scott.  I was quite neutral on him.  Good for him.

Edited by aemom · Reason: Added Scott
  • Like 7

I was pulling for Sarah but as soon as I saw all of the Final tasks, I knew she didn't stand a chance.  Not that she STILL didn't kick ass.  But all of those tasks required really physical exertion and that's just not right.

I actually thought that Zeus might pull it out but not having good jackhammer technique really cost him in the end.  Adorable kids, Zeus!

• Like 5

4 hours ago, aemom said:

The final challenge should require a mix of strength tasks, attention to detail tasks, etc.  Other than the untangling the rope - which would still be heavy and was at the end of the challenge - it was all strength.

Agreed 100%. Similar to last season's final comp (and many of the individual challenges), there's a brains or puzzle element missing that would allow those with different skills to shine, and the opportunity in the final comp for those behind to potentially catch up, or for those in the lead to switch. 

I also wish quality of work was more of a factor in challenges when it could be relevant. 

Unfortunately being able to muscle through seems to be a winning strategy, which is making the show a little predictable.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, jabRI said:

Sara and Meryl would make a great AR team! They are both super smart, strategic, calm, low egos.. I could see them going all the way, what a great idea!

From my mouth to Phil’s ear — Phil are you out there

• Like 3

Scott was such a blah, nothing, forgettable nobody of a character I've seen so many times before on reality TV. I've seen rich Scotts and poor Scotts, old Scotts and young Scotts. Scotts with and without guitars. Scotts with and without kids. Athletic Scotts and scrappy Scotts who "hustle." And they're always so shocked when they win. Never thought they could do it. By golly, they're just like us!

I fear we're getting a preview into CBS reality show casting going forward. We'll see a more diverse cast, but the winner won't be a Sarah or a Zeus or a Swifty. They might be there at the end, but a Scott will win. Because one way or another, Scotts always win.

• Like 3

I felt really bad for Sarah.  Not only did she not win but when they did the follow ups with everyone however many months later it seemed like all the other contestants had really cool things going on and then it was "Sarah's doing projects around her house and going to the gym".  I hope she gets something good out of this and wish her the best of luck with her health.   I think she could do motivational speaking or be a spokesperson for something with diabetes. She's pretty soft spoke but she is strong!

• Like 5

I thought Scott was a deserving winner.  I would have said the same about Zeus or Sarah if either had won.  One thing I noticed that Scott did (smartly) was pace himself.  He got ahead early and then kept his eye on the others and stayed just ahead rather than racing full speed and exhausting himself before he got to the last obstacle.

Sarah did the best of any woman on this show so far I think and managed to complete the course.  I doubt any woman can actually win because fit young men are just naturally stronger and have better grip strength.  People who think tasks should be made a bit easier to give females a better chance forget that that will also make them easier for the men.  ANW has a women only competition scheduled for next month.  That's probably the only way to really equalize the competitors.  

On 4/19/2021 at 8:05 PM, I Want My MBTV said:

I felt really bad for Sarah.  Not only did she not win but when they did the follow ups with everyone however many months later it seemed like all the other contestants had really cool things going on and then it was "Sarah's doing projects around her house and going to the gym". 

I just saw the ending (turned off tv after scott's obvious win), but I get the feeling Sara is just a private person, and kinda shy.  I remember when she and Liz had that 'talk' she came across that way.  Not unfriendly but a bit of an introvert (I can relate).  Liz... so happy for her having another baby, I'm gonna miss those dimples on my TV! 

Show has been renewed even though it is averaging 3.8 million viewers.    

• Like 5