Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E06: The Charles Family Backyard Ball

• Start Topic

I think Shea is one of the most beautiful people to be on Drag Race - which is why I am disappointed in every single runway she does.  I wish for once she would quit with that weird eye makeup and just make herself into a beautiful woman (because she sure is a beautiful man).  She does those weird eyes every week and I get that that is part of her persona but it is underwhelming to me.

Not sorry to see Alexis go, although I don't think she deserved to go before Blair (who certainly doesn't suffer from a lack of self-confidence, does she?).  Blair, you really haven't done anything to impress anybody except be really pretty!  My least favorite thing to hear someone say is "I really want to be here."  GURRRLLLLL...do you think you are the only one?  At this point in the competition I think it is best to eliminate the toughest competition and of the two being considered Alexis was definitely a lot more competition than Blair.

I thought Cracker was better in the lip sync - to me Roxxy just basically stripped.

Juju is the best!  She is so funny - I would go back and watch her sit between Blair and Cracker again just to see her expression - it was like she was watching a tennis match and laughing her way through it.

• Love 5
On 7/11/2020 at 8:14 AM, Fallacy said:

But I didn’t like Cracker’s look for the lip sync at all, and totally agreed with Ru that Roxxy won that one. It wasn’t just her costume. She oozed sex and looked like she meant every word of the song. I appreciated Cracker’s effort, but Roxxy was just hot. 

From the start of the lip synch I thought Roxxxy had it and am glad she won. It was more than the costume changes, she actually enhanced the song instead of fought against it. Cracker's seemed slightly frantic. While the song has a good beat, it is more of a sultry song and Roxxxy oozed it as you said. 

I'm glad Alexis was sashayed away. While I don't think Blair will last the next week, I have enjoyed her more this time than her original season. I do think she has grown although the pout at the end was ridiculous. So there is still some growing to do. Alexis would definitely drop shea if she had the chance. And while I don't think she campaigned for Shea to go, I am sure she mentioned to India about how they could all take shea out. As usual the truth is most likely somewhere in between. India took a chance that Alexis talked to other queens about it and tried to get the focus off of her. And that is the last that I will ever mention that producer-enhanced storyline.

I do think that this season hasn't been as exciting (especially with the amazing last regular season) and the choice to have all but the winner be in the bottom was a producer choice to try and stir up drama. 

I really want Juju to take this home. I didn't see her other seasons (late to the show) but caught her on the makeover show she did and loved her calm and realness there. Happy to see it come forth here. 

• Love 2
55 minutes ago, RoxiP said:

My least favorite thing to hear someone say is "I really want to be here."  GURRRLLLLL...do you think you are the only one? 

Same. This is second only to "I want this more than anyone else," because (1) it doesn't matter how much you want something if you aren't the best (2) until someone invents a machine to measure how much you want something, how do you really know that you want something more than someone else?

• Love 10
44 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

This is the one that gets me all ragey every single time lol.

on every single reality show EVER!!! but it annoys me most here and when a girl is called into Kelli and Judy's office on DCC:MTT

YouTubeTV added VH1 so I can finally catch up YAY!!! And now that I've caught up on this season of All Stars I can go back and watch season 12. 

When the cast was announced I wanted Juju to win; I adore her!!! I'd be ok with a Shea win though she's still my second choice. Blair needs to go home though I am more impressed with her than I was on her first season. Cracker needs some socialization and self-awareness help but I do like her. Bye Alexis! While India lied through her teeth I still like Alexis much less this season than either of her previous shots at the crown.

I found the lip sync boring actually. I expected more than we saw. 

I'm glad most of the girls aren't voting out the competition. I stopped watching AS4 when Manila got eliminated. I was PISSED and I know it's part of the game but still ugh!

• Love 4
On ‎7‎/‎11‎/‎2020 at 8:11 PM, belligerent said:

I'm rewatching and just got through the part where Shea helps Cracker with the sewing machine, and I need to figure out what she did because I have that machine and rarely use it because it's constantly jacked up and making bobbin nests. I have two others that don't give me nearly as much trouble.

