Forums forums
PRIMETIMER

TVbitch

Tough As Nails

I'm going to miss this show.... flaws and all. It was nice to see competition where it didn't turn personal or nasty. A well-deserved win for Lia, who was impressive from the get-go. I would have been okay with any of the final 3 (or 4, really) winning. Well done Phil and gang... see you in Jan. for TAR.

• Like 3

I found myself wanting to go visit with Lia’s animals. Lol They were just too cute. Good for her for winning the whole thing. I like the changes they made this year. Skill is what the show is about and I think that’s what the final challenge should reflect. It was a good season with great competitors. I’m glad they all became so close. 

• Like 4

I'm only tough as Gummy Bears, so I was leaking tears as Lia pulled ahead and then clawed her way up the rope ladder.  Seeing her with her animals ramped up my outflow.  Well done, woman.

I hope there's a secret payout for the other two finalists, like Survivor.  $200,000 is life-changing money and it's wrenching to see their dreams crushed to dust.

I complained bitterly in the beginning, but I take it back.  The show ultimately did a pretty good job finding "tough" challenges that weren't based on muscle mass.   I'm still a little bit retroactively shocked that it wasn't Mike driving away in that truck.

In the future, we probably don't need any more helicopter crop duster pilots.  It's definitely an impressive skill, but you'd think the most important element would be the ability to stay calm and keep your wits about you in a clinch.  [Guess not.]

• Like 4

I'm very happy Lia won.  I'm equally happy never to see Kelsey again.

I wonder how much Quincy "hulking out" at the beginning of the challenge played into his falling behind later.  He basically tore that wall apart with his bare hands and then slowly fell further and further behind.  I don't think any of it was something he couldn't have done well and quickly.  I think he just peaked too soon.

• Like 8

I don't think I've ever done as big a 180 as I did with Lia this season.  I am really happy for her and love the way she repped for us ladies.  

On another note, Jerome backing his skidsteer over that obstacle was seriously impressive.  I liked every single one of the competitors this season.  Take notes, Survivor!

• Like 6

On 12/8/2021 at 9:57 PM, Taeolas said:

Yeah, Lia pulled it off. I think her recognizing the ropes were slipknots were what gave her the edge in the end. The other two were spending a lot of time detangling ropes, while she managed to slip them free. 

Given that one of the biggest complaints about this series at the end of each of the previous two seasons was that the final challenge appeared to be weighted entirely for a male competitor to win, the cynic in me wonders if hers was the only rope system that contained slipknots as some sort of attempt to "even the odds". 

I'm seeing commercials on Global TV up here in Canada. Apparently they are casting for Season 5 of TAN and it is open to Canadians this time. 

The way Phil is talking it almost sounds like they want to do a Canada vs US; but I doubt it will be like that in the end. Probably 4 Canucks in total if they're lucky. 

Still, if anyone else is up here in the GWN, feel free to apply. :) 

• Like 2