I think all she did was thread the machine properly. If you don't raise the needle all the way up the tension plates don't open and the thread won't have the proper tension.

Most of those kinds of issues have to do with top thread problems.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, swanpride said:

I wonder how they will deal with the voting process next week.

I try to remember what the track record was.....I remember that Cracker now won twice, and I don't think that she did particular badly in any challenge other than the snatch game. Jujubee won once and was constantly in the top. Shea won twice (I think) and was only once in the bottom, otherwise she was up there. Blair won once, but I guess she is the one who was close to elimination the most often.

Blair never actually won a main challenge. Ru said that she and Mayhem designed the best hotel room, but then gave the win to Jujubee that week, based on her performance.

If the voting is done the same way next week, and Blair doesn't win, she'd better go home. (Unless someone else bombs the challenge to the extent that Gia Gunn bombed her All Stars Snatch Game.) Blair just doesn't have the track record of the other three, and overall she's not as distinguished a queen.

• Love 1

One of the judges commented on Blair's "NASCAR look" but she was obviously going for an Indy 500 look. I really liked Blair a lot on her original season but this year....Jujubee's kitties for the win! 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Eliza422 said:

I think all she did was thread the machine properly. If you don't raise the needle all the way up the tension plates don't open and the thread won't have the proper tension.

Most of those kinds of issues have to do with top thread problems.

She told her to lose the tension AND increase the length of the points -> 2-3, if I'm not mistaken. It was not a problem of a needle position, but settings 😉

7 hours ago, Blakeston said:

Blair never actually won a main challenge. Ru said that she and Mayhem designed the best hotel room, but then gave the win to Jujubee that week, based on her performance.

If the voting is done the same way next week, and Blair doesn't win, she'd better go home. (Unless someone else bombs the challenge to the extent that Gia Gunn bombed her All Stars Snatch Game.) Blair just doesn't have the track record of the other three, and overall she's not as distinguished a queen.

I think Blair suffered the Valentina narrative, after showing much potential in her season she was as too quick to join All Stars. The fact that Blair can transform to a baby-faced cute guy to retro-vintage glam sophistication with a contemporary edge, makes her exciting to watch her development. But much like Valentina, I feel she should have waited at least 1 or 2 more cycles of All Stars before signing up, because now she feels a little underwhelming when you see her now. She should have modeled her stellar comeback off of Tatiana when she did AS2 after a long hiatus.

• Love 4
12 hours ago, CailynA said:

While India lied through her teeth I still like Alexis much less this season than either of her previous shots at the crown.

I just watched Alexis  previous season again. She was so much more fun back then. (and not bloated)  I've actually watched seasons 1-5 again. and another thing I know for certain,,,,I don't like Raja, at all.

• Love 1
On 7/13/2020 at 4:42 PM, Diane Mars said:

She told her to lose the tension AND increase the length of the points -> 2-3, if I'm not mistaken. It was not a problem of a needle position, but settings 😉

D’oh! I didn’t go back to watch - I guess I was projecting my own issues 🤣🤣🤣

• LOL 2

I honestly do like Blair, is she on the level of Juju, Shea or Cracker? No, but I do think she deserves her Top 4 spot above the rest. She's nowhere near as funny as the others but that's not her shtick, she's a singer and look queen. 

I love Shea and I think she deserves to win, BUT, Juju is so damn funny and charismatic, I wouldn't be mad at all if she finally wins the entire thing, OR, if she doesn't, I hope this brings her more fame and attention (which I think she's achieving that). 

I'm on the fence about Cracker, while there's obvious talent, I do think she's more calculating than on her season, but she's faring better this time because the challenges are more catered to her strengths and, in my personal opinion, season 10 had the strongest competitors or at least tied with season 12. While she has the most wins, I still don't see her as strong as either Shea or Juju. 

• Love 3

Cracker does better this time around because she no longer has to compete with Aquaria in the look department, or with Asia and Monet regarding the stage presence. Shea can still outdance her, but in any other challenge she now has the same change to succeed as anyone else in the line-up.